ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Spider Man 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266112)

ThaVirus 12-05-2013 10:26 AM

I'm on my phone so I can't embed but here's the new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...e_gdata_player

I think that's right anyway. My friend sent me the link through text so I removed the "m." And replaced it with "www". If someone on a computer could embed it I'd appreciate it.

....... But hooooollllyy balls! Those action sequences look fresh as ****! Catching flying cars? Boss! Dodging point blank machine gun fire? ****ing boss!

I'm a but hesitant about having three villains in this one but the story behind his father and Oscorp seems intriguing. I am officially excited about this movie.

ThaVirus 12-05-2013 10:27 AM

Spider-Man is a beast.

ThaVirus 12-05-2013 10:27 AM

I have a Spider-boner.

Halfcan 12-05-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10248544)
So don't watch it.

I won't :harumph:

Tribal Warfare 12-05-2013 10:51 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QC5jDtpG78c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-King- 12-05-2013 11:13 AM

Meh. Still say the first two Tobey Maguire Spider Man's are way better than this reboot.

Mecca 12-05-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10248230)
Pretty burned out on all the comic book movies-prob pass on this and all the rest. It is like watching the same movie over and over.

This is like saying "man I really hate action movies". I find them entertaining that's more than I can say for a lot of the other crap that gets released these days.

Halfcan 12-05-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 10249957)
This is like saying "man I really hate action movies". I find them entertaining that's more than I can say for a lot of the other crap that gets released these days.

3 spidermans then reboot and make the same movies again? Pass. I saw Thor 1 so really didnt' need to see Thor 2 or 3,4,5,6,7,8,9.

Too many original movies to see to waste time on copycats. I will prob get it FREE at the library because my son is still into it.

The Franchise 12-05-2013 11:44 AM

This looks pretty good. I won't be seeing it in the theaters or anything....but I'll rent it when it gets released on DVD.

WhiteWhale 12-05-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10249875)
Meh. Still say the first two Tobey Maguire Spider Man's are way better than this reboot.

Raimi's spider-man movies.

Tobey ****ing sucks. His casting was the worst thing about Raimi's films. He was a nobody before them, and he's a nobody after.

Deberg_1990 12-05-2013 12:02 PM

Looks cool. I'm down. I went on record last time as having enjoyed the reboot. I thought it was gonna be garbage.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca 12-05-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10249982)
3 spidermans then reboot and make the same movies again? Pass. I saw Thor 1 so really didnt' need to see Thor 2 or 3,4,5,6,7,8,9.

Too many original movies to see to waste time on copycats. I will prob get it FREE at the library because my son is still into it.

You do realize by this distinction basically every action movie that gets released is the same thing, mystery, horror just all the same with slight tweaks.

Thor 1 and 2 really aren't anything alike other than the main characters. Does this mean you don't watch any TV shows because I can't imagine having to sit through 100 plus episodes of the same thing since well it's the same characters.

ThaVirus 12-05-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

If you've already seen Batman Forever then no need to watch The Dark Knight and miss out on a great ****ing flick!

Gravedigger 12-05-2013 01:28 PM

I think it looks great, I'd bet that Rhino is only in it for two scenes, the one at the beginning and the last scene where you see him go to hit him with a sewer plate cover. At the beginning he is just a guy but he gets the suit to challenge Spidey by the end of the movie.

Anyong Bluth 12-05-2013 01:44 PM

Count me in as definitely liking this trailer and excited to see this.

keg in kc 12-05-2013 02:23 PM

Never did see the first one. This trailer almost looks more like a video game cutscene than a movie trailer.

Aries Walker 12-05-2013 04:58 PM

I'll watch it, but I'm expecting it to be on the level of X-Men 3, at best.

-King- 12-05-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10250016)
Raimi's spider-man movies.

Tobey ****ing sucks. His casting was the worst thing about Raimi's films. He was a nobody before them, and he's a nobody after.

As opposed to the guy that's spiderman in this movie? He's a much worse actor than Tobey. And he wasn't anything before this reboot, and he'll likely be nobody after.

-King- 12-05-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10250018)
Looks cool. I'm down. I went on record last time as having enjoyed the reboot. I thought it was gonna be garbage.
Posted via Mobile Device

I turned it off halfway...twice.

007 12-05-2013 11:19 PM

three villains? JFC :facepalm:

bowener 12-05-2013 11:24 PM

There are three villains, but it appears they are all from OSCORP, which means Spiderman will just have to do something stupid like blowup a computer at OSCORP or smash the Goblins glider or something.

ThaVirus 12-05-2013 11:29 PM

Pause the trailer at 1:17. Looks like Oscorp has Doc Ock's tentacles and Vulture's wings on display.

Rhino is a mech suit and the Goblin (is it Green or Hob?) has a glider so maybe they all came from Oscorp? I wonder what angle they're going to take with that storyline.

Anyong Bluth 12-05-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10250737)
I'll watch it, but I'm expecting it to be on the level of X-Men 3, at best.

Speaking of which, Singer announced today that X-Men Apocalypse is a go for 2016.

Sorter 12-06-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Someone must hate Shakespearean themes.

007 12-06-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10251741)

Dos mother know you weareth her drapes?

Sorter 12-06-2013 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10251748)
Dos mother know you weareth her drapes?

ROFL

Aries Walker 12-06-2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10251741)

He read Henry IV, so he didn't need to bother with Henry V, VI, or VIII.

Tribal Warfare 12-13-2013 11:20 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iXhv7CoLAOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fish 12-13-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10274325)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dfSDYg3oB5Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ja!

Red Brooklyn 12-13-2013 11:45 AM

Rise of Electro, huh? Is that new?

Also, that shot of Times Square going dark was pretty rad.

Halfcan 12-13-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 10250052)
You do realize by this distinction basically every action movie that gets released is the same thing, mystery, horror just all the same with slight tweaks.

Thor 1 and 2 really aren't anything alike other than the main characters. Does this mean you don't watch any TV shows because I can't imagine having to sit through 100 plus episodes of the same thing since well it's the same characters.

They have made the exact same movie 4 times. Spideys uncle has kicked the bucket more times than John Goodman.

Thought Thor sucked so passed on seeing the last one.

Anyong Bluth 12-13-2013 03:29 PM

Saw the 3d trailer before Hobbits 2, looked pretty good overall - not too bad CGI wise and the 3D was done pretty well for the scenes they showed.

I'm less intrigued by Foxx's villain - definitely keen on seeing Giamatti in future movies since he's not really in this one much except for setting things up for the franchise going forward. I like their casting choice for Harry Osbourn, and if you've seen Chronicle (a movie I really liked) he was in that and can definitely act. He's got good range and can totally play both sides of Parker's friend and the other side as the Goblin.

In terms of the plot, I kinda dig the underlying story of Peter trying to clue together what all his father was involved with before his parents died under suspicious circumstances.

Chris Cooper plays Norman and it looks like he's on his death bed in the trailer. I'd actually like to see a movie that had him and Peter's parents ( played by Campbell Scott and Embeth Davidtz) as a sort of back story further delving into the whole set up and background.

Deberg_1990 12-13-2013 05:42 PM

They officially announced they plan to make a series of Sinister Six films. Basically Sonys answer to the Marvel film universe.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/confirmed...ies-on-the-way

bowener 12-13-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10275153)
They officially announced they plan to make a series of Sinister Six films. Basically Sonys answer to the Marvel film universe.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/confirmed...ies-on-the-way

So the stand alone Venom movie... will that be the start to an entire new Spiderman series or what? A bit confused. I loved Venom as a kid, mostly because he looks ****ing awesome, but honestly he is a pretty boring villain. He really doesn't do much more than smash shit and fight Spidey. Spiderman as a film enterprise is actually quite boring to me. It would obviously benefit immensely if Disney were to acquire the rights and work him in with the rest of their Marvel heroes. He would benefit by having some real foes to face, and by taking the 2nd billing for a while as a superhero. For me anyway.

Anyong Bluth 12-13-2013 06:51 PM

Just the blurb I saw:

Quote:

'Amazing Spider-Man 3' is on the way along with 'Venom' and 'Sinister Six'
By Jacob Kastrenakes
Posted: 8 Hours Ago

Sony Pictures has big plans for the Spider-Man universe.

Though The Amazing Spider-Man 2 won't be hitting theaters until March, the studio is already announcing three new movies in the franchise: a third Amazing Spider-Man film, a Venom film, and a film featuring The Sinister Six — a group of Marvel supervillains. The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will begin production this fall with a planned release date of June 10th, 2016. Marc Webb, who directed the first two Amazing Spider-Man films, hasn't signed on to direct it just yet, but Sony Pictures says that it hopes he'll return.

THE FILMS WILL BE CONNECTED BY TONE AND STORY

The studio appears to be interested in recreating Marvel's success with The Avengers.

"Until now, we have approached each film as a separate, self-contained entity, but with this move, we have the opportunity to grow the franchise by looking to the future as we develop a continuous arc for the story,"

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, who will produce the three new films, say in a statement. Sony Pictures has assembled a broader team to oversee all three upcoming films as well, ensuring that a continuous tone and plot arc tie them together.
Alex Kurtzman, previously a writer on Star Trek and Transformers, will direct and co-write Venom. The Cabin in the Woods director Drew Goddard will write, and may also direct, The Sinister Six. Sony Pictures doesn't detail where the franchise might go beyond these next three films, but if they're successful, it appears that the studio will be eager to call up new Spider-Man stories and villains to bring to life.

Arad and Tolmach say there's plenty to look through: "With more than 50 years’ wealth of stories in the comic books to draw upon for inspiration, the Spider-Man universe is truly boundless."

Via Deadline
Source ComicBookMovie.com

Deberg_1990 12-13-2013 07:17 PM

Yea, it's really too bad Marvel doesn't control all it's characters. Would love to see Spider-man interact with the Avengers.

Anyong Bluth 12-14-2013 01:03 AM

Ya know, I think I prefer the International Trailer over the US cut:

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FsS0Qjvgdxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 12-31-2013 10:07 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PFjZa0wnQUM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 01-01-2014 06:42 PM

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...er-600x317.jpg

Fish 02-03-2014 04:37 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dW5u_y27LmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-King- 02-03-2014 06:06 PM

Looks shitty.

keg in kc 02-03-2014 06:15 PM

Never saw the first, and I don't feel any more interested in the 2nd after the new trailer(s).

Ragged Robin 02-03-2014 07:42 PM

crap

Wallcrawler 02-03-2014 09:33 PM

Looks awesome to me.

Not really sure what people are expecting here. This looks far more badass than any of Raimi's films.

Deberg_1990 02-03-2014 09:56 PM

So are they leading up to a Sinister 6?

green goblin, electro, rhino, lizard, doc ock, and vulture?

Aries Walker 02-03-2014 10:22 PM

Yup. I'm thinking not Lizard, since they more or less 'cured' him at the end of One, but they've already announced they're planning a Sinister Six movie. I would hope the sixth would be Mysterio.

ThaVirus 02-03-2014 11:38 PM

I think it looks pretty damn good. I'm not expecting an Oscar-worthy plot line from my summer superhero flicks.

.. And Mysterio is a bundle of sticks but his illusions could be bad ass on the big screen.

Aries Walker 02-04-2014 05:27 AM

Which is why they need him. So many superpowers have already been shown on screen, they're running out of new special effects to show us. His main problem is that you can't see his face, so actors may not want to play a role where their head is stuck in a mirrored fishbowl.

The Franchise 02-04-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10412417)

Except the Rhino just looks to be a machine.

-King- 02-04-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10412380)
Looks awesome to me.

Not really sure what people are expecting here. This looks far more badass than any of Raimi's films.

