ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Buck 03-24-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7513759)
Hey man, I was just letting the man know I spent a shit ton of time playing the game. I wasn't bragging, dummy. It'd be akin to bragging about being 15th Prestige in COD, all it means is that you have no life.

I can't remember who, but I think it was you who had like 11 days of playing time on MW2. LOL.

Pants 03-24-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5"chub (Post 7513773)
I can't remember who, but I think it was you who had like 11 days of playing time on MW2. LOL.

Yeah, I hit that shit hard in the first couple of months, went back to normalcy after that and stopped playing it at 12 days, IIRC. There are dudes with 24+ days that have played Black Ops and it's been out for what? 3 months?

Buck 03-24-2011 11:56 AM

Hey Pants or Kraus or anyone else on my friends list, have you seen me on Xbox Live recently playing Black Ops?

Pants 03-24-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5"chub (Post 7513792)
Hey Pants or Kraus or anyone else on my friends list, have you seen me on Xbox Live recently playing Black Ops?

I've seen you on a couple of times, but I didn't check to see what you were playing. I'm not on very much right now.

Buck 03-24-2011 11:59 AM

I let a friend borrow the 360, I just wanted to make sure they were actually using it and not letting it collect dust.

bowener 03-24-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7513700)
How is the shooting/killing clumsy?

I just got it so I may be wrong, but it feels "clumsy" in that you can tell you are moving a person around with your controls. Your guy moves like he has weight to him, not like a 2D cartoon in the MW/COD series. I imagine it would be clumsy to run around in jack boots and full fatigues carrying your pack.

First thing you should probably do is crank up the look sensitivity. Mine is far higher than where the default is and I am still not sure it is high enough.

AndChiefs 03-24-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 7513805)
I just got it so I may be wrong, but it feels "clumsy" in that you can tell you are moving a person around with your controls. Your guy moves like he has weight to him, not like a 2D cartoon in the MW/COD series. I imagine it would be clumsy to run around in jack boots and full fatigues carrying your pack.

First thing you should probably do is crank up the look sensitivity. Mine is far higher than where the default is and I am still not sure it is high enough.

You have to do that with every game. It's ridiculous how slow they expect you to want to turn.

Bambi 03-24-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 7513597)
thanks; good info; didn't realize you needed folks to play with etc.

I play solo every night.

Most everyone who plays understands the concept of the squad.

Bambi 03-24-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 7513805)

Exactly.

COD is more "arcade-y" or cartoonish. The men move unrealistically. BFBC2 men move much more realistically.

Both are good in their own way, just different.

kepp 03-24-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7514268)
Exactly.

COD is more "arcade-y" or cartoonish. The men move unrealistically. BFBC2 men move much more realistically.

Both are good in their own way, just different.

Okay, this may be the deciding factor for me: can someone kill you with their knife by magically lunging at you from 20 feet away?

Pants 03-24-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7514287)
Okay, this may be the deciding factor for me: can someone kill you with their knife by magically lunging at you from 20 feet away?

It's the opposite in BC2, lol. You can be right behind someone, slash them in the back and it won't register.

COD definitely takes more skill to be good at, BF is nice because it's so wide open and there's very little camping and when there is, it's largely ineffective.

Pants 03-24-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7514264)
I play solo every night.

Most everyone who plays understands the concept of the squad.

This is simply untrue. Sometimes there MIGHT be a guy with a mic on in your random squad and you can half-ass do something with him, most of the time it's just a bunch of idiots randomly running around after spawning on you. If you get to an objective by yourself, they might spawn on you and actually stay to get the points and then run off.

WV 03-24-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7514313)
This is simply untrue. Sometimes there MIGHT be a guy with a mic on in your random squad and you can half-ass do something with him, most of the time it's just a bunch of idiots randomly running around after spawning on you. If you get to an objective by yourself, they might spawn on you and actually stay to get the points and then run off.

It is hard to find a good squad when playing with randoms. The worst part is when your put in a squad with three other wookies. Freaking pisses me off. That said....I can usually still find good games with randoms, just takes a few matches sometimes. I'm no expert and have only had the game for a few months (rank 27 I think), but it does take some getting used to from the COD series in a lot of ways.

