ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****THE OFFICIAL DRAFT TYLER BRAY THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269117)

Tribal Warfare 01-20-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9336730)
Dude, wtf is up with the Danger Zone video in your sig?

I liked the song back in the day, just seems like an odd choice for a sig.

Just a tune I like, and it presents an opinion that it's time to turn and burn with the new regime.

O.city 01-20-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9336805)
Sac? The Geno homer who's saying Geno is better than RG3?

That says enough right there.

Well I was talking about the article that broke down how the offenses are different but its cool

htismaqe 01-20-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9336663)
As a kirk cousins type, yes.

Bray vs Cousins is like night and day.

Cousins = high floor, low ceiling

Bray = low floor, high ceiling

htismaqe 01-20-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9336805)
Sac? The Geno homer who's saying Geno is better than RG3?

That says enough right there.

Still clinging to something that never happened...

RunKC 01-20-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9337175)
Still clinging to something that never happened...

Someone didn't read the Geno thread.

listopencil 01-20-2013 07:21 PM

http://totalfratmove.com/wp-content/...1113732457.jpg

listopencil 01-20-2013 07:22 PM

Having that tattoo is worse than having an imaginary dead girlfriend.

Setsuna 01-20-2013 07:22 PM

He better fall to the second or I'll rage this board and the Jags board. He is meant to be a Jaguar.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-20-2013 07:24 PM

We have the first pick, I want the best QB, Bray isn't it, bye!!

Red Dawg 01-20-2013 07:25 PM

Bray sucks and Glennon sucks just as bad.

Setsuna 01-20-2013 07:31 PM

Oh and obligatory

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps5ccc60f9.gif

Pasta Little Brioni 01-20-2013 07:32 PM

You will be stuck with Gabbert and you will like it.

htismaqe 01-20-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9337193)
Someone didn't read the Geno thread.

ROFL

I know exactly what was said and it definitely was NOT "Geno is better than RG3".

It's pretty sad that you can't defend your position without lying.

Setsuna 01-20-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9337286)
You will be stuck with Gabbert and you will like it.

ROFLLMAOROFL First it was Tebow, now it's Gabbert. You've lost your burst. For all time.

Tribal Warfare 01-20-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9337244)
Bray sucks and Glennon sucks just as bad.

Bray's WR didn't do him any favors, and then he started to press and if he gets serious about his craft he'll be a BAMF.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 08:00 PM

OP updated...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VwvGZmotfBI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe 01-20-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9337417)
Bray's WR didn't do him any favors, and then he started to press and if he gets serious about his craft he'll be a BAMF.

The fact that he doesn't seem to be serious about his craft, at this point in his career, is a big red flag, though.

He's about as risky as they come. Huge upside though.

Tribal Warfare 01-20-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9337479)
The fact that he doesn't seem to be serious about his craft, at this point in his career, is a big red flag, though.

He's about as risky as they come. Huge upside though.

Marino was the same way it just depends who wants to be. A great QB like Marino, or a **** up like Mallet.

htismaqe 01-20-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9337610)
Marino was the same way it just depends who wants to be. A great QB like Marino, or a **** up like Mallet.

Marino certainly got serious about being a QB. I hope Bray also concentrates on being a good teammate and locker room leader, though.

chiefzilla1501 01-20-2013 08:32 PM

No. When picking QBs, character absolutely matters. It predicts how hard the guy will work at improving his game, how much time he spends in the film room, how he will react to coaching, and whether he can motivate and energize his teammates.

If we are assuming we are skipping the QB in the first round, which I think is crazy, I would much rather we draft Aaron Murray.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9337789)
No. When picking QBs, character absolutely matters. It predicts how hard the guy will work at improving his game, how much time he spends in the film room, how he will react to coaching, and whether he can motivate and energize his teammates.

If we are assuming we are skipping the QB in the first round, which I think is crazy, I would much rather we draft Aaron Murray.

