ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Why is facebook the dumbest thing ever? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270666)

bevischief 03-03-2013 08:17 AM

WTF is going on in here?

threebag 03-03-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9459578)
WTF is going on in here?

Typical DJF attention whore, bruised labia, type shit

Bugeater 03-03-2013 09:26 AM

Heh. Just like this place, 75% of it is annoying idiotic bullshit. But the other 25% is important enough to me that I still keep coming back.

displacedinMN 03-03-2013 09:46 AM

Johnny-I am with you!!!!

I do not have one and am trying hard not to cave in.

I do not need to know when someone had a good workout, or know how much they hate processed foods, or how much they love Jesus.

Also, I teach. I don't want 150 friend requests from 8th graders-even though I can deny it.

Had a student tell me he friended me on Facebook. Of course my answer was "How? I don't have a facebook account." Kids were astonished-How could anyone NOT have Facebook. Made the kid log in and unfriend whomever it was. Good teaching moment.

With that said-My weather station at school has a Facebook and Twitter account. It discusses weather and nothing else. It talks once in a while too.

Stay tough-Johnny. You are not alone.

notorious 03-03-2013 09:47 AM

I am one of the few people on Earth that doesn't have a facebook page.

**** that garbage.

In58men 03-03-2013 09:49 AM

I have a Facebook page and I enjoy the **** out of it.

I like to know what's going in the world. It's not just about people's lives, many post links to videos, news, etc etc.

DaveNull 03-03-2013 09:50 AM

As it turns out, you can have a facebook page but you don't have to visit or use it.

notorious 03-03-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9459744)

I like to know what's going in the world. It's not just about people's lives, many post links to videos, news, etc etc.

That's what CP is for.

GloryDayz 03-03-2013 09:52 AM

LOL, I tend to agree. If it's not people telling you about the little dumb bullshit their baby-batter offspring did 12 seconds ago, it's some other self-proclaimed God person saying how ****ing blessed they are - when you know they're lying through their teeth. And now that I have so many job-related friends, you just can't be honest with the world about how the Chiefs community aren't the only ones subjected to bad "ownershit."

So play the game, keep the account and set a reminder to go in every so often and say something nice about the world and how you're thankful for kittens and puppies.

In58men 03-03-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9459749)
That's what CP is for.

Most of the times different shit is posted. It's a good way to stay in touch as well. I don't mind it.

notorious 03-03-2013 09:54 AM

Facebook is like meth for attention whores.

GloryDayz 03-03-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9459756)

This.... Rep!

gblowfish 03-03-2013 09:56 AM

Just post pictures of, and talk in painstaking detail, about your morning BM. Do it every day. I'm sure the suits would be happy to have you shut it down after a couple weeks of that....

WhiteWhale 03-03-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 110010x (Post 9459526)
I don't have a FB page. My GF is against me even being on the computer. She goes thru my phone and PC every chance she gets. I had my phone password protected because I left it at the gym one time and the guy at the front desk or someone had gone thru it before turning it in. So I decided to password protect. That didn't go over too well. I have to hide just to get online for any reason. I think this woman is even into stalking me on some of the sites I frequent.

You deserve her.

threebag 03-03-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Dr Johnny Fever and 47 others like this

mikey23545 03-03-2013 09:59 AM

The surest sign that Facebook is the dumbest thing ever is that Phobia brags about being "good" at it...

mikey23545 03-03-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

LMAO

GloryDayz 03-03-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9459763)
Just post pictures of, and talk in painstaking detail, about your morning BM. Do it every day. I'm sure the suits would be happy to have you shut it down after a couple weeks of that....

I wonder if this site can be used in place of those stupid ****ing "inspirational" spam-posts that the fake happy people flood FB with...

www.ratemypoo.com/

rockymtnchief 03-03-2013 10:04 AM

You don't have to have friends on Facebook for it to be useful. Use an alias and "like" the pages that interest you. There's some good shit out there.

Some of the pages I "liked": US Carry Conceal Association, Girls With Guns, Daniel Defense, four businesses owned by CPers, Beartooth Highway, Joe Delaney, Derrick Thomas, numerous bands and artists, American Forces Network, many resteraunts, many rodeos and music festivals, Yellowstone Dog Sled Adventures, MSU Bobcats, multiple humor pages, and on and on and on.

Your page gets their latest updates, specials, menus, activities, etc...

rockymtnchief 03-03-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

ROFL
That's the truth.

Phobia 03-03-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9459771)
The surest sign that Facebook is the dumbest thing ever is that Phobia brags about being "good" at it...