Bambi 03-24-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7514313)
If you get to an objective by yourself, they might spawn on you and actually stay to get the points and then run off.

Oh I love doing that!

Kraus 03-24-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7514287)

What Pants said... it might take a couple tries for the knife to register. One of the major glitches with the game. Besides that, I love it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7514367)
It is hard to find a good squad when playing with randoms. The worst part is when your put in a squad with three other wookies.

Here is a tip, when you're team is full of wookies and most likely losing badly, look at the scoreboard and find somebody on the other team. Go to your friends list, tab over to "Recent Players" or something like that, click on the person's name and click "join session in progress." Boom! You're on the other team. And you most likely know where all your old team is camping. Easy knife kills (DOGTAGS!!!)

I have no shame about switching teams if my team is reeruned.

kepp 03-25-2011 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7514301)
It's the opposite in BC2, lol. You can be right behind someone, slash them in the back and it won't register.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7515539)
What Pants said... it might take a couple tries for the knife to register. One of the major glitches with the game. Besides that, I love it.

I haven't played it yet, obviously, but I suspect I'd much rather have this be the case than what happens in black ops.

DMAC 03-25-2011 07:38 AM

This is going to take some getting used to

WV 03-25-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 7515763)
This is going to take some getting used to

There's definitely a knack to it and it's pretty clear in games who has it and who doesn't! My scores fluctuate a good bit....couple good games, one great one, and three stinkers. I'm only a 27 though, get a group of 50's in your game and you quickly find out.

WV 03-25-2011 08:27 AM

Sidenote......anyone on with an Android phone you can add this app 1337pwn.com and it let's you know when your friends are online playing (XBox anyway). Works pretty well.

Pants 03-25-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7515818)
There's definitely a knack to it and it's pretty clear in games who has it and who doesn't! My scores fluctuate a good bit....couple good games, one great one, and three stinkers. I'm only a 27 though, get a group of 50's in your game and you quickly find out.

What's your PPM? I think I was right around 250 when I stopped playing.

WV 03-25-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7515870)
What's your PPM? I think I was right around 250 when I stopped playing.

Not sure where to find my PPM (points per match I assume)?? Looking on statsverse....Here's my stats, as you can see I'm not that great. You can look up anybody on this site if you know their gamertag.

DMAC 03-25-2011 09:12 AM

...lookin gooooood

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/ps3/Hytee-Dytee/

Pants 03-25-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7515897)
Not sure where to find my PPM (points per match I assume)?? Looking on statsverse....Here's my stats, as you can see I'm not that great. You can look up anybody on this site if you know their gamertag.

Yeah, it's actually called score per minute, sorry about that.

Here's mine.

It still pisses me off that I don't have the "All Bronze" insignias. Such ****ing bullshit, every gun is a goddamn gold star and somehow the Insignia is still locked.

WV 03-25-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7515905)
Yeah, it's actually called score per minute, sorry about that.

Here's mine.

It still pisses me off that I don't have the "All Bronze" insignias. Such ****ing bullshit, every gun is a goddamn gold star and somehow the Insignia is still locked.

Yeah your doing great....I think I'm doing OK for the time I've been playing, but of course I'd like to be better. Practice!

WV 03-25-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 7515901)

Nice! It had a pretty steep learning curve as some others have mentioned.

AndChiefs 03-25-2011 09:54 AM

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/360/UnknownNewbie/

Kraus 03-25-2011 11:40 AM

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/360/Trespasser%20989/

Pants 03-25-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7516176)

Not sure I appreciate your heavy usage of the M60 right now, Kraus.

:p

This thread is almost making me want to go back and start playing BF:BC2, it's been a long time.

Kraus 03-25-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7516188)
Not sure I appreciate your heavy usage of the M60 right now, Kraus.

:p

This thread is almost making me want to go back and start playing BF:BC2, it's been a long time.

When I'm required to be a medic I choose M60... it's called easy mode. ;)

Buy Vietnam!

Pants 03-25-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7516189)
When I'm required to be a medic I choose M60... it's called easy mode. ;)

Buy Vietnam!

LOL, IDK about 'Nam right now. I'll probably just wait for BF3 to come out to jump back in the BF series. We did have some good times blowing shit up, though.

WV 03-25-2011 12:26 PM

Everyone keeps posting their stats and making me realize how bad I am...rochambeau:huh::sulk:

Bambi 03-25-2011 12:58 PM

Here's me...

http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/Vickedson

And yes, dudes who have a 50 are unstoppable. But it takes hours upon hours upon hours to get there.

Pants 03-25-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7516331)
Here's me...

http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/Vickedson

And yes, dudes who have a 50 are unstoppable. But it takes hours upon hours upon hours to get there.

Where are you guys getting this "50's are unstoppable" thing? They're no better than any other player, it just means they played for a very long time.

The only time a 50 is unstoppable is when he's raping your spawn from his helicopter on Arica Harbor.

Couple of pro tips:

Use the ABAKAN (2-round burst AK), it's the best gun in the game, IMO, and the only thing that comes close in terms of being overpowered is the M60. You can't have the noobtube on the M60, though. :D

Chose a sniper class, equip the VSS + red dot (it becomes an incredibly powerful assault rifle) and have the C4 equipped. This is probably the most versatile class option and works on all game modes. Keep throwing those motion sensors out - it helps your team out TREMENDOUSLY. It should just be a habit to always have one out there beeping. Make sure you have a buddy supplying you with ammo because your VSS will run dry really quick.

Blowing up MCOMMs with C4 instead of hitting the X and starting the alarm is by far the best way to generate points in this game. Be smart about it, though, because sneaking to one isn't always easy. If you bumrush it (like I did because I wanted the insignia) you will get killed. A LOT.

Also, you can be an engineer and sneak to the MCOMMs and put mines all around it. They do not disappear after you die so you can keep stacking them. You can shoot or grenade the mines whenever you feel like it for massive MCOMM damage (this pro tip was stolen directly from Kraus, BTW).

If you care about your KDR, Rush is probably not the best game mode, I died way too many times trying to blow those MCOMMs up. It is probably the most satisfying game mode, though.

If you already knew all this, my apologies.

Bambi 03-25-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7516441)
Where are you guys getting this "50's are unstoppable" thing? They're no better than any other player, it just means they played for a very long time.

The only time a 50 is unstoppable is when he's raping your spawn from his helicopter on Arica Harbor.

Couple of pro tips:

Use the ABAKAN (2-round burst AK), it's the best gun in the game, IMO, and the only thing that comes close in terms of being overpowered is the M60. You can't have the noobtube on the M60, though. :D

Chose a sniper class, equip the VSS + red dot (it becomes an incredibly powerful assault rifle) and have the C4 equipped. This is probably the most versatile class option and works on all game modes. Keep throwing those motion sensors out - it helps your team out TREMENDOUSLY. It should just be a habit to always have one out there beeping. Make sure you have a buddy supplying you with ammo because your VSS will run dry really quick.

Blowing up MCOMMs with C4 instead of hitting the X and starting the alarm is by far the best way to generate points in this game. Be smart about it, though, because sneaking to one isn't always easy. If you bumrush it (like I did because I wanted the insignia) you will get killed. A LOT.

Also, you can be an engineer and sneak to the MCOMMs and put mines all around it. They do not disappear after you die so you can keep stacking them. You can shoot or grenade the mines whenever you feel like it for massive MCOMM damage (this pro tip was stolen directly from Kraus, BTW).

If you care about your KDR, Rush is probably not the best game mode, I died way too many times trying to blow those MCOMMs up. It is probably the most satisfying game mode, though.

I play almost Rush exclusively. It's just so ****ing awesome.

I love the land mines too. I use them all the time.

Also getting into the tracer gun a lot now too. Tracer + Carl Gustav = Death...

WV 03-25-2011 02:52 PM

The problem I'm running into with mines is the team kills they result in....I still use them, but when you lay them out and they get grenaded, UAV'd, or mortared they can kill a bunch of your teammates.

Good tips though Pants, I've never used the Akaban and I don't think I have the VSS unlocked. I'll have to give it a shot.

