ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Should the Chiefs have drafted Flacco over Dorsey? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197593)

TEX 09-24-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8047661)
I sure wouldnt want to build a team around him...

He gets way too many excuses for his lack of QB play...

I would. He's leading the AFC in pasising and is # 2 in the NFL. You can build aroubd him no doubt.

Reerun_KC 09-24-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8945913)
Defense? Defenses don't win championships, anymore.

It's 2012, not 1972.

Heck you got me there DMC, I wasnt even born in 1972....

Reerun_KC 09-24-2012 12:46 PM

You guys can have Flacco, that is fine, I will take a pass and go in a different direction.

Doesnt make me right or wrong. But I know for a fact that he would of already been crucified here 100 times before now.

Black Bob 09-24-2012 12:46 PM

Flacco was from Delaware. No one in their right mind was going to take him at #5.

ILChief 09-24-2012 12:46 PM

I probably said no then, now I would say yes. While not top tier like Rodgers or Brees, he is definitely better than casshole

Brock 09-24-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8945910)
No....

With that Defense he has had, there shouldnt be any excuses.

Excuses for what? Leading his team to the AFC championship game?

Thig Lyfe 09-24-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5258754)
Bawhahhahahaha we have Thigpen

Good point.

ChiefsCountry 09-24-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8945930)
Excuses for what? Leading his team to the AFC championship game?

He was a dropped pass away from the Super Bowl.

Ace Gunner 09-24-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

It's 2012, not 1972.

On behalf of the NYG, stfu.

(however, if you are suggesting the pick should have been Flacco instead of Dorsey, agreed)

ChiefsCountry 09-24-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 8945946)
On behalf of the NYG, stfu.

You stfu
http://clarksvillesportsnetwork.com/...NFL-Giants.jpg

Ace Gunner 09-24-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8945948)

Hey idiot
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xSRFrgYenUE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can't win on the road without good defense. You cant win a championship without good defense, either.

Eli is the man, but the defense is the key to real success.

Hell, the Chiefs won yesterday because of defense and the kicker.

ChiefsCountry 09-24-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 8945960)
Hey idiot
Eli is the man, but the defense is the key to real success.

A good QB beats a good defense. But keep being the idiot you are.

T-post Tom 09-24-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 8945960)
...defense is the key to real success.

QB is the single most important position on the field. Each of the individual 11 positions on defense is less important than the QB. Flacco over Dorsey EVERY time.

DaWolf 09-24-2012 01:15 PM

Brodie Croyle is the future...

Whosurdaddy 09-24-2012 01:20 PM

The ravens have crazy confidence in Flacco right now. Flacco. So hot right now. Flacco.

Bump 09-24-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

It's 2012, not 1972.

fail

defenses certainly still do win championships. It's the main reason why the Patriots couldn't close the deal in their last 2 Superbowls. Pretty much every Superbowl champion over the past 15 years has had a stellar defense. But they've also had a stellar QB too. You need both.

Bump 09-24-2012 02:06 PM

But ya, this is proof that CP knows jack shit about drafting QB's.

You guys say stuff like "we better ****ing not draft Tannehill" Well we couldn't have, but he's looking okay. You all said Flacco sucks, this thread is proof but he's looking pretty legit and has playoff wins and they really should have went to the Superbowl last year because of Flacco. Remember that horrible dropped TD pass that a perfect throw? and also the missed field goal? Yeah, Flacco is capable of helping a team get to the Superbowl but it's mostly the defense.

Matt Ryan sucks too
You were right about Sanchez, he sucks

but if we don't ever take a chance, we're never going to get anywhere.

acesn8s 09-24-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8945963)

Yep! Peyton is dominating the league this year....oh wait

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946125)
fail

defenses certainly still do win championships. It's the main reason why the Patriots couldn't close the deal in their last 2 Superbowls. Pretty much every Superbowl champion over the past 15 years has had a stellar defense. But they've also had a stellar QB too. You need both.

You're a ****ing idiot. What was the Giants defensive ranking last year or the Packers the year before?

Shut the **** up, "Bump". ****ing mult.

Bump 09-24-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8946159)
You're a ****ing idiot. What was the Giants defensive ranking last year or the Packers the year before?

Shut the **** up, "Bump". ****ing mult.

no you are!

you are so childish dude.

acesn8s 09-24-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946139)

You guys say stuff like "we better ****ing not draft Tannehill" Well we couldn't have, but he's looking okay. You all said Flacco sucks, this thread is proof but he's looking pretty legit and has playoff wins and they really should have went to the Superbowl last year because of Flacco. Remember that horrible dropped TD pass that a perfect throw? and also the missed field goal? Yeah, Flacco is capable of helping a team get to the Superbowl but it's mostly the defense.

Matt Ryan sucks too

Yep! He ain't doing shit this year...oh wait

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946166)
no you are!

you are so childish dude.

And you're a ****ing idiot with no factual basis for your stupidass comments.

Good luck with that, you ****ing phony.

Bump 09-24-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8946175)
And you're a ****ing idiot with no factual basis for your stupidass comments.

Good luck with that, you ****ing phony.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...1301768949.jpg

Saul Good 09-24-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946139)

Matt Ryan sucks too

Tannehill's "looking okay"? Is this the same Tannehill who completed 52% of his passes with one touchdown and four INTs for a QB rating in the fifties (dead last in the NFL) over the first three weeks?

Bump 09-24-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Badguy (Post 8946202)
Tannehill's "looking okay"? Is this the same Tannehill who completed 52% of his passes with one touchdown and four INTs for a QB rating in the fifties (dead last in the NFL) over the first three weeks?

actually you are right. Tannehill does look shitty. I think I meant to say Wilson.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946184)

More proof of your raging dumbassery.

I'll ask again: Where did the Super Bowl winning Giants and Packers finish defensively the past two years? How about the 2008 runner up Cardinals? How about the 2007 winning Colts or the 2010 runner up Colts?

Why don't you look those up and get back to us, okay?

ROFL

Saul Good 09-24-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946261)
actually you are right. Tannehill does look shitty. I think I meant to say Wilson.

So people were saying "we better not draft ****ing Russel Wilson"? You're going with that and then using this made up position to say that people on CP don't get it wrt Quarterbacks?

You should probably just bail at this point.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Badguy (Post 8946291)
So people were saying "we better not draft ****ing Russel Wilson"? You're going with that and then using this made up position to say that people on CP don't get it wrt Quarterbacks?

He should have bailed long before that idiotic comment, although idiotic comments are his specialty.

Bump 09-24-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8946277)
More proof of your raging dumbassery.

I'll ask again: Where did the Super Bowl winning Giants and Packers finish defensively the past two years? How about the 2008 runner up Cardinals? How about the 2007 winning Colts or the 2010 runner up Colts?

Why don't you look those up and get back to us, okay?

ROFL

well the Giants d did hold the record breaking Patriots to 14 points in their first meeting. I remember the defense attacking Tom Brady and is a huge reason why they won. Same with last years Superbowl. They held the high scoring Patriots to 17 points. Again, pretty damn good.

A defensive play pretty much won the game for the Saints a few years ago and again, the high scoring Colts were held to 17 points.

When the Steelers beat the Cardinals, their defense dominated the Cardinals until the 4th quarter which by that point it was too late.

I don't give a shit what their regular season rankings were. I watched these Superbowls and the winning teams had great defensive play. Raging because someone says that you need defense AND a QB just makes you look ****ing stupid dude.

Bump 09-24-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8946331)
He should have bailed long before that idiotic comment, although idiotic comments are his specialty.

You need both a defense and QB is an idiotic comment?

You guys are unreal.

Bump 09-24-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Badguy (Post 8946291)

yes, I recall that draft thread pretty well and yes, people did say we better not draft Russel Wilson.

Saul Good 09-24-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946349)
yes, I recall that draft thread pretty well and yes, people did say we better not draft Russel Wilson.

I'm sure that's what you meant. We should have had the guts to draft a QB in the third round.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946334)
I don't give a shit what their regular season rankings were.

