ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Shawn Zobel on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267113)

Pasta Little Brioni 11-27-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9156305)
It is astonishing to me just how much better a playcaller Bill Muir, falling asleep in the booth is than Daboll. LMAO

True, but their is only so much you can do with QB's this bad. Bowe has Chump beat by 5 yards, easy TD, and Quinn sails it 10 yards out of bounds. That's not on the playcalling and big plays like that happen at least once a game that these turds miss.

Dayze 11-27-2012 09:55 AM

I can't wait for the implosion when we don't take Geno, or any other QB with our 1st round pick.

mdchiefsfan 11-27-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9156312)
I can't wait for the implosion when we don't take Geno, or any other QB with our 1st round pick.

:cuss:

Dayze 11-27-2012 09:58 AM

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9156314)
:cuss:

if that happens, it confirms that the Chiefs are, and will forever be, pussies.

we've been conditioned to expect the wrong move. lol

Agent V 11-27-2012 09:58 AM

Every year, I have to hear the same crap about quarterbacks not being worthy of certain picks, and every year some rookie (or, you know, three rookies) proves them all wrong. Take the damn QB. Take your shot. If you miss, take another.

How difficult is that to understand?

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ban-hammer.jpg

ILChief 11-27-2012 10:02 AM

If we get the number one pick we will know well beforehand who we are taking. When was the last time everyone didn't know who was going number one weeks ahead of time

Dayze 11-27-2012 10:03 AM

the Chiefs will try to fool everyone.

Agent V 11-27-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Chiefs offices, moments after that happens:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...9a3fo1_500.gif

Dayze 11-27-2012 10:05 AM

so, serious question.

If the chiefs were to pass on him, could the franchise survive?
sure, long term it would, but holy crap - I can't imagine how the fan base would react.

I think they would be crucified.

Sorter 11-27-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9156311)
True, but their is only so much you can do with QB's this bad. Bowe has Chump beat by 5 yards, easy TD, and Quinn sails it 10 yards out of bounds. That's not on the playcalling and big plays like that happen at least once a game that these turds miss.

Oh definitely.

Muir's playcalling last season absolutely rapes Daboll's though

DaneMcCloud 11-27-2012 10:08 AM

This is just another jack off with a website. His opinion means nothing.

Manti Te'o won't even be as good as Rey Maualuga. Any team that spends a high first round pick on him will be very disappointed.

ROYC75 11-27-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9156224)
This is the best year to take who we (the team) thinks is the best QB.

We'll have the pick of the litter. Cap space. No having to trade up or give a player. No giving up future pics.

JUST...****ING...TAKE....ONE...

This .........

Not going to get another chance or better chance unless they keep RAC another year. Then we can do it all over again!:banghead:

RealSNR 11-27-2012 10:11 AM

I'd be willing to wager that some of these dumb****s would take Andrew Luck's poor game against Oregon last year as evidence why we shouldn't draft him. "Okay, if he's so great then why did he whither against a good team?"

"ITS TEH #1 OVRAL PIC!!! U HAVE TO GET IT RITE OR EVERYONE IN UR FAMILY DIEZ!!!!! QB 2 RISKY!"

CaliforniaChief 11-27-2012 10:15 AM

It's already begun. People trying to carve out a niche in the draft/scouting world trying to be creative and come up with new takes. And we'll have to listen to this until the day Roger Goodell hands the Chiefs #1 jersey to Geno Smith. I hope.

Chief_For_Life58 11-27-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9156135)
We got three outstanding LBers on this team. I fail to see why we would need to spend a first on a MLB? Our offense has got to be the worst in the league and can't find a way to get the ball in the endzone and QB is the number 1 problem for this team to do so.

this times a 1,000000000. who the **** wants to draft teo'o with the first pick. obviously hes a great player but we need a ****ing QB! are we the only ones who see this. jesus ****ing christ

Agent V 11-27-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9156351)
I'd be willing to wager that some of these dumb****s would take Andrew Luck's poor game against Oregon last year as evidence why we shouldn't draft him. "Okay, if he's so great then why did he whither against a good team?"

