ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Georgia plays "old man football" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263136)

qabbaan 09-08-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8890005)
LMAO I know what my team is and I don't put them on some higher level than they actually are like the MU fans. Yall were shown what it takes though. And that's what I said.

We all know it's going to be a process. Things fell apart at the end, but we came damn close to beating a team that was first in the east in the sec and is probably a contender this year. I don't think we will hang our heads.

Spott 09-08-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8890009)
No one cares what you think, you inbred turd. Now or ever. Is there not one goddamn Jags board for your stupid ass to infest? **** off.

Dude, there's like 3 Jag fans in this city so he has to come here to talk football.

Bewbies 09-08-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8889992)

I second these. I have no idea why y'all don't go with these again. Total badass.

Setsuna 09-08-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 8890030)
Dude, there's like 3 Jag fans in this city so he has to come here to talk football.

:) Truth.

Bambi 09-08-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8875005)
Wickedson. That's all that really needs to be said.

Good Game. You guys look like you're "bustin in".

Bambi 09-08-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8890040)
I second these. I have no idea why y'all don't go with these again. Total badass.

They got rid of the "M" because that's Michigan.

I agree with you though. The "M" was much better. Why leave something behind when you think you're the best?

Phobia 09-08-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8890012)
We all know it's going to be a process. Things fell apart at the end, but we came damn close to beating a team that was first in the east in the sec and is probably a contender this year. I don't think we will hang our heads.

Three touchdowns is close? I don't mean that as a shit-talking question. I mean it as a reality check.

Sassy Squatch 09-08-2012 10:54 PM

Meh. We played them tit for tat for a while then Jones realized he was an all american and butt ****ed us

Ace Gunner 09-08-2012 11:00 PM

SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Setsuna 09-08-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8890142)
Three touchdowns is close? I don't mean that as a shit-talking question. I mean it as a reality check.

They'll never admit they got spanked. I'm baffled at the excuses.

Ace Gunner 09-08-2012 11:02 PM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/218376/MU-KU_1.jpg

jesus. that helmet looks expensive as ****.

Extra Point 09-09-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8889985)
Enjoy your cartoon chicken.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Five star slam! Congrats!

Black Bob 09-09-2012 07:42 AM

Georgia was so frusterating to watch last night. They really played terribly. The fact is that they ran the spread for whatever reason and they should have played "old man football."

Mizzou played a pretty good game. I think the difference was quality depth. Georgia had to start five freshmen because of the suspensions and Mizzou ran out of depth in the 4the quarter. Mizzou is close to being really good.

kstater 09-09-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8873799)
Being a middle of the road team in the SEC on day one would be a very nice place to start. 5 of the top 10 ranked teams are in the SEC.

One of which lost to Louisiana Monroe

Reaper16 09-09-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8890142)

It was very close. Georgia built their lead off of short fields after comical turnovers. Georgia's offense didn't really have to work for their winning 21 points.

Those turnovers were caused by Jarvis Jones being awesome. In no way am I suggesting that Georgia didn't beat Missouri. Georgia took control of that game, for sure.

But it wasn't an expected SEC situation where the depth (or lack of depth) of each team becomes apparent as one team pulls away in the 4th quarter. This was different: in this game a special defensive player single-handidly took over a game.

WilliamTheIrish 09-09-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8891043)
It was very close. Georgia built their lead off of short fields after comical turnovers. Georgia's offense didn't really have to work for their winning 21 points.

Those turnovers were caused by Jarvis Jones being awesome. In no way am I suggesting that Georgia didn't beat Missouri. Georgia took control of that game, for sure.

But it wasn't an expected SEC situation where the depth (or lack of depth) of each team becomes apparent as one team pulls away in the 4th quarter. This was different: in this game a special defensive player single-handidly took over a game.

I think for me, it's also underscored by the fact that this beating took place on MU's home field. With UGa starting five frosh. And a frosh placekicker. That's the part that stands out to me. I didn't expect to see them get dismantled like that on their own field.

Bambi 09-09-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

That's actually exactly what I thought it was.

SAUTO 09-09-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Georgia was also missing several key d players...
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-09-2012 10:10 AM

There's nothing wrong with Old Man Football. I don't think the problem with Big 10 football is the style of football, it's their passive style of recruiting that short-changes them on talent. It's an old man's "gentlemen's agreement" league.

If Mizzou thinks "old man football" is a bad thing, they're in for a rude awakening. Lots of teams that play terrific defense and will back that defense up with a running game that runs it down your throat with good downhill running and an offensive line that will overpower you.

Reaper16 09-09-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8891143)
Georgia was also missing several key d players...
Posted via Mobile Device

What does your ellipses imply?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8891154)
There's nothing wrong with Old Man Football. I don't think the problem with Big 10 football is the style of football, it's their passive style of recruiting that short-changes them on talent. It's an old man's "gentlemen's agreement" league.

If Mizzou thinks "old man football" is a bad thing, they're in for a rude awakening. Lots of teams that play terrific defense and will back that defense up with a running game that runs it down your throat with good downhill running and an offensive line that will overpower you.

Mizzou doesn't have a problem with "old man football" as a theory or approach. One egotistical, loud-mouthed defensive tackle that plays for Mizzou has a problem with it.

SAUTO 09-09-2012 10:17 AM

That it would have most likely been worse
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16 09-09-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8891189)
That it would have most likely been worse
Posted via Mobile Device

Very well could have been, sure. Mizzou found some passing success in the middle of the field, and those yards would have been harder to come by with Georgia at full strength. But that's a wash, because a full-strength Mizzou o-line would have improved Franklin's timing on passes as well as the run game.

SAUTO 09-09-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8891220)
Very well could have been, sure. Mizzou found some passing success in the middle of the field, and those yards would have been harder to come by with Georgia at full strength. But that's a wash, because a full-strength Mizzou o-line would have improved Franklin's timing on passes as well as the run game.

maybe.

I don't believe mu is going to have a good line, never did. Even without the injuries.

They hung in there but I disagree about the depth issues.

When a team pulls away in the last ten minutes it's usually about depth and condition.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16 09-09-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8891234)
maybe.

I don't believe mu is going to have a good line, never did. Even without the injuries.

They hung in there but I disagree about the depth issues.

When a team pulls away in the last ten minutes it's usually about depth and condition.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're certainly right. It's usually about depth and condition when a team pulls away in the 4th quarter. And, no question about it, Georgia is the deeper team.

But that wasn't the case last night. That depth disparity might have resulted in Georgia pulling away in normal circumstances, but we didn't get normal circumstances. Those MU turnovers had very little to do with depth and conditioning.

Demonpenz 09-09-2012 10:37 AM

Georgia were hitting hard yesterday as well. Mizzou has to bring more of a physical game.

Reaper16 09-09-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8891289)
Georgia were hitting hard yesterday as well. Mizzou has to bring more of a physical game.

They won't, and can't. Not on offense, not under Pinkel.

Bewbies 09-09-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8891271)
You're certainly right. It's usually about depth and condition when a team pulls away in the 4th quarter. And, no question about it, Georgia is the deeper team.

But that wasn't the case last night. That depth disparity might have resulted in Georgia pulling away in normal circumstances, but we didn't get normal circumstances. Those MU turnovers had very little to do with depth and conditioning.

You can't blame an offense for failing without giving a defense credit for succeeding.

UGA sucked for 2.5 quarters. I could say it was because Murray sucked, and he did, but there's a reason for that. All the adjustments the D was making, and the way they were playing affected him. Big time.

When Georgia finally figured Mizzou out they punched them in the mouth and kicked their ass all over the field. Mizzou didn't lose that game on their own mistakes, they got their asses kicked. It happens, welcome to the SEC.

And so you know, every team gets their ass kicked at some point in the season in the SEC. Every one except for the one that will win the national title each year.

Reaper16 09-09-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8891340)
You can't blame an offense for failing without giving a defense credit for succeeding.

UGA sucked for 2.5 quarters. I could say it was because Murray sucked, and he did, but there's a reason for that. All the adjustments the D was making, and the way they were playing affected him. Big time.

When Georgia finally figured Mizzou out they punched them in the mouth and kicked their ass all over the field. Mizzou didn't lose that game on their own mistakes, they got their asses kicked. It happens, welcome to the SEC.

I haven't said otherwise in this thread or any related thread. All I've said is that a singular player's efforts -- I'm speaking of Jarvis Jones here -- caused the score disparity in the 4th quarter. I disagree that it was a team-defensive effort that wore away at Missouri. That might have happened anyway had Jones not taken the game over, but we didn't get to see it last night.

Bewbies 09-09-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8891393)
I haven't said otherwise in this thread or any related thread. All I've said is that a singular player's efforts -- I'm speaking of Jarvis Jones here -- caused the score disparity in the 4th quarter. I disagree that it was a team-defensive effort that wore away at Missouri. That might have happened anyway had Jones not taken the game over, but we didn't get to see it last night.

UGA's offense had the lead before the defense totally shut Mizzou down. The game was close for 2.5 quarters, after that it was a complete domination. You can't say Jarvis Jones is the only reason the score went from 17-9 to 41-20.

It happens. Get over it. I've watched my team ranked #1 have Alabama come in and beat the shit of us, watched a horrendous Tennessee team beat the shit out of us, and watched us start 0-2 and end up in the SEC title game. (and get our ass kicked in the 2nd half and lose the same way you did yesterday)

The SEC is a different league than the Big 12. It's not about outscoring the other team, or out finessing them. It's about wearing them down, dismantling them, and then destroying them. It's a theme you'll see all season long.

Reaper16 09-09-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8891438)
UGA's offense had the lead before the defense totally shut Mizzou down. The game was close for 2.5 quarters, after that it was a complete domination. You can't say Jarvis Jones is the only reason the score went from 17-9 to 41-20.

It happens. Get over it. I've watched my team ranked #1 have Alabama come in and beat the shit of us, watched a horrendous Tennessee team beat the shit out of us, and watched us start 0-2 and end up in the SEC title game. (and get our ass kicked in the 2nd half and lose the same way you did yesterday)

The SEC is a different league than the Big 12. It's not about outscoring the other team, or out finessing them. It's about wearing them down, dismantling them, and then destroying them. It's a theme you'll see all season long.

I know all about the SEC, I live in SEC country, I watch all of the SEC games, and I am better at watching football than you are.

Georgia is better than Missouri and nearly every position on the field, and that was always most likely going to show in the final score. The only reason UGA was three touchdowns better last night was because of Jarvis Jones' playmaking ability. Yes, he pretty much is the only reason that the score got so out of hand. Not the only reason that UGA was able to stop Missouri's offense from doing much of anything, but the reason that the UGA lead increased to what it did. Which is all I've been saying, but you're being weirdly defensive for some reason.

You should really appreciate Jones this season. He's special. And me recognizing that a special player took over a game in a special way does not diminish the team effort of the team that player plays for.

NewChief 09-09-2012 11:44 AM

At least both of these teams play football, which is more than I can say for my alma mater. :Lin:

Bewbies 09-09-2012 11:53 AM

Yeah, that ARK game was bad...

NewChief 09-09-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8892317)
Yeah, that ARK game was bad...

I was, fortunately, out in the woods camping instead of watching. I was able to listen to the game, but I'm glad I wasn't watching it. Regardless, it's an embarrassment. I don't care that we lost Tyler Wilson. Any SEC team, not to mention a team trying to throw their name in with the big dogs of the conference, should be able to line up against a team of ULM's caliber, block downfield, and turn their backs loose to grind out the game. Just really sad.

And I don't even want to talk about the defense.

Our program just stepped back about a decade with this debacle.

MahiMike 09-09-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8891340)

I call BS. Anybody's ballgame until stupid turnovers ensued. I just hate that everyone will see the final score and think it was an ass kickin. I really want them to do well in the SEC.

jjjayb 09-09-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 8895884)
I call BS. Anybody's ballgame until stupid turnovers ensued. I just hate that everyone will see the final score and think it was an ass kickin. I really want them to do well in the SEC.

It was an ass kickin. You can't just erase the turnovers from the game to justify an ass kicking. I wish you could, maybe it would make me feel better about the Chiefs ass kicking today.

notorious 09-09-2012 08:03 PM

That's the nature of the beast. Every other game is like a bowl game this first year in the SEC. They are all out to teach Mizzou a lesson and put them in their place.

Mizzou will be fine, but it will take a little "Acclimation".

BryanBusby 09-09-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8892169)
At least both of these teams play football, which is more than I can say for my alma mater. :Lin:

It's going to take a hail mary for that to not cripple their program any further in the future.

Setsuna 09-09-2012 08:06 PM

ROFL Mizzou fans still delusional as shit. I can't stop laughing at this stupidity. Yall will get yalls shit kicked in this year and then I better not hear anymore of these embarrassing excuses.

Bewbies 09-09-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8896014)
That's the nature of the beast. Every other game is like a bowl game this first year in the SEC. They are all out to teach Mizzou a lesson and put them in their place.

Mizzou will be fine, but it will take a little "Acclimation".

Watch the recruits they start landing, especially the defense. They'll be fine, and one day they'll be playing in Atlanta to win the SEC.

That's why I say to keep your head up. Everybody gets a good ass whipping or two each year in the SEC.

SAUTO 09-09-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8896025)
ROFL Mizzou fans still delusional as shit. I can't stop laughing at this stupidity. Yall will get yalls shit kicked in this year and then I better not hear anymore of these embarrassing excuses.

Might as well just shut the **** up at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device

BryanBusby 09-09-2012 08:29 PM

Setsuna is the SEC Wickedson.

notorious 09-09-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8896142)
Setsuna is the SEC Wickedson.

Oh JFC.

To be stamped with that...........:eek:

SAUTO 09-09-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8896157)
Oh JFC.

To be stamped with that...........:eek:

Good comparison imo
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious 09-09-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8896171)
Good comparison imo
Posted via Mobile Device

It is.

Setsuna 09-09-2012 09:36 PM

ROFL. To be this delusional about an ass kicking loss to UGA is laughable. Yall haven't even won shit in any sport to be this stupid. Wickedson is a compliment. Yall are straight up reeruned.

DJ's left nut 09-09-2012 10:30 PM

I love how Richardson spent the entire night getting piss-pounded after running his mouth.

Richardson has been a catastrophic bust for Mizzou. From #1 prospect in the country and the most heralded defensive recruit in decades to a backup rotational tackle that has simply never been good enough to force himself into the starting lineup.

Thanks again, Shel...

Reaper16 09-09-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8896548)
ROFL. To be this delusional about an ass kicking loss to UGA is laughable. Yall haven't even won shit in any sport to be this stupid. Wickedson is a compliment. Yall are straight up reeruned.

I've been the only person talking about Mizzou since you last posted, so your posts are clearly directed at me.

Apparently, when you say that Mizzou got their asses kicked it means Mizzou got their asses kicked.

But when I say Mizzou got their asses kicked, it means I am making delusional, reeruned excuses for Mizzou.

Setsuna, you have the reading comprehension skills of a defensive tackle recruit from a Memphis high school.

kepp 09-10-2012 07:32 AM

No offense, but I disagree with those saying that depth wasn't really an issue. From what I saw, it was absolutely an issue. We lost our best lineman from what was already a patchwork OL, and probably our best LB and we just wore down. I was proud of our defense. They played their hearts out, but when your offense keeps giving the other team short fields (to put it mildly), you're going to wear down.

The second biggest factor, IMO, was offensive play calling. Wildcat on the first play of a game? Really? REPEATEDLY running the QB up the gut? A fake punt on 4th and 11 from our own 30? And Jarvis Jones...geez, what can you say about him?

It will take a few years to recruit the kind of depth we need to compete at the top level of the SEC. We have the depth at receiver, and maybe QB, but really nowhere else.

Reerun_KC 09-10-2012 09:03 AM

The "old man football" chats were pretty funny...

Black Bob 09-10-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8897456)
The "old man football" chats were pretty funny...

I really wished Georgia would have played "old man football." I was at a party watching the game and everyone was like "why in the hell are they running the spread?" It was really annoying.