ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256626)

ChiefsCountry 03-05-2012 11:11 PM

I think it is a 24 hour rule actually, especially on the weekends.

RealSNR 03-05-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8420783)
Boss was on CP while ago, he made a few posts. Maybe he forgot?

Did Direckshun forget to PM him?

Maybe Direckshun is the dirty one.

RealSNR 03-05-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8420779)
And we ****ing traded picks!

And I won the draft last year, too.

Oh wait, that actually did happen.

BossChief 03-05-2012 11:32 PM

My bad, didn't think this would roll as fast as it has.

I'll have my pick in in a little bit, I'm still weighing my options.

BossChief 03-06-2012 12:23 AM

With the 8th pick in the first round of the 2012 NFL Draft, The Miami Dolphins select Courtney Upshaw DE/LB Alabama

I know this may be a reach to most people, as he isn't really thought of this highly most places I look... but this kid is really special. He can rush off the edge, set the edge...he impacts all facets of the game and I see him transitioning very well to the NFL.

He is also scheme diverse and the Dolphins will seemingly use a hybrid 4-3/3-4 alignment.

This may well break my streak of nailing my first round picks after taking Julio jones at 6 last year and taking Weatherspoon for Atlanta the year before, but I think it's worth it.

Next up is Carolina.

I'll send the pm right now.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 06:58 AM

Well Direkshun up and took the hybrid pass-rusher I really wanted here since Rivera can't seem to figure out if he wants to go with a 4-3 or a 3-4 (still can't believe that happened), but I suppose I can make do with the most physically gifted lineman in the draft:

The Carolina Panthers select Quinton Coples, DE - North Carolina

Here's hoping the talent trumps the motor...or at least the motor gets a bit of a tuneup at the NFL level.

Bills are up, PM sent.

Sfeihc 03-06-2012 07:55 AM

Pesty and the CHIEFS are on deck!:popcorn:

RealSNR 03-06-2012 08:21 AM

Eff you guys for taking all the pass rushers.

My Seattle pick is going to be spectacularly True Faneriffic

htismaqe 03-06-2012 08:29 AM

The Buffalo Bills are about to reach. They REALLY wanted a pass rusher but the early run on them has left them scratching their chins...

htismaqe 03-06-2012 08:46 AM

The Buffalo Bills are in an interesting position.

They desperately need help at both DE and OLB, now that they are transitioning to a 4-3. The early run on defensive ends has put them in a bad spot.

They could look at OT but the two logical selections, Martin and Reiff neither project out to be sure-fire LEFT tackles and the Bills are already set on the right with Erik Pears. Furthermore, there's some talk within the organization and without that the offensive line wasn't THAT bad and that Fitzpatrick himself contributed to some of the protection problems.

After much sweating, the Buffalo Bills select:

WHITNEY MERCILUS, DE, ILLINOIS

Many thought that Mercilus would benefit from a lack of premiere DE talent in this draft and sure enough he did. Mercilus was somewhat of a "one year wonder" amassing 16 of his 18 college sacks during the 2011 season. He isn't a particularly explosive player off the snap but has good instincts and can get to the QB.

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 09:01 AM

Lets see if Pest goes Trent Richardson or DeCastro or Martin/Rieff.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8421284)
Eff you guys for taking all the pass rushers.

My Seattle pick is going to be spectacularly True Faneriffic

When Ingram went off the board, I was dead certain that Coples was gone to Miami and that I was going to have to murder Direkshun.

Major sigh of relief when he slipped the extra spot. Like you, I was gonna have to go true fan because I just couldn't bring myself to reach for Michael Brockers.

Though you may go even more true-fan than me; I'd have never gone DeCastro (Martin was my guy) - but out in Seattle, the home of Marshawn Lynch and his...uh....limited explosiveness, a badass guard may be a perfect fit to blow open holes for some power football.

the Talking Can 03-06-2012 09:16 AM

4 DEs in the top 10...yikes

Richardson or OL.....?

i have no idea what pioli would do, besides trying to trade down..

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8421407)
4 DEs in the top 10...yikes

Richardson or OL.....?

i have no idea what pioli would do, besides trying to trade down..

The league is hell-bent on not allowing DBs to do their job, so you might as well get after the passer.

Had a legit #1 CB prospect that didn't get thrown out of school or have problems rockin' the gange fallen to me, I'd have probably still gone CB, but one Claiborne was off the board, a pass-rusher was a no-brainer for a team that finished with 31 sacks last season and couldn't so much as slow most passing games down.

RealSNR 03-06-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421404)
When Ingram went off the board, I was dead certain that Coples was gone to Miami and that I was going to have to murder Direkshun.

Major sigh of relief when he slipped the extra spot. Like you, I was gonna have to go true fan because I just couldn't bring myself to reach for Michael Brockers.

Though you may go even more true-fan than me; I'd have never gone DeCastro (Martin was my guy) - but out in Seattle, the home of Marshawn Lynch and his...uh....limited explosiveness, a badass guard may be a perfect fit to blow open holes for some power football.

Seattle's two biggest needs are QB and pass rusher. One of those positions is short in this draft, and the other got raped over by these fiends.

DeCastro's on my short list. Seahawk fans are bitching about John Moffitt, but he just needs a year. He'll be fine. It'd be the other guard position I consider if DeCastro's still on the board.

the Talking Can 03-06-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421414)
The league is hell-bent on not allowing DBs to do their job, so you might as well get after the passer.

Had a legit #1 CB prospect that didn't get thrown out of school or have problems rockin' the gange fallen to me, I'd have probably still gone CB, but one Claiborne was off the board, a pass-rusher was a no-brainer for a team that finished with 31 sacks last season and couldn't so much as slow most passing games down.

i'm not really criticizing it, just surprised...in the drafters defense, I think this draft is soft in the first after about 4-5 guys, and in another year these DE's would be falling to mid-lower first round...

unless you have a screaming need for a tackle, the value just isn't there..its why we're even considering a RB with Charles on our roster...it would be a true BPA pick..

edit

think of a guy like Jerry Hughes, TCU, a couple of years ago...31st pick...was he that much lesser a prospect than Upshaw?

htismaqe 03-06-2012 09:32 AM

That's just it - after the top 4 or 5, this draft just isn't stellar.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8421423)
i'm not really criticizing it, just surprised...in the drafters defense, I think this draft is soft in the first after about 4-5 guys, and in another year these DE's would be falling to mid-lower first round...

unless you have a screaming need for a tackle, the value just isn't there..its why we're even considering a RB with Charles on our roster...it would be a true BPA pick..

edit

think of a guy like Jerry Hughes, TCU, a couple of years ago...31st pick...was he that much lesser a prospect than Upshaw?

Then again, is Coples any less talented than Mario Williams? There are even similar questions surrounding their technique and intensity.

I'm not convinced that this is a bad draft for pass-rushers. Someone like Ingram really does look like he could make a Von Miller like impact.

the Talking Can 03-06-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421454)
Then again, is Coples any less talented than Mario Williams? There are even similar questions surrounding their technique and intensity.

I'm not convinced that this is a bad draft for pass-rushers. Someone like Ingram really does look like he could make a Von Miller like impact.

Ingram is the one that surprised me the most, imo...I watched the guy play most of the year, thought he was very good...never thought he was a top-10 pick...can't say I see the similarities to Miller at all...

but this is just chatter...

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8421489)
Ingram is the one that surprised me the most, imo...I watched the guy play most of the year, thought he was very good...never thought he was a top-10 pick...can't say I see the similarities to Miller at all...

but this is just chatter...

