ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's do the Pioli thing again. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259929)

aturnis 05-28-2012 02:05 AM

sorry if the above post is spacey and discombobulated, it's 3a.m. and my brain is still emulsified from seeing The Avengers earlier tonight...

Okie_Apparition 05-28-2012 04:52 AM

The problem could be above Pioli
Haley said, nothing could get done because every little thing had to go through Dallas. & By wonders of this board, Clark doesn't live in Dallas. Or the country for that matter.

Which brings up the point, Clark is not the owner but the owners' chosen representative. If there has to be a family vote on changing the team's paper towel provider. Clark & Pioli better get some success fast or it will only get worse

Okie_Apparition 05-28-2012 05:02 AM

It's nothing really a locked boardroom & 10 gallon Igloo spigot cooler of Mountainberry Punch can not solve

Mojo Jojo 05-28-2012 05:12 AM

Other things to put into play....under Carl ticket base grew under Pioli shrinks. The Chiefs are facing multiple lawsuits since Pioli arrived. Being President/GM is much more than a QB.

el borracho 05-28-2012 08:41 AM

While I recognize many of the good things Pioli has accomplished the fact is that, in today's NFL, the quarterback and head coach define the team. Unfortunately, those are Pioli's biggest failings. Does anyone really think that Cassel and Crennel will lead the Chiefs to a Super Bowl? I don't.

Ace Gunner 05-28-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8642309)
Right, pioli is going to replace a qb immediately after a playoff appearance and a pro bowl. U guys need to lay off the crack.

hey, he lost that playoff game in loser fashion & he wasn't voted into the probowl, he got there by default. so :D

RealSNR 05-28-2012 10:23 AM

I'm seeing Trent Dilfer comparisons in this thread. Even if they're meant in jest.

The problem is that Trent Dilfer isn't good enough. The team is built like a brick shit house. It's solid from top to bottom. Depth everywhere, and each starter is at least adequate. EXCEPT the quarterback. Trent Dilfer doesn't win a Super Bowl without an elite defense. And our defense, while solid, is not yet elite. Maybe if Poe turns into a monster, but not until then. We still need an upper-echelon QB to make this work.

Manning would have done the trick. Same with RGIII or Luck. And I argued all draft season that Tannehill could have been the guy too. Someone with the talent of Matt Schaub would have been the absolute minimum we could have worked with.

All those guys are way better than Dilfer. At the point we don't have any choice but to trust in Stanzi.

tredadda 05-28-2012 12:41 PM

The biggest knock on Pioli IMO is his apparent unwavering support for Cassel. I don't knock him for bringing in Cassel as we needed a QB at the time and he came off a very good season in NE. Who knew that he was hot garbage that was protected by an insane amount of talent and would only excel against the worst teams in the league.

With Haley, I do not knock Pioli for that one either. GMs swing and miss all the time on HCs which would explain the high turnover at that position. When it became clear Haley was not the answer Pioli got rid of him and moved on. Here's hoping Romeo does better the second time around.

When it comes to the OC situation, Haley let Gailey go and caused Weis to leave, that is not on the GM. So in essence he has done a good job overall in building a solid team. I think people will feel much better about him if he will abandon his unyielding support for Cassel and finally draft a 1st round QB.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-28-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8643200)
I'm seeing Trent Dilfer comparisons in this thread. Even if they're meant in jest.

The problem is that Trent Dilfer isn't good enough. The team is built like a brick shit house. It's solid from top to bottom. Depth everywhere, and each starter is at least adequate. EXCEPT the quarterback. Trent Dilfer doesn't win a Super Bowl without an elite defense. And our defense, while solid, is not yet elite. Maybe if Poe turns into a monster, but not until then. We still need an upper-echelon QB to make this work.

Manning would have done the trick. Same with RGIII or Luck. And I argued all draft season that Tannehill could have been the guy too. Someone with the talent of Matt Schaub would have been the absolute minimum we could have worked with.

All those guys are way better than Dilfer. At the point we don't have any choice but to trust in Stanzi.

:hmmm: I've heard some Terrance Cooper guy throws a pretty mean spiral.