"ITS TEH #1 OVRAL PIC!!! U HAVE TO GET IT RITE OR EVERYONE IN UR FAMILY DIEZ!!!!! QB 2 RISKY!"

Russell Wilson is too short! RGIII will cost you too many picks! Andrew Luck is overrated!

Screw it. Take Geno. The man shares a name with the greatest character in Super Mario RPG. He can fire the ball downfield in an explosion of colorful stars with his magical cannon arm.

Chief_For_Life58 11-27-2012 10:20 AM

geno smith makes this team a playoff team almost instantly with bowe and albert resigned. jesus christ good god clark

htismaqe 11-27-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9156213)
RG3 & Luck are pretty talented players. Guys like that don't come along but once a decade or so. This class isn't great, but the Chiefs need a QB and should grab the best one available first up.

I don't get this. This is pure revisionist history.

ANDREW LUCK is the guy that only comes around every 10 years or so.

Robert Griffin has been anointed as such AFTER THE FACT, not before. In fact, the rarity of a prospect like Luck and the fact that Griffin was taken immediately afterwards, elevated Griffin to a height he would have never reached on his own pre-draft.

Now Griffin's indicator stats right now are off the charts - nearly 70% completion percentage, 16/4 TD/INT ratio, and over 8 YPA. People lumping him in with Luck appear to be justified but it's with the benefit of hindsight.

We can't sit here today and pretend that Luck and Griffin were 1a and 1b going into last year's draft.

KCDC 11-27-2012 10:20 AM

On a 1 to 10 scale:

Palko = 1
Cassel and Quinn = 2
Gabbert and A. Smith = 3
Any rookie QB in the first round is a likely 5+

mdchiefsfan 11-27-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 9156367)
Russell Wilson is too short! RGIII will cost you too many picks! Andrew Luck is overrated!

Screw it. Take Geno. The man shares a name with the greatest character in Super Mario RPG. He can fire the ball downfield in an explosion of colorful stars with his magical cannon arm.

This :thumb:

Chief_For_Life58 11-27-2012 10:21 AM

actually probably not since we play afc south and nfc east next year right? geno will definitely give us the best chance. I might kill someone if we don't draft him

htismaqe 11-27-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9156290)
This is why soc should start preaching first round QB

THIS

htismaqe 11-27-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

I'm firmly convinced they'll take a QB. They don't have a choice.

If they don't take one, I'll be rooting for someone else on Sunday's so the implosion means nothing to me.

Chief_For_Life58 11-27-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156385)
I'm firmly convinced they'll take a QB. They don't have a choice.

If they don't take one, I'll be rooting for someone else on Sunday's so the implosion means nothing to me.

if they dont take a qb ill just continue to be like i have been this whole year. root for the q ueefs to lose and to watch good nfl teams play good games every sunday. if they dont take a qb though i wont have to root for them to lose cus theyll do that without any help

htismaqe 11-27-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9156395)
if they dont take a qb ill just continue to be like i have been this whole year. root for the q ueefs to lose and to watch good nfl teams play good games every sunday. if they dont take a qb though i wont have to root for them to lose cus theyll do that without any help

The problem is that they've never had the #1 overall pick before and likely won't ever have it again.

If they pass on a QB now, it's clear to me they'll NEVER take one.

Therefore, there's no reason for me to continue to be a fan.

ChiefsCountry 11-27-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156420)
The problem is that they've never had the #1 overall pick before and likely won't ever have it again.

Cough. Buck Buchanan. Cough,

bowener 11-27-2012 10:44 AM

I might just be feeling especially good today, but I now feel certain that Pioli is gone by years end and we draft a QB #1 overall. There is no other logical path that can be taken for the Chiefs/Clark.

Clyde Frog 11-27-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9156217)
That's the thing. Black Bobs everywhere love to harp that there isn't a consensus best #1 overall QB, but when asked who IS this can't-miss-8th-wonder-of-the-world player, they say, "Well, uh.. there's Manti Te'o or Jarvis Jones... and Star Lotuleilei is pretty good." They can't name a consensus top non-QB that they so desperately want us to have.

