ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will Dwayne Bowe's baggage scare teams away? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269906)

Brock 02-11-2013 06:07 PM

Yeah, all that baggage that nobody can seem to name.

SAUTO 02-11-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9394668)
Like the fact excluding this year he's 4th in dropped passes.

Who are the top three?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9394709)
Who are the top three?
Posted via Mobile Device

....and Sauto ends the discussion. Nice.

saphojunkie 02-11-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9394399)
Maybe because the drops he has are more memorable. I don't give a crap if the wide receiver makes a 100 beautiful catches in a season if he drops easy ones that could win games in the end zone.

Oh his drops are SO much more memorable.

jackass. :rolleyes:

Frankie 02-11-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9394649)
So you'd rather have a flashy guy who racks up 200 yards in a blowout then a guy who scores a touchdown with the game on the line? Check.

a lot of those games that the last TD would have won we were in striking distance because BOWE made great TD catches.

OnTheWarpath15 02-11-2013 06:42 PM

Yeah, baggage.

Like when he was banned from participating in high school athletics in Virginia.

Or when he wrestled his college WR coach to the ground by the neck in a fit of rage.

Or when he failed multiple drug tests that his college HC swept under the rug, or the one he failed while at the NFL combine.

Or that he's an entitled ****stain, playing only when he wants to, and blaming headaches when he doesn't.

Oh, wait. That's Percy Harvin. The guy who actually HAS BAGGAGE, yet the media ignores it.

Bowe's the bad guy. Hope like hell we re-sign this goddamn menace to society.

HotCarl 02-11-2013 06:43 PM

Bowe is the type of player we didn't used to let get away. We may have been spendthrift to a fault in the past at a few positions, we may have had some tough negotiations, but the cornerstones like Holmes and Gonzalez were locked up.

SAUTO 02-11-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9394726)

Might as well keep it honest at least, I mean if the top there are slappy MC slapperson and his blind brothers then he has a point.

I'm doubting it's them though
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie 02-11-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9394726)

Off topic, but I read his user name as Jason's Auto which would mean Sauto is the wrong reference. But then I may be wrong. :)

SAUTO 02-11-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9394751)
Yeah, baggage.

Like when he was banned from participating in high school athletics in Virginia.

Or when he wrestled his college WR coach to the ground by the neck in a fit of rage.

Or when he failed multiple drug tests that his college HC swept under the rug, or the one he failed while at the NFL combine.

Or that he's an entitled ****stain, playing only when he wants to, and blaming headaches when he doesn't.

Oh, wait. That's Percy Harvin. The guy who actually HAS BAGGAGE, yet the media ignores it.

this. And you spelled out my reasons to pass on harvin to a t
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 02-11-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9394765)
Off topic, but I read his user name as Jason's Auto which would mean Sauto is the wrong reference. But then I may be wrong. :)

You are wrong as usual.

I'm a little Asian guy. cross eyed too.
Posted via Mobile Device

HC_Chief 02-11-2013 06:47 PM

Peter King is a hack.

Frankie 02-11-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9394751)
Yeah, baggage.

:clap:

Wasn't a thread here in which most everyone was drooling at Harvin's availability?

Frankie 02-11-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9394768)
You are wrong as usual.

Posted via Mobile Device

Let go of my leg. You are pulling too hard.

SAUTO 02-11-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9394780)
Let go of my leg. You are pulling too hard.

As long as it's just your leg I'm good. I didn't look when I latched on...
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9394765)

I envision him as an Asian-American midget hence Sauto :)

GloryDayz 02-11-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9394399)
Maybe because the drops he has are more memorable. I don't give a crap if the wide receiver makes a 100 beautiful catches in a season if he drops easy ones that could win games in the end zone.

This...

Nice guy and all, perhaps has TONS of talent, but in the end there were enough instances where balls were dropped that either lead to the conclusion that he actually isn't as talented as we thought, lacks focus, and/or wasn't putting it all out there "to win the game" (saving himself for his next team maybe???) when the expectation is to catch almost everything that touches your hands. The only other reason is the ball has Pam on it, and that I'm doubting...

SAUTO 02-11-2013 07:15 PM

Saving himself for the next team?

Sorry man but that just sounds ignorant. It makes no ****ing sense
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 02-11-2013 07:16 PM

**** peter king. Funny how he mentions every other team that needs a QB for Flacco but KC. He's like CLE will be all over him..ya and ya think KC wont be?

SAUTO 02-11-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9394838)
**** peter king. Funny how he mentions every other team that needs a QB for Flacco but KC. He's like CLE will be all over him..ya and ya think KC wont be?

He hasn't figured out Pioli was fired, Pioli said himself flacco shouldn't get big money until he gets a few more pelts on the wall
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna 02-11-2013 07:23 PM

ROFL yall are so ****ing reeruned. All that shit you listed about Harvin was how many years ago? Yall are raging over shit they're referencing for Bowe 3 years ago. Yet for someone else yall are, "Oh noes!" Dumb ****s.

BigMeatballDave 02-11-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9394857)
ROFL yall are so ****ing reeruned. All that shit you listed about Harvin was how many years ago? Yall are raging over shit they're referencing for Bowe 3 years ago. Yet for someone else yall are, "Oh noes!" Dumb ****s.

Simply due to the fact that you didn't get OTWP's overall tone of his post, makes you a moron.

SAUTO 02-11-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Harvin had altercations with his coach this past year
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 02-11-2013 07:32 PM

And Bowe only said something stupid and used diuretics.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner 02-11-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9394825)
This...

Nice guy and all, perhaps has TONS of talent, but in the end there were enough instances where balls were dropped that either lead to the conclusion that he actually isn't as talented as we thought, lacks focus, and/or wasn't putting it all out there "to win the game" (saving himself for his next team maybe???) when the expectation is to catch almost everything that touches your hands. The only other reason is the ball has Pam on it, and that I'm doubting...

he's not clutch -- at least, not so far. but, he's about the best WR in the league at boxing out defenders and he has worked hard to become quick, run routes and he's the best blocker WR in the game, among the best ever imo.

Bowe began the 2012 season with a drop, but he was at his best ever after a few games, dismal season that it was. He was as guilty as the next guy for this dreadful year, but I really liked what I saw at one point there and he did have critical drops in his past, but I just think that he has put the work in to become his best and with a new WCO plus QB & coaches, I believe Bowe will become elite in any critic's eyes.

Folks may argue about his contract or that he is not worth yadayada, I am not counting on Bowe to make it into the HOF, but I think his best is just ahead.

Mother****erJones 02-11-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Did you not know about Harvins issues with Frazier this year? Go do research before you go name calling.

Ace Gunner 02-11-2013 07:37 PM

and :D
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/27dQ-CaGJgw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Setsuna 02-11-2013 07:42 PM

Like I give a shit about that. I know about that. Like that matters one iota. Doesn't matter. Yall won't get him anyway.

SAUTO 02-11-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9394893)
Like I give a shit about that. I know about that. Like that matters one iota. Doesn't matter. Yall won't get him anyway.

It matters.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 02-11-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Go take your ball and go home:deevee:

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-11-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

The Jags can trade the #2, their second rounder and Gabbert for the #1 overall and the Chiefs can take Wilson.

Mama Hip Rockets 02-11-2013 08:33 PM

I am really sick of people bashing Bowe. He has less "baggage" than 90 percent of the wide receivers in the league, and he is a better football player than 90 percent of the wide receivers in the league. Leave the man alone.

Mother****erJones 02-11-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9395049)
The Jags can trade the #2, their second rounder and Gabbert for the #1 overall and the Chiefs can take Wilson.

Youre in time out for that!:)

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-11-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9395079)
Youre in time out for that!:)

Two 1st round QBs and the #33 and #34 picks. Gabbert is so cheap for a veteran. The not very good part though..

mcaj22 02-11-2013 08:48 PM

you guys do realize Percy Harvin was doing this season what you all wished Bowe or a skill player would have done to Matt Cassel/Brady Quinn/Brian Daboll right

when the team has a QB throwing for 60 yards and Percy Harvin is in an argument over why the offense isnt generating any points in close games

he's a problem

meanwhile, it's no different than you fans flying banners before Chiefs games really.

