ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Have you ever been shot? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267162)

dmahurin 11-28-2012 04:34 PM

I've been shot with hundreds of sim rounds but luckily never a real one. A 5.56 sim round to the thigh is bad enough.

LiveSteam 11-28-2012 04:43 PM

Nope cant say that I have.
Been in a few pig sticking contests. Took a knife to the throat once. Didnt hurt. Scared the hell out of everyone including myself. Bloody mess I was.

**** that shit being crazy & always looking for trouble. . Ive chewed up at least 7 of my 9 lives back in the early 90s. Mellow is where it is at once you hit your 40s

The Iron Chief 11-28-2012 07:44 PM

My father was shot while turkey hunting on the mountain behind the house I grew up on.
Of course this was just bird shot and all of it hit his hand...still he said it was like a swarm of bees landed on his hand and never let up for an hour or two til it was taken care of.

To add another hunter on the hill confirmed to an officer who the suspect most likely was...the suspect hunter later admitted to the police who knocked on his door he paniced and took off home.

He was later ticketed.

Bwana 11-28-2012 07:56 PM

No but I have come damn close.

Chief Roundup 11-28-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Iron Chief (Post 9160268)
My father was shot while turkey hunting on the mountain behind the house I grew up on.

You probably would of had a better childhood if you would of grown up in the house.

SAUTO 11-28-2012 08:16 PM

Yep. They tried to car jack me the summer after high school.

Took one to the chest and stomped on the gas. Car took twelve more.

Hurt like ****ing hell.

A year later I took one to the thigh of my right leg. Tried to rob me for my stash. Didn't get shit from me though,
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 11-28-2012 08:20 PM

My father in law had his wife's ex show up in the middle of the night.

Woke up with this crazy ****er standing over them with a shot gun. the ex told the wife to go make coffee he wanted some before he killed them. FIL asked if he could put his pants on guy told him yes.
he picked up his pistol and got it in his pocket, they sat at the table and he said he could tell by the look in his eyes that it was coming, he got the gun up and fired almost simultaneously, he took the buckshot to the leg and side.

Killed that other ****er dead, emptied the gun. The guy had a note saying what he was going to do and then commit suicide and they still gave FIL TONS of problems over emptying the gun. He said the guy shot him once and the ****er wasn't getting a chance to do it again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze 11-28-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9160322)
You probably would of had a better childhood if you would of grown up in the house.

LMAO
Reminds me of the Carlin airline bit he had " the stewardess says 'get on the plane, get on the plane' etc, and I say '**** you...Im getting IN the plane. There seems to be less wind in here'".

demonhero 11-28-2012 08:49 PM

Not directly, but get at me when you get bruised by a tracer round under a throat protector. No wyandotte stories :spock: ?

Chief Roundup 11-28-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9160349)
LMAO
Reminds me of the Carlin airline bit he had " the stewardess says 'get on the plane, get on the plane' etc, and I say '**** you...Im getting IN the plane. There seems to be less wind in here'".

Carlin was one of the best ever.

SAUTO 11-28-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonhero (Post 9160371)
Not directly, but get at me when you get bruised by a tracer round under a throat protector. No wyandotte stories :spock: ?

Grew up there
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo 11-28-2012 09:02 PM

I've been shot at... When I lived in E. St. Louis a buddy of mine and I were out cruising. We stopped for gas and the next thing I saw was a car speeding by and a guy shooting a shotgun at us. Luckily, he was out of range. I heard the pellets hit everything around me but they didn't do any damage.

Well, I tore ass after them and they're damn lucky I didn't catch up. In the back of my truck I had two fully loaded .58 caliber double-barrel Kodiak Muzzle-loaders. They would've destroyed their car. (I was going deer hunting the next day) I didn't plan on shooting them, Just taking out they're ****ing engine block with four 450 grain ballistic tipped slugs. Lol

They would've shit themselves.

Come to think of it, I was a stupid kid. Two white boys driving a bright red full size Chevy pickup in E. St. Louis in 1993. Dumb

cdcox 11-28-2012 09:04 PM

My wife's cousin was shot twice (same incident) when he was working in Columbia (Coffee, not Tigers). He's like 6'-2" 250 lbs of solid muscle. Afterwards he was left for dead and took 6 months before he could walk again well enough to go home. So there is one data point that disagrees with the movies.

Gonzo 11-28-2012 09:04 PM

And technically I've been shot. Bird shot out pheasant hunting when I was 12. Some asshole not watching where he was shooting. I was on the other side of the tree line and he wasn't paying attention.

cdcox 11-28-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9160390)
I've been shot at... When I lived in E. St. Louis a buddy of mine and I were out cruising. We stopped for gas and the next thing I saw was a car speeding by and a guy shooting a shotgun at us. Luckily, he was out of range. I heard the pellets hit everything around me but they didn't do any damage.

