ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Unhappy with the Chiefs? Get your new team here. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270619)

Cephalic Trauma 03-01-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9455518)
The Vikings have a hole series about them on the History channel this month. You may enjoy it to get your blood thirst for your new team.

Yeah, I heard they dig trenches to get ready for games. I'm interested to see their unorthodox practices in that hole series.

Cephalic Trauma 03-01-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9455487)
Okay, the next group is up.

el borracho - Chicago Bears. You could do a lot worse. They're kind of the 1995 Chiefs.

And I'll show some mercy on Bugeater and Pestilence and let them try again.

Bugeater - St. Louis Rams. I think you're going to like them. Missouri teams have a strong tradition.
Pestilence - San Francisco 49ers. Wait a minute.

YOU BASTARD

PHOG 03-01-2013 06:16 PM

Always a Chief, no matter how stupid they are....:harumph:

Rasputin 03-01-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9455523)
Yeah, I heard they dig trenches to get ready for games. I'm interested to see their unorthodox practices in that hole series.

Damn wrong whole..

RealSNR 03-01-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9455434)
They'll be sad to see ya go

Probably not. I haven't spent a dime on this team in years.

Bugeater 03-01-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

el borracho - Chicago Bears. You could do a lot worse. They're kind of the 1995 Chiefs.

Bugeater - St. Louis Rams. I think you're going to like them. Missouri teams have a strong tradition.

I was actually happy with my other new team.

Kiimo 03-01-2013 06:32 PM

edit: ^^^^^WHOA CRA CRA

I can't bring myself to do it.

It's so HARD to say GOODBYE to YESTERDAYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYY.

That said, I see a way to root for a team in addition to the Chiefs that allows me to pretend we drafted Russell Wilson.

Seattle is a great town, they're no longer in the AFCW, they have a great team, insanely loud fans, Russel Wilson, and of course BEEF MOE

kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2010/10/it-time-fo-free-rain-o-ganik-beef-moe.html

Kyle DeLexus 03-01-2013 06:38 PM

I'm in. Hoping for the Falcons, Packers, or Redskins.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-01-2013 06:40 PM

Nope, I despise all the other squads. Some more than others, but **** em all.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-01-2013 06:42 PM

Hit me, Rain Man.

007 03-01-2013 06:47 PM

why the hell not. Team me.

Rain Man 03-01-2013 06:55 PM

Okay, next up is the 6:30 crowd, with a few stragglers from earlier times.

Mr. Kotter - Seattle Seahawks. How about that Marshawn Lynch?
Cephalic Trauma - New Orleans Saints. They'll come back now that Payton's back.
"Bob" Dobbs - Indianapolis Colts. They're not rebuilding, they're reloading.

okcchief 03-01-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9455255)
Got a pretty good shot at Geno Smith with my new team. :)

You have shot at Matt Cassel too :)

HemiEd 03-01-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9455518)
The Vikings have a hole series about them on the History channel this month. You may enjoy it to get your blood thirst for your new team.

Yeah and the cool part is they are thinking about acquiring
Cassel as a back up!

wazu 03-01-2013 07:18 PM

You should really extend this to one day following the draft.

DaFuq W DisPlace?! 03-01-2013 08:10 PM

DaaaaFuqqqq????

Fux it, where do i land?

JoeyChuckles 03-01-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFuq W DisPlace?! (Post 9455759)
DaaaaFuqqqq????

Fux it, where do i land?

Is this the best first post in the history of CP?

BlackHelicopters 03-01-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9455297)
The 4:30 crowd is now ready to switch allegiances.

CanadianChief - Washington Redskins. Too bad about that Shanahan thing.
Fishpicker - Atlanta Falcons. Do you think Tony Gonzalez is going to come back?
HemiEd - Carolina Panthers. Hey, they went to a Super Bowl in the past decade or so?
KC Hawks - Detroit Lions. Now you can tell Barry Sanders stories.
Pablo - Minnesota Vikings. Do you think Jared Allen is going to be in the Hall of Fame?
Pestilence - Unfortunately, you are not allowed to change. You will be a Chiefs fan until you die.
theelusiveeightrop - Washington Redskins. It seems like a lot of people are moving to the other Indian team.

Thanks a lot. I liked the Redskins QB approach last draft. Know, I have one legged RG III and Cousins. Could be worse, I suppose.

kstater 03-01-2013 08:19 PM

I'm in for this block

DaFuq W DisPlace?! 03-01-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 9455766)
Is this the best first post in the history of CP?

I would rep you for your insight, but i can't. Dafuq?

Mr. Kotter 03-01-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9455217)
Okay, the 3:30 crowd now gets their new team. Remember, this is your team for the year. No going back.

-King- - Seattle Seahawks. Russell Wilson rules.
Bugeater - You are not allowed to change. Kansas City Chiefs. Sorry.
Ebolapox - San Diego Chargers. Good luck on that playoff win thing.
KC Tattoo - Buffalo Bills. Well, at least you have CJ Spiller.
Mr. Kotter - Washington Redskins. You have a quarterback!
SNR - Arizona Cardinals. Hey, you asked.
Sweet Dick Willie - Pittsburgh Steelers. Your quarterback is a pervert.
teedubya - Cleveland Browns. Yay! Um...yay!

Hell yeah! Another politically incorrect savage-injun team that will piss off some tribal members....but this one with a real QB!!!

RGIII, RGIII, RGIII... PBJ PBJ PBJ

King_Chief_Fan 03-01-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9455584)
Hit me, Rain Man.

Jaguars for youROFL

Lumpy 03-01-2013 08:46 PM

Hook me up, kind sir.

Raiderhater58 03-01-2013 08:49 PM

Alright Im in.. Hit Me!

CanadianChief 03-01-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9455297)
The 4:30 crowd is now ready to switch allegiances.

CanadianChief - Washington Redskins. Too bad about that Shanahan thing.
Fishpicker - Atlanta Falcons. Do you think Tony Gonzalez is going to come back?
HemiEd - Carolina Panthers. Hey, they went to a Super Bowl in the past decade or so?
KC Hawks - Detroit Lions. Now you can tell Barry Sanders stories.
Pablo - Minnesota Vikings. Do you think Jared Allen is going to be in the Hall of Fame?
Pestilence - Unfortunately, you are not allowed to change. You will be a Chiefs fan until you die.
theelusiveeightrop - Washington Redskins. It seems like a lot of people are moving to the other Indian team.

I can live with that pick. The Shanarat thing is bearable with RGIII as my QB.

KurtCobain 03-01-2013 09:00 PM

I'm in at nine pm

MMXcalibur 03-01-2013 09:03 PM

You must have nothing to do. At all.

Rain Man 03-01-2013 09:28 PM

Okay, next batch.

'Hamas' Jenkins - Houston Texans. Mother-xxxx you, Rick Smith.
bigjosh006 - Atlanta Falcons. Dome teams are real football.
Guru - Seattle Seahawks. Russell Wilson is doing wonders for this fanbase.
Kyle DeLexus - Houston Texans. Even without Eric Winston.
Arrr, a rare Talisman sighting - Indianapolis Colts. Double the pleasure with a team that rubs KC's nose in the dirt every recess.

teedubya 03-01-2013 10:19 PM

OK, I think I've been a long time suffering Browns fan long enough, guys. Time for a new-new team.

Terribilis 03-01-2013 10:24 PM

I need a new team- stick it to me

Exoter175 03-01-2013 10:45 PM

I'm hoping I can take my team curse over to someone like the Bills or Dolphins. Maybe Kansas City will turn around then!

WakkaWakka 03-01-2013 10:59 PM

This actually sounds like a fun idea, I'm in!

