ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bernard Pollard-Another former Chief saying the chiefs don't wanna win (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264650)

Pasta Little Brioni 10-04-2012 03:05 PM

The guy sucked ass here. Shouldn't have waited to play better until Lewis threatened to kill him.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-04-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8977135)
I will as soon as the matt cassel sucks threads stop

Grab a Snickers

BigMeatballDave 10-04-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8977111)
He played for Herm in 2008. He was unceremoniously cut by Pioli without even attending training camp.

GREAT move.

I just remember he signed with the Chiefs during the season, then became a FA after the season.

I hate to sound like I'm defending Pioli here, but Babin was nothing then.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but he struggled in a 3-4 in Houston.

J Diddy 10-04-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8976815)
Do you think he's wrong?

Not at all. I'm still pissed about what he did to Brady's knee. He doesn't do that and Cassel is bagging groceries.

htismaqe 10-04-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8977159)
Not at all. I'm still pissed about what he did to Brady's knee. He doesn't do that and Cassel is bagging groceries.

No, he'd still be starting for the Chiefs. We just would have given a 3rd-rounder for him instead of a 2nd.

saphojunkie 10-04-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8976804)
http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_...udioId=6063673

All you can do is laugh at this point. "The chiefs don't make the moves necessary to improve the team, chiefs wont spend the $ to get great players"

You're full of shit.

Quote:

"They're not looking to go out and get the top pick available. They're not looking to trade all of this and all that. They're gonna get guys that, that, that, are able to play in THEIR system. They're not looking to spend the top dollar all the time"

-TALKING ABOUT THE RAVENS
REGARDING CHIEFS:

Quote:

We wanted to win. We just didn't have all the pieces to the puzzle. Here, with the Baltimore Ravens, they're always looking to add a piece to the puzzle. If you have to get a veteran guy...get a guy in the draft, we're not looking to get the best guy in the draft, we're looking to get a guy to come in and complete this thing. We want that guy to come and do that for us, but not necessarily spending that top dollar. And I think EVERY PLAYER AROUND THE NFL KNOW, WHEN YOU ARE DEALING WITH THE BALTIMORE RAVENS, DON'T EXPECT THEM TO GET INTO SOME KIND OF SHOOT-OUT AS FAR AS CONTRACT-WISE, BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT GONNA DO IT.
****ing misleading thread title. Opposite of OP. Baltimore is cheap, drafts for the "right 53." NOT chiefs.

Pollard said that these are things that differentiate Baltimore from other teams and why they are successful.

Jeez, people. ****ing reactionary much?

DaneMcCloud 10-04-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8977157)
I just remember he signed with the Chiefs during the season, then became a FA after the season.

I hate to sound like I'm defending Pioli here, but Babin was nothing then.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but he struggled in a 3-4 in Houston.

He didn't struggle in Houston. They moved on to a new regime plus, they were a cluster**** when he was there.

The point being is that Pioli was "supposedly" this great talent evaluator. He had a guy on the cheap, yet didn't even give him an opportunity in training camp. Since that time, he's been a beast.

Pioli fail.

-King- 10-04-2012 03:12 PM

We're crying about a guy who had 13 sacks in the 5 years prior to being a Chief?

This forum has been hilarious the past couple weeks LMAO

-King- 10-04-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8976981)
What does that have to do with anything? We're talking about Bernard Pollard.

OF COURSE he has an axe to grind. He got cut for no good reason.

MANY, MANY people in the NFL, not associated with the Chiefs, think that was a STUPID move.

People took their stupid pills today. He SUCKED!

nychief 10-04-2012 03:19 PM

More importantly, did BP discuss dancing like a ****ing stripper in the Lockeroom during Hard Knocks?

Wow, did you look like a group of pussies there... And he was our head cheerleader.

htismaqe 10-04-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8977174)
People took their stupid pills today. He SUCKED!

He wasn't cut because he sucked.

He was cut because he wouldn't fall in line.

-King- 10-04-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8173178)
Pollard went on to get released from like 2 decent defenses because he was such a liability in pass coverage. Jarrad Page has been cut a couple of times too.

Come to think of it, you might be on to something here.

But ya know....he was cut for no good reason.

-King- 10-04-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8977180)
He wasn't cut because he sucked.

He was cut because he wouldn't fall in line.

I'll let you argue with yourself.

BigMeatballDave 10-04-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8977164)
He didn't struggle in Houston. They moved on to a new regime plus, they were a cluster**** when he was there.

The point being is that Pioli was "supposedly" this great talent evaluator. He had a guy on the cheap, yet didn't even give him an opportunity in training camp. Since that time, he's been a beast.

Pioli fail.

Agree to disagree.

There is a metric ton of shit to bash Pioli for.

This isn't one of them.

htismaqe 10-04-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8977183)
I'll let you argue with yourself.

There's no argument.

He was cut because he yelled at a coach. He was insubordinate.

-King- 10-04-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8977187)
There's no argument.

He was cut because he yelled at a coach. He was insubordinate.

And because he was SUCH a liability in pass coverage.

DaneMcCloud 10-04-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8977184)
Agree to disagree.

There is a metric ton of shit to bash Pioli for.

This isn't one of them.

Yeah, let's not bash a guy for allowing a player that later turned into one of the best 3-4 outside linebackers in the league get away for nothing.

It's more short-sightedness on Pioli's part. Meanwhile, the guy would have been far better than Vrabel opposite Hali but damn! I just remembered: Pioli traded for Vrabel, which made Babin expendable.

Yeah, that's not on Pioli, at all.

htismaqe 10-04-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8977190)
And because he was SUCH a liability in pass coverage.

Yeah, that's why they cut him on SEPTEMBER FIFTH.

-King- 10-04-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8977198)
Yeah, that's why they cut him on SEPTEMBER FIFTH.

Yep. Because he was being a pussy to the coach and because he is SUCH a liability in pass coverage.

-King- 10-04-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8977194)
Yeah, let's not bash a guy for allowing a player that later turned into one of the best 3-4 outside linebackers in the league get away for nothing.

The Eagles don't run a 3-4 :spock:

Quote:

It's more short-sightedness on Pioli's part. Meanwhile, the guy would have been far better than Vrabel opposite Hali but damn! I just remembered: Pioli traded for Vrabel, which made Babin expendable.

Yeah, I can't believe Pioli let him get away. How do you let someone averaging 2.6 sacks a year get away?!?! How dare he!

Look at all the teams that were lining up to give Babin a big deal. Clearly all the GMs in the league other than Pioli knew what Babin was capable of.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-04-2012 03:32 PM

This place went apeshit when Pollard was cut. Most loved it. Alot of celebration gifs if I remember right.

Some of us watched his play with Houston and he was still an absolute abortion in coverage.

New World Order 10-04-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8976900)
His team LOST the AFC Championship game.
Since when do we dole out credit for appearances in post-season games?
Kansas City made an "appearance" in the Wildcard Round two years ago. Nobody bragged about that because we got rolled.

1 playoff victory since leaving Kansas City. 1. That gives him room to disparage Kansas City?

How many "significant" games did he win in Houston? A. None. He's not disparaging the Texans though. Pollard has an ax to grind with Kansas City. I can't understand why you guys can't see that.

Does that mean I'm happy with what Kansas City has done since 2008?
Abso-****ing-lutely not. But that also hasn't been argued.

He starts on a team that is considered to be a super bowl contender, we are 1-3.

There really is nothing more to say.

Easy 6 10-04-2012 03:34 PM

Pollard taking swipes at the culture here, pioli, whatever, is fine by me.

But lets not forget his complete suckage in game after game, couldnt cover a high school wr, whiffed in egregious fashion all of the time, always going for the killshot & failing to bring the man down all of the time... i dont miss him one. little. bit.

Give me a healthy Berry & Lewis any day over Pollard.

BigMeatballDave 10-04-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8977194)

He only had 2.5 sacks in 09 for Philly.

He's clearly better in the 4-3.

If you wanna bash Scott for switching to the 3-4, I'd be happy to join you.

We're on the same side here. Pioli is garbage and needs to be gone yesterday.

007 10-04-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8976811)
**** Bernard Pollard.

I wonder, if he doesn't break Brady's leg, do we still end up with Cassel?

durtyrute 10-04-2012 04:00 PM

It's his ****ing fault we are in this mess. He should have to come and play on this shit team as payback for Casselvaniabitchfacescary****headpantsshitter

bevischief 10-04-2012 04:17 PM

Guess what it shows. This is breaking news... NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simply Red 10-04-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8976848)
Pollard has won division titles, playoff games, etc since leaving KC.

and he's only 27 with a 3 year extension with the Ravens. So a 3 year window before he's 30 to win a Super Bowl.

He will get there before Tamba, Charles, Flowers, DJ etc ever even sniff another winning season as Chiefs. If ever in the prime of their careers.

So yes, I'd say Pollard is in a very significant position to make his opinion and it has a lot of value to describe how this franchise is currently being run and how others think of it around the league.

This mcaj22 guy has really blossomed nicely. I really like your opinions and additionally, I think you're a great poster. Nice to see, these days.

Mr. Laz 10-04-2012 07:11 PM

Pollard has an ax to grind

players not wanting to win hurts their career money after they leave the Chiefs

Crennel might not have the motivated but i seriously doubt they don't want to win

-King- 10-04-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8976848)
Pollard has won division titles, playoff games, etc since leaving KC.

and he's only 27 with a 3 year extension with the Ravens. So a 3 year window before he's 30 to win a Super Bowl.

He will get there before Tamba, Charles, Flowers, DJ etc ever even sniff another winning season as Chiefs. If ever in the prime of their careers.

So yes, I'd say Pollard is in a very significant position to make his opinion and it has a lot of value to describe how this franchise is currently being run and how others think of it around the league.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

mcaj22 10-04-2012 07:47 PM

what are you laughing about

as bad as Pollard might have been, because I guess we were desperate for an all star safety at the time, think about this. Pioli and the new regime came in and cut Pollard, did not trade him for any value, flat out cut him....

in return since 2009 here is what Pioli has given us at safety in 4 years.....

Mike Brown
Dajuan Morgan
Ricky Price
Jon McGraw
Reshard Langford
Sabby Piscitelli
Kendrick Lewis
Eric Berry
Donald Washington
Kyle McCarthy
Travis Daniels
Abram Elam

besides Eric Berry and even he is inconsistent, Bernard Pollard is 10x better than that entire list. And it's not even ****ing CLOSE.

That's Scott Pioli. 4 years, garbage talent.

smittysbar 10-04-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8977689)

as bad as Pollard might have been, because I guess we were desperate for an all star safety at the time, think about this. Pioli and the new regime came in and cut Pollard, did not trade him for any value, flat out cut him....

Mike Brown
Dajuan Morgan
Ricky Price
Jon McGraw
Reshard Langford
Sabby Piscitelli
Kendrick Lewis
Eric Berry
Donald Washington
Kyle McCarthy
Travis Daniels
Abram Elam

besides Eric Berry and even he is inconsistent, Bernard Pollard is 10x better than that entire list. And it's not even ****ing CLOSE.

Good post, and I totally agree.

mcaj22 10-04-2012 07:53 PM

so Pollard's opinion is valid. You want to cut an average player like Pollard that's fine, but you damn well better live up to your reputation as this talented evaluator genius GM and replace Pollard with someone better.

Which in 4 years Pioli has failed to do, and our safety position is worse than ever. That's what Pollard is right about. Pioli doesnt care, doesnt want to win, doesnt want to field actual NFL talent.

Pollard isnt good. But he is certainly an NFL talent.

-King- 10-04-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Mike Brown
Dajuan Morgan
Ricky Price
Jon McGraw
Reshard Langford
Sabby Piscitelli
Kendrick Lewis
Eric Berry
Donald Washington
Kyle McCarthy
Travis Daniels
Abram Elam

He wasn't better than McGraw. And posting that list is pointless. You could do that with literally any team. Name a team with great safety depth.

-King- 10-04-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8977707)
so Pollard's opinion is valid. You want to cut an average player like Pollard that's fine, but you damn well better live up to your reputation as this talented evaluator genius GM and replace Pollard with someone better.

Which in 4 years Pioli has failed to do, and our safety position is worse than ever. That's what Pollard is right about. Pioli doesnt care, doesnt want to win, doesnt want to field actual NFL talent.

Pollard isnt good. But he is certainly an NFL talent.

Berry and Lewis aren't better than Pollard?

Ok...

notorious 10-04-2012 07:56 PM

Every single place you look with this franchise you see shit.

Rausch 10-04-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8977707)

No, Pollard is the perfect example of a role player you keep on your team and eventually draft him to the bench.

He's a player with limitations and strengths and you roll with that until the better guy pushes him down the depth chart.

That said, you KEEP HIM as solid depth...

-King- 10-04-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8977722)
No, Pollard is the perfect example of a role player you keep on your team and eventually draft him to the bench.

He's a player with limitations and strengths and you roll with that until the better guy pushes him down the depth chart.

That said, you KEEP HIM as solid depth...

What the hell were his strengths?

Everybody ****ing celebrated when he was cut. But now you wish Pioli would have kept him longer? LMAO

mcaj22 10-04-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8977712)
He wasn't better than McGraw. And posting that list is pointless. You could do that with literally any team. Name a team with great safety depth.

uhhhhhhhh

most good teams already have good safety play. we dont. that's the point. 4 years of trotting out a bunch of awful garbage at safety. Mike ****ing Brown, McGraw, Sabby, Travis Daniels, Abe Elam, injury prone Kendrick Lewis, etc

all awful

smittysbar 10-04-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8977731)

Everybody ****ing celebrated when he was cut. But now you wish Pioli would have kept him longer? LMAO

Pretty wide net you're casting........no not everybody

FAX 10-04-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

... think about this. Pioli and the new regime came in and cut Pollard, did not trade him for any value, flat out cut him....

The other day, as I was thinking about some of the rather strange decisions that have been made over the past 3 or 4 years, it finally dawned on me that, when he arrived, Pioli must have believed that our entire roster was crap ... complete crap from top to bottom.

I don't think he took the time to evaluate anyone on the team ... and didn't care to.

FAX

-King- 10-04-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8977739)
The other day, as I was thinking about some of the rather strange decisions that have been made over the past 3 or 4 years, it finally dawned on me that, when he arrived, Pioli must have believed that our entire roster was crap ... complete crap from top to bottom.

I don't think he took the time to evaluate anyone on the team ... and didn't care to.

FAX

Was it not? Other than a few players (who are still here)... this team was shit. We had one of the worst rosters in the league in 2008.

Rausch 10-04-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8977731)

Horrible in coverage but solid tackler. Great special teams player.

We say we have all these great special teams guys now but our Kr/Pr blocking and defense sucks. Bad. It's horrid.

mcaj22 10-04-2012 08:02 PM

and 4 years later it might be the worst roster in the NFL in 2012. Maybe the Browns are worse. that's it.

Rausch 10-04-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8977739)

FAX

This...

-King- 10-04-2012 08:03 PM

2008 Starters. Which of these guys were let go that didn't deserve it? This roster was complete shit.

QB Tyler Thigpen
RB Larry Johnson
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Devard Darling
TE Brad Cottam
TE Tony Gonzalez*+
LT Branden Albert
LG Brian Waters*
C Rudy Niswanger
RG Adrian Jones
RT Damion McIntosh

LDE Turk McBride
LDT Tank Tyler
RDT Glenn Dorsey
LDE Tamba Hali
LLB Demorrio Williams
MLB Pat Thomas
RLB Derrick O. Johnson
LCB Brandon Carr
RCB Brandon Flowers
SS Bernard Pollard
FS Jarrad Page

notorious 10-04-2012 08:04 PM

Our team was dogshit when Pioli got here.

Not much has changed.

notorious 10-04-2012 08:05 PM

Pat Williams. :facepalm:

Rausch 10-04-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8977751)
and 4 years later it might be the worst roster in the NFL in 2012. Maybe the Browns are worse. that's it.

The roster has enough talent to be very competitive.

In fact I'd argue with any top 10 QB we'd win this division.

Easily.

Our GM has drafted good players (not great) over the years and we have good talent. Talent that should land us between 8-8 and 10-6.

Unfortunately the GM also insists on keeping a total $#itbag at QB, HC, and the owner isn't willing to put his foot down...

-King- 10-04-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8977750)
Horrible in coverage but solid tackler. Great special teams player.

We say we have all these great special teams guys now but our Kr/Pr blocking and defense sucks. Bad. It's horrid.

LMAOLMAO No he's not. Did you miss all the times Clay gif'd him up? He whiffed more than any other player on the team.

And we're 6th in kick off returns and 5th in punt returns.

notorious 10-04-2012 08:08 PM

Pollard was a horrid tackler. He went for the knockout punch whenever he lucked himself into position to make a tackle.

-King- 10-04-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 6023937)

mcaj22 10-04-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8977764)
The roster has enough talent to be very competitive.

In fact I'd argue with any top 10 QB we'd win this division.

Easily.

Our GM has drafted good players (not great) over the years and we have good talent. Talent that should land us between 8-8 and 10-6.

Unfortunately the GM also insists on keeping a total $#itbag at QB, HC, and the owner isn't willing to put his foot down...

there is like 5 good players on the whole team

every other player is based on hype, potential, being a training camp warrior, buying into the pioli propaganda that the player is automatically this great player without even generating any legit NFL production in a real ****ing game.

BigMeatballDave 10-04-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8977751)

:spock:

This is the dumbest post I've seen today.

mcaj22 10-04-2012 08:10 PM

i see some of you are still drinking the Pioli kool aid that there is talent on this team besides the 2008 draft class and a couple other guys

in due time when most of these guys dont pan out to be anything more than average, you will wake up

Rausch 10-04-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8977777)

every other player is based on hype, potential, being a training camp warrior, buying into the pioli propaganda that the player is automatically this great player without even generating any legit NFL production in a real ****ing game.

Name the 5...

FAX 10-04-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8977745)
Was it not? Other than a few players (who are still here)... this team was shit. We had one of the worst rosters in the league in 2008.

Hmmm ... not necessarily. What we had were some bad players and some good players and some excellent players ... all of whom were soft and out-of-shape.

FAX

2bikemike 10-04-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8976804)
http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_...udioId=6063673

All you can do is laugh at this point. "The chiefs don't make the moves necessary to improve the team, chiefs wont spend the $ to get great players"

Didn't read through any responses and it might have already been said, but if it has I will repeat it.

This is why I think shit canning Pioli or RAC wouldn't solve anything. There is one common denominator of this team that hasn't really changed in all the years of coaching changes and management changes. And that is the Hunt family.

When you leave the kind of dough on the table that the Chiefs have over the past years its pretty clear they aren't interested in becoming championship caliber.

Of course that doesn't explain away the horrible choices management has made in the money they have spent.

DeezNutz 10-04-2012 08:13 PM

All of the foundational pieces on the team were in place before Pioli took the job. How many times does this fact need to be reiterated?

-King- 10-04-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8977788)
Hmmm ... not necessarily. What we had were some bad players and some good players and some excellent players ... all of whom were soft and out-of-shape.

FAX

See that roster I posted. Which player on that roster would you like to have that's not here anymore?

That's just an embarrassing roster. There's at least 10 players on there that aren't even in the league anymore.

BigMeatballDave 10-04-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8977785)
i see some of you are still drinking the Pioli kool aid that there is talent on this team besides the 2008 draft class and a couple other guys

in due time when most of these guys dont pan out to be anything more than average, you will wake up

I see you're still a ****ing moron.

It has nothing to do with your stupid Pioli Kool-aid shit.

With a good QB, this is a very different team.

FAX 10-04-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8977777)

Hmmm ... I think you may be getting a little carried away there, Mr. mcaj22.

In many respects, this is a very different team than the one Pioli inherited. We have some damn fine players that any franchise in the league would move into their starting line-up.

What we have is a very poorly coached team at this point.

FAX

FAX 10-04-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8977796)
See that roster I posted. Which player on that roster would you like to have that's not here anymore?

That's just an embarrassing roster. There's at least 10 players on there that aren't even in the league anymore.

It appears that you're confusing my posts with somebody else's.

FAX

DeezNutz 10-04-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8977801)

FAX

We have a shallow roster, led by an individual, Cassel, who inspires no respect from his teammates and thus cannot lead.

Additionally, the HC was put in a position to fail by being allowed to assume DC responsibilities, too.

In short, Pioli couldn't be a worse GM.

BigMeatballDave 10-04-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

In many respects, this is a very different team than the one Pioli inherited. We have some damn fine players that any franchise in the league would move into their starting line-up.

FAX

I concur.

-King- 10-04-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

FAX

Yep. VERY poorly coached team. I wish we had gotten one of the Harbaugh brothers. We'd be contenders right now. Instead we got a meth head and a doofus.

mcaj22 10-04-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

FAX

but like someone just said, all the foundational pieces were here before Pioli took the job. And those pieces are in the PRIME of their careers and all Pioli is doing is wasting that talent away.

-King- 10-04-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8977785)

Which of our starters wouldn't be starting for other teams?

mcaj22 10-04-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8977799)
I see you're still a ****ing moron.

It has nothing to do with your stupid Pioli Kool-aid shit.

With a good QB, this is a very different team.

the roster is shallow and weak. Dave you can call me any mean name in the book you want but I shall agree to disagree with you and still love you at the end of the day sir.

mcaj22 10-04-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8977819)

define "other teams"

playoff teams? not many of players would be upgrades to most playoff teams. maybe 7 or 8 guys at most pending the team

every team would take Bowe. Some would take Hali, Charles, DJ. Most would take Flowers. Some would take Berry. And some would take Albert.

Rausch 10-04-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

I think we picked like we had Brady.

We don't.

Hudson will end up a great C. Big John will be an awesome G. I have no doubt in that. I love these picks.

But our 1st round picks were wasted. We spent QB-level picks on disposable positions (DE.)

FAX 10-04-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8977811)
We have a shallow roster, led by an individual, Cassel, who inspires no respect from his teammates and thus cannot lead.

Additionally, the HC was put in a position to fail by being allowed to assume DC responsibilities, too.

In short, Pioli couldn't be a worse GM.

I won't argue the fact that Cassel has a negative effect on the overall team. He has a negative effect on the weather and the world banking system. And there probably hasn't been a more meddling GM in the league since Darth Liberace The Elder.

But, the way my pitiable brainpan attempts to function, I include starting-line-up under the header "Coaching Decisions". The unusual situation we find ourselves in with respect to Cassel, notwithstanding.

FAX

FAX 10-04-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8977815)
but like someone just said, all the foundational pieces were here before Pioli took the job. And those pieces are in the PRIME of their careers and all Pioli is doing is wasting that talent away.

I can't disagree with those two sentence things.

FAX

DeezNutz 10-04-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8977819)

Best player Pioli has acquired? Berry? Anyone else?

Jackson is shit. Has been since the selection. Baldwin doesn't even sniff year-two Bowe...and the list can go on.

Face facts; Pioli is a disaster.

Hammock Parties 10-04-2012 08:30 PM

Houston is a better player than Berry at this point.

BigMeatballDave 10-04-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8977820)
the roster is shallow and weak. Dave you can call me any mean name in the book you want but I shall agree to disagree with you and still love you at the end of the day sir.

Stop with the Pioli Kool-aid and Homer shit.

This roster is much better than you think.

Sure, the depth is weak, but there are some very solid players here.

Like I said, a good QB will make this team so much better.

I dislike Scott as much as anyone here.

DeezNutz 10-04-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8977829)
I won't argue the fact that Cassel has a negative effect on the overall team. He has a negative effect on the weather and the world banking system. And there probably hasn't been a more meddling GM in the league since Darth Liberace The Elder.

But, the way my pitiable brainpan attempts to function, I include starting-line-up under the header "Coaching Decisions". The unusual situation we find ourselves in with respect to Cassel, notwithstanding.

FAX

The team is ill-prepared because the HC is taking on too much responsibility. Good thing we haven't seen that problem before. No way that Egoli could have prevented it.

As for starting lineup, who is not playing that should be?

BigMeatballDave 10-04-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8977834)
Best player Pioli has acquired? Berry? Anyone else?

Jackson is shit. Has been since the selection. Baldwin doesn't even sniff year-two Bowe...and the list can go on.

Face facts; Pioli is a disaster.

Berry?

I think Berry is being used wrong.

Seems like he was used differently than 2 yrs ago.

Plus, he's not likely 100%

I just think the coaching is shit.

Look what Harbaugh's staff did for the 49ers in one season.

Edit: I misread that post, initially.

jspchief 10-04-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8977014)
Who gives a shit if he has an axe to grind?

He's right. That's all that matters here.

Yep.

The talent of Pollard and Battle is irrelevant. Their motivation might be relevant. But at the end of the day what these guys are saying is easy to believe.

This team has been mired in mediocrity for the better part of 4 decades. I don't find it hard to believe that there is an institutional shortcoming that has passed from father to son. Maybe their intent is winning, but the execution is missing.

Rausch 10-04-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8977835)
Houston is a better player than Berry at this point.

A healthy Lewis is as well.

Berry is clearly hurt. He's either not back (and never will be) or he's playing through an injury he shouldn't be.