Well, I tore ass after them and they're damn lucky I didn't catch up. In the back of my truck I had two fully loaded .58 caliber double-barrel Kodiak Muzzle-loaders. They would've destroyed their car. (I was going deer hunting the next day) I didn't plan on shooting the , just taking it they're ****ing engine block with four 450 grain ballistic tipped slugs. Lol

They would've shit themselves.

Come to think of it, I was a stupid kid. Two white boys driving a bright red full size Chevy pickup in E. St. Louis in 1993. Dumb

Not much smarter than 4 white kids in a Dodge Darter Swinger going there for a beer run in 1981.

Gonzo 11-28-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9160402)
Not much smarter than 4 white kids in a Dodge Darter Swinger going there for a beer run in 1981.

You win.

Bump 11-28-2012 09:07 PM

I haven't been shot, but I have been bitten by a dude and that turned out to be worse than a flesh wound gun shot, I'd imagine. It was pretty infected the very next day.

cdcox 11-28-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9160405)
You win.

After we got the beer the car wouldn't start. A black fellow gave us a jump start. When we approached him he said "Maaaaan, you are in the WRONG part of town." He was scared to be down there. Luck for us it was very cold out that night so there weren't many people out on the streets.

BWillie 11-28-2012 09:22 PM

O I didnt know we were talking about bb guns and pellet guns to. Ive certainly been shot with a bb gun. When I was a little hoodlum we use to have bb gun fights. Basically just paintball but with bb gun. Only supposed to pump it once but sometimes assholes would do it more than that and you would have to pick the bb out of ur skin w tweezers. Stupid kid I was. Stupid man I became haha.

ThaVirus 11-28-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9160406)
I haven't been shot, but I have been bitten by a dude and that turned out to be worse than a flesh wound gun shot, I'd imagine. It was pretty infected the very next day.

LMAO Gotta hear that story..

Frazod 11-28-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9160331)
My father in law had his wife's ex show up in the middle of the night.

Woke up with this crazy ****er standing over them with a shot gun. the ex told the wife to go make coffee he wanted some before he killed them. FIL asked if he could put his pants on guy told him yes.
he picked up his pistol and got it in his pocket, they sat at the table and he said he could tell by the look in his eyes that it was coming, he got the gun up and fired almost simultaneously, he took the buckshot to the leg and side.

Killed that other ****er dead, emptied the gun. The guy had a note saying what he was going to do and then commit suicide and they still gave FIL TONS of problems over emptying the gun. He said the guy shot him once and the ****er wasn't getting a chance to do it again.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's shitty that the cops would give grief over that. Unless you're a trained killer, seems like emptying a magazine would be a natural reaction, especially if the guy just shot you. Or as the guy from Unforgiven said, "I don't want to get killed for lack of shooting back."

DeezNutz 11-28-2012 10:07 PM

Sauto with some serious contributions to the thread. Damn, man.

rico 11-28-2012 10:32 PM

This will be a tl;dr for pretty much everyone, but I don't care...I think I may use some of this for my blog someday and can just copy, paste, modify, post when I do.

Ever been shot? No. But bizarrely enough (for a small town, jock Iowan) I have had a gun pulled on me in 5 situations (4 instances, but 1 situation that was repetitive).

1.) Walked into the wrong apartment one time....dude pulled a gun and said he was going to shoot me in the head if I didn't leave. I was just like, "sorry dude!" and sprinted out and didn't even attempt to look any further for the apartment that my friends were hanging out at.

2.) Ever have those drunken stupors where you are thinking about all the sentimental shit and start bawling like a baby? I don't....anymore anyways. Used to every once in a while. When I was like 21, I got stupid wasted on the 4th of July and started thinking about my grandfather who was like a 2nd father to me and lived a mile down the road in the country from me when I grew up, who was having heart troubles at the time. It was like 4 in the morning and in my drunken, sobbing stupor, I convinced my girlfriend (although she really, really didn't want to) to take me to my grandpa's house. My grandpa was the epitome of a worry-wart, so I should've known better, regardless of how drunk and stupid I was. I showed up at his place, crying like a little bitch and he answered the door in a flannel shirt and whitey tighties with a shotgun telling me that if I were attempting to break in and steal something he was going to shoot me in the face. I went from crying to being all wide-eyed and shaken. When he realized it was me, he proceeded to give me a 2-hour long lecture about how bad I scared him and how I was on a road to self-destruction by drinking... He passed away 2 years ago (6 years after this took place) from complications associated with his multiple heart surgeries. I'm sure my appearance at his house in the country at 4 am didn't exactly...."help" his heart situation by any means.

