ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So Cassel is clearly the wrong guy, but what should Pioli have done? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264907)

Sorter 10-09-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8996646)
LMAO

This is a pretty good use of my time.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...jo_popcorn.gif

the Talking Can 10-09-2012 05:18 PM

Hey gang, so Sandusky is clearly the wrong guy, but what should Penn State have done?

Amnorix 10-09-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8996651)
Thats...

I have no words for an analogy this stupid.

This subject seems to completely unhinge 'Can. Ah well. He's a passionate fan I guess, so can't hold it against him too much.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 05:21 PM

Hitler is a very good analogy, actually, because initially he was loved by the German people and the economy soared.

That's exactly what happened in KC with Pioli.

Then it was clear that his original sin (BEING A ****ING NAZI) was kind of a problem.

So it has been with Pioli. His original sin is kind of a problem.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 05:22 PM

****ING Patriots fans. You have destroyed the Browns, Jets, Broncos Dolphins, Irish and Chiefs with your DISEASE.

GO TO HELL.

Brock 10-09-2012 05:22 PM

We can all forgive Pioli for trading for Cassel. What we can't forgive is a lack of a plan B. There was no plan B. Never was. Good teams in this league are always prospecting QBs. The Chiefs never did, aside from Stanzi. That's unforgiveable.

the Talking Can 10-09-2012 05:24 PM

Hey gang, so Atisone Kenneth Seiuli was clearly the wrong guy, but what should Eddie Murphy have done?

Molitoth 10-09-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs never did, aside from Stanzi
and they won't even give him a chance...

What was the point in even drafting the guy?

the Talking Can 10-09-2012 05:27 PM

i don't forgive him for trading for a worthless bench warmer...it was the end as soon as he did it

4 years wasted waiting for that arrogant bastard to admit he is a failure...

Amnorix 10-09-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996672)
****ING Patriots fans. You have destroyed the Browns, Jets, Broncos Dolphins, Irish and Chiefs with your DISEASE.

GO TO HELL.

Actually, I'm pretty sure not a single Patriots FAN did any of that, actually.

And your (and by this I mean YOU, personally, GoCHIEFS, and no one else) personal agony over the Chiefs sucking because of a chain of events caused by Pollards hit on Brady I sincerely enjoy because of your complete lack of class over injuries to the players of other teams, including Brady. While I feel bad for other Chiefs fans on here, YOU I do not.

Figured I'd share that with ya, in case you were wondering.

Good night all.

Sorter 10-09-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996672)

GO TO HELL.

http://i.imgur.com/xebPe.png

Amnorix 10-09-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8996673)
We can all forgive Pioli for trading for Cassel. What we can't forgive is a lack of a plan B. There was no plan B. Never was. Good teams in this league are always prospecting QBs. The Chiefs never did, aside from Stanzi. That's unforgiveable.

I agree they're always prospecting QBs, but there just aren't 32 starting caliber quarterbacks in the NFL, and having decent backups isn't easy. Many teams just roll the dice on it cuz there aren't even 32, much less 64.

I really don't get letting Orton go though. That part makes no sense to me.

Sorter 10-09-2012 05:29 PM

In all seriousness, I can't blame NE. The only person solely responsible is Pioli.

the Talking Can 10-09-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996684)

And your (and by this I mean YOU, personally, GoCHIEFS, and no one else) personal agony over the Chiefs sucking because of a chain of events caused by Pollards hit on Brady I sincerely enjoy because of your complete lack of class over injuries to the players of other teams, including Brady. While I feel bad for other Chiefs fans on here, YOU I do not.

Good night all.

thanks for stooping to speak to the wretched masses...some day we'll understand the genious that is scott pioli, i'm sure

Cannibal 10-09-2012 05:31 PM

Cassel blows, but so does Sanchez.

Sorter 10-09-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996688)
I agree they're always prospecting QBs, but there just aren't 32 starting caliber quarterbacks in the NFL, and having decent backups isn't easy. Many teams just roll the dice on it cuz there aren't even 32, much less 64.

I really don't get letting Orton go though. That part makes no sense to me.

That. Not drafting Dalton. Or Russel Wilson. Or even ****ing Osweiler.

Or hell, even giving Stanzi or Quinn a shot. It has been readily apparent for 2 years now that Cassel is detrimental to this team. You might as well find out what you have in your other investments (Quinn, Stanzi) and move on.

