ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith to Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248696)

Fansy the Famous Bard 08-19-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 7836135)
Who is this Palko everyone keeps talking about?

http://www.americanthinktank.net/wp-...shanefalco.jpg

Mosbonian 08-19-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836041)
Dude.....did Alex Smith **** your mom?

Makes you wonder why he is so adamant...

The Franchise 08-19-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836221)
:spock:
You are calling for him to start if something happens to Cassel. That is a dumb mistake.

If you have seen him play and you still want him anywhere near this team than you are the one who is dumb.

He was benched for Troy Smith who only had 3 carreer TD's in 3 years with the Ravens. He was also outplayed by T. Smith who sucks but wasn't a number 1 draft pick. That is the only reason he is still there.

He should follow the QB he was benched for, and try a different profession.

I would rather see Alex Smith start if Cassel goes down....then watch Palko go out there and completely shit himself.

Wow....he got benched....so therefore he shouldn't play the QB position ever again. Is he the greatest QB ever to play the game? No. But you denying the fact that he has talent....makes you look like a complete douchebag.

Mosbonian 08-19-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 7836198)
If Cassel goes down, the season is down the shitter with Smith as a back up. So why cock block Stanzi?

Because at this point what do we know about Stanzi that makes him a worthy candidate to play in the NFL?

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dsnyfn (Post 7836272)
Makes you wonder why he is so adamant...

Uh, cause I watch a lot of 49er games and have seen him play alot. A

gonefishin53 08-19-2011 02:24 PM

No. Giving up a chance to get another player like Powe late in the 2012 draft isn't worth a 4$million contract and a loser qb with a career 53/51 TD/INT ratio and fumbling issues.

It doesn't make sense to give up $4million and a draft pick for Smith so he can compete with Stanzi for a backup spot.

The Franchise 08-19-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin53 (Post 7836294)
No. Giving up a chance to get another player like Powe late in the 2012 draft isn't worth a 4$million contract and a loser qb with a career 53/51 TD/INT ratio and fumbling issues.

It doesn't make sense to give up $4million and a draft pick for Smith so he can compete with Stanzi for a backup spot.

:facepalm:

Rams Fan 08-19-2011 02:39 PM

I believe if Smith had left SF, he'd be an okay starting QB this season.

The way fans have treated him, Singletary switching from him to Troy Smith and the changes at OC that happened almost every season have not helped him. At all.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836285)
I would rather see Alex Smith start if Cassel goes down....then watch Palko go out there and completely shit himself.

Wow....he got benched....so therefore he shouldn't play the QB position ever again. Is he the greatest QB ever to play the game? No. But you denying the fact that he has talent....makes you look like a complete douchebag.

I don't believe he does have the talent to be a QB. That is the whole point. If you think he does, then good for you. Anyone who is a 49er fan will tell you you are wrong.

He got benched for a young guy who outplayed him and is now out of football. He was benched because he sucks and turned the ball over every freaking game. That is all my point was.

Not trying to be a douchbag, I just have seen firsthand that the guy does not have the talent to play QB in this league. He won't come in off the bench and win anything. It is my opinion and I don't think he is worth any trade.

Rams Fan 08-19-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836221)
:spock:

He was benched for Troy Smith who only had 3 carreer TD's in 3 years with the Ravens. He was also outplayed by T. Smith who sucks but wasn't a number 1 draft pick. That is the only reason he is still there.

Not at all.

First off, Singletary handled the QB situation horribly. He benched Alex Smith for Troy Smith, the first time T. Smith started was against the Rams. He did things to the Rams that shouldn't be done by a shitty backup QB like him. From that point on, Troy Smith had no really good games, only 1 or 2 decent ones at best. And Singletary couldn't make up his mind on who to start or bench, switching Troy and Alex Smith in and out of games frequently.

Alex Smith is still in San Francisco because he's better than Troy Smith and they need someone to start as their backups are Kapernick(a rookie) and Josh McCown.

Rams Fan 08-19-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836384)
I don't believe he does have the talent to be a QB. That is the whole point. If you think he does, then good for you. Anyone who is a 49er fan will tell you you are wrong.

He got benched for a young guy who outplayed him and is now out of football. He was benched because he sucks and turned the ball over every freaking game. That is all my point was.