3.) This is the repetitive one. There was this dude we used to buy beer who lived in the "city" (meaning it had a Wal-Mart) in my area. We knew him as "Crazy Carl" and he wasn't exactly the most mentally stable guy in the world. It was a pain in the ass asking him to buy beer from us because he answered the door with a rifle pointed at us through the window EVERY TIME we stopped there. I always tried to avoid going to his place by all means possible, but that was usually our last case scenario, which we unfortunately had to resort to from time to time. He was a really nice guy after he took the damn rifle away from your face. I hated going there though, not only because he answered the door with a rifle, but because his place was gross. He had this 18 year old dog named Puddly who was his best friend. The damn thing deteriorated from old age so badly that it lost almost all of it's hair and grew some sort of cancerous decubitus ulcer that resembled a half-pound hamburger patty. I used to watch that dog mope around the house and rub that damn hamburger patty all over the furniture and then watch my dumbass friends sit or brush up against where the patty had been and I always wanted to vomit in my mouth. Then I would start thinking about all the shit in the house that was somehow in direct or indirect contact with that thing...like if I was grabbed a door handle, I thought about how many times Crazy Carl had petted the dog on the hamburger patty immediately before touching the door handle. Used to gross me out. He used to cuddle with that damn thing. Crazy Carl always made it clear that the dog was his best friend and no matter how bad it's health became, he wasn't ever going to put it down. I was never more happy about the death of a dog than I was when that dog died. In retrospect, I think Crazy Carl answering the door with a rifle was moreso his way of trying to impress us by showing us how intimidating he was, yet nice enough to buy us beer than it was an act of being psychotic. I think he was lonely and the kids who have bought beer from him for years along with his dog have literally been his best "friends" in life.

4.) This one wasn't really a big deal, but it seemed like it at the time, for I was a relatively sheltered 15 year old Freshman in high school. I went to Cedar Rapids, IA to watch my brother wrestle at youth state. We stayed at a hotel on the outskirts of CR. At the hotel, these two girls, 1 of them beautiful, 1 of them a butterface, approached us and wanted to hang out with us. I was ecstatic, for I hadn't even been acknowledged by a female since the beginning of my freshman year which kicked off in awesome fashion by my girlfriend leaving me for the star of the football team. I actually ended up kind of hooking up with the beautiful one while my upperclassmen friend hooked up with the butterface. Anyways, to make a long story short, we ended up walking around the city of Cedar Rapids. These guys in a beat down white car crept by us a few times and on the 3rd or so time, they stopped and the driver rolled down his window and said, "ya'll wanna fight?" I was confused, shaking my head and saying, "umm...no, not really," while my friend (who had qualified and competed in the high school state wrestling tournament a couple weeks prior to this) lifted his middle finger up and yelled back at them, "f*** off, bitches!" Dude in the driver seat put his hand out the window at extended 3 fingers and was like, "oh yeah! Vicelordz is how we rollin'!" My friend yelled back, "**** the Vicelordz and **** you!!" The guy then whipped out a hand gun and said something along the lines of "you still talkin' shit now, motha****a?!" And I started running away with the girls while my friend just stood there and was like, "that's not loaded and your a ****ing dipshit." The dude in the car said something about how if he weren't on parole, he would shoot us all up and then squealed his tires and blazed off and proceeded to creep by us staring daggers 3 or 4 more times before we reached the hotel. I couldn't believe how brave my friend was in that situation, for he had always been so nice and such a golden boy. Was brought up in a strict Christian household as the oldest of 6 siblings. He was valedictorian, a student council member, homecoming king the following year, well liked by everyone and successful in every sport he participated in.....and he participated in freaking soccer of all wuss things. But he was a badass when it came down to it...was like a 3 time state qualifier in wrestling for us and when that ultimate fighting stuff started up in Iowa and you could basically just go to the show up at the bar holding the event, sign up and be set up with a fight (before the place started getting sued), he used to sign up every time without any practice or conditioning, drink heavily and fight....he probably did that 15 times and never even came close to losing a bout. Haven't seen him in years...he ended up joining the Navy and was stationed in Japan. He met his wife there and he has since, established residency there. Every morning when I wake up, he has a new Atheist quote from some scholar posted as his status....his parents have probably disowned him by now.

5) This one was by far the most creeped out I ever was out of all of the gun-pointing situations and it is by far the most creeped out I become when I talk/write about it. It was so...freaking....weird. 3 Summers ago, my fiancée and I went to some wildlife refuge in the middle of nowhere (within miles of gravel roads from each direction) which had a sign that said it had a lake that can be fished, which was perfect because that's what we were looking to do. We pull into the parking lot and there is a beat down pickup truck there. We immediately found the lake, but didn't see anyone there. We found a spot and began fishing and we heard a loud gunshot noise coming from the wooded area next to the lake. A couple minutes later, some guy decked out in camo and carrying a shotgun case, who appeared to be in his late teens or early 20's walked out of the wooded area and along the edge of the dam that we were fishing off and stopped about 20 feet away from us and just started staring at us with an odd, glazed expression on his face. I waved at him nonchalantly and he didn't even acknowledge me. Just kept standing there, staring at me with that eery, emotionless expression on his face with his shotgun case in hand. After a couple minutes of him staring at us and my fiancée and I standing there silently thinking to ourselves, "WTF?!?!" he began walking again and strolled right past us and crawled through a gate which was about 15 feet away from us. After he crawled through the gate, he took his gun out of the case and started doinking around with it....cocking it and what not. He did this for a minute or two (while my fiancée and I are shaking in our boots) before proceeding to point the gun directly at us and gazing through the scope. My fiancée, panic-stricken, broke down and silently squealed under her breath, "omg Josh, wtf is he doing?!" In my own panic, my initial reaction was to walk up to the guy and attempt to build a rapport with him. To this day, I have no idea where this fear came from, for I was scared shitless. I figured that doing this was my impulsive method of persuading him not to murder us, if that was in fact, what he had in mind...which I don't know why else he would be behaving the way he was. I approached him with enthusiasm and was like, "hey man how's it going?!? You been catchin' any fish over here?!? This is our first time here!! You ever have any luck here?!" As mentioned, he looked to be in his late teens, early 20's, 6'0 tall, skinny build, brown hair, brown eyes, moderately sunken cheeks and abrasions that appeared consistent with the scabs that chronic meth users acquire. Worst of all was his expression. He seemed to be staring through me with a glazed, emotionless, creepy expression on his face. His gun had been pointed at me the entire time while I walked towards him, but when I began speaking to him, he slowly put his gun down and in back in the case and replied softly, "ummm... ummm.. I don't really know. Maybe there is some bass." I responded, "ahh cool dude!!! That's what we're going for!!" I continued to B-S with him about how the fish were biting. He appeared to snap out of whatever mental funk he was in and told me he had to leave and started walking towards his truck which was in the parking lot. I walked back towards my fiancée, who was on the verge of having a nervous breakdown and advised her to try to remain cool and continue as if nothing occurred until this creep left the parking lot. Within a few minutes, I caught a bullfrog of all things. Almost immediately after catching the bullfrog, I heard my fiancee whispering frantically, "omg Josh, he's coming back! Omg, omg, omg, what are we going to do?! Omg!!" I turned my head to the right and towards the parking lot and see him walking towards the gate with his gun in his case. He crawled through the gate and began slowly walking along the dam towards us. I impulsively grabbed my pole and attempted to build a rapport again. I blurted with enthusiasm, "hey dude, I caught a bullfrog!! It was funny!" He didn't respond. He maintained his cold, glossy stare and continued walking slowly towards us. When he was within a foot or so of us, he said softly, "I see you guys are using spinners. If I were you, I would be using worms." I replied, "ahh, shucks man! We don't have any worms!!! Wish we did!!!" The guy responded, "you guys aren't going to catch anything in this lake without worms. Only worms work. If I were you, I'd leave and go buy some worms and go to a different spot." As he began walking towards the wooded area, I said, "ya know, that's a great idea!! I think we may have all kinds of luck using worms in a farm pond or something!! The only thing that seems to be biting in this spot seems to be the bullfrogs!!" I nudged the bullfrog towards him with a sheepish smile on my face as he continued to walk towards the wooded area without responding to or acknowledging me. My fiancée and I silently packed our gear and began walking towards the gate. The sooner we could get the **** out of there, the better. We crawled through the gate and I looked back to see what the home-boy was up to. He made it to the wooded area and stopped and was in the process of taking his gun out of his case again. I thought to myself, "oh good God, what in the hell is this guy going to do?" My fiancée began rapidly, but softly whimpering as we continued to walk from the gate towards our jeep. After this guy took the gun out of it's case, he pointed the shotgun at us AGAIN. I nodded at him and waved as if I didn't notice that he was pointing a shotgun at us as if I were non-verbally communicating the message of "good bye" to him. He didn't respond. Just stood there at the edge of the wooded area pointing the gun at us. My fiancée and I, somehow kept enough of our cool to refrain from running and continue walking. He didn't put the gun down until we were within 50 feet or so of our vehicle. In my life, I have found myself stuck in some uncomfortable situations provoked by the odd or erratic behavior(s) of other people, but nothing has ever given me the creeps like that guy at the lake. Makes me wonder what the shot blast that we heard when we first arrived was directed towards. I've thought, maybe he was poaching and didn't want to turn us in? I don't know.

SAUTO 11-28-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9160501)
Sauto with some serious contributions to the thread. Damn, man.