East Side Rogelio 03-01-2013 11:19 PM

I'm in on this thing. Give me another nfl tackle football team. But not the Cowboys because they are not good and also lose almost always when their fans have hope for them. They are shit heads

teedubya 03-01-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by East Side Rogelio (Post 9456161)
I'm in on this thing. Give me another nfl tackle football team. But not the Cowboys because they are not good and also lose almost always when their fans have hope for them. They are shit heads

It took THIS thread to get you to sign up and post on CP? lol

007 03-01-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9455944)
Okay, next batch.

'Hamas' Jenkins - Houston Texans. Mother-xxxx you, Rick Smith.
bigjosh006 - Atlanta Falcons. Dome teams are real football.
Guru - Seattle Seahawks. Russell Wilson is doing wonders for this fanbase.
Kyle DeLexus - Houston Texans. Even without Eric Winston.
Arrr, a rare Talisman sighting - Indianapolis Colts. Double the pleasure with a team that rubs KC's nose in the dirt every recess.

Somehow I knew it would be the Seahawks. At least they have a QB to get excited about. Works for me.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-01-2013 11:32 PM

I get the team whose QB was a backup that they traded two second round picks for. Sounds right.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-01-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9456179)
I get the team whose QB was a backup that they traded two second round picks for. Sounds right.

lmao. Lobby for Pitt, brah. Join Team Sweet Dick!
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 03-02-2013 12:09 AM

Come on baby, daddy needs a new team that doesn't suck ass.

el borracho 03-02-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Hey, and Urlacher played here in New Mexico!

Spott 03-02-2013 12:55 AM

Taking the Bucs. Better looking jerseys, a better mascot and better weather. They still suck but at least they drafted a 1st round QB a couple of times.

okcchief 03-02-2013 12:59 AM

I'm hoping one of you mother ****ers is the curse that's been holding us back. If we start winning stay the **** away! :)

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-02-2013 01:02 AM

I'm taking this to the next level. Gotta find a good fan site and bone up on my Iron Curtain!
Posted via Mobile Device

WakkaWakka 03-02-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9456431)
I'm hoping one of you mother ****ers is the curse that's been holding us back. If we start winning stay the **** away! :)

It's probably me. I'm snakebit with every team I root for except the Lakers, oh wait, now the Lakers suck too. ROFL

okcchief 03-02-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9456445)
I'm taking this to the next level. Gotta find a good fan site and bone up on my Iron Curtain!
Posted via Mobile Device

Steel Curtain.

NOOB!

okcchief 03-02-2013 01:12 AM

I was actually more of a Steelers fan until I was like 11 and my dad starting taking me to games with him. I was at a game when the Chiefs beat the Steelers 20-0 like the year after they won the last SuoerBowl with the Knoll crew. Worst decision of my life. I've kind of learned to not care much for the Steelers since. Them and that awful success they have.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-02-2013 01:22 AM

When I was a kid growing up in the forgettable wastes of Oklahoma, the redneck kids were Cowgirl fans and the rock kids were Steeler fans, so I've got some background with them. That was back in the Mean Joe days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Al Bundy 03-02-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9454961)
A former biz contact that I have worked with directly for years (first with the Miami Heat and then MSG) was recently hired by the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Might just have to hit him up for some gear and switch affiliations.

We always except new fans in Tampa. At least we try to acquire franchise QB's.

Al Bundy 03-02-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9456416)
Taking the Bucs. Better looking jerseys, a better mascot and better weather. They still suck but at least they drafted a 1st round QB a couple of times.

and we have won playoff games in the last 20 years. Welcome aboard.

Braincase 03-02-2013 08:02 AM

After talking with my neighbor, and recognizing their primary sponsor, I already switched to Manchester United.

Rain Man 03-02-2013 08:03 AM

Okay, finishing up the March 1st group:

colt459 - Cincinnati Bengals. Why do you guys still have Marvin as your coach?

DaFuq W DisPlace?! - New England Patriots. Before you get cocky, recognize that they haven't won back to back Super Bowls in almost a decade.

**** this Franchise - Atlanta Falcons. So what do you think about them cutting Turner and Abraham?

DisgruntledFan - Cincinnati Bengals. Is Pacman on the straight and narrow now?

East Side Rogelio - Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Now go figure out who plays for them, okay? I don't know.

Exoter175 - Oakland Raiders. Oh, god. I'm sorry.

Lumpy - Houston Texans. You guys need a franchise quarterback.

Raiderhater58 - New England Patriots. They're getting old. Hopefully you're not joining Rome in 475 A.D.

HotCarl 03-02-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9456416)

How's that working for them? :LOL:

Mr. Flopnuts 03-02-2013 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9455324)

ROFL

Spott 03-02-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9456599)

Not so well, but still better than the chefs.

displacedinMN 03-02-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9456431)

I promise I will not buy any new chiefs products this year. Hopefully that will help.

Rain Man 03-02-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9456595)
After talking with my neighbor, and recognizing their primary sponsor, I already switched to Manchester United.

ESPN here in Peru is all soccer, all the time. It gives me an appreciation for the fact that America embraces diversity in sports, even if football is a giant among them.

All soccer, all the time.

Which leads me to two questions and an observation:

Observation: at the restaurant last night, there was a game being televised between two teams: Sao Paulo and "The Strongest One". The name of the team was The Strongest One. Did they get their name from a fantasy football site or something? And by the way, they weren't the strongest one. Sao Paolo had them playing defense for 90 percent of the time I was there. And yeah, I know it's lame that I'm watching it, but the TVs are usually at 140 decibels so you can't ignore them.

Question: Soccer is on constantly, and every restaurant has a blaring TV. Twice, I've seen the ball bouncing, and a player clearly takes the ball with his hand and tamps it down against the ground to get control. I thought that was illegal. Are there circumstances where it's not? One time, they stopped play pretty quickly afterward so I don't know if they called it, but the other time the game kept going and it was obvious that the guy used his hands. Yeah, I know it's lame that I watched enough to see this, but see above about the TVs and the decibels.

Question: On commercials and TV shows, they often show people doing soccer ball dribbling tricks. Yeah, I know it's lame, but stick with me. Two guys were doing tricks with each other and two balls (insert homophobia joke here), and they each kicked the ball up in the air and then bent over and caught the balls on the backs of their necks. They were able to hold them, and I thought, "hey, that's the solution to soccer. If they can't use their hands, they can run with the ball on the back of their necks until they get tackled." Is it legal to carry the ball like that if you don't use your hands?

Al Bundy 03-02-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9456599)

A hell of a lot better than rolling out 2nd round picks for Casshole and Alex Smith.

Dave Lane 03-02-2013 08:37 AM

Hit me

Rain Man 03-02-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9456624)
Hit me

You (and anyone else who wants a new team) have to sign up in the poll. I'm traveling at the moment, so it's the best way for me to keep track of who's been assigned. Muchas gracias.

DonTellMeShowMe 03-02-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9455012)
My cousin, Lynn Dickey, played for the GB Packers... so, I've always "kinda" liked them...

I love the San Francisco Giants, but hate the San Francisco 49ers... especially their retread QBs.

Hate the 49ers? But like the giants?

Rain Man 03-02-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9455012)
My cousin, Lynn Dickey, played for the GB Packers... so, I've always "kinda" liked them...

I love the San Francisco Giants, but hate the San Francisco 49ers... especially their retread QBs.

I have some distant memory of a Packers game in his era where he was on the sidelines in a wheelchair or a halo brace or something. Did he have some major injury on the field?