All his altercations stem from the offense crapping the bed while the Vikings defense kept them in games, mainly Christian Ponders awful passing. Pretty much the same exact thing as Matt Castle

but yea Percy Harvin is the problem, the guy with playmaking ability going out there and making the best of the few catches he does get and leading the league in broken tackles on top of it, had NOTHING to do with him being upset at the dog shit QB he had to work with.

If Percy was a Chief in 2012 and he did the same thing to Matt Cassel and Brian Daboll as he did to Lesilie Frazie, the OC and whoever else you people would have called him your hero and a martyr

He's what you wish Eric Winston was.

tk13 02-11-2013 08:50 PM

I'm really curious to what he did wrong. He had to do something that really rubbed people the wrong way. There are too many people to seem to have a problem with him. Mellinger was always cracking jokes about him too. Chris Collinsworth always seemed to act like he was a diva, etc, etc.

SAUTO 02-11-2013 08:51 PM

He choke slammed a coach at Florida.

I'm sure that had to do with being in a shit offense too.

or the guy could just be a ****ing asshole
Posted via Mobile Device

tk13 02-11-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9395146)
you guys do realize Percy Harvin was doing this season what you all wished Bowe or a skill player would have done to Matt Cassel/Brady Quinn/Brian Daboll right

when the team has a QB throwing for 60 yards and Percy Harvin is in an argument over why the offense isnt generating any points in close games

he's a problem

meanwhile, it's no different than you fans flying banners before Chiefs games really.

All his altercations stem from the offense crapping the bed while the Vikings defense kept them in games, mainly Christian Ponders awful passing. Pretty much the same exact thing as Matt Castle

but yea Percy Harvin is the problem, the guy with playmaking ability going out there and making the best of the few catches he does get and leading the league in broken tackles on top of it, had NOTHING to do with him being upset at the dog shit QB he had to work with.

If Percy was a Chief in 2012 and he did the same thing to Matt Cassel and Brian Daboll as he did to Lesilie Frazie, the OC and whoever else you people would have called him your hero and a martyr

It just depends. If this team drafts Geno and someone does that, he probably won't be a hero.

RealSNR 02-11-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9395146)

he's a problem

He's also a pussy who gets headaches.

mcaj22 02-11-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9395197)
He's also a pussy who gets headaches.

i wont argue that he has a little "Allen Iverson" in him where he gets away with missing practice

i was simply pointing out why he was made at the Vikings in 2012. It was very clear that the offensive passing gameplan was a huge pile of shit, and that directly affects him. So yeah he's going to be mad when Christian Ponder throws for 60 yards.

I wish Bowe would have called out Brian Daboll and Matt Cassel when the Chiefs threw for 30 yards and 5 picks every game, but ya know. I'm just not going to fault Harvin for calling out people who suck dog shit when I for 16 games was hoping for any Chief to do that, and instead got some garbage nonsense from Eric Winston.

SAUTO 02-11-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9395209)
i wont argue that he has a little "Allen Iverson" in him where he gets away with missing practice

i was simply pointing out why he was made at the Vikings in 2012. It was very clear that the offensive passing gameplan was a huge pile of shit, and that directly affects him. So yeah he's going to be mad when Christian Ponder throws for 60 yards.

I wish Bowe would have called out Brian Daboll and Matt Cassel when the Chiefs threw for 30 yards and 5 picks every game, but ya know. I'm just not going to fault Harvin for calling out people who suck dog shit when I for 16 games was hoping for any Chief to do that, and instead got some garbage nonsense from Eric Winston.

How do you know why he was made at the Vikings?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 02-11-2013 09:12 PM

It's actually because they wouldn't pay him
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22 02-11-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9395258)
How do you know why he was made at the Vikings?
Posted via Mobile Device

because there are multiple articles on nfl throughout the season talking about it?

SAUTO 02-11-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9395378)
because there are multiple articles on nfl throughout the season talking about it?

Really? Did they also talk about the confrontation with the hc?

I somewhat remember that only coming out after the season, and they put him on ir right after it.

He is a cancer.

be an asshole all you want. But you have to be a good teammate.
Posted via Mobile Device

HotCarl 02-11-2013 09:42 PM

He always seems to be banged up, you have the attitude issues, and while Harvin is a good player, he's not a great one.

If you normalize his production, you probably get 60-70 receptions, 800 yards, 5 touchdowns, maybe 1 more on a kickoff (he doesn't return punts). Those numbers aren't THAT gaudy. At least, you could find that sort of production in someone cheaper and who won't be a problem.

Ace Gunner 02-11-2013 09:45 PM

Harvin is too streaky for my taste. He's young, so it's a chance the right coach might be able to turn him into a terror.

mcaj22 02-11-2013 09:59 PM

im not saying i want Harvin, but I'm just saying his gripes of a shitty QB are being blown out of proportion. He wasnt happy with the Vikings before the season even started so Im not sure why people are shocked that he wasnt happy with them during the season, then he tore a ligament in his ankle, all while still putting up career numbers through nine games.

He just doesnt want to be there. You see it with tons of players, Jared Allen didnt want to be with the Chiefs and that god awful coaching staff, GM, QB, etc at that point in his career either and he left for another team, got old, got married and you havent heard a peep out of him. It happens.

I dont want to give up the pick or money for Harvin either. I'm just saying the perspective of it comes down to Greg Jennings at 30-40 million or Percy Harvin at 50-60 million+ a draft pick.... I would gladly give up the extra 10-15 million and a pick for a much much better player

That's what I learned with Stanford Routt's 7 million to Brandon Carr's 10 million. I mean why the **** not just spend a little bit more and get the much better talent?

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-11-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9394768)
You are wrong as usual.

Posted via Mobile Device

and serve fantastic sake too!
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie 02-11-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9394783)
As long as it's just your leg I'm good. I didn't look when I latched on...
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9394820)
I envision him as an Asian-American midget hence Sauto :)

:D

J Diddy 02-11-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9394709)
Who are the top three?
Posted via Mobile Device

Wes Welker Brandon Marshall and I can't remember the other 1.

Does it matter?

J Diddy 02-11-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9394728)
Oh his drops are SO much more memorable.

jackass. :rolleyes:

http://www.kcchiefsblog.com/wp-conte...neBoweDrop.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1313162871
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...u-EGm-809sgr3A

These look pretty special too.

Dumbass.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-11-2013 11:36 PM

only if he brings the Sampsonite gorilla with him AMIRITE???
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie 02-11-2013 11:50 PM

Except every one of the pictures you posted could actually be results of inaccurate passes. But the photo he posted was an incredible catch of an obviously inaccurate pass. Just sayin'.

J Diddy 02-11-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9395868)
Except every one of the pictures you posted could actually be results of inaccurate passes. But the photo he posted was an incredible catch of an obviously inaccurate pass. Just sayin'.

Denial ain't no river, bro.

-King- 02-12-2013 12:08 AM

Why don't you list some of those clutch drops by Bowe?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-12-2013 12:09 AM

indy comes to mind...
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9395880)
Denial ain't no river, bro.

And a picture of a WR dropping a ball is a rare thing to see indeed. Why don't you post a picture of a hitter popping up.

Sofa King 02-12-2013 03:12 AM

It's amazing how long it took us to find a great wr... and now people want to ship him out like great wr's are a dime a dozen.

BigMeatballDave 02-12-2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9395900)
indy comes to mind...
Posted via Mobile Device

And that was a big drop.

He does drop the ball.

JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER WR IN THIS LEAGUE.

JDiddy is just being a little bitch about it.

He's not the only one, though.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-12-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9394825)
This...

Never go full Blackbob

SAUTO 02-12-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9395825)
Wes Welker Brandon Marshall and I can't remember the other 1.

Does it matter?

Well yeah. It most definitely matters.

Usually the top drop guys are some of the best in the game
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 02-12-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9396096)
Well yeah. It most definitely matters.

Usually the top drop guys are some of the best in the game
Posted via Mobile Device

I remember people making shit up a year or 2 ago about how Andre Johnson had never dropped a big pass. Well, I watch them play Eggo that same week and he had a chance for the go ahead TD late in the game...it bounced off his hands right to a Charger ending the game. I guess the same people knocking Bowe think AJ sucks.

Frankie 02-13-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 9396029)
It's amazing how long it took us to find a great wr... and now people want to ship him out like great wr's are a dime a dozen.

BINGO!!! Everyone is a super hero in the eyes of most Chiefs fans until they put on the Kryptonite fabric called the Chiefs uniform. It's kind of pathetic.
:shake: