ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Pets of Chiefs Planet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150331)

Nzoner 11-09-2006 05:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one from last Christmas of the whole family

Easy 6 11-09-2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg
My new neighbor across the street is looking for a good home for their dog and I'd like to keep it from going to a shelter (especially an Animal Control situation). He said he's really lovable and friendly with kids and cats, but his wife said the dog makes her nervous when it stares at her and she wants it out of the house. Unbelievable. People make me sick.

Anyway, attached is a photo of the dog that he emailed me. Sorry to bug you with this, but if you know of anyone...

LOL, thats creepy as hell. It reminds of an SNL cartoon where Affleck buys J-Lo a dog that looks like Robert Duvall just because its so expensive.

Skip Towne 11-09-2006 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly
Moxie and one of my Games.

Who is that reerun with the chicken?

Hammock Parties 11-09-2006 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner
Here's one from last Christmas of the whole family

Those are some damn cute doggies. That one on the right is adorable.

Lzen 11-09-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg
My new neighbor across the street is looking for a good home for their dog and I'd like to keep it from going to a shelter (especially an Animal Control situation). He said he's really lovable and friendly with kids and cats, but his wife said the dog makes her nervous when it stares at her and she wants it out of the house. Unbelievable. People make me sick.

Anyway, attached is a photo of the dog that he emailed me. Sorry to bug you with this, but if you know of anyone...

Dayum!!!!! That is freaky looking.

Lzen 11-09-2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs

The one on the right is a cat, dummy. :p

morphius 11-09-2006 09:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are 2 of my 3, still trying to find a picture of the other cat where the eyes are glowing.

Easy 6 11-09-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly
i enjoy waking up to hearing a crowing rooster.

I can dig that.

Hammock Parties 11-09-2006 09:47 PM

The first time I heard a crowing rooster I was scared shitless. I had never heard one before and it was way off in the distance, very faint.

Easy 6 11-09-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

The first time I heard a crowing rooster I was scared shitless. I had never heard one before and it was way off in the distance, very faint.

There really is something about it that says "Wake up and get going, you are alive". I had the pleasure not too long ago.

The Poz 11-09-2006 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's Willy. Not too fond of the snow.

Hammock Parties 11-09-2006 10:08 PM

Sad dog in snow.

Nzoner 11-09-2006 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

All 4 of the animals were saved from the pound as well.BTW,that adorbale mutt on the right is KC Dog I actually posted her as a pup way back in post 3.

JazzzLovr 11-09-2006 10:38 PM

A tribute

1 Attachment(s)
When I first moved to Kansas City, I spent a couple of months going back and forth to Springfield to finish moving and to complete my last college class. Once I was done, I had planned to go to the shelter and adopt a kitten. I stocked the house with cat food, cat litter, cat toys, etc., then made my last trip to Springfield that Labor Day weekend.

When I returned, there was a little black-and-white cat sitting in front of my apartment door. I had to make several trips back and forth to the car, and she kept following me everywhere. I finally decided to take her in and put some posters up around the apartment complex.

I only received one call. A girl called and said that there was a cat that had been living in the basement of my building, and she and some of the other neighborhood kids had been going downstairs to feed her. She described my new roommate to a "T".

For several years after that, it was just the two of us keeping each other company in that apartment. She watched out for me too, I think. The man I'm about to marry is the only one that I brought home that she ever warmed up to.

She was small, probably never more than about 5 or 6 lbs. But she had all the energy and attitude to make up for it. She routinely beat up on David's nearly 100 lb. dog.

This past Sunday was my mom's birthday. I had planned to call her to wish her a happy birthday, but instead, I called her in tears. Being an animal lover who just lost one of her cats less than a year ago, she could understand what I was feeling.

David and I had stayed home to watch the Chiefs game, and I realized that I hadn't heard anything out of Oreo all day. After some searching, we found her lying under a chair, one of her favorite napping places. When I realized what had happened, I had to leave. David took care of everything else. He said that it appeared to have been something sudden, like a heart attack or something. It was as if she just went to sleep and didn't wake up again.

---

She picked me. She looked out for me. She made sure there was someone else to take good care of me before she left.

Rest in peace, my pet, my companion, my pocket-sized guardian angel.

Nzoner 11-09-2006 10:44 PM

Sorry to hear Tammie,having lost numerous pets over the years I know the pain you're feeling but always keep in mind there's another furry friend out there that needs adoption and love.

MOhillbilly 11-10-2006 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Who is that reerun with the chicken?

he aint no chicken though i wont argue w/ the reerun part.

dick:harumph:

Radar Chief 11-10-2006 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Phoebe the Jeep dog, chocolate lab mix, after a long day of wheel’n at Disney, OK.

greg63 11-10-2006 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
My fish. Enjoy.

Nice pic luv!

LocoChiefsFan 11-10-2006 10:46 PM

Our 10 week old Daschund.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7144/1000232on3.jpg

Archie F. Swin 11-10-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LocoChiefsFan

aww...cute little puppy, coppin' a feel

HemiEd 11-10-2006 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is our very large (18 lb.) Yorky. His name is Toto, we bought him in Kansas. We are Soul mates, amazing dog. Very well diciplined, does not have the small dog attitude.

Skip Towne 11-10-2006 11:00 PM

Dogs are so much better than people. They will love anybody unconditionally and will honestly help people in any way they can. Dogs are the best animals on the Planet.

HemiEd 11-10-2006 11:23 PM

Quote:

Dogs are so much better than people. They will love anybody unconditionally and will honestly help people in any way they can. Dogs are the best animals on the Planet.

We can agree on this, they are the best.

greg63 11-10-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

Don't care for pit bulls though.

teedubya 11-10-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeChief
My dog Buddy. He's been through a lot. Addiction is a real struggle. Yes, it's true... Buddy is a Meth Lab.

nice teeth. heh. Meth Lab. I tell you that ExtremeChief... heh.

rtmike 11-11-2006 12:06 AM

Here's our 2 Bengals. The bigger one is the male "Hemi", smaller a female "Cuda".

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL827.../203831788.jpg

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL827.../203831770.jpg

Archie F. Swin 11-11-2006 12:08 AM

they from Cincinatti?

HemiEd 11-11-2006 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz
Here's Willy. Not too fond of the snow.

That brought a smile to my face, cute dog.

HemiEd 11-11-2006 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedandGold
Here are mine.

Cassius is our 8 1/2 year old Boxer, and Jack is our 5 month old German Shepherd.

German Shepherds are incredible dogs. They are fun as pups too, feet so big and they are clumsy.

Easy 6 11-11-2006 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
German Shepherds are incredible dogs. They are fun as pups too, feet so big and they are clumsy.

Yup, they have always been my favorite dogs. Great protector dogs yet are still good with kids etc.

The Poz 11-11-2006 10:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
That brought a smile to my face, cute dog.

Thanks, but he does enjoy the winter football season.

Nzoner 11-11-2006 11:48 AM

Let me guess the Steelers game?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attac...chmentid=63017

angel 11-11-2006 11:52 AM

My babies Bruce and Shannon:
http://f7.yahoofs.com/users/445ff306...IOhVFBXhoC0GuA

CHIEF4EVER 11-11-2006 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My sweetheart doing what she loves to do while I am driving......

stumppy 11-11-2006 12:25 PM

Dogs are the best people I know.

CrazyHorse 11-11-2006 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one of our babies. We have others, but none this cute.This is a wild rabbit.He's now three years old, and doing great.

Bill Lundberg 11-11-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse
Here's one of our babies. We have others, but none this cute.This is a wild rabbit.He's now three years old, and doing great.

AND he tastes like chicken!

StcChief 11-20-2006 08:44 PM

Tess: Lab Pointer

1 Attachment(s)
Chiefs Dog. 'Tess' a 6 yo fixed female. Lab Pointer. The Ellsberry MO Breeder does both breeds of AKC, had a mistake litter. :hump:

Hammock Parties 11-26-2006 12:12 AM

My KC buddy's sheepdog.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/639/sheepdog2au5.jpg

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9372/sheepdogpx3.jpg

Hammock Parties 11-26-2006 12:17 AM

And his demonic terriers:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7211/terrieriv9.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7139/terrier2ly8.jpg

MYKCCHIEFS 11-26-2006 03:32 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Damn, nobody else has any snakes? Here is my Northern Pacific Rattlesnake, Hannibal. He was a great pet. I loved to watch him eat. He got an infection in his venom gland and I had to take him out back and shoot him.

Next is Socks, or Fatass as I used to call him. He was my best buddy for 12 years. I had to have him put to sleep on October 6th, he was dying from congestive heart failure. It's still hard for me to sit at the computer and listen to the Chiefs' games now. I really miss him alot.

3rd is my Grey rat snake, Ozzy as he is finishing up a mouse. I caught him in the hallway at work a couple of years ago. The mother had it's babies in the building and security was going around killing them. I grabbed him and took him home. He is the only snake that has never bitten me, besides my rattlesnake. I think he got used to me hand feeding him since he was only a couple of days old.

Lastly is Alpine. I got her when I worked for a veteranarian 10 years ago. Her owner brought her in after backing over her with the car. She was only 4 months old at the time and her right front and left rear legs were absolutely crushed. the owner didn't have the money to try to save her, so I asked if I could have her. Needless to say, after successful surgery to repair her legs and a long recovery, she has turned out to be one beautiful "little bitch"(that's her nickname). My mom stole her from me when I bought my house. I got kicked out, but the cat stayed. Lol.

Easy 6 11-26-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYKCCHIEFS
Damn, nobody else has any snakes? Here is my Northern Pacific Rattlesnake, Hannibal. He was a great pet. I loved to watch him eat. He got an infection in his venom gland and I had to take him out back and shoot him.

Next is Socks, or Fatass as I used to call him. He was my best buddy for 12 years. I had to have him put to sleep on October 6th, he was dying from congestive heart failure. It's still hard for me to sit at the computer and listen to the Chiefs' games now. I really miss him alot.

3rd is my Grey rat snake, Ozzy as he is finishing up a mouse. I caught him in the hallway at work a couple of years ago. The mother had it's babies in the building and security was going around killing them. I grabbed him and took him home. He is the only snake that has never bitten me, besides my rattlesnake. I think he got used to me hand feeding him since he was only a couple of days old.

Lastly is Alpine. I got her when I worked for a veteranarian 10 years ago. Her owner brought her in after backing over her with the car. She was only 4 months old at the time and her right front and left rear legs were absolutely crushed. the owner didn't have the money to try to save her, so I asked if I could have her. Needless to say, after successful surgery to repair her legs and a long recovery, she has turned out to be one beautiful "little bitch"(that's her nickname). My mom stole her from me when I bought my house. I got kicked out, but the cat stayed. Lol.

...a rattlesnake???...... :eek:

Dartgod 11-26-2006 10:17 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Chuey and Ecko. The last one is Ecko as a baby.

Frazod 12-19-2006 09:44 PM

Meet the latest addition to the frazod household

1 Attachment(s)
This is Starbuck - we just got her tonight.

More pictures to follow.

Frazod 12-19-2006 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More Starbuck

Frazod 12-19-2006 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one (for now, anyway)

sd4chiefs 12-19-2006 10:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hate you for making me wear this hat.

RealSNR 12-19-2006 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is Bubba Sue. Though she doesn't look like it, she's 26 pounds, and doesn't even have a tail. My parents got her from the shelter when she was 3, and apparently the previous owners didn't want her, that's why she was up for adoption. The shelter was running low on space, so she was a few days away from being put to sleep before we claimed her.

I can't imagine why nobody wanted her. She's the friendliest animal I've ever been around. Loves anyone and everyone.

Redrum_69 12-20-2006 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeChief
My dog Buddy. He's been through a lot. Addiction is a real struggle. Yes, it's true... Buddy is a Meth Lab.

LOL

this one got me...this is the color of lab I have been looking for.

tomahawk kid 12-20-2006 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Chuey and Ecko. The last one is Ecko as a baby.

Quick question: Did you have the Schnauzer before getting the other dog?

If so, how did the Schnauzer adjust?

Duck Dog 12-20-2006 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
Chiefs Dog. 'Tess' a 6 yo fixed female. Lab Pointer. The Ellsberry MO Breeder does both breeds of AKC, had a mistake litter. :hump:

That girl needs her nails clipped. :p She's pretty though.

Redrum_69 12-20-2006 09:11 AM

Dartgod 12-20-2006 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid
Quick question: Did you have the Schnauzer before getting the other dog?

If so, how did the Schnauzer adjust?

No, we got the schnauzer (Chuey) a year after Ecko. They get along great. Chuey terrorizes the hell out of Ecko and Ecko puts up with it. Every once in a while Ecko puts Chuey in his place and lets him know who rules the roost.

My wife and I get a lot of laughs watching them play.

Lzen 12-20-2006 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I still don't have a pic of my cat. But here's a pic of my newest addition. We'll get him on Friday when he's 7 weeks old.

morphius 12-20-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR
This is Bubba Sue. Though she doesn't look like it, she's 26 pounds, and doesn't even have a tail. My parents got her from the shelter when she was 3, and apparently the previous owners didn't want her, that's why she was up for adoption. The shelter was running low on space, so she was a few days away from being put to sleep before we claimed her.

I can't imagine why nobody wanted her. She's the friendliest animal I've ever been around. Loves anyone and everyone.

Ahhh, a Maine Coon. That looks a lot like mine, but for some reason my mutt Maine Coon only got to be 9.5 lbs.

Iowanian 12-20-2006 11:53 AM

Who knew this thread was

Where the Red fern Grows

Rain Man 12-20-2006 11:59 AM

Here are my cats, who are the best pets in the entire world. This photo is from our old kitchen.

O.J., our tabby, is 13 years old and is the best behaved cat ever. Jupiter, our Norwegian Forest Cat, is 11 years old, and is our wild child. He is shown here not long after getting his big summer haircut. Jupiter had a big health scare this year, as he has developed feline asthma, but we're getting it under control.

SLAG 01-24-2007 10:57 PM

New addition to our pet family

GeeGee

http://chillplace.net/coppermine/alb...l_DSCF0269.JPG

http://chillplace.net/coppermine/alb...l_DSCF0265.JPG

http://chillplace.net/coppermine/alb...l_DSCF0264.JPG

FAX 01-24-2007 11:01 PM

Is little GeeGee sick, Mr. SLAG?

FAX

SLAG 01-24-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Is little GeeGee sick, Mr. SLAG?

FAX

Yes and No,

Sad story this dog... it was my grandparents.. dog.. but my grandma has been battleing cancer and other problems such as chronic pneumonia, and gangrene in her foot and had to be amputated... she is doing well and is getting better but its a very up and down thing with her health.. my poor grandpa has been toting this dog back and forth between newton and topeka... when he is at the hospital she has just been stuck in the taxi all day long.

anyway..

finally they asked if someone could take care of it because of the whole situation and i reluctantly agreed as i dont want to take my grandpa's dog away from him.

anyway..

we got her late last night and her hair was all matted really really back... we took her to get cleaned up and they said she might have a small hernia... she is enjoying her new found freedom in my house with no carpet... yet still depressed from leaving my grandpa..

FAX 01-24-2007 11:13 PM

Dang. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandparents, Mr. SLAG. This is a tough situation.

I think you did the right thing by taking in GeeGee though. In the last picture I noticed that she looks a little sad or something. I interpreted it as a possible illness. But, it's probably from missing our grandfather.

Dang, man. Chin up.

FAX

Bugeater 01-24-2007 11:18 PM

Damn, my mom has the exact same flooring in her kitchen.

Bugeater 01-24-2007 11:20 PM

Oh, and sorry to hear that about Grams. I almost missed that after being stunned by that linoleum.

Frazod 01-25-2007 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's an updated picture of Starbuck, who has doubled in size since we first got her a little over a month ago.

She's currently sitting on my shoulder, which is one of her favorite spots.

ck_IN 01-25-2007 08:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is Charlie. She was found by our vet running loose.

Our cocker had just died and the wife had went to the vet to tie up some lose ends. The vet mentioned Charlie and asked my wife if she'd like to see her. That afternoon I got a call asking if I wanted a dog at which point I knew my seeing the dog was just a formality.

At any rate she's the sweetest dog I've ever had. This pic is her in her favourite chair keeping an eye on the neighborhood.

cadmonkey 01-25-2007 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is me and my pup, Cody, when he was about 3 months old........

cadmonkey 01-25-2007 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
....and this is us about 4 months ago...........

Lzen 01-25-2007 10:01 AM

Damn, I was about to make fun of SLAG's manliness because he got a chick dog. But he had to go and post that story. Sorry to hear about that, man. You did the right thing. :thumb:

I posted this pic in my thread about Boxer dogs, but I might as well post it over here, too. Here's Arrow from the other day.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attac...id=65104&stc=1

Radar Chief 01-25-2007 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Me, Mini-me and Phoebe the Jeep Dog, just chill'n.

Lzen 01-25-2007 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my cat, K.C. She has pretty much lived in the basement or upstairs in my bedroom since we brought Arrow home.

steelyeyed57 01-25-2007 11:22 AM

My Bassett Hound

1 Attachment(s)
Ophelia. She'll be 2 years old in July.

Radar Chief 01-25-2007 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelyeyed57
Ophelia. She'll be 2 years old in July.

Heh, Ophelia. That’s a good name for a basset. :thumb:

Lzen 01-25-2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ck_IN
This is Charlie. She was found by our vet running loose.

Our cocker had just died and the wife had went to the vet to tie up some lose ends. The vet mentioned Charlie and asked my wife if she'd like to see her. That afternoon I got a call asking if I wanted a dog at which point I knew my seeing the dog was just a formality.

At any rate she's the sweetest dog I've ever had. This pic is her in her favourite chair keeping an eye on the neighborhood.

She's adorable. What kind of dog is that? She looks like some kind of long haired doberman.

memyselfI 01-25-2007 08:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my baby...

I have two other pets but she's the apple of my eye.

bogie 01-25-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69
well, I was doing pretty good until I read this. sorry for you loss. I havent had a pet for a few years, but the last one I had was an australian shepherd for 17 years. She was the best dog I ever had and we lost her in 2002. God has it been four years? We picked her up when in the late summer, before I started 6th grade. All that time, all that life and memories we shared. I would rush home from school and spend the afternoon and weekends with her chasing rabbits in the field and brush. My parents have about 100 acres along with all the neighbors land that I had permission to be on, so it was about a two mile wide by three mile long tract of land. Forests, ponds, prairie grass....great opportunities and endless summers.

I would take her out to hunt mice and rats. I would just stand and watch her track down the next mouse. She would stand there, cock her head to the left and right listening. All I could hear was a slight wind, a meadowlark here and there....but she was picking up on what was underground. All of a sudden she would leap into the air and pounce on the grass, digging furiously into the ground. Yipping and growling she would stick her muzzle into the mouse hole, with deep inhales she would be infused with the mouse presence in that hole. Sometimes I would help her dig out that hole and pull out the mouse nest.

All winter long, through ice and snow, days were spent sledding and chasing dreams of summer. She was the most loyal dog I had and friend I have ever had. She would always be waiting for me when I stepped off the bus and was confused when I started driving to school, but would still be waiting for me at the garage when I returned.

The years seemed to flash by after graduation and my days were spent working long hours. She seemed to realize that our times were cut short. But yet she was always ready to go run, fish, play catch or frisbee.

Then when I moved out it really took the toll. My apartment wouldnt allow dogs and mom had grown attached to her so she stayed at home. But she still wouldnt sleep or eat much until I was around.

She suffered a stroke/heart attack around Christmas in 2001. She just wasnt the same after that happened, which most pets/people arent. Whenever I came around she would perk right up though and would ignore whatever pain she was in just to spend time with me. I knew it wouldnt be too long though, because mom said when I would leave she would just go back over to the fireplace and sleep.

Mom catered to her needs as best she could, but in 2002 when I was having a real shitty day at work I received a call. Mom said she took her over to the vet because she wasnt moving. Her eyes would be looking around the room, but she couldnt move her body. The vet said she suffered another stroke that was worse than the first one. She wouldnt be coming back from this one and had to put her to sleep. I couldnt be there. I should have been there to hold her paw when she left this world, but everything happened so fast and from what the vet and mom said she was suffering. So they put her to sleep.

They buried her in the backyard, near the barn where we spent time and time again...a boy and his dog...linked in memories, never to be replaced, never forgotten, and forever cherished.

Great post. Great story. It made me cry, I can relate, I hope you're not BSing.

Lzen 01-28-2007 10:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My latest addition. This is Sophie.

pr_capone 01-28-2007 10:25 PM

Sophie is very cute!

Redrum_69 01-29-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogie
Great post. Great story. It made me cry, I can relate, I hope you're not BSing.

I'd never bullshit anyone when it comes to my best friend.

Chief Pote 01-29-2007 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, alright......I've seen all the others and they're cute. BUT wait till you see our little one.

Chief Pote 01-29-2007 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
She was wearing her favorite collar this day. Don't make fun of her.