ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

Aspengc8 07-11-2014 02:59 PM

confirmed, they are indeed giving three codes away. when you register and pick your system they let you know you will be receiving 3 codes shortly before the beta begins.

Pants 07-11-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10741556)
I'm gonna be so hilariously bad at this next week. I haven't used a controller in at least a decade. I remember the first week I had my playstation my thumbs were both just raw. LMAO

It's like riding a bike, man. It'll probably feel natural within 10 minutes.

keg in kc 07-11-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10741974)
It's like riding a bike, man. It'll probably feel natural within 10 minutes.

I can't remember if the last one I used even had analog joysticks. I don't think it did.

007 07-13-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10741004)
PSN makes you pay in full when you preorder. I can give you one of my extra codes whenever I get them.

I would appreciate that very much. Where did you hear about them giving 3 codes though? I'm not finding that.

007 07-13-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10741740)
confirmed, they are indeed giving three codes away. when you register and pick your system they let you know you will be receiving 3 codes shortly before the beta begins.

Never mind. awesome@!!!!

Valiant 07-13-2014 06:08 PM

Can someone tell me how is multiplayer?

From what I am reading it is borderlands2 but looks like halo. It is super easy to kill people?

Quesadilla Joe 07-13-2014 09:29 PM

I didn't like the multiplayer that much. My biggest turn off with multiplayer games is getting one hit killed and it happens a lot in Destiny with the super abilities, rocket launchers, snipers and grenades.

A lot of people loved the multiplayer though, it just wasn't for me.

keg in kc 07-13-2014 10:45 PM

Beta is apparently 4 story missions, a strike (likely the same one from alpha) and 4 mp maps. Sounds like a shitton to do.

Btw target currently has a 15% off deal for electronics, to celebrate the first year of their cartwheel app. You have to have an account ( www.cartwheel.com ) and it's only good through tomorrow ( Monday 7/14 ). It will work on consoles. Got my ps4 earlier today at a pretty fair discount (saved $82 combined off the cost of the console plus 2yr service plan plus 3mo ps+).

Valiant 07-14-2014 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10745523)
I didn't like the multiplayer that much. My biggest turn off with multiplayer games is getting one hit killed and it happens a lot in Destiny with the super abilities, rocket launchers, snipers and grenades.

A lot of people loved the multiplayer though, it just wasn't for me.

See this is what I was worried about. Ease of killing. That is what original halo was great about. So are all classes capable of ohk? Or is it weapons. Weapons balanced in pvp zones?

keg in kc 07-14-2014 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10745723)
See this is what I was worried about. Ease of killing. That is what original halo was great about. So are all classes capable of ohk? Or is it weapons. Weapons balanced in pvp zones?

I haven't played it yet, but I get the impression watching (lots of) videos that everyone is capable of it. I've seen vids from all 3 classes with (good) players demolishing people. Although the sense I get is that people like titan a lot, just this morning I watched vids of people getting 10 kill streaks on both warlock and hunter.

Of course it was alpha, balance may be different in beta, and then different again in release. Guess we'll see. It looks fun to me, but I'm not traditionally much for shooters or for PvP, so my perception is not colored at all by recent games and I don't really have any preferences.

I probably won't be doing any crucible until next week. I'm struggling a bit getting the hang of the controller and doubt I'll feel ready for anything competitive in the next few days.

007 07-14-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10745723)

This is why I generally hate MP gaming because while I empty clips aimed right at their chest and head, they kill me with one shot. its bullshit on all games.

I loved playing coop on the alpha though. As long as I can play with people and not against people I'm good.

007 07-14-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10745728)
I haven't played it yet, but I get the impression watching (lots of) videos that everyone is capable of it. I've seen vids from all 3 classes with (good) players demolishing people. Although the sense I get is that people like titan a lot, just this morning I watched vids of people getting 10 kill streaks on both warlock and hunter.

Of course it was alpha, balance may be different in beta, and then different again in release. Guess we'll see. It looks fun to me, but I'm not traditionally much for shooters or for PvP, so my perception is not colored at all by recent games and I don't really have any preferences.

I probably won't be doing any crucible until next week. I'm struggling a bit getting the hang of the controller and doubt I'll feel ready for anything competitive in the next few days.

titan had the best gun. It was over powered. I'm sure they will scale that back in the beta.

keg in kc 07-14-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10745796)
titan had the best gun. It was over powered. I'm sure they will scale that back in the beta.

I was under the impression that every class has access to every type of weapon. That while there may be individual weapons with class limitations no weapon class is tied to any character class. Is that not the case?