The first Tobey McGuire Spiderman was miles better than the first Amazing Spiderman piece of shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Anyong Bluth 02-04-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10412417)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10412488)
Yup. I'm thinking not Lizard, since they more or less 'cured' him at the end of One, but they've already announced they're planning a Sinister Six movie. I would hope the sixth would be Mysterio.

They're actually planning a Sinister Six movie, and a stand alone movie for each of the villains. Sony is milking anything they can From the Spider-Man IP as much as possible because the box Office draws are so lucrative.

KC native 02-04-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10413224)
The first Tobey McGuire Spiderman was miles better than the first Amazing Spiderman piece of shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Negative. Tobey McGuire was a bitch. Peter Parker is a nerd, but he's not a bitch. Tobey was terrible at the smart ass quips that Spidey is known for. He just came across as a whiney ****. The British kid has nailed Spidey's smart assness.

Plus the fight scenes in the Amazing Spiderman felt like they were right out of the comic. The rapid fire use of Spidey's webs to move around the lizard gave me flash backs to when I used to read the comic.

-King- 02-04-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10413831)
Negative. Tobey McGuire was a bitch. Peter Parker is a nerd, but he's not a bitch. Tobey was terrible at the smart ass quips that Spidey is known for. He just came across as a whiney ****. The British kid has nailed Spidey's smart assness.

Plus the fight scenes in the Amazing Spiderman felt like they were right out of the comic. The rapid fire use of Spidey's webs to move around the lizard gave me flash backs to when I used to read the comic.

I couldn't even finish the first Amazing Spiderman. It was that bad. Tobey can act circles around the new kid, and that says a lot.

KC native 02-04-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10413864)
I couldn't even finish the first Amazing Spiderman. It was that bad. Tobey can act circles around the new kid, and that says a lot.

I agree that Tobey is a better actor. I disagree that he was the better Spiderman.

Valiant 02-04-2014 06:41 PM

I like the last one, this one looks fun also.

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10413224)
Posted via Mobile Device

Heh.

Your and idiot.

I guess if you like looking at a shitty goblin costume that looked nothing like the character, and that couldn't make the cut for a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers tv episode, or watching Kirsten Dunst hang onto a ****ing mannequin for a swing sequence, then I guess you could say the first movie was better.

Maguire was shit as Spiderman. He did an okay job as Peter, but he utterly failed as Spider-Man. No trash talking, never really talked at all unless he was yelling "Hang On" or screaming in pain. Loved his little bitchass high pitched "EHH!" when hitting the ground after Goblin sent him flying in the climax of the first film. Here, Ill let you enjoy that again. I know you loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hpx3pKDtrw

Maguire's Spider-Man was a woe is me whiny bitch up until the abortion that was SM 3 where he was the super happy dork, and then an emo douchebag. I don't think I need to address how they destroyed "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" in SM 3. That was just the dumbest thing ever, bottom line.

Part of Raimi's movies was bad writing, and part of it was shitty design and direction by Raimi himself. He got butthurt when he was made to put Venom into his third film, so he tanked it and got out of the franchise.

ASM was light years better than any of Raimi's films that all had the same "Save Mary Jane" plot. Seriously. How many ****ing films do we need to see where that is the main goal of the story?

ASM Spidey was saving the city, not the damsel in distress, which was a damn welcome change.

ASM 2 looks awesome, with the exception of the machine style Rhino. Im not digging that at all.

Aries Walker 02-04-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10413128)
Except the Rhino just looks to be a machine.

In one of the shots in one of the trailers, you could see Paul Giamatti in there. It's a battlemech, like in Avatar.

Easy 6 02-04-2014 07:25 PM

The new Spiderman sucked balls, great big ones... and I doubt this next one will be any better.

Aries Walker 02-04-2014 07:29 PM

The Raimi Spider-Man was better than The Amazing Spider-Man, mostly because The Amazing Spider-Man was awful. Maguire-Spidey may have come across as whiney, but Garfield-Spidey was a showoff, and a bully, and went beyond being a wiseass to being a loudmouthed dick. The storyline was screwed around; they made Peter into a darker character, didn't develop the reasons why he fought crime and kept his identity secret, and he had some sort of Daddy-issue corporate intrigue storyline that he really didn't need hamfistedly crammed in there. Contrarily, there was no wrestling match, no J. Jonah Jameson, and Spidey never learned or mentioned his signature line of dialogue. It was a bad movie.

