ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs begin scheming to fit Brady Quinn (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264838)

The_Doctor10 10-08-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8994345)
That first ball is underthrown, but it was 50 yards. The offense there is that it should have been thrown sooner. At least he has the arm to make that throw.

That's the thing, isn't it? That throw, from a qb with less than a full season of NFL experience, is one you expect to happen. It's going to happen. Why? Because he's a ****ing noob. But it's entirely correctable.

Did anyone see Eli Manning becoming the stud QB he is in his first season? Because all he did then was take a 5-4 team and drive it into the ground. Now he has 2 rings and he's a top 3 QB in the game.

Not saying Quinn is the solution by any stretch. But you can't scream 'bench Cassel' and 'Don't stop playing Cassel he's our only chance at Geno Smith!' at the same time.

Rausch 10-08-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doctor10 (Post 8994406)
That's the thing, isn't it? That throw, from a qb with less than a full season of NFL experience, is one you expect to happen. It's going to happen. Why? Because he's a ****ing noob. But it's entirely correctable.

Did anyone see Eli Manning becoming the stud QB he is in his first season? Because all he did then was take a 5-4 team and drive it into the ground. Now he has 2 rings and he's a top 3 QB in the game.

Not saying Quinn is the solution by any stretch. But you can't scream 'bench Cassel' and 'Don't stop playing Cassel he's our only chance at Geno Smith!' at the same time.

Ruthlessrapist didn't look like much his first 2 years either...

ChiefsCountry 10-08-2012 11:44 PM

Around age 27 is when you know if a quarterback has it or not.

Beef Supreme 10-09-2012 12:02 AM

We are going to end up with Tony Romo when Dallas runs him out of town. Book it.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8994418)

The comparison you need to make is Brodie Croyle.

Find a QB who looked as bad as Croyle did his first two years, and went on to be a good player.

Then I'll start to believe Quinn can be an average QB.

That's what Quinn was in Cleveland. He was their Brodie Croyle.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2012 12:05 AM

I wish Cassel hadn't been injured

Megbert 10-09-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8993842)
well Quinn's passes looked strange to me. The ball did seem to zip with velocity in a straight line. I don't know what planet he's from because I've never seen that before.

I'm not saying he's an alien, but he's an alien.

KCJohnny 10-09-2012 03:24 AM

Without getting too scientific, Quinn is addition by subtraction. Cassel is responsible for what - 15, 16, 17 turnovers so far? If Quinn is totally vanilla but does not fumble and get picked every other offensive possession, KC could be right back in the hunt of a very winnable AFCW. I would say that of the four losses, at least 2, maybe three were auto-desctructions, and not sound beatings from superior foes. We dominated both SD and Baltimore in the box score but commited TEN turnovers. While not all of them are directly attributable to Cassel, enough are that a QB who can take care of the football may be able to grow into spreading the ball around to a weapons-rich offense that can run the ball almost at will.

TimeForWasp 10-09-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8993351)
Going to continue to run Jamaal into the ground I presume?

Charles needs more carries.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-09-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8993569)
How awesome would it be if he threw for 350 with 3 or 4 TDs and no picks?

Brady is in my prayers. This needs to happen !

BlackHelicopters 10-09-2012 06:06 AM

Is Todd Marinovich available?

htismaqe 10-09-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8994418)

Rookie season was the 2nd-highest completion percentage of his entire career and he had 17 TDs with 11 INTs. His 2nd season he had 17 TDs but decreased his INTs to 9.

He still looked decent, whereas Brady Quinn, outside of 1 game, looked AWFUL.

Micjones 10-09-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 8993564)
Arm strength I haven't seen from a chiefs qb in well......forever

Throw pass he threw to Bowe to convert the third down, was a laser.

Lzen 10-09-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8993761)
If it means we win enough games to miss out on Geno Smith, then no, I'm not excited. Unless Quinn leads this team to AFCC game and proves that he is worthy of a continued investment then I will be upset if he ruins our chances of getting Geno.

What if Quinn leads this team to the playoffs? And what if they were to win a playoff game? Then how would you feel? Not saying it's going to happen, but I would definitely be excited about it.

htismaqe 10-09-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8995025)
What if Quinn leads this team to the playoffs? And what if they were to win a playoff game? Then how would you feel? Not saying it's going to happen, but I would definitely be excited about it.

If they WIN a playoff game, all bets are off.

ILChief 10-09-2012 09:39 AM

We aren't getting Geno anyway. No way we finish worse than Jax or Cle

BoneKrusher 10-09-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8995217)

Cleveland is way better at QB than the Chiefs.

The Franchise 10-09-2012 09:43 AM

I have a feeling that we're going to see a similar gameplan to what we ran against the Ravens. They're going to limit Quinn's throws. Maybe not as bad as last week....but I don't see Quinn throwing the ball more than 20-22 times.

Pioli is going to kill Charles before he leaves this team. Charles will unfortunately be our sacrificial lamb.

htismaqe 10-09-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8995217)

Well at least we get our pick of Gabbert or Weeden then. :D

BoneKrusher 10-09-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8995232)

Pioli is going to kill Charles before he leaves this team. Charles will unfortunately be our sacrificial lamb.

you're probably Right.

ILChief 10-09-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8995228)
Cleveland is way better at QB than the Chiefs.

Their team is way worse

ILChief 10-09-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8995234)
Well at least we get our pick of Gabbert or Weeden then. :D

Meh, draft Wilson

Ace Gunner 10-09-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

I have a feeling that we're going to see a similar gameplan to what we ran against the Ravens. They're going to limit Quinn's throws. Maybe not as bad as last week....but I don't see Quinn throwing the ball more than 20-22 times.

They'll be moderate with the plan, yes, but Quinn has played 4 years college in this system under Weis and got his feet wet in the NFL within the same system -- the coaching staff knows this and they will use the passing game as needed.

Jamaal Charles is the only great football player on this team. I don't see why you'd bench the kid for better days. There is no stopping the biological clock. Jamaal needs to play as much as posssible and maybe, just maybe he will inspire the rest of these posers to put up. It's happened before, but Cassel was that turd that could not be polished.

Radar Chief 10-09-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8994609)

Same here and would prefer he was taken off the field due to his performance instead.

htismaqe 10-09-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8995243)
Meh, draft Wilson

It was a joke.

htismaqe 10-09-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8995262)
Same here and would prefer he was taken off the field due to his performance instead.

This.

beach tribe 10-09-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8993577)
say goodbye to Geno Smith

We will not have the #1 pick anyway, and that''s the only way we get Smith. I want him really bad, but I have had no delusions about getting him. It's not gonna happen. Crennel is in his last shot as a HC and is not gonna tank the season.

beach tribe 10-09-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8994609)

Me too. I wanted to see him yanked. I bet Crennel was happy he got injured.

Phobia 10-09-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8993589)
Thanks. My immediate thought was why the NFL doesn't do the speed thingy like the baseball league does on pitches. Those data would be fun to see.

Because 65 MPH passes aren't quite as important to the game as 98 MPH pitches. Some of the better passes you'll see are going to be touch balls dropped into a receiver's hands rather than rifled in at the top of the QB's arm potential. Most fans would get pretty bored with it especially when they find out some of the more popular QB's in the game aren't throwing as hard as you want to believe. As confusing as QB efficiency rating numbers can be, they're really the best way to determine the value of a QB.

beach tribe 10-09-2012 10:04 AM

I would love to see Brady become(by some MIRACLE)a late blooming franchise QB, but he's gonna have to be a bonafide star. although I am excited to see how he does, if he in any way keeps us from drafting a 1st round QB, I'm not gonna be able to deal with next season.

durtyrute 10-09-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8995298)
I would love to see Brady become(by some MIRACLE)a late blooming franchise QB, but he's gonna have to be a bonafide star. although I am excited to see how he does, if he in any way keeps us from drafting a 1st round QB, I'm not gonna be able to deal with next season.

He is a first round qB

Bane 10-09-2012 10:17 AM

At least he looked like he wanted to get the ball back at the end of the game.Casshole would have been on the bench smirking and dropping his hat.

King_Chief_Fan 10-09-2012 10:21 AM

Interesting how Crennel makes it clear that Brady is a passer (since they are changing the game plan) and Cassel is not a passer

Marcellus 10-09-2012 10:24 AM

I hope the WR can run farther than 10 yards still, they may be out of shape.

King_Chief_Fan 10-09-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 8994377)
This is where we just have to let it all out with Quinn and see what we got. He's only had 9 games with Cleveland who had no talent. He's got WRs and Jamaal here. Im not saying he's the future but maybe he could be a stop gap for a year while we groom a rookie QB. I also want to see Stanzi. Mr. Pioli's only QB he's drafted here needs to play to see why Pioli drafted him

no to Stanzi....you said it yourself...Pioli drafted him...Pioli picked Cassel as well and paid him 60M....I already know what Stanzi is just based on that....Not to mention he doesnt dress out, can't win the back up job.

Bane 10-09-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8995369)
I hope the WR can run farther than 10 yards still, they may be out of shape.

From that distance the ball may appear too small for them to pick up!

Radar Chief 10-09-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8995324)
He is a first round qB

That hasn’t held a starting job in forever and was brought here specifically to not put any pressure on Cassel.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad for the change but I’m not expecting anything other than the smell of the shit they’re spreading around the field will be a little different.

Chief Faithful 10-09-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 8995356)
Interesting how Crennel makes it clear that Brady is a passer (since they are changing the game plan) and Cassel is not a passer

That sounds so good.

Sorter 10-09-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8995025)

Depends on how he plays in both the win and loss in the playoffs. I'd love for Quinn to do well as I feel he's been given poor opportunities to succeed. However, I want Geno. I do not want Quinn to interrupt that process unless he shows he will be as good or better than Geno.

Deberg_1990 10-09-2012 11:17 AM

No matter how good or bad Quinn is, they still should try and draft a top tier QB. The only scenario where you shouldnt IMO is if Quinn wins a Super Bowl this year.

Dont want to get fooled by the "1 year wonder" Brady Anderson scenario.

Sorter 10-09-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8995548)
No matter how good or bad Quinn is, they still should try and draft a top tier QB. The only scenario where you shouldnt IMO is if Quinn wins a Super Bowl this year.

Dont want to get fooled by the "1 year wonder" Brady Anderson scenario.

Yup.

BlackHelicopters 10-09-2012 11:26 AM

Never thought I would say this, but I miss Tyler Thigpen.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-09-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 8995579)

%(/ bad n00b

Sorter 10-09-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

http://photos.summerglauwiki.com/alb...-disgusted.gif

and

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/disg...cussed_gif.gif

Sorter 10-09-2012 11:29 AM

LMAOLMAOLMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8995587)
%(/ bad n00b

Ace Gunner 10-09-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8995324)
He is a first round qB

ya and this year's crop of late 1st rnd QB's is no better than the draft Brady Quinn was in.

I think this franchise is in position now to trade up for Smith. If Hunt doesn't do this, get it done, he's a ****ing idiot and I'll turn away from everything Chiefs from that point until somebody with some damn sense owns that team.

I like Quinn, but Geno Smith is twice the player and could sit for a season with Quinn here.

Of course, in order to do this, you have to be in charge of this team and you have to assert your good leadership to make all of the proper plans and directions to this staff and team. That is where my feeling about Clark Hunt stems, really, is he just doesn't get it. The dude grew up in a "NFL football family" and he doesn't know shit about how to win in this league. What a dumbass.

durtyrute 10-09-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8995407)
That hasn’t held a starting job in forever and was brought here specifically to not put any pressure on Cassel.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad for the change but I’m not expecting anything other than the smell of the shit they’re spreading around the field will be a little different.

We all know that Quinn was ****ed over from the moment he was drafted. At least he played in college. Matty is pissantli's love child and that is why he was starting. There is no ****ing way anything could be worse than Matt Cassel. (except Tyler Palko, who still had a better command of the offense than Matt)

durtyrute 10-09-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 8995664)
ya and this year's crop of late 1st rnd QB's is no better than the draft Brady Quinn was in.

I think this franchise is in position now to trade up for Smith. If Hunt doesn't do this, get it done, he's a ****ing idiot and I'll turn away from everything Chiefs from that point until somebody with some damn sense owns that team.

I like Quinn, but Geno Smith is twice the player and could sit for a season with Quinn here.

Of course, in order to do this, you have to be in charge of this team and you have to assert your good leadership to make all of the proper plans and directions to this staff and team. That is where my feeling about Clark Hunt stems, really, is he just doesn't get it. The dude grew up in a "NFL football family" and he doesn't know shit about how to win in this league. What a dumbass.

I agree about Geno. I just mentioned Quinn being a first rounder because it seems like some people think that's all you need is any first rounder. I'm just here to remind folks that we have one who we haven't really see play yet.

As far as Clark, he did go out and get the "best" GM prospect there was who in turn brought in the best OC and DC prospects there were. I think he may know more than we think.

jimhitter 10-09-2012 01:24 PM

You mean Derek Anderson?

Omaha 10-09-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Go punch yourself in the dick right now!

Exoter175 10-09-2012 01:34 PM

I can't be the only one thinking that this "scheme" for Brady means instead of check downs and bubble screens, we will be planning for passing routes longer than 7 yards........lol

Beef Supreme 10-09-2012 01:49 PM

They have to scheme for his slightly different hand-off delivery.

zimdogg 10-09-2012 02:31 PM

Noob signing in... Can we get the banner to say "Draft Dayne Crist"

K thanks.

Chris Meck 10-09-2012 03:09 PM

they've designed some plays utilizing something called a 'forward pass'. Apparently some other teams use it as well.

The Franchise 10-09-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimdogg (Post 8996170)

K thanks.

Ban this mother****er.

The Iron Chief 10-09-2012 03:30 PM

What is there to scheme?

Just tell all the WR's they can run now instead of jog.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 03:32 PM

Our gameplan will look like Huard @ Denver, 2006.

Except Huard was better than Quinn will ever be.

Sorter 10-09-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

K thanks.

IP Ban plz

RustShack 10-09-2012 06:18 PM

Hopefully Quinn starts. I just picked him up since Brees has a bye. Could have signed Kolb, but I have faith in him with these weapons against the NFL's worst Passing Defense.

digger 10-09-2012 07:35 PM

“We have to look at the strength of every player we’re going to play in the game. The things Brady does well, we have to tilt the game plan toward those things."

Maybe Brady can't take the center/QB exchange very well, Maybe Brady can't hand off the ball 50 times in a row, Maybe Brady can't make the 5 to 9 yard pass, Maybe Brady can't throw the ball too high and/or behind his receivers, Maybe Brady can't Throw many INT and or Fumble several times in a single game........WTH!!??

Coogs 10-09-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger12291970 (Post 8997055)
“We have to look at the strength of every player we’re going to play in the game. The things Brady does well, we have to tilt the game plan toward those things."

Quote:

If we didn’t, we wouldn’t be very good coaches.
Personally, I think this is Crennel's way of throwing the middle finger to Pioli. We ran the ball 34 times and threw it 6 in the first half against the Ravens... and we were still in the game. Coulda/woulda/shoulda won the game. And now Crennel is covering his ass by getting it out there that he had to gameplan around his QB. That is what a good coaching staff does.

Haley threw his middle finger up at Pioli in the form of Palko... and won a game at Chicago. Showed Pioli you could win a game with any stiff at QB... not just Cassel. The key is "a game".

That is what Cassel can do for you. Win "a game". Once in a while. So can anyone.

boogblaster 10-09-2012 09:23 PM

all fo the coulda woulda shoulda .. but like most of the time it didnta .....

J Diddy 10-09-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8997356)
Personally, I think this is Crennel's way of throwing the middle finger to Pioli. We ran the ball 34 times and threw it 6 in the first half against the Ravens... and we were still in the game. Coulda/woulda/shoulda won the game. And now Crennel is covering his ass by getting it out there that he had to gameplan around his QB. That is what a good coaching staff does.

Haley threw his middle finger up at Pioli in the form of Palko... and won a game at Chicago. Showed Pioli you could win a game with any stiff at QB... not just Cassel. The key is "a game".

That is what Cassel can do for you. Win "a game". Once in a while. So can anyone.

Brodie Croyle disagrees

zimdogg 10-10-2012 09:12 AM

Support Quinn on twitter! @BQ9 Lets get behind the guy.... in a non-homosexual sort of way.

loochy 10-10-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

K thanks.

It depends. How much money did you donate?

Kthx

milkman 10-10-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Chan Gailey is the best turd polisher ever.

King_Chief_Fan 10-10-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

K thanks.

noob signing out......stupid noobs

bowener 10-10-2012 11:28 AM

Quinn looks like Justin Bieber all grown up.

zimdogg 10-10-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8998247)
It depends. How much money did you donate?

Kthx

Sarcasm there bud... relax, go on a run with flappytits, have a beer.

Crush 10-10-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

K thanks.

I know you are trolling, but...

**** YOU

zimdogg 10-10-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 8998579)
I know you are trolling, but...

**** YOU

Consider me ****ed. :thumb:

Coogs 10-10-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8997457)
Brodie Croyle disagrees

While you look at his overall record, you would be correct. But his overall record is sort of misleading. Kind of like the 27-7 crap that gets thrown aroung here by the Cassel fanatics.

Croyle had us basically in the winners circle more than once... only to be let down by Gun's defense.

-King- 10-10-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8999585)
While you look at his overall record, you would be correct. But his overall record is sort of misleading. Kind of like the 27-7 crap that gets thrown aroung here by the Cassel fanatics.

Croyle had us basically in the winners circle more than once... only to be let down by Gun's defense.

Who are those people?

And which games did Croyle have us in the winners circle?
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs 10-10-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8999588)
Who are those people?

And which games did Croyle have us in the winners circle?
Posted via Mobile Device

There are a few around here.

And I posted the Croyle stuff multiple times a few years ago. I'm not going to research it out again. You go look it up. He gave us a late lead 2 or 3 times... only to have Gun's defense competely shit the bed.

DJ's left nut 10-10-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

And again against a team with a premier rush defense and a really really bad pass defense.

Eh, **** it, lets keep on runnin'...

Coogs 10-10-2012 05:30 PM

Here you go -King-. I think I found one of those Cassel fanatics...

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8912217)
I'll go with the guy with multiple 10+ win seasons and is a probowler: Matt Cassel.