Not trying to be a douchbag, I just have seen firsthand that the guy does not have the talent to play QB in this league. He won't come in off the bench and win anything. It is my opinion and I don't think he is worth any trade.

No, he was benched because Singletary did what the fans wanted to do.

bevischief 08-19-2011 02:49 PM

Why the hell not if the price is right. We do have Zorn in house.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7836386)
Not at all.

First off, Singletary handled the QB situation horribly. He benched Alex Smith for Troy Smith, the first time T. Smith started was against the Rams. He did things to the Rams that shouldn't be done by a shitty backup QB like him. From that point on, Troy Smith had no really good games, only 1 or 2 decent ones at best. And Singletary couldn't make up his mind on who to start or bench, switching Troy and Alex Smith in and out of games frequently.

Alex Smith is still in San Francisco because he's better than Troy Smith and they need someone to start as their backups are Kapernick(a rookie) and Josh McCown.

Troy Smith really sucked. My point is Alex Smith was even worse. He hasn't had a complete year of starting since 2006, missing more games the past four seasons (35) than he played (29). His 34 fumbles plus his 53 INT does not equal someone you want to tutor your QB.

Rams Fan 08-19-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836454)
Troy Smith really sucked. My point is Alex Smith was even worse. He hasn't had a complete year of starting since 2006, missing more games the past four seasons (35) than he played (29). His 34 fumbles plus his 53 INT does not equal someone you want to tutor your QB.

Look at the 49ers OL and try to tell me they're good. Please.

Mr. Arrowhead 08-19-2011 03:11 PM

People its for a back up job, hes more than suitable to be a back up QB

The Franchise 08-19-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836454)

Who the **** said he was going to tutor anyone? That's Zorn's job.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836492)
Who the **** said he was going to tutor anyone? That's Zorn's job.

What is with your tude? I was talking about Kapernick on the 49ers.

The OP says the 49ers want Kaepernick to learn the ropes from someone other than Smith.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 7836488)
People its for a back up job, hes more than suitable to be a back up QB

Not for a trade. 49er fans laugh that anyone would give them a draft pick for Alex Smith.

Rams Fan 08-19-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836519)
Not for a trade. 49er fans laugh that anyone would give them a draft pick for Alex Smith.

That's because the fans hate him and chanted for Carr. Sort of like people here saying that no team would give up a pick for Cassel.

Brock 08-19-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836519)

I wouldn't care whether they laughed about it or not. Like they're some kind of model organization.

Just Passin' By 08-19-2011 03:25 PM

It would be interesting to see what the required compensation would be.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 03:26 PM

What is funny is the 49ers were talking about bringing in Culpepper. Even they think Culpepper is an upgrade over Smith to backup Kapernick.

Rams Fan 08-19-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836538)
What is funny is the 49ers were talking about bringing in Culpepper. Even they think Culpepper is an upgrade over Smith to backup Kapernick.

Weird, they didn't have a 3rd string QB(McCown is now signed) and Smith is starting.

The Franchise 08-19-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Or the fact that the organization wants nothing to do with Smith because he didn't live up to his hype.

Rasputin 08-19-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 7835491)
Could Jesus help Smith develop?

fyp.

Ummm NO.

Just Passin' By 08-19-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Then why did they sign McCown instead of Culpepper?

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7836523)
That's because the fans hate him and chanted for Carr. Sort of like people here saying that no team would give up a pick for Cassel.

God, I hope Cassel can turn things around and show everyone he is a good QB this year playing the top defenses. But even if he didn't he already showed with the Patriots he can come in as a backup and not lose a game for his team. Alex Smith has never shown that. That is why the fans hate him so much and would rather he headbutt a flaming AIDS tree than play QB even as a backup.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836556)
Or the fact that the organization wants nothing to do with Smith because he didn't live up to his hype.

Yeah, especially passing on Rogers for Smith. Mike Mcarthy is now very happy.

But after they went from Joe Montana to Steve Young it makes me sick to hear them complain about QB's.

xztop12 08-19-2011 03:56 PM

Hahaha some guy named Larry writes an amateur article and it gets 8 pages of posts on here. What an astute bunch you all are.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7836565)
Then why did they sign McCown instead of Culpepper?

Yeah they went with McCown over Culpepper. They are both pretty horrible.

McCown started 31 games in eight seasons in the NFL with four different teams. No matter what the depth chart says, I can't imagine he is ahead of Kapernick when the season starts.