It's the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

This a million times over

htismaqe 11-27-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9156426)
Cough. Buck Buchanan. Cough,

The Chiefs have never had the #1 pick in the NFL draft. Buck Buchanan was drafted pre-merger.

Actually, Buck Buchanan was drafted in the 19th round of the NFL draft.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 10:57 AM

Just for further clarification, the Chiefs drafted Buck Buchanan 1st overall in the 1963 AFL draft, after finishing with a 5-7-2 record. There were only EIGHT teams in the league at the time.

ChiefsCountry 11-27-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156447)
The Chiefs have never had the #1 pick in the NFL draft. Buck Buchanan was drafted pre-merger.

Actually, Buck Buchanan was drafted in the 19th round of the NFL draft.

NFL draft that haven't but the AFL draft they did. Which you will see mentioned over and over again on draft coverage when the Chiefs get the #1 pick.

ChiefsCountry 11-27-2012 10:58 AM

Also they got that pick because of the 1962 season, when they traded Cotton Davidson to Oakland. It was Lamar Hunt's only trade.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9156456)
NFL draft that haven't but the AFL draft they did. Which you will see mentioned over and over again on draft coverage when the Chiefs get the #1 pick.

As I just posted, they had the #1 pick out of EIGHT teams and had an almost .500 record.

The Chiefs have never had the REAL #1 overall pick. Buck Buchanan doesn't even come close to counting.

notorious 11-27-2012 10:59 AM

This franchise and fanbase needs an enema!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...yTTh3ZRq7c2zrw

Braincase 11-27-2012 10:59 AM

We need an option to have a #1 pick carry over to the following draft, in exchange for the 33rd pick of the 1st round.

BigCatDaddy 11-27-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9156465)
We need an option to have a #1 pick carry over to the following draft, in exchange for the 33rd pick of the 1st round.

Then what?

keg in kc 11-27-2012 11:12 AM

I don't have a problem with bringing in Alex Smith, we need a vet on the roster (and Stanzi ain't it) and there's absolutely nothing wrong with him now. But if we don't draft a QB, if we draft Jesus ****ing Te'o, I'll need a new TV the next day, because my old one will have a ****ing shoe sticking out of it. It's a goddamn no-brainer, we don't need a ****ing overrated linebacker from an overrated team. We don't need any more picks in the front 7. We don't need a RB or a WR or an o-lineman. We need the most important position in all of sports. And maybe Geno Smith isn't RG3. Or maybe he is. Because RG3 wasn't even RG3 6 months ago. I remember people telling me I was stupid for thinking he'd be a pro quarterback, for believing he'd turned into a capable pocket passer and not just a guy who slid by on ability and talent, a runner who could throw. No, he was a quarterback. And Geno is the same kind of guy. He doesn't have the same wheels, but he has maybe even quicker reads, has a tremendous arm but enough skill to make any throw you need, he has basically everything you could ever want in a quarterback, tangible or intangible.

That's what this ****ing team needs.

Sorter 11-27-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9156497)
I don't have a problem with bringing in Alex Smith, we need a vet on the roster (and Stanzi ain't it) and there's absolutely nothing wrong with him now. But if we don't draft a QB, if we draft Jesus ****ing Te'o, I'll need a new TV the next day, because my old one will have a ****ing shoe sticking out of it. It's a goddamn no-brainer, we don't need a ****ing overrated linebacker from an overrated team. We don't need any more picks in the front 7. We don't need a RB or a WR or an o-lineman. We need the most important position in all of sports. And maybe Geno Smith isn't RG3. Or maybe he is. Because RG3 wasn't even RG3 6 months ago. I remember people telling me I was stupid for thinking he'd be a pro quarterback, for believing he'd turned into a capable pocket passer and not just a guy who slid by on ability and talent, a runner who could throw. No, he was a quarterback. And Geno is the same kind of guy. He doesn't have the same wheels, but he has maybe even quicker reads, has a tremendous arm but enough skill to make any throw you need, he has basically everything you could ever want in a quarterback, tangible or intangible.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpoxacFpwP1qfxmzb.gif

saphojunkie 11-27-2012 11:23 AM

Anyone who thinks we should draft an impact defender should be emotionally prepared for this exact same season next year.