Ace Gunner 05-28-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8643200)

while I agree with your points in general, trent dilfer was quite a bit better than cassel or the others on this team. he had good feet & nice quick release, read defense pretty well, was a smooth executer but didn't have much of an arm. he was not real mentally tough, but he played a lot of hard fought games against reggie white & brett favre.

imo, when you get a team that can find several ways to win big games, your QB just needs to help it all along by being clutch during those tight moments in big games. favre only won 1 sb because he made critical mistakes, yet he had all the tools in spades.

you know this is what pioli sees in matt cassel is a guy that can cut down on mistakes when he gets into the red zone. but, he fails to see what we all see in cassel as far as getting there. when you look at that 2010 season, cassel was inconsistent when it came to the end of the season and beyond.

imo haley and the coaching staff did a really good job that season. I don't know whether this team can be coached up to that level again, but that's pretty much what the coaching staff will try to do.

RealSNR 05-28-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8643435)
while I agree with your points in general, trent dilfer was quite a bit better than cassel or the others on this team. he had good feet & nice quick release, read defense pretty well, was a smooth executer but didn't have much of an arm. he was not real mentally tough, but he played a lot of hard fought games against reggie white & brett favre.

imo, when you get a team that can find several ways to win big games, your QB just needs to help it all along by being clutch during those tight moments in big games. favre only won 1 sb because he made critical mistakes, yet he had all the tools in spades.

you know this is what pioli sees in matt cassel is a guy that can cut down on mistakes when he gets into the red zone. but, he fails to see what we all see in cassel as far as getting there. when you look at that 2010 season, cassel was inconsistent when it came to the end of the season and beyond.

imo haley and the coaching staff did a really good job that season. I don't know whether this team can be coached up to that level again, but that's pretty much what the coaching staff will try to do.

I don't want 2010 Matt Cassel. Cassel was a leech who got a large chunk of those TDs at the goal line. He gets credit for the low interceptions, but that's it.

He was still mediocre and quite bad at times between the 20s. Unless a guy could get wide ****ing open like against Seattle or Tennessee in 2010, Cassel wouldn't throw the ****ing ball.

Defenses have been able to pick up on his weaknesses in that respect. I don't think there's a game on our schedule this next year where he could throw for 300+ yards. Not one. Do you see any?

We don't need a 5000-yard passer. But we need a guy who can throw confidently down the field. I don't give a shit about arm strength. Just somebody who will work on timing with these receivers and help throw them open. If we can do that, they'll get softer cushions, which will allow for more passing success, which will open up lanes for Charles and Hillis.

2010 Matt Cassel is still incapable of doing that task. Thus, we're still the same ol' 8-8/9-7 one-and-done playoff team with a list of excuses a mile long.

RealSNR 05-28-2012 02:08 PM

You know who I'd take right now if he wasn't such a broke dick? Chad Pennington. He'd be perfect for what we need. Durability issues aside, of course.

Ace Gunner 05-28-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8643536)
I don't want 2010 Matt Cassel. Cassel was a leech who got a large chunk of those TDs at the goal line. He gets credit for the low interceptions, but that's it.

He was still mediocre and quite bad at times between the 20s. Unless a guy could get wide ****ing open like against Seattle or Tennessee in 2010, Cassel wouldn't throw the ****ing ball.

Defenses have been able to pick up on his weaknesses in that respect. I don't think there's a game on our schedule this next year where he could throw for 300+ yards. Not one. Do you see any?

We don't need a 5000-yard passer. But we need a guy who can throw confidently down the field. I don't give a shit about arm strength. Just somebody who will work on timing with these receivers and help throw them open. If we can do that, they'll get softer cushions, which will allow for more passing success, which will open up lanes for Charles and Hillis.

2010 Matt Cassel is still incapable of doing that task. Thus, we're still the same ol' 8-8/9-7 one-and-done playoff team with a list of excuses a mile long.

ya, that's right. I doubt i'll watch a matt cassel game. i'll just follow the scores and check post game vids.

Rausch 05-28-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8643541)
You know who I'd take right now if he wasn't such a broke dick? Chad Pennington. He'd be perfect for what we need. Durability issues aside, of course.

That's exactly who we have with less in-game smarts...

Titty Meat 05-28-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8643541)

Yea 9-7 ftw

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Rausch 05-28-2012 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8643580)
Yea 9-7 ftw

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8641742)
Because of the quarterback position? Pioli doesn't care about the QB position, right?

Riiiight.

It's not exactly a high bar to clear, but Quinn and Stanzi provide us the best QB depth this team has.

How can you say this?

Pioli would have earned a lot of respect from a lot of people if he had gone ahead and done the right thing by signing Orton.

Instead, even if Cassel has a 2010 season again, he has left us in a position where we are absolutely ****ed if Cassel goes down, barring a VERY UNLIKELY situation where Brady Quinn proves to be something other than complete shit, and/or Ricky Stanzi is even average in his 2nd year.

We have the worst QB situation in the NFL. It's not that Pioli doesn't care, it's more that he's too arrogant to get out of his own way and ****ing fix it.

Saccopoo 05-29-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8644584)
We have the worst QB situation in the NFL. It's not that Pioli doesn't care, it's more that he's too arrogant to get out of his own way and ****ing fix it.

I beg to differ:

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/Ti..._York_Jets.jpg

And Orton sucks. Period.

He got cut for Tebow - deservedly so might I add.

Cassel is better than Orton and that hurts to type those words.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-29-2012 07:57 AM

Uh-Oh. You've done ripped on the Golden Children now. Dozens will be along shortly to scold you for ripping on thier beloved Lords Mark and Timmay.

The excuses for Sanchez are about to flow...

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8644637)

Two quarterbacks who have won playoff games > 3 quarterbacks who suck shit.

Got it. :rolleyes:

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Cassel is better than Orton.

I can't believe anyone would type this after what happened at the end of last season.

If you were Chekov, and you were being treated at a San Francisco hospital for brain injuries suffered while falling off a naval dock, I would leave you to die and return to the 23rd century and save the whales.

Dave Lane 05-29-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8641917)
Which is an improvement over the 15-33 in the preceding three years (or 6-26 in the preceding 2).

Billay is an epic fool for things. Especially if the initials are RP

Dave Lane 05-29-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8642149)
Your QB is 100 times better though :(

100 * 0 = ??

themanwithnoname 05-29-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

I beg to differ:

And Orton sucks. Period.

He got cut for Tebow - deservedly so might I add.

Cassel is better than Orton and that hurts to type those words.

I was with you until the stuff about Orton. I do think the end results (wins namely) of Orton and Cassel over time are roughly equal, but Orton is a much better QB. If he'd been with the Chiefs in 2010 and all of 2011 I can all but guarantee that he'd have outperformed Cassel, even if the win-loss record didn't show any improvement. I have no delusions that he'd take us anywhere and I did not want him to be our starter this year either (with the exception being that they openly toss Cassel aside and then say they're looking for the QBotf and Orton is just there until then).

Orton and Cassel are both backup caliber QBs, but I'd take Orton any day over Cassel. Tebow should not even be mentioned in anything to do with QB and you almost completely unravel your argument by posting that Tebow is better than Orton. Cassel is better than Tebow. The only guy I can think of that I wouldn't want over Tebow is Palko. In the realm of not good to bad QBs, Orton>Cassel ~ Sanchez>Tebow. Then again, we're the real losers for even discussing this.

Wow this site is straight up stupid. I can't even quote someone that has a link or pic in their post. :spock:

Pasta Little Brioni 05-29-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8644667)
100 * 0 = ??

Falco isn't in the league any more (until one of Pitt's QB's go down). Cassel's at least a 1.

themanwithnoname 05-29-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8644649)
Two quarterbacks who have won playoff games > 3 quarterbacks who suck shit.

Got it. :rolleyes:

They all suck shit. Them winning playoff games does not exclude them from sucking shit.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-29-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 8644684)
They all suck shit. Them winning playoff games does not exclude them from sucking shit.

But, did you see the way Sanchez handed that ball off!!!

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 8644684)

No one who is objective would say our QB situation is better than New York's.

Direckshun 05-29-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8644584)
How can you say this?

Pioli would have earned a lot of respect from a lot of people if he had gone ahead and done the right thing by signing Orton.

Instead, even if Cassel has a 2010 season again, he has left us in a position where we are absolutely ****ed if Cassel goes down, barring a VERY UNLIKELY situation where Brady Quinn proves to be something other than complete shit, and/or Ricky Stanzi is even average in his 2nd year.

Seriously, Orton is Matt Cassel. They are a wash.

Orton offers a few tools that Cassel doesn't have, but he's useless in the Red Zone.

Cassel's already entrenched here. And either way, we're moving on from whomever the QB is in a year. So it doesn't matter.

