ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: Pioli has time to reflect on where it went wrong (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268548)

petegz28 01-06-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9287604)
thank god no more Brian Daboll.

I dont see how that turd gets another OC job in the NFL again anytime soon.

This, My God, this guyw as ****ing terrible. I thought Haley was the master of the dink-dunk until this guy showed up.

Marcellus 01-06-2013 09:49 AM

The "team Killer" thing is funny about the first 5 times you read it, then it made the article almost impossible to read.

Too much of a good thing is not a good thing.

Its funny looking back how people were flipping the **** out on Scott being on the coaching interviews when it sounds like he was just a porter.

I think because Pioli had it in his contract he was head of football operations, until he was fired he was required to be there or KC was in breach of contract. Clark wanted to do his due diligence before ending him back to Nantucket.

OnTheWarpath15 01-06-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9287633)
The "team Killer" thing is funny about the first 5 times you read it, then it made the article almost impossible to read.

Its funny looking back how people were flipping the **** out on Scott being on the coaching interviews when it sounds like he was just a porter.

I think because 'Team-killer' Pioli had it in his contract he was head of football operations, until he was fired he was required to be there or KC was in breach of contract. Clark wanted to do his due diligence before ending him back to Nantucket.

All of the above - especially the bold.

TEX 01-06-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

I think because 'Team-killer' Pioli had it in his contract he was head of football operations, until he was fired he was required to be there or KC was in breach of contract. Clark wanted to do his due diligence before ending him back to Nantucket.

There once was a man from Nantucket, who ruined a franchise and was fired when the owner had enough and said **** it!

the Talking Can 01-06-2013 10:08 AM

seriously people, you think the Star would print 'team-killer pioli'?

Marcellus 01-06-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9287696)
seriously people, you think the Star would print 'team-killer 'Team-killer' Pioli'?

I am referring to the filter.

the Talking Can 01-06-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9287718)
I am referring to the filter.

ah, my bad

007 01-06-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9287696)
seriously people, you think the Star would print 'team-killer 'Team-killer' Pioli'?

No but they might print yours. LMAO

Hoover 01-06-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9287573)
Filter

Yeah I got punked on that pretty good. LOL

Hammock Parties 01-06-2013 10:44 AM

I bet the Chiefs told Mellinger to call him Team Killer.

LMAO

Hammock Parties 01-06-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9287387)
Haha just saw the filter CP now has on Scott 'Team-killer' 'Team-killer' Pioli. <=== LMAO

LMAO.

So it's a filter.

**** off, Fat Scott Pioli.

FAX 01-06-2013 11:17 AM

I wonder sometimes about these ChiefsPlanet player evaluations.

Setting aside the fact that our quarterback situation has been disgustingly inept for years, what coach on this team could actually develop a player? They've been too damn busy trying to keep their own jobs and failing at that to focus outside themselves and help a young player improve his technique or spend time with them in the film room. Given that sad set of facts, how do we know if guys like Baldwin or Stephenson or whomever has true potential?

It's like a girl with the enormous tittahs situation. During the act of love-making, she will oftentimes be more concerned with how her tittahs are behaving and where her tittahs are located and squishing her own tittahs and rearranging her own tittahs rather than paying attention to her partner's needs and her partner is all like, "Hey! What's up with the fascination with your own tittahs here?" And enormous tittah lady has no quick answer.

FAX

FAX 01-06-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

I think because 'Team-killer' 'Team-killer' Pioli had it in his contract he was head of football operations, until he was fired he was required to be there or KC was in breach of contract. Clark wanted to do his due diligence before ending him back to Nantucket.

I was definitely "flipping the **** out" over Dr. Evil's attendance at the interviews. Definitely.

It made no sense to me if Clark was truly intending to wash his hands of the fool.

I underestimated Clark's capacity for cruelty and I'm sorry about that.

FAX

Easy 6 01-06-2013 01:57 PM

There once was a GM from Nantucket
Who's ego was so big he could suck it
He killed the team and to Clark it seemed
It was time to say **** it

Pasta Little Brioni 01-06-2013 01:58 PM

Varys Pioli

WhiteWhale 01-06-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9287905)
I wonder sometimes about these ChiefsPlanet player evaluations.

Setting aside the fact that our quarterback situation has been disgustingly inept for years, what coach on this team could actually develop a player? They've been too damn busy trying to keep their own jobs and failing at that to focus outside themselves and help a young player improve his technique or spend time with them in the film room. Given that sad set of facts, how do we know if guys like Baldwin or Stephenson or whomever has true potential?

It's like a girl with the enormous tittahs situation. During the act of love-making, she will oftentimes be more concerned with how her tittahs are behaving and where her tittahs are located and squishing her own tittahs and rearranging her own tittahs rather than paying attention to her partner's needs and her partner is all like, "Hey! What's up with the fascination with your own tittahs here?" And enormous tittah lady has no quick answer.

FAX

:clap:

I thought I was the only guy who complained about big tittah'd girls in the sack.

Sorter 01-06-2013 03:58 PM

Where did it go wrong...

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=...ng&w=350&h=254

http://www.fantasytrader.citymax.com...att_Cassel.jpg

Red Dawg 01-06-2013 04:08 PM

Besides the Cassell fiasco I would say his biggest problem that he is an uptight asshole. You can't assemble a good coaching staff if you're a jerk. Nobody good will come and work for you. That is why we had RC, no DC and a worthless OC like Daboll.

Hammock Parties 01-06-2013 04:18 PM

Jackson and Cassel should be a lesson to future generations.

If your first two moves are that bad, you're probably ****ed.

Brock 01-06-2013 05:09 PM

How come it's 3 times on the team killer?

Hammock Parties 01-06-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9289239)

Pioli then appears and we kick him in the nuts.

GloryDayz 01-06-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9287613)
'Team-killer' Pioli won't learn from this. Bullies never stop until they think they beat you. They have to have their revenge at any cost. He won't get the last word because Clark made sure of it. So yeah, he is gonna have a lot of anger to deal with. He destoyed Clark's expensive football team and he is going to pay for it. What I never got was why he had to cut off all ties with the old players that built the franchise. You need to keep them guys around. The fans like them and the youngsters learn from them.

http://kateupton.unofficialfanpage.c...arls-jr-04.jpg

Phobia 01-06-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9289239)

Quoting or editing will add another occurrence.

el borracho 01-07-2013 07:03 AM

Where it went wrong? Entering 2012 with the Cassel/Crennel combo is where it went wrong. NFL teams are defined by their quarterbacks and head coaches; after four years in KC, Pioli had neither.

slimdagreat 01-07-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9287140)
Where did it go wrong?

1. Stubbornly sticking with Cassel despite the obvious and completely ignoring the QB position.

2. Creating a culture of fear and intimidation within the franchise, alienating former players, current staff, and ultimately the fans.

3. Two horrible head coaching hires.

4. Losing Brandon Carr, missing on Routt, and using Arenas, who he gave up a legend to draft.

5. Blowing the '09 draft.

6. Horrible FA acquisitions.

Yup all of the above.
I wish Pioli and his family nothing but luck, but in terms of football all I have to say to him is piss off.

spanky 52 01-07-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9288872)
Besides the Cassell fiasco I would say his biggest problem that he is an uptight asshole. You can't assemble a good coaching staff if you're a jerk. Nobody good will come and work for you. That is why we had RC, no DC and a worthless OC like Daboll.

This.

TEX 01-07-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9288926)
Jackson and Cassel should be a lesson to future generations.

If your first two moves are that bad, you're probably ****ed.

That's the moment Pioli was FAIL in my mind. Drafting McBuster in round 2 with sooooo many holes to fill solidified my take on the guy.

Deberg_1990 01-07-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9291219)
That's the moment 'Team-killer' Pioli was FAIL in my mind. Drafting McBuster in round 2 with sooooo many holes to fill solidified my take on the guy.

McCluster wasnt even close to his biggest mistake or a mistake at all.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9291219)
That's the moment 'Team-killer' Pioli was FAIL in my mind. Drafting McBuster in round 2 with sooooo many holes to fill solidified my take on the guy.

According to reports, the coaching staff and Pioli disagreed on Tyson Jackson. Pioli pounded his fist, thumbed his nose at everybody, and took Jackson anyway.

This regime was epic fail from the VERY START.

TEX 01-07-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9291276)

I never said that. I think you took my post out of context. I said it following this:

"Jackson and Cassel should be a lesson to future generations.

If your first two moves are that bad, you're probably ****ed."

ANd yes it was a mistake drafting McCluster when he did. Round 2 was too early for all the holes that still needed to be filled.

RealSNR 01-07-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9291276)

Team runs a 3-4 2 gap in which the NT is the most important part of the entire defense.

Franchise NT in Cody is sitting right there.

Team passes for a midget speedback when we already have a great one in Jamaal Charles.

You bet your ass it was a mistake.

RealSNR 01-07-2013 10:29 AM

I think some people forget how bad Ron Edwards was in that NT role.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9291584)
Team runs a 3-4 2 gap in which the NT is the most important part of the entire defense.

Team passes for a midget speedback when we already have a great one in Jamaal Charles.

Cody is not a franchise NT.

Hammock Parties 01-07-2013 10:55 AM

Cody is a bust.

The guy only played 367 snaps this year.

TEX 01-07-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9291584)

EXACTLY my point. Only not sure about the Franchise NT part, but he is solid. And when you consider that this followed extending Cassel and drafting T.J.# 3 overall - SERIOUS questions could and should have been asked about WTF 'Team-killer' 'Team-killer' 'Team-killer' Pioli was doing. The cracks were seriously starting to show early on...

htismaqe 01-07-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9291677)
EXACTLY my point. Only not sure about the Franchise NT part, but he is solid. And when you consider that this followed extending Cassel and drafting T.J.# 3 overall - SERIOUS questions could and should have been asked about WTF 'Team-killer' 'Team-killer' 'Team-killer' 'Team-killer' Pioli was doing. The cracks were seriously starting to show early on...

He's not solid. He cant' get on the field because he stinks.

Brock 01-07-2013 11:25 AM

"Franchise NT" LMAO

DaWolf 01-07-2013 11:30 AM

I get the feeling that if Pioli had been retained, we would have gone hard after Marrone, based on Peter King's column today:

Quote:

I barely know Marrone, but I like the move. Bill Parcells trusts him; Sean Payton valued him. Marrone's a detail freak who knows he doesn't know everything, who's open to football analytics but certain to not be a slave to them. He designed blocking schemes for Curtis Martin as a Jets offensive line coach. He was Payton's offensive coordinator for the first three Saint seasons, helping keep Drew Brees clean. Syracuse won 10 games in the four years before Marrone arrived in 2009; he was 25-25 in his four years as Syracuse coach.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2HJNR9blb
I'm listening to his press conference this morning. Time will tell, but I'm glad we didn't go that direction based on this PC...