ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV New Netflix Additions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268898)

Silock 04-02-2013 04:55 AM

I use it to watch things I can't find anywhere else. Mostly documentaries and nature shows. I'm one of those people that can't ever think of something to watch, so I like it that Netflix gives me suggestions on things I've never heard of.

Buck 04-05-2013 08:25 PM

I'm not finding Chuck on Netflix right now.

Easy 6 04-05-2013 08:48 PM

I'm finally ready to get on this bandwagon, $9 a month? yeah **** $100 a month for dvr cable and internet, especially with summer here when i spend a lot more time out of the house.

Its quite an amazing deal actually, i mean they have a seemingly unlimited amount of movies, tv shows and documentaries, which is the most impressive selection to me, i looove good documentaries and they have a ton... so yeah, within the week i'm switching to it and just doing the free digital box for local news etc.

So much of the $100 i've been spending is just a waste, there isnt JACK on tv half the time, even sundays, which used to be good tv days, now totally suck, its been months since i've enjoyed sunday tv... Netflix, internet and free tv should cover all of my needs, i'll save $90 a month.

SLAG 04-05-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9560670)
I'm finally ready to get on this bandwagon, $9 a month? yeah **** $100 a month for dvr cable and internet, especially with summer here when i spend a lot more time out of the house.

Its quite an amazing deal actually, i mean they have a seemingly unlimited amount of movies, tv shows and documentaries, which is the most impressive selection to me, i looove good documentaries and they have a ton... so yeah, within the week i'm switching to it and just doing the free digital box for local news etc.

So much of the $100 i've been spending is just a waste, there isnt JACK on tv half the time, even sundays, which used to be good tv days, now totally suck, its been months since i've enjoyed sunday tv... Netflix, internet and free tv should cover all of my needs, i'll save $90 a month.

We haven't had a real cable package for almost 3 years now

I've got a slingbox that is hooked up at my parents in the basement so I have access to live content if I need it.

Easy 6 04-05-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9560683)
We haven't had a real cable package for almost 3 years now

I've got a slingbox that is hooked up at my parents in the basement so I have access to live content if I need it.

Tell me more about slingbox when you have a sec, is it basically like free cable that you can transfer to your own place?

I'm a almost a total tech dummy, help a brother out...

Son of Logical 04-05-2013 09:33 PM

I can't find Chuck either, and no where on the internet that says it has Netflix release date. Color me bummed out.

SLAG 04-05-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9560691)
Tell me more about slingbox when you have a sec, is it basically like free cable that you can transfer to your own place?

I'm a almost a total tech dummy, help a brother out...

It is placeshifting
You hook up a slingbox to a cable box/dish box and an internet connection and then you can control and watch the box from anywhere.

Apps for iOS/Android etc.

So my parents won't get rid of their cable, and are nice enough to let me put mine in their basement.

I have an extra older model I picked up that I would get rid of

Easy 6 04-05-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9560754)
It is placeshifting
You hook up a slingbox to a cable box/dish box and an internet connection and then you can control and watch the box from anywhere.

Apps for iOS/Android etc.

So my parents won't get rid of their cable, and are nice enough to let me put mine in their basement.

I have an extra older model I picked up that I would get rid of

I'll get my kids right on that :D

007 04-05-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9560630)
I'm not finding Chuck on Netflix right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Logical (Post 9560736)
I can't find Chuck either, and no where on the internet that says it has Netflix release date. Color me bummed out.

This has me really ticked off. I was really looking forward to watching it again.

Valiant 04-06-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9548273)
Yeah Netflix is ok with tv shows and documentaries for the most part, but god damn they NEVER have the movie I want to watch. ****ing EVER. Every single time I think of a movie I'd like to watch, I search for it and "unavailable". It's bullshit. And I like a lot of shitty movies, so it's not just the modern hits. It's literally movies of all varieties.

you mean for streaming??

007 04-06-2013 07:35 PM

Have we figured out why Chuck is missing yet?

Richard_Cuckold 04-08-2013 12:51 PM

Valhalla Rising. If you love tons of violence and Vikings, this is the the movie for you. It's also directed by the guy that directed Drive (my favorite film of 2011)

Ceej 04-08-2013 01:44 PM

Looking for a new tv show to start watching with the girlfriend.

We both like the League, or comedies with that style of humor.

Any recommendations?

shitgoose 04-08-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9568347)

Any recommendations?

Have you watched It's always sunny and Workaholics?

Ceej 04-08-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shitgoose (Post 9568359)
Have you watched It's always sunny and Workaholics?

I've not. But I've heard good things about them.

Parks and Recreation too.

Richard_Cuckold 04-08-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Any recommendations?

Yeah Workachcolics iis hilarious.

Are you open to dramas too?

Cause there is a new show on Netflix called House of Cards. Its a political drama starring Kevin Spacey. Really good. The first season is currently streaming .

Ceej 04-08-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Cuckold (Post 9568371)
Yeah Workachcolics iis hilarious.

Are you open to dramas too?

Cause there is a new show on Netflix called House of Cards. Its a political drama starring Kevin Spacey. Really good. The first season is currently streaming .

I like Kevin Spacey.

But, not a fan of shows/movies about politics.

shitgoose 04-08-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9568363)
I've not. But I've heard good things about them.

Parks and Recreation too.

meh on parks and recreation. It's Always Sunny is one of my all time favorite shows and they are all on Netflix. Workaholics is pretty good too.

Silock 04-08-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9568374)
I like Kevin Spacey.

But, not a fan of shows/movies about politics.

That's too bad, because it's ****ing awesome. Give it a shot. It's not actual politics like the Newsroom is. Or West Wing.

Gravedigger 04-08-2013 04:13 PM

I watched Hunger Games on Netflix last night, saw it in the theaters but hadn't gotten a chance to see it since. Good flick.

Buck 04-08-2013 04:16 PM

I think that I'm gonna start watching Cheers. 275 episodes...holy shit.

Richard_Cuckold 04-08-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9568894)

Wow! Thanks for the heads up.

kcxiv 04-08-2013 07:35 PM

Cheers is awesome. Iwatch it every now and again. 11 seasons and some seasons have like 30 episodes. its alot.

SLAG 04-08-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Any recommendations?

Arrested Development
Reno 911
Archer

DaneMcCloud 04-08-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9568894)

Cheers is an unbelievably good show, especially when Woody Harrelson joins the show and before Kirstie Alley arrives.

It's still a very, very good show before and after but IMO, that was the "Sweet Spot".

|Zach| 04-08-2013 10:46 PM

Wish there were more seasons of Venture Bros and Metalocalypse would love to marathon those but Netflix is always awesome. Always surprised about the amount of people that bitch about it.

Been going through West Wing again in my spare time.

Richard_Cuckold 04-09-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9570267)
Wish there were more seasons of Venture Bros and Metalocalypse would love to marathon those but Netflix is always awesome. Always surprised about the amount of people that bitch about it.

Been going through West Wing again in my spare time.

lol Metalocalypse is a criminally underrated show. Cracks me up.

Not a fan of Venture Bros though, I blind bought it because my friends all said it was awesome but I just could never get into it. Oh well.

|Zach| 04-09-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Cuckold (Post 9570340)

Not a fan of Venture Bros though, I blind bought it because my friends all said it was awesome but I just could never get into it. Oh well.

It is a really subtle and slow rolling humor. I am not even typing that condescendingly it took me forever to appreciate it and I can't even believe I came around.

It is the year after year tv show version of watching a "blah" movie...then getting it 3\4th of the way in then having to go back again to enjoy the whole thing.

Deberg_1990 04-18-2013 09:30 PM

Hemlock Grove drops tomorrow

Swanman 04-19-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Cuckold (Post 9570340)

I saw Dethklok in concert recently and it was a great show. Every song had its own cartoon accompaniment and it was very R-rated for the most part. The musicians that make up the band are great, especially the drummer.

007 04-19-2013 03:14 PM

no sign of Chuck yet

whoman69 04-23-2013 09:14 AM

I have to say I'm disappointed in their limited selection and arbitrary library. The new shows from cartoon network only have about half the actual episodes.
Why is it they have the original True Grit but not Rooster Cogburn? Trying to find a good movie on there takes a lucky search.

Chazno 04-23-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9616536)
I have to say I'm disappointed in their limited selection and arbitrary library. The new shows from cartoon network only have about half the actual episodes.
Why is it they have the original True Grit but not Rooster Cogburn? Trying to find a good movie on there takes a lucky search.

