ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music I banned Taylor Swift today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262434)

Simplicity 08-15-2012 07:43 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uCYrGFqHb2w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let's sing about cows, beer, and our sisters.

KChiefer 08-15-2012 07:43 PM

Nice. A station here used to do "Hump it or Dump it" to get feedback on what ppl liked.

And if you have to fill that poppier void, go with Jenny Lewis. Love her!

Simplicity 08-15-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8820855)
Hey look the 14 year old is trying to be clever.

I'd rather be 15 then 51.

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8820850)
NOTE: Video contains some offensive language. Watch at own risk.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/buZBbyBwCjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That song makes me want to shoot that dude in the face with a high powered rifle at short range and I even like some rap.

There is a lot of great country music dude, give it a rest.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8820849)
Underpants is easy to like. I think she is going to be around for a long time.

Underpants is a fantastic talent. Great voice. I hope she stops singing shitty songs.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8820864)
Nice. A station here used to do "Hump it or Dump it" to get feedback on what ppl liked.

And if you have to fill that poppier void, go with Jenny Lewis. Love her!

We do the "Miller Lite Good Call." Same thing. It's just an easy way for radio to test new music while making it a feature and making money.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8820865)
I'd rather be 15 then 51.

But try as you may you will eventually be 51. There's nothing you can do about it. And it'll be here day after tomorrow.

I say this with all due respect because I like you... but it may be time for you to go to another thread.

Simplicity 08-15-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8820890)
But try as you may you will eventually be 51. There's nothing you can do about it. And it'll be here day after tomorrow.

I say this with all due respect because I like you... but it may be time for you to go to another thread.

Well I just don't understand the "Kid, 3 year old, etc" shit even makes sense. Everyone (well most people) were 14 and 15 and 16 and 17 and 18 years old once in their lives. How the **** do I have control of when I am/was born.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8820898)
Well I just don't understand the "Kid, 3 year old, etc" shit even makes sense. Everyone (well most people) were 14 and 15 and 16 and 17 and 18 years old once in their lives. How the **** do I have control of when I am/was born.

You're missing the point. Just go to football practice before everyone decides you're a dumbass because you aren't.

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8820879)
Underpants is a fantastic talent. Great voice. I hope she stops singing shitty songs.

When I frist saw her on American Idol I told lil momma I thought she had the potential to be the top female recording artist of all time. Her song selection continues to deteriorate though. She needs to get a grip on that.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8820923)
When I frist saw her on American Idol I told lil momma I thought she had the potential to be the top female recording artist of all time. Her song selection continues to deteriorate though. She needs to get a grip on that.

Couldn't agree more. She's been doing crap for the last couple years and getting by on her pure talent and looks. Her new song "Blown Away" I actually like even though it's very pop... but that's country now. Have you heard it?

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 08:13 PM

Carrie Underwood "Blown Away"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pJgoHgpsb9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seclark 08-15-2012 08:15 PM

i remember back in 1973, the local am station banned "dead skunk"
it was a bitch move.
i don't give a **** about taylor swift though.
sec

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8820933)
Couldn't agree more. She's been doing crap for the last couple years and getting by on her pure talent and looks. Her new song "Blown Away" I actually like even though it's very pop... but that's country now. Have you heard it?

Yea but I am highly unimpressed based on her first two releases. Was it OK, yea, would I buy it, no. SHe has been an artist I have been impressed with enough in the past that I actually went out and purchased her fird 2 CD's. She needs to get somebody working with her that has a clue when selecting songs.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8820951)
Yea but I am highly unimpressed based on her first two releases. Was it OK, yea, would I buy it, no. SHe has been an artist I have been impressed with enough in the past that I actually went out and purchased her fird 2 CD's. She needs to get somebody working with her that has a clue when selecting songs.

Again, completely agree. Seems the longer any artist has success the worse they get.

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8820960)
Again, completely agree. Seems the longer any artist has success the worse they get.

She is a different case in that she wasn't discovered after she already had established a bunch of great songs so the first release was a hit then she fades away. I do believe a lot of songs may have been hand picked for her by people in high places due to her big success on American Idol. Whoever she has doing that for her now needs to get the pink slip. If she is doing it herself she needs to pick somebody else. She is going to fade fast if she doesn't do something there.

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 08:39 PM

Another thing I noticed with female artists is once they decide to settle down their carreer seems to settle down with them Faith Hill style. I realize that is a life choice and respect that but they seem to lose focas and I was hoping Unerwear would play the hand she had longer before trying to bag an athlete.

ChiefsCountry 08-15-2012 08:42 PM

She has gotten into writing more of her songs, which has taken a turn for the worst IMO as well. The new one though is pretty good lyrically - Blown Away is kind of like Indepedence Day by Martina McBride. We will see where she goes, she has all of the talent in the world though.

ILChief 08-15-2012 08:43 PM

You should switch to 80s hair band music

barry_smilez20 08-15-2012 08:45 PM

You and kcnut should get a panel discussion going on the topic of music snobbery. Y'all are really breaking ground in your views on Pink Floyd and Taylor Swift respectively.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8821009)
Another thing I noticed with female artists is once they decide to settle down their carreer seems to settle down with them Faith Hill style. I realize that is a life choice and respect that but they seem to lose focas and I was hoping Unerwear would play the hand she had longer before trying to bag an athlete.

Anyone who picks Faith Hill as a mentor should look elsewhere. Faith is completely irrelevant. Her last hit was 6 years ago. She's dead to the world.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barry_smilez20 (Post 8821027)
You and kcnut should get a panel discussion going on the topic of music snobbery. Y'all are really breaking ground in your views on Pink Floyd and Taylor Swift respectively.

red lines mean your opinion means as much as a dead rat in the alley.

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821140)
Anyone who picks Faith Hill as a mentor should look elsewhere. Faith is completely irrelevant. Her last hit was 6 years ago. She's dead to the world.

That wasn't what I was saying at all. I am not sure how you got that from what I posted.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8821016)
She has gotten into writing more of her songs, which has taken a turn for the worst IMO as well. The new one though is pretty good lyrically - Blown Away is kind of like Indepedence Day by Martina McBride. We will see where she goes, she has all of the talent in the world though.

Blown Away is rising slowly but steadily on the country charts. It's #19 next week in it's 5th week on the charts.

chasedude 08-15-2012 09:29 PM

:clap: To the OP.

Come to the Bash, I'll buy you a couple of beers!

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8821148)
That wasn't what I was saying at all. I am not sure how you got that from what I posted.

I was only commenting on a part of your post. Agreeing overall. My bad. Carrie was singing crap long before she got married.

Faith and Tim both lost their edge once they got married. Case in point... Tim is trying to resurect his career on Kenny Chesneys back now on their summer tour... and it's working so far. Faith is somewhere out there...

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8821156)
:clap: To the OP.

Come to the Bash, I'll buy you a couple of beers!

I doubt I'll make it... but if I do you're on.

Buehler445 08-15-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 8820657)
I would buy that if she didn't write her own stuff. But she does, and earned $35 million last year (tops in the US) on the back of those songs she wrote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8820668)
Your right other than marketing herself writing all of her own songs, songs for others an choreographing all of her shows she has no talent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8820725)
She is talented, she can write her own songs (supposedly).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8820735)
She does write her own songs and her own guitar parts and plays guitar. She has talent. I'm not denying that. Too bad she alienates a high percentage of fans in the genre she claims as her own.

All of which she does poorly. Maybe the choreographing and guitar has an argument, but writing and singing is off the table, boys. Have you listened to her songs?

I bet there are 100 people in the state of Kansas that are better singer/songwriter/guitarists in the country genre than she is. And Kansas has shit for musical talent.

She caught a break, marketed herself very well and wipes her ass with more money than I will make this year. But a talented musician she is not.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8821189)
All of which she does poorly. Maybe the choreographing and guitar has an argument, but writing and singing is off the table, boys. Have you listened to her songs?

I bet there are 100 people in the state of Kansas that are better singer/songwriter/guitarists in the country genre than she is. And Kansas has shit for musical talent.

She caught a break, marketed herself very well and wipes her ass with more money than I will make this year. But a talented musician she is not.

Hater

Brock 08-15-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

I've listened to her songs, they're typical country songs. Most country artists can't even do that by themselves.

Buehler445 08-15-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8821224)
Hater

Realist dude. Her "music" grates my nerves. Can't ****ing stand it.

Anyway, sorry I missed your call. I'll give you a shout tomorrow.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

I pretty much agree with all of this. I'd still hate **** her though.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8821245)
Realist dude. Her "music" grates my nerves. Can't ****ing stand it.

Anyway, sorry I missed your call. I'll give you a shout tomorrow.

Just yanking your chain. I agree. Wife loves it. I can't change it.fast enough.

Buehler445 08-15-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8821243)
I've listened to her songs, they're typical country songs. Most country artists can't even do that by themselves.

No. They're pointless runon sentences. Not meaningful music. She's not the only shit ass country musician. I'm not arguing that. But her songs are ass.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8821243)

Gonna disagree here. Most country artists can actually be who they are without a million studio tricks. Really. Taylor can't.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2012 09:54 PM

Girl has bank though. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-to-boyfriend/

Buehler445 08-15-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8821271)

Not arguing that either. Like I said, she probably wipes her ass with more than I'll make this year.

Brock 08-15-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821267)
Gonna disagree here. Most country artists can actually be who they are without a million studio tricks. Really. Taylor can't.

Most of them have somebody like FAX write their songs for them, and then tell him they won't record it without stealing a songwriting credit. I don't really care about this one way or the other, but even if every song she writes is a breakup song with high-schoolish lyrics, I'm more impressed by that than I am by a good singer who's singing somebody else's words. If she's still doing that kind of songwriting a few years from now and doesn't grow beyond it, then I'd agree with what you're saying.

ChiefsCountry 08-15-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821267)

She is pretty damn good live.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8821265)
No. They're pointless runon sentences. Not meaningful music. She's not the only shit ass country musician. I'm not arguing that. But her songs are ass.

She didn't start by being the crap she is now. You may not like her early stuff but "Teardrops On My Guitar," "Our Song," "Tim Mcgraw" weren't shit for her being the age she was then. "Back To December" is a pretty well written song in her more recent past.

I'm not defending her... just trying to be fair.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8821275)
Not arguing that either. Like I said, she probably wipes her ass with more than I'll make this year.

You can add our.income in also.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8821276)
Most of them have somebody like FAX write their songs for them, and then tell him they won't record it without stealing a songwriting credit. I don't really care about this one way or the other, but even if every song she writes is a breakup song with high-schoolish lyrics, I'm more impressed by that than I am by a good singer who's singing somebody else's words. If she's still doing that kind of songwriting a few years from now and doesn't grow beyond it, then I'd agree with what you're saying.

You're absolutely right that many artists have ghost writers but thats true in every genre. Taylor writes her own lyrics... she just still writes like a 16 year old.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8821277)
She is pretty damn good live.

I would hope so. Hours and days of practice should help anyone get it all down.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 10:04 PM

We're up to 106 new friends on our station fb now just for not playing one song.

Buehler445 08-15-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821281)
She didn't start by being the crap she is now. You may not like her early stuff but "Teardrops On My Guitar," "Our Song," "Tim Mcgraw" weren't shit for her being the age she was then. "Back To December" is a pretty well written song in her more recent past.

I'm not defending her... just trying to be fair.

Just because a 16 year old sang it doesn't excuse it for being crap. It is just a lesser degree of crap than some of her other crap. Crap nonetheless.

Look, I don't hate her the human. In my eyes, she is Tebow. Talentless pile of crap that is ****ING EVERYWHERE because the media/society identifies them as some sort of baseless deity. She's probably a nice person. And I appreciate the fact that she is a good role model for young people. Tebow is too.

But from a performance perspective they are both shit.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8821302)
Just because a 16 year old sang it doesn't excuse it for being crap. It is just a lesser degree of crap than some of her other crap. Crap nonetheless.

Look, I don't hate her the human. In my eyes, she is Tebow. Talentless pile of crap that is ****ING EVERYWHERE because the media/society identifies them as some sort of baseless deity. She's probably a nice person. And I appreciate the fact that she is a good role model for young people. Tebow is too.

Fair enough. No arguement.

I just hate that her song writting was starting to show some growth with "Back To December" and "Mine" and now she's reverted back to lowest common denominator. I actually think she has more talent than what she's showing.

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8821302)

Has anyone mentioned she can't dance her way out of a wet paper bag yet?

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 10:18 PM

Consider that she was 18 when she wrote this...

Back To December

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MqAkTyprC_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821325)
Consider that she was 18 when she wrote this...

Back To December

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MqAkTyprC_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My kid liked Taylor when he was 3 and 4 and is over it by 5. I think that says it all. I don't think she is going to be able to convert out of this tiny bop phase with her level of talent on all levels. She has true work ethic though at least at this point but that is a mighty big hill in front of her.

SPchief 08-15-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8820676)
There are about 5 current artists that really do country music these days. If Taylor being a pop artist was the criteria we'd drop 90% of our playlist.

If you like country music then listen to Chris Young, Easton Corbin, Greg Bates, David Nail and some "oldies" like George Strait and Alan Jackson.

Honest opinion, what's your thoughts on Will Hoge giving up and selling his songs off? I saw him a few times, once in Memphis and another here in KC and I thought he had good stuff going. Then a year later, I hear pne of his songs covered on the radio by The Eli Young band.

ChiefsCountry 08-15-2012 10:27 PM

Speaking of new singers, I kind of dig her voice and her body is just rocking.
http://countrysongsonline.com/wp-con...ebut-Album.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 10:32 PM

Like that song or not it's pretty mature for an 18 year old to say...

This is me swallowing my pride
standing in front of you
saying I'm sorry for that night
and I go back to December all the time
its turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you
wishin I'd realized what I had when you were mine
so I go back to December all the time

OK so maybe it's pretty simplistic still. She still did better than she's doing now.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 8821335)
Honest opinion, what's your thoughts on Will Hoge giving up and selling his songs off? I saw him a few times, once in Memphis and another here in KC and I thought he had good stuff going. Then a year later, I hear pne of his songs covered on the radio by The Eli Young band.

He realized he isn't marketable enough as an artist so he decided on the next step... songwritting. I'd love to be a hit songpwriter. Will has a lot going for him.

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8821336)

Haven't heard her. Thanks for the tip.

-King- 08-15-2012 10:38 PM

http://www.dctobc.com/wp-content/upl...st-500x375.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8821336)

Well she is an actress too. Check out One Tree Hill and Entourage. She's a pretty girl. Her debut single "Why Ya Wanna" is pretty much crap.

ChiefsCountry 08-15-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8821349)
Haven't heard her. Thanks for the tip.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ho5HV_9_o_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821343)
Like that song or not it's pretty mature for an 18 year old to say...

This is me swallowing my pride
standing in front of you
saying I'm sorry for that night
and I go back to December all the time
its turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you
wishin I'd realized what I had when you were mine
so I go back to December all the time

OK so maybe it's pretty simplistic still. She still did better than she's doing now.

Taylor has a lot going for her. She understands marketing. She understands her market and is trying to max it out. I think she is a mediocre songwriter but is doing it. She has an extreme work ethic. My guess is if you met her she would be as sharp as a razors edge. With all that going for her you can never count her out. My guess she will always be putting it out there with some level of success but it will never be close to what she has experienced so far based upon all the weaknesses we have reflected on.

Wait a second, why are you pimping her Mr. 200 new friends?

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 10:44 PM

IMO Jana Kramer is a perfect example of pretty girl meets right label. Her debut single is nothing special at all. It's a top 10 hit right now tho. Thank you label marketing machine.

SPchief 08-15-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821348)
He realized he isn't marketable enough as an artist so he decided on the next step... songwritting. I'd love to be a hit songpwriter. Will has a lot going for him.

That's a shame. IMO he put on a hell of a show both times I saw him. Played the crowd really well. Obviously he can write.

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8821353)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ho5HV_9_o_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yea, she is a looker. She has that basic fundamental country sound. I would love to see her vocals challenged a little more. Great video though.

ChiefsCountry 08-15-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821362)
IMO Jana Kramer is a perfect example of pretty girl meets right label. Her debut single is nothing special at all. It's a top 10 hit right now tho. Thank you label marketing machine.

I like her voice, its an older country sounding voice IMO.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8821358)
Taylor has a lot going for her. She understands marketing. She understands her market and is trying to max it out. I think she is a mediocre songwriter but is doing it. She has an extreme work ethic. My guess is if you met her she would be as sharp as a razors edge. With all that going for her you can never count her out. My guess she will always be putting it out there with some level of success but it will never be close to what she has experienced so far based upon all the weaknesses we have reflected on.

Wait a second, why are you pimping her Mr. 200 new friends?

I actually think Taylor has talent. I don't think she's being lead by the best people. She writes and sings and gets told she's the best by her handlers. I'd like to see her do some real meaningful music and have success with it. I'd like to see her blossom into a worthy star because I think she does have the talent to do that... with the right help.

This thread wasn't about her failures as much as about Nashvilles failures.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 8821364)
That's a shame. IMO he put on a hell of a show both times I saw him. Played the crowd really well. Obviously he can write.

This is no offense to him. Some people are meant for the stage and some are meant to be songwritters. I'd love to be a song writter.

edit... being a country star these days is about sex appeal, stage presence, ability to play and sing, deliver the song... of those who have that about 5% make it. It doesn't make the remaining 95% bad... just not as lucky.

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821372)
I actually think Taylor has talent. I don't think she's being lead by the best people. She writes and sings and gets told she's the best by her handlers. I'd like to see her do some real meaningful music and have success with it. I'd like to see her blossom into a worthy star because I think she does have the talent to do that... with the right help.

This thread wasn't about her failures as much as about Nashvilles failures.

Funny, I thought it was about you having a bunch of new friends LMAO

SPchief 08-15-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821375)
This is no offense to him. Some people are meant for the stage and some are meant to be songwritters. I'd love to be a song writter.

edit... being a country star these days is about sex appeal, stage presence, ability to play and sing, deliver the song... of those who have that about 5% make it. It doesn't make the remaining 95% bad... just not as lucky.

And money backing you. Hoge had some money backing him 2 years ago and he didn't catch on. I was just wondering your opinion on him. Primarily because I saw him before he hit the "map" and I'm assuming you knew it.(I could be wrong) I'm glad he's making money off songwriting he really can put on a show.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8821383)
Funny, I thought it was about you having a bunch of new friends LMAO

Yeah a thread about a country singer will gain me a lot of new friends. I'm not going to apologize for trying to be friends with people I talk to on-line, including you.

Yeah I've posted some threads that a lot of people think are stupid. So be it. It doesn't bother me. For every nasty comment I've gotten there's been a new rep or pm from someome who's into it.

Mostly I find that if if you reach out to people, people respond. Those that don't and those who make fun of me don't matter.

You and I used to have a problem BD. Now here we are talking. All I'm sayin.

SPchief 08-15-2012 11:09 PM

Sorry to derail the thread. Oh and Taylor is awful these days. IMO

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 11:14 PM

For anyone who hates country tell me you hate this. Still gives me the tingles. I just hope Carrie can somehow return to making music like this. BTW if anyone can get this to post directly I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxlTqPFpOYI

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 8821390)
And money backing you. Hoge had some money backing him 2 years ago and he didn't catch on. I was just wondering your opinion on him. Primarily because I saw him before he hit the "map" and I'm assuming you knew it.(I could be wrong) I'm glad he's making money off songwriting he really can put on a show.

So many people have money backing them then never end up stars. LoCash Cowboys for example. They wrote "You Gonna Fly" that went to #1 for Keith Urban this year. They wrote "Truck Yeah" for Tim McGraw that is #13 right now. They have good songs on their own, especially "Keep In Mind" that was a minor hit last year. People love them but it's all about timing and having the right team behind you.

Preston and Chris of LoCash Cowboys are frineds of mine. But I don't think they're ever going to make it big as recording artists.

ChiefsCountry 08-15-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821400)
So many people have money backing them then never end up stars. LoCash Cowboys for example. They wrote "You Gonna Fly" that went to #1 for Keith Urban this year. They wrote "Truck Yeah" for Tim McGraw that is #13 right now. They have good songs on their own, especially "Keep In Mind" that was a minor hit last year. People love them but it's all about timing and having the right team behind you.

Preston and Chris of LoCash Cowboys are frineds of mine. But I don't think they're ever going to make it big as recording artists.

Before they have became "bigger" LoCash used to play the bars here at the Lake all the time.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 11:24 PM

My good friends LoCash Cowboys. Chris is the singer. Preston at the Piano. Preston and by best friend dated for a year. They're super good dudes. We hang out from time to time. I don't think they're ever going to be big stars but they have 2 #1 songs to their credit now. Go LoCash.

You might have heard this on your radio last year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y_GhhtLrXTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8821405)
Before they have became "bigger" LoCash used to play the bars here at the Lake all the time.

They're still stuggling to make it. Preston and Chris write all the time and have Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, Josh Turner and George Strait on their speed dial now.

SPchief 08-15-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8821408)
My good friends LoCash Cowboys. Chris is the singer. Preston at the Piano. Preston and by best friend dated for a year. They're super good dudes. We hang out from time to time. I don't think they're ever going to be big stars but they have 2 #1 songs to their credit now. Go LoCash.

You might have heard this on your radio last year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y_GhhtLrXTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good song. Assuming Rascall Flatts don't pay for it. (Keep derailing this thread)

I've heard of them before.

SPchief 08-15-2012 11:36 PM

BTW, you just know Dane is chomping at the bit at this thread.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 8821425)
Good song. Assuming Rascall Flatts don't pay for it. (Keep derailing this thread)

I've heard of them before.

Preston and Chris work really hard and deserve to make it imo. But they're on a small label right now so that doesn't get them far. My best friend Kayla... also my co-host... dated Preston right up until the time they made that video. She was originally going to be one of the pictures in it but they broke up. We all still talk and they invite us to shows but she isn't comfortable with it now so we pass. I've got her back because she's my best friend. I miss them though. So does she. Things pass.

Sorter 08-15-2012 11:40 PM

As a T-Swift nuthugger, I'll admit that the song you banned was shit. I heard it for the first time today and was pissed. So, thanks manu.

BIG_DADDY 08-15-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8821396)
For anyone who hates country tell me you hate this. Still gives me the tingles. I just hope Carrie can somehow return to making music like this. BTW if anyone can get this to post directly I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxlTqPFpOYI

OK, maybe it's just me but that was one of the greatest country music performances I have ever heard. Taylor will never come within light years of something like that.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8821435)
OK, maybe it's just me but that was one of the greatest country music performances I have ever heard. Taylor will never come within light years of something like that.

Good song and good performance. All win.

SPchief 08-15-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8821435)

That is one of the greatest country music performances you've ever heard?