ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games ****The OFFICIAL PS3 general discussion thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180279)

xbarretx 02-21-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 4595112)
LOL he works for them for advertising and cannot say anything even if he does know.. Its alright, when I find out info I usually put it out there.. Getting rid of the PS2 support would help imo, but they sell a assload of PS2's right now and it is pure profit for the company compared to losing their ass off with PS3.. Maybe next year or later this year you will see them ramp down on production of the PS2's..

he works for BB? or Sony?

as for the ps2 part....thats my point... there selling like hotcakes...and ps3 i losing per console sold however... to make consoles profitable they need high rates of attachment (i.e. the avg user buys 5 games with the system) IMHO if they would stop the ps2, concentrate on the ps3 only...they can turn it profitable much faster. but maybe im crazy :doh!:

TinyEvel 02-21-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4594267)
so the two games i got ATM are COD4 and Genji. anyone recommend anything? i wish some good RPG's were out for it but i have to wait for FFXiii i guess. what about DMC or Drakes fortune? (sp?) maybe even burnout??? throw me a fricken bone here ;)

Drakes is the most popular story-based game that's new. It's friggen amazing graphics and AI. It's kind of a RPG and shooter combined.

xbarretx 02-21-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 4595681)
Drakes is the most popular story-based game that's new. It's friggen amazing graphics and AI. It's kind of a RPG and shooter combined.

sweet man, is it a long game (as in i wont beat it in one sitting?)?

PS3 rep for adding my to ya PSN and changing your avatar ;) !!!

Sure-Oz 02-21-2008 01:40 PM

May get the ps3 this weekend, any suggestions on what else i need for it? ps3 HDMI cable and remote?? I assume without the HDMI cable the games will look crappy on an hdtv? Does the HDMI cable effect the Blu Ray part or is that just for upconverting the games to hd.

xbarretx 02-21-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4595796)
May get the ps3 this weekend, any suggestions on what else i need for it? ps3 HDMI cable and remote?? I assume without the HDMI cable the games will look crappy on an hdtv? Does the HDMI cable effect the Blu Ray part or is that just for upconverting the games to hd.

if you have an HD tv id get a HDMI cable but... dont get an expensive one get one online for like 20 bucks at

http://monoprice.com/products/produc...seq=1&format=2

as for the remote... thats your call. i use the controller b/c im use to it. you might need an extra controller if your ever up for some 2 player gaming or a keyboard if your up for the websurfing and messaging etc.... or a usb or bluetooth headset if your into chatting while gaming...IE COD4

Sure-Oz 02-21-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4595808)
if you have an HD tv id get a HDMI cable but... dont get an expensive one get one online for like 20 bucks at

http://monoprice.com/products/produc...seq=1&format=2

as for the remote... thats your call. i use the controller b/c im use to it. you might need an extra controller if your ever up for some 2 player gaming or a keyboard if your up for the websurfing and messaging etc.... or a usb or bluetooth headset if your into chatting while gaming...IE COD4

does any HDMI cable work or do you need a specific PS3 one? My uncle has a few extra cables at his home that are 6-8 ft that i might take. yeah i may get a 2nd controller, ill likely be renting games at first, but im just excited to rent some BR movies too :)

xbarretx 02-21-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4595841)
does any HDMI cable work or do you need a specific PS3 one? My uncle has a few extra cables at his home that are 6-8 ft that i might take. yeah i may get a 2nd controller, ill likely be renting games at first, but im just excited to rent some BR movies too :)

as long as the connections are the male ones it will work. ps3 takes a regular HDMI and not anything special like old video game cables of the past. if your uncle has them they will work as long as 6 - 8 ft is enough for your tv ps3 set up (as in as long as its not across the room or something like that) then your good. i had an old mosnter hdmi that i couldnt return that i ended up using.

