ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Should SOC fly a banner over the final game? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267346)

Hammock Parties 12-04-2012 08:13 AM

I actually think that's great.

IF PIOLI RETURNS, SO DO WE.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-04-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9179331)
I actually think that's great.

IF PIOLI RETURNS, SO DO WE.

This could be interpreted as we, the fans, will return if Pioli does.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-04-2012 08:16 AM

We need to fly 2 banners!

:D

durtyrute 12-04-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9178160)
The banners will stop when Pioli is fired.

This is another threat and not a very good one at that. I really don't think Clark or Pioli care about the banners. It's not like they are wasting their money on them.

Hammock Parties 12-04-2012 08:24 AM

PIOLI LIED, BELCHER DIED

Hammock Parties 12-04-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9179346)
This is another threat and not a very good one at that. I really don't think Clark or Pioli care about the banners. It's not like they are wasting their money on them.

I guarantee you they care about the banners.

They make the organization look like a ****ing joke.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

I would rather waste my money on a banner than the product they are selling me.

wazu 12-04-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

It's not a threat. It's an obvious statement of fact. The whole SOC thing is going to pretty much drop off a cliff once Pioli is fired. But that hasn't happened yet, so why stop?

I actually think it's more important than ever to send a message that NOTHING has changed. Otherwise it just looks like we're cool now, and that keeping Pioli is somehow understandable to us given all he's been through.

Vegas_Dave 12-04-2012 09:05 AM

We Still Need Change - SaveOurChiefs.com

patteeu 12-04-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave (Post 9179433)

I like.

suds79 12-04-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave (Post 9179433)

I 2nd this.

Predarat 12-04-2012 09:19 AM

Hell yes. FIRE PIOLI YESTERDAY!

htismaqe 12-04-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9179404)
It's not a threat. It's an obvious statement of fact. The whole SOC thing is going to pretty much drop off a cliff once Pioli is fired. But that hasn't happened yet, so why stop?

I actually think it's more important than ever to send a message that NOTHING has changed. Otherwise it just looks like we're cool now, and that keeping Pioli is somehow understandable to us given all he's been through.

As long as everybody is prepared to deal with the potential backlash, I say go for it.

My only concern is that the dissent we saw before (aka All Caps DEB) was tiny in comparison to what might happen in the wake of the Belcher incident.

BlackHelicopters 12-04-2012 10:10 AM

Voted no, but I have no say.

Nightfyre 12-04-2012 10:11 AM

I voted no. At this point, Clark will either make the right choice or not. The banner will not likely have an impact at this point.

Rasputin 12-04-2012 10:32 AM

DRAFT GENO SMITH @ SAVEOURCHIEFS

If anything we need a message to get us a QBotf with our first pick of the draft.

philfree 12-04-2012 10:37 AM

I guess a good question would how will flying another banner effect the players? How's Jamal Charles going to feel about? I believe SOC statement has been heard and under the circumstances it's time to cease and desist. If not it's just going to look like a bunch of insensitive assholes who have lost their class. It was a pretty classy movement but flying another banner will take away from that.

That's my $.02 worth.

Chiefnj2 12-04-2012 10:58 AM

There is a much, much greater chance that the SOC movement comes off looking bad and insensitive than any benefit in flying a banner.

Clark isn't going to change his mind one way or the other if a final banner flies.

Marco Polo 12-04-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9179657)
DRAFT GENO SMITH @ SAVEOURCHIEFS

If anything we need a message to get us a QBotf with our first pick of the draft.

This. The heat has been on Pioli. Let's focus on our QB.

Lex Luthor 12-04-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9179601)
As long as everybody is prepared to deal with the potential backlash, I say go for it.

My only concern is that the dissent we saw before (aka All Caps DEB) was tiny in comparison to what might happen in the wake of the Belcher incident.

What is the potential backlash that you envision?

Bub 12-04-2012 11:03 AM

I wouldn't do it. The story will turn on the fans if you do. Honestly, I am blown away that the majority want to do it. I can't believe you are even considering it. I think it shows how out of touch with reality the fans here are. Any banner will make you look crazy on a national scale.

jAZ 12-04-2012 11:06 AM

What happened to the idea/plan for donating the balance of the money to a fund for the Jovan's daughter?

Chiefnj2 12-04-2012 11:19 AM

If Clark needs the fans to provide counsel that the team needs a QB then the franchise is doomed. If he isn't aware of it yet, he never will be.

Lprechaun 12-04-2012 11:19 AM

Too bad there isnt room to be supportive of the players yet at the same time give that one last punch to Pioli

durtyrute 12-04-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9179730)
There is a much, much greater chance that the SOC movement comes off looking bad and insensitive than any benefit in flying a banner.

Clark isn't going to change his mind one way or the other if a final banner flies.

This

durtyrute 12-04-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bub (Post 9179743)
I wouldn't do it. The story will turn on the fans if you do. Honestly, I am blown away that the majority want to do it. I can't believe you are even considering it. I think it shows how out of touch with reality the fans here are. Any banner will make you look crazy on a national scale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9179758)
What happened to the idea/plan for donating the balance of the money to a fund for the Jovan's daughter?

those

Sorter 12-04-2012 11:38 AM

I already voted but I'll probably have a better opinion of it in a few weeks.

patteeu 12-04-2012 11:48 AM

It's not classless for the Chiefs to continue to play games in the wake of the tragedy. It shouldn't be considered classless for Clark Hunt to fire the coach or the GM after the season despite what they went through. It won't be considered classless when advertisers continue to sell their services/merchandise throughout Arrowhead and on TV during the game.

If everyone else can get back to business, it shouldn't be considered classless if SOC gets back to business too. Just make sure the banner isn't something inflammatory like "BELCHER COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE AND NEITHER CAN WE - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM" or something exploitative like "WE GRIEVE FOR ZOE - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM". It's probably unnecessary to mention PIOLI or CRENNEL by name too.

Red Beans 12-04-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9179911)
It's not classless for the Chiefs to continue to play games in the wake of the tragedy. It shouldn't be considered classless for Clark Hunt to fire the coach or the GM after the season despite what they went through. It won't be considered classless when advertisers continue to sell their services/merchandise throughout Arrowhead and on TV during the game.

If everyone else can get back to business, it shouldn't be considered classless if SOC gets back to business too. Just make sure the banner isn't something inflammatory like "BELCHER COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE AND NEITHER CAN WE - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM" or something exploitative like "WE GRIEVE FOR ZOE - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM". It's probably unnecessary to mention PIOLI or CRENNEL by name too.

Well said. I couldn't agree more...

chiefzilla1501 12-04-2012 12:02 PM

I feel like SOC needs to continue to put pressure, but in different ways. I read on the Facebook wall that there should be more grassroots efforts (e.g. letter writing campaigns to Clark Hunt) that are polite but tough. I also still believe this should be moving toward a more "don't you miss the old Arrowhead" approach (e.g. what happened to player radio shows, banners at Arrowhead, public community appearances, etc...). That changes the tone to "we still love our Chiefs and our players, and we don't understand why our GM distances us from them." That's a good message that shows we still support our players, but are pissed at the way our GM has made Arrowhead so sterile.

patteeu 12-04-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9179948)
I feel like SOC needs to continue to put pressure, but in different ways. I read on the Facebook wall that there should be more grassroots efforts (e.g. letter writing campaigns to Clark Hunt) that are polite but tough. I also still believe this should be moving toward a more "don't you miss the old Arrowhead" approach (e.g. what happened to player radio shows, banners at Arrowhead, public community appearances, etc...). That changes the tone to "we still love our Chiefs and our players, and we don't understand why our GM distances us from them." That's a good message that shows we still support our players, but are pissed at the way our GM has made Arrowhead so sterile.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Here's an idea for a final game banner:

WRITE A LETTER TO MR. HUNT - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

And then have info on the front page of the website like an address, ideas about what kinds of letters to write, maybe even downloadable templates or the ability to write a letter online and send it through the website.

htismaqe 12-04-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9179911)
It shouldn't be considered classless for Clark Hunt to fire the coach or the GM after the season despite what they went through.

It SHOULDN'T be.

But it WILL be.

The only question remaining is how loud the backlash will be.

Graystoke 12-04-2012 12:35 PM

I voted yes. But the message needs to be positive.

patteeu 12-04-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9179977)
It SHOULDN'T be.

But it WILL be.

The only question remaining is how loud the backlash will be.

No it won't be. Your fear is unjustified, IMO.

htismaqe 12-04-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9180262)
No it won't be. Your fear is unjustified, IMO.

I have been listening to the radio pretty much non-stop since Saturday. I've heard several hosts and caller after caller say that firing Romeo and Pioli after this is cold and heartless.

There will be people that see this as classless - there ALREADY ARE people that see it that way.

The question remains as to how many people that will be.

TLO 12-04-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bub (Post 9179743)

3 posts and this guy is banned. ROFL

Exoter175 12-04-2012 01:47 PM

I'm all for a supportive banner like, "We support our players-SOC"

Hammock Parties 12-04-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9180280)
I have been listening to the radio pretty much non-stop since Saturday. I've heard several hosts and caller after caller say that firing Romeo and Pioli after this is cold and heartless.

There will be people that see this as classless - there ALREADY ARE people that see it that way.

The question remains as to how many people that will be.

And if Clark has already made up his mind it won't matter one bit.

And in my mind what has happened will only ENCOURAGE him to fire them both.

The franchise needs to distance itself from this era as FAR AS POSSIBLE.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-04-2012 02:04 PM

National media is cheering for the Chiefs to find success in the last qtr of the season.

No way Clark fires them now.

Jimmy the Greek 12-04-2012 02:04 PM

I just don't want chiefs fans to get any more negative references this year. I think Clark is going to do whatever he wants and really not sure he will listen either way

ptlyon 12-04-2012 03:00 PM

Donate whatever is leftover to the fund set up for the little girl.

Or create our own.

Rausch 12-04-2012 03:03 PM

The chiefs strapped on helmets and played the next game.

Life goes on.

I would love to see us use the SOC money for that newborn though. We could push $$$ through a number of charities but when given the opportunity to directly help a person we should take it...

okoye35chiefs 12-04-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9180552)

Or create our own.

this is awesome

:clap:

ILChief 12-04-2012 03:06 PM

If the chiefs, nfl, and players set up a fund for the girl she will be set financially. I think donating to a women's shelter would be a better use of funds

ptlyon 12-04-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9180576)
If the chiefs, nfl, and players set up a fund for the girl she will be set financially. I think donating to a women's shelter would be a better use of funds

Then donate it to the ones in nebraska, funds are probably low after sunday

Steron 12-04-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Or create our own.

I like this. At least the money would stay in the Chiefs family.

Phobia 12-04-2012 03:20 PM

SOC already promised money to a local charity. The Belcher girl is going to be well cared for by current Chiefs players, family, the Hunts, NFLPA, and other folks who decide to put money towards her fund. The grand or so that will be left in the SOC banner fund at the end of the year isn't going to impact that little girl either way but it might make a difference for little boys and girls who weren't born with the silver spoon of the NFL.

htismaqe 12-04-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9180608)
SOC already promised money to a local charity. The Belcher girl is going to be well cared for by current Chiefs players, family, the Hunts, NFLPA, and other folks who decide to put money towards her fund. The grand or so that will be left in the SOC banner fund at the end of the year isn't going to impact that little girl either way but it might make a difference for little boys and girls who weren't born with the silver spoon of the NFL.

This.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-04-2012 04:21 PM

Y'all are missing something here.

Flash forward to March 6, 2013. It' just another typical off-season day. Romeo Drives into the practice facility. Parks his car and has a flashback to Belcher ending his own life. Now move onto March 7, 2013 and the same thing occurs.

The point is this: What Romeo and Scott witnessed is a life-changing event and every day they are at the facility will be a haunting memory they can never escape. Smart money suggests both resign and everyone in the league from owners to personnel men to the media will totally understand why.

I just don't see how both want to continue in KC after this season.

Spott 12-04-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9180735)

Flash forward to March 6, 2013. It' just another typical off-season day. Romeo Drives into the practice facility. Parks his car and has a flashback to Belcher ending his own life. Now move onto March 7, 2013 and the same thing occurs.

The point is this: What Romeo and Scott witnessed is a life-changing event and every day they are at the facility will be a haunting memory they can never escape. Smart money suggests both resign and everyone in the league from owners to personnel men to the media will totally understand why.

We couldn't be that lucky. Chiefs fans never, ever, ever get that lucky. These guys need to be forced out with every possible effort. These bums get paid millions to do absolutely nothing for this team. One bad day isn't going to change anything for these losers.

Hammock Parties 12-04-2012 05:09 PM

I agree with Marty.

Not only do these guys have to go to work in a place they are both disliked, they are under a tremendous amount of stress after failing this year, may possibly be relying on a rookie QB to save their jobs, and get to walk through a place where they watched a guy die every day.

One of them is 65 years old. The other can walk away loaded down with Hunt money.

Why would they stay?

The burden is heavy at this point. They need not carry it. No one will praise them for it.

Spott 12-04-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9180844)
Why would they stay?

Because one has a giant ego because he happened to draft a great QB(after passing him over 5 times and who only got to play because Bledsoe got hurt) and the other one will never get another coaching job in this league if he retires and will insist on getting forced out.

htismaqe 12-04-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9180854)
Because one has a giant ego because he happened to draft a great QB(after passing him over 5 times and who only got to play because Bledsoe got hurt) and the other one will never get another coaching job in this leauge if he retires and will insist on getting forced out.

Um, him RETIRING implies he doesn't WANT another coaching job in this league.

He's 65 years old.

htismaqe 12-04-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9180735)

While I agree that both of them are going to be haunted by this for the rest of their lives, I don't believe them stepping away is going to be that quick and quiet.

Strongside 12-04-2012 05:20 PM

"WE STILL LOVE OUR CHIEFS-SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM"

Says shit still isn't good, but it's still supportive of the players/coaches regardless of how bad things are. And let's be honest...with everything that happens with this team, they're still our team. They may not win, but the guys on this team have been through a lot.

Spott 12-04-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9180863)
Um, him RETIRING implies he doesn't WANT another coaching job in this league.

He's 65 years old.

If he retires, he'd just retire from the Chiefs and end up somewhere else as an assistant within a year. He won't leave voluntarily unless he has something else lined up.

KurtCobain 12-04-2012 05:21 PM

I agree with the guys that think there will be a mutual parting at the end of the year. As pointed out Romeo is of retiring age. My grandma went into retiring age thinking she could work well into her 70s, but that didn't happen because she faced a year in her career much like Romeos. Failure by her entire staff, and a tramatic real life event at work, ala belcher. There comes an age when a year like this sends you to the beach.

And Pioli is a smart enough guy to know enough is enough, it's time to step away. Job just didnt work out.

wazu 12-04-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9180878)
I agree with the guys that think there will be a mutual parting at the end of the year. As pointed out Romeo is of retiring age. My grandma went into retiring age thinking she could work well into her 70s, but that didn't happen because she faced a year in her career much like Romeos. Failure by her entire staff, and a tramatic real life event at work, ala belcher. There comes an age when a year like this sends you to the beach.

And Pioli is a smart enough guy to know enough is enough, it's time to step away. Job just didnt work out.

ROFL

KurtCobain 12-04-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9180889)
ROFL

Ok, he hasn't shown that thus far, but he can't be stupid enough to stay after all this. It would be bad for his future career.

Spott 12-04-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9180878)

That would be a horrible sight.

wazu 12-04-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9180891)
Ok, he hasn't shown that thus far, but he can't be stupid enough to stay after all this. It would be bad for his future career.

I disagree. He'll fight tooth and nail to hold on. If he gets fired at the end of this season he leaves a team that after four years of his management will have a top 2 or 3 pick in the draft.

If he gets another year he might be able to halfway fix it to look more mediocre than terrible. If he leaves now he has absolutely zero success to point to as a reason that anybody should ever take a chance on him again. He won't go voluntarily.

htismaqe 12-04-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9180877)
If he retires, he'd just retire from the Chiefs and end up somewhere else as an assistant within a year. He won't leave voluntarily unless he has something else lined up.

He'd owe the Chiefs money then.

htismaqe 12-04-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9180891)

You're assuming he even WANTS a future career right now.

No, it's not probable. But it's definitely possible that he's ready to give up on football, at least for a while.

BigRedChief 12-04-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Or create our own.

The Chiefs, players and the NFL have already set up a fund.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-04-2012 06:02 PM

So 70/30...we fly.

BigRedChief 12-04-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9180992)
So 70/30...we fly.

Just make it positive. Nothing anti Pioli.

Draft a QB
Hope springs internal
etc.etc.

There have been several excellent suggestions.

NJChiefsFan 12-04-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9180872)

Says shit still isn't good, but it's still supportive of the players/coaches regardless of how bad things are. And let's be honest...with everything that happens with this team, they're still our team. They may not win, but the guys on this team have been through a lot.

ROFL @ your signature banner. Did Bonekrusher do that for you?

As for Marty's post, while I agree that can happen I am not ready to just wait and hope that's the case. I would like to keep Clark aware that our feelings haven't changed.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-04-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9181002)
Just make it positive. Nothing anti Pioli.

Draft a QB
Hope springs internal
etc.etc.

There have been several excellent suggestions.

FIRE PIOLI - FIRE PIOLI - SAVEOURCHIEFS

htismaqe 12-04-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9181032)

ROFL

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-04-2012 07:50 PM

We'll dial up the pressure in a tasteful way.

My post was simply to point out what the future holds. This could be a time when Clark allows both to resign, pays them and everyone moves on. There's no playbook to operate from in this situation. I just dont see how either or both can stay after seeing what they saw.

Rausch 12-04-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9181266)

This...

BigRedChief 12-04-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9181032)

I agree that is a positive statement despite the dictionary definition.

Nightfyre 12-04-2012 09:24 PM

I think the emphasis should be on change in KC rather than specifically targeting Pioli and RAC. The message is the same but will reflect a whole lot better on the movement.

BourbonMan 12-04-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9179377)
WE STILL LOVE OUR CHIEFS-BUT FIRE PIOLI-SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

I know it's too long..but something along those lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9180872)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9181487)
I think the emphasis should be on change in KC rather than specifically targeting Pioli and RAC. The message is the same but will reflect a whole lot better on the movement.

LOVE OUR CHIEFS-STILL NEED CHANGE

NJChiefsFan 12-04-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9181266)

And this is another reason why I comfortably say keep going without having to explain. I have full trust that it will be done in the right way.

Bump 12-05-2012 12:16 AM

Fire Pioli

keep it nice and simple and strong

acesn8s 12-05-2012 07:08 AM

Yes and it should read "THE SEASON HAS BEEN A MIND BLOWING FAILURE"

the Talking Can 12-05-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 9182054)

my vote

wazu 12-06-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 9182054)

ROFL

Reerun_KC 12-06-2012 08:56 PM

firing pioli gives us hope