ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Insider: Scott Pioli wanted Peyton Manning (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264482)

Molitoth 10-01-2012 08:03 AM

We can bump this thread in a few years and see who was right about Tannehill.

Imon Yourside 10-01-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8966228)
Exactly.

I hate this ****er infinitely more than Carl.

I didn't think that was even possible.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

TEX 10-01-2012 08:51 AM

But Manning wanted NO PART OF FAT SCOTT! :doh!: Can't really blame him for that.

DaFace 10-01-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8965951)
The mods can change the title if they want. I couldn't come up with a better title at 2 A.M.

You live in Puerto Rico or something?

siberian khatru 10-01-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8966192)
pioli leaks this...after 4 years of propping up that failure

jesus he deserves to be murdered

Well, Ray Lewis WILL be in town next weekend.

kaplin42 10-01-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8965930)
As hard as they did?

This!

As I understand it, Peyton said be something to the effect of

"My salary negotiations start no lower than this $$$ amount, if that is not your cup of tea then don't bother"

At which point we promptly turned around and said no thank you. Which is odd considering how much we still have in cap room.

BoneKrusher 10-01-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8966371)
But Manning wanted NO PART OF FAT SCOTT! :doh!: Can't really blame him for that.

yep and i do not blame Manning for that.

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8966258)
Pioli is a shithead, but he's not a complete fucking reerun.

Tannehill is 4th round talent and there were other QB's that could've been taken without trading your draft away.

Hey look, we have one on the roster already that hasn't been given a chance to play yet...

You're so dumb.

qabbaan 10-01-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 8966099)
"Honest, Clark, Romeo is undermining everything we've been working toward here. I don't know what happened with him. Let me pick another coach and I swear I'll get this one right."

Precisely.

Is this Pioli going down the road to throwing Romeo under the bus to save himself, same as he did Haley?

(Not that Romeo has done a good job or anything)

qabbaan 10-01-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8966133)
Well ive been saying for awhile that since its been well known that Pioli wanted Manning, hes not 100% sold on Cassel.

What ill never understand is that when he couldnt get Manning, why didnt he look for other options and opportunites to upgrade from Cassel?

He doesn't believe in real competition. He thinks you need to have one entrenched starter that nobody questions

Molitoth 10-01-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8966395)
You're so dumb.

We'll see. :thumb:

scho63 10-01-2012 09:35 AM

Pioli may have wanted Manning but Manning certainly didn't want Pioli!

Pioli is the spurned lover.....HAHAHAHA

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-01-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8965938)
This is Bullshit and the header is misleading

For once we agree. Pioli did not do jack shit in any attempt to get Manning.

Brock 10-01-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8966425)
Precisely.

Is this Pioli going down the road to throwing Romeo under the bus to save himself, same as he did Haley?

(Not that Romeo has done a good job or anything)

That shouldn't be a valid excuse. This is two head coaches in a row he's whiffed on.

vailpass 10-01-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8966390)
This!

As I understand it, Peyton said be something to the effect of

"My salary negotiations start no lower than this $$$ amount, if that is not your cup of tea then don't bother"

At which point we promptly turned around and said no thank you. Which is odd considering how much we still have in cap room.

LMAO

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8966460)
We'll see. :thumb:

See what exactly? Tannehill wasn't a 4th round talent however you want to spin it.

vailpass 10-01-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8966608)
See what exactly? Tannehill wasn't a 4th round talent however you want to spin it.

His wife alone makes him no less than a third rounder.

J Diddy 10-01-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8966640)
His wife alone makes him no less than a third rounder.

I refuse to subscribe to the hot wife notion. It did us no good with Croyle.

Predarat 10-01-2012 11:25 AM

"Hey Pay-Me-A-Ton, how about 4.2 million to be a Chief?"
-Pioli and cHunt

Valiant 10-01-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8965934)
If true Scott (not entirely convinced) has no one to blame but himself. He promised competition and didn't deliver. He shouldn't have put all of his eggs in the Manning basket. Absolutely foolish.

I agree with revisionist history.

They had every chance to draft a qb after rg3.

Every team that did not have a good qb checked to see peytons interest.

Saying they tried to get competition is a copout.

Cassel is one of the worst qbs in the league for poise and leadership, then add arm, accuracy, scrambling and reads to that. Our back ups could do better with reps in the games. But no. Why? Because pioli never wanted competition.

Shit, if I were bowe and truely want off the team. I would publically state I will not play on another tag or contract next year if cassel is qb on the team. He will either get traded or pioli and cassel get let go. That is my wish at least.

pr_capone 10-01-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8966372)
You live in Puerto Rico or something?

Wait, what?

vailpass 10-01-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8966813)
Wait, what?

LMAO Was waiting to see if you were going to say something. Atlantic Time Zone represent!

vailpass 10-01-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8966745)
I refuse to subscribe to the hot wife notion. It did us no good with Croyle.

Yes but in Tannehill's wife's case she is the only one in the marriage with a vagina.

siberian khatru 10-01-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8966843)
Yes but in Tannehill's wife's case she is the only one in the marriage with a vagina.

:LOL:

And not a glass one at that.

L.A. Chieffan 10-01-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8966131)
Romo is exponentially better than Cassel. Anyone claiming they are similar is ignorant.

HAHA

OWNED

Rain Man 10-01-2012 10:54 PM

I think we can still sign him.

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 11:12 PM

They went after him so hard he didn't even answer their phone calls.

htismaqe 10-02-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Cassel's Love Child (Post 8969319)
HAHA

OWNED

Because Romo had a bad game against the Bears?

Cassel shits his pants against vaunted defenses like the BROWNS.

Look, if you wanna argue about whether or not Tony Romo is a franchise or elite QB, you won't find an opponent in me. I think he's a choke artist.

But he's WAY better than Matt Cassel. It's not even close.

BoneKrusher 10-02-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8969754)

Look, if you wanna argue about whether or not Tony Romo is a franchise or elite QB, you won't find an opponent in me. I think he's a choke artist.

:thumb:

Dave Lane 10-02-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8965930)
As hard as they did?

Yeah they made a phone call said the price was too steep and never got a call back.

Pioli blitzkreig!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-02-2012 08:27 AM

Dude, Michael Vick made Casshole look like Pee Wee football on Sunday Night.

I was impressed.

#1 Bronco's Fan 10-03-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papi (Post 8966042)
Not sure if serious? Romo sucks. What's his playoff record again? Romo is to Dallas what Cassel is to KC.

Well, Romo is a much better passer than Cassel. Romo does have baggage but if he didn't have baggage than there is no way he would be available. I think a change of location for him might do wonders. I hate the Cowboys play calling. It is horrible. They never stick with the running game..Never. I think if Romo was on a team that can run the ball and does run the ball he would be much more effective.

NJChiefsFan 10-03-2012 02:12 AM

You can't blame Romo for everything that has happened in Dallas. Look at the game Monday night. His stats were terrible, but Romo didn't play that badly. He just always gets screwed and then makes the mistake at the wrong time.

kcxiv 10-03-2012 03:43 AM

Still cant get over how Manning didnt even return a call. Not even a no thank you, a sorry we are looking in another direction. NOTHING. At the time i couldnt beleive it. I was like, why wouldnt you want to play with the offensive talent we got. Well, it was the damn GM that he didnt want anything to do with.

kcxiv 10-03-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8969823)
Yeah they made a phone call said the price was too steep and never got a call back.

Pioli blitzkreig!!

I dont even think they got anything. I m pretty sure in a presser Pioli said they gave em a call, but never talked to anyone. lol

CoMoChief 10-03-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8972453)
Still cant get over how Manning didnt even return a call. Not even a no thank you, a sorry we are looking in another direction. NOTHING. At the time i couldnt beleive it. I was like, why wouldnt you want to play with the offensive talent we got. Well, it was the damn GM that he didnt want anything to do with.

From what I've heard Tom Condon isn't much of a fan of Pioli...or how the Chiefs are ran in general. Word gets around in the NFL.

chiefzilla1501 10-03-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8972502)
From what I've heard Tom Condon isn't much of a fan of Pioli...or how the Chiefs are ran in general. Word gets around in the NFL.

Peyton loves the media. Do people think he would enjoy being muzzled?
Peyton said he wanted a family atmosphere. Nope.
I'm sure at the end of his career, he wanted assurance that the team would take care of them, not treat him like a business transaction. Nope.
Peyton wanted control of the offense, including influencing personnel decisions and being given license to play call. Nope.

There's so many reasons the marriage wouldn't work. Granted, we wouldn't want Peyton to have all these things necessarily. But it never made sense for Peyton to come here.

PRIEST 10-03-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8969754)
Because Romo had a bad game against the Bears?

Cassel shits his pants against vaunted defenses like the BROWNS.

This :thumb:

FAX 10-03-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8972502)

You know, I would love to really know and understand how the rest of the league heavy-hitters view our front office, Pioli in particular, and the franchise in general. I mean, the kind of opinion that you get over a couple of scotchs and a cigar. I'll bet it isn't very pretty, to be honest.

FAX

notorious 10-03-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobet selur (Post 8972371)
Well, Romo is a much better passer than Cassel. Romo does have baggage but if he didn't have baggage than there is no way he would be available. I think a change of location for him might do wonders. I hate the Cowboys play calling. It is horrible. They never stick with the running game..Never. I think if Romo was on a team that can run the ball and does run the ball he would be much more effective.

Romo's problem is mental, Cassel's problem is everything.

OctoberFart 10-03-2012 12:48 PM

Kind of hard to go after a guy went he has zero interest in playing for your team. It's kind of like pushing hard to screw a hot chick that is out of your league. You can say I tried hard even though it's never happening.

milkman 10-03-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutumnWind (Post 8973520)
Kind of hard to go after a guy went he has zero interest in playing for your team. It's kind of like pushing hard to screw a hot chick that is out of your league. You can say I tried hard even though it's never happening.

Show the bitch some money, and you'll have the hot girl slobbering the knob.

vailpass 10-03-2012 02:16 PM

Those of you trying to make it seem Peyton didn't go to KC because of a money issue are funny.

Rausch 10-03-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8973866)
Those of you trying to make it seem Peyton didn't go to KC because of a money issue are funny.

He, for good reason, had no ****ing desire at all to go to KC...

DeezNutz 10-03-2012 02:20 PM

Pioli obviously planting stories in the media in a pathetically transparent attempt to save his own ass.

Not possible to get this guy out of town quickly enough.

BigMeatballDave 10-03-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8973866)

I don't think the Chiefs wanted to pay him as much as he wanted.

Which doesn't matter, because he didn't wanna play for Pioli.

htismaqe 10-03-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8973879)
Pioli obviously planting stories in the media in a pathetically transparent attempt to save his own ass.

Yup.

Titty Meat 10-03-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8973879)

Yup Chiefsplanet is running this guy out of town.

DeezNutz 10-03-2012 04:08 PM

I really wasn't paying too close of attention to the language. A "source with knowledge of . . . Scott Pioli's thinking"? LMAO.

Individual with access to Pioli's thoughts? Wait for it...Pioli. What a cowardly sonofabitch this guy is.

htismaqe 10-03-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8974266)
I really wasn't paying too close of attention to the language. A "source with knowledge of . . . Scott Pioli's thinking"? LMAO.

Individual with access to Pioli's thoughts? Wait for it...Pioli. What a cowardly sonofabitch this guy is.

Yup.

DeezNutz 10-03-2012 04:13 PM

Mitch on 810 stressing the need to simplify the offense for Cassel. What a perverse joke this is.

stonedstooge 10-03-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8974279)
Mitch on 810 stressing the need to simplify the offense for Cassel. What a perverse joke this is.

"OMAHA OMAHA" first ****ing audible I've heard from Casshole in over 4 ****ing years?

htismaqe 10-03-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8974279)

Like this?

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/480/donatellup5.jpg

htismaqe 10-03-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8974306)
"OMAHA OMAHA" first ****ing audible I've heard from Casshole in over 4 ****ing years?

That's not an audible. It's the snap count.

stonedstooge 10-03-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8974313)
That's not an audible. It's the snap count.

It's worse than I thought then. LMAO

DeezNutz 10-03-2012 04:31 PM

Good stuff, guys. All we can do at this point is laugh and numb the pain with single malts.

ROYC75 10-03-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthCarlSatan (Post 8966597)
For once we agree. Pioli did not do jack shit in any attempt to get Manning.

This is not the case, rather it was the attempt by Pioli doing too much before the right time.

Here is your finale PHM scoop, my sources will remain annomous ! The story I got was Tom Condon had the Chiefs set up for a chance ( slim one but a chance), with the final PM visit to be made at the end of the process. It's just that Pioli jumped too quick and offered money first, before PM was to do any visiting. Pioli really thought he could get the inside track on Horseface since Denver didn't have a lot of cap space. PM really liked KC, RC & Clark, but he ( PM ) did not care much for Pioli. Again, PM was suppose to meet with the Chiefs after he had made his rounds. Clark really wanted PM , as well as did RC.

So Pioli jumped in first, long before he was suppose to by sending a starting offer that was about 3/4ths of what PM eventually got in Denver. Story was this really pissed PM & Archie off before any visit could be made anywhere since PM wanted to make his visits look like location and not the money( even though it had a very large part of it, which Tn offered about $4 million more ). PM didn't want to discuss any money with any team until the final visit was made, something Denver and Arizona didn't do until PM made his choice.

But the end story is PM and Horseface was just to close to start with, it was pretty much a done deal from the get go unless KC threw stupid money at him after the last visit ( that was promised to be KC's ). PM was also willing to let stupid money go by to play for Horseface ! That PM believed in himself enough that he could still play, thus driving the price up with any team, even from Horseface.

So PHM never happened because of our GM. PM wanted it to come down to 2 teams , KC & Denver, so an offer came first from Pioli. PM took his circus show to other cities to get his money. Yep, PM's goal was to pit KC & Denver against each other in a bidding war ( $$$$ ) since the AFC West Division was his only logical choice. PM was pretty much Denver bound from the get go.

So we had PM acting like a spoiled preppy schoolgirl, Pioli acting like he was an over anxious executive while Tom Condon was caught in the middle having loyalty to PM, some to the Chiefs and a lot to his pocket while having to wait to negotiate and Horseface coming out looking like a freaking saint just because of his friendship. Sounds like a soap opera ? I present to you PM and the 2012 Donks.

So Clark and Pioli did their usual damage control during the event and afterwards. What else could they do but spin it after Pioli shot themselves in the foot long before an official visit from PM ?
Were they going to tell the truth ?
Hey, I / We screwed it up ?
It was nothing but spin city for them:) claiming he wouldn't talk to them.

In reality, we were played, we really didn't have much of a chance, BTA, we will never know since Pioli killed that chance long before we even had an official visit.

So, are you bitter now since Pioli tried and screwed it up ?
Or was it by design ?

How would you have felt if PM carried it out to a KC vs Denver decision and KC had lost ?

Do you feel better that we ( KC ) didn't end up in a bidding war to only be used as a pawn ?

In reality, if we had of been in a bidding war with Denver, it was a no win situation for Clark & Pioli since we couldn't / didn't throw enough money at PM ( according to the fans ). So was this ( Pioli ) by design ?

I can't answer those questions, but the design part does have some traction to it now that it was a planned division rival bidding war.

Guess we will never know.

Now you know the rest of the story, The rest is history!

FTR, I'm off to watch the debate, later!

stonedstooge 10-03-2012 06:05 PM

Your story would be more believable if you would have stated that Pisoli offered PM the league minimum for veterans

ROYC75 10-03-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8974567)
Your story would be more believable if you would have stated that Pisoli offered PM the league minimum for veterans

I can relate. if my sources was not solid, I would agree with you.

As Paul Harvey said,Now You Know The Rest Of The Story.

I thought the debates came at 700 pm.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-03-2012 06:19 PM

Has your P.M. action figure turned brown yet?

DeezNutz 10-03-2012 06:30 PM

When convoluted stories are needed in order to suggest that your GM doesn't suck impressive donkey dick, the mother****er really lives in Tijuana.

ROYC75 10-03-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8974616)
Has your P.M. action figure turned brown yet?

To me, it didn't matter if Brokeneck came here, I have always wanted to draft a franchise QB and turn him loose. I'm just letting go with some of the info I knew during and after.

So your comments are void.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-03-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 8974646)
To me, it didn't matter if Brokeneck came here, I have always wanted to draft a franchise QB and turn him loose. I'm just letting go with some of the info I knew during and after.

Sorry, should have been more specific. Was talking to the thread starter..

DeezNutz 10-03-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

I agree that Manning would be more of the same and that a true, young franchise QB is much needed.

Quesadilla Joe 10-03-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 8974545)
Pioli really thought he could get the inside track on Horseface since Denver didn't have a lot of cap space.

They had more cap space than the Chiefs did.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-03-2012 07:16 PM

I'm sure an "under the table" deal sealed it.

Quesadilla Joe 10-03-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 8974545)
PM didn't want to discuss any money with any team until the final visit was made, something Denver and Arizona didn't do until PM made his choice.

Elway said that during Peyton's visit in Denver he told Peyton what Denver's offer was going to be. And it was 5 years 95 million

whoman69 10-03-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Doncs got Manning and drafted a QB. Why didn't I see this the first time? Revisionist history.

ROYC75 10-03-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8974929)
Doncs got Manning and drafted a QB. Why didn't I see this the first time? Revisionist history.

KC ( Pioli )would not of.

ROYC75 10-03-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8974847)
Elway said that during Peyton's visit in Denver he told Peyton what Denver's offer was going to be. And it was 5 years 95 million

Probably did, what are friends for ?

All I have is a source that had got 1st hand information from the parties involved. PM & TC could have kept things quiet until after it was done.

It was reported that TN had an offer of 98.6 mil, still wasn't enough to turn him home.

KC never got the chance to do a counter offer because the 1st one pissed him / them off. Remember, it wasn't about the money at first, but ..... ?

Was this Pioli's way t come back with a counter providing he got the last visit of a plan by design to piss them ff so he could keep Cassel ?

Or not to get into a bidding war to only lose to a division rival because of the close ties ?