ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Baby kidnapped from home in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250979)

Demonpenz 10-06-2011 12:00 PM

I'm just glad they rulled out Dingo's

ForeverChiefs58 10-06-2011 12:00 PM

Wonder if his work record checks out? If their was a fight between parents before abduction?

ToxSocks 10-06-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 7972365)
And the "Drop her off anywhere." line does seem out of place. But who knows what would go through someone's head had they actually had their child kidnapped...

I disagree.

If I were the parent, I could give a shit about the Perp, I would just want my Child back. The parent is pleading, saying that they're not asking that you turn yourself in, just give us our Child.

Their line of thought is the same as what mine would be. All i want is my kid and that's all that matters right now. Drop her off and run for Mexico for all I care, just give me back my child.

Iowanian 10-06-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7972352)
"Please drop her off anywhere," Jeremy Irwin said calmly during a brief news conference..."

As most have already stated, calm is the last thing you would be with a missing baby somewhere you don't know, with someone you don't know.

Too many variables in the story. I hope everything turns out ok for that babies sake, but this story sounds fishy.

I saw the interview this morning.

I wouldn't have described his demeanor as calm, I would describe it as "trying to hold your shit together on national tv and not cracking causing your wife to freak out"

They followed up the "drop her off anywhere" with a list of places like churches, fire station, police station, hospital...."

it's pretty easy to get scatterbrained under extreme stress. Hell, try balancing the checkbook with 3 kids crying or playing or arguing....let alone not make any mis-steps in word choices during an interview when you've probably not slept for 3 days.

I don't know that these people are innocent, but assuming they are, I feel terrible for them.

blaise 10-06-2011 12:19 PM

Regarding a post above:
A baby may not cry if awoken in the night. They might, but my kids could be asleep and if I picked them up gently and held them right they would stay sleeping, even if I walked around the house with them.

cookster50 10-06-2011 12:19 PM

And I'm pretty sure the baby was conceived by both of them, so it isn't like one person is jealous that someone else's baby is living with them..

cookster50 10-06-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7972402)
Regarding a post above:
A baby may not cry if awoken in the night. They might, but my kids could be asleep and if I picked them up gently and held them right they would stay sleeping, even if I walked around the house with them.

This, if you don't jerk them around, if they are fast asleep they aren't waking, and if they do stir, it usually isn't into full wakefulness.

ToxSocks 10-06-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7972402)
Regarding a post above:

Even if the baby did cry, you probably wouldn't wake up immediately. The few minutes it would take for you to wake up is enough time for the abductor to escape out the window.

cookster50 10-06-2011 12:22 PM

Daddy said the front door was unlocked, so I'm guessing the person just walked out the front door, not out the window. In window, out door.

Iowanian 10-06-2011 12:23 PM

I have a kid not too much older than this one. It's the same as it was with the others.....

Kids fall asleep in the car all of the time, and you can easily take a baby out of a car seat, grab a couple of bags of diapers or groceries, pack the kid into the house, take off your coat and shoes while holding them, change their diaper, put on a sleeper and put them in bed, usually without waking them. Sometimes they open their eyes and consider waking up and then dose back off with a shhhhhhh.

Coogs 10-06-2011 12:24 PM

I thought I heard a couple of days ago that a neighbor (man I think) saw someone walking down the street about 1:30 in the morning with a baby. That in itself is pretty odd. Yet there does not seem to be any follow up reporting on that sighting/info.

tomahawk kid 10-06-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 7972418)
I thought I heard a couple of days ago that a neighbor (man I think) saw someone walking down the street about 1:30 in the morning with a baby. That in itself is pretty odd. Yet there does not seem to be any follow up reporting on that sighting/info.

Supposedly, the cops have no solid leads from that report.

This whole ordeal is really bothering me, as I have small kids at home.

Just a very odd / scary situation.

KCUnited 10-06-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 7972418)

I haven't heard a specific neighborhood this occurred in, just KCMO. I live in KCMO and you see all kinds of things that should be unusual but aren't. Like the guy with one leg pushing an empty wheel chair down the middle of the Paseo. I've seen people walking with babies at all hours of the night.

tomahawk kid 10-06-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7972289)
I've got the most annoying ****ing dog. Barks anytime there is a doorbell or a knock at the door.....but that ****ing thing would be a lifesaver in this situation. My dog would have went apeshit if someone opened my daughters window.