I used to run hard.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 11-28-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9160498)
That's shitty that the cops would give grief over that. Unless you're a trained killer, seems like emptying a magazine would be a natural reaction, especially if the guy just shot you. Or as the guy from Unforgiven said, "I don't want to get killed for lack of shooting back."

took him over a year to get his gun back from the police
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus 11-28-2012 11:42 PM

Dude, that last story was weird as shit...

But on a lighter note, tell me more about this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9160541)
I actually ended up kind of hooking up with the beautiful one while my upperclassmen friend hooked up with the butterface.

LMAO

rico 11-28-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9160677)

LMAO

At the time, she was like this:

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsH/8134-5456.gif

and I was like this:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...lQXruygPSFui9m

She actually talked to me, man!!! By that time my Freshman year, I had become used to that not happening.

KurtCobain 11-29-2012 12:02 AM

Numbers three and five were my favorites, Rico.

Youre an interesting blogger.

TimeForWasp 11-29-2012 12:09 AM

I stuck a steel dart in my cousins knee cap because he dared me, and when I threw it , he didn't move his knee and it stuck in the knee cap bone very solidly.

Bump 11-29-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9160456)
LMAO Gotta hear that story..

very drunk, sticking up for some girl who's boyfriend beat her. I wanted to tap that fine crazy ass so bad, but I fought the guy, this guy defines white trash, he's the stereotype. He charged me, I was bigger so I slammed him to the ground, got him in a headlock and started pounding his face. Then some guy came with a flashlight lol and we stopped.

a bunch of cops came, I explained to them what happened and they let me walk, I'm guessing they have been to that house before for domestic disputes.

I didn't even know I was bit, I was piss drunk and it was freezing out and I was wearing a t shirt. Woke up the next morning, looked at my arm and was like what is the **** is that. He got me inside my bicep. I saw the bite marks and was like, that ****er bit me! It was pusy and bruised and nasty looking. Had to go get some anti biotics.

KurtCobain 11-29-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9160726)
I stuck a steel dart in my cousins knee cap because he dared me, and when I threw it , he didn't move his knee and it stuck in the knee cap bone very solidly.

Hospital visit?

rico 11-29-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9160677)

LMAO

Lol, to answer your question honestly though:

First time I had ever gotten to 2nd base. :thumb: And I had a gf all through 8th grade until the beginning of Freshman year....and I was too scared to even kiss her. And as mentioned, she left me for the star of the football team who was a Junior at the time... Within 2 weeks of them dating, I heard she was ****ing him....Ugh, it made me so jealous and I couldn't do shit about it. Spent one year waiting for her to make a move on me because I was too scared to make a move on her, just to break up so she can have sex with some other cooler dude within a couple weeks of meeting him. I became pretty good friends with the dude when I was a Sophomore and he was a Senior and he confirmed that not only did he have sex with her within the first week of dating, but he got a BJ from her the night we broke up.

But yeah, 2nd base type stuff with the girl that weekend...and I don't know how. She was so hot and that is like...the ugliest I've ever been. I had a bowl cut, had acne pretty bad (the type where you get the goose-eggs all over your face) and I was wearing freaking corduroys. She was watching her brother wrestle at state as well and our bros were in the same weight bracket, which was nice since each age group/weight wrestled on the same mat throughout the tourney so I was able to sit with her the entire time and did what little we could underneath our coats in the upper-deck seats...which wasn't much, but was a LOT for me at the time. Lol, then when we went home, I was all bent out of shape. I was probably just some minor fling to her, but I had gotten so little attention from ladies around that time, that I thought I was in love. Was all pathetic and heart-broken and there was no facebook to keep in touch with. :) Funny thing was my ex (who was still with football stud) heard about me messing around with that girl and I heard she became pretty pissed off because she figured I must have thought that girl was much hotter than her because I never made a move on her in a year and she assumed that it took me one night to make a move on that girl. Which in reality, it was her that made the moves on me....I was scared shitless and timid around chicks at that age and she thought it was cute/funny. In retrospect, I'm guessing she was probably a hot slut-bag, hoochie-mama...but I was convinced we were in love. LMAO

ThaVirus 11-29-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9160737)
Lol, to answer your question honestly though:

First time I had ever gotten to 2nd base. :thumb: And I had a gf all through 8th grade until the beginning of Freshman year....and I was too scared to even kiss her. And as mentioned, she left me for the star of the football team who was a Junior at the time... Within 2 weeks of them dating, I heard she was ****ing him....Ugh, it made me so jealous and I couldn't do shit about it. Spent one year waiting for her to make a move on me because I was too scared to make a move on her, just to break up so she can have sex with some other cooler dude within a couple weeks of meeting him. I became pretty good friends with the dude when I was a Sophomore and he was a Senior and he confirmed that not only did he have sex with her within the first week of dating, but he got a BJ from her the night we broke up.

