ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV American Horror Story (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250991)

Okie_Apparition 11-16-2011 11:02 PM

& how many kids did that looney bitch have

58kcfan89 11-16-2011 11:05 PM

I think she said 3 (maybe 4...) in the first episode or so.... I do remember her talking about how all of her kids except one got "lost" or ****ed up or something when she was talking about the pregnancy.

KcMizzou 11-16-2011 11:20 PM

The show's kind of a mess. All over the place.

Chiefnj2 11-17-2011 06:29 AM

It looks like next weeks episode gives the history of the gimp suit.

Okie_Apparition 11-24-2011 07:44 PM

They already showed who was in the gimp suit in an earlier episode
In fact this whole episode was like a review clip show with weakness tieing them together

58kcfan89 11-26-2011 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8139630)
They already showed who was in the gimp suit in an earlier episode
In fact this whole episode was like a review clip show with weakness tieing them together

I dunno, I enjoyed this week's episode. This was the first time I was a little creeped out by the show and feel like it's about to start paying off. Guess we'll find out.

Chiefnj2 12-01-2011 11:41 AM

What did people think of last night's episode?

I'm not sure how the husband could be so stupid as to not realize the house is haunted.

Would living next to a young semi-hot sexpot ghost be a good thing, or bad thing? Presuming you don't go down into the basement.

58kcfan89 12-02-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8158502)
What did people think of last night's episode?

I'm not sure how the husband could be so stupid as to not realize the house is haunted.

Would living next to a young semi-hot sexpot ghost be a good thing, or bad thing? Presuming you don't go down into the basement.

I'm enjoying the series, but I agree about the husband. You'd think he wouldn't have such casual conversations with the girl he plunked over the head & buried in the backyard...

Not sure if you're referring to the maid, his mistress or the neighbor, but the (young) maid is ah-mazing.

Chiefnj2 12-02-2011 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 8160546)

Not sure if you're referring to the maid, his mistress or the neighbor, but the (young) maid is ah-mazing.

Either one. They've both offed guys during/after.

Okie_Apparition 12-02-2011 12:51 PM

Apparently ghosts ****, alot. Hot dick hitting cold pussy must be steamy & vise versa.

They need to have a new family with new problems every season. There will be so many people they can bring back as trouble making ghosts. It could work

58kcfan89 12-02-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8160660)
Either one. They've both offed guys during/after.

Haha, this is true. I'm hoping the part where the maid said "You're starting to see things as they are" isn't the end of Alex Breckenridge. That'd kill me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8161468)
Apparently ghosts ****, alot. Hot dick hitting cold pussy must be steamy & vise versa.

They need to have a new family with new problems every season. There will be so many people they can bring back as trouble making ghosts. It could work

That'd be a big ****ing cast, but it'd be kinda cool to see. I'm a pretty big fan of not changing characters every season, though... I did like the story of the girl who wanted to be famous who became famous because of her death. That was kinda cool.

Extra Point 12-02-2011 06:16 PM

The writers will kill this couple, they'll live in the house, and somone(s) new will buy it. Rinse, write, and repeat.

keg in kc 12-02-2011 06:19 PM

I think I'm probably glad I didn't watch.

Deberg_1990 12-02-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8161468)

Its Ryan Murphy. Dude is obessed with sex judging from this, Nip/Tuck and parts of Glee.

Hes also gay which explains his obession with that as well.

FAX 12-07-2011 10:07 PM

I have a question ... or several, actually ...

Burned Guy ... he used to live in the main house, right?
Blonde Old Chick ... she killed her husband and son?
Blonde Rubber Man Kid ... he burned up Burned Guy?
Maid Lady ... did Blonde Old Chick kill her?

FAX

Okie_Apparition 12-07-2011 10:40 PM

Maidless episode. Looks like they're wrapping things up

yeses

58kcfan89 12-07-2011 10:41 PM

Interesting twist to tonight's episode. Interested to see how the parents react when they find out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8179603)
I have a question ... or several, actually ...

Burned Guy ... he used to live in the main house, right?
Blonde Old Chick ... she killed her husband and son?
Blonde Rubber Man Kid ... he burned up Burned Guy?
Maid Lady ... did Blonde Old Chick kill her?

FAX

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Yes.
She killed one of her kids (at least), not sure about the husband.
Yes.
Yes.

Okie_Apparition 12-07-2011 10:51 PM

Somewhat normal son committed suicide by cop
Husband(dont think he's shown up as a ghost) and old/young maid she caught in the bedroom & shot

jpadgett230 12-07-2011 10:51 PM

American Horror Story

CHIEFS SUCK! They just simply stink and I don't see them getting better anytime soon. If I were a Chiefs fan I would cry!!!:deevee:

FAX 12-08-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 8179672)
Interesting twist to tonight's episode. Interested to see how the parents react when they find out.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Yes.
She killed one of her kids (at least), not sure about the husband.
Yes.
Yes.

Thanks, I saw just about 2 minutes of tonight's episode and totally lost the thread.

Appreciate the assist.

FAX

58kcfan89 12-08-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8179684)
Somewhat normal son committed suicide by cop
Husband(dont think he's shown up as a ghost) and old/young maid she caught in the bedroom & shot

Good call, I forgot she shot her husband at the same time she killed the maid.

But her son that was chained in the attic got killed with a pillow to the face. Can't remember if she's the one that actually did it or if it was her husband...

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8179842)
Thanks, I saw just about 2 minutes of tonight's episode and totally lost the thread.

Appreciate the assist.

FAX

No prob, I'm not sure which part of the episode you watched, but the last 5 minutes or so (when the blond Kurt Cobain kid & the girl get into the crawl space) was pretty surprising IMO.

Chiefnj2 12-08-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 8180912)
Good call, I forgot she shot her husband at the same time she killed the maid.

But her son that was chained in the attic got killed with a pillow to the face. Can't remember if she's the one that actually did it or if it was her husband...

No prob, I'm not sure which part of the episode you watched, but the last 5 minutes or so (when the blond Kurt Cobain kid & the girl get into the crawl space) was pretty surprising IMO.

Burn man smothered the mask kid in the attic. Tate burned him up in revenge for killing his brother.

Baby Lee 12-08-2011 03:09 PM

http://www.avclub.com/articles/rubber-man,65488/

Funny read

notorious 12-11-2011 11:00 AM

It was fairly predictable, especially when the cop mentioned the flys on the fruit bowl.

Okie_Apparition 12-20-2011 09:54 PM

Season finale wednesday with only 1 left alive
twist

Tribal Warfare 12-22-2011 01:35 AM

I assume that was also the series finale.

Deberg_1990 12-22-2011 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8227681)
I assume that was also the series finale.

Nope. It's been renewed

Chiefnj2 12-22-2011 07:07 AM

Last episode was kind of a let down. I think it will be tough to have additional seasons.

Okie_Apparition 12-22-2011 12:25 PM

I guess they're not tied to the house & can move on with the Damien child

notorious 12-22-2011 09:56 PM

I really don't know where they are going to go with this now.

They can have flashbacks with just about everyone in the house, they can have a new couple move in again. Who knows?

DJ's left nut 12-22-2011 10:22 PM

Season 1 was proof of concept, IMO.

Season 2 should simply hit the re-set button. New location, new ghosts, new situation if need be. All it has to be is "American".

The bottom line is that they've proven that the ghost story can work as a serial if the actors have the chops for it and the source material is good enough.

I think we've seen the last of the Harmons, demon-spawn child and all.

Tribal Warfare 12-22-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8229605)
Season 1 was proof of concept, IMO.

Season 2 should simply hit the re-set button. New location, new ghosts, new situation if need be. All it has to be is "American".

The bottom line is that they've proven that the ghost story can work as a serial if the actors have the chops for it and the source material is good enough.

I think we've seen the last of the Harmons, demon-spawn child and all.

If they lose Faye Dunaway that would be a severe blow to the show and it's success, because of her name recognition and acting ability.

DJ's left nut 12-22-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8229625)
If they lose Faye Dunaway that would be a severe blow to the show and it's success, because of her name recognition and acting ability.