Yep - we had trained our dog to not "freak out" / bark when the doorbell rang etc.

As soon as we brought our oldest daughter home from the hospital, all that went out the window.

Now if someone pulls in the driveway, parks on the street, walks through the front yard (much less rings the doorbell), she's up barking and generally going nuts.

Hell, we've had her get between the kids and the front door in an "attack" position when the pizza man comes to the door.

Titty Meat 10-06-2011 12:40 PM

Seems like an inside job

tomahawk kid 10-06-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 7972436)
I haven't heard a specific neighborhood this occurred in, just KCMO. I live in KCMO and you see all kinds of things that should be unusual but aren't. Like the guy with one leg pushing an empty wheel chair down the middle of the Paseo. I've seen people walking with babies at all hours of the night.

Sounds like its just north of NKC / "Northtown".

ForeverChiefs58 10-06-2011 01:31 PM

The Missouri parents of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin are growing more desperate while police combing the neighborhood and asking to search people's homes have no leads in what they describe as a rare but terrifying crime.

Speaking on "Good Morning America" this morning from outside their home in Kansas City, the girl's mother choked back tears and father Jeremy Irwin repeated their plea for anyone with information on their missing toddler to come forward.

Lisa's mother, Deborah Brandley, described to "GMA" exactly what happened the last time she saw her daughter:

"[She disappeared] between the time she went to bed and time I went to bed," she said through tears. "I gave her her bottle and put her to sleep, and that was the last when we last saw her."

Irwin, who lives with Deborah and her two other children from pervious relationships, described how he returned from work around 4 a.m.

"The windows were open and the lights were on, and she was no where to be found," he said. "We've been going over everything in our minds. We just don't have any idea."

Police Capt. Steve Young said there are no major leads in the case, while Kansas City police and FBI agents continued their investigation and search for the baby. More than 300 law officers have been using helicopters, all-terrain vehicles and door-to-door interviews in the search.

Speaking with ABC News, Lisa's grandmother, Melanie Irwin, pleaded for the girl's return. "Bring her back. We love her, everybody loves her," Irwin said. "She needs her family. She needs her family. They need her."

Lisa was last seen at 10:30 p.m. Monday asleep in her crib at her parents' home. When her father arrived home at 4 a.m. from an overnight shift as an electrician, he discovered that Lisa was missing. The parents immediately called police.

While police initially fixated on a window and screen in the bedroom that appeared to have been tampered with and might have been where a kidnapper entered and exited, they are not certain such was the case.

"We are interviewing family and friends just to eliminate everyone's that close to the family as suspects," Officer Darin Snapp said.

He described the family's neighborhood as a "middle-class, very quiet neighborhood."

Ernie Allen of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children said that infant abduction cases are relatively rare. There have been 278 documented cases in which newborns or infants have been abducted since 1983.

Forty-six percent, or 128 cases, involved instances in which the children were taken from health care locations, hospitals, for instance. Forty percent, or 112 cases, involved children taken from homes. Of the total 278 cases, children were returned home safely in 266 instances.

"The typical profile of the abductor of an infant is a woman, usually an emotionally disturbed woman who has lost a child or wants a child for some reason," Allen told ABC News.

Brandley clutched a Barney stuffed doll Wednesday and pleaded for the life of her missing girl. "We just want our baby back," Lisa's mother said through sobs and tears while hugging the plush toy. "Please. Bring her home. Our two other boys are waiting for her."

"On Monday night or Tuesday morning, our daughter Lisa was taken from our home and we just urge anyone with any information as to where she is or who she's with to please call the tip hotline or the police," said Lisa's father Jeremy Irwin in a trembling voice. "Anything, even the smallest bit of information, could help lead to her return.

"Anybody that might have her, they can drop her off anyplace safe, fire station, hospital church, no questions asked," Irwin said.

Anyone with information on Lisa's disappearance should call the Kansas City Police Department hotline at 816-474-TIPS.

crazycoffey 10-06-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 7971761)
The cell phone thing is just strange. So at 4am, someone entered the child's room through a window, grabbed 3 cell phones, and left without anyone noticing? Don't most people sleep with their cell phones close by? Story just seems fishy to me...

It's the sad reality of this world that I automatically distrust the parents. But I feel like 9 out of 10 times, the parents end up having something to do with a child's disappearance like this one. I hope I'm wrong.

someone slipped into my dad's house in Belize, took a bunch of money and computers even out of dad's bedroom while he and his woman were sleeping. It's ballsy and unheralded but it is entirely possible for someone to sneak in an open window and not wake you up.

cabletech94 10-06-2011 01:36 PM

this story upset me.
i didn't think much about it until i saw the interview with the parents. man, i hope this turns out positive soon.

Inspector 10-06-2011 02:15 PM

If it were my kid and they ever caught the guy, I might be tempted to hire the best lawyer I could to ensure the perp never went to jail where he'd be protected behind those walls and barbed wire fence.

ForeverChiefs58 10-06-2011 02:17 PM

I saw a video earlier that showed the child's bedroom was in the front of the house facing the street. I had just assumed it was in the back of the house with less visability.

Wonder why the mom says she was taken while she was still awake?

This story will bug me and drive me crazy until that little girl is safe with her family.

Iowanian 10-06-2011 02:18 PM

I don't think that is what she meant.

Coogs 10-06-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 7972432)
Supposedly, the cops have no solid leads from that report.

Ok, thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 7972436)
I've seen people walking with babies at all hours of the night.

I guess I am just too used to small town life. That would be pretty unusual where I live.

Chiefnj2 10-06-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7972594)
I saw a video earlier that showed the child's bedroom was in the front of the house facing the street. I had just assumed it was in the back of the house with less visability.

Wonder why the mom says she was taken while she was still awake?

This story will bug me and drive me crazy until that little girl is safe with her family.

I think she probably misspoke and the article is piecing together parts of the conversation. She most likely wanted to say the child disappeared "between the time she and I went to bed and the time my husband came home."

ForeverChiefs58 10-06-2011 02:26 PM

I am sure the police have interviewed the father of her other two children, I would think he would be a prime suspect as well.

RockChalk 10-06-2011 02:32 PM

105 posts in and nobody has suggested these two yet...

http://idiotflashback.files.wordpres...imagelarge.jpg

Saulbadguy 10-06-2011 02:50 PM

On a positive note, they could produce a similar one in less than 2 years.

Demonpenz 10-06-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7972661)
On a positive note, they could produce a similar one in less than 2 years.

I don't know what this is supposed to mean, have alittle class dude. It's the ****ing catalina wine mixer.

Radar Chief 10-06-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 7972621)

There’s what’s right and there’s what’s right and never the twain shall meet. /H.I.

Farzin 10-06-2011 06:52 PM

Parents are no longer cooperating with detectives.

O.city 10-06-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farzin (Post 7973116)

Something sounds a little fishy about this now that that has happened.

Old Dog 10-06-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 7973119)
Something sounds a little fishy about this now that that has happened.

Yep, even moreso than it did before. I certainly hope a lot of us are thinking wrongly though. I'm obviously not the only one thinking the parents have something to do with it.

O.city 10-06-2011 07:02 PM

It's just a weird situation. I mean someone broke into their house and stole the cell phones....and a baby? What? It just seems that there is something going on there.

Titty Meat 10-06-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Told you it was an inside job. I could tell by how that father was reacting this morning.

HonestChieffan 10-06-2011 07:22 PM

Very Weird.

Bugeater 10-06-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7972409)
Even if the baby did cry, you probably wouldn't wake up immediately. The few minutes it would take for you to wake up is enough time for the abductor to escape out the window.

You're making it sound way too effortless. Have you ever crawled through a window? If so, have you ever crawled through a window with a freaking baby in your hand? I haven't, but I'm guessing it's going to be fairly difficult, if not impossible, to do it swiftly and quietly.

Yeah, the story is absolutely bullshit.

FAX 10-06-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

That sounds ominous.

FAX

Dayze 10-06-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 7972621)

"Welcome home, Son.........where's he been"? (inquisitive)

ForeverChiefs58 10-06-2011 07:49 PM

"He came home to find an open window, an unlocked front door and lights turned on."

This was a strange story. Quite a few things that smell fishy. Reminds me of the Haley Cummings case in Florida. Very simular.

Dad's demeanor is very suspicous in this video:
<script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.kpho.com/global/video/videoplayer.js?rnd=615626;hostDomain=www.kpho.com;playerWidth=630;playerHeight=355;isShowIcon=true;c lipId=6323800;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=Video%2520Player;advertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingP age=;islandingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType=overlay'></script>

O.city 10-06-2011 07:49 PM

Heard today from someone that the police are now suspecting the mother. The baby apparently had been sick lately and the thinking is the mother had enough of the crying.