His versatility really has teams chasing him. With so many teams trying to incorporate hybrid fronts, a guy that can put his hand on the ground in a 4-3 or be a standup LBer in a 3-4 is damn valuable. Ultimately I think Ingram is a better fit as a 3-4 OLBer (has very nice hands and plays well in space) and if you can get a guy that is versatile enough to both rush the passer and cover in space, you have an amazing prospect on your hands.

I really really liked Ingram in this draft. He has greater upside as an OLBer than any player available this year, IMO.

Lono 03-06-2012 10:04 AM

He sucks, i hope no one picks him.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lono (Post 8421524)
He sucks, i hope no one picks him.

He gone. Went to Direkshun already.

Lono 03-06-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421532)
He gone. Went to Direkshun already.

Well piss, I didn't even see that. Nice pick up. I would have picked him with the Jets and ran away laughing at him being there.

The Franchise 03-06-2012 10:27 AM

I'm using my phone and now I have a tough decision to make. Give me like an hour.

Sfeihc 03-06-2012 10:40 AM

Allright all you Pioli's out there what do you do here @ 11 with TR and DeCastro on the board? Pick one of those two or try and trade down?

IMHO, You don't pass on a guy who grades out to be an potential All-Pro. DeCastro is my pick. A while back the CHIEFS faced a similar situation with two safties they thought were good or good enough(Woods and Tounge, I believe) and they passed on Ed Reed. Oops!
You take the Ed Reed type player.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 10:49 AM

Trent Richardson would be my guy without question. Then Martin, then DeCastro.

Lono 03-06-2012 11:06 AM

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3. Myself, I would prefer one of the two lineman. DeCastro will be a 12 year all pro type of guy and a dominate force in the run game. To me its hard to pass on a guy who is literally a can't miss.

ChiefsCountry 03-06-2012 11:08 AM

Richardson, Rieff, DeCastro.

jd1020 03-06-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8421646)
Richardson, Rieff, DeCastro.

I'd pick Reiff.

Richardson is all well and good but there are some really good RBs available in the 2nd/3rd round like Doug Martin. Starting to like that kid more and more.

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 11:23 AM

I'll take Will Shields, I mean David DeCastro.

The Franchise 03-06-2012 11:25 AM

The Kansas City Chiefs select Trent Richardson, RB, University of Alabama.

The obvious choice in this spot would be to trade down but that isn't going to happen in this mock. So I'll go with the BPA who also fits a position of need. We have no idea where Charles is or even if he will ever be at 100%. You can say that you don't take RBs this high but Richardson is an every down back and the contract at #11 isn't franchise killing. Charles and Richardson give this offense a running game to lean on if Cassel is the QB. If its Orton or Manning.....this offense just became top 5.

htismaqe 03-06-2012 11:32 AM

Not a bad pick. I sincerely hope Manning is the QB and not stop-gap 1 or stop-gap 2 if we're taking Richardson.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8421672)
I'd pick Reiff.

Richardson is all well and good but there are some really good RBs available in the 2nd/3rd round like Doug Martin. Starting to like that kid more and more.

Martin looked like a bit of a plodder to me; not much explosion there and not a great deal of power.

If absolutely everything goes to script, he could end up being a Matt Forte type player. I don't see him having Forte's agility though.

If everything goes to script for Miller, he's another Jamaal Charles. And for Richardson it's Adrian Peterson.

With the only really good choices being Martin (need), DeCastro (ability), Poe (ugh, I guess) and Richardson; I think Trent has the best combination of need, positional value, dynamic ability and overall ceiling. With the pick I would've used on Miller in the 2nd, I can go after Alemu or Sanders to fill other needs quite well in their own right.

jd1020 03-06-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8421696)
Not a bad pick. I sincerely hope Manning is the QB and not stop-gap 1 or stop-gap 2 if we're taking Richardson.

I hope some tackle falls to the second round. The market for tackle is so depressing passed the top 3 in the draft. There's nothing in FA and not much in the draft either. People are starting to think about DeCastro and Glenn at tackle, now.

On the other hand, there are good RBs that should be available to us in the second and there are so good RBs in FA that would fit.

jd1020 03-06-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421711)
If everything goes to script for Miller, he's another Jamaal Charles. And for Richardson it's Adrian Peterson.

Martin is 5'9 220. He has power to his game. Not sure how that = Charles.

The Franchise 03-06-2012 11:45 AM

Reading is fundamental. He said Miller = Charles.

jd1020 03-06-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8421748)
Reading is fundamental. He said Miller = Charles.

I can only assume that he used the wrong name since we were never talking about Miller.

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8421778)
I can only assume that he used the wrong name since we were never talking about Miller.

You know what they say about assuming...

He compared Martin to Forte, Miller to Charles, and Richardson to AP.

jd1020 03-06-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8421787)
You know what they say about assuming...

He compared Martin to Forte, Miller to Charles, and Richardson to AP.

I can see that then. I still like having a top talent in the draft at T blocking for Forte and Charles over having a meh player blocking for AP and Charles.

Another thing about drafting Richardson would mean pretty much eliminating Charles. Which may not be a bad thing because Charles might not be the Charles we knew, ever again. Someone like Richardson is someone you don't have on the bench.

DBoweShow 03-06-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8421811)
I can see that then. I still like having a top talent in the draft at T blocking for Forte and Charles over having a meh player blocking for AP and Charles.

Another thing about drafting Richardson would mean pretty much eliminating Charles. Which may not be a bad thing because Charles might not be the Charles we knew, ever again. Someone like Richardson is someone you don't have on the bench.

I don't see why you need to eliminate Charles. Charles is someone you don't have on the bench. Why can't you just get them both around 15 touches in a game. I see nothing wrong with that. IMO

The Franchise 03-06-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8421811)

Not true. You can still give Richardson 20-25 touches a game and Charles 15-20.

jd1020 03-06-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBoweShow (Post 8421848)
I don't see why you need to eliminate Charles. Charles is someone you don't have on the bench. Why can't you just get them both around 15 touches in a game. I see nothing wrong with that. IMO

I guess I just don't see the sense in drafting an AP type RB to split carries.

Even last year when AP only played 12 games he was averaging 19 touches a game.

Vikes #2 who started the rest and played in all 16 averaged 8. If you take out the games he didn't start he was averaging 4 touches a game with AP healthy.

Now, Charles is better than Gerhart but hes not a 3 down back and sitting an AP type runner to accommodate someone else, even if it is Charles, just doesn't make sense to me.

the Talking Can 03-06-2012 12:19 PM

you can't take a ****ing guard at #11

I don't care if he has lazer beam eyes and a 90 foot cock that doubles as an apartment complex for pets...

never...****ing...ever

you: "hey, what's KC's biggest need?"
me: "QB"
you: "hey, the best option at #11 is a guard"
me: "this is the button for apocalypse...I'm pushing it, nice knowing y'all"

jd1020 03-06-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8421856)

Are we going to be the Denver Broncos now?

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8421879)
you can't take a ****ing guard at #11

I don't care if he has lazer beam eyes and a 90 foot cock that doubles as an apartment complex for pets...

never...****ing...ever

you: "hey, what's KC's biggest need?"
me: "QB"
you: "hey, the best option at #11 is a guard"
me: "this is the button for apocalypse...I'm pushing it, nice knowing y'all"

A couple of guards were taken at #17 (Steve Hutchinson, Mike Iupati) and #23 (Davin Joseph, Danny Watkins) and Chris Naeole was taken #10 overall.

It's a weak draft this year and DeCastro is a great prospect. I wouldn't be upset with him at #11.

The Franchise 03-06-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8421938)

Do you understand the difference between touches and carries?

jd1020 03-06-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8421949)
Do you understand the difference between touches and carries?

Do you understand the ratio of rushes to catches RBs get?

The Broncos averaged 34 rushes a game.

Taking the best reception years of both Charles and Peterson and adding the ratio of rushes:catches to fit the 15-20 range for Charles and 20-25 range for Peterson you are looking at 30-36 rushes a game and about 5 catches combined.

DBoweShow 03-06-2012 12:41 PM

I don't personally see how Richardson and Charles splitting touches/carries is a bad thing at all. Keeps them both healthier and fresh, so when and if we can sneak into the playoffs with Castle/or be a top 5 offense with Manning, we have to stud running backs who are both fresh and ready to run in the 3 games in the postseason.

the Talking Can 03-06-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8421943)
A couple of guards were taken at #17 (Steve Hutchinson, Mike Iupati) and #23 (Davin Joseph, Danny Watkins) and Chris Naeole was taken #10 overall.

It's a weak draft this year and DeCastro is a great prospect. I wouldn't be upset with him at #11.

i'm not drafting the least important player on the field in the first round (without trading down), unless my team is set everywhere else...guards are the easiest position in football to find in the draft...and you don't need all-pro guards anyways...unless your QB and RB both suck ass, in which case you should be drafting a QB or RB

for a team with our needs, it's a giant ****ing waste...not to mention it just makes me sick on principal, a team that won't draft QBs but will draft guards..

*edit*

I'm not trying to be argumentative in this thread or derail it...this my second favorite thread of the year...just blowing off QB-related steam which sprays indiscriminately...

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8421967)
i'm not drafting the least important player on the field in the first round (without trading down), unless my team is set everywhere else...guards are the easiest position in football to find in the draft...and you don't need all-pro guards anyways...unless your QB and RB both suck ass, in which case you should be drafting a QB or RB

for a team with our needs, it's a giant ****ing waste...not to mention it just makes me sick on principal, a team that won't draft QBs but will draft guards..

Disagree. A big, strong guard who can block giant tackles that is also athletic enough to pull and smart enough to pick up blitzes can open up the offense quite a bit. Sure, you can find guards late. I also think you can find RBs late. In a normal draft DeCastro wouldn't need to be taken this high, but it's a very weak draft.

htismaqe 03-06-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8421856)

You do realize that you're talking about an offense that has less balance than the 2010 offense, right?

htismaqe 03-06-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8421938)

I think with the thought of Matt Cassel being the starter fresh in their minds, that's the only option people see.

Myself, I'd rather not take Richardson...

Direckshun 03-06-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8420834)
Did Direckshun forget to PM him?

Maybe Direckshun is the dirty one.

Nope. Check his wall.

Direckshun 03-06-2012 01:57 PM

To be fair, Cassel's actually a halfway decent QB when the run game is on.

Richardson/Charles ensures that it's on for all 16 games.

You'll get nothing but 27/7 seasons out of him with that kind of consistency running the ball.

Direckshun 03-06-2012 02:01 PM

Seahawks badly need a QB or a DE. Both positions have been overdrafted so far. ROFL

SNR's in a bad place.

If he were comfortable with their character concerns, I'd go with either of the stud corners here.

Kuechly wouldn't be too bad of a fit, either. And there's always DeCastro, since Robert Gallery sucks the penis.

It just sucks SNR has to settle for this kind of bullshit.

the Talking Can 03-06-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8422189)
To be fair, Cassel's actually a halfway decent QB when the run game is on.

Richardson/Charles ensures that it's on for all 16 games.

You'll get nothing but 27/7 seasons out of him with that kind of consistency running the ball.

and accomplish nothing

DeezNutz 03-06-2012 02:38 PM

I would like for SNR to get the **** out of his basement long enough to check CP, make his pick, and then thank his mom for making his lunch and doing his laundry.

Sfeihc 03-06-2012 02:45 PM

Make the easy pick with TR gone, take DeCastro. Make up for letting Hutch get away. I'm sure the Cal guy(Lynch) won't mind having a Cardinal(DeCastro) blasting holes open for him.

DeezNutz 03-06-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 8422277)
Make the easy pick with TR gone, take DeCastro. Make up for letting Hutch get away. I'm sure the Cal guy(Lynch) won't mind having a Cardinal(DeCastro) blasting holes open for him.

If Pest passes on him, Richardson would have been making his way to your pick.

Sfeihc 03-06-2012 03:13 PM

Wow, TR with Dalton and Green! That would be something.

BossChief 03-06-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8420151)
I vote we eject BossChief from this mock and all future mocks.

:rolleyes:

Haha

For what?

BTW, I checked my private messages a couple times...if you had sent a pm (as required via rules to this) and not posted it on my wall, I would have gotten my pick in hours earlier.

I also think it's a bit rich to call for my head when I clearly followed the rules and you didn't...also, you made us all wait quite a bit last year for your pick.

Now, get out of my way so I can rape the talent from this draft as I have the last two years while you ensure your special teams unit is stellar...:D

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8422353)
:rolleyes:

Haha

For what?

BTW, I checked my private messages a couple times...if you had sent a pm (as required via rules to this) and not posted it on my wall, I would have gotten my pick in hours earlier.

I also think it's a bit rich to call for my head when I clearly followed the rules and you didn't...also, you made us all wait quite a bit last year for your pick.

Now, get out of my way so I can rape the talent from this draft as I have the last two years while you ensure your special teams unit is stellar...:D

Do whatever you want, you didn't take Coples from me so I'm happy.

RealSNR 03-06-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8422266)
I would like for SNR to get the **** out of his basement long enough to check CP, make his pick, and then thank his mom for making his lunch and doing his laundry.

Sorry. Some people have to work for a living to put food on the table.

I'm in the middle of crafting a glorious post in which I will make my pick. Hold yer horses.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8422443)

I'm in the middle of crafting a glorious post in which I will make my pick. Hold yer horses.

Try stealing; it's always worked for me.

I get to put a lot more thought into my draft strategy this way.

DeezNutz 03-06-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8422443)

On CP, we're all independently wealthy. Well...except for your sorry ass. Apologies.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8422489)
On CP, we're all independently wealthy. Well...except for your sorry ass. Apologies.

How else could the entire damn board manage in polite society with shaved heads and goatees?

Only the super wealthy can pull that look off.

RealSNR 03-06-2012 04:33 PM

The top players available that the Seahawks should consider:

Michael Brockers
David DeCastro
Kendall Wright
Michael Floyd
Luke Kuechly
Dre Kirkpatrick
Dontari Poe

Yes, that's right. The other tackles will continue to fall in this draft. Okung sucks dick (okay he's mediocre, but I love to dig at Sac's boy) and Carpenter had huge injury problems. It's sink or swim, and the new guys haven't been given a real good chance to swim at all. The same goes for G John Moffitt last year, whom I really liked. The team should in no way give up on him after one measly rookie year. He'll figure shit out, and he'll be good.

First step: Get rid of Dre Kirkpatrick. He's not the best player available, and he's far from a need. Trufant and Brandon Browner make up a formidable pair of CBs.

Piss on Michael Floyd (sorry, Pest). His skills are great, but not exceptional. And sheesh you want to talk about a WR with diva problems? How about off-the-field issues? Good lord. People who bitch about Jon Baldwin being a problem child need to shut the **** up.

Interior defensive line would be fabulous, but I don't see the talent available translating to what the Seahawks need. Brockers is a slow ****, still a bit immature, and I've got a nasty ass taste in my mouth from Tyson Jackson. I wouldn't wish that upon any team, especially a team that couldn't use him like a 3-4 team could use him. And **** Dontari Poe. He's not Haloti Ngata. Just shut the **** up, please.

Luke Kuechly, Kendall Wright, or David DeCastro? The talent : need ratio doesn't really favor Wright, IMO. And as great as DeCastro would be for the Seahawks' new run-first offense, they did just fine last year. They're much better finding interior linemen in the middle rounds to replace the other side of Moffit. As much as I hate white LBs (another dig at Sac), Kuechly makes the most sense here.

The Seahawks were fine against the run and pass in terms of yards. However, they can't keep both vets David Hawthorne and Leroy Hill. That's a small problem. By drafting Kuechly, they're getting a solid player to fill that position, as well as a player with the talent to work into pass rush lineups. It doesn't in any way address their pass rush problem, but it adds an extra possibility.

The Seattle Seahawks draft Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College

DeezNutz 03-06-2012 05:39 PM

The Cardinals need help along the offensive line in the worst way. Unfortunately, the OTs in this class are lackluster. Thus, the team selects the BPA at an area of need:

David DeCastro, OG, Stanford

True Fans everywhere rejoice.

RealSNR 03-06-2012 05:49 PM

I'm glad you took the ****ing guard, Deez.

You're a weaker bigger man than I

Direckshun 03-06-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8422531)
I've got a nasty ass taste in my mouth from Tyson Jackson.

We get it. You're ****ing an NFL player. Jesus.

I vote that we eject SNR from the rest of this mock and all future mocks.

Direckshun 03-06-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8422709)
The Cardinals need help along the offensive line in the worst way. Unfortunately, the OTs in this class are lackluster. Thus, the team selects the BPA at an area of need:

David DeCastro, OG, Stanford

True Fans everywhere rejoice.

BURN HERRRR

RealSNR 03-06-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8422800)
We get it. You're ****ing an NFL player. Jesus.

I vote that we eject SNR from the rest of this mock and all future mocks.

Went for the easy one, eh? You rely on your athleticism worse than Dontari Poe, and with roughly similar results-- 2nd-team CUSA.

On a side note, I recently found out that a former girlfriend of mine is currently married to Mark Tauscher. So the NFL is getting my sloppy seconds. Go me.

Direckshun 03-06-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8422843)
Went for the easy one, eh? You rely on your athleticism worse than Dontari Poe, and with roughly similar results-- 2nd-team CUSA.

On a side note, I recently found out that a former girlfriend of mine is currently married to Mark Tauscher. So the NFL is getting my sloppy seconds. Go me.

I pick the low-hanging fruit.

It's the best I can do with my Riley Reiff arms.

RealSNR 03-06-2012 07:18 PM

Clearly ChiefsCountry can't be trusted to make his picks on time. I say we kick him out.

DeezNutz 03-06-2012 07:35 PM

I....OOONNNNNEEEE the mock. ****ing ONE that mock. ClapClap.

ChiefsCountry 03-06-2012 07:37 PM

Well the Cowboys need help on the OL and CB, since the guard got taken we go for CB. Also since smoking weed is pretty standard for being a Cowboy, we go for the best corner here.

Dallas Cowboys select Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

doomy3 03-06-2012 08:42 PM

Excellent. The guy who the Eagles wanted all along makes it to our pick. This is a very deep DT class, but this guy fits the scheme very well and has monster upside. My favorite 4-3 DT in this class. He is a quick, penetrating DT in the mold of Cullen Jenkins, which works well since he is a little raw and can learn how to play the position from Jenkins.

The Eagles select Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State

Direckshun 03-06-2012 11:34 PM

My remaining big board:

Spoiler!

Direckshun 03-06-2012 11:48 PM

The Jets have holes all over their overpaid roster.

I think, upon losing Burress, they should go with Floyd. Floyd's a ****ing headcase, but that's not a problem with the Jets.

Perry would also be a great pickup. Reiff fits their need the most, though.

ChiefsCountry 03-07-2012 12:50 AM

Reiff makes sense for the Jets IMO. Barry Richardson might be the only right tackle that makes Wayne Hunter look good.