ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU KSU vs Alabama for Natl Champion - Who wins? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265468)

LVNHACK 10-21-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9035451)
Hardly. K-State has no shot.

And I explained my hate for K-State. It's the fans and how stupid they are. Like this dipshit here. K-State is some god damn powerhouse according to him, and they haven't won shit.

Spot the **** on !!!!!!

Lzen 10-21-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9035156)
In the end, EMAW will always win.

In the end, EMAW is about the dumbest sports phrase ever.

Rasputin 10-21-2012 01:15 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U039-PWcE18?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bandwagonjumper 10-21-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9035422)
Most teams will be lucky to still be in it for a half against Bama this year..

More then likely it will be Oregon they face, if Oregon loses a game and Florida plays them close then Florida gets the next shot, it will be then KState if they win out after that..

All this talk about Alabama reminds me of USC a few years ago. All the talk then was about how great USC was and nobody could beat them. Then there lost against Texas maybe but didn't definetly not win the championship. Its a one off game and anything can happen plus I believe there will lose to LSU. Its a home game and if I were a betting man I would bet a lot money on LSU.

Reaper16 10-21-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandwagonjumper (Post 9035573)
All this talk about Alabama reminds me of USC a few years ago. All the talk then was about how great USC was and nobody could beat them. Then there lost against Texas maybe but didn't definetly not win the championship. Its a one off game and anything can happen plus I believe there will lose to LSU. Its a home game and if I were a betting man I would bet a lot money on LSU.

LSU could certainly win. But only if Bama misses field goals. I don't understand how the **** LSU is supposed to score on Bama; LSU's offense is, somehow, even worse this season than last season.

Lzen 10-21-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9035451)
Hardly. K-State has no shot.

And I explained my hate for K-State. It's the fans and how stupid they are. Like this dipshit here. K-State is some god damn powerhouse according to him, and they haven't won shit.

Look, I'm no KSU fan but even I think your argument is stupid. Just because a team hasn't won before doesn't mean they won't. There was a first time for every national champ in history.

Titty Meat 10-21-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9035550)
I love K-State fans because of their sense of humor. I wish them nothing but success, especially now that Missouri isn't in the Big 12 now. Bill Snyder is one of the best football coaches of all time.

That said, K-State would lose to Alabama by 17 points. I agree with rageemur; Bama wins 8+ times out of 10.

Yup and as great as Snyder is Saban is a better coach. The guy is approaching Osborne greatness and will probably pass him in a few years.

Lzen 10-21-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9035225)
...Snyder wins with good coaching but he loses against superior talent because K-State doesn't have it. They don't have it this year either...

You're right about this except for the fact that they beat OU at Norman this year. And OU does have superior talent.

notorious 10-21-2012 01:30 PM

Saban is not a better coach than Snyder. Saban is a much better recruiter, but to say he is a better coach is laughable.

I want to see Saban coach 2 and 3 star kids to a conference championship. LMAO

Titty Meat 10-21-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9035623)
Saban is not a better coach than Snyder. Saban is a much better recruiter, but to say he is a better coach is laughable.

I want to see Saban coach 2 and 3 star kids to a conference championship. LMAO

He took a 3 win LSU team and had them in a BCS game in 2 years and took an Alabama program that was 2-6 in the SEC and in shambles to a BCS game in 2 years. Recruiting is part of being a coach. Saban is a better coach.

Pitt Gorilla 10-21-2012 01:37 PM

LOL at people voting for KSU. I like their team and love their coach, but Good Lord.

Saulbadguy 10-21-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9035571)

It's not a phrase, "rock chalk"er

BigMeatballDave 10-21-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9035634)
He took a 3 win LSU team and had them in a BCS game in 2 years and took an Alabama program that was 2-6 in the SEC and in shambles to a BCS game in 2 years. Recruiting is part of being a coach. Saban is a better coach.

Considering it is a TON easier for LSU to get better talent than KSU, I'm going with Snyder on being a better coach.

Reaper16 10-21-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

To be honest, Alabama was not in shambles. They were in shambles after Mike Price and the sanctions that happened around 2003. Mike Shula, while not a good coach, was a pretty good recruiter. He stabilized the program and made Alabama a place where Saban could elevate to the level he has.

Saulbadguy 10-21-2012 01:40 PM

If this game happens, I guarantee the entire state of Alabama is getting the shit trolled out of them.

notorious 10-21-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Whatever.

KSU was the WORST PROGRAM IN NCAA HISTORY, and if Snyder's dumbass QB holds on to the ball just once they go on and pound FSU in the National Championship game with two and three star recruits.

Top that.

Reaper16 10-21-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9035655)
If this game happens, I guarantee the entire state of Alabama is getting the shit trolled out of them.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...NrCEAAk8yx.png

notorious 10-21-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9035659)

LMAO

I hope that doesn't happen. The only way to beat Bama is to sneak up on them and have a lot of things bounce the right way.

Titty Meat 10-21-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9035657)
Whatever.

KSU was the WORST PROGRAM IN NCAA HISTORY, and if Snyder's dumbass QB holds on to the ball just once they go on and pound FSU in the National Championship game with two and three star recruits.

Top that.

I'm not denying that Bill Snyder is a very good coach perhaps even one of the best but theres 5 or 6 guys I would put ahead of him all time.

WilliamTheIrish 10-21-2012 01:44 PM

Saul's right. It's all about the EMAW.

"Fancy offense". LMAO

notorious 10-21-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9035662)
I'm not denying that Bill Snyder is a very good coach perhaps even one of the best but theres 5 or 6 guys I would put ahead of him all time.

Tom Osborne is the only guy I would put above him.

WilliamTheIrish 10-21-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Yea, I imagine that would cause another 8,000 new goemaw members.

Reaper16 10-21-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9035666)

Not Bear Bryant? Why you always disrespecting the Tide, Paaawwwwwllllllll?

WilliamTheIrish 10-21-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9035571)

Venom. Hate.

Titty Meat 10-21-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9035666)

I'd put Woody Hayes, Bobby Bowden, Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, Urban Meyer ahead of him.

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9035613)
Yup and as great as Snyder is Saban is a better coach. The guy is approaching Osborne greatness and will probably pass him in a few years.

LMAO And people think us Cat homers are bad.

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

I can't wait to watch that one unfold. What kind of aggy is 'bama anyway?

Saulbadguy 10-21-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9035680)

Not sure. "Noose aggy" is already taken.

keg in kc 10-21-2012 01:52 PM

Alabama, and it's not even close.

NewChief 10-21-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9035678)
LMAO And people think us Cat homers are bad.

No one has a more inflated sense of their own place in college football than Husker fans. Seriously.

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9035687)
Not sure. "Noose aggy" is already taken.

Cross burning aggy? We have an elephant for a mascot for no GD reason aggy?

Reaper16 10-21-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9035680)

If any school could be frat aggy it'd be Alabama, Ole Miss, or Vanderbilt.

LiveSteam 10-21-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9035693)
No one has a more inflated sense of their own place in college football than Husker fans. Seriously.

LMAOLMAO

Putting together the best five-year run in collegiate football history with an amazing 60-3 record will do that to you.

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

That ain't no lie.

Titty Meat 10-21-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

What are you spouting off about? Is Tom Osborne not one of the greatest coaches? 3 titles 5 national championship appearances coaches for 24 years and never won less than 9 games in a season. How awful to compare other coaches to him LMAO

BTW if ANYONE should not talk shit another fan base it should be an Arkansas fan. Pig ****er.

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9035701)
If any school could be frat aggy it'd be Alabama, Ole Miss, or Vanderbilt.

Eh, that's boring though.

Reaper16 10-21-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9035718)
Eh, that's boring though.

But, like corn aggy or pig aggy, it's incredibly accurate. The biggest controversy on Alabama's campus right now is the Greek community fighting for their right to haze pledges.

Saulbadguy 10-21-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9035707)
What are you spouting off about? Is Tom Osborne not one of the greatest coaches? 3 titles 5 national championship appearances coaches for 24 years and never won less than 9 games in a season. How awful to compare other coaches to him LMAO

BTW if ANYONE should not talk shit another fan base it should be an Arkansas fan. Pig ****er.

Partial qualifiers and steroids.

WilliamTheIrish 10-21-2012 01:59 PM

Hey, hey! This isn't about pig Aggie or the JR. BIG members. Get back on track. All EMAW all the time.

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9035724)
But, like corn aggy or pig aggy, it's incredibly accurate. The biggest controversy on Alabama's campus right now is the Greek community fighting for their right to haze pledges.

OK then, is cotton aggy available?

notorious 10-21-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

They raped and pillaged for a long time. Some of that is understandable.

They will never get back to those days again, though.

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 02:03 PM

How about Forrest Gump aggy, or just Gump aggy for short?

Reaper16 10-21-2012 02:03 PM

dad fashion aggy
croakies aggy
tempo shorts aggy
penis envy for their own father's aggy

Reaper16 10-21-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9035754)
How about Forrest Gump aggy, or just Gump aggy for short?

Gump aggy works perfectly. The SEC has a term for the zillions of redneck Alabama fans that never attended the school. That term is "Gump."

NewChief 10-21-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9035724)

The frat thing has just freaking blown up in the last few years all over the South. It's bizarre.

Guy Harvey shirts, Sperry's, croakies, etc... there's this whole new Garden and Gun southern pride fratboy thing that's gotten huge. It's infiltrated our high school as well, with certain cliques and styles of dress being designated as "frat." We even had a "frat" day for Spirit Week, where the kids all dress like frat boys.

Reaper16 10-21-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9035772)
The frat thing has just freaking blown up in the last few years all over the South. It's bizarre.

Guy Harvey shirts, Sperry's, croakies, etc... there's this whole new Garden and Gun southern pride fratboy thing that's gotten huge. It's infiltrated our high school as well, with certain cliques and styles of dress being designated as "frat." We even had a "frat" day for Spirit Week, where the kids all dress like frat boys.

Alabama has a new president. He's flexing some muscle by shutting down pledgeship this year in response to an influx of hazing complaints (what did UA expect when they began to push out-of-state student recruitment so much?). The Machine, UA's Greek political rule system (significant enough to have its own Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Machine), is going to try and ruin him.

Titty Meat 10-21-2012 02:12 PM

NewChief ran away from my rebuttal. Why?

NewChief 10-21-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9035784)
NewChief ran away from my rebuttal. Why?

Rebuttal? My statement stands: Nebraska fans have an inflated sense of their importance on the college landscape. People chimed in and said, "Truth" because it's true. You said some nonsense about the UofA that wasn't even in question as well as trotting out some tired shit about Nebraska glory days long gone by.

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9035473)
Fear. And maybe penis envy.

Of K-State? A team that's never won a god damn thing?

As I noted, when I got to Kansas in 98 I thought I had somehow missed college football the past 10 years. K-State fans talked about what a juggernaut/powerhouse their team was. HADN'T WON SHIT!

The K-State fans are still doing this. It's going on this season.

This K-State team, which lost last year to Arkansas, would "put up a good game for Bama" or even possibly beat them?

**** and no.

I mean seriously, it's the only god damn team in college football so fruity that they would release a DVD called "decade of dominance" with ZERO national championship titles.

K-State fans are a different breed of idiot all together.

NewChief 10-21-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9035781)
Alabama has a new president. He's flexing some muscle by shutting down pledgeship this year in response to an influx of hazing complaints (what did UA expect when they began to push out-of-state student recruitment so much?). The Machine, UA's Greek political rule system (significant enough to have its own Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Machine), is going to try and ruin him.

Crazy. On one hand I like it, because many of my students have an increased interest in all things southern, including southern literature and food as a result (and good god, the number of t-shirt/clothing companies with "southern" in the moniker: southern trend, southern marsh, southern tradition, southern tide, etc..). On the other hand, many of the aspects of southern living that they value are ones I find distasteful at best.

Titty Meat 10-21-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9035796)
Rebuttal? My statement stands: Nebraska fans have an inflated sense of their importance on the college landscape. People chimed in and said, "Truth" because it's true. You said some nonsense about the UofA that wasn't even in question as well as trotting out some tired shit about Nebraska glory days long gone by.

Your Arkansas education is showing. I simply asked what's wrong with using Osborne as a metric of great coaching?

NewChief 10-21-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9035814)
Your Arkansas education is showing. I simply asked what's wrong with using Osborne as a metric of great coaching?

I never stated there was anything wrong with it. I said that Husker fans think they're more important than they are. You thinking that you deserve a lengthy dialog over something that's fairly obvious being a good case in point.

Good day.

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9035808)
Of K-State? A team that's never won a god damn thing?

As I noted, when I got to Kansas in 98 I thought I had somehow missed college football the past 10 years. K-State fans talked about what a juggernaut/powerhouse their team was. HADN'T WON SHIT!

The K-State fans are still doing this. It's going on this season.

This K-State team, which lost last year to Arkansas, would "put up a good game for Bama" or even possibly beat them?

**** and no.

I mean seriously, it's the only god damn team in college football so fruity that they would release a DVD called "decade of dominance" with ZERO national championship titles.

K-State fans are a different breed of idiot all together.

Yep, obvious penis envy.

Old Dog 10-21-2012 02:30 PM

Note to self: Never go full TheGuardian

Alabama would very likely win, but to proclaim there's no chance KSU gets there passed ignorant about three stops back.

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9035864)
Yep, obvious penis envy.

I'm from Louisiana. An LSU fan. Yes, I'm terribly jealous of all of those NC's that K-State has claimed.

Oh shit wait a minute........

Quote:

Note to self: Never go full TheGuardian

Alabama would very likely win, but to proclaim there's no chance KSU gets there passed ignorant about three stops back.
Not really. Snyder never got there before, has kind of been the Marty of college football.

They certainly could get there, but K-State would get slaughtered by the three SEC teams I mentioned. More than likely it's going to be Oregon and Bama.

Decade of dominance.........you can't make that shit up.

Sorter 10-21-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9034917)
Florida, LSU right now would walk all over K-State like it was a scrimmage.

No way. No K-State fan, but if Texas A&M can play them close with a worse QB, there is no reason to think K-State would get outclassed.

mikey23545 10-21-2012 02:41 PM

Some of you guys have been living in Hooterville way too long.

mr. tegu 10-21-2012 02:47 PM

Alabama is good. LSU sucks. Guardian is an LSU fan. It has become clear now that he is jealous of K-State THIS season because LSU stands ZERO chance at getting to the title game so he wants to put down a fan base whose team is right in the thick if it.

Edit-also explains why he keeps putting LSU in the same sentence as Bama and Florida when it's obvious LSU is way behind those two.

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9035906)
No way. No K-State fan, but if Texas A&M can play them close with a worse QB, there is no reason to think K-State would get outclassed.

someone is gonna play bama close this year too, that isn't supposed to. I'm talking about law of averages. K-State doesn't field the same level of talent that those SEC teams do. Never have, never will.

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9035946)
Alabama is good. LSU sucks. Guardian is an LSU fan. It has become clear now that he is jealous of K-State THIS season because LSU stands ZERO chance at getting to the title game so he wants to put down a fan base whose team is right in the thick if it.

Edit-also explains why he keeps putting LSU in the same sentence as Bama and Florida when it's obvious LSU is way behind those two.

Right. Lost 14-6 to Florida in the swamp. #3 defense in the country. Terrible.

Again, when K-State wins shit LET ME KNOW. Until then, get your shine box and shut the **** up.

As far as LSU not being in the thick of things.......uhhhh there's a lot of football to be played. A LOT. LSU is in the thick of this just as much as anyone. If they beat Bama in 2 weeks, then what?

HolyHandgernade 10-21-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9034955)
I know.

The talent level from the SEC teams like LSU, Florida, Bama are so far above and beyond what K-State currently puts on the field that it's not really comparable.

Almost every year some big-12 team comes out with a big high powered offense that everyone says will give the SEC trouble..........and then gets it's ass handed to them. SEC defensive speed >>>>>> anything in the big-12. Not to mention better coaching. There is a reason why right now, that the SEC has won 6 BCS titles in a row, and someone remind me again of the big-12's record in the BCS champ game?

K-STate has ZERO shot. None. Nada. A smoke and mirrors team that plays fancy football that will get its shit pushed in if they happen to make it to the title game.

I agree 'Bama is going to win, but this isn't the reason why. I wonder if both coaches would perform the same if Saban had Snyder's level of talent and Snyder got Saban's. Snyder is amazing in the coaching realm.

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9035961)
I agree 'Bama is going to win, but this isn't the reason why. I wonder if both coaches would perform the same if Saban had Snyder's level of talent and Snyder got Saban's. Snyder is amazing in the coaching realm.

Someone else already touched on this. Saban > Snyder.

HolyHandgernade 10-21-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9035963)
Someone else already touched on this. Saban > Snyder.

I don't really care, I didn't want to read through the entire thread. They're both great coaches, no matter who one wants to give "the edge" to. Therefore, for all the reasons 'Bama would win, superior coaching isn't going to be the item that tips the scales.

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9035970)
I don't really care, I didn't want to read through the entire thread. They're both great coaches, no matter who one wants to give "the edge" to. Therefore, for all the reasons 'Bama would win, superior coaching isn't going to be the item that tips the scales.

Winning championships matter. It's like saying that Marty was just as good a coach as Lombardi or Belichick. Championships are very big separators from "good" and "great".

Snyder is a very good coach. He's got zero championships to his name.

notorious 10-21-2012 03:00 PM

This thread had AIDS before it was even conceived.

HolyHandgernade 10-21-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9035976)
Winning championships matter. It's like saying that Marty was just as good a coach as Lombardi or Belichick. Championships are very big separators from "good" and "great".

Snyder is a very good coach. He's got zero championships to his name.

Yeah, and he coaches in Manhattan, KS. The fact the KSU program is even being discussed is a minor miracle in itself. Its an amazing cop out. KSU doesn't have a fraction of the built-in advantages Alabama does, and you have to pull out the championship card. There's a difference between judging the coaching acumen between two coaches and then factoring in the plusses and minuses of where they coached. Snyder is already a "great" coach, and I doubt you would find a credible analyst who would say anything different.

Sorter 10-21-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9035949)
someone is gonna play bama close this year too, that isn't supposed to. I'm talking about law of averages. K-State doesn't field the same level of talent that those SEC teams do. Never have, never will.

Do you really think that Texas A&M is better than K-State?

Texas A&M nearly beat both LSU and Florida this year.
To me, that signifies that K-State would in all likelihood be competitive with both of those teams, regardless of "talent level". If talent was everything, the Raiders would be monsters.

You said that LSU and Florida would spank K-State. K-State is better than Texas A&M. Texas A&M played both teams close, so it isn't just a fluke thing. Your argument is dumb.

KevB 10-21-2012 03:03 PM

Love reading Guardian in all these threads. Good grief, take a step back and take a breath dude. I'm a KSU fan, loving my team and confident in their chances to compete with and beat any team in the country. Will they? Who knows? But why wouldn't a fan base tout their own team? What do you expect? Doesn't every program having a successful season act the same way?

I realize you're not going to rationally read and respond to any post at the point, so by all means continue to pound out the exact same rants from now to the end of the season. Oh, and pick a team. I see how you've chosen to pick a conference to root for against KSU, instead of just focusing on your team. Well played.

HolyHandgernade 10-21-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9035991)

I agree, and I'm no fan of KSU, but listing "coaching" in the manner he did, as if it were almost dismissive (not to mention the coaching), is ignorant and it detracts from all the valid points he made. Instead of just saying, "I may have over stepped on that point", he now has to defend it as though the overall point he made was now in question. It just looks obstinate now.

Reaper16 10-21-2012 03:13 PM

Snyder is a better coach than Saban.

WilliamTheIrish 10-21-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9035961)

This has always been a ridiculous talking point. Especially from the reeruned aspect of our EMAW brethren.

Coaching IS recruiting. Mack Brown gets a ridiculous amount of criticism because he recruits well and doesn't win the Big XII every year. Same with Rick Barnes. They are both great coaches. And the argument that coach x could do so much more with others talent, discounts the aspect recruiting plays in making a great coach.

Saban is great because he gets a ton of talent on campus and closes the deal. Snyder doesn't recruit well, nor do his staff. But there is still a TON of talent at key positions. The best talent has come through transfers. Plus, EMAW has a real leader at the most important position.
Several weeks ago one of the phogtards said the talent level between KU and KSU was virtually the same. That the entire difference was coaching. Needless to say, that person just regugitates a talking point that has been repeated so often, it's taken as gospel.

Can the EMAW make it through to the MNC? Sure. But we are also just good enough to lose anywhere along the way. I'm here for the ride.

To the 'ship!

BigMeatballDave 10-21-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9034955)

The talent level from the SEC teams like LSU, Florida, Bama are so far above and beyond what K-State currently puts on the field that it's not really comparable.

Exactly. And it PROVES Snyder is the better coach.

baitism 10-21-2012 03:22 PM

Think Hawaii vs. Georgia a few years ago. K-State's offense doesn't work when they can't get offensive line push, and they wouldn't. Klein would also get the snot beat out of him trying to run.

KevB 10-21-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 9036065)
Think Hawaii vs. Georgia a few years ago. K-State's offense doesn't work when they can't get offensive line push, and they wouldn't. Klein would also get the snot beat out of him trying to run.

Now KState is Hawaii? Good grief.

BigMeatballDave 10-21-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9036046)

Snyder doesn't recruit well, nor do his staff.

I think they can only do so much.

I mean, who would choose Manhattan over Austin?

Saulbadguy 10-21-2012 03:26 PM

K-State has a surprising amount of talent this year, more than usual.

Tough to comprehend, I know.

HolyHandgernade 10-21-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9036046)
This has always been a ridiculous talking point. Especially from the reeruned aspect of our EMAW brethren.

Coaching IS recruiting. Mack Brown gets a ridiculous amount of criticism because he recruits well and doesn't win the Big XII every year. Same with Rick Barnes. They are both great coaches. And the argument that coach x could do so much more with others talent, discounts the aspect recruiting plays in making a great coach.

Saban is great because he gets a ton of talent on campus and closes the deal. Snyder doesn't recruit well, nor do his staff. But there is still a TON of talent at key positions. The best talent has come through transfers. Plus, EMAW has a real leader at the most important position.
Several weeks ago one of the phogtards said the talent level between KU and KSU was virtually the same. That the entire difference was coaching. Needless to say, that person just regugitates a talking point that has been repeated so often, it's taken as gospel.

Can the EMAW make it through to the MNC? Sure. But we are also just good enough to lose anywhere along the way. I'm here for the ride.

To the 'ship!

I agree recruiting is an important part of a coach's job, but that doesn't happen during the hypothetical game. Not unless one is drawing extended points of connection. Snyder might get "out-athleted" in such a game, but I doubt he's getting "out coached".

On top of that, there isn't a "level playing field" in recruiting. Some schools have built in advantages other schools won't, most prominently, location. A school also can't "invent" a tradition/history. That's why certain schools will always be at the top of the pecking order, and others are flash in the pans. State population and the number of Division1 athletes (also regionally), is another huge factor.

So, the simple fact Saban recruits better than Snyder isn't all from a level opportunity in the recruiting game. Snyder and KSU are fighting an uphill battle there. That's not to say Saban doesn't have to work hard to maintain that level, he absolutely does, and should be commended for it.

LoneWolf 10-21-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9035878)
I'm from Louisiana. An LSU fan. Yes, I'm terribly jealous of all of those NC's that K-State has claimed.

Oh shit wait a minute........

Not really. Snyder never got there before, has kind of been the Marty of college football.

They certainly could get there, but K-State would get slaughtered by the three SEC teams I mentioned. More than likely it's going to be Oregon and Bama.

Decade of dominance.........you can't make that shit up.

Wouldn't Les Miles then be the George Siefert of college football? He took Saban's last two recruiting classes to his only National Championship and is pretty much known as a stupid mother****er by everyone that isn't an LSU fan.

Reerun_KC 10-21-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9035991)

Someone carried this thread out of an aids forest in a bucket.

mnchiefsguy 10-21-2012 04:11 PM

I picked Bama simply because they are on a whole plain in college football right now. Not sure anyone is even close.

I do think K-State would give them a helluva run though, and it would a good, watchable matchup....Bama would win, but they would have to show up and play sharp.

Alabama wins this game probably 8 times out of 10.