Just Passin' By 08-19-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836620)
Yeah they went with McCown over Culpepper. They are both pretty horrible.

McCown started 31 games in eight seasons in the NFL with four different teams. No matter what the depth chart says, I can't imagine he is ahead of Kapernick when the season starts.

But your claim was that they found Culpepper to be better. Are you saying that the new regime is deliberately passing over the better players in order to keep stiffs (that they didn't even draft) in the starting lineup?

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7836632)
But your claim was that they found Culpepper to be better. Are you saying that the new regime is deliberately passing over the better players in order to keep stiffs (that they didn't even draft) in the starting lineup?

I don't think very many people believed Smith would be on the team when the season started. The Smith experiment in San Fran hasn't worked. So looking at Culpepper, McCown or anyone else would be to backup Kapernick.

No way can Kapernick be worse than Smith or those other scrubs.

Titty Meat 08-19-2011 04:09 PM

If we're going to trade a pick for a QB i'd rather trade for Mike Kafkha.

Just Passin' By 08-19-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836655)
I don't think very many people believed Smith would be on the team when the season started. The Smith experiment in San Fran hasn't worked. So looking at Culpepper, McCown or anyone else would be to backup Kapernick.

No way can Kapernick be worse than Smith or those other scrubs.

Except that, right now, Kapernick is worse than Smith.

The Franchise 08-19-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7836694)

You're not going to talk him out of his hate for all things Alex Smith.

I seriously think Alex Smith ran over his dog or ****ed his mom.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7836694)

Well, according to the OP

"The 49ers drafted a quarterback for their future and now are looking to bring in a veteran quarterback to lead the team for a year and let Colin Kaepernick learn the ropes from someone other than Smith."

They are more ok with Kaepernick learning from McCown than Smith.

My point is if they are not ok with Smith as a backup we shouldn't be either.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836699)

He went to run over my dog, missed and hit a fire hydrant. I posted earlier I wouldn't even let him try and **** my mother cause he would fumble it up and then miss her by 5 yards. ROFL

The Franchise 08-19-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836750)
He went to run over my dog, missed and hit a fire hydrant. I posted earlier I wouldn't even let him try and **** my mother cause he would fumble it up and then miss her by 5 yards. ROFL

Yeah....it was stupid back then when you said it.....anddddddddd it's still stupid now.

RustShack 08-19-2011 04:38 PM

51/53 really isn't that bad for a backup QB. Especially considering hes coming from such a bad and messed up organization. Odds are pretty good that Stanzi will throw more picks than TD's this year just like most rookies would just being thrown out to the wolves. I don't know what his contract is, but I wouldn't be against him being here for insurance for a year or two at MOST until Stanzi has a full grasp on everything. Even if Stanzi had a full offseason here, at least 9/10 times a rookie QB isn't going to be ready to take over.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836752)
Yeah....it was stupid back then when you said it.....anddddddddd it's still stupid now.

I disagree with you. Deal with it. You don't have to be such a ****ing asshole.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7836758)
51/53 really isn't that bad for a backup QB. Especially considering hes coming from such a bad and messed up organization. Odds are pretty good that Stanzi will throw more picks than TD's this year just like most rookies would just being thrown out to the wolves. I don't know what his contract is, but I wouldn't be against him being here for insurance for a year or two at MOST until Stanzi has a full grasp on everything. Even if Stanzi had a full offseason here, at least 9/10 times a rookie QB isn't going to be ready to take over.

It wouldn't be THAT bad if it wasn't a trade. I just think giving up a draft pick for him is a bad idea. Ranks up there with trading Charles for a 3rd. Personally, I think if Cassel goes down, they might as well throw Stanzi out there and see what he can do, cause our season really depends on Cassel anyway.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836699)

You like him so much you should take him home to **** your mom. I'll let you know when I am done with her.

DTLB58 08-19-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 7835489)
2011 NFL Trade Rumors – Alex Smith to Chiefs?

August 18, 2011 08:10 PM EDT

comments: 1

Alex Smith has been given several opportunities to win over the front office and fans of the San Francisco 49ers, but the former NFL first-round draft pick has been inconsistent throughout his career, and it could be time for a change in scenery.

The 49ers drafted a quarterback for their future and now are looking to bring in a veteran quarterback to lead the team for a year and let Colin Kaepernick learn the ropes from someone other than Smith.

