ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***The Official Branden Albert Trade Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272490)

ChiefMojo 04-26-2013 11:24 AM

Don't we get a 3rd round comp pick if he walks after next season if he happened to stay?

ct 04-26-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9630041)
There will good players all the way up to our 4th round pick. Albert for #54 and one of Miami's two 3rd round picks #77 or #82. We'd could have #54, #63, #77, #96 and #99.That's a lot of ammo to trade up with or just pick a lot of decent players.

This sounds great, but 77 does seem high to make up for 54-42. I could see a 4th at most, or 2014 3rd.

ILChief 04-26-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9631331)
Don't we get a 3rd round comp pick if he walks after next season if he happened to stay?

Pick won't be until 2015

ct 04-26-2013 12:04 PM

Miami is even saying they were shocked Oakland accepted that trade, so I really don't see an intentional FU KC there. Still think this gets done, and if its only 54 I'm fine w/ it.

Chiefnj2 04-26-2013 12:08 PM

I really don't understand why people want to play Fisher at RT. You just used the first pick of the damned draft on the kid. Put him in at LT, let him get the reps where you hope he's going to anchor your team for the next decade.

Chris Meck 04-26-2013 12:14 PM

I think you have to look at it like this-if you move Albert for #54, then you're trading him for that pick as well as the extra $$ that you can now use to sign, oh, I don't know, how about Richard Seymour?

Make the deal.

The Franchise 04-26-2013 12:17 PM

**** Richard Seymour.

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-26-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9631331)

Maybe but if the chiefs bring in any free agent worth a shit. The Chiefs might not get a comp for Albert.

Chris Meck 04-26-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9631569)
**** Richard Seymour.

really? You don't think he'd have a positive impact on your defensive line?

Radar Chief 04-26-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9631537)
I really don't understand why people want to play Fisher at RT. You just used the first pick of the damned draft on the kid. Put him in at LT, let him get the reps where you hope he's going to anchor your team for the next decade.

If Albert doesn’t get traded I think it’s a little less stupid to start the first round pick at RT than the franchise player.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9631537)

I don't understand why people can't comprehend that playing fisher at RT for one year doesn't mean that it's permanent. If we keep Albert for his tag year then just leave him where he's been playing.

why deal with the disruption when you can just let the rookie get his feet wet at RT without the drama.

Albert plays a full year without getting hurt then his trade value could actually be higher next year.

The rookie learns the nfl at a little bit easier position and then slides over to left tackle.

it's not difficult unless you put this imaginary 'don't take a RT at 1.1' bullshit into the issue.

Molitoth 04-26-2013 01:48 PM

If we could trade Albert and somehow get Geno... I will be very very happy.

Rausch 04-26-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9631876)
I don't understand why people can't comprehend that playing fisher at RT for one year doesn't mean that it's permanent. If we keep Albert for his tag year then just leave him where he's been playing.

why deal with the disruption when you can just let the rookie get his feet wet at RT without the drama.

Albert plays a full year without getting hurt then his trade value could actually be higher next year.

The rookie learns the nfl at a little bit easier position and then slides over to left tackle.

it's not difficult unless you put this imaginary 'don't take a RT at 1.1' bullshit into the issue.

Not only that but if Albert does miss time this year we can just slide Fisher over and have a legitimate replacement at LT for once...

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9631893)

I don't think we take Geno even if we do trade Albert.

It would be a WR or MLB

Reid has his QB

Rausch 04-26-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9631893)

No question.

Hell, Geno would be my preference but all the QB prospects are still out there. That later 2nd could probably land us Glennon and we'd finally have a QB that could throw beyond 15 yards...

The Franchise 04-26-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9631898)

It would be a WR or MLB

Reid has his QB

Taking a MLB right now would be pretty dumb......at least IMO.

Rausch 04-26-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

It would be a WR or MLB

Reid has his QB

:#

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ghI2knp4tx...in_the_mud.png

wazu 04-26-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

It would be a WR or MLB

Reid has his QB

I really do think it all comes down to where he is on their board. The Chiefs just took a friggin right tackle at 1.1 claiming he was BPA.

There was talk not long ago about Geno at 1.1, and we brought him into KC for a workout. If he is even in their top 20, then there is a chance he is the top available guy sitting on their board, and lord knows you can never deviate from your "board". Ever. No matter how little you need that player.

Easy 6 04-26-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9629932)
All I know is that Albert needs to go. He's a greedy prima donna that will refuse to play RT, and there is no way the Chiefs should waste Fisher at the RT spot, except maybe the first year if they absolutely have to keep Albert this year.

WHAT?

Every other left tackle in his position would refuse that move, he's earned the right to play left... greedy prima donna? the guy hasnt uttered more than 75 words since he's been here.

Sorter 04-26-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9631876)

The thing is, recent tackles who were drafted to play LT and switched to RT never really developed into LTs.

Reiff(who might move to guard ROFL)
Bulaga
Jon Martin (probably early to say, the fact they want Albert is meaningful IMO)
Carimi(also moved to guard)
Oher
Sherrod

Tyron Smith is the most recent example of a first round T who started out on the right side that bucks this trend. Solder could fit as well.

IMO, Fisher needs to play LT right out of the gates.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9631895)
Not only that but if Albert does miss time this year we can just slide Fisher over and have a legitimate replacement at LT for once...

yep ... even if Albert just misses a game or two it would allow us to ease Fisher into that roll.

much less drama and problems if we just let Albert have his way and play LT.

At first the rookie will be happy just to have a job in the NFL.

You talk to Albert and tell him that you tried to trade him but his salary demand and his back made the offers low. Tell him that if he plays well and stays healthy then he can get traded next year.

We get the best effort by Albert and rookie learns ... win/win.

Rausch 04-26-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9631906)
I really do think it all comes down to where he is on their board. The Chiefs just took a friggin right tackle at 1.1 claiming he was BPA.

There was talk not long ago about Geno at 1.1, and we brought him into KC for a workout. If he is even in their top 20, then there is a chance he is the top available guy sitting on their board, and lord knows you can never deviate from your "board". Ever. No matter how little you need that player.

I don't think we trade to get him (or any of the QB's) but I think if the one we have rated the highest is sitting there at our pick we'd take him...

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9631910)
The thing is, recent tackles who were drafted to play LT and switched to RT never really developed into LTs.

Reiff(who might move to guard ROFL)
Bulaga
Jon Martin (probably early to say, the fact they want Albert is meaningful IMO)
Carimi(also moved to guard)
Oher
Sherrod

Tyron Smith is the most recent example of a first round T who started out on the right side that bucks this trend. Solder could fit as well.

IMO, Fisher needs to play LT right out of the gates.

I think that's more about the player never being that good to begin with.

Just how does playing right tackle for a year sabotage a players ability?

Beef Supreme 04-26-2013 02:00 PM

I don't think it could be any more clear. We aren't taking a QB in this draft.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9631906)

so do you think Fisher actually is a right tackle or are your panties in a bunch because he might play RT for a year?

we are talking fisher ... not crying about Geno.

MahiMike 04-26-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9629715)
A shot at Geno? If Jacksonville passes on him they are reeruned beyond all imagining.

Jags won't take him. They're gonna rape Jets tonight and move down. Get a real QB...)

ILChief 04-26-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9631920)

Apparently Albert thinks it does

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9631920)

Sometimes, playing on the right side just ****s people up that haven't played there before. You're re-learning all of your technique and incorporating new muscle memory, as far as your kick-slide being reflexive, fast, and balanced.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9631925)

agreed

we wouldn't of signed Chase Daniels in addition to trading for Alex Smith if we were looking for a QB.

Rausch 04-26-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9631933)

Albert doesn't want to switch in a contract year - it will cost him money.

Fisher already knows what he's making. Why would he give a $3it?...

ILChief 04-26-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9631911)
yep ... even if Albert just misses a game or two it would allow us to ease Fisher into that roll.

much less drama and problems if we just let Albert have his way and play LT.

At first the rookie will be happy just to have a job in the NFL.

You talk to Albert and tell him that you tried to trade him but his salary demand and his back made the offers low. Tell him that if he plays well and stays healthy then he can get traded next year.

We get the best effort by Albert and rookie learns ... win/win.

