ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The case for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270213)

ToxSocks 02-20-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9418878)
The reality of the modern NFL is such that if you give up a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick for a guy, he's going to be "the man".

This isn't 1990.

I think that would apply to 1st and 2nd rounders, sure...but not 3rd's....especially when you have two to spare.

We could have Geno Smith and Nick Foles and STILL have a full slate of picks 2-7.

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9418872)
I like the idea of not just adding one guy and saying we've "addressed" the position.

I like signing a vet FA, AND drafting the best QB available, and if the damned world league wouldn't have gone tits up I'd look there as well.

The Niners didn't quit looking for QB's because they had Montana. Packers kept drafting and adding guys behind good QB's.

You should be looking to improve your starter or depth every single year at that position...

I agree, but not all at once.

Sure, grab one this year and dedicate another good pick to the position in 2014. But I'm not going to go balls to the walls this season. You don't need to stock your entire QB roster in one off-season, especially if you're looking to build a 'pipeline'.

We're just trying to do too much in one bite. I think this is the year that you get your QBOTF and find a competent veteran to either transition into the kid or just as veteran backup. Next year you keep your eyes open for another value QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and as the years go you continue to try to bring guys in and create depth at the position.

But it's not like the Packers were throwing picks at QB once Rodgers stuck. When you have a great young QB, take another QB if he slides, but it's a little nutty to continue to force the issue at the position.

Dave Lane 02-20-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9418766)
Why would you ever trade a potential #2 for a guy you expect to be a backup?

If he's a backup its a next years 3. If Geno can;t beat him out and he wins a playoff game it becomes a 2. Not going to happen.

Rausch 02-20-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9418878)
The reality of the modern NFL is such that if you give up a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick for a guy, he's going to be "the man".

This isn't 1990.

Didn't the Skins give up a 3rd for a QB right after taking RGIII?

The Lambs traded for TrINT but ended up with Warner.

We planned on Girlbac but ended up with Gannon. Or at least should have.

You might plan on one thing but you want as many options as possible at that position...

Hammock Parties 02-20-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9418874)
Irrelevant. Free agency wasn't even invented yet.

ROFL

Every time I try to find a silver lining it gets squashed.

OK, **** Nick Foles. INDEFENSIBLE.

Molitoth 02-20-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9418591)
I would MUCH rather have Foles than Alex Smith.

Foles is essentially a rookie in terms of development/upside, but has at least some game experience.

Alex Smith is what he is. Some think that's good enough, I don't.

Part of the reason I want to draft Geno or Tyler Wilson is because I think they have high upside and lots of room to grow.

To that end, Foles is much more like THEM than he is like Alex Smith.

This.

As much as I want Geno Smith, I just don't think it's going to happen.
If Foles is the QB in KC next year, I will give him a chance. (although If they spend a 3rd round pick or higher then I will be pissed.)

If Alex Smith or Matt Cassel is on this roster, I will not give a minor amount of crap about this franchise until they are ousted.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-20-2013 11:38 AM

A guy starts 6 games in the NFL and is already considered damaged goods and a retread...

Nice.

Canofbier 02-20-2013 11:39 AM

I'd be entirely happy with this if we give them our Comp 3rd or later for him. I'd feel a bit uneasy about 3.1, and I'd be queasy if we gave them 2.2.

B14ckmon 02-20-2013 11:40 AM

Watch the Chief's pass on Foles, only to have him become twice the QB Geno ever is. You'd see some REAL fires in Kansas city.

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9418897)
I'd be entirely happy with this if we give them our Comp 3rd or later for him. I'd feel a bit uneasy about 3.1, and I'd be queasy if we gave them 2.2.

Can't trade a comp pick.

Rausch 02-20-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9418886)
I agree, but not all at once.

Sure, grab one this year and dedicate another good pick to the position in 2014. But I'm not going to go balls to the walls this season.

I would only push that this season because we have absolutely nothing at the position. Ca$$hole is total $3it. Stanzi is total $#it. And we have a practice squad guy.

I think we need to add 2 guys minimum.

ToxSocks 02-20-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9418897)

It'd have to be 3.1. You can't trade comp picks. And no way in hell i'd give up 2.2.

Also....we're assuming it's a 3rd.

What if it's a 4th? Does that change things?

Skyy God 02-20-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9418889)

You might plan on one thing but you want as many options as possible at that position...

Cousins went in the 4th.

Rausch 02-20-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9418893)

If Alex Smith or Matt Cassel is on this roster, I will not give a minor amount of crap about this franchise until they are ousted.