Hope not true but who knows at this point.

007 10-06-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7973214)
You're making it sound way too effortless. Have you ever crawled through a window? If so, have you ever crawled through a window with a freaking baby in your hand? I haven't, but I'm guessing it's going to be fairly difficult, if not impossible, to do it swiftly and quietly.

Yeah, the story is absolutely bullshit.

clear your PMs please

Lex Luthor 10-06-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 7973226)
Heard today from someone that the police are now suspecting the mother. The baby apparently had been sick lately and the thinking is the mother had enough of the crying.

When I saw the mother crying on TV last night it made me think of that bitch Susan Smith (she drowned her two sons in her car and claimed that they had been kidnapped).

I hope that's not the case, because that means the other two kids in the family are ****ed.

Brock 10-06-2011 07:58 PM

Yeah, I figured it was going to end up being something like this.

KcMizzou 10-06-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7973246)
Yeah, I figured it was going to end up being something like this.

Yep. How often do babies get snatched from their beds in the middle of the night? Had to know this wasn't going to end well.

Titty Meat 10-06-2011 08:03 PM

Fox 4 just tried to interview them some relative said they aren't talking and have a deal with the national media? This is wacky shit.

Titty Meat 10-06-2011 08:05 PM

The family went and got a lawyer. We know where this is going....

Saulbadguy 10-06-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7973242)
clear your PMs please

That's kind of an eerie response. Do you have tips to PM him on how to accomplish this task?

ForeverChiefs58 10-06-2011 08:06 PM

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The parents of a missing 10-month-old Missouri girl are no longer cooperating with authorities, and their claims that whoever took their daughter stole their cellphones hasn't produce any leads, police said Thursday night.

Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, who said their daughter, Lisa, was snatched from her crib sometime Monday night or early Tuesday, had been cooperative since reporting her missing. But they changed course Thursday, Kansas City police spokesman Steve Young said.

"Tonight, they decided to stop talking to detectives, and I don't have to illustrate how that affects the investigation. That speaks for itself," he said.

He reiterated that investigators still have no suspects. A cousin of the baby's mother who has been acting as a spokesman for the family declined to comment to The Associated Press after Young's announcement Thursday evening.

During a tearful news conference Thursday morning, Irwin and Bradley had described how they frantically searched their home for any sign of their daughter after her father came home from work early Tuesday and she wasn't in her crib.

They said they found an open window, an unlocked front door and house lights blazing, and later discovered that their three cellphones were gone.

"They told us three cellphones were missing. It hasn't produced anything we can go forward with," Young said. "The investigation is directed and handled by hard information."

Investigators focused their search Thursday on a heavily wooded area, sewers and an industrial park. About 100 officers were scouring the industrial area and adjacent woods, while others were lifting drain covers and crawling inside.

But after the evening news conference, police spokesman Darin Snapp sent out a news release saying they believed they had done everything they could "regarding geographic searches" and were shutting down the command post about a mile from the home. Snapp said police "will continue tracking leads as we get them or develop additional information."

Police did not return messages seeking additional comment Thursday night.

Earlier in the day, a relative said Lisa's parents have given police more than a dozen names as they try to think of potential suspects or people who paid especially close attention to the child.

"We're scraping for anything, anyone who was at the house, who looked at her strange. Anything," said Mike Lerette, a cousin of the baby's mother.

Irwin said he immediately knew something was wrong when he returned home from work about 4 a.m. Tuesday. He checked on their other children, 6-year-old and 8-year-old boys, then went to Lisa's room and discovered her gone.

"I said, `What do you mean she is not in her crib?'" said Bradley, who had checked on her daughter about five hours earlier. "I just knew, you know, that something was really wrong. We ran around the house and screaming for her, but she was nowhere."

Bradley said that's when they discovered the phones had been taken, guessing it was to delay them from calling police. As she hugged her crying sons, Bradley said, Irwin checked outside and eventually contacted police.

"All I can think of is that maybe somebody wanted a baby," she said.

Lisa has blue eyes and blonde hair, is 30 inches tall and weighs around 28 pounds. She was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with pictures of white kittens.

Authorities have used search dogs to go over the family's home and nearby woods, helicopters, all-terrain vehicles and door-to-door interviews with neighbors.

Police have said one possibility was that someone entered the home through a front window and snatched the baby, but they haven't pointed to any sign of forced entry.