Morons.

Besides, the odds of landing an impact defender next year in the middle of the first or end of the first are strikingly higher than the odds of landing a franchise quarterback at the same place.

Guess what? 1-10 teams with no legitimate quarterback of any grade on the roster do not have the luxury of even considering another option.

WildTurkey 11-27-2012 11:30 AM

Are these people who want a MLB instead of Geno trolling us? Or are there really people out there who don't realize how badly we've needed a franchise qb for the entire existence of this organization? smh

GoShox 11-27-2012 11:37 AM

There's no way we draft anything but a QB.. right? Can someone please assure me that the Chiefs won't mess this one up?

suds79 11-27-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoShox (Post 9156547)
There's no way we draft anything but a QB.. right? Can someone please assure me that the Chiefs won't mess this one up?

Lack of season ticket renewals should be all the assurance you need.

RealSNR 11-27-2012 11:44 AM

The Rams in the 2010 draft I'm sure would have liked a better QB prospect than Sam Bradford, who had questions about durability, experience in a pro system, and decision-making under pressure. But after going Chris Long and Jason Smith in two consecutive drafts, they said enough is enough holding our goddamn dicks and waiting for the PERFECT QB to fall to us. No amount of Chris Longs or Jason Smiths, even if those two weren't busts, was going to turn that team around the way a real QB can.

Geno Smith, by the way, is a FAR better QB prospect than Sam Bradford could have hoped to be. The decision is pretty ****ing obvious.

keg in kc 11-27-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9156573)
Geno Smith, by the way, is a FAR better QB prospect than Sam Bradford could have hoped to be. The decision is pretty ****ing obvious.

LANDRY JONES!!!!!

WildTurkey 11-27-2012 11:57 AM

It seems like the same story every year with these fans. (Insert qb here) is too risky, next years class is better or let's get a veteran stop gap.

BigCatDaddy 11-27-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9156598)
It seems like the same story every year with these fans. (Insert qb here) is too risky, next years class is better or let's get a veteran stop gap.

Well this is the year we drag them kicking and screaming all the way to the podium.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9156573)
The Rams in the 2010 draft I'm sure would have liked a better QB prospect than Sam Bradford, who had questions about durability, experience in a pro system, and decision-making under pressure. But after going Chris Long and Jason Smith in two consecutive drafts, they said enough is enough holding our goddamn dicks and waiting for the PERFECT QB to fall to us. No amount of Chris Longs or Jason Smiths, even if those two weren't busts, was going to turn that team around the way a real QB can.

The Dolphins took Jake Long instead of Matt Ryan.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

PhillyChiefFan 11-27-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156622)

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Wow. I forgot about that!

Not that Long isn't a good T, but still...

htismaqe 11-27-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9156684)
Wow. I forgot about that!

Not that Long isn't a good T, but still...

That was exactly his point. :thumb:

DaneMcCloud 11-27-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156622)

LMAOLMAOLMAO

And Jake Long's skills are already declining.

Good job, Bill Parcells.

keg in kc 11-27-2012 12:47 PM

There are still people who will argue that Ryan isn't a good QB. Myopia has no bounds.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9156726)
And Jake Long's skills are already declining.

Good job, Bill Parcells.

He was physically limited coming into the NFL. He was the epitome of high floor/low ceiling.

Terrible pick by the Dolphins really.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9156730)
There are still people who will argue that Ryan isn't a good QB. Myopia has no bounds.

I'm not sure you'll find a bigger detractor (when it comes to Ryan) and I've never said he isn't a good QB.

I still don't believe he's an ELITE QB, however. Can't be oh-fer in the playoffs and be "elite".

DaneMcCloud 11-27-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9156730)

He's not good. They're 10-1 because of...uh...why are they 10-1 again?

:shake:

These are probably the same dumbasses who claimed that Eli Manning wasn't elite in 2007/2008.

keg in kc 11-27-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156742)
I'm not sure you'll find a bigger detractor (when it comes to Ryan) and I've never said he isn't a good QB.

I still don't believe he's an ELITE QB, however. Can't be oh-fer in the playoffs and be "elite".