I think we've all seen the ceiling for Smith and Ca$$hole.

While I'm not a huge fan at least Foles wouldn't have maxed out his potential already. There's some reason to hope...

Rausch 02-20-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9418907)
Cousins went in the 4th.

I stand corrected.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

I already mentioned that the Seahawks and Skins might be the start of a new trend.

Quote:

The Rams traded for Green and then he got his knee demolished. They were left with no choice but to start Warner and then he went and won the Super Bowl. Not at all analogous.

Quote:

Much like the Green/Warner situation, Grbac would have started all 16 games in 1997 had he not gotten hurt.

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9418903)
It'd have to be 3.1. You can't trade comp picks. And no way in hell i'd give up 2.2.

Oh yeah, I'd give 4.2 for him. At that point you're getting a kid that's at least played at this level and are installing him in an offense he's familiar with. By the 4th you're mostly looking at raw prospects and flyer players anyway.

And as you've noted, the comp pick is essentially 4.2 anyway. So yeah, I think a 4th for Foles is a no-brainer.

But the Eagles won't do it, IMO.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9418903)

Absolutely. I'd give a 4th for Foles today.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9418915)
Oh yeah, I'd give 4.2 for him. At that point you're getting a kid that's at least played at this level and are installing him in an offense he's familiar with. By the 4th you're mostly looking at raw prospects and flyer players anyway.

And as you've noted, the comp pick is essentially 4.2 anyway. So yeah, I think a 4th for Foles is a no-brainer.

But the Eagles won't do it, IMO.

I don't think they'll trade him for a 3rd either, at least not yet.

I fully expect him to be playing for the Eagles next year.

Rausch 02-20-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9418913)

The Rams traded for Green and then he got his knee demolished. They were left with no choice but to start Warner and then he went and won the Super Bowl. Not at all analogous.

Much like the Green/Warner situation, Grbac would have started all 16 games in 1997 had he not gotten hurt.

This is my whole argument: you don't just add one guy and think the position is covered. You keep adding and improving the overall talent.

You never know when the starter will go down and almost every year some b/u steps in and never gives that job back. Or you get lucky like the Texans and he does just enough to get you in the playoffs.

When Matty $3it the bed we had nothing behind him. Not even respectable...

Canofbier 02-20-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9418901)
Can't trade a comp pick.

D'oh. My bad. In that case: 4.2, sign me up. 3.1, meh.

Rausch 02-20-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9418925)
I don't think they'll trade him for a 3rd either, at least not yet.

I fully expect him to be playing for the Eagles next year.

I can understand the Eagles wanting a 2 but if some guy from the top 5 QB's falls to round 2 why would anyone make the trade?...

htismaqe 02-20-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9418935)
This is my whole argument: you don't just add one guy and think the position is covered. You keep adding and improving the overall talent.

You never know when the starter will go down and almost every year some b/u steps in and never gives that job back. Or you get lucky like the Texans and he does just enough to get you in the playoffs.

When Matty $3it the bed we had nothing behind him. Not even respectable...

Yeah, you absolutely have to have a backup.

To this point though, most teams don't want to give up "starter" draft picks to get a backup.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9418948)
I can understand the Eagles wanting a 2 but if some guy from the top 5 QB's falls to round 2 why would anyone make the trade?...

I don't think the Eagles even want to trade him. It's pure media speculation.

Rausch 02-20-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9418976)
Yeah, you absolutely have to have a backup.

To this point though, most teams don't want to give up "starter" draft picks to get a backup.

I don't either.

But when Stanzi just doesn't develop you cut bait and look for an upgrade. Mid rounds of the draft. Cheap FA addition.

I loved adding Brady Quinn when we did it. Very low risk, 1 year deal, possible huge upside. Now, it didn't work out, but those are the moves you make to keep trying to improve the position...

keg in kc 02-20-2013 12:08 PM

This town needs an enema.

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:12 PM

Very Interesting email BJ received from an Eagles fan:
Quote:

A few numbers (provided by Reuben Frank of csnphilly.com and Les Bowen of philly.com). Nick Foles is the ONLY rookie QB in NFL HISTORY to throw for more than 240 yards/game AND complete over 60% of his passes. Only one EVER! For people who say they saw him throw interceptions, he ranks 2nd ALL TIME in fewest interceptions per pass attempt for an NFL rookie. EVER!

Mr_Tomahawk 02-20-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9418991)

But he sucks.