Reaper16 10-09-2012 05:34 PM

Amnorix, the answer is literally anything else. Literally anything. You saw Cassel play in 2008 so you know he was garbage that season. That's a player you acquire as a stop-gap, maybe. Not a player you give $60 some million to.

patteeu 10-09-2012 05:35 PM

He could have let his coaches bench Cassel and give the other guys a shot. If they lose, your draft position is enhanced. Either way, draft a QB in every draft until you strike gold.

the Talking Can 10-09-2012 05:36 PM

the correct answer to the stupid question is "anything"

he could have done anything, but chose to do nothing...

because he is a failure

Crush 10-09-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Good night all.

Thanks for gracing us simple folk with your presence. You easterners sure are sophisticated.

HemiEd 10-09-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8996531)
If you had actually watched the games instead of looking at stats, you wouldn't be asking this question.

This times eleventy billion

Chief Roundup 10-09-2012 05:48 PM

He should of traded up 3rd round, would of done it for the Jags, and drafted Tannehill. So right now Tannehill could have came in and start his tenure.

King_Chief_Fan 10-09-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996499)
So with my finely tuned senses and amazing powers of perception, I have detected some small modicum of dislike for Mr. Cassel, and for Mr. Pioli as well. I realize that the hatred of Pioli is for more reasons than going with Cassel, but it seems to me that not only is the Cassel deal a big part of why people hate him, but a part of why the Chiefs are losing so much, which also leads to hating the GM who built the team.

Putting aside the keep Orton option, which I'd agree the Chiefs should have done, what does ChiefsPlanet say Pioli should have done with the QB position? Clearly Sanchez is NOT an answer either, so Pioli made the right move in not spending a high 1st round pick on him. I'm also not aware of any Drew Brees to Miami level screw ups in terms of QB options that were ignored.

So what realistic move should Pioli have made, but didn't, at the QB position that pisses everybody off so much?

Heck, someone on here (GoChiefs) had a link on a post I saw explaining why Pioli should be fired, and the discussion of all the options he had other than Cassel were really pretty pathetic.

there were more options than picking up a back up that was a guy from who didn't play in college and pay 60M for it

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Good night all.

Since that hit, your entire franchise has stayed down, bitch.

No more Super Bowls for Belichick and his fraudulent ways.

KChiefer 10-09-2012 05:51 PM

He could of at least gotten Manning to visit KC.

He could have done what it takes to move up for RG3 or Tannehill.

He could have realized Wilson has more game as a rook than Cassel(foresight is his job unlike a fan's hindsight)

He could have created a functional enough tree to keep Weis here. Haley over-hyped and over-thought himself in coaching.

Cassel is a 7th round pick, and he IS NOT Brady or Warner. Many kickers are valued higher.

jd1020 10-09-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8996695)
That. Not drafting Dalton. Or Russel Wilson. Or even ****ing Osweiler.

Or hell, even giving Stanzi or Quinn a shot. It has been readily apparent for 2 years now that Cassel is detrimental to this team. You might as well find out what you have in your other investments (Quinn, Stanzi) and move on.

Overrated. Overrated. I was hoping Osweiler would have gotten a look but more in the 3rd round.

Dalton is Cassel, maybe just slightly better but not by much. He's not going to lead the Bengals anywhere.

Wilson is still living off of his preseason fame while being mediocre at best and terrible the rest of the time.

RG3 was out of reach for the Chiefs simply because their draft position was 11th.

Tannehill is the one QB you could say the Chiefs had a shot at.

HemiEd 10-09-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996557)
So you agree? The 27 TD, 7 INT guy should've been cut after his Pro Bowl season?

Wow. I admit I didn't watch the games, but I think that'd be a first in NFL history...

If you go back and read the posts, many of us were hoping he was gone. We were hoping he would be traded to McDaniels in Denver since he actually wanted him also.

Those stats were bullshit, and many of us knew it from watching the games. A real QB, with that schedule and Jamaal Charles would have rewritten record books.

DeezNutz 10-09-2012 05:54 PM

Nothing. Pioli is yet another innocent victim subjected to the savage, moronic fans in KC. Once there are some new fans, and Cassel is surrounded by fresh smelling sea sponges, we'll be able to evaluate these two miracles from NE.

DrunkBassGuitar 10-09-2012 05:55 PM

I wish I had a boss like Bill Belichick. I could be as incompetent and as terrible as I wanted, but he would find a way to make me look like King Shit of **** Mountain. I would be filthy rich without having to be talented or competent.