Sure-Oz 02-21-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4595851)
as long as the connections are the male ones it will work. ps3 takes a regular HDMI and not anything special like old video game cables of the past. if your uncle has them they will work as long as 6 - 8 ft is enough for your tv ps3 set up (as in as long as its not across the room or something like that) then your good. i had an old mosnter hdmi that i couldnt return that i ended up using.

appreciate it...so is that recommended for the gaming basically, the cable? I assume it looks worse without the HDMI

xbarretx 02-21-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4595855)
appreciate it...so is that recommended for the gaming basically, the cable? I assume it looks worse without the HDMI

if you have an HD tv (1080i 720p etc) hdmi would be a way to better utalize the technology available (your TV and ps3) as opposed to a component cables so yes :toast:

although not having one will NOT make a ps3 look like a ps1 ;) it jsut wont be using its full potential with your HD set.

Sure-Oz 02-21-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4595883)
if you have an HD tv (1080i 720p etc) hdmi would be a way to better utalize the technology available (your TV and ps3) as opposed to a component cables so yes :toast:

although not having one will NOT make a ps3 look like a ps1 ;) it jsut wont be using its full potential with your HD set.

I see...

Yeah the XBOX360 has component cables (is there better cables for that?)

My gf has a 1080p Aquos that i will be playing movies/watching it on...i personally do not have an HDTV myself but all my gaming/movie stuff is at her pad anyway.

Parents do have 3 hdtvs at their pad so im set there too hehe

xbarretx 02-21-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4595922)
I see...

Yeah the XBOX360 has component cables (is there better cables for that?)

My gf has a 1080p Aquos that i will be playing movies/watching it on...i personally do not have an HDTV myself but all my gaming/movie stuff is at her pad anyway.

Parents do have 3 hdtvs at their pad so im set there too hehe

well, does your 360 have HDMI in the back? if so yes. if not the only upg would be to try and find better components to use. if you get a ps3 you'll forget about 360 for a while. its a whole different experience. and no im not anti 360...that was my first next gen system. i use to swear i would never get a ps3 but alas i have turned to the dark side

http://www.creativescreenwriting.com...e%20(300w).jpg

biggunns 02-21-2008 03:12 PM

:mad:Dose anybody think unions SUCK....UAW....I do....my place of employment is a shit hole since the union showed up here....they are taking a strike vote...today!!!! WHAT THE HELL WILL THAT SOLVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sure-Oz 02-21-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4595940)
well, does your 360 have HDMI in the back? if so yes. if not the only upg would be to try and find better components to use. if you get a ps3 you'll forget about 360 for a while. its a whole different experience. and no im not anti 360...that was my first next gen system. i use to swear i would never get a ps3 but alas i have turned to the dark side

Ahh gotcha, and i don't think it does to be honest, but i'll check. I am going to nebraska furniture mart sunday possibly to get the ps3, they have a zero interest for 18 mo's sale and i can use the card for that, rather than blow most my paycheck! stoked! :)

xbarretx 02-21-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4596142)
Ahh gotcha, and i don't think it does to be honest, but i'll check. I am going to nebraska furniture mart sunday possibly to get the ps3, they have a zero interest for 18 mo's sale and i can use the card for that, rather than blow most my paycheck! stoked! :)

remember the 40 gig has wireless too (i only mention that b/c they dont advertise it on the initial overview so dont be tricked into getting a 80 just for that), and yeah the NFM deal is good ;) GL man

Eleazar 02-21-2008 04:59 PM

If you're looking for some games to demo or something - IGN's top rated PS3 games:

Rated 9/10 or better:

Rock band - 9.4
Call of Duty 4 - 9.4
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - 9.4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 9.3
Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion - 9.2
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 9.1
Resistance: Fall of man - 9.1
Unreal Tournament III - 9.0
Devil May Cry 4 - 9.0
Folklore - 9.0
Motorstorm - 9.0

8.5-9.0:
Burnout Paradise - 8.9
Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock - 8.9
Sega Rally Revo - 8.8
Skate - 8.8
Warhawk - 8.8
Virtua Fighter 5 - 8.8
NBA Street Homecourt - 8.8
Rainbow Six: Vegas - 8.7
NHL 08 - 8.6
NHL 2K7 - 8.6
Tiger Woods 08 - 8.5

kcxiv 02-21-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4595940)

There is no Dark side. I am getting a ps3 and keeping my 360. There's no way in hell am i going to part with my xbox right now. With games like GoW2 coming out. down the road with Bioshock 2 and with Prizefighter coming out. No way. There's no reason why you cant enjoy 2 consoles if you can afford them.