No way we franchise Albert again next year. You're looking at $11-12 million for a one year deal

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:03 PM

When you're doing the above mentioned learning, on top of learning an NFL playbook, adjusting to life as an NFL player, and are young, you can extremely hinder development.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9631933)

oh bullshit

Albert doesn't want to play right tackle, in his contract year, because they get paid less.

it's all about the money

Rausch 04-26-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9631941)
When you're doing the above mentioned learning, on top of learning an NFL playbook, adjusting to life as an NFL player, and are young, you can extremely hinder development.

By having a player learn an easier position before a more difficult one?...

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9631940)
No way we franchise Albert again next year. You're looking at $11-12 million for a one year deal

If we trade Albert it doesn't really matter what his tag number is

we won't pay it

His new team will sign him to a long term contract so they won't pay it.

The Franchise 04-26-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9631951)
If we trade Albert it doesn't really matter what his tag number is

we won't pay it

His new team will sign him to a long term contract so they won't pay it.

It will to teams other than the Dolphins. They won't have the time to work out a contract before the pick is up.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9631954)
It will to teams other than the Dolphins. They won't have the time to work out a contract before the pick is up.

we are talking about next year

xztop123 04-26-2013 02:09 PM

Isnt time running out?

Rausch 04-26-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 9631965)
Isnt time running out?

It happens today or not at all.

I doubt we trade him for a pick next year...

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9631950)
By having a player learn an easier position before a more difficult one?...

It's a whole new position. Easier (which I don't really agree with given that most teams have quality LDEs in addition to RDEs) doesn't mean that the techniques are easier. As an extreme analogy, have you ever tried learning to throw left-handed? Everything is flipped. Let's take a 4 year player who only played LT. He has 4+ years of muscle memory on his kick-slide, mirroring, footwork, and balance all predicated to the left side. Now he has to try and develop 4+ years of the above mentioned traits in 1 training camp.

This is also why you don't see a lot of rookie WRs spend a lot of time working out of the slot that didn't do so in college. They're learning an entirely new position, new footwork, and new techniques. You don't want to completely overwhelm your rookies.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9631974)
Let's take a 4 year player who only played LT. He has 4+ years of muscle memory on his kick-slide, mirroring, footwork, and balance all predicated to the left side. Now he has to try and develop 4+ years of the above mentioned traits in 1 training camp.

Fisher has already played right tackle in college

He's player left tackle,right tackle ... even some guard iirc.

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9631982)
Fisher has already played right tackle in college

He's player left tackle,right tackle ... even some guard iirc.

I'm aware of this. That's why I didn't cite Fisher in that post.

I want him playing LT immediately so he can begin his development as quickly as possible. I don't think he'd struggle at RT.

Rausch 04-26-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9631974)
It's a whole new position. Easier (which I don't really agree with given that most teams have quality LDEs in addition to RDEs) doesn't mean that the techniques are easier. As an extreme analogy, have you ever tried learning to throw left-handed? Everything is flipped. Let's take a 4 year player who only played LT. He has 4+ years of muscle memory on his kick-slide, mirroring, footwork, and balance all predicated to the left side. Now he has to try and develop 4+ years of the above mentioned traits in 1 training camp.

This is also why you don't see a lot of rookie WRs spend a lot of time working out of the slot that didn't do so in college. They're learning an entirely new position, new footwork, and new techniques. You don't want to completely overwhelm your rookies.

The guy can play any position on the line. Other than C I'd feel fine anywhere we put him year 1...

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9631996)
The guy can play any position on the line. Other than C I'd feel fine anywhere we put him year 1...

I would as well, as far as Fisher in concerned. I'd feel the same about Kalil.

Any of the other tackle prospects, eh. I'd rather just start them at LT and if they don't pan out, then you find a productive position for them later.

-King- 04-26-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9631577)
Maybe but if the chiefs bring in any free agent worth a shit. The Chiefs might not get a comp for Albert.

Not likely. We brought in Eric Winston and some other free agents and we still got a 3rd for Albert. So unless we bring in a premier FA, we're going to get a pick most likely.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9631991)
I'm aware of this. That's why I didn't cite Fisher in that post.