Too much blame gets placed on one guy's shoulders for a team's failure, just like he'll get too much credit when he finally does win in January. And yes, I realize that statement can also be used as justification for not drafting a QB, but the point remains.

Although, frankly, even if he's not elite, at this point I'd rather have a really good QB like Ryan than an elite anything else. It's silly to try to win in today's NFL with Matt Cassel's and Brady Quinn's and Ricky Stanzi's. What I wouldn't give for another Trent Green, even. And a chance at a #1 pick and the opportunity for something more? How is it even a question? Draft the goddamn QB already...

DaneMcCloud 11-27-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156742)

Joe Flacco's got a great post season record and I'd take Matt Ryan over Flacco every single time.

I don't know if Atlanta will win in the playoffs this year but I'd still take Ryan in heartbeat.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9156758)
Too much blame gets placed on one guy's shoulders for a team's failure, just like he'll get too much credit when he finally does win in January. And yes, I realize that statement can also be used as justification for not drafting a QB, but the point remains.

I think Ryan is a really good QB but the above argument works against him in my mind. He has some of THE best weapons in the game. There are no excuses left, he HAS to win one this year. Like I said, he's oh-fer in the playoffs. If he were .333 or .400 or even .250, we have discussion. He's .000. That's not good enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9156758)
Although, frankly, even if he's not elite, at this point I'd rather have a really good QB like Ryan than an elite anything else. It's silly to try to win in today's NFL with Matt Cassel's and Brady Quinn's and Ricky Stanzi's. What I wouldn't give for another Trent Green, even. And a chance at a #1 pick and the opportunity for something more? How is it even a question? Draft the goddamn QB already...

ABSOLUTELY agree.

Shox 11-27-2012 01:06 PM

I really don't understand why people say Smith is not a #1 pick guy. If you compare his stats to Andrew Luck Smith is really better.

For his career he as thrown 2 less picks while throwing it almost 400 more times. His completion percentage is identical to Lucks. I'm not trying to say Smith is as good as Luck, no way. Luck is the next great NFL QB.....a Manning, Brady, Montana type QB. But, Geno Smith has put together a very, very good college career and is the only person who should be considered for the #1 pick.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9156768)
Joe Flacco's got a great post season record and I'd take Matt Ryan over Flacco every single time.

I don't know if Atlanta will win in the playoffs this year but I'd still take Ryan in heartbeat.

Naturally, it's not all about the win/loss record, it's also about the performances in those games.

Neither of them has played particularly well in the postseason, but one of them has one because of their defense more often than not.

Until this season, they've both been solid game managers and not much more. Now, Ryan seems to have taken a step forward this season and that's what he needed to do to be considered truly "elite".

Sorter 11-27-2012 01:10 PM

Every one of the teams Ryan has lost to in the playoffs have all made the SB

keg in kc 11-27-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156783)
I think Ryan is a really good QB but the above argument works against him in my mind. He has some of THE best weapons in the game. There are no excuses left, he HAS to win one this year. Like I said, he's oh-fer in the playoffs. If he were .333 or .400 or even .250, we have discussion. He's .000. That's not good enough.

I wasn't talking about weapons as much how things happen in games that really have nothing to do with quarterback play. It's just the way things are, but I would bet that in the annals of "heroic QB comebacks" you can find key plays made by others that nobody even remembers, but that were just as important. Ditto for losses. So...too much blame, too much reward.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9156803)
Every one of the teams Ryan has lost to in the playoffs have all made the SB

Valid point.

Bump 11-27-2012 01:15 PM

bullshit. Geno Smith is a legit #1 overall pick and we better take him.

keg in kc 11-27-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9156794)
I really don't understand why people say Smith is not a #1 pick guy. If you compare his stats to Andrew Luck Smith is really better.

For his career he as thrown 2 less picks while throwing it almost 400 more times. His completion percentage is identical to Lucks. I'm not trying to say Smith is as good as Luck, no way. Luck is the next great NFL QB.....a Manning, Brady, Montana type QB. But, Geno Smith has put together a very, very good college career and is the only person who should be considered for the #1 pick.

