ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News RIP Steve Jobs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250986)

Spott 10-05-2011 07:14 PM

Too bad. The dude was good all the way to the core.

Hammock Parties 10-05-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7970761)
the iPod is so dominate Microsoft just killed the Zune

I have a 30GB Zune, and I love it.

And it only cost me $70.

Eat shit, jobs. Or eat yourself, I guess. Wait, you can't eat.

Bewbies 10-05-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 7970762)
Hmm.. The Creative Nomad Jukebox = Sabby Piscitelli?

There's no way it was that bad. :D

BigRichard 10-05-2011 07:18 PM

You guys are talking about the iphone and ipad but him and the Waz started the mass market for the home pc. If they had not done what they had done back then I don't think we would be where we are at with any technology.

chiefzilla1501 10-05-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griZZly64 (Post 7970575)
One less greedy mother****er. Maybe more of them will pass so they can quit hoardin all the money.

You're a ****ing idiot. Apple create more than 75,000 jobs a year, most in the U.S. He completely raised the bar for American technology.

AustinChief 10-05-2011 07:19 PM

I know it's not very nice to speak ill of the dead... but Jobs was NOT a good human being by any stretch of the imagination...

Here is one of my favorite stories exemplifying what kind of person he REALLY was...

Quote:

Bushnell put out the word at Atari that he would pay anyone who could design the game and reduce the number of ICs that it used, $100 per IC removed from the design. Steve Jobs, at the time a low-paid technician at Atari, accepted the challenge. He originally attempted to work on the design himself, but soon found himself in way over his head. He then brought in his friend Steve Wozniak, who liked to hang out at Atari and playtest the new games as they rolled off the assembly lines.

Woz and Jobs stayed up for four days working on the design. Woz would work on the game at night, take a small catnap, go to work at his day job at Hewlett-Packard, and then return home at night to resume work on the design. In the end, Woz reduced the design down to 42 ICs, and both he and Jobs contracted mono from staying up for four days straight working on it. Jobs received a $5,000 bonus and told Woz it was only $700 and gave Steve Wozniak his '50%'... $350.
Stealing over $2000 from his "friend" who did ALL the work... That's a pretty huge chunk of money for a mid-level engineer in 1976.

AustinChief 10-05-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 7970773)
You guys are talking about the iphone and ipad but him and the Waz started the mass market for the home pc. If they had not done what they had done back then I don't think we would be where we are at with any technology.

Let's be clear here... WOZ created .. Jobs just took credit.

RealSNR 10-05-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 7970722)
Who cares, he revolutionized them and made them accessible to the masses.

By creating a product that was more expensive he was making the technology accessible to the masses LMAO

Listen, I give him full credit for his marketing ideas and product concepts. The dude knew what people wanted out of electronic devices and he made it happen for them. He's an INSANELY smart and intelligent businessman, and made shit that millions of people love. That's impressive, it really is. Congrats. But he's not a ****ing hero, and he didn't make my life any better by building all the gadgets he sold.

I've owned one Apple product in my entire life-- this MacBook I'm typing on right now. I love it. But if Steve Jobs never existed, I probably would have just simply bought another laptop.

JFC, what's next? Did Johannes Gutenberg write the ****ing Bible?

Chiefspants 10-05-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970775)
I know it's not very nice to speak ill of the dead... but Jobs was NOT a good human being by any stretch of the imagination...

Here is one of my favorite stories exemplifying what kind of person he REALLY was...

Stealing over $2000 from his "friend" who did ALL the work... That's a pretty huge chunk of money for a mid-level engineer in 1976.

I don't know, in my opinion, there's a pretty large gap between the Steve Jobs of the 70's/80's and the Steve Jobs of the 2000's.

AustinChief 10-05-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 7970778)
I don't know, in my opinion, there's a pretty large gap between the Steve Jobs of the 70's/80's and the Steve Jobs of the 2000's.

Once a thief always a thief... it's a character thing... just because he got rich and didn't have to steal doesn't make him a good person... sorry, but true.

Silock 10-05-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970775)

People NEVER change when they grow up. Fact.

Silock 10-05-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970780)
Once a thief always a thief... it's a character thing... just because he got rich and didn't have to steal doesn't make him a good person... sorry, but true.

Just because you read a few anecdotes of him that don't paint him particularly well doesn't mean you know him and whether or not he was a good person. Sorry, but true.

dirk digler 10-05-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7970764)

I am glad you and the 10 other people that bought Zunes like it :)

AustinChief 10-05-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7970782)
People NEVER change when they grow up. Fact.

pretty much true. bad people may stop doing bad things... but they are still bad people. It is BEYOND rare that the core character of a person changes after they have reached adulthood. FACT

Hammock Parties 10-05-2011 07:30 PM

It's OK Steve. Where you are going won't have gates or windows.

Urc Burry 10-05-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7970764)

And it only cost me $70.

Eat shit, jobs. Or eat yourself, I guess. Wait, you can't eat.

There is a reason you got it for $70 bucks.. When they first came out they were the same price as the similar ipods

Silock 10-05-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970789)
pretty much true. bad people may stop doing bad things... but they are still bad people. It is BEYOND rare that the core character of a person changes after they have reached adulthood. FACT

You didn't know him personally. I didn't know him personally. He may have been an asshole. He may not have been.

But Woz obviously didn't feel overly wronged by it, as they continued their relationship up until the time Jobs died. So, I'm not exactly why you're angrier about it than the guy who got screwed. We don't know what happened between them since that incident. Maybe Jobs said "Hey, I was a real asshole. Let me make it up to you." I don't know.

That really has no bearing on his amazing tech and business accomplishments, though.

Hammock Parties 10-05-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 7970799)
There is a reason you got it for $70 bucks.. When they first came out they were the same price as the similar ipods

Yeah, because it was Christmas and it was a newegg sale, dumbass.

Good luck getting a 30GB iPod for $70.

AustinChief 10-05-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7970785)
Just because you read a few anecdotes of him that don't paint him particularly well doesn't mean you know him and whether or not he was a good person. Sorry, but true.

Nor do you know him to be a good person. At least I have a great deal more evidence showing him to have been a prick than you have showing him to be decent.

Quote:

After resuming control of Apple in 1997, Jobs eliminated all corporate philanthropy programs.
Quote:

One former manager, for example, recalled that Jobs told an entire team of engineers they would be losing their jobs right after they came back from Christmas vacation.

Deberg_1990 10-05-2011 07:36 PM

:facepalm:

Im sure most of us on here know Jobs about as well as we know Tom Cruise.

Saulbadguy 10-05-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7970717)

heh

AustinChief 10-05-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7970813)
:facepalm:

Im sure most of us on here know Jobs about as well as we know Tom Cruise.

You don't have to know a person to know what they have done and how those actions make them the kind of person they are...

Why are people making excuses for this guy? Seriously.

I'll give him credit, he may have been the most effective cult leader of all time. He certainly controlled his public image better then anyone I have ever heard of.

Demonpenz 10-05-2011 07:40 PM

Steve Jobs did alot of bad things, Did alot of great things, now he is dead. -Atchison Times

Saulbadguy 10-05-2011 07:40 PM

Has anyone heard from "The Rick" yet? Poor guy is probably sobbing in a closet somewhere.

Demonpenz 10-05-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970818)
You don't have to know a person to know what they have done and how those actions make them the kind of person they are...

Why are people making excuses for this guy? Seriously.

I'll give him credit, he may have been the most effective cult leader of all time. He certainly controlled his public image better then anyone I have ever heard of.

People were really down on mother theresa's actions early in her career, then after she died she was loved ball all.

AustinChief 10-05-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7970819)
Steve Jobs did alot of bad things, Did alot of great things, now he is dead. -Atchison Times

once again the Atchison Times nails it!

chiefzilla1501 10-05-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7970777)
By creating a product that was more expensive he was making the technology accessible to the masses LMAO

Listen, I give him full credit for his marketing ideas and product concepts. The dude knew what people wanted out of electronic devices and he made it happen for them. He's an INSANELY smart and intelligent businessman, and made shit that millions of people love. That's impressive, it really is. Congrats. But he's not a ****ing hero, and he didn't make my life any better by building all the gadgets he sold.

I've owned one Apple product in my entire life-- this MacBook I'm typing on right now. I love it. But if Steve Jobs never existed, I probably would have just simply bought another laptop.

JFC, what's next? Did Johannes Gutenberg write the ****ing Bible?

You couldn't be more wrong. Do you know what critical mass is? It means until X number of people start using your technology, nobody jumps on board. It's why people were afraid to buy HD DVDs.

He accelerated innovation in the PC industry. Introduced PCs to the mass market. Created a user-friendly interface that inspired Windows. When more people start using PCs, then other developers (e.g. software developers) become more likely to want to use your product.

He created critical mass for mp3's. You wouldn't have been able to buy a ****ing Zune without the iPod, because music producers wouldn't have wasted their time converting their entire library music to a platform nobody was using (except illegally).

He innovated the iPhone. No iPhone, likely no Droid either.

He innovated the iPad, creating a revolution in touchpads.

So if you like using computers (with Windows or a similar software), enjoy touchscreen phones with apps, enjoy touchpads, or enjoy being able to download mp3's, and not just albums but individual songs as well... then yes, Jobs most certainly made your life better.

Hammock Parties 10-05-2011 07:42 PM

http://i.imgur.com/pB9hF.png

http://i51.tinypic.com/33c5ixs.jpg

Silock 10-05-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970808)
Nor do you know him to be a good person. At least I have a great deal more evidence showing him to have been a prick than you have showing him to be decent.

None of that makes him a prick (Edit: in that we don't know for a fact that this is a 100% accurate portrayal of the person that he was recently).

"After resuming control of Apple in 1997, Jobs eliminated all corporate philanthropy programs."

So? They provide tons of jobs for people. They partnered with RED (and were the largest donator). Just because he doesn't do it publicly and mandate that the company do it doesn't mean he's a prick. It just means it's not public.

"One former manager, for example, recalled that Jobs told an entire team of engineers they would be losing their jobs right after they came back from Christmas vacation.'

Oh no! People got fired. This happens. Sucks to have it happen around the holidays, but would they have rather not known and gone out and spent a ton of money lavishly, only to come back to no job?

listopencil 10-05-2011 07:48 PM

De mortuis nihil nisi bonum

RIP

AustinChief 10-05-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7970830)
None of that makes him a prick.

"After resuming control of Apple in 1997, Jobs eliminated all corporate philanthropy programs."

So? They provide tons of jobs for people. They partnered with RED (and were the largest donator). Just because he doesn't do it publicly and mandate that the company do it doesn't mean he's a prick. It just means it's not public.

"One former manager, for example, recalled that Jobs told an entire team of engineers they would be losing their jobs right after they came back from Christmas vacation.'

Oh no! People got fired. This happens. Sucks to have it happen around the holidays, but would they have rather not known and gone out and spent a ton of money lavishly, only to come back to no job?

Come on man.. you are taking an indefensible position... ALMOST EVERYONE who worked with him said he was a huge asshole... combine that with the fact that he was a thief...

If you can't tell.. I ****ing HATE thieves. No way to excuse what he did as an ADULT... it's not like he was 12.

teedubya 10-05-2011 07:50 PM

iSad. :-(

Bugeater 10-05-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7970830)

Uhhh...that's what it sounds like happened.

Silock 10-05-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970836)
Come on man.. you are taking an indefensible position... ALMOST EVERYONE who worked with him said he was a huge asshole... combine that with the fact that he was a thief...

He was the boss. How many people DON'T think their boss is an asshole? He might have been very hard on people, but it obviously brought out the best in them and the company. Lots of college players might think their coach is a total asshole, but then they graduate, and realize that he wasn't such a dick after all.

Quote:

If you can't tell.. I ****ing HATE thieves. No way to excuse what he did as an ADULT... it's not like he was 12.
I'm not excusing it in any way. It was wrong. But it was also over 30 years ago, and the person to whom it happened remained his friend.

What I'm saying is that you don't know him. I don't know him. It seems wrong to judge a person like that when you don't know them.

Silock 10-05-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7970843)
Uhhh...that's what it sounds like happened.

I guess it depends on how you read it. Sounds like it could go either way.

It's a tough call. I know I'd rather find out beforehand. But I could understand if someone didn't want to tell me so as to ruin my Christmas vacation. Still, I'd rather know.

Bugeater 10-05-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7970849)
I guess it depends on how you read it. Sounds like it could go either way.

It's a tough call. I know I'd rather find out beforehand. But I could understand if someone didn't want to tell me so as to ruin my Christmas vacation. Still, I'd rather know.

If it was me, I would've just waited until February to fire them. :)

Silock 10-05-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7970853)
If it was me, I would've just waited until February to fire them. :)

I found the story AC was quoting. It happened before the holidays.

AustinChief 10-05-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7970845)
I'm not excusing it in any way. It was wrong. But it was also over 30 years ago, and the person to whom it happened remained his friend.

What I'm saying is that you don't know him. I don't know him. It seems wrong to judge a person like that when you don't know them.

Actually no he didn't... Woz has stated on many occasions that they were never truly friends.

yes I didn't know him... but I'm pretty sure I'm safe in my judgement.

I still don't get why anyone is defending this guy... I highly doubt you'd be defending anyone else.

Silock 10-05-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970858)
Actually no he didn't... Woz has stated on many occasions that they were never truly friends.

I still don't get why anyone is defending this guy... I highly doubt you'd be defending anyone else.

He said they weren't close friends, but he didn't say they weren't friends.

In any case, I'm not defending him so much as being an agnostic about it. You don't know, and neither do I.

All I see is that an extremely intelligent and talented individual died in a really shitty way. That sucks. I'm not losing any sleep over it. My portfolio might be losing some value because of it, though >.<

Chiefspants 10-05-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970780)

Mm..All of your information about Steve Jobs is about the Steve Jobs of the 70's/80's, there is a reason he was kicked out of apple in the mid 80's.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I read he softened before re-establishing control of the company in the late 1990's.

DaFace 10-05-2011 08:11 PM

It never ceases to amaze me the things people choose to argue about on here.

Smed1065 10-05-2011 08:12 PM

Guess Sprint killed him~

RealSNR 10-05-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7970870)
It never ceases to amaze me the things people choose to argue about on here.

You're a ****ing idiot. There's no way this shit is surprising. You're seriously amazed by the things people argue about? Go drink anti-freeze and get AIDS

kysirsoze 10-05-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970836)

Take it FWIW, but my roommate works for Apple and he says in the company, people were afraid to have any contact with him because of his reputation of lashing out and firing people for nothing. Getting transferred to Cupertino was a scary proposition.

ReynardMuldrake 10-05-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7970827)

Dude, too Zune.

loochy 10-05-2011 08:15 PM

iDontcare

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ReYfu5E-hOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerm 10-05-2011 08:15 PM

Can't wait for Apple to release the Steve Jobs memorial app....and then charge $4.99 for it.

loochy 10-05-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 7970886)
Can't wait for Apple to release the Steve Jobs memorial app....and then charge $4.99 for it.

...but it's such a good deal! They can tell me how I should feel sad and it only cost $5!

Chiefspants 10-05-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970858)

Where did you conjure that idea? I have always read that Jobs and Wozniak were close.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Wozniak
"I chat with Steve Jobs now and then, from time to time... We have never had an argument, we have always been friends. We are not close friends like we once were spending every day together."

BigRichard 10-05-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970776)

Yes, WOZ was the brains behind the computer itself. Jobs was the genius behind the business itself. You can say he took credit but WOZ goes nowhere without Jobs. I think Jobs would have still been successful.

Stanley Nickels 10-05-2011 08:35 PM

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Stanley Nickels 10-05-2011 08:39 PM

http://i.imgur.com/pLShS.jpg

AustinChief 10-05-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 7970917)
Where did you conjure that idea? I have always read that Jobs and Wozniak were close.

Oh I don't know.. from quotes by WOZ himself... having read two biographies on him.. and writing a book report on one of them back in 6th grade :D

Here is a quote from Woz just this year...

Quote:

“We talk occasionally on the phone. But we are definitely not friends.”

Shogun 10-05-2011 08:53 PM

You know what after serious thought, I could care less about the guy and ' what he has done for society '

You know what he has done for society? Create more technology or at least market more technology to distract the world from what really goes on. **** that. Apple is overpriced and overrated, as is most technology. I hope his family is doing well and can get over the loss but I personally don't care about the guy, Bill Gates can **** off too.

posted from my windows 7

Iconic 10-05-2011 08:56 PM

Steve Jobs dead.
Zune resurrected.

dirk digler 10-05-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970949)
Oh I don't know.. from quotes by WOZ himself... having read two biographies on him.. and writing a book report on one of them back in 6th grade :D

I am listening to Woz on CNN right now and he is comparing him to Martin Luther King etc... Nothing but praise and love for Steve.

kysirsoze 10-05-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7971014)
I am listening to Woz on CNN right now and he is comparing him to Martin Luther King etc... Nothing but praise and love for Steve.

Did you expect him to blast Jobs on the day he died? I don't know (and don't care) if they were friends or enemies, but I imagine Steve W.'s response would be similar either way.

chiefzilla1501 10-05-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7970966)
You know what after serious thought, I could care less about the guy and ' what he has done for society '

You know what he has done for society? Create more technology or at least market more technology to distract the world from what really goes on. **** that. Apple is overpriced and overrated, as is most technology. I hope his family is doing well and can get over the loss but I personally don't care about the guy, Bill Gates can **** off too.

posted from my windows 7

Without Jobs and Gates, we'd still be watching softcore porn through squiggly lines.

Shogun 10-05-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 7971022)
Without Jobs and Gates, we'd still be watching softcore porn through squiggly lines.

No way, HD would have come around at some point and HBO and cinemax would have gotten a huge contract to do hardcore. im in no way saying I don't enjoy my computer or technology, but I can go long periods of time without it. Hell I'd even go as far as saying I would be fine without a computer.

Chiefspants 10-05-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970949)

Woz seems to have made conflicting statements on the matter, as my quote from Woz was taken from this year as well.

Shogun 10-05-2011 09:18 PM

Woz obviously has D.I.D

AustinChief 10-05-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 7971040)
Woz seems to have made conflicting quotes on this issue, as my quote from Woz was taken from this year as well.

yeah, it depends on when you catch him... but if you have followed him as much as I have... it's pretty clear they weren't friends as most people would define the word.

Gadzooks 10-05-2011 09:21 PM

9:05 and on.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UF8uR6Z6KLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-05-2011 09:30 PM

The interesting thing here isn't the fact that Jobs died, it's that Apple fanbois are so damned annoying that people rejoice in the death of the guy who ran the company.

DaFace 10-05-2011 09:32 PM

Kind of a cool article about him. It's pretty rosy, but it offers an interesting glimpse into bits of his personality.

http://allthingsd.com/20111005/the-steve-jobs-i-knew/

Smed1065 10-05-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7971073)
The interesting thing here isn't the fact that Jobs died, it's that Apple fanbois are so damned annoying that people rejoice in the death of the guy who ran the company.

Very true.

dirk digler 10-05-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7971017)
Did you expect him to blast Jobs on the day he died? I don't know (and don't care) if they were friends or enemies, but I imagine Steve W.'s response would be similar either way.

The way Austin described their relationship I wasn't expecting him to say he was like Martin Luther King or John Lennon

Jerm 10-05-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7971073)

I'm an avid user of Apple products and I could care less...you're right though, the fanboys on Twitter are acting like Jesus died or something.

AustinChief 10-05-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7971090)
The way Austin described their relationship I wasn't expecting him to say he was like Martin Luther King or John Lennon

Woz is an extremely nice guy.. very forgiving and generous... doesn't surprise me at all.

DenverChief 10-05-2011 10:37 PM

R.I.P.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UF8uR6Z6KLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Silock 10-05-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7971098)
Woz is an extremely nice guy.. very forgiving and generous... doesn't surprise me at all.

Woz is awesome.

AustinChief 10-05-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7971289)
Woz is awesome.

THAT we can definitely agree on!

The Poz 10-05-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7970793)
It's OK Steve. Where you are going won't have gates or windows.

I now know why every clip you've ever posted is such a piece if shit. You work on a PC.

...and you've got one of those sloped foreheads.

listopencil 10-05-2011 10:56 PM

Did anyone try to restart him?

Dave Lane 10-05-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7970776)

Woz was worthless he was gone by 83-84.

AustinChief 10-05-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 7971361)
Woz was worthless he was gone by 83-84.

Jesus, you have gone FULL reerun lately. Please STFU on shit you have zero clue about.

Woz took a sabbatical in 1981 after he almost died in a plane crash. He was then back at Apple from 83-87.

Woz was a brilliant engineer who revolutionized home computing... yep.. worthless.

patteeu 10-05-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 7970700)
4 pages and not one stay down, bitch....

I hate cancer, really was hoping he'd beat it's ass and come back to lead Apple again.

Even though he didn't, the fact that he was forced out of the company he founded and then later came back to save it and make it the most valuable company in the world is pretty storybook.

Dave Lane 10-05-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7971412)
Jesus, you have gone FULL reerun lately. Please STFU on shit you have zero clue about.

Woz took a sabbatical in 1981 after he almost died in a plane crash. He was then back at Apple from 83-87.

Woz was a brilliant engineer who revolutionized home computing... yep.. worthless.

Yep like you were there. He was a geek and an engineer. A better than average one and probably a nice guy. Had no value after the Apple II that another EE wouldn't have gotten done.

kysirsoze 10-05-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 7971446)
Yep like you were there. He was a geek and an engineer. A better than average one and probably a nice guy. Had no value after the Apple II that another EE wouldn't have gotten done.

How can you possibly know that? The guy revolutionizes home computing and you assume he's only "better than average"?

Dave Lane 10-05-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7971459)
How can you possibly know that? The guy revolutionizes home computing and you assume he's only "better than average"?

Because he built the Apple II? He was very sharp, most EE's are. He was above the average smart EE. There would have never been a Apple II or an Apple company with out Jobs. Woz would probably still be tinkering with shit in his garage. He had zero marketing skill. Very dull to talk to, marketing wasn't his thing.