If your a gamer you dont care what system comes out on top as long as there is fun games to play.

Time's Yours 02-21-2008 07:00 PM

Does anybody else have linux installed yet?

I have Ubuntu on mine. It's pretty sweet.

Buck 02-21-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillip (Post 4596327)
Does anybody else have linux installed yet?

I have Ubuntu on mine. It's pretty sweet.

I was thinking about it, but I am teh sux0rz when it comes to Linux, so Ubuntu scares me.

Does the PS3 support all if the Distrobutions?

I sorta liked Mepis it was damn easy.

Sure-Oz 02-21-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4596169)
remember the 40 gig has wireless too (i only mention that b/c they dont advertise it on the initial overview so dont be tricked into getting a 80 just for that), and yeah the NFM deal is good ;) GL man

Will keep that in mind, so you think i shouldn't even bother paying the extra $100 for the 80gig if i can afford to? I mean what more would an 80 gig version have besides backwards compatibility. Supposedly it is discontinued but heard some stores still carry it. I still am leaning towards the $399 40gig vers anyway.

xbarretx 02-21-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4596300)
There is no Dark side. I am getting a ps3 and keeping my 360. There's no way in hell am i going to part with my xbox right now. With games like GoW2 coming out. down the road with Bioshock 2 and with Prizefighter coming out. No way. There's no reason why you cant enjoy 2 consoles if you can afford them.

If your a gamer you dont care what system comes out on top as long as there is fun games to play.

i agree, however my dark side refrence was meant as "tongue in cheek" i have both as well. I pray for a bioshock 2 and yes Gears 2 in November. i have had my 360 since launch and its never failed *knock on wood* and its great.

as for the 2 consoles...sony was slow in getting some really awesome titles that say i must have a ps3! there changing that and continuing to improve week by week. initially its not money it was cost benefit ratio. why pay the 600 bucks if there were no games i wanted? now that tune has changed.

go 360 and go PS3!

xbarretx 02-21-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4596656)
Will keep that in mind, so you think i shouldn't even bother paying the extra $100 for the 80gig if i can afford to? I mean what more would an 80 gig version have besides backwards compatibility. Supposedly it is discontinued but heard some stores still carry it. I still am leaning towards the $399 40gig vers anyway.

thats your call bro, i stil lahve my ps2 and im workign on moving forward into ps3's-ville so the backwards compatability wasnt a huge issue. :) just getting a ps3 will make you happy regardless of the version ;)

Eleazar 02-21-2008 11:03 PM

Yellow Dog linux is the one that's officially supported I think for high definition. But I've seen pictures on the net of ubuntu or fedora running on it.

I'd do it, but I don't have a keyboard or mouse or anything, so I'm not sure what good it would do other than satisfying curiousity.

xbarretx 02-22-2008 12:42 AM

Cro and Tiny,

thanks for the games and pt's :)

i need a headset bad.

also eventually ill shake my COD4 noob status :doh!:

the one game where we won kicked :cuss: :clap:

Sure-Oz 02-22-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4596688)
thats your call bro, i stil lahve my ps2 and im workign on moving forward into ps3's-ville so the backwards compatability wasnt a huge issue. :) just getting a ps3 will make you happy regardless of the version ;)

w3rd...either way sunday is ps3 day for me:D

Buck 02-22-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4596793)
Cro and Tiny,

thanks for the games and pt's :)

i need a headset bad.

also eventually ill shake my COD4 noob status :doh!:

the one game where we won kicked :cuss: :clap:

I've been trying to shake my n00b status for weeks, I suck, but its a damn fun game.

I've never won a Free For All, and the closest I have come is 2nd (once) and 3rd like 5 times.

So, I need to get better too, but yeah you need a headset, you too Tiny

xbarretx 02-22-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cro (Post 4596811)
I've been trying to shake my n00b status for weeks, I suck, but its a damn fun game.

I've never won a Free For All, and the closest I have come is 2nd (once) and 3rd like 5 times.

any recomendations for a HS? i saw a BT (bluetooth) one but it was like 80 or 90 bucks :deevee:

TinyEvel 02-22-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cro (Post 4596811)

Yeah, I have a Motorola, I can't find the friggen charger! I have a Jabra one, too and have the charger, but can;t find the friggen device! LOL.

Now that there's more of you guys on, I'll have to get that thing hooked up.

The more you play this game, the better you'll get. Once you become familiar with the maps, and where everyone goes, and hides, you'll get better. I've just started trying new weapons and tactics. On smaller courses (strike, Vacant, crash) I use an MP5 with re dot sight, juggernaut, martyrdom and three frag grenades. I Rambo all over the place and stab a lot of guys. I'm getting really good at the stabbing. I die more than average but have a hella lot of kills too.

xbarretx 02-22-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 4597232)
Yeah, I have a Motorola, I can't find the friggen charger! I have a Jabra one, too and have the charger, but can;t find the friggen device! LOL.

Now that there's more of you guys on, I'll have to get that thing hooked up.

The more you play this game, the better you'll get. Once you become familiar with the maps, and where everyone goes, and hides, you'll get better. I've just started trying new weapons and tactics. On smaller courses (strike, Vacant, crash) I use an MP5 with re dot sight, juggernaut, martyrdom and three frag grenades. I Rambo all over the place and stab a lot of guys. I'm getting really good at the stabbing. I die more than average but have a hella lot of kills too.

stabbing FTW!!!!!!!

Time's Yours 02-22-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cro (Post 4596616)
I was thinking about it, but I am teh sux0rz when it comes to Linux, so Ubuntu scares me.

Does the PS3 support all if the Distrobutions?

I sorta liked Mepis it was damn easy.

Not sure, I'm new to linux myself. I chose Ubuntu because my sister uses it and there is a pretty good website for it at psubuntu.com, so I knew I'd always have help.

I really like toying with it on the big screen.

Time's Yours 02-22-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 4596701)
Yellow Dog linux is the one that's officially supported I think for high definition. But I've seen pictures on the net of ubuntu or fedora running on it.

I'd do it, but I don't have a keyboard or mouse or anything, so I'm not sure what good it would do other than satisfying curiousity.

Yeah, I don't have a fancy bluetooth keyboard or mouse either. I just found an old usb keyboard and mouse (the kind that are like $10). I have to stay pretty close to the TV that way though.

xbarretx 02-23-2008 09:26 AM

i went out and got a bluetooth....I LOVE IT! it works with my Palm Centro and its easy to hear and talk on :thumb:

so il be on later today if you guys are on :)

BigChiefFan 02-23-2008 09:41 AM

BigChiefFan is my handle on PSN as well-let's hook up for some COD 4 and other games.

xbarretx 02-23-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4598573)
BigChiefFan is my handle on PSN as well-let's hook up for some COD 4 and other games.

cool man, mines xbarretx and i already have Tiny and Cro on there :)

BigChiefFan 02-23-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4598636)
cool man, mines xbarretx and i already have Tiny and Cro on there :)

Sounds good-I'll be playing today after 1:00. Hopefully we can reek some havoc on the enemy, Chiefs planet style.

xbarretx 02-23-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4598656)
Sounds good-I'll be playing today after 1:00. Hopefully we can reek some havoc on the enemy, Chiefs planet style.

1 am or pm? obviously its past 1 am..im trying to do the quarterround in my kitchen dining room and hallway. yes it should be fun

Sure-Oz 02-24-2008 12:28 AM

Got my ps3 tonight along with a remote for it...also got a 2 year warranty $40 EXTRA AND $40 giftcard was given to me for purchasing it, tonight only! stoked to open it up tomorrow and start renting games/movies and then buying, but onto drinking more vodka

while i was there(nebraska furniture mart) talked a family into getting one as well!! w0000t

Deberg_1990 02-24-2008 12:43 AM

Id be willing to bet sales of the PS3 spiked big time this week with the announcement of the death of HD-DVD.

xbarretx 02-24-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4599431)
Got my ps3 tonight along with a remote for it...also got a 2 year warranty $40 EXTRA AND $40 giftcard was given to me for purchasing it, tonight only! stoked to open it up tomorrow and start renting games/movies and then buying, but onto drinking more vodka

while i was there(nebraska furniture mart) talked a family into getting one as well!! w0000t

nice, yeah i got the 2 year as well. i figure if im spending that much ..better safe then sorry right ;)

grats BTW! :)

Sure-Oz 02-24-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4599466)
nice, yeah i got the 2 year as well. i figure if im spending that much ..better safe then sorry right ;)

grats BTW! :)

Thanks man, i appreciate the advice all week as well! I'm excited, ive been googling ps3 stuff all morning hehe

Sure-Oz 02-24-2008 03:33 PM

Got it setup and updated the firmware, very simple and got connected to ps3online as well....now i just need some movies and games hehe...