Irwin said the abduction has been especially hard on Lisa's older brothers, who constantly ask if their sister has been found.

"We tell them, `Not yet, not yet,'" Irwin said. "It's the only thing we can think to tell them."

Valiant 10-06-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7973253)
Fox 4 just tried to interview them some relative said they aren't talking and have a deal with the national media? This is wacky shit.

Yeah abcnews is saying they are refusing to cooperate with the police now..

edit.. they changed the title and wording..

Bugeater 10-06-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7973263)
That's kind of an eerie response. Do you have tips to PM him on how to accomplish this task?

Yes, very good ones in fact. Would you like me to forward them to you?

Saulbadguy 10-06-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7973273)
Yes, very good ones in fact. Would you like me to forward them to you?

Yes, please.

Deberg_1990 10-06-2011 08:49 PM

Casey Anthony Part II Oh joy!

Al Bundy 10-06-2011 08:52 PM

http://www.nbcactionnews.com//dpp/ne...ews-conference

Mojo Rising 10-06-2011 09:01 PM

How did the Dad come home from work after the crime, but his cell was stolen during the crime? Wouldn't he of had his cell at work?

Saulbadguy 10-06-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 7973354)
How did the Dad come home from work after the crime, but his cell was stolen during the crime? Wouldn't he of had his cell at work?

Answer: His kid is dead, he or his wife killed it

Bugeater 10-06-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

It was probably pesky little questions like that one that caused the family to stop cooperating.

SAUTO 10-06-2011 09:26 PM

I dont take mine to work.

But my kids are at home.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcfanXIII 10-06-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 7973406)
I dont take mine to work.

But my kids are at home.
Posted via Mobile Device

id say you are in the extreme minority here.

4th and Long 10-06-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Allegedly, they left them on the kitchen table because they were in the process of reprogramming them, or some such shit.

Mojo Rising 10-06-2011 11:35 PM

The cell phones hold the answer. Many now have GPS. They would also record where and when they were turned off at the cell tower...and the cell carriers mainframe.

As a dad myself, I remember when I had a newborn and trust me, my wife would have made sure I had my cell at my side at all times. Newborn gets sick and who will watch the other kids. When do you ever re-program 3 phones at once?

On a side note to all who have gone totally wireless. Look what can happen. If they had a landline they could have called 911 more quickly. It's only $20/mo.

Earthling 10-07-2011 05:07 AM

The whole cell phone issue is weird. How many minutes would it take to get to the neighbors to use a phone of theirs? 120 seconds maybe?? So the whole idea of thinking it would be a "stalling for time" thing doesn't add up.
Also, I can't imagine anyone who broke in to kidnap the baby would be thinking of ANYTHING other than getting out asap without the baby waking up. Who the hell would be turning on lights and looking for something else to nab since they were there already??
This is really starting to stink.

luv 10-07-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 7973682)
The whole cell phone issue is weird. How many minutes would it take to get to the neighbors to use a phone of theirs? 120 seconds maybe?? So the whole idea of thinking it would be a "stalling for time" thing doesn't add up.
Also, I can't imagine anyone who broke in to kidnap the baby would be thinking of ANYTHING other than getting out asap without the baby waking up. Who the hell would be turning on lights and looking for something else to nab since they were there already??
This is really starting to stink.

If the father didn't have anything to do with it, then the mother did. JMO

durtyrute 10-07-2011 07:10 AM

Something is very strange about this whole thing.

luv 10-07-2011 07:11 AM

Title of article is "KCPD Says Missing Baby's Parents No Longer Cooperating" but it doesn't really say how they're not. Weird.

Quote:

(Kansas City, MO) -- Kansas City police say the parents of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin are no longer cooperating with investigators.

Capt. Steve Young said the parents had been cooperative with investigators until Thursday night but that changed.

"It doesn't help the investigation," he said.

Authorities have been searching for three days for the baby whose parents say was abducted from their Northland home. The search Thursday included heavily wooded areas, an industrial park and the sewers.

Dozens of officers searched the industrial park and adjacent woods in the area of Jackson Avenue and NE 34th Street Thursday morning. Some searchers were seen lifting sewer drain covers and looking inside.

Kansas City Water Department employees assisted in the search of manholes.

The parents of the missing baby, Lisa Irwin, answered questions from reporters Thursday morning about their daughter. This included making televised appearances on the national morning shows.

They said their cell phones were stolen but that nothing else appears to be missing from their home.