007 07-14-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10745812)
I was under the impression that every class has access to every type of weapon. That while there may be individual weapons with class limitations no weapon class is tied to any character class. Is that not the case?

I never found this gun on any other character. if it could be had by the other two classes I don't know where it could have been found. I was tearing shit up with this gun.

keg in kc 07-14-2014 09:00 AM

I don't think that's unexpected, with the emphasis they're putting on weapon variety. I also noticed watching a video yesterday that the guns on the gun vendor at the tower changed every three hours. I haven't seen a lot of people mention that. So they cycle through a lot.

keg in kc 07-14-2014 09:10 AM

Meant to post this last night, finally some images/details regarding the playstation exclusives: http://www.playstation.com/en-us/gam...lusive-content

Can also see at https://imgur.com/a/TlUCE

Have to say I think xbox owners have a legitimate beef. A year is a long time for a "timed exclusive". But on the flip side, it's why I have a ps4 now, so kudos to sony for smart marketing.

Some of that stuff looks great.

Mother****erJones 07-14-2014 10:13 AM

Can't wait to play this. Been playing blacklist which is fun but like guru said you can unload a clip on someone and a few bullets can take you down

keg in kc 07-14-2014 11:56 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QJsIY7RrVuY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jiveturkey 07-15-2014 07:18 AM

Why is Destiny so much more expensive on the Playstation Store?

I currently have it pre-ordered on Amazon and they sent me my beta code like a month ago (lost it). So I was thinking about cancelling that order and just ordering it off of the store but it's like $20 more.

Aspengc8 07-15-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10745863)
Meant to post this last night, finally some images/details regarding the playstation exclusives: http://www.playstation.com/en-us/gam...lusive-content

Have to say I think xbox owners have a legitimate beef. A year is a long time for a "timed exclusive". But on the flip side, it's why I have a ps4 now, so kudos to sony for smart marketing.

In the grand scheme of the game, its not really much. The amount of rare loot you will be coming across, you probably wont hold on to the exclusive items for long.

keg in kc 07-15-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10747506)
In the grand scheme of the game, its not really much. The amount of rare loot you will be coming across, you probably wont hold on to the exclusive items for long.

It's not just loot. There's an exclusive strike mission and multiplayer map. And there will be more of the same with the expansions. That's the kind of stuff I think they have a legit beef about, paying the same for less content.

But I'm a ps4 owner so I won't exactly lose sleep over it...

keg in kc 07-15-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10747488)

I currently have it pre-ordered on Amazon and they sent me my beta code like a month ago (lost it). So I was thinking about cancelling that order and just ordering it off of the store but it's like $20 more.

Without knowing exactly what you're ordering I would guess the edition on psn is the guardian edition, which is a ce. The extra $20 is basically for the expansion pass, which will be (I think) $15 each or $25 together. 2 expansions announced so far.

keg in kc 07-15-2014 01:42 PM

Beta progress may carry over into live: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bun.../1100-6421127/

Personally I wouldn't bet on it, but time will tell.

007 07-15-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10748040)
Beta progress may carry over into live: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bun.../1100-6421127/

Personally I wouldn't bet on it, but time will tell.

It shouldn'tcarry over at all. Someone finds a glitch and abuses it to get better stats. Nope.

Everyone should start over on Sept 9

007 07-15-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10747488)

thats the digital Guardian Edition. You have to actually search for the regular game. Kind of annoying on PSNs part.

jiveturkey 07-15-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10748036)
Without knowing exactly what you're ordering I would guess the edition on psn is the guardian edition, which is a ce. The extra $20 is basically for the expansion pass, which will be (I think) $15 each or $25 together. 2 expansions announced so far.

That'll work. I would go the premium route either way.

And I hope that they don't carry over beta stats.

keg in kc 07-15-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10748217)

I'll probably start over even if it does. I always screw up stuff while learning a new game. Unless I get some insane drop (not likely...).

My guess is they're saying this as an incentive to get people to grind in beta. More data to crunch. But who knows. It's exceedingly rare, but occasionally games do carry beta progress over.

007 07-15-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10748217)

The Digital Guardian Edition will save you 5 bucks overall.

Quesadilla Joe 07-15-2014 04:30 PM

I don't see what the big deal would be if some progress was carried over from the beta. They're probably going to have a level cap again and during the alpha you couldn't even use rare weapons/armor because they were above the level cap.

Valiant 07-15-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10745863)

I understand 3 months max. But a year is complete BS. I actually would love to see it hardly sell any copies on xbone out of spite to end that silly shit..

I think it was a big FU to MS for keeping halo IP, which they bought from my understanding. I wonder how MS will counter, and will buy out another IP like titanfall outright. They have the money. Surprised they are not doing it more.