WV 03-27-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

No sure if you were aware, but I found out last week that they have patched a couple of things since you've been an active BC2 player.

The M60 has been scaled back in power (supposedly).
And it's pretty difficult to blow up MCOMs with C4 or Mines now. It takes double the amount of either to blow them up now. I put 6 mines on one and it didn't do squat. Then my cousin told me about the patches.

Bambi 03-27-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7521423)
No sure if you were aware, but I found out last week that they have patched a couple of things since you've been an active BC2 player.

The M60 has been scaled back in power (supposedly).
And it's pretty difficult to blow up MCOMs with C4 or Mines now. It takes double the amount of either to blow them up now. I put 6 mines on one and it didn't do squat. Then my cousin told me about the patches.

I'm glad they did this. Collapsing buildings is annoying enough.

You should have to get your ass in there and set a charge to take out the base imo.

Then again, dudes that load up C4 on the UAV and fly that shit into the base...that's pretty funny.

Pants 03-28-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7521466)
I'm glad they did this. Collapsing buildings is annoying enough.

You should have to get your ass in there and set a charge to take out the base imo.

Then again, dudes that load up C4 on the UAV and fly that shit into the base...that's pretty funny.

That used to be the last resort for Kraus and me. It was very effective. And no, WV, I didn't realize they patched it up. That's a shame, really. It was hard enough to cap MCOMMS.

Otter 03-29-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Couple of pro tips:

I'm going to have to insist you all open NewEgg right now, build at least a 'recommended specifications' PC and migrate to the PC platform.

We form a guild and rule the servers. It will be called "Otter's Marauders" where I will be supreme leader and tyrant. Sure "Chiefs Planet" or something similar would make more sense but that's not how marauders operate now is it.

Make it so.

Bambi 03-30-2011 11:07 AM

New trailer out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsHIHxYXeLs

QuikSsurfer 03-30-2011 11:46 AM

I want this game now... I hate that I sold BF:BC2 -- i may have to double dip and purchase the Vietnam expansion..
Playing the Crysis 2 MP really makes me miss Battlefield and its destructible environments.

Pants 04-01-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7526554)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DsHIHxYXeLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WV 04-17-2011 08:37 PM

12 Minutes of Game Play....pretty sweet.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2x-kZma5n94" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Demonpenz 04-17-2011 10:12 PM

is there anyway you can turn the cussing off?

Otter 04-17-2011 10:19 PM

Did anyone else notice at the end of the video (around 11:50) those guys were HALO jumping (assuming it was HALO from the view of ground an portion of the aircraft they were jumping from) with rifles in their hands?

Nothing bad coming out of that.

WV 04-17-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7573050)

Never checked on it and honestly I noticed in the beginning with BC2, but hardly do anymore.

Bambi 04-17-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

**** no.

WV 04-17-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 7573058)
Did anyone else notice at the end of the video (around 11:50) those guys were HALO jumping (assuming it was HALO from the view of ground an portion of the aircraft they were jumping from) with rifles in their hands?

Nothing bad coming out of that.

Weapons....don't leave home without them!

Bambi 04-17-2011 10:22 PM

I can't wait to fly the jets.

Apparently these maps are gonna be hhhuuuuggggeeeee.....

WV 04-17-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7573065)
I can't wait to fly the jets.

Apparently these maps are gonna be hhhuuuuggggeeeee.....

I'm sure they'll be cool at first, but eventually get old with people simply playing maps to fly like the Helo's now. Some people in Helo's can really get old quickly when you can't bring them down and all they do is circle strafe you all game long.

thecoffeeguy 04-18-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7492297)
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16012-...-requirements/

HOLY SHIT

Summary

For the minimum experience, these are our estimations:

Windows Vista 32-bit
512mb DirectX 10 video card
2GB RAM
Dual-core processor 2.0ghz
For the maximum:

Windows 7 64-bit
~2GB DirectX 11 video card (GTX 580, 6990)
4-8GB DDR3 RAM
Quad or hexacore processor

Definitely need to run SLI or Crossfire if you have a large monitor.
Damn, two 6990 in crossfire setup...thats 4gb memory on the GPU alone! LOL

The Franchise 04-18-2011 10:28 AM

Is that gameplay from the PC or a console?