But yeah, 2nd base type stuff with the girl that weekend...and I don't know how. She was so hot and that is like...the ugliest I've ever been. I had a bowl cut, had acne pretty bad (the type where you get the goose-eggs all over your face) and I was wearing freaking corduroys. She was watching her brother wrestle at state as well and our bros were in the same weight bracket, which was nice since each age group/weight wrestled on the same mat throughout the tourney so I was able to sit with her the entire time and did what little we could underneath our coats in the upper-deck seats...which wasn't much, but was a LOT for me at the time. Lol, then when we went home, I was all bent out of shape. I was probably just some minor fling to her, but I had gotten so little attention from ladies around that time, that I thought I was in love. Was all pathetic and heart-broken and there was no facebook to keep in touch with. :) Funny thing was my ex (who was still with football stud) heard about me messing around with that girl and I heard she became pretty pissed off because she figured I must have thought that girl was much hotter than her because I never made a move on her in a year and she assumed that it took me one night to make a move on that girl. Which in reality, it was her that made the moves on me....I was scared shitless and timid around chicks at that age and she thought it was cute/funny. In retrospect, I'm guessing she was probably a hot slut-bag, hoochie-mama...but I was convinced we were in love. LMAO

LMAO Dude, you have some good ass stories.

Titty Meat 11-29-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9160324)
Yep. They tried to car jack me the summer after high school.

Took one to the chest and stomped on the gas. Car took twelve more.

Hurt like ****ing hell.

A year later I took one to the thigh of my right leg. Tried to rob me for my stash. Didn't get shit from me though,
Posted via Mobile Device

Where the **** did you live? The hood?

rico 11-29-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9160718)
Numbers three and five were my favorites, Rico.

Youre an interesting blogger.

You found ricoswaff.com? How'd ya find it? And thanks! The last two entries are total shit....basically just some filler with these dorky ass videos that my baby brothers made...wanted to keep the traffic flowing and my SEO stuff relevant. I haven't consistently updated for a while, but am thinking about getting back in to it...reasons being a combination of having 2 kids within a year and a half, trying to maintain a more professional reputation, being lazy...and honestly, creating an account at CP has changed things. Once I joined here and was welcomed in "entrance to concentration camp" fashion by the n00b bashers, I started reading a lot of peoples' posts on here more closely and started picking up on how much more flawed my writing was than I originally thought. So I decided to sit back for a while, but have had the urge to get back into it. I never was one to prioritize the proper mechanics of writing over the ability to simply tell/write a story and make it interesting...so I don't know why I would start doing so now. The blog was doing pretty well there for a while...couple years ago. On various blog-traffic tracking sites, it was consistently in the top 10 out of all humor blogs. I just checked it a few seconds ago and on idle, with me not doing anything with it for over a year it is #73 on blogrankings.com and #113 on blogtoplist (out of thousands registered), which I'm pretty happy with. What sucks about it is the freaking promotion.... It is such a pain trying to gain traffic to a humor blog for you on top of learning how to operate and maintain a blog, you have to a.) become very web savvy in terms of SEO, design, plug-ins, analytics/webmaster tools, etc., b.) promote yourself like some ridiculous dreamer-blogger whore bastard dumbass and c.) comment on other blogs that are in the humor genre that you have no interest in, but it links their readers to your site, which sucks because most humor blogs suck. Most of them are interchangeable. You have your "Mommy" bloggers who are trying to copy Jenny from thebloggess.com, shock-bloggers who's primary emphasis is to be gross to the point of absurdity and it usually ends up just being ridiculous and even a bunch of Perez Hilton wannabe's. I have a blogroll on the right hand side of my site...it's supposed to be good for traffic, like a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" type of thing. There are like 20 of them and I'm not kidding, I hate pretty much every single one of them. Yet they blogrolled me and their readers stumble on my page through their site so reciprocation is generally expected. I'm about to just say, "**** it" and neglect the "rules" and take every stupid one of them off of my blogroll. I didn't start blogging so I can read other blogs. Dumb...dumb...dumb.

Lol, sorry for the irrelevant, ramble-happy post. It's been a while since I've talked "blogging" as dorky as that sounds. :rolleyes:

Phobia 11-29-2012 01:17 AM

I try not to get close enough to get shot by people who want to shoot me. But I did almost get blowed up once. I'm 20 years old carrying an m-16 riding in a HumVee. Out of 50 vehicles in the convoy, I have the 2nd largest weapon. We're rolling up on a Kuwait air base that was supposed to have been cleared. It has not been cleared. Oh.... and I had just turned 20 that day. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for hootie, I lived.

Sorter 11-29-2012 01:17 AM

Rico, you watch the all-star dual yet?

rico 11-29-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9160742)
LMAO Dude, you have some good ass stories.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pu...dhall_1470.jpg

Thanks mang!

bricks 11-29-2012 01:18 AM

Never been shot.

I was stabbed in the leg though with a lead pencil. Boy did it ****ing hurt.

Phobia 11-29-2012 01:43 AM

If I quoted about 17 posts on this thread with "tl;dr" would I get shot?

rico 11-29-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9160788)
Rico, you watch the all-star dual yet?

No I haven't, been consumed with college (back at it after a dumb decision to major in Psych) and my younger brothers' (13 and 15 years old) wrestling stuff. I did hear a bit about it from one of our assistant coaches, primarily the Dake vs. Taylor match. Our assistant coach's son (Adam Drain, a junior this year) is a multiple Roller/Cliff Keen/Tulsa (whatever it is) triple crown award. They have hit all of those since Adam was like 5 years old and have brought many teammates including my brothers on multiple occasions. Anyways, Taylor used to wrestle in those when Adam was younger and during that time, the Drain's and Taylor's have become good friends. Anyways, he was going on about Taylor vs. Dake at the All-Star meet and was telling everyone a play by play about what Taylor's dad told him. My bro Shea is one of 3 Freshman ranked in the preseason state rankings that came out yesterday, so that was cool to see. However, he is having a battle just to make varsity. He is at the lowest weight (106) and there is a log-jam of talent at that weight and 113. The guy who does the rankings must have just figured Shea would be the Mepo varsity cat or simply just had to choose one or the other when doing the rankings. At that weight, there is Shea, a freshman, multiple state place-winner, 2012 Midwest Nationals champion, 2 time USA state champion and another kid who is has won state 3 times. Wrestle-offs are this week and Shea won the first one, 2-0 yesterday, but was beaten in OT today, 6-4. It's a best of three system to earn the varsity spot, so tomorrow will be the decisive match. I am nervous as hell to say the least and my dad is simply a train-wreck... My 7th grade brother, Brennan, who is so far, the most accomplished of the two (5 time state champ, 3 time triple crown winner for winning folkstyle, freestyle and Greco state in same year, etc, etc, etc, is 14-0 in dual meet action this year with 13 pins. The one match that wasn't a pin, was an 8-0 win over a kid who weighs 118 (Brennan weighs 96). Out of the 13 pins, only 1 made it past the 3rd period. He's on a roll right now. Ironically, I think he's wrestling in the Park Hill duals this coming weekend in Kansas City for the DC Elite team. Kansas City is like 8 hours from where we live, so I thought it was pretty cool that he'll be wrestling there considering he and I are both Chiefs fans in an area where there aren't many Chiefs fans. I may end up going to it...would be my 2nd time ever in Kansas City.

Lol, so that's what's going on the wrestling world for me. How about you?

rico 11-29-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9160828)
If I quoted about 17 posts on this thread with "tl;dr" would I get shot?

tl; dr

Jk. I wouldn't shoot you...I understand not wanting to read some of these. :)

Sorter 11-29-2012 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9160873)
No I haven't, been consumed with college (back at it after a dumb decision to major in Psych) and my younger brothers' (13 and 15 years old) wrestling stuff. I did hear a bit about it from one of our assistant coaches, primarily the Dake vs. Taylor match. Our assistant coach's son (Adam Drain, a junior this year) is a multiple Roller/Cliff Keen/Tulsa (whatever it is) triple crown award. They have hit all of those since Adam was like 5 years old and have brought many teammates including my brothers on multiple occasions. Anyways, Taylor used to wrestle in those when Adam was younger and during that time, the Drain's and Taylor's have become good friends. Anyways, he was going on about Taylor vs. Dake at the All-Star meet and was telling everyone a play by play about what Taylor's dad told him. My bro Shea is one of 3 Freshman ranked in the preseason state rankings that came out yesterday, so that was cool to see. However, he is having a battle just to make varsity. He is at the lowest weight (106) and there is a log-jam of talent at that weight and 113. The guy who does the rankings must have just figured Shea would be the Mepo varsity cat or simply just had to choose one or the other when doing the rankings. At that weight, there is Shea, a freshman, multiple state place-winner, 2012 Midwest Nationals champion, 2 time USA state champion and another kid who is has won state 3 times. Wrestle-offs are this week and Shea won the first one, 2-0 yesterday, but was beaten in OT today, 6-4. It's a best of three system to earn the varsity spot, so tomorrow will be the decisive match. I am nervous as hell to say the least and my dad is simply a train-wreck... My 7th grade brother, Brennan, who is so far, the most accomplished of the two (5 time state champ, 3 time triple crown winner for winning folkstyle, freestyle and Greco state in same year, etc, etc, etc, is 14-0 in dual meet action this year with 13 pins. The one match that wasn't a pin, was an 8-0 win over a kid who weighs 118 (Brennan weighs 96). Out of the 13 pins, only 1 made it past the 3rd period. He's on a roll right now. Ironically, I think he's wrestling in the Park Hill duals this coming weekend in Kansas City for the DC Elite team. Kansas City is like 8 hours from where we live, so I thought it was pretty cool that he'll be wrestling there considering he and I are both Chiefs fans in an area where there aren't many Chiefs fans. I may end up going to it...would be my 2nd time ever in Kansas City.