Crush 10-09-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8996747)
Nothing. Pioli is yet another innocent victim subjected to the savage, moronic fans in KC. Once there are some new fans, and Cassel is surrounded by fresh smelling sea sponges, we'll be able to evaluate these two miracles from NE.

Bill Simmons just masturbated to this post.

the Talking Can 10-09-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8996674)
Hey gang, so Atisone Kenneth Seiuli was clearly the wrong guy, but what should Eddie Murphy have done?

really, no one?

am i that old....LMAO

tk13 10-09-2012 05:56 PM

Trading for Cassel wasn't that bad. If he turns into a franchise guy you've made a good deal.

The real problem is not even attempting to have a plan B. Our plan B last year was Tyler Palko... to me that's just as bad as having Cassel as a starter. If your QB goes down, which he did... your backup didn't have the arm strength to throw a 20 yard out. Now maybe he fixed that problem this year... we're about to find out with Quinn on Sunday. But he's a huge question mark. He couldn't beat out Tebow... or even Orton.

That's pretty much been Pioli's problem across the board though. As much as people want to rip Belichick, and yeah Brady is the Patriot Way and all that... Belichick was still able to get decent performances out of backup players when starters got hurt. We haven't come close to approaching that level of depth and consistency here.

Raiderhater 10-09-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8996531)
If you had actually watched the games instead of looking at stats, you wouldn't be asking this question.

This. I bitched at MC all of 2010 when we were winning and he had his "pro-bowl season".

DeezNutz 10-09-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8996758)
Trading for Cassel wasn't that bad. If he turns into a franchise guy you've made a good deal.

The real problem is not even attempting to have a plan B. Our plan B last year was Tyler Palko... to me that's just as bad as having Cassel as a starter. If your QB goes down, which he did... your backup didn't have the arm strength to throw a 20 yard out. Now maybe he fixed that problem this year... we're about to find out with Quinn on Sunday. But he's a huge question mark. He couldn't beat out Tebow... or even Orton.

Pioli has always had a plan B. The problem is that this plan is to shelter Cassel at all costs. Plan A, of course, being that Cassel actually does something worth a shit to deserve his spots on the roster and depth chart.

DeezNutz 10-09-2012 06:00 PM

Pioli and Hoodie were equal in NE! Oops.

Everyone shits himself from time to time, Clark. The difference is that most people change clothes after the fact, while you're still smelling.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8996742)
Dalton is Cassel, maybe just slightly better but not by much. He's not going to lead the Bengals anywhere.

You're a tard.

When has Cassel ever done this?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1301735/ajgreen.gif

Dalton is completing 66 percent of his passes this year.

COME ON, MAN.

Sorter 10-09-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Overrated. Overrated. I was hoping Osweiler would have gotten a look but more in the 3rd round.

Wilson is still living off of his preseason fame while being mediocre at best and terrible the rest of the time.

RG3 was out of reach for the Chiefs simply because their draft position was 11th.

Tannehill is the one QB you could say the Chiefs had a shot at.

Dalton helped an under-achieving Bengals team with Cedric Benson as their RB make it to the playoffs as a rookie playing in the AFCN. STFU. Dalton isn't Tom Brady, but making the playoffs in a division that has the Ravens and Pitt making it as well means you're above adequate.

Wilson still looks better than Cassel as a 3rd round rookie who is a midget.

Deberg_1990 10-09-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996644)
Honestly don't think any power on earth could've gotten the Lions to trade the Stafford pick or the Rams the Bradford pick. Those teams finished last and their fans would've gone ape if they gave up a future QB stud no matter what the package.

Agreed on Orton. That was a pretty obvious mistake.

Some of Cassels problems have been HC, staff instability and turnover. (another Piioli issue since he's failed twice at HC) He's never been superb, but he's obviously regressed and lost confidence since 2010. Haley and Weis got the absolute best they could have gotten from him and hes fallen apart since Weis bolted. Because he lacks physical gifts, he has little margin for error. He absolutely cannot turn the ball over because he doesn't have the arm to recover.

philfree 10-09-2012 06:04 PM

There was no clear cut home run Pioli missed but that's not the point for Chiefs fans. The last thing Chiefs fans wanted was another teams backup or has been QB. Chiefs fans are starving for our own drafted franchise QB. We'd rather go down with one of "our own" then someone elses castoff. We thought that we wre in position to draft a QB with a new regime coming in and starting a rebuild from the ground up. Well that didn't happen and the rest is history. It's been ugly on this forum every since but this place is just the tip of the iceburg.