He's black, which is still an issue (although maybe less so than a year ago with RG3's start), and he's at West Virginia. Put him in LA and he's probably consensus #1. Especially with those weapons and linemen. Not that Austin and Bailey aren't great in their own right.

Not that he won't have some work to do. But he's had a remarkable college career.

PhillyChiefFan 11-27-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156734)
He was physically limited coming into the NFL. He was the epitome of high floor/low ceiling.

Terrible pick by the Dolphins really.

:doh!: I had always thought that Jake Long was a decent to good tackle.

Guess they had enough problems that a bad draft pick didn't seem to weigh on the mind of my friend thats a Dolphins fan...though this is the same guy who was PISSED when they passed on Quinn.

threebag 11-27-2012 01:21 PM

So Ryan is playoff caliber, but not Super Bowl caliber.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9156829)
:doh!: I had always thought that Jake Long was a decent to good tackle.

Guess they had enough problems that a bad draft pick didn't seem to weigh on the mind of my friend thats a Dolphins fan...though this is the same guy who was PISSED when they passed on Quinn.

He isn't bad but he's starting to decline as Dane said.

However, when you look at him and then look at Matt Ryan, THAT is ultimately what makes it a horrible pick.

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9156817)
He's black, which is still an issue (although maybe less so than a year ago with RG3's start), and he's at West Virginia. Put him in LA and he's probably consensus #1. Especially with those weapons and linemen. Not that Austin and Bailey aren't great in their own right.

Not that he won't have some work to do. But he's had a remarkable college career.

If you are referring to USC's o-line...they suck and are a far cry from what is usually there.

xztop12 11-27-2012 01:55 PM

alex smith has won a shit load of his last games. we'd only need 2 middle linebackers, 2 safeties, a corner, a passrusher, a center, a WR, and a running back all selected in the first 3 rounds to emulate the 49ers

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9156497)

i want to have sex with you

whoman69 11-27-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop12 (Post 9156898)
alex smith has won a shit load of his last games. we'd only need 2 middle linebackers, 2 safeties, a corner, a passrusher, a center, a WR, and a running back all selected in the first 3 rounds to emulate the 49ers

Don't know that we need to emulate the Niners. I don't think the Niners want to emulate the Niners. They realize that while Smith was very good at what he did, they needed a threat to take them to the next level. You get Smith and he will need that Niners defense because he can't win without it.

This team does not need to fall back on its security blanket. They need a young dynamic QB that can move the ball down the field. The rules of the game make it absolutely necessary.

If they want to bring Smith in as a vet backup, I'm fine with that as long as he has a backup contract. Any other choice besides QB in the first round next year is a fail.

Mother****erJones 11-27-2012 02:18 PM

Wow glad I didnt listen to this incompetent moron

RunKC 11-27-2012 02:27 PM

This is the Shawn Zobel who just a few weeks ago said that AJ McCarron was the best QB in this class. Now he flip flopped.

Zobel has no clue what he's talking about.

RealSNR 11-27-2012 02:46 PM

Who the **** IS Shawn Zobel, anyway? I had never heard of this guy until Tomahawk started posting his tweets this season.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-27-2012 03:00 PM

Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster

For anyone wanting to listen, I'll be going live on 610am Sports Kansas City in about 30 minutes.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-27-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9156351)

Linebackers are safe picks....just look at Aaron Curry. Just try to avoid looking into his eyes though.

DaneMcCloud 11-27-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9157053)
Linebackers are safe picks....just look at Aaron Curry. Just try to avoid looking into his eyes though.

Especially on YouTube

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-27-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9157052)
Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster

For anyone wanting to listen, I'll be going live on 610am Sports Kansas City in about 30 minutes.

He loves Wilson. He's got 1.Wilson 2. Geno

Sorter 11-27-2012 03:33 PM

This is the guy who's on 610's credentials

Benjamin Allbright: Benjamin Allbright, NFL Draft Monsters’ founder, and Director of Scouting, has been involved with the high school and collegiate athlete scouting business for the last 14 years. Most widely renowned for his (sometimes contrarian) evaluations on quarterbacks, he and his work have been featured on ESPN and FSN, as well as newspapers and print media throughout the country.

ROFL