ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Lone Ranger trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267563)

DaneMcCloud 07-03-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9790815)
24% by critics, 73% by audiences on Rotten Tomatoes.

I have zero desire to see this. None at all.

The L.A. Times skewered it.

The box office receipts won't harm Johnny's or Verbinski's career but it'll certainly put a dent in Armie Hammer's.

notorious 07-03-2013 02:19 PM

I hope this movie goes down in flames.

They shut down the pass north of Creede to film this piece of shit. I wanted my parents to see how beautiful it is there, BUT NO.

Bowser 07-03-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9790829)
The L.A. Times skewered it.

The box office receipts won't harm Johnny's or Verbinski's career but it'll certainly put a dent in Armie Hammer's.

Just my opinion here, but this movie just feels like a cash grab in the most basic sense. Why make this movie? If there was interest in truly reviving the western genre, wouldn't you want to ride on the coattails of a 3:10 to Yuma instead of digging up an old fossil of a radio/TV show?

And I really couldn't tell you what else Armie Hammer has been in. I know of his name slightly, and that's it. The next Brandon Routh?

tk13 07-03-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9790835)
Just my opinion here, but this movie just feels like a cash grab in the most basic sense. Why make this movie? If there was interest in truly reviving the western genre, wouldn't you want to ride on the coattails of a 3:10 to Yuma instead of digging up an old fossil of a radio/TV show?

And I really couldn't tell you what else Armie Hammer has been in. I know of his name slightly, and that's it. The next Brandon Routh?

He's the Winklevoss twins in the Social Network. Other than that I couldn't tell you anything else he's been in.

Frazod 07-03-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9790832)

They shut down the pass north of Creede to film this piece of shit. I wanted my parents to see how beautiful it is there, BUT NO.

They can go see the movie instead! :D

mr. tegu 07-03-2013 03:19 PM

I am glad that my movie going senses were correct in my initial reaction upon seeing this trailer that it was going to suck.

Deberg_1990 07-03-2013 04:44 PM

Not saying this is going to be anything great, but I'm sensing another media pile on ala John Carter. Depp, Bruckheimer and Disney are easy targets and the media was ready and waiting with the pitch forks.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Lee 07-04-2013 07:39 PM

Went and saw the flick today. Fun movie, nothing deep, had good parts & some bad parts, but mostly just good fun.

Tribal Warfare 07-04-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9793138)
Went and saw the flick today. Fun movie, nothing deep, had good parts & some bad parts, but mostly just good fun.

a family member wants to see this, but I'm hesitant to spend some coin with the poor reviews it's getting

KC_Lee 07-04-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9793144)
a family member wants to see this, but I'm hesitant to spend some coin with the poor reviews it's getting

You have to take it for what it is, a big Hollywood version of an old radio serial and TV show.

There's nothing deep, it's just fun. Not an astounding movie by any means but if you're in the right mind set (aka ready for some brain candy) you'll enjoy it.

Deberg_1990 07-04-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9793144)

Don't let reviewers make a decision for you if you want to see it. I'm gonna go see it tomorrow. I plan on kicking back and enjoying. Not expecting an Oscar contender.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6 07-05-2013 01:42 PM

I knew this would underperform... it suffers from Land of the Lost/Speed Racer syndrome, meaning that the much needed younger audiences havent the faintest idea what in the hell its all about because they've never heard of it in their lives.

The parents know, but the kids could care less.

Chieficus 07-05-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9793149)
You have to take it for what it is, a big Hollywood version of an old radio serial and TV show.

There's nothing deep, it's just fun. Not an astounding movie by any means but if you're in the right mind set (aka ready for some brain candy) you'll enjoy it.

I just saw it and that's what I thought--it's dumb, but it's a fun dumb.

Hammock Parties 07-05-2013 07:28 PM

I heard that the William Tell Overture is in this to great effect...so now I HAVE to see it.

Hammock Parties 07-05-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9788289)
That's a lot of jack for a feature film and appears to be completely unwarranted for a Cowboy and Indian movie.

There are some really dumb people in Hollywood. WTF were they thinking?

Deberg_1990 07-05-2013 07:36 PM

Just watched it. I enjoyed it. Its not nearly as good as PoTC, but its a fun way to spend a few hours. I was actually surprised how serious a western it was.

it has a fair amount of violence in it. And yes the William Tell Overture makes a great appearance during the final action scene which was tremendous. Gore Verbinski truly knows how to build an action scene with scale
Posted via Mobile Device

seclark 07-05-2013 08:52 PM

just got back from seeing it...pretty good flick, imo.
sec

Deberg_1990 07-05-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9790832)

For what it's worth, the vistas and scenery in this thing were incredible. The funny thing is, they tried to pass it off as Texas in the movie. ROFL

DaneMcCloud 07-05-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9794518)
For what it's worth, the vistas and scenery in this thing were incredible. The funny thing is, they tried to pass it off as Texas in the movie. ROFL

Yeah, it was shot in N.M. although half of N.M looks like Texas.

Ace Gunner 07-05-2013 10:27 PM

wtf

Aries Walker 07-05-2013 10:35 PM

I think I may be officially sick of Johnny Depp. He looks like he's just doing his Jack Sparrow schtick again.

DaneMcCloud 07-05-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9794541)
I think I may be officially sick of Johnny Depp. He looks like he's just doing his Jack Sparrow schtick again.

Did you see the film or are you making a generalization based on nothing other than your brain playing leapfrog?

Aries Walker 07-06-2013 07:11 AM

I'm making a generalization based on nothing other than my brain playing leapfrog. That's why I qualified it with the "I may be".

Warrior5 07-06-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9794529)

Also Utah and Nevada; it was quite a reach trying to pass off Monument Valley as parts of Texas.

Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Went in with low expectations based upon the harsh reviews, and came out wondering if I just saw the same movie all the critics were blasting.

Funny, entertaining plot, and great visuals. I found Tonto's interaction with the dead crow and the horse quite funny. Like someone said, it's dumb fun. Was a bit surprised at a couple of the violent scenes given that it's a Disney flick.

I don't rate movies, but I highly recommend seeing it.

silver5liter 07-06-2013 09:51 AM

Saw it the other night at the drive in after monsters u. it was alright, not bad enough to leave during. really johnny depps funny lines are the only thing that keeps if afloat

Deberg_1990 07-08-2013 04:36 PM

Good story on how the Disney bean counters can bury this thing.

Honestly, I enjoyed this movie....no, it's not perfect, but it doesn't deserve the pile on bashing its been taking.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-ranger#r=read

Sure-Oz 07-08-2013 04:38 PM

Have no interest in seeing this in theaters but i'll rent it. A buddy of mine saw it and said it was better than the RT reviews total. Probably just under Pirates

notorious 07-08-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9794529)

And Creede, Co.

JD10367 07-08-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9799114)
Honestly, I enjoyed this movie....no, it's not perfect, but it doesn't deserve the pile on bashing its been taking.

That's how I felt about "John Carter".

I think sometimes people just like taking potshots because it's Disney. They seem to be almost as hated in their industry as Apple is in theirs.

Deberg_1990 07-08-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9799431)
That's how I felt about "John Carter".

I think sometimes people just like taking potshots because it's Disney. They seem to be almost as hated in their industry as Apple is in theirs.

Yea, it was obvious critics had the knives sharpened and ready to carve waiting for this. Pretty sad really...why would someone root for something to fail? And who cares how much money something costs or makes? It's not our money.

keg in kc 07-08-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9799464)
Pretty sad really...why would someone root for something to fail?

Welcome to the internet and the year 2013.

Hammock Parties 07-08-2013 07:51 PM

Jesus.

The highly anticipated film didn’t even take in $30 million in theaters this weekend, which is pretty low considering the spectacle’s $225 million budget—a sum no doubt inflated by Johnny Depp, star producer Jerry Bruckheimer, and award-winning director Gore Verbinski. It’s as if the Miami Heat spent lavishly on its three marquee athletes and failed to make the playoffs. Based on an 80-year-old radio series, the film failed to draw young viewers, didn’t impress critics, and may have a tough slog at theaters outside the U.S., given its Wild West setting.

Valiant 07-10-2013 10:39 PM

Good. Looked stupid from the start, and the rest of the world is finally catching on that Depp has sucked for a while and only plays the same character.

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9804567)
Good. Looked stupid from the start, and the rest of the world is finally catching on that Depp has sucked for a while and only plays the same character.

So, you haven't seen the movie but decided that Johnny plays Captain Jack Sparrow in this film? What a bunch of ****ing bullshit.

How was Rango, Captain Jack?

How was Barnabas Collins, Captain Jack?

How was Frank Tupelo, Captain Jack?

How was John Dillinger, Captain Jack?

MMXcalibur 07-10-2013 10:44 PM

This movie never looked like something I'd want to see.
Johnny Depp should stick to Cap'n Jack Sparrow.

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 9804573)
This movie never looked like something I'd want to see.
Johnny Depp should stick to Cap'n Jack Sparrow.

:facepalm:

007 07-10-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9804570)
So, you haven't seen the movie but decided that Johnny plays Captain Jack Sparrow in this film? What a bunch of ****ing bullshit.

Or George Jung or Donnie Brasco.

DaneMcCloud 07-11-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9804596)
Or George Jung or Donnie Brasco.

Yeah, it's just silly. The guy is a brilliant artist.

Silock 07-11-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

God, this just reminds me how much I hated Public Enemies.

DaneMcCloud 07-11-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9804653)

Not one of Michael Mann's better films.

"Collateral" was awesome.

"Miami Vice" and "Public Enemies "?

Not so much.

Silock 07-11-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9804682)
Not one of Michael Mann's better films.

"Collateral" was awesome.

"Miami Vice" and "Public Enemies "?

Not so much.

Agreed, but you put it much nicer than I would have.

Frosty 07-11-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

You forgot Willy Wonka. Bizarre movie but definitely not Captain Jack.

Buehler445 07-11-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9804653)

I like public enemies.

JD10367 07-11-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Actually, Jack Sparrow is a singular portrayal by Depp (he's basically playing Keith Richards).

The problem with Depp's image has more to do with his other repetitive roles in Tim Burton films. Edward Scissorhands, Willy Wonka, the Mad Hatter, Barnabas Collins, Ed Wood, even his character in "The Corpse Bride"... they're all the same effeminate, pasty-white, conflicted awkward quiet man-child thing. So it's easy for people to just assume his Tonto is more of the same (either Jack Sparrow and/or the "pasty white quiet awkward guy").

listopencil 07-11-2013 10:10 AM

Saw this with my two teen kids last night. We enjoyed it. It was as I expected it to be. It's The Lone Ranger, it's not Shakespeare.

Deberg_1990 07-11-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9805127)
Saw this with my two teen kids last night. We enjoyed it. It was as I expected it to be. It's The Lone Ranger, it's not Shakespeare.

Its not a bad movie at all. People just love to pile on and hate. We enjoyed it alot as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 08-06-2013 06:04 PM

American film critics “slit the jugular” of ‘The Lone Ranger’, according to star Armie Hammer.

Yahoo! Movies sat down with ‘Ranger’ stars Hammer, Johnny Depp, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski in the aftermath of the film’s disappointing US opening.

The team all agreed that US critics were the reason for it’s not-too-impressive $29 million box office opening, and that reviewers pre-judged the film based on behind-the-scenes problems.

“I think the reviews were written seven-to-eight months before we released the film,” said Johnny Depp. “I think the reviews were written when they heard Gore [Verbinksi] and Jerry [Bruckheimer] and me were going to do ‘The Lone Ranger’. They had expectations that it must be a blockbuster. I didn’t have any expectations of that. I never do.”

Ignoring his disapproving publicist, Hammer agreed with his co-star. “I have a delightful opinion about that that she’s gonna get mad to me about sharing [his publicist]. But I’m going to tell you.

“This is the deal with American critics: they’ve been gunning for our movie since it was shut down the first time, that’s when most of the critics wrote their initial reviews.

“If you go back and read the negative reviews, most of them aren’t about the content of the movie, but more what’s behind it. It’s got to the point with American critics where if you’re not as smart as Plato, your stupid. That seems like a sad way to live your life.

“While we were making it we knew people were gunning for it. I think it was the popular thing when the movie hit rocky terrain they jumped on the bandwagon to try and bash it. They tried to do the same thing with to ‘World War Z’, it didn’t work, the movie was successful. Instead they decided to slit the jugular of our movie.”

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer, who made billions with the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ franchise, thinks critics will eventually re-appraise ‘The Lone Ranger’.

“I think they were reviewing the budget, not reviewing the movie. The audience doesn’t care what the budget is - they pay the same amount if it costs a dollar or 20 million dollars.

“It’s unfortunate because the movie is a terrific movie, it’s a great epic film. It has lots of humour. Its one of those movies that whatever critics missed in it this time, they’ll review it in a few years and see that they made a mistake.”

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/armie-ham...141408705.html

Aries Walker 08-06-2013 06:33 PM

. . . orrrrrr maybe spending a quarter of a billion dollars on a mediocre cowboy movie just isn't very wise.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-06-2013 08:25 AM

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...53-960-540.jpghttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/data:...XKVKlV0rH/2Q==

She just HAD to be in the ****ing movie, didn't she?

"Wherever Johnny goes, I will follow".

JFC.

:facepalm:

Valiant 10-06-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9799114)
Good story on how the Disney bean counters can bury this thing.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-ranger#r=read

If waterworld and postman get bashed, that movie was certainly up there with them if not worse.

And do not get me wrong, Depp has played some good roles, but a lot of his recent shit is terrible. It is like a bad comedian doing impersonations. He changes it up a little, but still plays the same character and awkwardness with each movie.

If depp or hollywood wants a western to succeed make something similar to Young Guns.

Deberg_1990 10-06-2013 08:04 PM

Tarantino just named this flick as one of his favorites of 2013 so far.......

http://www.tarantino.info/2013/10/05...ilms-2013-far/

1. Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)
2. Before Midnight (Richard Linklater)
3. Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)
4. The Conjuring (James Wan)
5. Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)
6. Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)
7. Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
8. Kick Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)
9. The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski)
10. This Is The End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)

Baby Lee 10-06-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10057400)
Tarantino just named this flick as one of his favorites of 2013 so far.......

http://www.tarantino.info/2013/10/05...ilms-2013-far/

1. Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)
2. Before Midnight (Richard Linklater)
3. Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)
4. The Conjuring (James Wan)
5. Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)
6. Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)
7. Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
8. Kick Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)
9. The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski)
10. This Is The End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)

Weird coincidence.
Was reading this post and watching 49ers game.
Saw 'This is the End' on the the list than imagination returned to the end of the movie, and how weird it was that heaven was [spoiler alert!!] a Backstreet Boys reunion.
The 'Backstreet's Back' chorus was faintly playing in my head, and right as the 49ers went to kickoff, the key change/glissando towards the end of the song* played in my head and suddenly over the Candlestick PA system SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!

Plate of Shrimp!!!

* - the part at :2:55 of the link below, for those unfamiliar with the term glissando.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5wyk-AOAUuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Demonpenz 10-06-2013 08:35 PM

I am glad that it was a slide to a different pitch and not a complete change in the octive singing, because that would have really creeped me out that you knew that 2 verses were in one octive then the finisher was a bit higher.

DaneMcCloud 10-06-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10057451)
Weird coincidence.
Was reading this post and watching 49ers game.
Saw 'This is the End' on the the list than imagination returned to the end of the movie, and how weird it was that heaven was [spoiler alert!!] a Backstreet Boys reunion.
The 'Backstreet's Back' chorus was faintly playing in my head, and right as the 49ers went to kickoff, the key change/glissando towards the end of the song* played in my head and suddenly over the Candlestick PA system SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!

Plate of Shrimp!!!

* - the part at :2:55 of the link below, for those unfamiliar with the term glissando.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5wyk-AOAUuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just bought this movie and was planning to watch it tonight. No lie.

Use the spoiler tag, Douche. That's what it's for.

Baby Lee 10-06-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10057566)
I just bought this movie and was planning to watch it tonight. No lie.

Use the spoiler tag, Douche. That's what it's for.

Bruce Willis was dead the whole time, shitbird.

Though about spoilering, in an abundance of caution for the biggest nellies on the board [you know, the .0001% of the world who have any interest in the subject matter of 'This is the End' yet still know nothing about it], but I realized that anything outside of a spoiler tag besides 'something weird happened to me' would still spoil it anyway.

DaneMcCloud 10-06-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10057652)
Bruce Willis was dead the whole time, shitbird.

Though about spoilering, in an abundance of caution for the biggest nellies on the board [you know, the .0001% of the world who have any interest in the subject matter of 'This is the End' yet still know nothing about it], but I realized that anything outside of a spoiler tag besides 'something weird happened to me' would still spoil it anyway.

Nice. That's very courteous of you.

keg in kc 10-06-2013 09:27 PM

So basically Lone Ranger was so bad that the only thing worth discussing is the spoiler etiquette of mentioning the Backstreet Boys appearance in This Is The End.

DaneMcCloud 10-06-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10057716)
So basically Lone Ranger was so bad that the only thing worth discussing is the spoiler etiquette of mentioning the Backstreet Boys appearance in This Is The End.

What a dick. He spoils a movie in a completely unrelated thread. The ****in' movie has been out for just a few short weeks on DVD.

BabyLee, you one who sucks the penis, I'm going to PM and Rep EVERY SPOILER FOR EVERY NEW MOVIE UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

Dickface.

Baby Lee 10-06-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10057721)
What a dick. He spoils a movie in a completely unrelated thread. The ****in' movie has been out for just a few short weeks on DVD.

BabyLee, you one who sucks the penis, I'm going to PM and Rep EVERY SPOILER FOR EVERY NEW MOVIE UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

Dickface.

You might want to be a little more concerned about when your Hollywood friends find out you're still capable of being spoiled regarding this movie in 10/2013.

As I pointed out, I couldn't even bring the occurrence up, something that actually happened and I found interesting, without spoiling it somehow. So, I figured that this movie had been out long enough, been discussed long enough, and was niche enough that people already knew the story or had no interest in it at all, that there was no use in exercising valiant means to mask the details of the anecdote.

DaneMcCloud 10-06-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10057768)
You might want to be a little more concerned about when your Hollywood friends find out you're still capable of being spoiled regarding this movie in 10/2013.

I'm still capable of being spoiled for a reason, and everyone knows it.

I have a one year old daughter, a wife recovering from cancer and major cancer surgery and a MIL seeing her final days due to cancer.

But thanks for the concern.

keg in kc 10-06-2013 09:41 PM

I'm trying to imagine Dane gleefully cheering "OMG! OMG! OMG!" when the Backstreet Boys appear.

Alas, Baby Lee, you prevented that. You evil, evil man.

Baby Lee 10-06-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10057813)
I'm trying to imagine Dane gleefully cheering "OMG! OMG! OMG!" when the Backstreet Boys appear.

That was another point, I was contemplating making.

Overall, I wish I had gone into that movie knowing someone in the creative process [won't spoil possibilities as to who] had those sentiments regarding heaven and tBSBs.

DaneMcCloud 10-06-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10057813)

Eh, I'm just kidding (except for the baby and cancer).

:D

I haven't seen the movie but don't care. I'm expecting a good, stupid film. I'm planning to watch it in about an hour.

keg in kc 10-06-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10057830)
Eh, I'm just kidding (except for the baby and cancer).

:D

I haven't seen the movie but don't care. I'm expecting a good, stupid film. I'm planning to watch it in about an hour.

I know, I was playing along. :)

I think you'll love it.

Baby Lee 10-06-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10057781)
I'm still capable of being spoiled for a reason, and everyone knows it.

I have a one year old daughter, a wife recovering from cancer and major cancer surgery and a MIL seeing her final days due to cancer.

But thanks for the concern.

Count me outside the circle of 'everyone.'

Must've missed the updates amongst all the 'I'm awesome and know all, **** your flyover country bumpkiness' bluster of the past decade.

And thanks for turning my post in this thread into my supposedly maliciously kicking 'Make a Wish Foundation, Dane Division' square in the nuts.

listopencil 10-06-2013 10:39 PM

Looking back, I'm still glad I saw this in the theater with the kids. There were some really goofy parts but we enjoyed ourselves.

Bowser 10-06-2013 10:47 PM

So is "This is the End" worth a TW rental?

DaneMcCloud 10-06-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10058146)
So is "This is the End" worth a TW rental?

I'm getting ready to watch it right now. I'll report in tomorrow (if I don't fall sleep).

I bought the DVD because I figured it's got to be worth a few viewings, based on all the love it's getting.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2014 02:53 AM

Finally saw this. It's so much fun. I grew up watching the Lone Ranger reruns on BBC and man I got the kid inside me all giggly.

BigRichard 10-24-2014 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11045759)
Finally saw this. It's so much fun. I grew up watching the Lone Ranger reruns on BBC and man I got the kid inside me all giggly.

I definitely didn't think it was bad as everyone made it out to be. But it still wasn't great as I expect from Mr. Depp.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 11045807)
I definitely didn't think it was bad as everyone made it out to be. But it still wasn't great as I expect from Mr. Depp.

The film had a lot of fun and the climax was terrific. I actually started tearing up as the Lone Ranger theme blared for the first time.

As origin stories go, pretty good, and it just LOOKED great.

I really enjoyed it.

bowener 10-24-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11046390)
The film had a lot of fun and the climax was terrific. I actually started tearing up as the Lone Ranger theme blared for the first time.

As origin stories go, pretty good, and it just LOOKED great.

I really enjoyed it.

I feel like somewhere in this script was a well written western that got bought, then turned into The Lone Ranger pile of shit.

The story with the silver being found, and then the 2 men taking advantage of the young native, only to have him spend his life trying to avenge his tribe by murdering them, could be pretty awesome in the right hands.