The latest trade rumor has Smith being sent to the Kansas City Chiefs in a deal that will give Smith a fresh start, and the Chiefs badly needed backup to Matt Cassel. Kansas City now has just rookie fifth-round draft choice Ricky Stanzi as the teams backup, and an injury to Cassel could be harmful to the team's success in the upcoming NFL season.

The good news for Chiefs fans is that Smith would be a cheap acquisition, and it would give the team some much-needed insurance at the quarterback position. If San Francisco brings in a veteran in the next week or two, look for Smith to become a member of a different team before the season begins.

Link??? What site is this from?

chiefzilla1501 08-19-2011 07:34 PM

This would be an awesome acquisition.

But only because I believe you should always have a backup who can at least not embarrass you when he comes in. Smith will NEVER be starter material. But he's not a bad guy to have for 3-4 games if your starter's out.

KS-Surveyor 08-19-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7835493)
9ers qbs always work out well here.

:clap:

Mr. Kotter 08-19-2011 08:46 PM

We could do worse for a backup quarterback. Justa sayin'. :shrug:

warpaint* 08-19-2011 10:40 PM

I have never seen it w/ A.Smith. It's a blah move if they make it. I like the fact they're allegedly trying to do something about the disaster that is our backup qb situation.

Just Passin' By 08-19-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836730)
Well, according to the OP

"The 49ers drafted a quarterback for their future and now are looking to bring in a veteran quarterback to lead the team for a year and let Colin Kaepernick learn the ropes from someone other than Smith."

They are more ok with Kaepernick learning from McCown than Smith.

My point is if they are not ok with Smith as a backup we shouldn't be either.

Your point has changed several times. However, it's not likely that a team that had drafted Smith as high as they did, and paid him as much as they did, would keep him around in the locker room with him clearly as the #2 guy when he's been the #1 most of his time and is still young. That's just not usually good for team morale, regardless of how good the QB is.

Micjones 08-20-2011 12:11 AM

For a 6th or a 7th round pick, I'd take him.
Has more experience and is a better QB than Palko.

T-post Tom 08-20-2011 12:13 AM

Bring him in. Thomas Jones will whip his ass into shape. :)

salame 08-20-2011 12:37 AM

I prefer to spell it cheefs

Coogs 08-20-2011 08:20 AM

I would be in favor of this. I know Palko's stint on the field ended with 10 points on the board, bet he was also very fortunate to not have a couple of INT's... one of which would have been an easy pick-six.

Stanzi made some nice throws, and missed on a couple that would have made his stock go up a little more. It would be nice to see what he could do with a little more protection up front, instead of the guys who will not make the roster blocking for him.

J Diddy 08-20-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7838782)

and unlike Brody, he's also won a game.

TEX 08-20-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7838782)

This.
Palko's performance was misleading. Sure he scored BUT he was very fortunate not to have thrown a couple of pics that could easily have lead to points the other way. Stanzi looks like he's aiming the ball..

buddha 08-20-2011 09:32 AM

Alex Smith would be a decent #2 QB.

Neither Palko or Stanzi look anywhere close to NFL quality at this point.

The Franchise 08-20-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836831)
You like him so much you should take him home to **** your mom. I'll let you know when I am done with her.

Once again......dumb.

Sure-Oz 08-20-2011 10:04 AM

Bring in Smith for a backup, you have to. Palko and Stanzi have no business getting on the field this year

ForeverChiefs58 08-20-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7839107)
Once again......dumb.

You have been a rude ****ing prick asshole. Apologize, or go cyber **** yourself.

MIAdragon 08-20-2011 10:16 AM

anyone worried that the odd man out would the the Stanz?

The Franchise 08-20-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7839120)
You have been a rude ****ing prick asshole. Apologize, or go cyber **** yourself.

ROFL

Congrats. Thats the first time that anyone has demanded an apology from me over the net.

But yeah......you aren't getting one.

ForeverChiefs58 08-20-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7839128)
ROFL

Congrats. Thats the first time that anyone has demanded an apology from me over the net.

But yeah......you aren't getting one.

ROFL

Hey, at least I made ya laugh. I cracked myself up when I typed it.

ForeverChiefs58 08-20-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 7839126)
anyone worried that the odd man out would the the Stanz?