Valiant 07-15-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10748031)
It's not just loot. There's an exclusive strike mission and multiplayer map. And there will be more of the same with the expansions. That's the kind of stuff I think they have a legit beef about, paying the same for less content.

But I'm a ps4 owner so I won't exactly lose sleep over it...

That is my understanding, Each expansion they will give extra stuff in weapons, skins and maps to PS4.. Xbone will not be able to get that until a full year later, and even then it might not be all of the items like skins.

Which sucks, because generally a year after launch. Most of the time you can pick up gold copies with all that shit included for free for most games at a price of like 20 to 30 dollars.

keg in kc 07-15-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10748460)
I understand 3 months max. But a year is complete BS. I actually would love to see it hardly sell any copies on xbone out of spite to end that silly shit..

I think it was a big FU to MS for keeping halo IP, which they bought from my understanding. I wonder how MS will counter, and will buy out another IP like titanfall outright. They have the money. Surprised they are not doing it more.

That might be the case, but I think Sony has also put a lot of money into the title.

jiveturkey 07-16-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10748230)
I'll probably start over even if it does. I always screw up stuff while learning a new game. Unless I get some insane drop (not likely...).

My guess is they're saying this as an incentive to get people to grind in beta. More data to crunch. But who knows. It's exceedingly rare, but occasionally games do carry beta progress over.

Same here. I remember restarting Fallout 3 several times before I had everything lined up the way I wanted it.

If I'm lazy I'll just read how others have done it but if I really like the game I'll experiment.

Aspengc8 07-16-2014 08:49 AM

IGN streaming the beta today starting around 2PM EST.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...iere-ign-first

007 07-16-2014 01:55 PM

When do the beta codes come out?

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10749639)
When do the beta codes come out?

Tomorrow at 10AM PST.

Canofbier 07-16-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10749167)
IGN streaming the beta today starting around 2PM EST.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...iere-ign-first

I watched for a little while just now, and the game looks pretty fun! Too bad that I have to wait until next week to play on my Xbox One, though.

Shogun 07-16-2014 08:40 PM

If anybody gets a Beta key for ps3 for this, I will buy one off of them for $5 or $10. I'm getting a ps4 before the game comes out so I don't want to preorder it right now.

Please and thanks, super excited to play this.

007 07-16-2014 08:56 PM

hmmm, to take the PS4 on vacation or not. lol

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10750371)
If anybody gets a Beta key for ps3 for this, I will buy one off of them for $5 or $10. I'm getting a ps4 before the game comes out so I don't want to preorder it right now.

Please and thanks, super excited to play this.

1. Preorder a PS3 copy on Amazon and you'll get a beta access code immediately
2. Get a bungie account and verify your platform of choice.
3. Once you get into the beta cancel your preorder on Amazon.
4. ???
5. profit

GoShox 07-16-2014 09:27 PM

I don't know how I even got into the alpha, but I decided to install the game just for kicks and ended up loving it.

Went ahead and pre-ordered on Best Buy since I had a gift card for it. Apparently the system for sending out beta keys is messed up and there's a bunch of people waiting but considering it's just a beta I don't really care if I get in or not as long as I can get the real game when it comes out. I'm already pretty sold on the game, the raid in the alpha was super fun and the game simply looks and plays amazingly well. And this is coming from someone who's never been much of an MMO player. Of course, if Best Buy wants to remain a respectable company I'm sure they'll have their keys sent out tomorrow.

Shogun 07-16-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10750413)
1. Preorder a PS3 copy on Amazon and you'll get a beta access code immediately
2. Get a bungie account and verify your platform of choice.
3. Once you get into the beta cancel your preorder on Amazon.
4. ???
5. profit

Thought about this, wasn't sure if somehow the Beta Key would be revoked if I cancelled the preorder

Quesadilla Joe 07-17-2014 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10750445)
Thought about this, wasn't sure if somehow the Beta Key would be revoked if I cancelled the preorder

I think they want as many people to play it as they can, that's why they are giving everyone 3 extra beta codes. I think you'll be fine. I'd give you one of my extra ones but I don't know if a PS4 code would work on the PS3.

007 07-17-2014 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10750578)
I think they want as many people to play it as they can, that's why they are giving everyone 3 extra beta codes. I think you'll be fine. I'd give you one of my extra ones but I don't know if a PS4 code would work on the PS3.