They also described the desperate few moments when they discovered that their daughter was missing from her crib inside their home in the 3600 block of North Lister Avenue.

They frantically searched their home but discovered only an open window, an unlocked front door and lights turned on.

"It is like they just walked in and just disappeared," Lisa's mother, Deborah Bradley, said.

Jeremy Irwin said he immediately knew something was wrong when he returned home from work early Tuesday.

Irwin said he came home from his overnight shift around 4 a.m. Tuesday. He noticed a first-floor window open in the front of the house. After checking on his sons, 6 and 8, he went to the bedroom of his daughter, Lisa, and noticed her missing. Bradley said she ran through the house screaming for her daughter but there was no answer.

Lisa's parents said they can't think of anyone who would abduct their child and that no one had shown an unusual interest in her before she was taken. Lisa's mother broke down as she said she could only think that someone snatched her child because they wanted a baby.

"She is everything. She is my little girl," Bradley said. "She means everything to our boys... We can't live without her."

Police conducted checkpoints in the neighborhood during the overnight hours Wednesday, hoping to catch possible witnesses up in the time frame when authorities believe Lisa was taken.

Police said they have followed up on nearly 50 leads between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.

Crime scene technicians in white suits on Wednesday are combing the parents' Northland home and backyard for clues in an effort to find Lisa. Agents focused on a first-floor window through which the family believes the kidnapper entered the home.

Dogs are also being used in an effort to find the girl's scent. Officers on all-terrain vehicles searched a sandpit north of Highway 210 Wednesday afternoon.

A Kansas City patrol car is stationed outside Lisa's home around-the-clock.

Police issued an Amber Alert about 7:15 a.m., about three hours after her parents said they discovered her missing. The parents said the girl was snatched from her crib as she was sleeping.

Detectives met early Wednesday morning to determine the next step in the investigation. The couple's older sons are being watched by neighbors.

Young on Wednesday said the parents are assisting detectives.

"Nobody knows more about what's going on in that house than the parents do," Young said.

More than 300 residents who live in the area have consented to have their homes voluntarily searched, he said.

Authorities said the suspect entered through a bedroom window and snatched the baby from her bed as she was sleeping.

She was last seen on Monday around 10:30 p.m. when her mother put her to bed in a crib, police said. Her father is an electrician and he arrived home from an overnight shift about 4 a.m. He discovered Lisa missing and frantically called police.

According to police, it appears the suspect entered and exited through a bedroom window. Young said a first-floor window appeared to have been tampered with. Police waited more than three hours to issue the Amber Alert because they wanted to interview family members and ensure their stories checked out.

Lisa has blue eyes and blonde hair. She is 30 inches tall and weighs between 26 and 30 pounds.

Lisa was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it.

Lisa is described as having two bottom teeth, a small bug bite under her left ear, a beauty mark on her right outer thigh and currently has a cold with a cough.

Anyone with information is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.

Deberg_1990 10-07-2011 07:18 AM

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/06...h-missing.html

This story says the hubby started to get "testy" with all the questioning and the mom failed a lie detector test.

Coogs 10-07-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 7973226)

I was watching Fox4 this morning. They reported that the mother supposedly failed a polygraph test.

mlyonsd 10-07-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 7973799)
I was watching Fox4 this morning. They reported that the mother supposedly failed a polygraph test.

The mother admitted she failed the test this morning on NBC.

Deberg_1990 10-07-2011 07:24 AM

Im sure "privately" investigators have suspected the parents all along, they just have no concrete evidence to say anything public about it.

Iowanian 10-07-2011 07:30 AM

That's an interesting turn.

It wouldn't be too tough to find out if dad was at work during his shift, and I'd think a 6 and 8 year old kid would know if they had seen their sister at bed time.

Did she fail the test on questions about the child or "have you been cheating on your husband".

ForeverChiefs58 10-07-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7973815)
That's an interesting turn.

It wouldn't be too tough to find out if dad was at work during his shift, and I'd think a 6 and 8 year old kid would know if they had seen their sister at bed time.

Did she fail the test on questions about the child or "have you been cheating on your husband".

Apparently, that night the dad worked overtime, it was the first time ever he had worked overtime.

OnTheWarpath15 10-07-2011 08:36 AM

New AP story:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/state-a...c911f4809.html

Quote:

The mother of a 10-month-old girl who went missing from their Kansas City home said police told her she failed a lie detector test and accused her of being involved in her baby's disappearance.

Deborah Bradley said Friday that police never showed her the results of the test.

Bradley denied knowing anything about what happened to her daughter, Lisa Irwin. Bradley and the baby's father, Jeremy Irwin, say Lisa was abducted from her crib late Monday or early Tuesday.

"They said I failed (a polygraph test)," Bradley, 25, told the Associated Press. "And I continued to say that's not possible because I don't know where she's at and I did not do this."

Irwin, 28, said he also offered to take a test but that police said that was not necessary.

Kansas City police spokesman Steve Young declined to comment Thursday on whether the parents have been tested, citing the ongoing investigation.

Bradley and Irwin held hands and teared up several times during the 20-minute interview. They reiterated that their main focus "is to bring Lisa home."

"We need her. We have to have her. She's our link that ties everybody together," Irwin said.

They said police have treated them like suspects and that Bradley in particular has been preparing for the possibility of charges being filed against her.

The mother said detectives told her: "'You did it. You did it. And we have nothing.'"

Irwin, an electrician, says he returned from work around 4 a.m. Tuesday and discovered Lisa was missing. Bradley says she last checked on the child around 10:30 p.m. and that when Lisa disappeared she was asleep in her bed with her 6-year-old son and a stray kitten they found earlier in the day.

The parents say they discovered their front door unlocked, a window open and house lights blazing, lending credence to the theory that the baby may have been snatched by an intruder.

"The main problem I think that we're facing is that everybody (else) has an alibi," Irwin said. "I was at work. I've been cleared. All these other people we were worried about ... the FBI said they've been cleared. The only one you can't clear is the mother that's at home when it happens `cause there's nobody else there."

On Thursday, police told reporters that Bradley and Irwin were no longer cooperating with authorities in their investigations, but the family later released a statement insisting they had never stopped.

The parents reasserted their commitment to the investigation Friday, saying they are not angry with how things have gone and that they understand police have a difficult job to do.

"Don't get me wrong. I understand why they did what they did," Bradley said. "You see stuff like this everywhere. You watch the TV, and there's some crazy person doing something insane. There's been too many times stuff has happened. They have to assume what's worst ... but it felt like it was taken really, really far."

Bradley said, "I'm still not angry."

The parents also said their three cellphones had been stolen, but Young said the missing phones had not produced any leads.

Investigators focused their search Thursday on a heavily wooded area, sewers and an industrial park. About 100 officers scoured the industrial area and adjacent woods, while others were lifting drain covers and crawling inside.

But by Thursday evening authorities announced they were shutting down the command post about a mile from the family home. Police spokesman Darin Snapp sent out a news release saying authorities believed they had done everything they could "regarding geographic searches."

Lisa has blue eyes and blonde hair, is 30 inches tall and weighs around 28 pounds. She was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with pictures of white kittens.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

luv 10-07-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7973807)
Im sure "privately" investigators have suspected the parents all along, they just have no concrete evidence to say anything public about it.

I've suspected the mom having something to do with it since the beginning. Just too many weird things that would only make sense if she was involved. I think it would be harder to get evidence that way, too. Main thing would be why. They've got to find motive.

Demonpenz 10-07-2011 08:49 AM

TBS has a made for tv move in the works
Mellisa Joan Hart as the Mom
Tim Mcgraw as the dad
Nick Van Excel as the baby

Dave Lane 10-07-2011 09:04 AM

Yep babies don't get abducted at 4 in the morning from homes.

BigCatDaddy 10-07-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 7973997)
Yep babies don't get abducted at 4 in the morning from homes.

Yep, that honor is reserved for 14 year old girls.

Dartgod 10-07-2011 10:00 AM

****ing submit reply button too close to the up button on the mobile sites.

Posted via Mobile Device

RockChalk 10-07-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 7974139)
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice take :D

frankotank 10-07-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 7971852)
In case you aren't in the KC area, the weather here has been great to leave windows open at night.

yeah I live here and I understand what you're saying. where I live (small town dead end road), and having a dog, I wouldn't worry about leaving that window open with my 10 month old sleeping in there. where I used to live...I don't think I'd have fealt comefortable leaving that window open.....

Dave Lane 10-07-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 7974119)
Yep, that honor is reserved for 14 year old girls.

Exactly, by their boyfriends.

Discuss Thrower 10-07-2011 10:30 AM

Casey Anthony II: Electric Boogaloo...?

/hurr hurt mouth breathing humor