We don't have the worst QB situation, by the way. Unless you mean starting QB, in which I'll say yeah, we're probably in the bottom 8.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-29-2012 08:43 AM

Those special green turds that come out every once in a while are still shit.

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8644697)
Seriously, Orton is Matt Cassel. They are a wash.

No, they are not.

One can throw down the field, one can't.

One can lead an effective pass-first offense, one can't.

That's a huge difference.

Pioli ****ed up.

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8644697)
We don't have the worst QB situation, by the way. Unless you mean starting QB, in which I'll say yeah, we're probably in the bottom 8.

Yes we do. Quinn shouldn't be in the NFL. Stanzi is a complete unknown.

We have shit backing up poop.

themanwithnoname 05-29-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8644696)
No one who is objective would say our QB situation is better than New York's.

Ok, what does that have to do with my post? My entire argument is that they're both shit, so who cares which one is better?

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 8644714)
Ok, what does that have to do with my post? My entire argument is that they're both shit, so who cares which one is better?

My argument is that we have the worst QB situation in the NFL.

Stating that a team with TWO QBs who have won playoff games is a worse QB situation than ours is ludicrous. Not that the Jets have a good QB situation.

Chiefnj2 05-29-2012 09:02 AM

Orton is such a fiery competitor he decided to sign with a team that gives him no shot at starting. That's the leadership I want.

boogblaster 05-29-2012 10:03 AM

marty-ball was better .. too bad he didn't have a O .....

CrazyHorse 05-29-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8644706)
No, they are not.

One can throw down the field, one can't.

One can lead an effective pass-first offense, one can't.

That's a huge difference.

Pioli ****ed up.

Pioli and 31 other NFL GMs. because that dude aint starting for nobody.

The point isnt load the roster with more shit. Its to find an NFL quality starter.

This argueing over what degree of shiit you want at QB is counter productive, childish, and makes you look ridiculous. Amongst other things.

Just say no to Orton and Sanchez.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-29-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8641895)
But we have a pro bowl QB.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-29-2012 01:43 PM

"This year will determine everything"!
LMAO

whoman69 05-29-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8641895)
But we have a pro bowl QB.

Every time this is said there should be a * or the favorite laughing smiley of choice.

gonefishin53 05-29-2012 03:16 PM

Maybe getting the "right 18" coaching staff is as important as the "right 53" player roster? Having no confusion about who's in charge of the offense should be better than last year's clusterfuck. Breaking the huddle with 10 seconds left on the play clock was hard to watch. I was dissappointed E. Thomas didn't get promoted to DC.

themanwithnoname 05-29-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8644722)
My argument is that we have the worst QB situation in the NFL.

Stating that a team with TWO QBs who have won playoff games is a worse QB situation than ours is ludicrous. Not that the Jets have a good QB situation.

Again, what does that have to do with my post?

Nightfyre 05-29-2012 04:57 PM

GoChiefs is like a reflexive troll. I don't think he can even help himself anymore. I frankly don't understand why he is still here, let alone accepted by the general populace.

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 8645570)
Again, what does that have to do with my post?

Nothing. Just explaining to you why I posted what I posted.

BossChief 05-29-2012 06:23 PM

Damn GoChiefs, you are a terrible gambler.

whoman69 05-29-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8645783)

Its not a gamble when you don't care whether you win the argument. Its all in the reaction he gets.

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8645783)

Am I?

The only reason I lost our bet last year was:

1. Charles got hurt

2. Battle got hurt

3. I still came within ONE CARRY of winning.

Seems like I barely lost a bet despite almost every possible break going against me.

Hammock Parties 05-29-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8645799)
Its not a gamble when you don't care whether you win the argument. Its all in the reaction he gets.

I care very much. You think I didn't want to serve up some Dexist sigs and avs to these idiots?

BossChief 05-29-2012 07:00 PM

You bet me you SIG AND AVATAR FOR A FULL YEAR that Charles will have 300 offsensive touches this year.

How many other people have you made bets with this currency?

You also said you'd leave for a year if we win 10 games, which is not only POSSIBLE, but PROBABLE.

That's not good business.

aturnis 05-29-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8645848)
You bet me you SIG AND AVATAR FOR A FULL YEAR that Charles will have 300 offsensive touches this year.

How many other people have you made bets with this currency?

You also said you'd leave for a year if we win 10 games, which is not only POSSIBLE, but PROBABLE.

That's not good business.

:spock: