ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The latest Chiefs news from KFFL... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256524)

King_Chief_Fan 03-01-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8409468)
The point is, he could go all coach speak when asked these questions, and basically not answer them at all, like most coaches do. The fact that he's openly talking like this about other QB prospects is...new...to say the least from a Chiefs coach. Maybe that's why it's so exciting, but it does sound to me like Romeo at least wants another QB on the roster.

his stating so is clever.......Sorry Mr. Hunt, Pioli didn't give me the players I needed. Fire Pioli and give me the QB I want, then let's see what happens

Kylo Ren 03-01-2012 09:01 AM

I think all of these trial balloons and leaks about RGIII and Manning are just to make the fans THINK Pioli will do something big and sell season tickets. Pioli will break the bad news to us after they've sold more season tickets. It's a marketing ploy..... bait and switch.

Lzen 03-01-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8409301)
My point is that Romeo would, too.

He is so adamant about it that everywhere he goes he talks about possible quarterback acquisitions.

There is smoke surrounding half the forest and some here still think there isn't a fire.

You guys make great points and I tend to agree. But you have to cut Chiefs fans a little slack. It's only natural for us to be skeptical after all the years of BS we've dealt with from this franchise.

Lzen 03-01-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsshrink (Post 8409422)
:thumb: Pretty much. Romeo is a Patriot Way Yes Man and doesn't get that job if he is not. No brainer slam dunk for Pioli:thumb:

If that were true then why is mentioning QBs every time we turn around?

Lzen 03-01-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 8409606)
I think all of these trial balloons and leaks about RGIII and Manning are just to make the fans THINK Pioli will do something big and sell season tickets. Pioli will break the bad news to us after they've sold more season tickets. It's a marketing ploy..... bait and switch.

Well I won't be fooled by that. As I was exiting Arrowhead halfway through the 4th quarter against Denver last year, I made a statement about not supporting the Chiefs until they address the QB situation. No more Cassel. And I meant it. I will not attend another Chiefs game until there is a QB that is a serious NFL talent. No more shitfest QBs like Cassel and Palko.

J Diddy 03-01-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8409671)
If that were true then why is mentioning QBs every time we turn around?

I think that by the end of this all that Cassel is going to be pushed off as Haley's boy and that Romeo felt that he wanted to go in a different direction.

To the informed Chiefs fan it will come across as bullshit. To the typical fan it will be like water to a thirsty man.

spanky 52 03-01-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 8409606)

It's sad to think this is what it's come to but I believe you are absolutely right about this.

Rasputin 03-01-2012 11:16 AM

[QUOTE=John_Wayne;8400458][B]Chiefs | Zeke Markshausen signs
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:50:26 -0800
COLOR=#0066cc]Chiefs
[/URL] have expressed interest in Baylor QB Robert Griffin III. Head coach Romeo Crennel gushed about Griffin during the NFL Scouting Combine, saying he is the kind of player "you go up to get."

Do it :whackit:

lcarus 03-01-2012 12:04 PM

Of course Romeo wants a new QB. He wants to be a successful head coach in this league, and in his experience, he knows he can't be successful with shitty Cassel. He knows he needs a proven elite QB or an elite young prospect QB.

Unfortunately, I get the feeling Pioli is dead set on sinking this ship with the guy he brought in and overpaid. He seems extremely stubborn to me.

splatbass 03-01-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8410088)
Unfortunately, I get the feeling Pioli is dead set on sinking this ship with the guy he brought in and overpaid. He seems extremely stubborn to me.

Why do you think he is too stubborn to admit he was wrong about Cassel when he wasn't too stubborn to admit he was wrong about Haley?

Messier 03-01-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8411284)
Why do you think he is too stubborn to admit he was wrong about Cassel when he wasn't too stubborn to admit he was wrong about Haley?

He's not, and I'll bet he feels pressure from all around him to improve at QB.

tredadda 03-01-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8411300)
He's not, and I'll bet he feels pressure from all around him to improve at QB.

Agreed, too much noise out there about our QB position for him to trot Cassel out there this year as our starter.

O.city 03-01-2012 09:21 PM

It's kinda crazy how all this qb talk has exploded.

Early in the offseason it was "the Chiefs are content with Cassel". Now not so much.

tredadda 03-01-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8411367)

Early in the offseason it was "the Chiefs are content with Cassel". Now not so much.

Because this is the most we have heard about the QB position since Pioli got here. Every other time it was defending Cassel.

BossChief 03-01-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8411367)

They have set themselves up to piss off the whole fanbase if they don't make any legit moves, trot Cassel out there and get bitch slapped again.

WE got a taste of an upgrade at qb for only 3 or 4 weeks and now WE want one for real.

I say WE because it's not just ChiefsPlanet that wants an upgrade, it's the majority of the fan base now.

Those few games with Orton probably opened the eyes of a lot of people.

Direckshun 03-01-2012 11:45 PM

It should be noted that new coaches mean new quarterbacks.

That's by and large one of the key principles in the NFL.

BossChief 03-02-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8411551)

:grovel:

NJChiefsFan 03-02-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8411551)

Crennel certainly hasn't gone out of his way to protect Cassel. He has so far said he wants Orton back, implied if Orton was back it would be a serious battle, said you would be stupid to not go look at Manning, and finally almost blew his load talking about RG3.

Now none of these comments are crazy or prove anything. That being said, none of this, or anything even close, has been talked about by the organization before this offseason. With what we are looking at, any sign has to be viewed as positive.

As down as people including myself have been, I think we are at the point where if the chance came KC would get another QB. Now I am not saying Pioli will take the necessary steps, or pay the price we feel he should. I do feel that if the right price comes around, he would go after one of the 3 QBs Crennel seems to like. I just hope he is going to be more agressive at that than most of us expect.

A few months ago I felt that even if a team offered a good trade up for a QB to us or if Manning asked to come here Pioli would have turned both situations down. Now I think at the very least we are at the point where he would take it if he felt it was fair for the team. I want more than that in agressiveness, but atleast the door is open.

Kylo Ren 03-04-2012 06:01 PM

I've updated this thread with the most recent news from KFFL, although the most recent news is kind of obvious.

Okie_Apparition 03-04-2012 06:04 PM

Bowe is on returns now

Kylo Ren 03-04-2012 07:57 PM

Bowe would be good at KR/PR.

Mama Hip Rockets 03-04-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8417103)
Bowe is on returns now

I'm pretty sure that means if he returns to the team, not if he returns kicks.

NJChiefsFan 03-05-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 8417095)
I've updated this thread with the most recent news from KFFL, although the most recent news is kind of obvious.

Yeah that seems like a simple conclusion to come to if they keep Bowe.

ChiefFripp 03-05-2012 12:52 AM

Anyone else but me think Mike Tolbert would be the perfect compliment to Charles?

BigChiefFan 03-05-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 8417887)
Anyone else but me think Mike Tolbert would be the perfect compliment to Charles?

Tolbert is underrated as Hell, IMO. I would love to see us pick him up.

Nightfyre 03-05-2012 12:58 AM

Tolbert in our offense would be sick. He is the perfect fullback, imo. Capable lead-blocker, soft hands, terrific between the tackles.... You could keep Charles on the field a lot more with a fullback like Tolbert simply because he wouldn't be the obvious person touching the football.

DBOSHO 03-05-2012 05:43 AM

In my perfect world, we sign manning, tolbert/bush, and soliai, and

1. Trade out of our spot to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder

2. Draft a RT somewhere in the mid to late rounds who starts from day one. He cant be worse than richardson.

3. Draft speed at wr and add safety depth in the rest of the draft

4. Hope that with manning mentoring him, stanzi turns into the real deal.

A real pipe dream, but it would be nice if thats how things turned out.

Mama Hip Rockets 03-05-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFripp (Post 8417887)

Yes.

tredadda 03-05-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8417888)
Tolbert is underrated as Hell, IMO. I would love to see us pick him up.

I so agree. I would rather have him than McClain. SD would be stupid to let him walk.

BryanBusby 03-05-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8418216)
I so agree. I would rather have him than McClain. SD would be stupid to let him walk.

Considering they have a lot of space and don't seem very interested in using it to keep VJ or Gaither, Tolbert will probably get a new deal.

Frankie 03-05-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8417965)
In my perfect world, we sign manning, tolbert/bush, and soliai, and

1. Trade out of our spot to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder

2. Draft a RT somewhere in the mid to late rounds who starts from day one. He cant be worse than richardson.

3. Draft speed at wr and add safety depth in the rest of the draft

4. Hope that with manning mentoring him, stanzi turns into the real deal.

A real pipe dream, but it would be nice if thats how things turned out.

Most of this sound nice. But I'm sure we'll use a draft choice on a QB and should on a TE as well.

As for speed WRs, did anyone watch Steven Hill's combine? 6'4", 4:30/40, and can do this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vPSjz4rPAJE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

penguinz 03-05-2012 11:13 AM

I want to see someone broadjump during a game.

Mr. Laz 03-05-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8418251)
Most of this sound nice. But I'm sure we'll use a draft choice on a QB and should on a TE as well.

As for speed WRs, did anyone watch Steven Hill's combine? 6'4", 4:30/40, and can do this:

<iframe width="5e.com/embed/vPSjz4rPAJE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

if we sign Manning i don't imagine we use a draft pick on a QB unless someone special fails to us. We use every pick to get Manning weapons to win NOW. Imo.

next year we can draft a QBoTF

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-05-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8418251)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vPSjz4rPAJE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stephen Hill would be a great pick but I'm in the Peyton Manning, Draft Poe and a guard club.

J Diddy 03-05-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8418560)

No shit.

KCrockaholic 03-05-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8418560)

It's about testing lower body explosion. So no, broad jumping isn't used in football, but it does have a purpose at the combine.

penguinz 03-05-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8419345)
It's about testing lower body explosion. So no, broad jumping isn't used in football, but it does have a purpose at the combine.

No it doesn't. Sprinting and vertical jump yes. Broad jump no.

KCrockaholic 03-05-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8419349)

So explain what it's purpose is.

penguinz 03-05-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8419357)
So explain what it's purpose is.

That is my point. The broad jump in no way mimics anything that a WR would do in a football situation.

KCrockaholic 03-05-2012 02:39 PM

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/longjump.htm

Here's a link for your stupid ****ing ass. Learn something mother ****er.

Don't come over here correcting me for something I wasn't wrong on.

Some people just have to argue because they have nothing better to do even if they have no point or basis.

suds79 03-05-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8419349)

How far a guy can broad jump does not reflect in any way a player's explosiveness?

Guess all those scouts & GMs must be doing it wrong then. ;)

penguinz 03-05-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8419380)
How far a guy can broad jump does not reflect in any way a player's explosiveness?

Guess all those scouts & GMs must be doing it wrong then. ;)

If they base their picks off of what they see in a couple of days of these drills instead of actual games they are wrong.

suds79 03-05-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8419404)
If they base their picks off of what they see in a couple of days of these drills instead of actual games they are wrong.

Nobody was talking about that. The subject was if the broad jump tests a players explosiveness.

You don't find it odd that they'd have a test for that if it didn't at all?

Kylo Ren 03-05-2012 07:44 PM

Today's updates.......

Who is Kamerion Wimbley? What do we know about him?

RustShack 03-05-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 8420266)
Today's updates.......

Hes a good passrusher and would be a huge addition. Crennel drafted in in the first round while in Cleveland.

O.city 03-05-2012 07:47 PM

Depends how much Wimbley would cost.

BoneKrusher 03-05-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 8420266)
Today's updates.......

would be a great addition to this defense.

O.city 03-05-2012 07:49 PM

Wimbley could be a better Gilberry type specialty rusher I believe.

penguinz 03-05-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8419435)
Nobody was talking about that. The subject was if the broad jump tests a players explosiveness.

You don't find it odd that they'd have a test for that if it didn't at all?

it might be relevant when wr's start broad jumping at the snap instead of sprinting.

mcaj22 03-05-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8420283)

uhh Wimbley would instantly start on this team

O.city 03-05-2012 08:53 PM

Where you gonna start him? He is coming from a 4 3 team where he played DE?

You gonna put him as a 5 tech? Start him over Houston?

Titty Meat 03-05-2012 09:00 PM

Wimbley will make a lot of money it's not really worth it IMO.

RustShack 03-05-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8420456)
Where you gonna start him? He is coming from a 4 3 team where he played DE?

You gonna put him as a 5 tech? Start him over Houston?

ROFL

reerun.

tredadda 03-05-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8420283)

He better be cheap then as situational players should not command much.

O.city 03-05-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8420469)
ROFL

reerun.

Ok.

Still didn't answer my question.

RustShack 03-05-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8420481)
Ok.

Still didn't answer my question.

He would start over Houston.

While Houston is still young and has plenty of upside, hes not guaranteed to be good. Also Houston's contract is still pretty small. Giants proved you can't have too many pass rushers.

We shouldn't pay him what hes currently making, but the Chiefs should be willing to make a courteous offer.

O.city 03-05-2012 09:44 PM

I don't think I'd start him over Houston. He's never played the OLB in the 34.

I agree that we need more passrushers tho. We would have to be in alot of subpackages and have him and Houston on the field.

RustShack 03-05-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8420606)
I don't think I'd start him over Houston. He's never played the OLB in the 34.

I agree that we need more passrushers tho. We would have to be in alot of subpackages and have him and Houston on the field.

Romeo Crennel didn't run the 3-4 in Cleveland when he drafted him?

O.city 03-05-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8420608)
Romeo Crennel didn't run the 3-4 in Cleveland when he drafted him?

Forgot about that. Yeah he did.

He played the rush backer spot in Cleveland. So that would be more what Tamba plays.

I'm not against it at all. The toughest part is getting all them on the field at the same time running the 34.

It would be cool to see some stuff with Bailey and Jackson with their hands in the dirt and Wimbley, Houston, DJ, and Hali standing up.

O.city 03-05-2012 09:53 PM

He would certainly add depth to a spot we need depth at. Wonder how much he is gonna cost?

O.city 03-05-2012 09:56 PM

Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
OAK started talks with LB Kamerion Wimbley to restructure his deal. If new contract not struck, he'll be released despite $6.5M guar in '12

Guess we will see what happens.

BossChief 03-05-2012 10:22 PM

**** that.

Houston was an animal once Romeo Crennel realized the kid can rush the passer very effectively.

I'm not interested in paying anything near what Wimbley will be looking for.

If he wants to take pay that makes sense for a situational player, so be it.

4-5 million a year or so would be about it, though.

We do that and it's like getting Wimbley and Routt for the price of Carr.

O.city 03-05-2012 10:23 PM

YOu can never have too many pass rushers. That said, you can't overpay for them. The Giants have an abundance but probably are about to lose some of them.

BIG K 03-05-2012 10:47 PM

<HR>[/COLOR]Chiefs | Feel Rodney Hudson ready to start
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 04:53:30 -0800
Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli said he believes OL Rodney Hudson will be ready to start in 2012. "I think he's ready to be a starter at center or guard," Pioli said. "He's a good, young player and he had some time last year. One of the interesting things about Rodney that showed itself is his maturity, his ability to prepare. He was our fourth inside guy, so to speak. When we had guys out, he actually played for Ryan (Lilja) at guard. Casey (Wiegmann) of course hasn't missed a snap in 100 years. But Rodney is ready to play either one of the positions. He's ready to play in the NFL. He's a smart kid who really has a level of maturity that's rare."

Nice to see draft picks getting, earning a spot...

Kylo Ren 03-06-2012 02:56 PM

Updated......
Today's news a little more interesting....

Kylo Ren 03-06-2012 06:58 PM

Obligatory Manning update.....

Kylo Ren 03-07-2012 01:05 PM

Updated.....

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-07-2012 01:19 PM

Repost BITCH !!

whoman69 03-07-2012 01:19 PM

I'm sure that like everyone, this Peyton Manning info really snuck up on us. Who knew?

Kylo Ren 03-09-2012 09:15 AM

Carl Nicks anyone?

lcarus 03-09-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8411284)

Hey I hope you're right. I think he might try to get Manning, but if that fizzles out, we'll probably be seeing Cassel under center again.

Fat Elvis 03-09-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 8432235)
Carl Nicks anyone?

yes. Please.

Kylo Ren 03-09-2012 01:17 PM

I say the Chiefs should apply Obama's economic strategy to their attempts to sign free agents..... They should sign ALL of the free agents available, no matter what the price is and make EVERYONE happy, the Manning fans, the Freeney fans, the Hines Ward fans and etc. That would work, right?

suds79 03-09-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 8432235)
Carl Nicks anyone?

What is he wanting?

Wants to be paid like a top rated Guard? Sure. I guess.

Wants huge money. Like LT money? Sorry Carl. You're just a Guard. Check yourself.

nychief 03-09-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 8433169)
I say the Chiefs should apply Obama's economic strategy to their attempts to sign free agents..... They should sign ALL of the free agents available, no matter what the price is and make EVERYONE happy, the Manning fans, the Freeney fans, the Hines Ward fans and etc. That would work, right?

Wow. You know less about politics than you do about football.

Kylo Ren 03-09-2012 01:25 PM

Updated with the latest Manning news........ and a Luis Castillo too.....

Carlota69 03-09-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 8433198)
Updated with the latest Manning news........ and a Luis Castillo too.....

Luis Castillo has been here????? How do you know? was there a flight tracker report??

Nightfyre 03-09-2012 02:04 PM

If there is one thing Pioli and Crennel know, it is the defensive line. If they want to bring in Castillo, I have faith that they know what they are doing.

Kylo Ren 03-10-2012 11:07 AM

And NEXT on As The Manning Turns...... things are starting to heat up!

Look! Up in the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? ..... YES! It's Peyton Manning's plane on final approach to Wheeler downtown airport!!!!!

Kylo Ren 03-12-2012 08:37 AM

Old news: Chiefs are OUT.