ToxSocks 04-18-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7573609)

heh.

Was just about to ask.

Pants 04-18-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7573609)

If I had to bet money, I would say PC. Consoles aren't capable of producing graphics like that.

Valiant 04-18-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Why?? You are playing a military game.. Soldiers cuss nonstop..

Valiant 04-18-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7573639)
If I had to bet money, I would say PC. Consoles aren't capable of producing graphics like that.

That is my problem.. I love, looove playing the past BF's on my PC, I get to own shit with keyboard and mouse.. But all mydamn friends have 360 and they want to play this game..

007 04-19-2011 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7575392)
That is my problem.. I love, looove playing the past BF's on my PC, I get to own shit with keyboard and mouse.. But all mydamn friends have 360 and they want to play this game..

Screw the inferior nuts.

Otter 04-19-2011 11:19 AM

Just read that BF3 is going to include jets. I'm going to have to hold off purchasing until I see how that works out. Jets absolutely killed the original BF. The dominated the whole map to the point all you were was cannon fodder if you weren't flying.

Ugh, hope they manage to balance it this time.

Pants 04-19-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 7576612)
Just read that BF3 is going to include jets. I'm going to have to hold off purchasing until I see how that works out. Jets absolutely killed the original BF. The dominated the whole map to the point all you were was cannon fodder if you weren't flying.

Ugh, hope they manage to balance it this time.

Maybe they'll have some SAMs you can capture.

Otter 04-19-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7576618)
Maybe they'll have some SAMs you can capture.

They had SAMs in BF2 and the jets would lock on and blow them up with you sitting on them from 3 miles out.

- lock on
- fly away
- turn around and fire

No chance in hell of a fair fight.

kepp 06-28-2011 10:17 AM

BF3 wins best action game and best online multiplayer at E3 - http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html

Pants 06-28-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7719608)
BF3 wins best action game and best online multiplayer at E3 - http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html

Deserving, IMO.

loochy 06-28-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 7576629)
They had SAMs in BF2 and the jets would lock on and blow them up with you sitting on them from 3 miles out.

- lock on
- fly away
- turn around and fire

No chance in hell of a fair fight.

I don't think that's the kind of SAM they were talking about. He probaly means an actual radar guided SAM that has more range. It would require capture and effectively neutralize air cover until it is taken by the attacking team.

EDIT: I just realized that I replied to a 2 month old post.

Pants 06-28-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7719617)
I don't think that's the kind of SAM they were talking about. He probaly means an actual radar guided SAM that has more range. It would require capture and effectively neutralize air cover until it is taken by the attacking team.

Yeah, they added those Vulcans in BFBC2 to counter the chopper domination, I'm hoping they'll just have something like that from the get-go in BF3.

Bambi 06-28-2011 02:57 PM

can't stop watching this

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9UwOrl036_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

crispystl 06-28-2011 06:12 PM

Oh man this game is gonna be bad ass. It looks like they improved the gun play.Why can't they evolve like this with Call of Duty. I won't buy another COD until they create a new engine. What are we on now the fifth game on the same engine? It's getting ridiculous.

Otter 06-29-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7719617)

I hope they do something to even the playing field better than they did in BF2. I love the BF franchise, it's easily my favorite multiplayer game. A good squad with Ventrillo to boot and I'm occupied for hours but I'll still wait and see how they handle the jets before buying the game at full retail because once EA implements a design it rarely gets changed no matter how much yelling and screaming the player base produces.

If their too overpowering I'll buy it 6 or 12 months down the road for 1/2 price and stick to BC2.

loochy 06-29-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 7721130)
I hope they do something to even the playing field better than they did in BF2. I love the BF franchise, it's easily my favorite multiplayer game. A good squad with Ventrillo to boot and I'm occupied for hours but I'll still wait and see how they handle the jets before buying the game at full retail because once EA implements a design it rarely gets changed no matter how much yelling and screaming the player base produces.

If their too overpowering I'll buy it 6 or 12 months down the road for 1/2 price and stick to BC2.

I think maybe some kind of shoulder mounted AA missile should be in order, but maybe only give the player 1 round so the planes have a chance too. The AT rounds were very difficult to use against choppers and impossible against jets.

Pants 06-29-2011 09:46 AM

I'm more worried about the reported 30 FPS on the consoles, honestly.

loochy 06-29-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7721157)

Heh. F consoles! PC FTW!

Otter 06-29-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Speaking of consoles, do they allow for patches to games after the games been installed?

I don't own a console.

Pants 06-29-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 7721167)
Speaking of consoles, do they allow for patches to games after the games been installed?

I don't own a console.

Yeah, they patch games but no 3rd party mods are allowed. I would totally get this for PC were it not for all my friends playing it on the 360.

dirk digler 06-29-2011 10:03 AM

Holy shit that looks ****ing awesome. Looks like I might have to upgrade my computer to be able to handle this game

loochy 06-29-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7721187)
Holy shit that looks ****ing awesome. Looks like I might have to upgrade my computer to be able to handle this game

Thank God I just built a brand new awesome system. I'm soo ready for this game.

Sofa King 06-29-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7721194)
Thank God I just built a brand new awesome system. I'm soo ready for this game.

What did you get?

How much did it cost you?

I'd like to get a new system sometime soon.

Kraus 06-29-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

I honestly think this will be how MW3 still wins. BF3 was meant to be played on the PC and the console players will get a dumbed down version of it. Meanwhile, MW3 was built for consoles and will sell like crazy. If BF3 really wants to take the throne of top modern shooter, each system should get all the features.

Pants 06-29-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7721214)
I honestly think this will be how MW3 still wins. BF3 was meant to be played on the PC and the console players will get a dumbed down version of it. Meanwhile, MW3 was built for consoles and will sell like crazy. If BF3 really wants to take the throne of top modern shooter, each system should get all the features.

Ehhh, as long as it's fun for us, I don't really care whether they "win". BFBC2 ran on 30FPS and it kind of sucked, honestly. I was hoping BF3 would be better optimized but oh well. BFBC2 was still hella fun for a very long time, so 30 FPS isn't a deal breaker, just one negative amidst a myriad of positives.

Bambi 06-29-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7721214)

I CONSIDER THEM TWO PRETTY DIFFERENT GAMES AT THIS POINT.

sry caps. I will buy and play both (BF3 70%, MW3 30%) something like that I'm sure.

Battlefield takes a much bigger time commitment per session where as COD is more of a jump on, jump off type of game.

I prefer Battlefield because you can still win even with players that aren't exactly "skilled" as long as you work together. When a team is clicking is so awesome to be involved in. Especially when you're giving to a bunch of highly ranked players.

COD is simply a collection of the kids with the best skills and reflexes. Not that that isn't fun sometimes but I think it's a much more individual experience.

Kraus 06-29-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7721272)
I CONSIDER THEM TWO PRETTY DIFFERENT GAMES AT THIS POINT.

sry caps. I will buy and play both (BF3 70%, MW3 30%) something like that I'm sure.

Battlefield takes a much bigger time commitment per session where as COD is more of a jump on, jump off type of game.

I prefer Battlefield because you can still win even with players that aren't exactly "skilled" as long as you work together. When a team is clicking is so awesome to be involved in. Especially when you're giving to a bunch of highly ranked players.

COD is simply a collection of the kids with the best skills and reflexes. Not that that isn't fun sometimes but I think it's a much more individual experience.

WHY ARE WE YELLING? ;)

I agree, and I will still most likely own both games.

loochy 06-29-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7721201)
What did you get?

How much did it cost you?

I'd like to get a new system sometime soon.

It ended up at about $600, but I re-used some stuff from my first machine.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Corsair Force CSSD-F120GB2-BRKT 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive

Plus I already had this stuff:

Hauppauge Colossus HD Video Capture Card

Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W Power Supply

XFX Radeon HD 5850

2x 160 GB Western Digital 7200 rpm HD in Raid 0
1 TB Samsung HD for backup
1 cheapo dvd burner