Stanzi would not be worse than Alex Smith, and we already spent a draft pick on him. If anything happened to Cassel I don't think either one would win very many games with our schedule so might as well let the guy we drafted have a shot.

Everyone should pray our #2 or #3 doesn't play, so might as well let it be our guy vs. someone elses trash that they would love to get rid of.

Former #1 pick with history of INT, fumbles, bad decision making, never a winning record. There is a reason crowds boo him.

Might as well look at Jamarcus Russell too then, at least he wouldn't cost a draft pick.

boogblaster 08-20-2011 10:47 AM

no the jerkoffcus ... no to smith too ... better old QBs out there ....

Chiefs Pantalones 08-20-2011 10:49 AM

All I want for Christmas is a franchise QB.

RedThat 08-20-2011 10:51 AM

Alex Smith? Please.

No thanks. He is junk.

RedThat 08-20-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7839158)
All I want for Christmas is a franchise QB.

Me too. But where do we find one?

Chiefs Pantalones 08-20-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7839162)
Me too. But where do we find one?

The draft. But drafting a QB in the first round is prohibited lol :)

RedThat 08-20-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7839173)
The draft. But drafting a QB in the first round is prohibited lol :)

Yeah. We usually either trade for one or sign one.

milkman 08-20-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7839175)
Yeah. We usually either trade for one or sign one.

No, we don't.

CoMoChief 08-20-2011 12:17 PM

Sometimes Stanzi looks better in the pocket than Cassel.

Arm and throwing mechanics are sure as shit better than Cassel's.

I'd really like to see Stanzi behind a good Oline as opposed to running for his life as soon as the ball is hiked.

KurtCobain 08-20-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7839241)
No, we don't.

You shut your whore mouth.

milkman 08-20-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7839288)
You shut your whore mouth.

What?

We signed a franchise QB off the street back in 1962.

Since that time, we haven't signed, traded for, drafted, or shit a franchise QB.

So, in short, no we don't do jack except dream about franchise QBs.

HemiEd 08-20-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7839348)
What?

Since that time, we haven't signed, traded for, drafted, or shit a franchise QB.

They tried to draft one 28 years ago, reached in a barrel full of tits and pulled out a dick, then traded away their future for one 18 years ago. Other than that, not much.

RedThat 08-20-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7839253)

I'd really like to see Stanzi behind a good Oline as opposed to running for his life as soon as the ball is hiked.

Bang on!

ShowtimeSBMVP 08-20-2011 01:59 PM

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474979971113 is this where you got it?

KurtCobain 08-20-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7839348)
What?

So, in no way possible could Trent Green have been labeled a Franchise QB? What the qualifications for that anyhow?

JD10367 08-20-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7836758)
51/53 really isn't that bad for a backup QB. Especially considering hes coming from such a bad and messed up organization.

This. It's not like Alex Smith has been the starting QB for the Steelers or Patriots or some other solid team, and the whole team was awesome but he sucked and was the only reason they lost.

As has been said: it's to be the backup. Not the starter. If you can bring in a guy, for cheap money, who has already thrown over 50 touchdowns in the NFL, compared to two backups with little experience, it's a no-brainer.

Hell, as a Patriots fan, I'd be more than happy if Belichick traded Brian Hoyer to you guys, and then traded for Alex Smith to be Brady's backup.

MIAdragon 08-20-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7839253)

As would I, I dont think Cassel has much on him other than salary and time in the league.

milkman 08-20-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7839383)
So, in no way possible could Trent Green have been labeled a Franchise QB? What the qualifications for that anyhow?

I liked Green.

He was a very good QB for the Chiefs, and a great fit for the system that Vermeil and Saunders brought to the team.

However, a franchise QB is a guy that takes over games, who makes the people around him better, and isn't as reliant on others to make him better.

That was not Green.

BossChief 08-20-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836556)

You have no idea why they want him gone.

My educated guess is that Harbaugh (who is a damn good guy as far as quarterbacks go) doesn't see the potential in him that the front office did when they resigned him for 4 million for one "lets see what Harbaugh thinks about you" year...with a possibility of adding another million through incentives.

That should be enough to pass on the kid in any trade.

Why would we trade for him anyway?

He doesnt know our offense.
He is a turnover machine
He hasnt developed into a quality player, even if looked at as a backup.
Dudes garbage.

Just the thought of giving up a draft pick and that salary for him makes me :facepalm: