ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life May be going to jail for awhile (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256265)

NewChief 02-18-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8381374)
Being smart enough to understand how the law works doesn't mean you're a pussy. This guy's going to jail, he's probably going to get a restraining order put on him, and he just might not be allowed to see his kids for a while. That's stupidity.

If he had done it right, it would be the other way around, and he could have kicked the dude's ass at a more opportune time of his own choosing.

Exactly this. Thank you. The result (assuming its true) is that he's not going to be seeing his kids, and the dude who slapped them is going to get to see them anytime he wants... and MTG's hands are going to be tied by the law.

CoMoChief 02-18-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8381282)
I supported you up to the parts about coughing up blood, collapsed lung, and broken orbital bone. That screams "mental instability and psychosis", man.

Well one punch to the face and a simple broken nose isn't going to make the guy stop hitting his children. You REALLY want to make him stop, then you do something to him that makes him think twice about it.

The guy knew that hitting another person's child was wrong, he purposely tried to keep him from knowing about and tried to hide it.

I'd do the same thing. I imagine most people on here would do the same also.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-18-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8381379)
Exactly this. Thank you. The result (assuming its true) is that he's not going to be seeing his kids, and the dude who slapped them is going to get to see them anytime he wants... and MTG's hands are going to be tied by the law.

Assuming the mother doesn't press charges...or SRS gets involved beings a child was hit.

I think people are looking past the fact that this guy slapped (assaulted) a child.

Brock 02-18-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8381385)
Assuming the mother doesn't press charges...or SRS gets involved beings a child was hit.

I think people are looking past the fact that this guy slapped (assaulted) a child.

Oh yeah, SRS. A quality, well run organization if there ever was one. Wake up.

luv 02-18-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

The abuser should be investigated and charged. I don't think people are ignoring that as much as they're focusing on how this will affect the OP.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-18-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8381386)
Oh yeah, SRS. A quality, well run organization if there ever was one. Wake up.

With my wife, a social worker, I have heard plenty of situations like this where SRS gets involved.

Consistent1 02-18-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Being smart enough to understand how the law works doesn't mean you're a pussy. This guy's going to jail, he's probably going to get a restraining order put on him, and he just might not be allowed to see his kids for a while. That's stupidity.

If he had done it right, it would be the other way around, and he could have kicked the dude's ass at a more opportune time of his own choosing.

It's a domestic. I think they have automatic orders of protection on them everywhere these days. I can see getting into it, but ****ing the guy up that bad seems to be the issue. Giving the dude a black eye to prove a point is one thing, busting his lip up, something like that, It may well just be a BS story.

NewChief 02-18-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

From what we know of the ****ed up OP and his ****ed up situations, the ex is most likely going to press charges against him for trespass and assaulting her current boyfriend, and they're going to have the kids lie in court to say that the dude never did anything to them.

Consistent1 02-18-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

The dude may get in trouble. But beating someone up in front of the child puts homeboy in trouble 100% too.

JoeyChuckles 02-18-2012 01:13 PM

Your story was okay until you started bragging about how much you hurt the guy.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-18-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8381393)
From what we know of the ****ed up OP and his ****ed up situations, the ex is most likely going to press charges against him for trespass and assaulting her current boyfriend, and they're going to have the kids lie in court to say that the dude never did anything to them.

Yeah...I have no idea what will happen with that situation.

I am just saying...in general, this guy should be charged with something or rather for hitting a child in a non-trailor park scenario.

Consistent1 02-18-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8381393)

and it does not matter about "pressing charges". That case has zero chance of getting dropped if it's a true story.

MTG#10 02-18-2012 01:14 PM

The douche is getting arrested for assault on my daughter as soon as he gets out of the hospital. Im going to file a restraining order on him on behalf of my daughter today, the cop advised me to do that. My ex and him arent married, so he will have to move out if my ex wants to have any chance of seeing the kids again. I have them now.

NewChief 02-18-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8381398)
Yeah...I have no idea what will happen with that situation.

I am just saying...in general, this guy should be charged with something or rather for hitting a child in a non-trailor park scenario.

I agree the dude should be charged with something, but I don't think that the OP did anything positive for himself, his kids, or the legality of the situation by going over and beating dude up.

NewChief 02-18-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 8381401)
The douche is getting arrested for assault on my daughter as soon as he gets out of the hospital. Im going to file a restraining order on him on behalf of my daughter today, the cop advised me to do that. My ex and him arent married, so he will have to move out if my ex wants to have any chance of seeing the kids again. I have them now.

Yeah. We'll see.

Demonpenz 02-18-2012 01:16 PM

Flee to St. Joseph you are welcome there.

luv 02-18-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 8381401)

Your wife could also file for custody. With the boyfriend out of the picture, she could use the fact that you have a temper and are violent against you. If all of this is actually true, then I wish you the best. I'm sure we'll hear all about it.

KurtCobain 02-18-2012 01:18 PM

Nobody is doing jail time here. I've sat through a few judge plea deals where the guy defends beating someone's ass because he hurt the assaulter's family, and judge eats it up and throws down the merciless probation.
Posted via Mobile Device

alnorth 02-18-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8381391)
With my wife, a social worker, I have heard plenty of situations like this where SRS gets involved.

So, they get involved. Great. Dude doesn't touch the kid for a few months, SRS says "welp, looks like everything's fine now", and goes on their merry way.

End result of this stupidity: dad doesn't get to see his kids for a while, maybe a real long while, and ex's boyfriend is maybe a little more careful, but probably has full access to the kids.

notorious 02-18-2012 01:22 PM

I can tell who has daughters and who doesn't.

I am not going to judge. I just pictured that happening to my daughter and the result probably would be similar.

luv 02-18-2012 01:22 PM

Did this happen here in Greene County? I'll look up the court docket and make sure to follow it.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-18-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8381413)
but probably has full access to the kids.

Probably not.

The child's word will come first. It's a boyfriend...not a father. Restraining orders can come into play from either paternal or maternal party.

Brock 02-18-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8381415)
I can tell who has daughters and who doesn't.

I'll bet you can't.

KurtCobain 02-18-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8381416)
Did this happen here in Greene County? I'll look up the court docket and make sure to follow it.

It'd be very visable on case net if it's anywhere in missouri.

C'mon mtg, we want proof!

TRR 02-18-2012 01:26 PM

Kids punch each other when they get mad. Adults should be mature enough not to hit each other.

Enjoy your jail stay.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious 02-18-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8381419)
I'll bet you can't.

I have never been in trouble with the law for anything,. In fact, I hate fighting since it is ****ing reeruned, but when it comes to my family I would kill without a second thought to protect them.

If a scumbag slapped my daughter I can't honestly say what I would/wouldn't do. I am not going to judge the man, even though his judgement in the past is slightly questionable. ;)

luv 02-18-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 8381423)
It'd be very visable on case net if it's anywhere in missouri.

C'mon mtg, we want proof!

Can't look it up on case net since I don't know his name or case number. I can look on the docket for March 8, and narrow it down though.

BossChief 02-18-2012 01:28 PM

My educated guess is 2-4 days in jail and about 5-7k in restitution.

About 7 years ago, my sister came into the room crying after acting very strange and reserved for a couple months and we basically badgered her to tell us what's up.

She told usxshe had been raped 2 months back and was embarrassed and ashamed enough to not say anything to anyone the whole time.

I immediately called the police and they sent out 2 officers and they basically told us it was wayy past the timescale to do a "rape kit" and that if we pressed charges, there wasnt enough evidence to have it stick.

I was shocked that one of the officers ever said that the guy could come back and sue her/us for filing a false claim and other bullshit.

I was shocked they were apically telling us that they couldn't do anything and if we forced them to, we could get in trouble.

It took me a couple hours and about 10 phone calls to find out where the guy was because I know people that used to go to scho with the POS.

Me and my brother went there and beat him within an inch of his life.

I took the fall for it because the guys girlfriend called the cops and if my brother and I both got charged, it would bump the charges to felonies.

I got charged with assume causing bodily injury and was a fool and admitted to it and gave a verbal report.

Result is that I can't have a firearm, did 2 days in jail and algae to pay 6k in restitution because they had to do two cat scans and found he had a cracked skull.

I think you are in for similar reprucussions.

