ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Shooting at my little sisters school (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268716)

notorious 01-10-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9303214)
It's not a debate. It's a series of pre-determined posts that won't change anyone's mind. It's a flowchart to nowhere.

No, the flowchart goes somewhere.

It goes straight into an AIDS ocean.

TheGuardian 01-10-2013 01:01 PM

I actually rarely get into these types of discussions, but it's amazing to me, with the history the entire world has when they disarm their population that people would want guns to go away.

It helps create a balance in society. People walk into malls and shoot because there are signs on the doors that read "gun free zone". This means, the people who LEGALLY have guns, will obey that, and not carry. However the crazy loon who plans on shooting everyone sees this sign as saying "fish in a barrel."

We have a mental illness issue in this country, or a social issue that needs to be addressed. Plenty of other countries have high gun ownership that don't have the problems we have with shootings. It's not the gun, it's the person. People kill more people every year with hammers and knives than "assault rifles". Does home depot need to take hammers off the shelves?

Liberals always amaze me with their lack of logic. When you take away guns, you only take them away from the people who desire to protect themselves, and their family. The people who are going to use guns in a criminal fashion, will still have guns. So the rest of us just get to die by their hand.

Sorry, this will never happen. Those that think guns are the problem here, need to drink bleach.

philfree 01-10-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9303216)
Shotgun. One student shot, another with minor injuries.

Now they'll come after Sweet 16.

Cannibal 01-10-2013 01:03 PM

Move this shit to DC please.

Bearcat 01-10-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9303209)
oh come on....we all knew at first glance where this would go.
I'd say it's a valid debate.....but it's just NOT. people want to take guns away from law abiding citizens as if criminals would obey these same laws.

it's not a valid debate. it's simply moronic.

Except in at least the past few cases, the guns were legally registered by law abiding citizens.... I think there's a valid debate on whether the same kid who can unlock mom or dad's gun cabinet would hit the streets to buy them illegally, if they weren't readily available.

It's a culture thing, and no one is going to change the minds of the other people... they have to come to their own conclusions, and arguing about it usually entrenches people further into their original beliefs. The country was founded on the belief of protection against the government, and it's not about to go away. Even if the only real solution is to take away all the guns like other countries, it's not going to happen, which is another reason arguing about it is dumb.

frankotank 01-10-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9303214)
It's not a debate. It's a series of pre-determined posts that won't change anyone's mind. It's a flowchart to nowhere.

very very nice post. ROFL
I feel you....
I'm done....after one more!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9303220)
People walk into malls and shoot because there are signs on the doors that read "gun free zone". This means, the people who LEGALLY have guns, will obey that, and not carry. However the crazy loon who plans on shooting everyone sees this sign as saying "fish in a barrel."

or WILL they?
malls & schools = primo psycho shooting spots
some CCW folks may be of the opinion that "what's in my pants ain't none of your business".....you know....hypothetically speaking.....some CCW folks just may be sitting at that high school b-ball game with an extra bulge....just in case....

frankotank 01-10-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9303225)
Move this shit to DC please.

what the heck?
you COULD stop reading it you know.

InChiefsHeaven 01-10-2013 01:15 PM

Welp, that settles it. Need to ban shotguns now too.

Reerun_KC 01-10-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9303248)
Welp, that settles it. Need to ban shotguns now too.

Damn an I am heading out after work to buy my son a new shotgun for our weekend hunting trip.

I better get there before more people buy everything!!!!

-King- 01-10-2013 01:20 PM

Not to get political, but what do you guys think about abortion, stem cell research, military drone use, and the death penalty?

frankotank 01-10-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9303255)
Not to get political, but what do you guys think about abortion, stem cell research, military drone use, and the death penalty?

OK - I'll take death penalty....
I think we should kill more criminals. you know....like....if you get the death penalty....maybe there should be an actual DEATH involved!

DaFace 01-10-2013 01:23 PM

*fingers hovering over the "ban from thread" button

KCUnited 01-10-2013 01:24 PM

That escalated fast and furiously.

frankotank 01-10-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9303268)

I know right! Kings being a dick! ROFL

ChiTown 01-10-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9303270)
That escalated fast and furiously.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...VPl7igM0AYc3kO

Bowser 01-10-2013 01:31 PM

Glad to hear your sis is ok, Inmem.

frankotank 01-10-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9303292)

yeah ditto on this.
that's the important thing.

this world......

In58men 01-10-2013 01:44 PM

Thanks everyone so much. She's still inside waiting for the SWAT to search every room. The FBI will be releasing the kids very slowly, starting in the next few hours.

One of the cafeteria ladies my mother knows told her that the shooter was a jealous boyfriend and apparently shot her too.

Thanks again everybody

ct 01-10-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9303063)
yes it will help. it will help criminals to better take advantage of unarmed law abiding citizens.

this

we need to do a better job of getting the lunatics out of society, and stop wasting so much time on trivial crap

Bearcat 01-10-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

I know better, I'll ban myself... :sulk:

ct 01-10-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9303326)
Thanks everyone so much. She's still inside waiting for the SWAT to search every room. The FBI will be releasing the kids very slowly, starting in the next few hours.

One of the cafeteria ladies my mother knows told her that the shooter was a jealous boyfriend and apparently shot her too.

Thanks again everybody

thankfulness right there!! glad she is a-ok.

displacedinMN 01-10-2013 01:53 PM

Prayers here too. There have been a pandemic of threats since school started this week.
One here shut down for a day just to make sure.

NO threat is taken lightly now.
We are always on the lookout.

PhillyChiefFan 01-10-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9303292)

This!

Swanman 01-10-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Thanks again everybody

Glad to hear she is ok.

When I read it was a shotgun, that immediately made me think it was a targeted act. It's still terrible, but it's a shitload better than someone just randomly spraying bullets at whoever is in front of them.

Bwana 01-10-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Yep

Bwana 01-10-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Thanks again everybody

:thumb:

Iowanian 01-10-2013 02:52 PM

Glad she's alright.

Sounds like we need to ban jealousy.

Monty 01-10-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9303478)
Glad she's alright.

Sounds like we need to ban jealousy.

I think we should ban boyfriends too. Just to make sure that we've eliminated all the possibilities.

In58men 01-10-2013 03:18 PM

This kid had a hit list last year, the cops investigated and said there was no threat. He was suspended for it.

notorious 01-10-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9303539)
This kid had a hit list last year, the cops investigated and said there was no threat. He was suspended for it.

Holy shit.

How old is the "kid"?

In58men 01-10-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9303544)
Holy shit.

How old is the "kid"?

I heard 16

notorious 01-10-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9303564)
I heard 16

My God.

He is going to get away with this. :facepalm:

jspchief 01-10-2013 03:27 PM

Pics of sister?

notorious 01-10-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9303569)
Pics of sister?

It was only a matter of time......

KurtCobain 01-10-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Pics of sister?

Barely beat me to it.

In58men 01-10-2013 03:38 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/11/y5arezuz.jpg

Long ass line to pick up the kids. Releasing 50 students at a time.

notorious 01-10-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9303589)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/11/y5arezuz.jpg

Long ass line to pick up the kids. Releasing 50 students at a time.

That would nearly be our entire school. LMAO

FishingRod 01-10-2013 03:42 PM

Regarding earlier today.

I know it might be a bit much to ask but, in a situation like this where a person’s family is involved, would it be possible not to be a bunch of assholes until we are sure the situation is under control. Maybe give it, say 45 minutes? Just a thought.

Glad you sister is ok.

kcfanXIII 01-10-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

I'm as anti gun control as they come, but i'm with you here. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR IT. One of our own is way too close to this and we should all respect what he is going through right now.

Rasputin 01-10-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Pics of sister?

:spock: under age

Your choice to go to jail.

KurtCobain 01-10-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9303619)
:spock: under age

Your choice to go to jail.

He didn't say inappropriate pics...

Strongside 01-10-2013 04:01 PM

This shit is getting ridiculous. I remember my 8th grade year...the year Columbine happened...we had a big water gun/balloon fight inside the school at the beginning of the year. Many of us had realistic looking weapons as water guns. That shit would NEVER happen today. America changes overnight when these things happen.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-10-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingRod (Post 9303604)
Regarding earlier today.

I know it might be a bit much to ask but, in a situation like this where a person’s family is involved, would it be possible not to be a bunch of assholes until we are sure the situation is under control. Maybe give it, say 45 minutes? Just a thought.

Glad you sister is ok.

No. It's what Chiefs Planet is all about. We kick people when they're down. And even if their sister ,girlfriend or even their mom gets killed we still want to see them naked.

DJ's left nut 01-10-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9303566)
My God.

He is going to get away with this. :facepalm:

Nah.

They'll try you as an adult at 16.

WV 01-10-2013 04:33 PM

At least this POS didn't get to off himself and take the easy way out.

Now too bad our pansy ass judicial system won't properly punish him.

Buehler445 01-10-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Just do it.

Dude posted that his SISTER was at a school where a shooting happened and these jackasses go full DC-Tardo on this bullshit.

Like there aren't 4,894,356,957,352,498 threads in the DC for this kind of bullshit.

It's his sister for ****s sake. Come on people.

notorious 01-10-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9303708)
Nah.

They'll try you as an adult at 16.

Mental issues?

The last thing that needs to happen is 2 years in the nuthouse, only to have him cleared as long as he takes his meds.

Red And Yellow 01-10-2013 05:34 PM

Starting to regret having children this shit happens more and more...

BigRedChief 01-10-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Thanks again everybody

Glad to hear she is safe. :thumb:

BigRedChief 01-10-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9303720)
Just do it.

Dude posted that his SISTER was at a school where a shooting happened and these jackasses go full DC-Tardo on this bullshit.

Like there aren't 4,894,356,957,352,498 threads in the DC for this kind of bullshit.

THIS!
Inmem58 has been a dick to me on several occasions for no reason. But no one deserves to be taunted, trash talked or bring politics into a thread seeking support for a loved one.

Thats over the line in my book.

CrazyPhuD 01-10-2013 06:10 PM

Glad things are ok.

You know the more I think of it, instead of a 'report this post' we need a thread tool that says....'This thread has caught AIDS'.

LiveSteam 01-10-2013 07:34 PM

Glad your sister is ok.

We live in a morally bankrupt country. Its sickening

HMc 01-10-2013 08:08 PM

what was the point of the thread in the first place?

crossbow 01-10-2013 08:50 PM

I am sorry to read about your families' close encounter with tragedy. I am very glad that all worked out well.

When I was in school the most dangerous things in school were perhaps a spanking by the teacher or a black eye from the local bully.

But then I grew up on "Leave it to Beaver" and "Bonanza" and "Andy Griffith". Now people watch shows and cartoons that make the father of the family look like an idiotic jackass. President Clinton gets blow jobs in the whitehouse. Its not the guns. People had just as many guns back then as they do now. Its the slow degrading of family values and morality that grinds away at us every day. Go figure, it was only a matter of time.

HMc 01-10-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9304266)
I am sorry to read about your families' close encounter with tragedy. I am very glad that all worked out well.

When I was in school the most dangerous things in school were perhaps a spanking by the teacher or a black eye from the local bully.

But then I grew up on "Leave it to Beaver" and "Bonanza" and "Andy Griffith". Now people watch shows and cartoons that make the father of the family look like an idiotic jackass. President Clinton gets blow jobs in the whitehouse. Its not the guns. People had just as many guns back then as they do now. Its the slow degrading of family values and morality that grinds away at us every day. Go figure, it was only a matter of time.

Whackjob. Seriously.

Bump 01-10-2013 08:59 PM

Pretty shitty this is happening.

What I find interesting is this.

Every right wing/conservative news sites doesn't have this story on their front page or anywhere to be seen easily. Like foxnews, wall street journal, drudge report, etc. If you rely on those news sites, you wouldn't have even heard about this.

Every left wing/liberal news site has this story featured on their front page. Sites like CNN, Huffington Post, etc.

I just think it's interesting that the right doesn't want you to know about this and the left do.

LoneWolf 01-10-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9304129)
Glad your sister is ok.

We live in a morally bankrupt country. Its thickening

FYP

Aries Walker 01-10-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9304283)

Every right wing/conservative news sites doesn't have this story on their front page or anywhere to be seen easily. Like foxnews, wall street journal, drudge report, etc. If you rely on those news sites, you wouldn't have even heard about this.

Every left wing/liberal news site has this story featured on their front page. Sites like CNN, Huffington Post, etc.

I just think it's interesting that the right doesn't want you to know about this and the left do.

It's also on the front page of the BBC and Al Jazeera news - right below the story about the multiple bombings in Pakistan that CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC are all completely ignoring.

In58men 01-10-2013 09:57 PM

Well it's all over, we was able to get her out of the auditorium around 3:45 pm. She was pretty shook up about it, but nothing to serious. The shooter and my sister attended Sunday school when they were about 8-9 years old. She couldn't believe he would do something like this.

Thanks again.

BigRedChief 01-10-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9304209)
what was the point of the thread in the first place?

Whats your point of asking about a point?

CrazyPhuD 01-10-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9304283)

Here's the bigger question. I'd be willing to bet that in the course of today no less that 5 african american kids were shot and killed. Why is this news and the minority children who die everyday in inner cities isn't? Is it because we've become so desensitized to gang bangers killing people that people would turn the channel?

They report what WE watch, ironically the fault is ours.

CrazyPhuD 01-10-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9304447)
Well it's all over, we was able to get her out of the auditorium around 3:45 pm. She was pretty shook up about it, but nothing to serious. The shooter and my sister attended Sunday school when they were about 8-9 years old. She couldn't believe he would do something like this.

Thanks again.

Glad to hear it, I don't want to imagine what the emotional roller coaster ride you have gone through today.

Bump 01-10-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9304474)
Here's the bigger question. I'd be willing to bet that in the course of today no less that 5 african american kids were shot and killed. Why is this news and the minority children who die everyday in inner cities isn't? Is it because we've become so desensitized to gang bangers killing people that people would turn the channel?

No, it's not about what WE watch, lol. Whatever they put on the news is their way of controlling what people think and believe.

InChiefsHeaven 01-10-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9304474)

I disagree. We watch what they report, and we tend to go to the source who reports it in a way we agree with. I checked out Fox news when I heard about it, and it was buried at the bottom of the home page. But there was a headline about the bombings in Pakistan.

I'm starting to realize that they ALL suck. All of them. The truth is out there, but good luck finding it easily.

HMc 01-10-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9304460)
Whats your point of asking about a point?

To establish its purpose, given that related discussion is seemingly off-limits.

In58men 01-11-2013 09:48 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/12/yzu7ena7.jpg

America

Some guy talking about the shooting. I had to make him look stupid lol.

notorious 01-11-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9307139)

America

He didn't need any help.

Wow, what a ****ing idiot.

Iowanian 01-11-2013 10:10 PM

They should hang that kid tomorrow on TV.

This asshole is a butthurt criminal and isn't the same type of crime as Ct.

Show these assholes that they'll be treated like assholes and maybe they'll find another hobby.

Sorter 01-12-2013 02:08 AM

All the best to you, your family, sister, and others Inmem. Glad your sister is safe.

TimeForWasp 01-12-2013 06:44 AM

Can't believe I just now saw this thread for the first time. Too late to pray, but glad she is ok.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-12-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9307139)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/12/yzu7ena7.jpg

America

Jesus, there's more than that wrong with his spelling and grammar. Good Lord, he's a ****ing idiot. It scares me to think that so many people in this country have no idea how to communicate with written words.

memyselfI 01-12-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9303720)
Just do it.

It speaks volumes that the thread was even considered being banned. We have prayer threads on this board all the time. When one involves a board member's family in a school shooting somehow that thread is bannable?

The fact that some look license to go from prayers to politics is not the OP's fault. :harumph::banghead::rolleyes:

LoneWolf 01-12-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9307592)
Jesus, there's more than that wrong with his spelling and grammar. Good Lord, he's a ****ing idiot. It scares me to think that so many people in this country have no idea how to communicate with written words.

Tru dat! :evil:

threebag 01-12-2013 07:28 AM

Flop those days are soon to be gone. One day you won't even be able to buy a vowel.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-12-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 9307603)
Flop those days are soon to be gone. One day you won't even be able to buy a vowel.

We'll all sound like Kiwi's. Oh new (no). I'm beached broo (bro). I'm beachedaz (whatever the **** that's supposed to mean).

threebag 01-12-2013 07:37 AM

Hooked on Phonics won't be worth two shits.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-12-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 9307612)
Hooked on Phonics won't be worth two shits.

**** it. Let's hit the marina and get some fush and chups.

AussieChiefsFan 01-12-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9307605)
We'll all sound like Kiwi's. Oh new (no). I'm beached broo (bro). I'm beachedaz (whatever the **** that's supposed to mean).

ROFL

frankotank 01-14-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9307600)
It speaks volumes that the thread was even considered being banned. We have prayer threads on this board all the time. When one involves a board member's family in a school shooting somehow that thread is bannable?

The fact that some look license to go from prayers to politics is not the OP's fault. :harumph::banghead::rolleyes:

hmmm.....I actually thought his ban comment was directed to individual/individuals (possibly me, but not sure) for responding to a gun control post.....both the comment and my response came quite some time after it was confirmed that inmem's sister was OK.

I don't fully understand the anger over a discussion of gun control in a shooting thread. again, this discussion only started after inmem's sis was said to be OK.

I most certainly wouldn't be trying to offend someone who started a thread like this!!! I ain't like that. (not that I can't be an asshole mind you....) honestly....I don't get the anger. did ANYONE actually think gun control WASN'T going to come up in this thread??

if a thread is pissing you off....why not stop reading it?