:spock:

htismaqe 01-20-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9337789)

He's going back to school.

chiefzilla1501 01-20-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9337814)
He's going back to school.

Ah. In that case, I'm just not interested in Bray unless for some reason, his draft value makes him a steal.

Setsuna 01-20-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9337888)
Ah. In that case, I'm just not interested in Bray unless for some reason, his draft value makes him a steal.

**** you. You can't have him! :#

cdcox 01-20-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9336409)
At least we're not talking about him at #1. (yet) Guy badly needed another year.

Why? He isn't getting any better. He's basically the same player he was when he was a freshman. Big warning sign for me. Tennessee still doesn't give him more than one read and half the field to work with. How coachable is he?

RunKC 01-20-2013 11:53 PM

No doubt Bray has the biggest ceiling in the draft. This kid gets serious and he could be a top 5 QB.

This is going to be one of the most interesting combines we've seen in a long time.

Mecca 01-20-2013 11:56 PM

What's going to be interesting is how in the last several years the "intangibles" have matter more than the physical in this offseason stuff to QB's.

BossChief 01-20-2013 11:56 PM

If Andy Reid and John Dorsey thought enough of this kid to take him with the top spot in the first (or with our second rounder as you suggest) we should be pretty excited about the potential because that means they bought into his ability to be a leader.

He has EVERYRHING you could ever hope for from a physical standpoint.

RunKC 01-21-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9338386)
If Andy Reid and John Dorsey thought enough of this kid to take him with the top spot in the first (or with our second rounder as you suggest) we should be pretty excited about the potential because that means they bought into his ability to be a leader.

He has EVERYRHING you could ever hope for from a physical standpoint.

Yep. Reid took a shot on T.O. so character has never been the final say on a player.

I think the biggest question is where do you take him if you want him? I don't think he'll be there at 34.

Titty Meat 01-21-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9338385)
What's going to be interesting is how in the last several years the "intangibles" have matter more than the physical in this offseason stuff to QB's.

Matt Barkley.

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9338388)
Yep. Reid took a shot on T.O. so character has never been the final say on a player.

I think the biggest question is where do you take him if you want him? I don't think he'll be there at 34.

QB is different. One of Reid's first questions is undoubtedly going to be whether the guy can respond to coaching.

I don't think Bray can. It's what I really don't like about him. I don't care about character, as long as they have a good work ethic and can earn respect from their teammates.

Mecca 01-21-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9338389)
Matt Barkley.

I do think he's on the radar a lot more than some others do.

cdcox 01-21-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9338388)

And how did that turn out?

dumster fire

BossChief 01-21-2013 12:07 AM

I think Barkley is why they would be willing to trade down.

BossChief 01-21-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9338397)
And how did that turn out?

dumster fire

Superbowl.

RunKC 01-21-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9338399)

I agree.

Mecca 01-21-2013 12:11 AM

I at this point do think Barkley will solidify himself as a top 10 pick.

RunKC 01-21-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9338409)
I at this point do think Barkley will solidify himself as a top 10 pick.

I think he's going to blow away everyone at the combine and have the best interview of any QB. From what I've heard, this kid is really smart when it comes to X's and O's.

Schefter said this afternoon that he could be taken by us at 1.

BossChief 01-21-2013 12:13 AM

If we stay at 1, Geno is the pick....Barkley is probably the guy they'd take if they can move back to 5-10 and score multiethnic firsts and seconds out of the deal ala rg3 trade.

Crush 01-21-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9338399)

Barkley is not making it out of the top ten. It would be foolish to even contemplate trading down.

BossChief 01-21-2013 12:16 AM

Smith is the only clean guy that will improve his draft stock at the combine.

Barkley will knock the interviews out of the park but will have medical concerns, as will Wilson.

Crush 01-21-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9338419)
Smith is the only clean guy that will improve his draft stock at the combine.

Barkley will knock the interviews out of the park but will have medical concerns, as will Wilson.

There are too many QB-starved teams for those concerns to hurt their stock too much.

cdcox 01-21-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9338401)
Superbowl.

Not a victory and even if it was, one is not enough. We're building a dyansty.

BossChief 01-21-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9338416)
Barkley is not making it out of the top ten. It would be foolish to even contemplate trading down.

He has physical limitations that cause him to not be scheme diverse. I think he is a pure WCO guy in the NFL and therefore could fall farther than some think because of the limited market.

Like any other quarterback prospect though, all it takes is one team to fall in love with you.

BossChief 01-21-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9338421)
There are too many QB-starved teams for those concerns to hurt their stock too much.

Wilsons concussion history will absolutely scare off teams.

He is a guy that could only play a couple years and be forced to retire.

RunKC 01-21-2013 12:34 AM

I will be shocked if the Cardinals pass on Barkley.

Tribal Warfare 01-21-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9338427)
Wilsons concussion history will absolutely scare off teams.

He is a guy that could only play a couple years and be forced to retire.

Like Chris Chandler

Mecca 01-21-2013 12:54 AM

Also with Barkley not just X's and O's he's a legit great guy with leadership skills off the charts.

Titty Meat 01-21-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9338393)
I do think he's on the radar a lot more than some others do.

Absolutely. Hes the perfect wco qb.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 06:26 AM

No to this dink and dunk shit.

Two of the biggest arms are in the Super Bowl. We need someone who can stretch the field for a change. Do not want Barkley.

SAUTO 01-21-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9338413)
If we stay at 1, Geno is the pick....Barkley is probably the guy they'd take if they can move back to 5-10 and score multiethnic firsts and seconds out of the deal ala rg3 trade.

So we have to draft different ethnicities with the firsts?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 01-21-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9338443)
Like Chris Chandler

Stupid post.

The NFL is different now
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 01-21-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9338518)
No to this dink and dunk shit.

Two of the biggest arms are in the Super Bowl. We need someone who can stretch the field for a change. Do not want Barkley.

He won't clear medically after being injured so bad that he couldn't compete and play for over two months.

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2013 10:21 AM

If we're talking about upsides....
Geno Smith is Aaron Rodgers
Matt Barkley is Christian Ponder
Tyler Bray is Jay Cutler
Tyler Wilson is Matt Stafford

Umm... yeah, there shouldn't be any debate that our guy is Geno.

BigMeatballDave 01-21-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9338444)
Also with Barkley not just X's and O's he's a legit great guy with leadership skills off the charts.

I AM SHOCKED THAT YOU ARE PIMPING A USC GUY!1!

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9338385)

By the way, I agree with this. NFL players have to have a certain base physical skill set. But let's be real here, unless you have ungodly, unique talent like Big Ben does, the biggest predictor of NFL success will be how much work you're willing to put in, how well you respond to coaching, and how well you can lead your team.

Plenty of very talented QBs who were missing one of those three things. Tyler Bray scares me because he's probably missing all 3.

RUSH 01-21-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9338721)
If we're talking about upsides....
Geno Smith is Aaron Rodgers
Matt Barkley is Christian Ponder
Tyler Bray is Jay Cutler
Tyler Wilson is Matt Stafford

Umm... yeah, there shouldn't be any debate that our guy is Geno.

Barkley's upside is Ponder? That's complete horseshit.

I'm not the biggest Barkley fan and he had a down year, but he's a much better prospect than Ponder was and I'll even say he's better than Ponder right now.

If I had to choose an upside for him, I'd say Rivers or Romo.

Saul Good 01-21-2013 10:52 AM

I'd compare Barkley to Chad Pennington more than Ponder.

Manila-Chief 01-21-2013 10:57 AM

A disclaimer ... I want a QBOTF out of this draft. I'm afraid we will not get one because Dorsey has made it clear he will stay true to his board and "not jump a player." I know I'm not qualified to draft a QB, but from my limited knowledge, I want Geno. I think he will best fit Andy's offense.

Therefore, in the spirit of the OP ... the question is what are the chances of finding a QBOTF in the 2nd. - 7th. rounds? After watching most of the NFC game yesterday, a couple things stand out.
1. Miami & St. Loser passed on Matt Ryan for a lineman ... I think because of BPA. Seems to me we just might repeat this fatal action?
2. But, Kaepernick out played Ryan. So, how do we find our Colin? http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...1/quarterbacks had him ranked 7th. QB and 57th. over all. First, that tells me to pay absolutely no attention to that turkey. 2nd. maybe we hired the wrong GM ... maybe the guy from San Fran can evaluate QB's better? They traded up to draft him. 3rd. it takes an excellent coach to "coach up" a later round pick, and to know when to play him.

So the question is ... who is the #7 ranked QB this year or our copy of Russel Wilson ... BTW couldn't find where Scouts, INC rated him.

As I have said, I don't have faith that Dorsey (who will have the final say) will select a QB in the 1st. ... therefore it's a crap shoot if we will ever have a true #1 QB.

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9338767)

I'm not the biggest Barkley fan and he had a down year, but he's a much better prospect than Ponder was and I'll even say he's better than Ponder right now.

That's fair.I do think Ponder and Barkley walk in with very similar pedigrees. Both were drafted for leadership and X's and O's, both have arm injuries that limit draft stock, and both have arms that keep them from making all the NFL throws. But you're right that Barkley has a lot more proven experience in the X's and O's, and very good experience at that.

I'm not a fan of the Rivers and Romo comparisons, because it doesn't factor in attitude or leadership. Barkley's attitude is much better. Come to think of it, this is a tough one. Maybe Hasselbeck is more appropriate.

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9338796)
I'd compare Barkley to Chad Pennington more than Ponder.

I was thinking the same thing. But Barkley has a much better arm, and Pennington has much better downfield accuracy (even if he can't make all the downfield throws).

KurtCobain 01-21-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9338825)
That's fair.I do think Ponder and Barkley walk in with very similar pedigrees. Both were drafted for leadership and X's and O's, both have arm injuries that limit draft stock, and both have arms that keep them from making all the NFL throws. But you're right that Barkley has a lot more proven experience in the X's and O's, and very good experience at that.

I'm not a fan of the Rivers and Romo comparisons, because it doesn't factor in attitude or leadership. Barkley's attitude is much better. Come to think of it, this is a tough one. Maybe Hasselbeck is more appropriate.

it's a tough one because there's nobody good to compare him to.

dallaschiefsfan 01-21-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manila-Chief (Post 9338813)
A disclaimer ... I want a QBOTF out of this draft. I'm afraid we will not get one because Dorsey has made it clear he will stay true to his board and "not jump a player." I know I'm not qualified to draft a QB, but from my limited knowledge, I want Geno. I think he will best fit Andy's offense.

Therefore, in the spirit of the OP ... the question is what are the chances of finding a QBOTF in the 2nd. - 7th. rounds? After watching most of the NFC game yesterday, a couple things stand out.
1. Miami & St. Loser passed on Matt Ryan for a lineman ... I think because of BPA. Seems to me we just might repeat this fatal action?
2. But, Kaepernick out played Ryan. So, how do we find our Colin? http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...1/quarterbacks had him ranked 7th. QB and 57th. over all. First, that tells me to pay absolutely no attention to that turkey. 2nd. maybe we hired the wrong GM ... maybe the guy from San Fran can evaluate QB's better? They traded up to draft him. 3rd. it takes an excellent coach to "coach up" a later round pick, and to know when to play him.

So the question is ... who is the #7 ranked QB this year or our copy of Russel Wilson ... BTW couldn't find where Scouts, INC rated him.

As I have said, I don't have faith that Dorsey (who will have the final say) will select a QB in the 1st. ... therefore it's a crap shoot if we will ever have a true #1 QB.

IMO, this is a case of false linkage. Kaepernick wasn't exactly lights out yesterday. SF's running game was solid...more at the top of their game than the passing game. Ryan clearly played better in the stat line. SF's defense...while not having their best game at all...rose to the occasion and took care of business when it had to. Atlanta's D took a crap. I don't think any of this makes much of a case for looking for "our Kaepernick".

silver5liter 01-21-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

. Barkley doesn't have close to their arm strength

fairladyZ 01-21-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9339001)

barkley's arm is alot stronger than people give him credit for. Everything i've watched his arm is closer to geno's than people like to think

ToxSocks 01-21-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

This. People severly underestimate him. Must be a USC thing.

RunKC 01-21-2013 12:17 PM

Matt Barkley's upside is Christian Ponder? What?

I guess he should just retire now then LMAO

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9338578)
He won't clear medically after being injured so bad that he couldn't compete and play for over two months.

He was out a month which is a standard shoulder injury time frame.

Titty Meat 01-21-2013 12:24 PM

Bradford didn't even play a full game his last season in college and still was drafted #1. Barkley is a better player.

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 12:26 PM

Matt Barkley got hurt November 24, the last USC game was December 31. Don't know how you get 2 months out of that but whatever floats your boat.

Titty Meat 01-21-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339067)
Matt Barkley got hurt November 24, the last USC game was December 31. Don't know how you get 2 months out of that but whatever floats your boat.

Its the same shit everyone does on here when theres a player they dont like.

Tribal Warfare 01-21-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339067)

December, January, then the combine. Over two months and I doubt he'll throw or run too.

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9339074)
December, January, then the combine. Over two moths and I doubt he'll throw or run too

Oh darn he missed out on the Senior Bowl. Sure missing a hell of alot. But you are the dumbass quarterback whisper.

Tribal Warfare 01-21-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339076)
Oh darn he missed out on the Senior Bowl. Sure missing a hell of alot. But you are the dumbass quarterback whisper.

Yep who called Kaepernick and Flacco

Saul Good 01-21-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9338826)
I was thinking the same thing. But Barkley has a much better arm, and Pennington has much better downfield accuracy (even if he can't make all the downfield throws).

Pennington's arm coming out of college was as good as Barkley's. He sustained injuries that weakened an already mediocre arm.

SAUTO 01-21-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339076)

hey now, his daddy played qb in the league.

pee wee league that is

RUSH 01-21-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9339001)

Disagree. Barkley's arm is not weak. It's not strong but it's definitely not weak and plenty good enough for the NFL. Rivers has lost all the zip on the ball these past few years, so I'd definitely disagree there. Probably right on Romo but it's not a vast difference.

And when I said his upside is Romo or Rivers, I didn't mean that is who he compares to as a QB. I'm referring to how good he can become, and I think that level is attainable if he lands with the right team.

It's tough to come up with a comparison to Barkley. The one I see a lot of is Andy Dalton, but I think that's selling Barkley short.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9339139)
It's tough to come up with a comparison to Barkley. The one I see a lot of is Andy Dalton, but I think that's selling Barkley short.

I'm glad you added that last part because for me, Andy Dalton is thoroughly meh.

RUSH 01-21-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339142)
I'm glad you added that last part because for me, Andy Dalton is thoroughly meh.

Agreed, I would hate to have Dalton as my team's QB.

Not good enough to win you a super bowl, but not bad enough to replace him. Football purgatory.

It's like having a NBA team that gets the 7 or 8 seed each year. You make the playoffs, but you don't have a chance once you get there and not much chance to improve since you aren't in the lottery to potentially get a superstar.

The Bengals should draft a QB every single year in hopes of finding a hidden gem.

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 01:55 PM

I think Andy Dalton would be the absoluete floor of Matt Barkley. The worst he will be would be Dalton.