OK, who removed The Herpe from being able to send him a private message? Damnit

Quesadilla Joe 07-17-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10750582)
OK, who removed The Herpe from being able to send him a private message? Damnit

I can't rep either so I don't know how I'm going to get you your code without someone stealing it. Unless you're watching for it. I can't even posts links LMAO

007 07-17-2014 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10750584)
I can't rep either so I don't know how I'm going to get you your code without someone stealing it. Unless you're watching for it. I can't even posts links LMAO

lllgurulll

Quesadilla Joe 07-17-2014 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10750585)
lllgurulll

As soon as I start the download I'll send you the code.

007 07-17-2014 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10750590)
As soon as I start the download I'll send you the code.

Thanks so much!!!!

Hey, anyone want to share a spare ps3 code too? :) my oldest is upset that he won't be able to play while we are on vacation with the PS4. LMAO

Mother****erJones 07-17-2014 05:04 AM

Can't wait to come home from work and play it!

keg in kc 07-17-2014 05:23 AM

I'm gonna go ride my bike just so i'm not refreshing my email every 15 seconds for a couple hours.

007 07-17-2014 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10750628)
I'm gonna go ride my bike just so i'm not refreshing my email every 15 seconds for a couple hours.

Be sure to take your phone so you can refresh it while you ride. LMAO

keg in kc 07-17-2014 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10750629)
Be sure to take your phone so you can refresh it while you ride.

Heh. Fortunately I don't have that kind of phone.

keg in kc 07-17-2014 10:51 AM

Download's available on the playstation store for people who preordered via that route (I didn't). Codes should start going out soon.

Quesadilla Joe 07-17-2014 11:00 AM

You got to be kidding me. The Bungie code site is down right when they are releasing the codes.

keg in kc 07-17-2014 11:02 AM

Heh, noticed that myself.

11 billion of us all trying to get our codes at the same time I'd imagine.

Quesadilla Joe 07-17-2014 11:05 AM

I guess refreshing the code page every five seconds isn't helping things... :)

Quesadilla Joe 07-17-2014 11:05 AM

Got my codes!

keg in kc 07-17-2014 11:07 AM

I got to my account page but got a weird mobile error message (i'm on a pc). Now it's down again.

keg in kc 07-17-2014 11:09 AM

Hah, playstation store down now. LMAO

Quesadilla Joe 07-17-2014 11:16 AM

Alright it's downloading now.

keg in kc 07-17-2014 11:18 AM

I managed to get my code accepted, but it's been constant errors since.

Quesadilla Joe 07-17-2014 11:18 AM

Sent you a code Guru

Quesadilla Joe 07-17-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10751019)
I managed to get my code accepted, but it's been constant errors since.

Yeah same here, I got to the download page once and it gave me an error and about 20 tries later it let me download it.

keg in kc 07-17-2014 11:23 AM

Downloading as well.

Plan all along has been to go to the grocery now, I figured this wouldn't go without a hitch. LMAO

Quesadilla Joe 07-17-2014 11:27 AM

You actually only download a portion of it and then have to launch the Destiny beta to download the rest. Just a heads up

keg in kc 07-17-2014 11:27 AM

Yeah, initial chunk downloaded, but now it can't connect to the server (psn problem still I assume) for the other 13 gb.

keg in kc 07-17-2014 11:54 AM

Aight, finally connected, download's at 50%. Really loving the music.

jiveturkey 07-17-2014 11:55 AM

I cancelled my preorder from Amazon and got the Playstation Store version on Monday. Still haven't received my codes.

keg in kc 07-17-2014 12:00 PM

Do you need a code if you ordered through PSN? I think you can download directly off the store page.

jiveturkey 07-17-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10751106)
Do you need a code if you ordered through PSN? I think you can download directly off the store page.

I'll give that a shot. It looks like the store is currently down, which is par for the course anytime something cool is happening.

You'd think that Sony was some tiny unprepared mom and pop shop.

Quesadilla Joe 07-17-2014 01:16 PM

God I missed this game :)

keg in kc 07-17-2014 01:54 PM

Holy shit. This game is going to be the end of me. It was nice knowing you all. LMAO

jiveturkey 07-17-2014 02:01 PM

I checked all over the store and there wasn't a way to download the beta.

I'll just hope that a code gets sent sometime soon.

jiveturkey 07-17-2014 02:20 PM

Installing now.

007 07-17-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10751020)
Sent you a code Guru

got it. as soon as I use up some more rep I'll be repping you again. Thanks man.

007 07-17-2014 04:06 PM

26%

My bandwidth will take a big hit today. LMAO

Shogun 07-17-2014 04:27 PM

so... any ps3 codes up for grabs? :D

Shogun 07-17-2014 04:31 PM

Okay so. How do I download the BETA from the store?

007 07-17-2014 04:55 PM

98%

Shogun 07-17-2014 05:16 PM

im on such a strong hunt for a beta key right now