I would think a new GM would take a hard look at his fanbase before making any big decisions. Pioli should have known he was screwed with this fanbase if he brought in Cassel and didn't attempt to draft a franchise QB.

Dave Lane 10-09-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996549)
Cassel is a gigantic failure.

That's easy to say.

I think Pioli is on the edge of it, definitely. But I'm asking a simple question -- if his main sin is Cassel, then what realistic alternatives did he have? He correctly assessed, and rejected, Sanchez, which appears to have been the right move.

Its the failure to give up like Phil said. Anyone that has watched Cassel preform that has a modicum of football IQ can tell this is not a guy that is a starting QB. Even Shannon Sharpe said this guy can't play.

But Pioli has forced out one head coach and will probably cost another head coach his job because they had no chance at all. Being stuck with Cassel is like having a 7 high hand in poker and going all in. Its demonstrably stupid.

cdcox 10-09-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996549)
No, I'm not comparing Brees to Cassel. Cassel will NEVER be Brees. But that wasn't so clear after a very good 2010 season that Cassel had. Now that's clearly just a aberration.

But I'm pointing out how absurd it is to suggest cutting a guy who had 27 TDs and 7 INTs.

Cassel is a gigantic failure.

That's easy to say.

I think Pioli is on the edge of it, definitely. But I'm asking a simple question -- if his main sin is Cassel, then what realistic alternatives did he have? He correctly assessed, and rejected, Sanchez, which appears to have been the right move.

There were plenty of people who weren't high on Cassel when he came here and never bought into him in 2010. It's a lot about mechanics and understanding what makes a QB good. Cassel was going to have to be Brady-good or Montana-good between the ears to make his lack of physical talent work. Those guys got it right away. It was just a low probability bet, and he should know better.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 06:07 PM

Cincy is 3-2 with the 15th ranked ground game and 21st ranked defense.

But Dalton = Cassel.

http://i.imgur.com/kQHnc.gif

Rausch 10-09-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 8996780)

I would think a new GM would take a hard look at his fanbase before making any big decisions. Pioli should have known he was screwed with this fanbase if he brought in Cassel and didn't attempt to draft a franchise QB.

This.

Any hope things would be different was squashed when we once again traded for someone else's b/u and continued to strike and miss on highly drafted D lineman...

DJJasonp 10-09-2012 06:09 PM

a moment of honesty from Belichick?

“Some of the memories I have of Kevin, the one thing I’d say is the 2008 season is probably one that not many people realize what Kevin did for us that year. When Tom [Brady] got hurt in the opener against Kansas City, Matt Cassel came in as the quarterback but it wasn’t really Matt’s team. Ultimately Matt grew into the role of a great leader and quarterback that he was that season, but it didn’t really start that way. When Tom was out offensively, even as a team, we were kind of trying to find some leadership and some glue to hold the team together. That’s one of the many times – one of the many times – that we saw Kevin really come forward and be truly a leader of our football team in that season. He's the guy who kept the cohesion offensively, and ultimately Matt took over that role as a quarterback should. But Kevin was very instrumental in that.

Rausch 10-09-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

:facepalm:

KC Jones 10-09-2012 06:21 PM

The trade for Cassel? - not a problem, seemed like a great move at the time.

Signing Cassel to that ridiculous contract before he ever played a snap?

That right there was the problem. He went all in before seeing the ****ing flop with a shit hand he hadn't even looked at! It's the reason he let Orton leave, and huge part of the reason we never brought in any real competition at QB.

Besides, I'm look at the Chiefs roster and seeing that our stars and the core of the team all came from the Peterson/Edwards drafts. Pioli's drafts are looking pretty weak so far.

Then you look at the 2 coaches he's picked...

He's good at managing the cap and finding bargain role players, but he's clearly not the football guy he thinks he is.

jd1020 10-09-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996788)
Cincy is 3-2 with the 15th ranked ground game and 21st ranked defense.

But Dalton = Cassel.

http://i.imgur.com/kQHnc.gif

And he's still awful against good teams.

Sorter 10-09-2012 06:23 PM

The contract wasn't even a big problem for me. I would have gladly taken the cap hit if Pioli had admitted his mistake.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8996828)

He's 21 games into his NFL career. LMAO

jd1020 10-09-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996773)
You're a tard.

When has Cassel ever done this?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1301735/ajgreen.gif

Dalton is completing 66 percent of his passes this year.

COME ON, MAN.

Dalton has a better arm than Cassel, no doubt. He's still bad against good teams. He beat up Cleveland, Washington, and Jacksonville. Bring out the Lombardi!

Sorter 10-09-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8996828)

As a rookie, he lost 24-17 to Pitt, 24-31 at Balt, 20-19 against Houston, and 24-16 against Balt.

Cassel couldn't have as close of games against the ****ing Bills.

KC Jones 10-09-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8996830)
The contract wasn't even a big problem for me. I would have gladly taken the cap hit if Pioli had admitted his mistake.

... because of the contract he couldn't admit to the mistake. As long as he thought there was a chance Cassel could work out, he was going to stick with it.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 06:27 PM

Dalton is a young QB who is bad against good teams.

Cassel is an old QB who is bad against everyone.

jd1020, if you get a concussion, I will cheer.

jd1020 10-09-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996834)
He's 21 games into his NFL career. LMAO

And? Luck is 5 games into his.

Dalton is a game manager who is slightly better than Cassel.

Sorter 10-09-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8996836)
Cassel couldn't have as close of games against the ****ing Bills.

2 years in a row, I might add.

Listen, I'm not saying that Dalton is Tom Brady. He is clearly, without a doubt an upgrade from Cassel and a better QB not even 2 full years in the NFL. If you don't agree that is fine but your opinion probably won't be valued here (which probably means little to nothing).

Sorter 10-09-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Jones (Post 8996838)
... because of the contract he couldn't admit to the mistake. As long as he thought there was a chance Cassel could work out, he was going to stick with it.

Eh. There are plenty who would have realized their mistake and ate the cap hit.

Honestly, it wasn't even as bad a hit as T-jack has been IIRC.

Sorter 10-09-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8996840)

WTF does Luck have anything to do with this convo?

suds79 10-09-2012 06:30 PM

"So Cassel is clearly the wrong guy, but what should Pioli have done?"

Try. Simple as that.

The crime is not picking the right guy. It's the unwillingness to take a chance to find out.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

A game mananger who:

Leads the NFL in completions over 40 yards.

Is 12th in passing yards.

Is third in yards per attempt.

Is 7th in TD percentage.

You're a tard.

jd1020 10-09-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8996843)
WTF does Luck have anything to do with this convo?

He's a rookie that's already putting his team onto his shoulders?

Sorter 10-09-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8996847)
He's a rookie that's already putting his team onto his shoulders?

Kinda like Dalton did last year with a team as equally bad (worse IMO as Cincy still doesn't have anyone who rushes the passer as well as Freeney/Mathis and I'm a huge Carlos Dunlap enthusiast)

BigMeatballDave 10-09-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

You are an idiot if you truly believe that.

Sorter 10-09-2012 06:34 PM

Additionally, Dalton played/plays in a much tougher division than Luck will ever play in during his lifetime, IMO.

whoman69 10-09-2012 06:34 PM

Pioli had plenty of options going into the season and let each one pass by. First off he said that there would be competition brought in and it was Brady Quinn, he of the career 3-9 record and 53% completions. He had the option to go after Manning and made a money offer before trying to sell him on the personnel here. He had the option to sign Flynn and never really considered that. Not sure it was a real option given that Flynn is probably a system QB. He had the option to keep Orton as competition and let that slide. He had options in the draft that he let pass by to get a project T/G tweener. I don't fault him for not going after RG3 as the price was much too high. Don't really fault him for not going after an unproved Tannehill.

The Bad Guy 10-09-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8996529)
I appreciate the Chiefs swinging for Cassel, even if they missed.

I would have been okay if the Chiefs kept swinging but kept missing.

It is unacceptable to be oblivious for 4 years that you missed on Cassel, and not even TRY to take a swing at a guy you believe could compete for a starting job.

They didn't swing for Cassel. Pioli bunted and then instead of evaluating for the franchise year, he decided to extend a guy who had little to no track record.

That's ****ing blind bullshit. That's not swinging.

jd1020 10-09-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8996849)
Kinda like Dalton did last year with a team as equally bad (worse IMO as Cincy still doesn't have anyone who rushes the passer as well as Freeney/Mathis and I'm a huge Carlos Dunlap enthusiast)

ROFL

Cincinnati was bad? They had one of the best D's in the league, idiot. Their D made those games against Pitt, Baltimore, and Texans close.

Sorter 10-09-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8996857)
ROFL

Cincinnati was bad? They had one of the best D's in the league, idiot. Their D made those games against Pitt, Baltimore, and Texans close.

So it was their D that put up 17, 24, 19, and 16 points against 3 playoff teams that have elite Ds?

Additionally, the first part of your statement is way off base. I'm a Mike Zimmer supporter. You'd know that if you read any of the HC threads for next year.

jd1020 10-09-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8996870)
So it was their D that put up 17, 24, 19, and 16 points against 3 playoff teams that have elite Ds?

Additionally, the first part of your statement is way off base. I'm a Mike Zimmer supporter. You'd know that if you read any of the HC threads for next year.

No, moron. It was their D that kept the other team from scoring 50 points. If you actually watched any Bengals games last year you would have seen how Dalton was doing everything possible to make it a blowout for the other team.

el borracho 10-09-2012 06:47 PM

Chiefs should have drafted Ryan Mallet.

Sorter 10-09-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8996882)
No, moron. It was their D that kept the other team from scoring 50 points. If you actually watched any Bengals games last year you would have seen how Dalton was doing everything possible to make it a blowout for the other team.

http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2012/07/jlaw-okay.gif

You're right.

Cincy's D carried that team like the Ravens did with Dilfer, that is how bad a rookie who wet to the playoffs in a division featuring the Ravens and Steelers was.

JFC. You realize Matt Cassel would be lucky to win a single division game playing for the Bengals.

You know that right?

jd1020 10-09-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8996894)
You're right.

Cincy's D carried that team like the Ravens did with Dilfer, that is how bad a rookie who wet to the playoffs in a division featuring the Ravens and Steelers was.

JFC. You realize Matt Cassel would be lucky to win a single division game playing for the Bengals.

You know that right?

Yup. Cinci's D and their soft as schedule. Same shit as in 2010 with the Chiefs. Cassel could have beaten the Browns, kinda like Dalton.

Sorter 10-09-2012 06:55 PM

JD, I agree with a lot of your posts and think this is just something we'll ever agree on. You think Dalton equals Cassel and that is fine. I thought that Flacco=Cassel until the AFCC game last year. We're entitled to our own opinions and because I think you're not a troll and I enjoy our own perspectives, I value your input.

I think we both agree that Cincy's D last year was good and had a good part in Cincy's success. For me, I don't think you can stick Cassel on that team and get the same results. Just my own opinion I suppose.

jd1020 10-09-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8996906)
JD, I agree with a lot of your posts and think this is just something we'll ever agree on. You think Dalton equals Cassel and that is fine. I thought that Flacco=Cassel until the AFCC game last year. We're entitled to our own opinions and because I think you're not a troll and I enjoy our own perspectives, I value your input.

I think we both agree that Cincy's D last year was good and had a good part in Cincy's success. For me, I don't think you can stick Cassel on that team and get the same results. Just my own opinion I suppose.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

I said Dalton is a game manager, like Cassel, just slightly better.

He, much like Cassel, is not going to be a QB to beat guys like Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, etc...

Chiefs would be a better team with Dalton but we'd still likely be a 1 and done team in the playoffs like Cincinnati was last year. The Chiefs have the better overall talent on offense but AJ Green is looking awfully good. Not sure I would take Bowe over him.

Bump 10-09-2012 06:57 PM

Pioli should have done something! There are tons of things he could have done and he didn't do a single one of them.

Sorter 10-09-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8996910)
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

I said Dalton is a game manager, like Cassel, just slightly better.

He, much like Cassel, is not going to be a QB to beat guys like Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, etc...

Ouch about the reading comp. :(

Additionally, I think that Dalton isn't going to win shoot-outs with the QBs you listed now. I think that he has displayed the acumen to do that in the future. You obviously don't and that is fine.

The Bad Guy 10-09-2012 07:02 PM

If you have watched football and think that Dalton equals Cassel then you clearly don't understand what the **** you are watching.

Sorter 10-09-2012 07:07 PM

I really think it is telling though, JD the # of people who have jumped to you aid in this thread.

Oh wait. That is nobody. Literally, nobody agrees with you on this subject.

jd1020 10-09-2012 07:08 PM

I don't need to feel a fuzzy pillow of other posters agreement.

Dalton is 1-8 against .500+ teams.

Brock 10-09-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8996956)

Dalton is a second year player. It's a bit early to put a label on him.

DeezNutz 10-09-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8996956)

There are a shit ton of posters on this board who defined Flacco after a couple of years, too.

Simple fact is, we don't know what Dalton is at this point. Similarly, if the Chiefs ever grow a testicle and draft a QB early, we won't know what we have in him within three years, either.