It's nice that you can make up your own rules. And you still failed to answer the question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump
I watched these Superbowls and the winning teams had great defensive play. Raging because someone says that you need defense AND a QB just makes you look ****ing stupid dude.

More proof that you are a stoned ****ing moron

Bump 09-24-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8946363)
It's nice that you can make up your own rules. And you still failed to answer the question.

More proof that you are a stoned ****ing moron

So the Giants D didn't play well in those 2 Superbowls?

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946338)
You need both a defense and QB is an idiotic comment?

You guys are unreal.

That's not what you said, dumbass. JFC, are you baked out of your mind?

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946369)
So the Giants D didn't play well in those 2 Superbowls?

I'm not answering your question until you answer mine, moron.

Bump 09-24-2012 03:03 PM

why don;t you tell me how I'm wrong? You're only argument is "you are a ****ing moron"

that's all you can say. You can't tell me why you think I'm wrong. Your only answer is "you are a ****ing idiot"

which makes me think the same about you. If that's the best rebuttal to an argument you can come up with dude.........

Why am I wrong?

tell me how bad the Giants defense was in those Superbowls? It's amazing that a "stoned ****ing moron" is the one trying to have a decent debate, which you obviously aren't capable of.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946379)
why don;t you tell me how I'm wrong? You're only argument is "you are a ****ing moron"

that's all you can say. You can't tell me why you think I'm wrong. Your only answer is "you are a ****ing idiot"

which makes me think the same about you. If that's the best rebuttal to an argument you can come up with dude.........

Why am I wrong?

tell me how bad the Giants defense was in those Superbowls? It's amazing that a "stoned ****ing moron" is the one trying to have a decent debate, which you obviously aren't capable of.

JFC, you aren't worth my time if that's your argument. You're ****ing dumber than I had previously thought.

Good job.

Bump 09-24-2012 03:09 PM

Dane, I get it. Trolling is fun for you. It is kind of fun every once in a while, I won't lie.

Reerun_KC 09-24-2012 03:10 PM

Give me a 1st round QB and a top 10 defense and I would be happy...

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946401)
Dane, I get it. Trolling is fun for you. It is kind of fun every once in a while, I won't lie.

Just shut the **** up, you ****ing moron.

The Giants, Packers, Cardinals and Colts were amongst the worst ranked defenses in the ****ing league (31 for the Packers, Giants and Cards). That didn't stop any of those teams from making the playoffs or getting to the Super Bowl.

You're talking out of your ass because you refuse to acknowledge the facts. Either that, or you unaware of the facts, which makes you look even dumber.

The bottom line is that you have no ****ing clue and shouldn't be involved in a conversation in which you're so unbelievably clueless.

****ing moron.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8946404)
Give me a 1st round QB and a top 10 defense and I would be happy...

Who wouldn't?

How many Super Bowls in the last decade have been won by teams with a top 10 defense and a franchise QB?

Red Dawg 09-24-2012 03:17 PM

Hell yes they should have.

Tribal Warfare 09-24-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8946419)
Who wouldn't?

How many Super Bowls in the last decade have been won by teams with a top 10 defense and a franchise QB?

or even a top 15 to 20

Reerun_KC 09-24-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8946419)
Who wouldn't?

Not many....

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8946379)
why don;t you tell me how I'm wrong?

Because it's clear that you're talking out of your stoned ass.

You stated that I "failed" because I said defense doesn't win championships anymore. If that's the case, why have recent Super Bowl winners had defenses in the bottom third of the league? Hell, the Packers were 31st!

Explain it, you drooling Mongo.

Chiefaholic 09-24-2012 03:57 PM

Looks like Dane is back to his old self again....

To win today you need BOTH a franchise quarterback AND a solid defense. Look at the Pack last year or the Chiefs during the Green / Holmes era. Both teams scored points on damn near every drive. However, neither team could stop the opponent either. Both the Pack of last year and the Chiefs of the Vermeil era were exploited in the playoffs when they had to play a team with a legitimate defense. Who gives a rats ass if you can score 35 points a game when the opponent scores 40? Had the Saints had a defense yesterday, they would have trounced the Chiefs.

Skyy God 09-24-2012 04:01 PM

This has shaped up to be as lopsided as whether you should stick your d**k in a car door or supermodel.

Ming the Merciless 09-24-2012 04:02 PM

Looking back on it , Sure.....it wouldve been a viable way to go...

But its not like a 2nd round pick was way too much for a shot at a QB....They swung the bat on Cassel, and missed...

I wasn't here for the draft that season but was there THAT many people saying we should get Flacco? I don't feel like searching the forum..LOL....

Would probably be better off with Flacco than Cassel at this point , I will say...although I dunno if I wouldve thought that a couple seasons ago...

edit: AND, I don't know if he is a franchise caliber guy STILL....isn't he more of a game manager/defense/run offense type of system QB?

Ace Gunner 09-24-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8945963)

Tom Brady called he said you're a ****ing fool to say Eli is better than he is. He also wants you to know he lost the ****ing championship game to the NYG defense, not Eli.

Jeesh. Some ppl are dense as hell.

KCTitus 09-24-2012 04:15 PM

I think the Chiefs should have drafted Brady over Darnell Alford...dammit Carl!

Bump 09-24-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8946417)
Just shut the **** up, you ****ing moron.

The Giants, Packers, Cardinals and Colts were amongst the worst ranked defenses in the ****ing league (31 for the Packers, Giants and Cards). That didn't stop any of those teams from making the playoffs or getting to the Super Bowl.

You're talking out of your ass because you refuse to acknowledge the facts. Either that, or you unaware of the facts, which makes you look even dumber.

The bottom line is that you have no ****ing clue and shouldn't be involved in a conversation in which you're so unbelievably clueless.

****ing moron.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...4/images-1.jpg

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 8946511)
Looks like Dane is back to his old self again....

How so? This tool called me out but couldn't back up his argument. End of story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 8946511)
To win today you need BOTH a franchise quarterback AND a solid defense. Look at the Pack last year or the Chiefs during the Green / Holmes era. Both teams scored points on damn near every drive. However, neither team could stop the opponent either. Both the Pack of last year and the Chiefs of the Vermeil era were exploited in the playoffs when they had to play a team with a legitimate defense. Who gives a rats ass if you can score 35 points a game when the opponent scores 40? Had the Saints had a defense yesterday, they would have trounced the Chiefs.

Wrong. The Cardinals of 2008 had the 31st ranked defense and were two minutes from a Super Bowl victory. The Packers had the 31st ranked defense and won the Super Bowl. The Giants and Pats were ranked in the bottom five last year and the Giants won the Super Bowl.

The old adage that "Defense wins Championships" no longer applies. The rules have been changed over the past ten years to where it's required that you have a Franchise QB or stay home.

Having a great defense means absolutely nothing if you don't have a Franchise QB.

Bump 09-24-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8946861)
How so? This tool called me out but couldn't back up his argument. End of story.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...gifs/GLgxq.gif

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-30-2012 03:38 PM

Funny how Dorsey replacement already has 2 sacks in one game while Dorsey hasn't generated anything

Bowser 09-30-2012 04:11 PM

I say we give it another 3 years just to be sure.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-30-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 7340649)
Nah. Rodgers over DJ, on the other hand...

Damn good point.

notorious 09-30-2012 04:28 PM

Our coaches would have ****ed up Joe Montana.

The only guy who could have played through our shit coaches the last 7 years is John ****ing Elway.

Deberg_1990 11-11-2012 01:14 PM

Relevent bump....

Rausch 11-11-2012 01:16 PM

Duh.

Should the Chiefs have drafted any QB over any DL in the top 10?

Yes.

Forever, yes...

Pasta Little Brioni 11-11-2012 01:27 PM

Herp Derp

Oh Snap 11-11-2012 01:47 PM

Oh lawdy is OP a profit? At the time, Dorsey seemed to make perfect sense. He was regarded as being the best player in that draft. But it was pretty damn obvious we needed a QB since Trent Green.

I also feel Dorsey is being misused in a 3-4. His play is much better suited for a 4-3 style of defense.

mcaj22 11-11-2012 02:06 PM

wheres the "Should the Chiefs have drafted Andy Dalton over Jon Baldwin?" thread

because that one is very realistic

Chieftain58 11-11-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5258752)
Hmmmmm....

IM just saying....

How about staying a 4-3 Defense instead of busting your 1st round pick! Remember they changed after they drafted him to a 3-4

ILChief 11-11-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9106271)
wheres the "Should the Chiefs have drafted Andy Dalton over Jon Baldwin?" thread

Eh I'm not a big Dalton fan. I would rather have Cassel who we know is crap and has to be replaced opposed to being tied to dalton for the future hoping he becomes a top QB

Rasputin 11-11-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Yes this. LOL Jon Baldwin still could have been picked up in the second maybe? I don't think his stock in the draft was that high iirc.

Easy 6 11-11-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Yes, yes it is.

No name Dalton just whipped up on the champions.

Deberg_1990 01-20-2013 08:12 PM

Bump : )

AussieChiefsFan 01-20-2013 08:14 PM

Flacco is one if many players that would have been a better choice than Dorsey

Ebolapox 01-20-2013 08:15 PM

wow, hindsight showing that the reach QB is better than the OMG TOP TALENT OF THE DRAFT. shocker.

Molitoth 01-20-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9337624)
wow, hindsight showing that the reach QB is better than the OMG TOP TALENT OF THE DRAFT. shocker.

This.

KCrockaholic 01-20-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH (Post 5258938)
Had we passed on Dorsey, we'd be banging our heads for the next 15 years thinking about why we passed on him. IMO, Dorsey with just about any DC who's team picked after us would turn Dorsey into a monster.

Good thing we aren't banging our heads lol.

Deberg_1990 01-20-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9337624)

Look at the thread creation date. Alot of Us knew back then it was a mistake to pass on a QB.

Ebolapox 01-20-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9337798)
Look at the thread creation date. Alot of knew back then it was a mistake to pass on a QB.

WOW, HOLY SHIT, I DIDN'T THINK TO LOOK?!?

the bump was what I was referring to, obviously.

Saccopoo 01-20-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5258796)
in retrospect we should have been more concerned about the QB position

but i'm not going to claim that i knew anything about flacco....

Dorsey was a no-brainer pick.....but QB is a more important position, and if Flacco turns into a franchise QB then he will be a better/more valuable pick....

we could look back in 5 years and say, "see, another example of why the chiefs suck
"

Prophetic.

I hope we draft Lotulelei or Joeckel.

That will get us competing for sure.

doomy3 01-20-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9337798)
Look at the thread creation date. Alot of Us knew back then it was a mistake to pass on a QB.

Well, except for you didn't really say anything back when you started this thread. You didn't at all say that it was a mistake to pass on Flacco.

DeezNutz 01-20-2013 09:16 PM

Solid reminder that a QB with a lot of natural talent can still take a few years to reach his full potential. Doesn't mean he has to suck early, as Flacco clearly wasn't "bad," but he has been an ascending player for some time.

In his prime now, though.

ChiefsCountry 01-20-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9338110)
Solid reminder that a QB with a lot of natural talent can still take a few years to reach his full potential. Doesn't mean he has to suck early, as Flacco clearly wasn't "bad," but he has been an ascending player for some time.

Translation he hit age 27/28 thats when they start winning Super Bowls.

tk13 01-20-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9338110)

It is. I think the same is true of Matt Ryan. I wouldn't close the book on him yet either. As long as they can keep Ryan/White/Jones together they are going to be dangerous.

Honestly, another guy is Andy Dalton. He's gotten ripped on here the last couple years for choking in the playoffs... but he's gotten them there in a brutal division his first two years.

crossbow 01-20-2013 09:33 PM

We could have had both. We used the pick we got from the Jarrad Allen fiasco that Carl created to take Branden Albert at 15 and the Ravens took Flacco at 18. So we screwed the pooch twice. This is what teams do when they are afraid to draft a QB. They watch other teams go to the Super Bowl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NFL_Draft