Lol, so that's what's going on the wrestling world for me. How about you?

Well, ****. Typically I go to the PHDuals but can't make it this year. Great competition usually.

I watched the Taylor/Dake match. Dake looked loads bigger but I think Taylor wins at the NCAAs. Leg attacks are too diverse and will open up more in the finals IMO.

Phobia 11-29-2012 02:29 AM

Sorry rico. I wasn't talking to you expressly - only about 80%.

rico 11-29-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9160878)
Well, ****. Typically I go to the PHDuals but can't make it this year. Great competition usually.

I watched the Taylor/Dake match. Dake looked loads bigger but I think Taylor wins at the NCAAs. Leg attacks are too diverse and will open up more in the finals IMO.

Who are you more of a fan of between the two?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9160879)
Sorry rico. I wasn't talking to you expressly - only about 80%.

http://snakkle.wpengine.netdna-cdn.c...e-photo-GC.jpg

2A Iowans aren't supposed to say mean things to each other like that, Phobia.

Phobia 11-29-2012 02:59 AM

Heh. Believe it or not, we were 4A. Yeah. 500 students in the entire HS puts you in the second largest class.

Sorter 11-29-2012 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9160895)
Who are you more of a fan of between the two?

http://snakkle.wpengine.netdna-cdn.c...e-photo-GC.jpg

2A Iowans aren't supposed to say mean things to each other like that, Phobia.

I really like Taylor's style offensively from the feet and on top. I love Dake's scrambling ability, throws, and defense. I guess that I'd have to choose Taylor but both are awesome.

rico 11-29-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9160898)
Heh. Believe it or not, we were 4A. Yeah. 500 students in the entire HS puts you in the second largest class.

Oh...that's weird. I'm confused now. Were you on a relay team that defeated one of Mepo's stud team? I thought it was at state, but it must have been at Drake Relays or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9160900)
I really like Taylor's style offensively from the feet and on top. I love Dake's scrambling ability, throws, and defense. I guess that I'd have to choose Taylor but both are awesome.

Yeah, I hear ya. To be honest, although our assistant coach is friends with the Taylor family, I don't know them personally....with that said, I am more of a Dake fan...basically for the reasons you mentioned. I like that style of wrestling.

rico 11-29-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9160878)

I was wrong about the date. Evidently we are going to Wisconsin this weekend and Park Hill next week. Both my bros wrestled in it last year, but I couldn't make it. Pretty well run tourney?

gblowfish 11-29-2012 12:14 PM

If BB Guns count, then yes. Got into many BB Gun fights as a teenager. Getting shot in the chest hurts like a mofo. Stupid things we do when we are young.

Never shot by an actual bullet, thank goodness. Although I had one whizz by me in a bar one night a long long time ago.

Iowanian 11-29-2012 12:22 PM

Does it count as being shot if your lady friend pulls her head out of the way in a defensive measure at a bad time?

Phobia 11-29-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9160946)
Oh...that's weird. I'm confused now. Were you on a relay team that defeated one of Mepo's stud team? I thought it was at state, but it must have been at Drake Relays or something.

It was at districts and state. Must have been in a freaky year in which you guys were up a class and we were down and we met at 3A. Those boys were fast though. I always remember them putting up a close race.

rico 11-29-2012 12:39 PM

Do the names Aaron Egbert, Bo Russel, Ryan Hassett or Darren Steffener ring a bell at all? I think they were state champs 4x100 one year. Aaron Egbert is a Mediapolis legend....won multiple individual and relay state titles, was a decent football player and was able to bench press 225% of his weight, a Mepo record.

Kclee 11-29-2012 12:55 PM

Unfortunatly, yes. / Frazods Fridge

Radar Chief 11-29-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9161547)
If BB Guns count, then yes. Got into many BB Gun fights as a teenager. Getting shot in the chest hurts like a mofo. Stupid things we do when we are young.

Never shot by an actual bullet, thank goodness. Although I had one whizz by me in a bar one night a long long time ago.

Used to get into bb gun wars too but that was before paintballs became big. If we had access to paintballs we’d have been doing that instead.