I want him playing LT immediately so he can begin his development as quickly as possible. I don't think he'd struggle at RT.

we are only talking about Fisher

your comments were completely irrelevant and bordered on lying

You tried to imply the mirror technique change would hurt fisher without saying his name. Manipulate the argument, hoping that nobody knew that Fisher played other positions already.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9631999)
I would as well, as far as Fisher in concerned. I'd feel the same about Kalil.

Any of the other tackle prospects, eh. I'd rather just start them at LT and if they don't pan out, then you find a productive position for them later.

backpedal

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9632012)
we are only talking about Fisher

your comments were completely irrelevant and bordered on lying

You tried to imply the mirror technique change would hurt fisher without saying his name. Manipulate the argument, hoping that nobody knew that Fisher played other positions already.

ROFL

I was playing devil's advocate and provided a very logical explanation of why playing a LT at a new position can be detrimental to their development. As I stated repeatedly, I don't believe that applies to Fisher.

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9632017)
backpedal

LMAO

ptlyon 04-26-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 9631965)
Isnt time running out?

Dorsey is working with congress right now to speed up daylight savings time to 5 o'clock

Rausch 04-26-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9632023)
As I stated repeatedly, I don't believe that applies to Fisher.

Welcome aboard.

Now want Glennon in the 3rd and Le'Veon Bell on day 3...:)

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:35 PM

Let's go over this one more time.

1. Sorter posts a list of players who had to play RT initially after being drafted to play LT in the future. They struggle and never end up playing LT.
2. Laz gets pissy and wonders how playing RT could be detrimental
3. Sorter provides actual breakdowns of how that can be detrimental and slow a player's development/learning curve
4. Laz gets pissier, and starts spouting off about Fisher
5. Sorter says that he never mentioned Fisher and was simply playing devils advocate while still producing factual evidence of players who had to play RT and struggled with their transition to the NFL.
6. Laz rejoices realizing he tried to suck Sorter into an argument, did so, and probably lights up a cigarette, enjoying his effective and near L.A. Chieffan level of elite trolling.

Edit: 7. Sorter bangs head into keyboard.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9632023)
ROFL

I was playing devil's advocate

well ok then

:thumb:

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9632041)
Let's go over this one more time.

1. Sorter posts a list of players who had to play RT initially after being drafted to play LT in the future. They struggle and never end up playing LT.
2. Laz gets pissy and wonders how playing RT could be detrimental
3. Sorter provides actual breakdowns of how that can be detrimental and slow a player's development/learning curve
4. Laz gets pissier, and starts spouting off about Fisher
5. Sorter says that he never mentioned Fisher and was simply playing devils advocate while still producing factual evidence of players who had to play RT and struggled with their transition to the NFL.
6. Laz rejoices realizing he tried to suck Sorter into an argument, did so, and probably lights up a cigarette, enjoying his effective and near L.A. Chieffan level of elite trolling.

so you discuss and i get pissy?

that's quite the challenging perspective

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9632040)
Welcome aboard.

Now want Glennon in the 3rd and Le'Veon Bell on day 3...:)

There are hopefully going to be some nice RBs available in the 4-6th.

Christine Michael, Gilislee, Bell, Stacy, Barner.

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9632047)

Extremely so.

Of course, it's a biased perspective, so there's that.

philfree 04-26-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9632047)

It's like boxxy on her period.

Rausch 04-26-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9632048)

I doubt bell falls to the 4th but I love having a Phat Back to compliment Charles.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-zEJ5cTI4CE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keep in mind while watching spin moves and him hurdling defenders that this beast is 244.

Thunder and Lightning...

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9632058)
It's like boxxy on her period.

LMAO

ChiefsCountry 04-26-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9632061)
I doubt bell falls to the 4th but I love having a Phat Back to compliment Charles.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-zEJ5cTI4CE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keep in mind while watching spin moves and him hurdling defenders that this beast is 244.

Thunder and Lightning...

Knile Davis from Arkansas

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9632061)

Thunder and Lightning...

Do want. I think Joesph Randle would be a likely option as well.

Bwana 04-26-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9631925)

I agree, but this sure is fun to watch. :D

The Franchise 04-26-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9632048)

Riddick.

Mother****erJones 04-26-2013 03:26 PM

Would love bell or ball at RB

Sorter 04-26-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9632147)
Riddick.

I haven't watched any of him other than the few live games I watched of ND(Stanford, Bama).