Word to the wise:

Don't plea pull some strings so that the jerk off doesn't "go to court to testify"

If that happens, you have a chance of the charges being dropped.

WilliamTheIrish 02-18-2012 01:29 PM

Although it's not a funny situation, I have to laugh at people who live their lives in this manner. It's a bit of a cycle and if you can't get out of it you'll struggle with this shit forever. I hate to see you do that.

I don't condone smacking children. I've seen first hand in my job what people do to kids. And especially what new boyfriends can do to children brought into the relationship.

I hope you have a good lawyer. I really do. Deservedly or not, it sounds like you really ****ed this guy up. He's now got a real chance to **** you up in a criminal or civil way, **** up the relationship with your kids and ruin you financially.

Good luck to you.

KurtCobain 02-18-2012 01:30 PM

Why would he make something like that up?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 02-18-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8381416)

No, Imaginationland

MagicHef 02-18-2012 01:30 PM

I don't really know whose case this hurts more. Assuming all the things we've been told are true, it is now obvious to several officers (who make excellent witnesses) that the mother is allowing her boyfriend to abuse the children and is trying to cover it up. On the other hand, the father was extremely violent in front of the children, and that is obviously not good.

Gonzo 02-18-2012 01:32 PM

Nice work, MTG. Unfortunately, since you're going to the pen he'll have plenty more opportunities to keep hitting them.
You're ex wife is a moronic cum-dumpster, btw.
Posted via Mobile Device

ferrarispider95 02-18-2012 01:32 PM

The jail time might be the least of worries, the accompanying civil suit slapped on you for this dude's hospital bills, loss of wages, and pain and suffering will be astronomical.

NewChief 02-18-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrarispider95 (Post 8381445)
The jail time might be the least of worries, the accompanying civil suit slapped on you for this dude's hospital bills, loss of wages, and pain and suffering will be astronomical.

Nah. MTG has them right where he wants them!

ferrarispider95 02-18-2012 01:36 PM

I can tell you a 20 day stay in the hospital with no surgery, rang up $45k in hospital bills. Thank goodness for great insurance.

Rasputin 02-18-2012 01:36 PM

I wish you the best & hope the judge is understanding. I would have done the same thing. I could of killed the step father of my daughter after finding out he abused her. I still want too but I know it's best I not go to jail & have my daughter in foster care. I think about it often tho. This is a touchy subject for me. :mad:

Good luck and God be with you. Prayers are the best medicine my friend.

KCUnited 02-18-2012 01:40 PM

This reeks of moms weekend with the kids loneliness, a couple tallboys before noon, some nostalgiac butt rock playing in the background and a keyboard.

Sleep it off hoss.

kysirsoze 02-18-2012 01:52 PM

lol. Not buying this.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-18-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8381284)
You hope that he understands that you took the law into your own hands and committed assault & battery? You hope that he understands that you didn't use the judicial system to get the man thrown in jail for child abuse?

:facepalm:

The judicial system is for losers. The guy would have gotten his hand slapped by the judge and some punk lawyer would make 10 grand. Kicking the guys ass was the right thing to do . See ya in 20 years Mr. MTG

alnorth 02-18-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 8381437)
I don't really know whose case this hurts more. Assuming all the things we've been told are true, it is now obvious to several officers (who make excellent witnesses) that the mother is allowing her boyfriend to abuse the children and is trying to cover it up. On the other hand, the father was extremely violent in front of the children, and that is obviously not good.

he's lucky that the boyfriend is not married to his ex. If he beat up a stepfather, things would be quite a bit different because one slap to the face that doesn't leave a mark after 24 hours is going to bring you some headache with SRS, but it doesn't rise to the level of abuse or losing your kids, unless it is frequent.

Since he's just a boyfriend, and in the eyes of the law just some random dude who is not related, then its different.

mikey23545 02-18-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D2112 (Post 8381363)
Remember that guy that was video taped shooting in the head and killing the guy with the cops holding him that sexually abused his son like 15 years ago?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8381432)
My educated guess is 2-4 days in jail and about 5-7k in restitution.

About 7 years ago, my sister came into the room crying after acting very strange and reserved for a couple months and we basically badgered her to tell us what's up.

She told usxshe had been raped 2 months back and was embarrassed and ashamed enough to not say anything to anyone the whole time.

I immediately called the police and they sent out 2 officers and they basically told us it was wayy past the timescale to do a "rape kit" and that if we pressed charges, there wasnt enough evidence to have it stick.

I was shocked that one of the officers ever said that the guy could come back and sue her/us for filing a false claim and other bullshit.

I was shocked they were apically telling us that they couldn't do anything and if we forced them to, we could get in trouble.

It took me a couple hours and about 10 phone calls to find out where the guy was because I know people that used to go to scho with the POS.

Me and my brother went there and beat him within an inch of his life.

I took the fall for it because the guys girlfriend called the cops and if my brother and I both got charged, it would bump the charges to felonies.

I got charged with assume causing bodily injury and was a fool and admitted to it and gave a verbal report.

Result is that I can't have a firearm, did 2 days in jail and algae to pay 6k in restitution because they had to do two cat scans and found he had a cracked skull.

I think you are in for similar reprucussions.

Word to the wise:

Don't plea pull some strings so that the jerk off doesn't "go to court to testify"

If that happens, you have a chance of the charges being dropped.

So some of you stupid ****s are finding a slap equivalent to rape and childhood sexual abuse?

I never realized so much psychiatric help was needed on Chiefs Planet.

2112 02-18-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8381505)
So some of you stupid ****s are finding a slap equivalent to rape and childhood sexual abuse?

I never realized so much psychiatric help was needed on Chiefs Planet.

No, but the punishment was my point..lol, you stoopid **** ;)

Father shoots a guy in the head on camera for raping his son and doesnt do much time. my point is that MTG is acting like hes gonna be on death row.

BossChief 02-18-2012 02:03 PM

MiKey, Your and idiot

The judge isn't gonna care too much about the reasoning for why he broke the laws that he broke.

I'll say again, go back to dc.

The way it was handled wasn't 100% right, but the worst part was what happened in front of the kids he did this to "protect"

niblet 02-18-2012 02:09 PM

Fake and gay.

alnorth 02-18-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8381432)

Losing your mind and doing serious medical damage because someone in your family was raped and you just learned that the guy you hurt is going to get away with it is a hell of a lot more mitigating and understandable than flipping out and doing serious medical damage over a slap in the face.

Not gonna try to predict the outcome, because we don't really know the facts of the case, how good the lawyers are, and who the judge is, but if we're using your case as a measuring stick, same lawyers, same judge, same everything, etc, I'd say he'd get a lot more than what was handed down to you.

BigMeatballDave 02-18-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8381284)
You hope that he understands that you took the law into your own hands and committed assault & battery? You hope that he understands that you didn't use the judicial system to get the man thrown in jail for child abuse?

:facepalm:

Its easy to tell you don't have a child.

MIAdragon 02-18-2012 02:13 PM

ok lets play a game, who can spot MG#10? http://springfieldmugshots.com/page/2

BigMeatballDave 02-18-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8381292)
Dude slapped a kid who was being disrespectful and should be arrested? The pussification of America at its finest.
Without knowing the whole story, It sounds to me like the kid could have gotten a bit of discipline. Maybe she should think before she opens her mouth and realize it's not her but the adults that run the household.

LMAO ****ing moron

luv 02-18-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8381525)
Its easy to tell you don't have a child.

Me having children or not does not affect the way the law works.

stevieray 02-18-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

thread over

RockChalk 02-18-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8381529)

http://springfieldmugshots.com/img/1167211.jpg

BigMeatballDave 02-18-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8381308)
We disagree. I got raked across the chops by my old man a couple of times when I let my mouth override my ass and I'm probably a better man because of it.
Did I ever slap my kids? No, but I did whack their asses a few times and if my grandkids need it today, I would certainly do it to them too.

We are talking about SOMEONE ELSE'S CHILD you dumbshit. You don't ****ing touch another mans child. That dude deserved that beat down.

Marcellus 02-18-2012 02:19 PM

Don't have a grandson with a dog collar.

MIAdragon 02-18-2012 02:20 PM

http://springfieldmugshots.com/img/1167289.jpg

Rasputin 02-18-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 8381498)
The judicial system is for losers. The guy would have gotten his hand slapped by the judge and some punk lawyer would make 10 grand. Kicking the guys ass was the right thing to do . See ya in 20 years Mr. MTG

This! The judicial system is a joke & I know this first hand. The guy who abused my daughter got away with it. The only thing keeping me from doing what I want to do is God help me for my daughter sake. Not for that I would be serving 20+ years. I may just yet and only God can and has stop me so far but that doesn't mean I wont if I thought for one second my daughter wouldn't suffer even more harm from losing me.

I got to get out of this thread :mad:

NewChief 02-18-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8381546)

That guy does kind of look like he's saying, "What the **** else did you expect from me? I'm MTG#10!"

DaFace 02-18-2012 02:30 PM

I just can't bring myself to care about this guy's BS anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tombstone RJ 02-18-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8381286)
You're likely to end up separated from your kids over this. Hope it felt good.

this, unfortunately even if the guy deserved it the judge is going to see a violent man who is a bad enfluence on his kids.

Being a parent is not easy but you have to use good judgement and restraint. Beating the living crap out of someone may feel good but it will do more long term damage for you and your relationship with your kids long term.

MTG#10 02-18-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8381529)

Heh, not on there sorry. My mom had it removed within an hour of it being posted.

Ceej 02-18-2012 02:33 PM

Some things are just better unposted.

MTG#10 02-18-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8381582)
I just can't bring myself to care about this guy's BS anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

You cared enough to click on the thread and reply though? :rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave 02-18-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8381534)
Me having children or not does not affect the way the law works.

No shit.

You have no children and you work in the legal field.

Fact is, no one ever knows how they'd react knowing someone hurt their child.

I'm extremely mild-mannered, but I would seriously inflict some damage on someone if they hurt my son.

Law be damned.

Its very easy for you and others to sit in judgement of someone when you have no ****ing clue how you would act if this situation presented itself to you.

JD10367 02-18-2012 02:38 PM

http://cdn.stripersonline.com/3/32/3...5_WellBye.jpeg

Jewish Rabbi 02-18-2012 02:40 PM

Either you're a ****ing terrible troll, or your whore of an ex-wife is Frankie's mom.

Molitoth 02-18-2012 02:40 PM

Punching a guy a few times and giving him a bloody nose/black eye is one thing; putting him in the hospital with those severe injuries may have been a bit too much.

BigMeatballDave 02-18-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8381626)
Punching a guy a few times and giving him a bloody nose/black eye is one thing; putting him in the hospital with those severe injuries may have been a bit too much.

Maybe.

What happens if the ex boyfriend puts his daughter in the hospital next time?

What MTG did wasn't very bright but you can guarantee he won't go near his children. Ever.

Iowanian 02-18-2012 02:48 PM

As the father of 2 daughters, I understand.

That sounds like more of an ass whooping than my mental picture of you would provide, but I can understand dad-rage.

A dad has to do what a dad has to do. good luck.

NewChief 02-18-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8381654)
What MTG did wasn't very bright but you can guarantee he won't go near his children. Ever.

Really? You think so?

Let me run this scenario past you: the guy justifies in his mind that he just punished the kids and lost his temper. It's not going to happen again. Meanwhile, he and the Ex stay together and, through echo chamber psychology, convince each other that MTG is the bad guy. They pursue every legal recourse they have against him and are convinced that HE is the psycho one that needs to be kept away from the kids. Meanwhile, Mr. Ex Broken Nose raises up MTG's kids, smacking them around anytime he loses his temper and knowing that he has the benefit of the law on his side from now on. On top of that, he's got a nice wad of cash to hire lawyers to legally beat the shit out of MTG who is now in the poor house after paying Broken Nose's hospital bills.

Yup. MTG has them right where he wants them.

What MTG did doesn't guarantee any kind of safety for his children. It puts them in more danger because he no longer has the high ground where the law is concerned. And I seriously doubt that guy is going to not lose his temper anymore and hit the kid just because MTG put an ass whipping on him. That's, once again, not how physical abuse works.

Iowanian 02-18-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8381292)
Dude slapped a kid who was being disrespectful and should be arrested? The pussification of America at its finest.
Without knowing the whole story, It sounds to me like the kid could have gotten a bit of discipline. Maybe she should think before she opens her mouth and realize it's not her but the adults that run the household.

A child can be spanked or slapped by a parent or someone close enough to the situation, like a grandparent. My siblings have full authority to spank mine if they ever need it, but I'm confident if a boyfriend of my ex sister in law ever hits one of my nephews this is the likely best outcome.

A boyfriend has no right to hit your daughter in the face. **** that guy and anyone who doesn't understand how this happened.

BigMeatballDave 02-18-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8381671)
Really? You think so?

Let me run this scenario past you: the guy justifies in his mind that he just punished the kids and lost his temper. It's not going to happen again. Meanwhile, he and the Ex stay together and, through echo chamber psychology, convince each other that MTG is the bad guy. They pursue every legal recourse they have against him and are convinced that HE is the psycho one that needs to be kept away from the kids. Meanwhile, Mr. Ex Broken Nose raises up MTG's kids, smacking them around anytime he loses his temper and knowing that he has the benefit of the law on his side from now on. On top of that, he's got a nice wad of cash to hire lawyers to legally beat the shit out of MTG who is now in the poor house after paying Broken Nose's hospital bills.

Yup. MTG has them right where he wants them.

What MTG did doesn't guarantee any kind of safety for his children. It puts them in more danger because he no longer has the high ground where the law is concerned. And I seriously doubt that guy is going to not lose his temper anymore and hit the kid just because MTG put an ass whipping on him. That's, once again, not how physical abuse works.

Do you really think the ex boyfriend has the financial resources to persue any of this?

alnorth 02-18-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8381654)

Unless his ex kicks him out, I don't think so.

-King- 02-18-2012 02:55 PM

I don't understand how people are taking the "He should have called the cops and let them take care of it" approach. That's ****ing reeruned to me. So if someone was slapping your daughter you wouldn't think about kicking his ass?

It isn't even about being an internet tough guy. It's someone putting your hands on your family. You shouldn't even think twice in that situation.

Brock 02-18-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8381704)
I don't understand how people are taking the "He should have called the cops and let them take care of it" approach. That's ****ing reeruned to me. So if someone was slapping your daughter you wouldn't think about kicking his ass?

It isn't even about being an internet tough guy. It's someone putting your hands on your family. You shouldn't even think twice in that situation.

yeah, because you can protect your family really well from JAIL.

Some of you people are seriously reeruned.

LiveSteam 02-18-2012 03:09 PM

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

BigMeatballDave 02-18-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8381729)
yeah, because you can protect your family really well from JAIL.

Some of you people are seriously reeruned.

Be real, Brock.

Do you really not understand rage? If someone hurt your child, are you certain you would
sit by and do nothing?

Sure, its the right thing to do. But a lot of people cannot exercise that kind of restraint.

notorious 02-18-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8381688)

A boyfriend has no right to hit your daughter in the face. **** that guy and anyone who doesn't understand how this happened.

This.

luv 02-18-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8381611)
No shit.

You have no children and you work in the legal field.

Fact is, no one ever knows how they'd react knowing someone hurt their child.

I'm extremely mild-mannered, but I would seriously inflict some damage on someone if they hurt my son.

Law be damned.

Its very easy for you and others to sit in judgement of someone when you have no ****ing clue how you would act if this situation presented itself to you.

I'm not judging. The guy deserved it. It doesn't matter what you or I believe, though. The law is the law. He might have ultimately hurt himself more than he knows in the long run for the temporary satisfaction of having beat the shit out of the guy. What good does it do if he goes to jail?

FAX 02-18-2012 03:21 PM

I see a "My daughter just shot her boyfriend and came to my house with the gun and she was crying so I helped her bury the boyfriend's body in the basement and we threw the gun in the river which was a shame because I gave her that gun for her birthday then we went to Denny's and she's seeing ghosts of the dude everywhere including in her waffle and I don't know if I should call a psychiatrist or not." thread in our future.

FAX

luv 02-18-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8381756)
Be real, Brock.

Do you really not understand rage? If someone hurt your child, are you certain you would
sit by and do nothing?

Sure, its the right thing to do. But a lot of people cannot exercise that kind of restraint.

"Judge, I know what I did was illegal, but I was just so full of rage."

"Oh, you were full of rage? Well that changes everything, you're free to go."