Anyone know if you can get on the browser and view trailers off quicktimes website, hd trailers? I know on cpu's have to have quicktime installed, does that work on the ps3 to watch trailers? The ps3 online store has trailers for dl but they are old

xbarretx 02-24-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4600006)
Got it setup and updated the firmware, very simple and got connected to ps3online as well....now i just need some movies and games hehe...

Anyone know if you can get on the browser and view trailers off quicktimes website, hd trailers? I know on cpu's have to have quicktime installed, does that work on the ps3 to watch trailers? The ps3 online store has trailers for dl but they are old

not a clue bro. ive been too busy getting whipped on COD4 with Cro and Tiny :doh!:

TinyEvel 02-25-2008 03:22 PM

Im looking to buy at 65 plasma this week.

Panasonic.

http://www.monitoroutlet.com/product...FT00FQodf1oxfg

xbarretx 02-25-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 4601664)
Im looking to buy at 65 plasma this week.

Panasonic.

http://www.monitoroutlet.com/product...FT00FQodf1oxfg

eek bro, too rich for my blood. why not go for a 720p and save some cash ;)

p.s. i still wish i had that tv :toast:

TinyEvel 02-25-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4601669)
eek bro, too rich for my blood. why not go for a 720p and save some cash ;)

p.s. i still wish i had that tv :toast:

Our TV room in our new house is 21 feet long. the sectional will be at the opposite end, so 20 feet away, you need some size. I looked at DLP and it just wasn't as good.

I can get this set for $4100 on line. Less than half the original retail. The only other option is projection, I haven;t looked into it yet but that's a hella lotta wires to run across (inside) my ceiling across the upstairs floor joists

xbarretx 02-25-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 4601735)
Our TV room in our new house is 21 feet long. the sectional will be at the opposite end, so 20 feet away, you need some size. I looked at DLP and it just wasn't as good.

I can get this set for $4100 on line. Less than half the original retail. The only other option is projection, I haven;t looked into it yet but that's a hella lotta wires to run across (inside) my ceiling across the upstairs floor joists

no worries, im not hating :)

xbarretx 02-26-2008 10:57 AM

i gota usb HS that works :) so no more confusion.

Also Cro, a few days ago when you were saying "not sure if i could hear you" .. i could ;) so all is good man

Sure-Oz 02-26-2008 01:49 PM

Anyone know where you get a new HDD for a ps3 and how do you replace it? not that i need one at 40gigs yet but just for future reference.

xbarretx 02-26-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4602880)
Anyone know where you get a new HDD for a ps3 and how do you replace it? not that i need one at 40gigs yet but just for future reference.

Oz what would you do without me?

Feature: How to Swap Out and Upgrade a PS3 Hard Drive

http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps3/game...s/127009.shtml

that should help :)

it looks like you would just get a SATA laptop drive as the repl drive. also..you got a 2 year warrenty...you shouldnt have to worry about such things breaking down right? did you get the 20 gig model?

and for overkill

Storage Swap: How Gamers Can Upgrade Their PS3 Drives

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...00f5ee0a0aRCRD

Sure-Oz 02-26-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4602891)
Oz what would you do without me?

Feature: How to Swap Out and Upgrade a PS3 Hard Drive

http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps3/game...s/127009.shtml

that should help :)

it looks like you would just get a SATA laptop drive as the repl drive. also..you got a 2 year warrenty...you shouldnt have to worry about such things breaking down right? did you get the 20 gig model?

and for overkill

Storage Swap: How Gamers Can Upgrade Their PS3 Drives

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...00f5ee0a0aRCRD

No kidding bro, i should just pm you everytime with a ps3 question hehe. I appreciate the info, i always want to know whats up with something i have bought, and i may never need it. I did buy the 40gb version and a remote, so im good. Im sure i'll be on these ps3 threads alot within the next month as i get games and used to the system. :)

xbarretx 02-26-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4602988)
No kidding bro, i should just pm you everytime with a ps3 question hehe. I appreciate the info, i always want to know whats up with something i have bought, and i may never need it. I did buy the 40gb version and a remote, so im good. Im sure i'll be on these ps3 threads alot within the next month as i get games and used to the system. :)

well i dont know all but im good at finding stuff :)

and you just got lucky b/c daycares closed today so im at home watching my two baby boys

Sure-Oz 02-26-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4603055)
well i dont know all but im good at finding stuff :)

and you just got lucky b/c daycares closed today so im at home watching my two baby boys

haha thanks man, i appreciate you taking the time!

xbarretx 02-26-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4603132)
haha thanks man, i appreciate you taking the time!

all thats left is for you to get on PSN and play some COD4 with Tiny, Cro, BigRed, and myself........no pressure LMAO

xbarretx 02-26-2008 06:26 PM

Report: Metal Gear Solid 4 coming June 12 to PS3

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=164448

:clap: :clap: :clap: :hail:

and

PS3 DualShock 3 controller coming in April

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_...d=942350&img=5

ZootedGranny 02-26-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4603357)
Report: Metal Gear Solid 4 coming June 12 to PS3

And a pretty sweet bundle to coincide with the release.

I had planned to buy a PS3 for Hot Shots Golf 5 next month, but now I'll wait a bit longer.

I wish Sony would have a lower priced 40 gig bundle though. I don't care about backwards compatibility, and plan to install a larger hard drive, but MGS4, a DS3 controller and the PS3 for $500 is a pretty good deal.

Buck 02-26-2008 08:05 PM

I cant really read the how to switch out the HDD story cause I'm at work, but does it fall under the warranty, and is it possible just to use an External Hard Drive as extra?

Not that I need more room right away, but 40 GB isn't going to last for the life of my PS3.

ZootedGranny 02-26-2008 08:43 PM

Swapping out hard drives doesn't void your warranty, and an external hard drive works as long as it has been formatted in FAT32.

xbarretx 02-26-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 4603537)
And a pretty sweet bundle to coincide with the release.

I had planned to buy a PS3 for Hot Shots Golf 5 next month, but now I'll wait a bit longer.

I wish Sony would have a lower priced 40 gig bundle though. I don't care about backwards compatibility, and plan to install a larger hard drive, but MGS4, a DS3 controller and the PS3 for $500 is a pretty good deal.

why not go for the 20 gig then?

Sure-Oz 02-26-2008 10:04 PM

I'll believe that bundle when i see it, considering MGS4 has had a ton of different release dates

ZootedGranny 02-26-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4603772)
why not go for the 20 gig then?

I probably would if Sony still produced them. Now, I figure a 40 gig PS3, MGS4 and a DS3 would run me $515, so I might as well wait for the 80 gig bundle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4603774)
I'll believe that bundle when i see it, considering MGS4 has had a ton of different release dates

The bundle is definitely real (pic) (talk about press release here), the release date just hasn't been confirmed in a press release.

However, word from the Destination Playstation retailer conference today is that MGS4 is dropping June 12th. I'd guess that the bundle would at worst drop the same month, but I'd assume day and date with MGS4's release.

Sure-Oz 02-26-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 4603816)
I probably would if Sony still produced them. Now, I figure a 40 gig PS3, MGS4 and a DS3 would run me $515, so I might as well wait for the 80 gig bundle.

The bundle is definitely real (pic) (talk about press release here), the release date just hasn't been confirmed in a press release.

However, word from the Destination Playstation retailer conference today is that MGS4 is dropping June 12th. I'd guess that the bundle would at worst drop the same month, but I'd assume day and date with MGS4's release.

Can't wait to play that game then, exciting times ahead...

I assume the 80gig ps3 is the same as the current ones that are not being sold anymore, except retailers that have bundle packs.

xbarretx 02-27-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4603876)
Can't wait to play that game then, exciting times ahead...

I assume the 80gig ps3 is the same as the current ones that are not being sold anymore, except retailers that have bundle packs.

most likley

kcxiv 02-27-2008 03:08 PM

Well, got the ps3 a few min ago. Have resistance, motorstorm and Fight Night round 3 with it. Got it for 300 bucks. Not bad.

xbarretx 02-27-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4604823)
Well, got the ps3 a few min ago. Have resistance, motorstorm and Fight Night round 3 with it. Got it for 300 bucks. Not bad.

ebay?

If so nice!

RustShack 02-27-2008 03:26 PM

I have the old school 60 MB PS3, its my baby.

kcxiv 02-27-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4604841)
ebay?

If so nice!

Nope, friend of mines. He's in jail, and its been sitting in his room for the last 7 months doing nothing. 60 gig/wireless one.

Sure-Oz 02-27-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4603145)
all thats left is for you to get on PSN and play some COD4 with Tiny, Cro, BigRed, and myself........no pressure LMAO

haha, well once i do get that game, i will hit you guys up...i always see my gf's brother playing it on xbox360, looks fun:evil:

xbarretx 02-27-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4604915)
Nope, friend of mines. He's in jail, and its been sitting in his room for the last 7 months doing nothing. 60 gig/wireless one.

LMAO (sorry bout ya friend in jail) nice way to score one man :thumb:

xbarretx 02-27-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4604934)
haha, well once i do get that game, i will hit you guys up...i always see my gf's brother playing it on xbox360, looks fun:evil:

very much so

kcxiv 02-27-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4604960)
LMAO (sorry bout ya friend in jail) nice way to score one man :thumb:

Hehe, Well, he should be out soon as they dont have shit on him, you know how they can delay court dates until forever. hehe

But yeah, i scored it. lol

xbarretx 02-27-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4604970)
Hehe, Well, he should be out soon as they dont have shit on him, you know how they can delay court dates until forever. hehe

But yeah, i scored it. lol

so whats your PSN name? ya know for the thread and all.

kcxiv 02-27-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4604973)
so whats your PSN name? ya know for the thread and all.

just signed up and used kcxiv of course. hehe

xbarretx 02-27-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4604980)
just signed up and used kcxiv of course. hehe

cool man, ill add you tonight :toast:

mikeyis4dcats. 02-28-2008 11:34 AM

if anyone is looking into buying a PS3, here is a way to get $100 off. Offer ends tomorrow!

http://sonycard.sony.com/sonygateway...ID=&PROMO=DF01

it can be bought at any retailer withing the next 45 days, and you get the credit back in about 7-10 days from what I hear.

There is also a way to get some free additonal goodies (controllers, etc.) after you get your Sony card. See here:

http://sonycard.sony.com/sonygateway...erlink=flyfree

RustShack 02-28-2008 01:07 PM

RustShack is my PSN name.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-29-2008 03:38 PM

Just a reminder that today's the LAST day to sign up for the Sony Credit Card and get $100 back after purchase of a PS3 (or anything else over $299). You have 45 days to make the purchase.

Eleazar 02-29-2008 03:42 PM

Tiny, for starting this thread you should maintain a list of PSN names like the xbox360 thread has

xbarretx 02-29-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 4608504)
Tiny, for starting this thread you should maintain a list of PSN names like the xbox360 thread has

i concur

Buck 03-01-2008 04:44 PM

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY LOST: VIA DOMUS

It is the worst piece of shit game ever.

It doesn't even have to do with anything important on the show.

It is over in 4-6 Hours and not very fun

Every time you need to unlock a door or something like that, you have to do the same damn mini game (about 5 or 6 times in the game)

If you really want to play it, RENT it.

xbarretx 03-01-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cro (Post 4610205)
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY LOST: VIA DOMUS

It is the worst piece of shit game ever.

It doesn't even have to do with anything important on the show.

It is over in 4-6 Hours and not very fun

Every time you need to unlock a door or something like that, you have to do the same damn mini game (about 5 or 6 times in the game)

If you really want to play it, RENT it.

thanks for the tip :)

kcxiv 03-02-2008 06:00 AM

Man o Man. I downloaded the Shakira live in concert video in HD. Pure goodness.