ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Do you support "the banner"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264729)

DaneMcCloud 10-06-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8983877)
How do you explain the Clippers, then?

Who?

petegz28 10-06-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8983903)
Who?

The Clippers. You know, those things you use to trim your hair!

pr_capone 10-06-2012 09:27 PM

I wonder about the two that voted #5. Why do you feel this way?

KS Smitty 10-06-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8983848)
KC is 10th in attendance.

8th last year.

Is that actual number of fans at the game or the number of tickets sold?

The "new" club level looked empty from the beginning of the game last week, I imagine that many of those seats have been bought by corporations whose employees are either bandwagon fans or not even football fans. Do those empty seats count towards "attendance"?

DTLB58 10-06-2012 09:52 PM

I voted #2. I know you can only put so much on one banner, but at this point I think this franchise is beyond fixing just by changing the QB and GM.

Clark must sell!

AussieChiefsFan 10-06-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 8984030)
I voted #2. I know you can only put so much on one banner, but at this point I think this franchise is beyond fixing just by changing the QB and GM.

Clark must sell!

you serious?

Gonzo 10-06-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8983928)
I wonder about the two that voted #5. Why do you feel this way?

Because they hate conformity and want to be different. Trust me.

|Zach| 10-06-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 8984036)
you serious?

Why not? This team's issues didn't start with Matt.

chiefzilla1501 10-06-2012 11:27 PM

I almost didn't vote. Because I couldn't find the "**** yeah" option.

chiefzilla1501 10-06-2012 11:29 PM

Maybe I'm a sucker. But my hope is that this becomes enough of a story that the banner shows up on national news. Because if the banner shows up on, say, ESPN. And Cassel throws a stinker (which he will). Think that puts Pioli in a publicly embarrassing situation.

So I disagree that this banner accomplishes nothing.

Steron 10-06-2012 11:31 PM

I'm on board. I donated and I'm proud of it.

bevischief 10-06-2012 11:37 PM

Already in.

stevieray 10-06-2012 11:45 PM

i support the fans right to express themselves..

question is..will it make a difference?

guess we'll find out

Otter 10-06-2012 11:47 PM

It's a message that got some headlines. Even if nothing comes out of it we gave a little "FU" back. Management and the redshirts probably won't even acknowledge it but they'll know it's there.

Gonna be hard to ignore a banner flying over. How about a playoff win once every 10 years or so you inept pricks. One of the most dedicated fan bases in the NFL getting fed "maybe next year" for 40 years is gonna come to a head.

Candy wrapper
Mark Castle

2bikemike 10-06-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 8984030)

Clark must sell!

The Hunt Family is one very important common denominator here. We have tried a handful of coaches and a couple new GM's and the Stink is still permeating the team.

bench_cassel 10-07-2012 12:46 AM

I SUPPORT THE BANNER! PUCK FIOLI

Johnny Vegas 10-07-2012 12:49 AM

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFile...6/81575271.gif

AussieChiefsFan 10-07-2012 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 8984362)
The Hunt Family is one very important common denominator here. We have tried a handful of coaches and a couple new GM's and the Stink is still permeating the team.

I guess they could always do what green bay are doing. Have the fans own the team.

pr_capone 10-07-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 8984472)
I guess they could always do what green bay are doing. Have the fans own the team.

Against the rules now.

AussieChiefsFan 10-07-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8984477)
Against the rules now.

Didn't know that....

Art Vader 10-07-2012 04:39 AM

It's interesting and and good to see the fans go to lengths to demand a quality product, but it won't change anything... probably make it harder for Clark to make a move because it will look like he was pressured by outsiders and that's not a good look for him... just another reason for him to stay the course.

All you can hope is that it makes them feel a little embarrassed... but they don't give a shit what the fans think or Cassel wouldn't have stuck around this long anyway.

Too bad you can't give all that money to a charitable cause and achieve the same effect. It's gonna take a lot more than a plane with a banner.. Jesus basically needs to come back and walk around and preach to everyone tailgating and convince them not to go inside the stadium, and not to come to anymore games until there is an undeniable financial hit which forces the change.

I love the Chiefs and can't root for another team the same way, so it's hard to just give up on them, but until this team has a completely new regime, including vigorous ownership with some football savvy, I'm just going to be waiting so I can be a proud Chiefs fan again.

Noss 10-07-2012 05:55 AM

yes.

BoneKrusher 10-07-2012 06:30 AM

http://www.automizeit.com/blog/wp-co...brilliant.jpeg

chiefzilla1501 10-07-2012 06:34 AM

On NFL Network's show....
While I couldn't stop staring at Melissa Stark's legs, I was still able to see two headlines on the side.

Pioli on the hot seat
Cassel on the hot seat

I'm sorry, but I would have to imagine the ONLY reason these are headlines is because they're starting to hear chatter about it. Especially on Pioli, who has been untouched by the national media.

KCUnited 10-07-2012 06:39 AM

Tip of the cap to PR for getting the ball rolling and putting his face on it, everyone who donated to it, and all the people on the back end that distributed the message.

Rasputin 10-07-2012 06:59 AM

It's a fan****ingtastic idea!

farmerchief 10-07-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8983830)
Season tickets are already sold and TV dollars drive the league.

Embarrassment and public attention are the best routes at this point.

Exactly! People ARE going to take notice! Upper management might not acknowledge it, but they are going to take notice!:thumb:

bevischief 10-07-2012 07:22 AM

I helped paid for it. The only money I spent on the Chiefs this year, Will do so again.

58-4ever 10-07-2012 07:28 AM

Seriously doubt it will, but I'm wondering if it will get any media coverage? Maybe someone should alert the locals.

58-4ever 10-07-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 8984577)
Seriously doubt it will, but I'm wondering if it will get any media coverage? Maybe someone should alert the locals.

**Edit, just saw the Wichita story.** Hoping we some some more coverage.

The Iron Chief 10-07-2012 07:39 AM

I'm on board and all but I truly feel Cassel could look good for the rest of the yr and hes still gone.
And Pioli will still be here no matter what.

Some of the gossip and rumors leaking out of the front office and locker room cant all be BS.
If this was week 14 I think we'd be hearing a lot more, but its so early in the yr to broadcast that there is no intention of bringing Cassel back next season would just make for a Sh1t load of dirty laundry to get aired compared to the whispers were now hearing.

Banner or no banner I feel its finally over for Cassel but Pioli will still be in his booth with a box of munchkins on his lap.

I'm unsure what the chance of national media would be to take a shot of the fly over awaiting to see if Cassel and the Chiefs implode then showing it national is.
But if that were to happen it would be embarrassing to the organization and help in closing the Cassel chapter. :thumb:

gblowfish 10-07-2012 08:08 AM

The only problem of course is, Brady Quinn is probably worse than Casshole. But we've been in "Suck for Luck" mode for over a year now, so.... whatever.

At least we don't have to watch Tyler Palko start, so we've got that going for us.

In58men 10-07-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8984573)
I helped paid for it. The only money I spent on the Chiefs this year, Will do so again.

I dropped close to $1,000 on Chief related items this year.

A BIG ****ing waste of money

Backwards Masking 10-07-2012 08:18 AM

i absolutely support it, and any fan that doesnt ain't a Chiefs Fan.

my only issue is there's no mention of how Little Rich Boy is consistently $30 million below the cap every year. Little Rich Boy deserves to be called out on that on national television. While I completely support the firing of Scott Egoli, he IS working with less than every other GM in the NFL. And that's not Scott's fault - its Little Rich Boys'

I suppose if Arrowhead empties out again there's always the next home game for the "Clark Hunt doesnt care about Chiefs Fans" banner. I like that.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-07-2012 08:18 AM

It's not about pining for Quinn, it's about PeeWee's ass finally hitting the bench for good. He had the injury cop out last year and that bought him another year.

mdchiefsfan 10-07-2012 08:26 AM

I think the banner is great. You have some who support it, some who don't. But ultimately, what is going to happen is those who don't support it are going to have a different view of Cassel this game. They will want Matt to put us in our place and show he's capable. When he plays like his normal self they will boo right along with us. All eyes are on Matt this game and he'd better step up or there will be issues.

Mr. Laz 10-07-2012 08:27 AM

don't care at all

redfan 10-07-2012 08:43 AM

"I'm not a fan, but whatever."

At first, I thought it was amusing and a great idea, now I'm apathetic.
Spend that cash how you see fit, I suppose.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-07-2012 08:47 AM

Looks like Clark ,Pioli and Cassel have their 3 votes in.

CosmicPal 10-07-2012 09:00 AM

I'm not exactly on board with the idea. But that's just me.

I did donate money to the cause, not because I support the idea, but because I support my friends here on the Planet. It means a lot to a lot of folks on here, so I wanted to throw in my support. After all, a ton of folks were kind to me the past couple of years after what happened to my brother and family. It's the least I can do to show my support for the fans here on the Planet.

CosmicPal 10-07-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 8984703)
Looks like Clark ,Pioli and Cassel have their 3 votes in.

LMAO

chiefzilla1501 10-07-2012 09:02 AM

People act like this doesn't change anything.

What I saw is a front office that has stubbornly supported Matt Cassel for 4 years. And filled our ears with propaganda. What I heard was Romeo defiantly tell the media that Matt Cassel was absolutely the starter after last week's game, as if he was reading off a script.

What I'm feeling... the tone at One Arrowhead has changed. Romeo retracted and said Quinn could see time this week. I'm hearing national sports coverage, like NFL network, FINALLY start to question Cassel and Pioli's resume. I credit some of that to the banner. A lot of that to Babb and Mellinger and even Whitlock starting to write stories people connect with.

Pioli does pay attention to the press. Right now, it's enough to probably bother him. But if the groundswell continues and more people follow or join the social media blitz, his problem is going to escalate.

And... biggest of all. Cassel has the performance of his life today. Because like or hate the banner, a LOT of people are going to be watching Cassel closer today than they ever have. And I think they're going to realize how bad this guy really is. Once Cassel shows how bad he really is... I think Pioli is smart enough to know he better hook Cassel, or this groundswell of support calling for his head is going to grow exponentially.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-07-2012 09:04 AM

The reeruns at Pile High got Tebow to start, so yeah fan's voices can make an impact. Pressures on PeeWee.

Balloon Knot 10-07-2012 09:04 AM

I voted for the last one. we have to support our chiefs and cassel for them to win not make some silly banner that makes them feel baD!

Frazod 10-07-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balloon Knot (Post 8984755)
I voted for the last one. we have to support our chiefs and cassel for them to win not make some silly banner that makes them feel baD!

They've been making us feel baD for yearS, dumbasS. :drool:

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-07-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Too obvious troll is too obvious

el borracho 10-07-2012 09:11 AM

Like the idea a lot; not sure the message exactly represents my thoughts* but it's probably the correct message.

*Clarification on my thoughts: I would be ok with Pioli if he would get us a legit QB and start over on the coaching staff.

chiefzilla1501 10-07-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 8984772)
Like the idea a lot; not sure the message exactly represents my thoughts* but it's probably the correct message.

*Clarification on my thoughts: I would be ok with Pioli if he would get us a legit QB and start over on the coaching staff.

I am actually okay with Pioli's team, other than the egotistical decisions at head coach and QB. However, I don't think any coach wants to work for him. And I don't trust him with the QB decision.

mdchiefsfan 10-07-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 8984772)

I like Pioli's team as well, but if he going to ride with Cassel he can GTFO.

milkman 10-07-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

You know, there has to be a certain amount of bliss associated with this level of stupidity.

I almost envy your dumb ass.

Rausch 10-07-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8984753)
The reeruns at Pile High got Tebow to start, so yeah fan's voices can make an impact. Pressures on PeeWee.

The biggest impact will always be by the fans.

The difficult part is motivating them towards a common goal...

Rausch 10-07-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8984831)
You know, there has to be a certain amount of bliss associated with this level of stupidity.

I almost envy your dumb ass.

I ****ing LOATHE it...

milkman 10-07-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8983435)
if you don't support it, you're an asshole

Wait.

I'm an asshole, and I also support this.

How do we reconcile that?

Rausch 10-07-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8984842)
Wait.

I'm an asshole, and I also support this.

How do we reconcile that?

The commies were on our side in WWII.

Sometimes you do the right thing for the wrong reason.

And, sometimes, differences are put aside to combat the greater evil...

JohnnyHammersticks 10-07-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8984785)
I am actually okay with Pioli's team, other than the egotistical decisions at head coach and QB. However, I don't think any coach wants to work for him. And I don't trust him with the QB decision.

Ding, ding, ding, ding....we have a winner!!

Rausch 10-07-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

I am actually okay with Pioli's team, other than the egotistical decisions at head coach and QB.

Other than that bleeding head wound President Lincoln what did you think of the play?...

el borracho 10-07-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

I don't really believe that. You are talking about a multi-million dollar job. If Al Davis could find coaches, Scott Pioli can find coaches.

Iowanian 10-07-2012 09:34 AM

I'd like to see a plane roll back in when the fans are leaving in the 3rd quarter that says "Told you So, Clark"

Rausch 10-07-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8984920)
I'd like to see a plane roll back in when the fans are leaving in the 3rd quarter that says "Told you So, Clark"

"WHEN CLARK STARTS TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY I WILL..."

el borracho 10-07-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8984812)
I like Pioli's team as well, but if he going to ride with Cassel he can GTFO.

Can't argue with that.

Coogs 10-07-2012 09:42 AM

I support the banner. I can't wait until this team is done with both Pioli and Cassel.

But I do believe the ball started rolling a long time ago... fueled by our very own ChiefsPlanet in the bashing threads we have started and that came together in the Decleration Thread. Instead of just mindless bashing, the Planet is ahead of the curve with stats that back up the bashing. And those stats have been sent to local and national media... who have picked up on this prior to the banner.

The banner IMO is needed to further educate the folks who are not like us at the Planet and drink nothing but the kool-aid that Clark puts in front of them.

And while we get our fair share of negativity from many folks...

CHIEFSPLANET RULES!!!!

chiefzilla1501 10-07-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 8984918)
I don't really believe that. You are talking about a multi-million dollar job. If Al Davis could find coaches, Scott Pioli can find coaches.

If you are a candidate in demand, you're not going to go to a team with a General Manager who has a history of micro-managing all the way down to forcing the coach to play a bad QB.

Secondly, Pioli has shown ZERO ability to think outside Erhardt-Perkins and 2-gap 3-4. So that right there eliminates 99% of your good head coach candidates.

So Pioli's short list is going to be small and unimpressive. If he looks beyond that short list, he's going to have to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 09:46 AM

We planted the seeds of revolution in the minds of many this summer.

Now our work is bearing fruit.

chiefzilla1501 10-07-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8984906)
Other than that bleeding head wound President Lincoln what did you think of the play?...

Exactly. I think the supporting cast he's built is better than people suggest.

But the most important positions were botched. And in my opinion, the biggest problem wasn't talent evaluation as much as it was ego.

Coogs 10-07-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8984990)
We planted the seeds of revolution in the minds of many this summer.

Now our work is bearing fruit.

Yep! :thumb:

Omaha 10-07-2012 09:58 AM

I wonder what effect it will have? I can see Pioli getting pissed & digging his heals in & insisting that Cassel is the starting QB until people just stop showing up. He seems to be THAT GUY. More likely, though, he'll just ignore it.

Sure-Oz 10-07-2012 09:59 AM

If anything the banner will make Pioli more insecure

DeezNutz 10-07-2012 10:00 AM

Sam Mellinger ‏@mellinger

So how many NFL teams are getting ready to play under a banner calling for the GMs firing and QBs benching? Just the one? #Chiefs

GloryDayz 10-07-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8983419)
Clearly there is a lot of energy around the banner, but I generally understand the criticisms that have been posted from others around teh internets. Anyway, the pollster in me is curious to know how many actual detractors we have (and I don't necessarily mean to imply that's a bad thing).

Anyway, intentionally anonymous poll to follow.

It needed to happen, it was past due, and it's part of a process. Many will say it means little to nothing, but that's like politicians who say THEY don't look at polls. Right! And even if Chunt's folks have covered his eyes so he doesn't see it, or images of it, but with the press talking about it I'm not sure they can protect his virgin ears from this reality. Now, will he do something once he knows the masses don't like him? Prolly not, he's doesn't strike me as anything but a drooling fool who will just play the part of the victim-owner! For us, it's the foot in the door of reality for him...

As for others around the Internet.....who cares? I'm sure if they're from cities and towns where their team isn't horrible this is reason for concern. If the end-game was just started, they may have another team to contend with sooner than later.

But I'm not sure they need to worry. As long as Chunt ownes this team, there's little chance they'll be good at anything but soccer. So tell them to pipe down...

noa 10-07-2012 10:07 AM

I think it feels good for us to be able to express our frustration, and that alone makes it worth it. I certainly don't think the banner is going to be detrimental to a team that's already playing this shitty.

mdchiefsfan 10-07-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8984920)

LMAO

Balloon Knot 10-07-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8985052)
Sam Mellinger ‏@mellinger

So how many NFL teams are getting ready to play under a banner calling for the GMs firing and QBs benching? Just the one? #Chiefs

Embarrassing. Way to make a joke out of our fan base! go chiefs and go cassel!

Coogs 10-07-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balloon Knot (Post 8985097)

Joke of our fanbase? I think not! Personally, I think it makes our fanbase top of the NFL!

noa 10-07-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Trollololol

Frazod 10-07-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Tell me, are you:

a) a shit-stirring mult
b) reeruned
c) 7 years old
d) all of the above

Balloon Knot 10-07-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8985123)
Tell me, are you:

a) a shit-stirring mult
b) reeruned
c) 7 years old
d) all of the above

no I'm a chiefs fan who supports our team and qb unlike most of you!

Coogs 10-07-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8985123)
Tell me, are you:

a) a shit-stirring mult
b) reeruned
c) 7 years old
d) all of the above

Pioli? :shrug:

Coogs 10-07-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balloon Knot (Post 8985129)

What you don't undeerstand is that all of who are here support our team. We just don't support what this GM and QB are doing to our team. There is a difference Scott.

Bwana 10-07-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Little buddy, you seem kind of miserable.

Iowanian 10-07-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balloon Knot (Post 8985129)

Mrs Cassel, your son is a nice boy but a shitty quarterback.