I will give it this: Even with the ten-year technology difference, the special effects in the first one were weak, and the second one did do some inventive bits of fight choreography, especially during the fight in the halls of Midtown High. Those aside, though, it didn't have much going for it that Raimi's didn't do better.

And I guarantee the sequel won't be as good as Spider-Man 2.

Brock 02-04-2014 07:34 PM

The tobey movies sucked yak butt. Tobey wasn't even close to being the biggest problem with those pieces of shit. The new ones are far, far better.

Ragged Robin 02-04-2014 07:39 PM

The reboot is crap. Old ones are obviously old and the scripts had their share of problems but were far superior. Toby was the better Spidey. Peter IS SUPPOSED to be nerdy/awkward not a hipster douche bag like in the new ones.

Brock 02-04-2014 07:44 PM

Tobey wasn't awkward and nerdy. He acted like a pussy. Zero chemistry between him and the wretched Kirsten Dunst. Jizz shooting out of his wrists. Botched villain after botched villain. Just utter trash.

Aries Walker 02-04-2014 07:49 PM

Ah, yes, I should have granted that as well: the casting of Kirsten Dunst was a trainwreck.

I don't see how you could possibly imagine a better Green Goblin than Willem Dafoe, though. No one does dangerously-insane like he does, and he looked like Gobby even without his mask on.

Easy 6 02-04-2014 07:56 PM

The idea of being able to shoot webs because of the transformations in your body is a helluva lot easier for me to believe, than some high school kid with the brains and means to actually manufacture that shit.

Its bad enough that neither series bothers to explain where this kid got his fancy suit, but atleast the first series had a plausible explanation for the webs.

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10414582)
The idea of being able to shoot webs because of the transformations in your body is a helluva lot easier for me to believe, than some high school kid with the brains and means to actually manufacture that shit.

Its bad enough that neither series bothers to explain where this kid got his fancy suit, but atleast the first series had a plausible explanation for the webs.

He creates the web shooters in the comics.

This is a film based on the comic.

What part of this are you having difficulty with?

You can believe that a guy can get the proportional strength, speed, agility, and borderline precognition of a spider, but you cant believe that he might be able to build web shooters?

Heh. Stick to non fiction, and your head will hurt less pal.

Ragged Robin 02-04-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10414621)
You can believe that a guy can get the proportional strength, speed, agility, and borderline precognition of a spider, but you cant believe that he might be able to build web shooters?

lol that doesn't make any sense. Read what he posted. It makes more sense that the web shit in his wrists develops because he gets all the other spider attributes. It doesn't make any sense that he would get everything else EXCEPT that but is smart enough to make it himself despite being a young and hip high schooler.

Valiant 02-04-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10414639)
lol that doesn't make any sense. Read what he posted. It makes more sense that the web shit in his wrists develops because he gets all the other spider attributes. It doesn't make any sense that he would get everything else EXCEPT that but is smart enough to make it himself despite being a young and hip high schooler.

Other than him creating his own web shooter in the comics?

ASM I view as an updated version, kind of like ultimate spiderman comic.. Most kids are not nerdy or dorky, especially if they got powers. They would act more like ASM.

KC native 02-04-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

ASM is much closer to the comic books than the first set of movies.

Ragged Robin 02-04-2014 09:59 PM

Can you guys tell me where in that post refers to comic book accuracy? I said it's more believable/makes more sense that way.

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

It makes perfect sense.

His issue was suspension of disbelief. He was fine with all this other completely impossible shit happening to a human body, but took issue that Pete might be smart enough to create the wrist mounted propulsion system for his weblines. THAT was what he had trouble believing. Pretty funny when you think about it.

Peter has a pretty damn high intellect in the books. Its not quite on par with Stark or Richards, but its well within the paramaters of building some web shooters.

In the books he created the web fluid as well as the web shooters, but I guess for ASM they decided that having it already exist at Oscorb would be better for their story.

The building of his web shooters was a simple way to showcase how smart Peter really is.

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10414582)
Its bad enough that neither series bothers to explain where this kid got his fancy suit

Try again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuKqQ6plZ_I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpSrswsOl0o

Ragged Robin 02-04-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10414885)
His issue was suspension of disbelief.

It goes both ways.. He gets all his spider powers so why is it so hard to accept he gets the web shit too? Why not?

Easy 6 02-04-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10414621)
He creates the web shooters in the comics.

This is a film based on the comic.

What part of this are you having difficulty with?

Heh. Stick to non fiction, and your head will hurt less pal.

ROFL whoa, yeah maybe I'm just out of my depth with all of the heavy mental lifting in comic books.

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10414930)
It goes both ways.. He gets all his spider powers so why is it so hard to accept he gets the web shit too? Why not?

Are you dense?

I never said it wasn't believable. I simply pointed out how ridiculous it is to say something is "hard to believe" or "easier to believe" in a movie based on a comic book that is based on completely unbelievable shit.

As for why not, I would simply say if youre going to make a movie based on a book, you should remain true to the source material.

I guess its not that big of a deal when you think about it. Its not like any shitty comic book movies were made that completely disregarded the source material.

Its not like anything completely stupid has ever happened like Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer, Sabretooth being Wolverine's brother, or Deadpool having katanas up his arms shooting optic blasts with his mouth sewn shut. I guess with the way Im acting you would think that Batman's love interest in the books turned out to be some halfassed villain that tried to kill him, destroy Gotham, and got herself killed in the process, all after an eight year stint where Bruce inexplicably just stopped being The Batman.

Screw it. We don't need source material. Im sure the Hollywood screenwriters can do a much better job than the folks that have been actually writing the stories for decades.

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10414951)
ROFL whoa, yeah maybe I'm just out of my depth with all of the heavy mental lifting in comic books.

Maybe not so much that as youre just not paying attention. You took issue with not knowing where he got the suit, and I provided the clips from both films that explain your issue.

Maybe you never read the comic books. Its just funny to me that in a movie filled with totally unbelievable shit, someone would call bullshit and be like "brah, that would TOTALLY never happen."

Its hilarious.

Easy 6 02-04-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10414979)
Maybe not so much that as youre just not paying attention. You took issue with not knowing where he got the suit, and I provided the clips from both films that explain your issue.

Maybe you never read the comic books. Its just funny to me that in a movie filled with totally unbelievable shit, someone would call bullshit and be like "brah, that would TOTALLY never happen."

Its hilarious.

Yes, I forgot the movies talking about the suits.

But in the instance of the webs, I dont care about the official lore, gaining that power like he gained every other makes a lot more sense to me... and oh yes, I read the hell out of Spidey comics as a kid, but that was the 70's so its been a while.

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10415011)
Yes, I forgot the movies talking about the suits.

But in the instance of the webs, I dont care about the official lore, gaining that power like he gained every other makes a lot more sense to me... and oh yes, I read the hell out of Spidey comics as a kid, but that was the 70's so its been a while.

They were better then.

Cheaper too.

Ragged Robin 02-04-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10414962)
As for why not, I would simply say if youre going to make a movie based on a book, you should remain true to the source material.

Please. Even the most successful superhero film ever completely and utterly shits on the source material. The entire Nolan franchise shits on the Bat mythos. Taking the liberty of such a minor detail that you spend less than two seconds thinking about while watching is not a big deal.

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10415049)
Please. Even the most successful superhero film ever completely and utterly shits on the source material.

And what film is that, exactly?

Ragged Robin 02-04-2014 10:55 PM

Also from that "love interest" comment it sounds like you don't actually know what you're talking about. Talia has been the greatest batman villian in the last decade in the comics. NOT just a 'love interest.'