I've been with netflix since early on and while I wont say they have a great library. They have improved their library a thousand times over. I wouldn't hesitate to say they have the best subscription based streaming service.

If you are looking for new TV shows, you wont find them until they are at least a season old and their DVD has been out a few months. This isn't a netflix issue, this is the content producers wanting the DVD sales.

Deberg_1990 04-23-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9616536)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazno (Post 9616594)
This isn't a netflix issue, this is the content producers wanting the DVD sales.

This is why they are getting into the "original programming" game.

Rausch 04-23-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9601496)
Hemlock Grove drops tomorrow

I've watched about 7 or 8 eps and I'm still undecided.

Going the Lost route of throwing out a lot of questions and not giving out any answers...

SLAG 04-23-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9604227)
no sign of Chuck yet

I remember waiting for the wonder years but it took them 3 months longer than I had read about - and when they did have it it had a shitty theme song.

I wonder if Netflix is fixing the Theme song (cake) due to contracts or something.

Also see: Married with Children

Deberg_1990 04-24-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9619290)
I remember waiting for the wonder years but it took them 3 months longer than I had read about - and when they did have it it had a shitty theme song.

I wonder if Netflix is fixing the Theme song (cake) due to contracts or something.

Also see: Married with Children

I dont think thats a Netflix problem. Its a rights issue getting the songs that aired originally with these shows. It would be the same if you bought the box sets. Its a problem with a ton of old shows. Especially ones that featured alot of music like WKRP in Cinncinati.

Archie F. Swin 04-24-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9617012)
I've watched about 7 or 8 eps and I'm still undecided.

Going the Lost route of throwing out a lot of questions and not giving out any answers...

after 3 episodes I gave it the finger...

....the opposite of thumbs up

Rausch 04-24-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9620850)

It's like the writers of Twilight and Fringe got together to do a show and had the guy from American Horror Story direct it.

Then some suit said "Moar sex! Needs moar sex scenes!"

kcxiv 04-24-2013 03:20 PM

it doesnt have that many sex scenes half the time you dont see anything. I thought it was decent as i finished all episodes lastnight.

its alot better then most shit in this genre thats on tv. at least to me.

Rausch 04-24-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9621188)
it doesnt have that many sex scenes half the time you dont see anything. I thought it was decent as i finished all episodes lastnight.

its alot better then most shit in this genre thats on tv. at least to me.

No spoilers but do they ever reveal what any of the main characters (Evil son, Evil mom, disfigured sister) really are?

kcxiv 04-24-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9621214)
No spoilers but do they ever reveal what any of the main characters (Evil son, Evil mom, disfigured sister) really are?

i put it in the spoiler tag, but its not a spoiler lol

Spoiler!

underEJ 04-24-2013 05:22 PM

Watching Top of the Lake, a Jane Campion show from New Zealand. Crime drama, with Elizabeth Moss from Mad Men. 2 episodes in out of 7, and I like it so far. Moss' accent is kind of messy, but it isn't that big of a deal. The characters are cool, and the scenery is beautiful.

I guess it played on Sundance channel, but I hadn't heard of it until netflix suggested it.

Rausch 04-24-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9621219)
i put it in the spoiler tag, but its not a spoiler lol

Spoiler!

:cuss:

penguinz 04-26-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9620850)

I have not made it more than 15 minutes into the first episode before passing out from boredom. I have tried watching it at least 10 times now.

|Zach| 04-26-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9630528)
I have not made it more than 15 minutes into the first episode before passing out from boredom. I have tried watching it at least 10 times now.

You watched 15 mins of a show for over 2 hours?

Baby Lee 10-30-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9619588)
I dont think thats a Netflix problem. Its a rights issue getting the songs that aired originally with these shows. It would be the same if you bought the box sets. Its a problem with a ton of old shows. Especially ones that featured alot of music like WKRP in Cinncinati.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/tv/come...omplete-series

Most, but not all, of the music rights secured.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/editori...i-music-update

Deberg_1990 10-30-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11072123)

Yea, I saw that. I might have to order that. Haven't seen this show in decades. It's pretty much disappeared from syndication.