She can't carry the show and I'm not sure how you can build 15 episodes around a toddler serial killer.

I just don't see a way to keep her in that show without it being insanely contrived. The kid's an evil little shit and the rest of the storyline is terminated.

They have to move on.

Realbaddog 12-22-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8229625)

Sorry to correct, but she is not Faye Dunaway, her name is Jessica Lange....

Was a big name (and a great actress in her time)

Okie_Apparition 12-22-2011 10:45 PM

Yeah, they can go in million different directions
Can they make it work, I don't know this season got thin at times

Tribal Warfare 12-22-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Realbaddog (Post 8229712)
Sorry to correct, but she is not Faye Dunaway, her name is Jessica Lange....

Was a big name (and a great actress in her time)

Okay Jessica Lang, still heavy hitter this show needs another actor/actress with those type of chops. Unless they go into the psyche of a serial killer, or cop hunting him down to further the story like exploring Charles S. Dutton story with a totally different case tracking down such a crazed maniac.

Okie_Apparition 12-22-2011 11:11 PM

They could start a new haunted house at mommy deariest's
1 kill in, I don't think the daughter died there

Chiefnj2 12-23-2011 08:22 AM

They will be moving on:

So what does this mean for Season 2? Will Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott, who starred as Vivien and Ben, return to haunt the new owners of Murder House? Nope! "Those characters and those stories are done," creator Ryan Murphy told reporters Thursday morning. "Every season of the show will be a different haunting. Every season will have a beginning, a middle and an end. What you saw in the finale was the end of the Harmon house. The second season of the show will be a brand new home or building to haunt."

DJ's left nut 12-23-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8230105)
They will be moving on:

So what does this mean for Season 2? Will Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott, who starred as Vivien and Ben, return to haunt the new owners of Murder House? Nope! "Those characters and those stories are done," creator Ryan Murphy told reporters Thursday morning. "Every season of the show will be a different haunting. Every season will have a beginning, a middle and an end. What you saw in the finale was the end of the Harmon house. The second season of the show will be a brand new home or building to haunt."

Outstanding.

That's the only way to keep that show going that wouldn't have been forced as all hell.

Fortunately it did well enough that they should be able to attract some pretty decent actors to fill the roles.

Okie_Apparition 12-23-2011 12:48 PM

There are tons of actors who drop out of series work they can get
I finally figured out where I'd seen the physcic before
She was the nanny from Deadwood

58kcfan89 12-23-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8230105)
They will be moving on:

Not that I don't believe you, cause I do, but where is this from?

Agree completely that it's best that they move on. I was a little disappointed with the finale, too much time change (3 years later, etc.) and the demon kid just doesn't make me want to watch that badly (seeing as how Tate was a nutjob & has a huge body count, too).

I wouldn't mind seeing Britton, McDermott, etc. make small/short cameos in some episodes in the next season, but they definitely need to move on. If a good cast is brought in, the show can keep working. Interested to see the setting, cast & whatnot of season 2.

notorious 12-23-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8230443)
There are tons of actors who drop out of series work they can get
I finally figured out where I'd seen the physcic before
She was the nanny from Deadwood

She was also the secretary on "What Women Want".

DJJasonp 12-25-2011 12:30 AM

Sad to see the season/story end....but really enjoyed the ride..

More info on Season 2 here: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...72769120111222

RickObie 12-25-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 8235608)
Sad to see the season/story end....but really enjoyed the ride..

More info on Season 2 here: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...72769120111222

Sissy!

Okie_Apparition 12-25-2011 05:36 AM

It's on FX
the next season will be half over before I realize it

Deberg_1990 08-23-2012 06:20 AM

Season 2 teasers are out. Asylum......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tpr5bgZ6YiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XgMPLY6aFPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q7EkQsnVVEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefnj2 08-23-2012 02:13 PM

I love horror movies, but it would be nice if AHS had some original ideas. They can't think of anything better than the spiderwalk from the Exorcist for a teaser?

vailpass 08-23-2012 02:16 PM

I started out hating that show but left it on the DVR to-do list anyway. One night I was sitting outside having a cocktail and ended up watching half the season back to back. Got pretty good.

Tribal Warfare 08-31-2012 04:19 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DAiWhtWd_u0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-XDWSBhMf-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 10-11-2012 09:12 AM

First 5 minutes if season 2 premeire online.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HDsh57D2Zn8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasta Little Brioni 10-11-2012 02:22 PM

Don't forget the SyFy Original Movie American Horror House coming out soon!!!

notorious 10-11-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9002349)
Don't forget the SyFy Original Movie American Horror House coming out soon!!!

What is this "SyFy" channel you speak of?

Bowser 10-17-2012 08:57 PM

Anybody watching? I think I need to set the DVR for this one, too......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e7XC-4zVirA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 10-17-2012 08:58 PM

The first ten seconds of that vid are probably my favorite of the promos, heh.

Pretty strong cast, to boot.

KcMizzou 10-17-2012 10:15 PM

I watched, and I guess I kinda liked it. But just like last season it's just... all over the place. They seem more focused on throwing in as many horror references as possible, than having a coherent plot. It's more like a horror themed music video, than a show that hooks me in week to week.

Chiefnj2 10-18-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9026830)
I watched, and I guess I kinda liked it. But just like last season it's just... all over the place. They seem more focused on throwing in as many horror references as possible, than having a coherent plot. It's more like a horror themed music video, than a show that hooks me in week to week.

That's how I feel. On one hand I think don't they have originality - cum throwing scene like Silence of the Lambs, innocent person institutionalized, crazy doctor conducting experiments on the wards, etc.

Then when there is something "original" does it really have to be an alien abduction? I don't really like the mix of horror and sci-fi.

ToxSocks 10-18-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9027528)
That's how I feel. On one hand I think don't they have originality - cum throwing scene like Silence of the Lambs, innocent person institutionalized, crazy doctor conducting experiments on the wards, etc.

Then when there is something "original" does it really have to be an alien abduction? I don't really like the mix of horror and sci-fi.

Trying to predict the plot changes here:

I think the Alien abduction is going to be what his brain remembers in place of the traumatizing event that occurred that night. And I think it was the "Mad Scientist" that actually skinned his wife.

I enjoyed it and i'm looking forward to next week's episode. I do agree that they aren't really doing anything new though, but i still find it entertaining. I think the characters are interesting enough.

vailpass 10-18-2012 03:59 PM

I watched, I liked. the "all over the place" pace is good, it works for me. It isn't a life changing series by any means but a good tv show at the end of the day.

Deberg_1990 10-18-2012 04:06 PM

No McDermott and Britton this year?
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock 10-19-2012 10:52 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/dylan-mcdermot...191604186.html

DJJasonp 10-20-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9027528)

i think that's part of the point (and title) of the show.....

They pay homage to classic american horror stories.

Just like last season (Rosemary's Baby obviously comes to mind)

beach tribe 10-20-2012 12:10 PM

I've watched the first four episodes. Meh. Does it get better?

Brock 10-20-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9032780)
I've watched the first four episodes. Meh. Does it get better?

IMO, not really. I still watch it, but it's just kind of a time waster.

DJ's left nut 10-23-2012 10:27 PM

Just got around to watching episode 1 of Asylum.

Ultimately I think we're going to get more of a 'gore-porn' season built around shock value and queasiness rather than a raw thriller.

Last season was a pretty great story that got its draw from raw tension - I think this will be more of the lowest common denominator horror than that.

It still looks decent, just different. I think the casting was a little lazy, but I understand the directors desire for a throughput.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-28-2012 07:58 AM

Didn't watch 1, but I'm digging season 2 thus far.

notorious 10-28-2012 08:41 AM

Tate is ****ing crazy, that's why he sees aliens. The reporter woman is right.

ToxSocks 11-02-2012 11:45 AM

Clearly this past episode inspired a lot of conversation.

:rolleyes:

I thought it was the worst episode of the series.

KcMizzou 11-03-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9077325)
Clearly this past episode inspired a lot of conversation.

:rolleyes:

I thought it was the worst episode of the series.

And on Halloween night! I was underwhelmed.

vailpass 11-05-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9056235)
Tate is ****ing crazy, that's why he sees aliens. The reporter woman is right.

Still, where did that mechanical spider thing come from that was implanted in his neck?

Tribal Warfare 11-16-2012 01:10 AM

FX’s ‘American Horror Story’ Renewed For Third Installment; Jessica Lange To Return
By NELLIE ANDREEVA Thursday November 15, 2012 @ 10:18am PST

FX has picked up a third installment of its horror anthology franchise American Horror Story with a 13-episode order. Production of the untitled new cycle of AHS will begin next summer and premiere in the fall of 2013. FX and AHS creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s are keeping mum on details about the next incarnation but announced that, like was the case with American Horror Story and American Horror Story: Asylum, many of the actors will return in different roles next year, including star Jessica Lange.

The news comes with Season 2, American Horror Story: Asylum, still on the air, headed to its conclusion on January 23. It has been a formidable demo force in the Wednesday 10 PM time period, with last night’s episode topping all broadcast networks in Adults 18-34 (2.1). Vs. last week, AHS: Asylum was up 30% in Adults 18-34 and 9% in Adults 18-49. “With American Horror Story: Asylum, Ryan and Brad have raised the bar in every way from Murder House, the first American Horror Story miniseries,” said FX president John Landgraf.

Lange won Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild and Emmy awards for her role as Constance Langdon in 20th Century Fox TV-produced American Horror Story. Starring as Sister Jude in AHS: Asylum, Lange will be moving to the Lead Actress category in the Golden Globe and Emmy awards this year, FX said.

okoye35chiefs 11-16-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9122496)
FX’s ‘American Horror Story’ Renewed For Third Installment; Jessica Lange To Return

FX has picked up a third installment of its horror anthology franchise American Horror Story with a 13-episode order. Production of the untitled new cycle of AHS will begin next summer and premiere in the fall of 2013. FX and AHS creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s are keeping mum on details about the next incarnation but announced that, like was the case with American Horror Story and American Horror Story: Asylum, many of the actors will return in different roles next year, including star Jessica Lange.

The news comes with Season 2, American Horror Story: Asylum, still on the air, headed to its conclusion on January 23. It has been a formidable demo force in the Wednesday 10 PM time period, with last night’s episode topping all broadcast networks in Adults 18-34 (2.1). Vs. last week, AHS: Asylum was up 30% in Adults 18-34 and 9% in Adults 18-49. “With American Horror Story: Asylum, Ryan and Brad have raised the bar in every way from Murder House, the first American Horror Story miniseries,” said FX president John Landgraf.

Lange won Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild and Emmy awards for her role as Constance Langdon in 20th Century Fox TV-produced American Horror Story. Starring as Sister Jude in AHS: Asylum, Lange will be moving to the Lead Actress category in the Golden Globe and Emmy awards this year, FX said.

:clap:

I seriously watch 4 shows on TV...
1. Anything Football
2. Homeland
3. Dexter
4. AHS

notorious 11-16-2012 09:43 AM

Yes. This show is pretty damn good.

ToxSocks 11-16-2012 10:50 AM

I Watched this week's episode yesterday. Pretty good, i liked it.

Bump 11-16-2012 11:07 AM

I guess I'll have to start watching this

notorious 11-16-2012 11:15 AM

The guy that played the gay person (1st season) and the psychologist on this season is a fantastic actor.

He also plays Spock and Silar (Heros).

vailpass 11-16-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9122496)

Good news.

okoye35chiefs 11-16-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9123184)
The guy that played the gay person (1st season) and the psychologist on this season is a fantastic actor.

i think it's pretty cool that the same actors are playing different roles...

some good actors on this show...

notorious 11-16-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9123373)
i think it's pretty cool that the same actors are playing different roles...

some good actors on this show...

They are second to none IMO. Breaking Bad level of acting.

notorious 11-16-2012 02:42 PM

Does anyone notice that Tate's accent changes from time to time? I think he has a multiple personality disorder.

Baby Lee 11-16-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9123184)

That sexual conversion scene was surreal as both Sarah Paulson and Zachary Quinto are gay IRL.