EagleRob 03-02-2013 09:47 AM

I tried this extreme a few years ago to try to see if the grass was greener elsewhere. After the Eagles blew up the year after the Super Bowl loss I decided to drop football cold turkey and didn't watch NFL for a year. The second season I decided to pick a new team - but not at random. I chose the Cowboys and only watched games involving the Cowboys that year, read the Dallas Morning News online, even ordered me a Marion Barber jersey and wore it to my Philly-based fantasy draft. What I realized was that
1) even our rivals bitched about their team, their owner, and their players
2) it's less fun to root for a team that's not the home team because the home team has a million people around you with a similar interest and even with the Internet in 2007 you were still starved for information about remote out of market trams (not as bad now) and
3) you never stop loving that bitch that hurts you over and over again and you go back to her whether you want to or not because its home and you know her best.

WakkaWakka 03-02-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9456597)

**** me...

Terribilis 03-02-2013 01:11 PM

Retry- I was missed on the last batch

Dayze 03-02-2013 02:41 PM

Te last 3 yrs I've watched more and more NCAA football. I may have watched 2 or 3 non chiefs games.

I suppose I would probably root for the Steelers.

DaFuq W DisPlace?! 03-02-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9456597)
Okay, finishing up the March 1st group:

colt459 - Cincinnati Bengals. Why do you guys still have Marvin as your coach?

DaFuq W DisPlace?! - New England Patriots. Before you get cocky, recognize that they haven't won back to back Super Bowls in almost a decade.

**** this Franchise - Atlanta Falcons. So what do you think about them cutting Turner and Abraham?

East Side Rogelio - Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Now go figure out who plays for them, okay? I don't know.

Exoter175 - Oakland Raiders. Oh, god. I'm sorry.

Lumpy - Houston Texans. You guys need a franchise quarterback.

Raiderhater58 - New England Patriots. They're getting old. Hopefully you're not joining Rome in 475 A.D.

Lol I can't even pretend to be a Patsies fan. Luckily I already have a team that I love (done done done the plot thickens)

Fritz88 03-02-2013 04:53 PM

Where's ma team?

Rain Man 03-02-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9457796)
Where's ma team?

Apologies. But you now get to embrace the storied history that includes cornerback Bobby Bryant, linebacker Jeff Siemon, and of course who can forget fullback Bill Brown. You, sir, are now assigned to be a Vikings fan.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-02-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9457369)
Te last 3 yrs I've watched more and more NCAA football. I may have watched 2 or 3 non chiefs games.

I suppose I would probably root for the Steelers.

Welcome to Team Sweet Dick!
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna 03-02-2013 05:45 PM

Can I haz one?

Rain Man 03-02-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9457947)
Can I haz one?

But of course. I was thinking that perhaps you should have one. However, you have to sign up for a time so I can keep track of them. Them's the rules.

Steron 03-02-2013 05:47 PM

In

Setsuna 03-02-2013 05:51 PM

I don't get the rules. I'm not very smart. Laymens please.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-02-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9457971)
I don't get the rules. I'm not very smart. Laymens please.

Go vote in the poll what the date is when you voted, and he'll give you the Cleveland Browns. Send a post card from the factory of sadness! :fire:

Shag 03-02-2013 05:52 PM

I'm ready for my new fandom...

Setsuna 03-02-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9457975)
Go vote in the poll what the date is when you voted, and he'll give you the Cleveland Browns. Send a post card from the factory of sadness! :fire:

**** me! And **** you Floppy! :evil:

Mr. Flopnuts 03-02-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9457986)
**** me! And **** you Floppy! :evil:

No cuckold.

Setsuna 03-02-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9457990)
No cuckold.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO :hump:

No homo.

The Apostle 03-02-2013 06:21 PM

This thread is interwebs sadness.

Fritz88 03-02-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9457822)
Apologies. But you now get to embrace the storied history that includes cornerback Bobby Bryant, linebacker Jeff Siemon, and of course who can forget fullback Bill Brown. You, sir, are now assigned to be a Vikings fan.

No douchebag star player. Check.
No douchebag fan base. Check.
No douchebag cheating coach. Check.
We beat them to win our only SB. Check.

Not bad.

http://digboston.com/wp-content/uplo...ad-300x228.jpg

Dayze 03-02-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9457990)
No cuckold.

What the hell is that