ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jared Allen wants to be traded (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158778)

Bwana 02-25-2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman
Dead Al is an idiot, no doubt, but even he isn't going to give up the #1 overall, along with the 65th pick for Allen.

Exactly, but I would love it if he did. Even Carl couldn't scew up the #1 pick in the draft, errrr, at least until it came time to sign the guy. :spock:

Direckshun 02-25-2007 10:48 AM

THIS IS BULLSHIT.

ALLEN IS THE LAST GUY THIS TEAM SHOULD LOSE.

I swear to god, if Carl screws the pooch here, I will whole-heartedly support his firing.

Edit: In case I was too subtle there: WE CAN'T LOSE JARED ALLEN.

Nzoner 02-25-2007 10:48 AM

Like Bwana I can't believe I'm siding with Carl on this one but in this instance I say hold your ground.

I just don't get in this day and age of the money these guys make what the hell is the problem with renting a limo or at least calling a cab.

StcChief 02-25-2007 10:53 AM

Carl needs to stand up to Allen.

Allen needs to cleanup his act and play very good DE.

Make the Probowl next year and then you can stick out you hand for a good contract.

Anyong Bluth 02-25-2007 11:02 AM

Hell, you know all those hangers on "friends" that pal it up with you once you made it to the NFL. The ones that mill around your house, playing your X-box and sleeping on your couch- make one of them drive.

If you're gonna have an entourage, at least assign them marginal tasks to take care of, such as getting you home so you don't flush 1/4 of your paycheck down the toilet like a sodded turd!

Wile_E_Coyote 02-25-2007 11:24 AM

Allen is being a meat head. He is prolly one screw up away from a year's supension & wants boo coo bucks. Hell Peterson could write the contract up to were Jared can't ride horses in the off season. A case of the rube meets the devil

trndobrd 02-25-2007 11:30 AM

It sounds like Allen's agent isn't doing a very good job of explaining the process to his client.

LiL stumppy 02-25-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR
Why is Carl the bad guy here?

Allen is being a greedy drunk dumbass by seriously thinking he's worth top dollar on the Chiefs defense after his questionable off the field actions. I completely agree with the Whitlock article. Carl has nothing but tough decisions ahead. A tag is the right thing to do... at least we get compensation and that alone will probably scare most teams away.

For one thing, we all know he is worth more money than he is getting. Maybe not as much as he wants,but alot more. He has been one of our top D players, and sometimes you have to shell out some money for those kind of players. He still young and has alot of years in him. Give him the contract.

Mr. Laz 02-25-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiL stumpy
For one thing, we all know he is worth more money than he is getting. Maybe not as much as he wants,but alot more. He has been one of our top D players, and sometimes you have to shell out some money for those kind of players. He still young and has alot of years in him. Give him the contract.

we don't even know what Allen is asking for .......

what if Jared Allen wants to be the highest paid DE in the league ........ would you still be saying the same?

acesn8s 02-25-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief
If Allen leaves I'm finding a new team to root for. This is just absolute ****in bullshit. I'm tired of all of Carl's bullshit when it comes to personell and the lack of ability to lead this franchise to a SuperBowl. Carl is the reason why we havent done shit in the postseason since 1994. If he signs with another team then that's it I'm done. It's just that ****ing simple.

BYE

LiL stumppy 02-25-2007 11:42 AM

I clearly said he does't deserve as much as hes asking. I think he needs more than he was getting the previous years. He deserves a better contract IMO.

the Talking Can 02-25-2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd
It sounds like Allen's agent isn't doing a very good job of explaining the process to his client.

well, one thing is certain....CP will call your bluff, he sure as hell isn't intimidated by agents....the one positive to being a self-centered, arrogant, douchebag.....

dirk digler 02-25-2007 11:44 AM

I like Jared alot but he needs to shut his mouth and prove that he can stay sober and out of trouble for a year before the Chiefs should give him a big money contract.

Good for Carl for sticking to his guns

cmh6476 02-25-2007 11:44 AM

patrick kerney anybody? :shrug:

NaptownChief 02-25-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
I like Jared alot but he needs to shut his mouth and prove that he can stay sober and out of trouble for a year before the Chiefs should give him a big money contract.

Only time Peterson "sticks to his guns" is when he has leverage on a player due to their draft rights or they are restricted. He always plays the role of the big heavy with those guys but the moment a player is a free agent he gets abused like a $2 whore on a Navy ship.

Carl needs to shut his mouth a build a team that guys want to play for.

Extra Point 02-25-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler

I'll drink to that, but give me a few minutes.

acesn8s 02-25-2007 11:57 AM

Don't you think that Jared is trying to get someone to pay him more to offset the money he loses for the 4 games? If he can get it (and he won't) he should go for it. His payday will come a the end of his contract.

dj56dt58 02-25-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point
I'll drink to that, but give me a few minutes.

Jared...is that you? Rent a limo this time mother****er

Thig Lyfe 02-25-2007 12:01 PM

This kinda sucks.

FringeNC 02-25-2007 12:22 PM

I'd pay Allen before I'd pay LJ.

kc rush 02-25-2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement
Hell, you know all those hangers on "friends" that pal it up with you once you made it to the NFL. The ones that mill around your house, playing your X-box and sleeping on your couch- make one of them drive.

If you're gonna have an entourage, at least assign them marginal tasks to take care of, such as getting you home so you don't flush 1/4 of your paycheck down the toilet like a sodded turd!

Amen to that.

Jarred is a good player and will get paid more than he is making now. It may be by the Chiefs, or by another team. The Chiefs are in the drivers seat though because they can offer less than he would be worth under normal circumstances or get some great draft positions.

Jarred's best bet would be to see if he can find a team willing to pay his price and take that offer. If that doesn't happen get a nice raise from the Chiefs on a short contract, stay clean and get a huge contract in a couple of years.

CoMoChief 02-25-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476
patrick kerney anybody? :shrug:

Isn't he like 52 yrs old?

The Bad Guy 02-25-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun
THIS IS BULLSHIT.

I swear to god, if Carl screws the pooch here, I will whole-heartedly support his firing.

I like Jared Allen a lot. I really do.

But both him and his agent are ****ing idiots.

Why does he think CP is going to open up the piggy bank now for him after his 2nd DUI?

I fully support CP on this one.

Archie Bunker 02-25-2007 12:43 PM

This is where Carl needs to be the tough SOB he claims to be. If a team wants to give the Chiefs a couple of much needed picks for a guy 1 strike away from a year vacation, take the deal.

Put Tamba at one DE, Wilkerson at the other, and pray some DTs pan out.

Hootie 02-25-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding
Is it possible that Jared Allen was only good because of your secondary?

Watch a Chiefs game, and then you can answer this question.

KrazyKorean4 02-25-2007 12:55 PM

Well, if we do trade him, at least we'll get a few more picks out of it. But I'd rather have him.

Hootie 02-25-2007 12:57 PM

Wilkerson wouldn't work at DE with Tamba...we'd need to draft a fast pass rushing DE if we get rid of Allen...I like Wilkerson, he has a good motor and played very well this year, but Tamba and Wilkerson as our DE's isn't exactly a fierce pass rushing duo...

FDS 02-25-2007 12:58 PM

Remind Carl of your long snapping prowess. The money will be in the bank by morning.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

kc rush 02-25-2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie
Wilkerson wouldn't work at DE with Tamba...we'd need to draft a fast pass rushing DE if we get rid of Allen...I like Wilkerson, he has a good motor and played very well this year, but Tamba and Wilkerson as our DE's isn't exactly a fierce pass rushing duo...

If we sign Allen to a big deal, there wont be enough money left over to re-sign Huard.

MVP MVP MVP

Rausch 02-25-2007 01:05 PM

I can understand the Chiefs not wanting to drop big money on a guy with off the field problems.

I can also understand that it's ****ing stupid if you don't find some way to retain your most productive player on defense the last three years...

FringeNC 02-25-2007 01:12 PM

Here's what Football Outsiders said about Jared Allen:

"Jared Allen had a Bruce Smith-like season last year. The combination of an ability to rush the passer and an ability to stop the run is what made Smith so special, and that's who Allen most resembles. Sure, it sounds ridiculous to compare the little-known Allen, a 24-year-old from Idaho State, to one of the all-time greats. But he earned it last season."

I don't know how much you pay Jared Allen, but I think he is more valuable to this team than Larry Johnson. Our offense was better with Priest Holmes than Larry Johnson (and I am talking about comparing both playing behind Roaf).

Chiefs Pantalones 02-25-2007 01:15 PM

I think we'll get him back, Rauch.

No one is going to give up a 1st and 3rd for him. The Chiefs tendering him is just a way to hold on to him because the negotiations are going to go on longer than expected.

Hootie 02-25-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC
Here's what Football Outsiders said about Jared Allen:

"Jared Allen had a Bruce Smith-like season last year. The combination of an ability to rush the passer and an ability to stop the run is what made Smith so special, and that's who Allen most resembles. Sure, it sounds ridiculous to compare the little-known Allen, a 24-year-old from Idaho State, to one of the all-time greats. But he earned it last season."

I don't know how much you pay Jared Allen, but I think he is more valuable to this team than Larry Johnson. Our offense was better with Priest Holmes than Larry Johnson (and I am talking about comparing both playing behind Roaf).

I'll agree that Jared Allen is our most valuable player.

I won't agree that Holmes was EVER better than LJ. I won't disagree, but I'm not going to agree, either. Holmes ran behind our line when we had Tait and a healthier Roaf...in 2004 LJ outperformed Holmes, in 2005 LJ outperformed Holmes, and in 2006 we didn't even have Holmes.

FringeNC 02-25-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie
I'll agree that Jared Allen is our most valuable player.

I won't agree that Holmes was EVER better than LJ. I won't disagree, but I'm not going to agree, either. Holmes ran behind our line when we had Tait and a healthier Roaf...in 2004 LJ outperformed Holmes, in 2005 LJ outperformed Holmes, and in 2006 we didn't even have Holmes.

No doubt LJ is a better pure runner. He is a liability in the passing game. Holmes was great. Pure running ability, not even close. Better all-around player -- Holmes.

Direckshun 02-25-2007 01:23 PM

I just keep thinking about this and thinking about this.

Jared Allen & the Chiefs are a match made in Heaven. Both sides want to be together, and both sides have so much to gain from it.

I don't know how they'll do it, but they need to make this work.

Mecca 02-25-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder
I think we'll get him back, Rauch.

No one is going to give up a 1st and 3rd for him. The Chiefs tendering him is just a way to hold on to him because the negotiations are going to go on longer than expected.

What if he refuses to play for the tender.....guys have done that before. If he really wants to play hardball with the Chiefs he can pull that.

Mecca 02-25-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

I just keep thinking about this and thinking about this.

Jared Allen & the Chiefs are a match made in Heaven. Both sides want to be together, and both sides have so much to gain from it.

I don't know how they'll do it, but they need to make this work.

The only person Jared Allen has to blame for this is himself......and then he goes public and blames the Chiefs for it. The guy is like a big 13 year old that doesn't understand how his own choices put him in this spot.

Brock 02-25-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
What if he refuses to play for the tender.....guys have done that before. If he really wants to play hardball with the Chiefs he can pull that.

He's already going to be out 4 games and game checks. He has zero leverage.

Mecca 02-25-2007 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
He's already going to be out 4 games and game checks. He has zero leverage.

That's almost why I'd put more weight into him doing it. He could easily think well I'm getting suspended anyway how about I just hardball them at the same time.

Bwana 02-25-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

That's almost why I'd put more weight into him doing it. He could easily think well I'm getting suspended anyway how about I just hardball them at the same time.

Let him do what he has to do. Screw being held hostage by some spoiled dipshit that refuses to grow the **** up. Allen has no one to blame but Allen. He has two DUI's, if he sits out a season right after that, what do you think his value would be in the NFL next year?

Hey Allen, stfd, stfu, stay off the Maddog 20/20 and learn to take a cab dumbass. :shake:

BWillie 02-25-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

What's he going to do hold out? He's probably already out for 4 games anyway. What is another couple? If he holds out entire season, what he is worth with off the field problems, and his hold out. He won't be worth near as much after next season to other teams if he doesn't play. They will think he's a headcase, and he'll lose millions.

RealSNR 02-25-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

THIS IS BULLSHIT.

And why can't we? We would receive FIRST ROUND compensation, plus a 3rd rounder if everything goes well. What's not to love about this situation?

This is just more Carl hate. I diagree with his management style too, but now is the time more than ever when Carl need to play tough SOB negotiator.

I know why you're pissed off. Carl does a shitty job of dealing with the public. He looks like an ass when he says stuff like Jared is "asking for too much money." But it's the truth, and it would hurt our team to give in to a crybaby drunk, no matter how hard-working and talented he is.

Let the situation unfold. He's either going to stay in KC at a price that doesn't break the bank or we'll get buttloads of compensation, which I think is more appetizing than keeping Jared around and having to replace him when he serves his game suspensions.

sedated 02-25-2007 02:28 PM

the chances of seeing JA in another uniform soon are about as good as seeing Priest in a Chiefs uniform again.

L.A. Chieffan 02-25-2007 02:30 PM

PAY HIM, pay that man his money!

BULLSHIT!!!!
Who gives a shit about his DUI's? This is horrible if we get rid of him.

kcfanXIII 02-25-2007 02:34 PM

are you sure glass isn't running the chiefs now? sounds like a move he'd make.

noa 02-25-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan
PAY HIM, pay that man his money!

BULLSHIT!!!!
Who gives a shit about his DUI's? This is horrible if we get rid of him.

I would give a shit if we paid him a ton of money and then he got busted again and had to sit out an entire season.

Halfcan 02-25-2007 02:53 PM

A 1st and third would be sweet.

L.A. Chieffan 02-25-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa949
I would give a shit if we paid him a ton of money and then he got busted again and had to sit out an entire season.

Seriously what does it matter? How much money have we wasted on players that are total utter failures and busts and hacks and losers that end up being laughed out of the league, and now we have a diamond in the rough and we're gonna let him leave so we can put in some other chump. no thanks

Lzen 02-25-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
...And well, if we got a first and a third for him, I'd probably be ok with that anyway. I don't want to lose the guy but that's a pretty attractive package.

That's the way I feel. People are acting like Carl is screwing up. That is not the case here. He is being wise. What happens if we sign Allen long term and then he gets his 3rd offense? Then he's being paid but not able to play for the Chiefs. Then we're really screwed.

L.A. Chieffan 02-25-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
That's the way I feel. People are acting like Carl is screwing up. That is not the case here. He is being wise. What happens if we sign Allen long term and then he gets his 3rd offense? Then he's being paid but not able to play for the Chiefs. Then we're really screwed.

What happens when those 1st and 3rd rounders end up being Siavii and Warfield all over again?

el borracho 02-25-2007 03:37 PM

Siavii = 2nd round pick
Warfield = 7th round pick

FloridaMan88 02-25-2007 03:39 PM

I hate Carl just as much as the next guy, but I am on the Chiefs side on this one.

First of all I question Allen's current state of mind considering he has just spent time in jail (granted it was a short amount of time but still jail is jail). Secondly the Chiefs have been burnt in the past giving big contracts to defensive guys who have showed nice promise but haven't demonstrated they can be consistent Pro Bowl-caliber players (i.e. Warfield, Wesley, Hicks).

RealSNR 02-25-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

What happens when those 1st and 3rd rounders end up being Siavii and Warfield all over again?

That kind of thinking is exactly the reason why the Chiefs are too old on offense and have a few free agent turds leftover on defense that need to be removed.

One bright side to Herm is that he is a former scout and is great at drafting. It's doubtful that those picks would go to waste.

L.A. Chieffan 02-25-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
Siavii = 2nd round pick
Warfield = 7th round pick

Siavii was OUR first pick in that draft. Fine take Warfield off, shall I list the amount of draft failures we've had in the 1st and 2 rounds in the past 10 years? It would be pretty ugly.

L.A. Chieffan 02-25-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR
It's doubtful that those picks would go to waste.

Now we're assuming that we HOPE it works out, whereas Allen is a sure thing.

el borracho 02-25-2007 03:43 PM

Just for reference:

1st round = Hali
3rd round = Croyle

1st round =D. Johnson
3rd round = Colquitt

L.A. Chieffan 02-25-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Just for reference:

1st round = Hali
3rd round = Croyle

1st round =D. Johnson
3rd round = Colquitt

Who is this Croyle person? Isn't a Colquitt a punter. That's how bad are drafts have become we have to detail the success's of a punter?

SPchief 02-25-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Now we're assuming that we HOPE it works out, whereas Allen is a sure thing.

Allen isn't a sure thing.

KCfanfromNC 02-25-2007 03:48 PM

I love Jared Allen and want him to stay, but if we get a 1st and a 3rd for him, I think that's a no brainer as old as our team is.

el borracho 02-25-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Who is this Croyle person? Isn't a Colquitt a punter. That's how bad are drafts have become we have to detail the success's of a punter?

What are you so upset about? Most likely no one will offer so much for J. Allen and he returns to the Chiefs, eager to prove he deserves the big bucks.

el borracho 02-25-2007 03:55 PM

Oh, to answer your questions, Croyle is a legit candidate for QB of the future and Colquitt is one of the better punters in the league.

L.A. Chieffan 02-25-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief
Allen isn't a sure thing.

The best player on our defense the past two years and one of the top DE's in the league, I wonder what does make a sure thing?

L.A. Chieffan 02-25-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCfanfromNC
I love Jared Allen and want him to stay, but if we get a 1st and a 3rd for him, I think that's a no brainer as old as our team is.

You know we could get rid of DJ and Tamba too while we're at it. I bet there are some teams willing to give us a couple of high rounders for them as well.

L.A. Chieffan 02-25-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

What are you so upset about? Most likely no one will offer so much for J. Allen and he returns to the Chiefs, eager to prove he deserves the big bucks.

You're probably right but it's just the notion that most people here are so quick to dismiss one of the best players we got like it's nothing and can be easily replaced. I hope you're right.

KCfanfromNC 02-25-2007 03:58 PM

DJ and Tamba haven't requested to be traded

L.A. Chieffan 02-25-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCfanfromNC
DJ and Tamba haven't requested to be traded

Screw em, we need to get younger.

KCfanfromNC 02-25-2007 04:02 PM

Good point...

greg63 02-25-2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Mac
Its well known that Allen grew up as a hardcore Raider fan and had always dreamed of being a Raider.
I would take the Raiders 1st and 3rd for him in a heartbeat.

It would be a whole lot better then what we'd get at the 23 spot.

Eleazar 02-25-2007 04:24 PM

It would suck to lose one of the few young, productive players we have on D, but a first and a third? The broncos paid about that or less than that for Champ Bailey, I think.

5 first day picks, including 2 first rounders, and saving the cap room he would have taken up on a huge contract... that's not so bad.

Mecca 02-25-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

The best player on our defense the past two years and one of the top DE's in the league, I wonder what does make a sure thing?

He's not a sure thing because one more **** up and he's sitting out for an entire season.....Jared Allen has no one to blame but himself for all of this.

Rain Man 02-25-2007 04:51 PM

Findings and conclusions:

1. Allen would be a lot richer if he didn't drink and drive.

2. Allen knows nothing about negotiating if he wants a new deal right after getting out of jail and right before serving a suspension for one-fourth of the season.

3. No one will pay a 1st and a 3rd for him, so he'll be back, and he'll play well and mature so he can get a good contract next year.

NaptownChief 02-25-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy
I like Jared Allen a lot. I really do.

But both him and his agent are ****ing idiots.

Why does he think CP is going to open up the piggy bank now for him after his 2nd DUI?

I fully support CP on this one.

He had no trouble opening up the wallet and grossly overpaying for a turd like Warfield who had a DUI or two at the time. Why shouldn't his agent expect him to do it for a guy who is actually good?

GoHuge 02-25-2007 06:00 PM

Look at the current Jared Allen, Carl Peterson, Kansas City Chiefs situation in real world terms (other than in professional sports).

Could you imagine being a fly on the wall or watching the current situation unfold in a normal job..... an employee fresh out of jail from his second DUI in the last year walks into his boss's office and says something to him along the lines of "I want a big raise and I want you to build this business around me starting next year. Now I'm not going to be available for a 1/4 of the year next year because our industry is going to suspend me because of my multiple fuck ups (in the three years I've been here). I don't have any intentions of changing the way I conduct myself or at least I haven't done anything to make you think I've received my wake up call. I will probably do it again and if I keep up with my current trend it will be within the next couple of years. Next time I will be suspended for a substantially longer period of time from the industry and face a year in prison because it is just too hard not to drive when I'm drunk. Also being a very popular well-known millionaire it is just too hard to get somebody that cares about what I do for a living in KC to drive for me, oh and at that point I will also be a convicted felon. My entire life I've made the wrong decisions in life, since you hired me I've continued to make the wrong decisions, and now I'm doing them more often than I use to. With all that being said, I'd now like you to give me a long term contract and I'd like to finish out my career with your company. If you don't do it than I'd like you to release me from my current contract and let me go my own way. I know everybody told you I was a social fuck up, yes I've proved them right, and I know you took a chance on me, but I'm better at my job than you thought I was gonna be." All while keeping a straight face LMAO

Only in the NFL with the Chiefs and Carl.

Hammock Parties 02-25-2007 06:34 PM

I hope Gunther works Allen's ass off in training camp this year. Just beat the shit out of him and ride him as hard as possible. Bitch.

htismaqe 02-25-2007 06:40 PM

If there was EVER a time Carl should tell someone to STFU and STFD, that time is NOW.

Jared Allen, sit on down...

Joe Seahawk 02-25-2007 06:46 PM

DJ Hackett for Jared Allen..

Personally, I wouldn't do it but it does sort of make sense for both teams..

tommykat 02-25-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Findings and conclusions:

1. Allen would be a lot richer if he didn't drink and drive.

2. Allen knows nothing about negotiating if he wants a new deal right after getting out of jail and right before serving a suspension for one-fourth of the season.

3. No one will pay a 1st and a 3rd for him, so he'll be back, and he'll play well and mature so he can get a good contract next year.

As I read all this? :shake:

However, Rain Man you tend to be right most of the time. I hope so with this one.

Hammock Parties 02-25-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Seahawk
DJ Hackett for Jared Allen..

Personally, I wouldn't do it but it does sort of make sense for both teams..

How so? The Chiefs need a #1, and I'm not even sure Hackett is a #2.

Easy 6 02-25-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
I hope Gunther works Allen's ass off in training camp this year. Just beat the shit out of him and ride him as hard as possible. Bitch.

An honest to goodness... LMAO

ChiefFan31 02-25-2007 07:09 PM

I only make it to page 3, so I haven't read all the posts...

But, Jared Allen has no one to blame but himself for being in this situation. If he didn't get that second DUI, he would be in a much better bargaining position. Hell, Carl would throw out better numbers. But the guy is fresh out of jail and looking at a suspension. No other team is going to offer and first and a third for that. If they do, then we will gladly take it.

I'm not upset by this, I would prefer he kept his mouth shut, but all this is, is player/agent posturing. Nothing more.

He has landed himself in the position to accept the one year tender, play his ass off and stay out of trouble. Then in 08 he can get his big contract. All Jared needs to be doing right now is working out, and hiring a full-time driver.