I read charts and saw GIFS on CP that say so...

Ace Gunner 02-20-2013 12:14 PM

"A few numbers (provided by Reuben Frank of csnphilly.com and Les Bowen of philly.com). Nick Foles is the ONLY rookie QB in NFL HISTORY to throw for more than 240 yards/game AND complete over 60% of his passes. Only one EVER! For people who say they saw him throw interceptions, he ranks 2nd ALL TIME in fewest interceptions per pass attempt for an NFL rookie. EVER!"

to be fair, the NFL has changed so much and Reid is so pass happy, this doesn't really say a whole lot.

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:18 PM

In a perfect world...We swap first round picks with the Eagles and give them a late 3rd rounder for Foles. As long as we can continue to throw the smoke screen that Geno isnt worthy of a first pick. We scoop Geno 4th overall. I'm just worried the Raiders take him at 3.

We go to camp with Foles and Geno.

mcaj22 02-20-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9419011)
In a perfect world...We swap first round picks with the Eagles and give them a late 3rd rounder for Foles. As long as we can continue to throw the smoke screen that Geno isnt worthy of a first pick. We scoop Geno 4th overall. I'm just worried the Raiders take him at 3.

theres only one giant loophole with all of this

you swap firsts with Philly and give Philly the #1 overall pick then Chip Kelly drafts Geno

lol, that's pretty obvious.

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9419015)
theres only one giant loophole with all of this

you swap firsts with Philly and give Philly the #1 overall pick then Chip Kelly drafts Geno

lol

Like I said, In a perfect world.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9418991)

Those stats are WAY skewed. The sample size is infinitely too small.

2 games - Washington and Tampa (horrible pass defenses) - accounted for HALF of his total yardage.

He had 2 games where he threw for less than 200 yards and another where he threw for 204.

Terrible, terrible use of statistics.

mcaj22 02-20-2013 12:21 PM

its going to be really funny watching everyone who is ballwashing Geno turn to hating him once he becomes a Raider

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:21 PM

I'm not willing to give up Geno for Foles. No way in hell. But if Reid & Co. aren't going to draft Geno at #1, I'd rather take my chances with this move.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9418998)
But he sucks.

I read charts and saw GIFS on CP that say so...

He doesn't suck.

But those stats are completely screwed.

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9419017)
Those stats are WAY skewed. The sample size is infinitely too small.

2 games - Washington and Tampa (horrible pass defenses) - accounted for HALF of his total yardage.

He had 2 games where he threw for less than 200 yards and another where he threw for 204.

Terrible, terrible use of statistics.

Yes, I agree. Those numbers are very inflated.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9419020)
its going to be really funny watching everyone who is ballwashing Geno turn to hating him once he becomes a Raider

Not funny.

mcaj22 02-20-2013 12:23 PM

as much as I, the fan, wants Geno Smith I just dont think they, the FO and coach think the same.

that is my biggest fear and I need to come to terms with it when and if they select something else

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9419020)

I'm not following you, how is that funny at all?

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

And again - we don't have a late 3rd rounder to trade.

In a perfect world, the Packers send us Rodgers for a 7th as a favor. Let's talk about the actual world.

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9419030)
as much as I, the fan, wants Geno Smith I just dont think they, the FO and coach think the same.

that is my biggest fear and I need to come to terms with it when and if they select something else

I have not called /Omaha just yet.

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9419035)
And again - we don't have a late 3rd rounder to trade.

In a perfect world, the Packers send us Rodgers for a 7th as a favor. Let's talk about the actual world.

I'd give up THE 3rd round pick and swap 1st rounders for Foles, as long as the FO is sure Geno will be at 4. (In a perfect world)

The Franchise 02-20-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

That's WAY to much to give up for Foles.

keg in kc 02-20-2013 12:28 PM

We'll select Warmack at 1, trade the second for foles and then pick defensive ends for the rest of the draft.

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9419047)
That's WAY to much to give up for Foles.

We are going to end up with an extra 3rd or 4th round pick for Carr.

The Franchise 02-20-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9419053)
We are going to end up with an extra 3rd or 4th round pick for Carr.

So? That doesn't mean you have to overpay.

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9419042)
I'd give up THE 3rd round pick and swap 1st rounders for Foles, as long as the FO is sure Geno will be at 4. (In a perfect world)

And again I have to ask why? Why would you give up what is essentially a 2nd round pick for a guy you're burying behind someone you're investing a 1st rounder on?

That's a really damn expensive insurance plan.

That's just too much to give up for Foles. I'd possibly swap firsts or definitely give up 4.1 and that's about it; I damn sure wouldn't do both. If that's too rich for the Eagles, so be it. It's not like Nick Foles or someone like him isn't available in every draft.

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9419062)
So? That doesn't mean you have to overpay.

I dont see how thats overpaying. IF. A BIG ****ING IF we can trade first round picks with the Eagles and "possibly" still get Geno, and give them a 3rd round pick we technically dont have...

htismaqe 02-20-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9419068)
And again I have to ask why? Why would you give up what is essentially a 2nd round pick for a guy you're burying behind someone you're investing a 1st rounder on?

That's a really damn expensive insurance plan.

That's just too much to give up for Foles. I'd possibly swap firsts or definitely give up 4.1 and that's about it; I damn sure wouldn't do both. If that's too rich for the Eagles, so be it. It's not like Nick Foles or someone like him isn't available in every draft.

This.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9419073)
I dont see how thats overpaying. IF. A BIG ****ING IF we can trade first round picks with the Eagles and "possibly" still get Geno, and give them a 3rd round pick we technically dont have...

Why give them the 3rd rounder at all?

Swap firsts and they give us Foles. Done.

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9419081)
Why give them the 3rd rounder at all?

Swap firsts and they give us Foles. Done.

Sure, I'd love that. I just don't see the Eagles handing it to us that easy. They will want an extra pick. Whether it be this year or next.

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:44 PM

Somebody send me some damn Casino cash. Blackjack cleared me out

keg in kc 02-20-2013 12:45 PM

I wouldn't even swap firsts. That's too much. Maybe swap firsts and take one of their mid-round picks.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9419083)
Sure, I'd love that. I just don't see the Eagles handing it to us that easy. They will want an extra pick. Whether it be this year or next.

No trade for you!

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:48 PM

If Foles stays in Philly, He takes Vicks job. IMO

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9419083)

Man...sucks to be them.

I guess we'll have to make due with Geno Smith and after the Jags take Joeckel, they can go draft Eric Fisher. And that's if the Raiders don't grab him (or trade down). What the hell are the Eagles going to do then? Werner and Lotulelei don't really have homes in that D.

I'm not going to bend to the will of the Philadelphia Eagles for Nick !@#$ing Foles. We have plenty of leverage in this scenario if they're really wanting to move up.

O.city 02-20-2013 12:53 PM

I don't think the Jags take Joeckel, but point made.

B14ckmon 02-20-2013 12:54 PM

Foles will be better than Geno. And 0 chance the Jags take Joeckel.

O.city 02-20-2013 12:55 PM

No, they won't take Joeckel. They need a guy to fit in their 34, 43 LEO defense right?

B14ckmon 02-20-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9419119)
No, they won't take Joeckel. They need a guy to fit in their 34, 43 LEO defense right?

It could go two ways. Either they think Andre Branch will have a much improved sophomore year and can play LEO with Babin, and go for a guy like Lotulelei. Or they draft a guy to be a LEO/OLB like Jordan/Mingo/Ansah.

Our LT is 3 years younger than Albert and still under contract. Even less of a chance of us taking Joeckel than the Chiefs.

HolyHat 02-20-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9419116)
Foles will be better than Geno. And 0 chance the Jags take Joeckel.

AIDS, get them.

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9419109)
I don't think the Jags take Joeckel, but point made.

If they don't then I definitely expect someone to trade up into the Raiders spot to grab him.

I'll admit not knowing about the Jags O-Line, but I thought they had a massive hole at LT after that Barnes went to Oakland.

Ah, nevermind - I forgot they had Eugene Monroe. Yeah, they probably won't go Joeckel. I still don't care about the Eagles asking price. I'll bargain on my terms or not at all for a 4th round pick that has 6 starts under his belt and looked largely mediocre.

B14ckmon 02-20-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9419127)
If they don't then I definitely expect someone to trade up into the Raiders spot to grab him.

I'll admit not knowing about the Jags O-Line, but I thought they had a massive hole at LT after that Barnes went to Oakland.

Ah, nevermind - I forgot they had Eugene Monroe. Yeah, they probably won't go Joeckel. I still don't care about the Eagles asking price. I'll bargain on my terms or not at all for a 4th round pick that has 6 starts under his belt and looked largely mediocre.

...And with the 8th pick in the 2009 draft, the Jaguars select, Eugene Monroe, University of Virginia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9419124)
AIDS, get them.

I mean if they both start next year. Not necessarily for their careers. Foles is more ready to start.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9419100)
If Foles stays in Philly, He takes Vicks job. IMO

It isn't Vick's job, according to Chip Kelly.

It's an "open competition".

And to that extent, I agree with you - I don't see Foles losing that competition. Vick is broken.

Frosty 02-20-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9419090)
I wouldn't even swap firsts. That's too much. Maybe swap firsts and take one of their mid-round picks.

I've mentioned this before but going by the draft chart, moving from #4 to #1 is worth 1200 points, the same value as the #11 pick in the 1st round. No way is Foles worth a mid 1st round pick, so a simple swap is out of the question.

The Eagles' 2nd round pick is 540 points, so swapping 1sts and taking the Eagles' 2nd would give Foles the value of a late 1st, early 2nd. Still too high, imo, but more do-able.

If they wanted Foles, I would maybe do something like swap 1sts, take their 2nd and 4th this year and give them back a conditional 3rd next year.

Max.

of course, this is all dependent on the Eagles totally falling in love with someone at the top of the draft AND being willing to deal Foles.

The easiest thing is to just draft Geno at #1 (though that extra 2nd would be nice).

O.city 02-20-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9419123)
It could go two ways. Either they think Andre Branch will have a much improved sophomore year and can play LEO with Babin, and go for a guy like Lotulelei. Or they draft a guy to be a LEO/OLB like Jordan/Mingo/Ansah.

Our LT is 3 years younger than Albert and still under contract. Even less of a chance of us taking Joeckel than the Chiefs.

If it were me, I'd much rather go with Jordan/Mingo/ or Ansah. I don't think Star is what he's built to be.

Still not sure why you refer to your defense like that. But, to each his own I guess.

O.city 02-20-2013 01:05 PM

And IIRC, Frank said he had heard that all the Foles talk was pretty overblown.

B14ckmon 02-20-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9419142)
If it were me, I'd much rather go with Jordan/Mingo/ or Ansah. I don't think Star is what he's built to be.

Still not sure why you refer to your defense like that. But, to each his own I guess.

Refer to our defense like what? And I personally think they will try to trade down and get Ansah. I am convinced he will dominate at the combine.

htismaqe 02-20-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9419148)
And IIRC, Frank said he had heard that all the Foles talk was pretty overblown.

Yep. Pretty much nothing on Foles coming from his sources. Which means it's largely media generated unless the Chiefs are completely locked down.

Hammock Parties 02-20-2013 01:06 PM

Some Eagles fans don't think Foles is worth much.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...-of-4th-round/

Quote:

If you got a call from Andy Reid, & he offered the first pick in round 4 for Foles, would you do it?
Quote:

Yes.

He's not worth more than a 5th
Quote:

No. Only way I do a 4th this year is if he throws in a 3rd/4th next year.

-OR-

Nick for Jalil Brown (4th round rookie
Quote:

yes thats a good value pick and you can get a solid defensive player with that pick
Quote:

foles is not in the long term plans around here

Take the pick. Writing's on the wall.

The Franchise 02-20-2013 01:07 PM

Foles for Jalil Brown? Deal.

BigCatDaddy 02-20-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9419154)
Foles for Jalil Brown? Deal.

No shit. I don't know if Jalil can get you a 7th.

Hammock Parties 02-20-2013 01:10 PM

WOOOOO

http://oi47.tinypic.com/4hyzhx.jpg

O.city 02-20-2013 01:11 PM

Damn it this would just feel like we're doing what we've always done in regards to the Qb spot. ****, I feel dirty for even rationalizing it.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-20-2013 01:12 PM

#ordered

Pasta Little Brioni 02-20-2013 01:14 PM

The case against Nick Foles:

It's the "Chiefway"

htismaqe 02-20-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9419172)
Damn it this would just feel like we're doing what we've always done in regards to the Qb spot. ****, I feel dirty for even rationalizing it.

This.

DJ's left nut 02-20-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9419172)

I know. Like I said in the other thread, I died inside when I read that article and found some sense in it.

In the end, though - I didn't like Foles last year and I saw a very similar player in Philly. I just don't like the idea of passing on Geno for him.

Now if Clowney enters, I'll give the Eagles 3.1, take Clowny at 1.1 and call it a day, but I think it's pretty obvious that's not going to happen at this point.

milkman 02-20-2013 01:47 PM

Hypothetical.

Chiefs pass on Geno in the first.
Would that change your opinion on the compensation you'd give for Foles?