Don't think I ever said that at all but nice effort anyway. Here is some delicious rep for you.

Chiefshrink 03-03-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

I don't have a FB page. My GF is against me even being on the computer. She goes thru my phone and PC every chance she gets. I had my phone password protected because I left it at the gym one time and the guy at the front desk or someone had gone thru it before turning it in. So I decided to password protect. That didn't go over too well. I have to hide just to get online for any reason. I think this woman is even into stalking me on some of the sites I frequent.

Big Red Flag my friend ! She sounds like a "whacko bitch" just waiting to be in an episode of "Fatal Vows" on the Investigation Channel.:shake:

Phobia 03-03-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9459573)
You'd be surprised.

I think you got him in 1 & 3. He'll win the beard. Thanks for not being a victim. I knew you wouldn't which is why I used you for the example.

stevieray 03-03-2013 10:22 AM

things a little lonely in the DJ booth on a saturday night? ;)

why would you need facebook? you do the same thing here.....:shrug:

Phobia 03-03-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9459564)
I remember that. I was online that night, and watched that whole thing go down.

Was it as I recalled? If I can't remember being sworn to secrecy on the matter, I'm worried that I'm misrepresented how it went down. Maybe I am just a giant a-hole roaming the internet making everybody's lives a living hell.

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 10:27 AM

Cyber-bullying to the max.

BlackHelicopters 03-03-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 9459770)
Dr Johnny Fever and 47 others like this

ROFL

Bowser 03-03-2013 10:31 AM

Jesus LMAO

Chiefshrink 03-03-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

This ! FB exposes those who would still like to be in high school and never grow up and as Andy Warhol once said, "everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame" and now with FB and YouTube their 15 minutes of fame lasts an "ETERNITY" !!:rolleyes:

But I do see the value and addiction to it when it comes to finding people important to you and doing business as well. It truly is a "double edged sword":)

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 10:35 AM

I don't understand the knock on Facebook. I'm in the mid twenties to early twenties crowd, and we pretty much use it like instagram. Picture sharing and very little text status updates or even comments. personally, my main use for it is too bitch amd whine every time I get banned from chiefs planet.

Al Bundy 03-03-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459834)
Was it as I recalled? If I can't remember being sworn to secrecy on the matter, I'm worried that I'm misrepresented how it went down. Maybe I am just a giant a-hole roaming the internet making everybody's lives a living hell.

This very well could be it.

ChiliConCarnage 03-03-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

I don't know you at all but I can pretty much assume you deserve better than that. You must be the most tolerant person ever.

This thread was a lot more exciting than I had expected ROFL

Tombstone RJ 03-03-2013 10:37 AM

fb is ok to stay in touch with people, the thing about it is you just have to say "no" to befriending people. I get lots of requests but I really try to limit who I say yes to. If I haven't seen a person for 20 years, I'm sorry, I'm not going to say yes just because I kind of knew you in high school.

My quota is around 100-120 friends. The idiots who have 300+ friends get what they deserve IMHO.

Brock 03-03-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9459387)
Yeah... Phil made a comment on my fb once that my gf at the time didn't appreciate. She didn't understand CP and didn't get the comment as anything but hurtful. So because she was more important to me than Phil I unfriended him.

Later I told Phil in private that I understood it but she didn't and asked him to understand that since we had been friends before. He said he understood and there were no hard feelings.

Now he's here to try to make me look like an ass for it.

**** you Phil. Seriously.

Ha ha, holy shit.

Bowser 03-03-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9459879)
Ha ha, holy shit.

My EXACT reaction the first time I read it.

Beer Me is a good dude, I've met him at a couple of Joe's parties, but good lord does he ever need to work on his self esteem.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-03-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

I had no clue his girl made him do it. That must have been private. I remember watching you make the comment on his thread, and him getting SUPER pissed about it. It went off from there. Some back and forth and then you guys weren't "friends" anymore. I laughed at it honestly.

Chiefshrink 03-03-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Maybe I am just a giant a-hole roaming the internet making everybody's lives a living hell.

Nah my friend, you are just a reminder to many and especially Dr.Johnny not to take himself so seriously, and when you saw this thread and who started it you couldn't resist. I get it and :clap: for it. Some people just see their life as one big "wedgie" being pulled on them everyday and actually live for that moment each an every day.

Rausch 03-03-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9459332)
Seriously?

I had an original account I deativated 3 years ago because even 80% of my real friends are ****ing annoying.

So I started a new job 2 weeks ago and corporate likes "the talent" to have personal fb pages. So I started another. 2 weeks in and I deactivated it again tonight. I seriously don't care what they think... if fb stupidity is a requirement here then send me on to my next job.

Is this really what we've come to? Goddamn CP is full of stupid enough. Don't make me do facebook too.

BTW those of you on my fb friends list, you can go ahead and delete. Or whatever.

LMAO

Technology: the single greatest avenue in allowing stupid to permeate all aspects of society...

Bump 03-03-2013 10:57 AM

I hate facebook, it's just a place for mom's to show off pics of their babies that I don't care about and what they ate and how they look in the car and in front of the mirror.

Phobia 03-03-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9459884)
My EXACT reaction the first time I read it.

Beer Me is a good dude, I've met him at a couple of Joe's parties, but good lord does he ever need to work on his self esteem.

I think his reality is a different place than other people. I understand that well because mine is too but I think I adjust when necessary. I don't think he does. This is nothing new. He's done this since he found this site, always gets personally offended over minutia. I still like him and I'd still drink a beer with the guy. But I'd bring tissues for him just in case.

SAUTO 03-03-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9459742)
I am one of the few people on Earth that doesn't have a facebook page.

**** that garbage.

Me either.

Never have never will
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia 03-03-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9459910)
Me either.

Never have never will
Posted via Mobile Device

You should get one for the shop though. Free marketing is the right price.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-03-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459914)
You should get one for the shop though. Free marketing is the right price.

Absolutely. Lots of small businesses make their Facebook page their website for the most part.

GloryDayz 03-03-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9459907)
I hate facebook, it's just a place for mom's to show off pics of their babies that I don't care about and what they ate and how they look in the car and in front of the mirror.

Well said!!! Now, I'll take a picture of the mirror when it says 109, but short of that, not so much.

Bowser 03-03-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9459908)
I think his reality is a different place than other people. I understand that well because mine is too but I think I adjust when necessary. I don't think he does. This is nothing new. He's done this since he found this site, always gets personally offended over minutia. I still like him and I'd still drink a beer with the guy. But I'd bring tissues for him just in case.

Well, that explains the 3-4 year absence he took. Wonder if another hiatus is on the way now?

stevieray 03-03-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9459884)

yup! beer me is cool, therefore I can't help but poke at dr johnny angry

wazu 03-03-2013 11:08 AM

I don't get how somebody can love Chiefsplanet, but hate Facebook. Is it the loss of anonymity? Spraying your thoughts on every conceivable topic all over this site and posting them on Facebook are not all that different.

GloryDayz 03-03-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9459942)
I don't get how somebody can love Chiefsplanet, but hate Facebook. Is it the loss of anonymity? Spraying your thoughts on every conceivable topic all over this site and posting them on Facebook are not all that different.

I think they're like beer and wine, both are based on alcohol, but the delivery is very different. And there are far too many assholes on Facebook just lying about how happy they are about their miserable lives. Read a lady's FB page before you head out for beers after work with the gang, and you'll wonder what happened to her on the way to the bar!

luv 03-03-2013 11:19 AM

I don't see how people who haven't tried it can knock it. It's like saying you don't like a food you've never tried. How do you know?

suds79 03-03-2013 11:21 AM

FB is kinda dumb and annoying but everybody has it.

So instead of activating, deactivating, ativating, etc over and over. When you get tired of it, you just don't pay much attention to it.

I have an account. Glad I do. I post about once a month and rarely check it. It works for me.

And people who are annoying are quickly Unfriended or put on ignore.

Simple.

Rausch 03-03-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9459979)
I don't see how people who haven't tried it can knock it. It's like saying you don't like a food you've never tried. How do you know?

:evil:

DaFace 03-03-2013 11:22 AM

Facebook CAN be incredibly obnoxious, but if you put a little effort into it, I find it hard to believe anyone can really have a major issue with it. The problem many people run into is that they try to make it a dick measuring contest and adding/accepting every person they've ever met. When you do that, you end up with a giant wall of information about people you don't care about.

If you're either 1) very selective of who you are friends with or 2) go through the effort to move people who you don't care much about into your acquaintances list, your feed will be filled with a really easy way to keep up with what's going on in the lives of people you care about. Using groups for people you REALLY want to know everything they're up to (and clicking on that group specifically once in a while) can help as well.

KCUnited 03-03-2013 11:24 AM

Stick to the music connections, Noonan. There's a lot of bullshit, but Facebook can be a great way for artists to promote and distribute. Especially lesser known talent.

Bowser 03-03-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9459990)
Facebook CAN be incredibly obnoxious, but if you put a little effort into it, I find it hard to believe anyone can really have a major issue with it. The problem many people run into is that they try to make it a dick measuring contest and adding/accepting every person they've ever met. When you do that, you end up with a giant wall of information about people you don't care about.

If you're either 1) very selective of who you are friends with or 2) go through the effort to move people who you don't care much about into your acquaintances list, your feed will be filled with a really easy way to keep up with what's going on in the lives of people you care about. Using groups for people you REALLY want to know everything they're up to (and clicking on that group specifically once in a while) can help as well.

I just like to tell everyone that I haven't talked to in 20 years happy birthday.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-03-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9460003)
I just like to tell everyone that I haven't talked to in 20 years happy birthday.

LOL Nice.

Phobia 03-03-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9459990)

Agreed. It is easy to tweak if you have a basic understanding of very simple technology.

DaFace 03-03-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9460003)

ROFL...I eventually took my birthday off of my FB account because of that. It irritated the shit out of me.

stevieray 03-03-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9460014)
ROFL...I eventually took my birthday off of my FB account because of that. It irritated the shit out of me.

Happy belated birthday, old friend!

:toast:

GloryDayz 03-03-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Good point. At my age, the last thing I want to be reminded of is that I'm even older!

DaFace 03-03-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9460028)
Happy belated birthday, old friend!

:toast:

That's one hell of a belated birthday wish - my birthday's a week from now. :p

Mr. Flopnuts 03-03-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

ROFL I figured he was making the reference to the thread you made about that very subject.

DaFace 03-03-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9460040)
ROFL I figured he was making the reference to the thread you made about that very subject.

Yeah, I figured. I'd almost forgotten I did that.

Bowser 03-03-2013 11:40 AM

Thought of that after I posted it. Heh.

GloryDayz 03-03-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9460034)

Well then, happy gunna-be birthday then...

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 11:44 AM

DaFace is getting really ****ing old.

stevieray 03-03-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9460034)

it appears your strategy is working...:hmmm:

DaFace 03-03-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9460072)
DaFace is getting really ****ing old.

This is true, though I don't really care that much. The point when I officially realized I was getting old was when I realized that I've been out of school (K-12) longer than I was in it at this point.

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9460075)
This is true, though I don't really care that much. The point when I officially realized I was getting old was when I realized that I've been out of school (K-12) longer than I was in it at this point.

Ooh crap, so have I. And I'm only 23.

lewdog 03-03-2013 12:39 PM

I just tend to make sarcastic status updates that mock what others constantly post.

like this, "No one really cares what you had for breakfast, how the traffic was on your commute, or the consistency of your shit this morning." I have had a few people delete me after such statuses, which was an easy way of handling some of the obnoxious people who I didn't want to be friends with anyway.

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 12:40 PM

no 1 cares if you care about their status

lewdog 03-03-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9460243)
no 1 cares if you care about their status

But I care about you baby. :harumph:

KurtCobain 03-03-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9460254)
But I care about you baby. :harumph:

I know sweetheart. I'm sorry I said those awful things.

By the way I'm leaving Applebees right now. I had a cheese burger. Kinda chilly outside. Wearing a grey bulls t shirt and grey jeans.

tk13 03-03-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9459867)
I don't understand the knock on Facebook. I'm in the mid twenties to early twenties crowd, and we pretty much use it like instagram. Picture sharing and very little text status updates or even comments. personally, my main use for it is too bitch amd whine every time I get banned from chiefs planet.

Wait until all of your friends get older and have kids. You'll see.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-03-2013 12:46 PM

I just took a real soft dump to the lane.

stevieray 03-03-2013 12:48 PM

BFF

ThaVirus 03-03-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9459957)
I think they're like beer and wine, both are based on alcohol, but the delivery is very different. And there are far too many assholes on Facebook just lying about how happy they are about their miserable lives. Read a lady's FB page before you head out for beers after work with the gang, and you'll wonder what happened to her on the way to the bar!

There's a whole lot of truth to this.

lewdog 03-03-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9460264)
I know sweetheart. I'm sorry I said those awful things.

By the way I'm leaving Applebees right now. I had a cheese burger. Kinda chilly outside. Wearing a grey bulls t shirt and grey jeans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9460269)
I just took a real soft dump to the lane.

ROFL

Well played.

I like it for following the cool stuff people do or pictures they post, especially since I don't live anywhere near where I am from it helps me keep in touch to see what my old friends are doing and access to setting something back up with them when I go home.

What gets old is the people who post 2-3 status updates a day about absolutely nothing or are always complaining. I probably post 1-2 status updates every few weeks and pictures maybe once a month.

threebag 03-03-2013 12:56 PM

I think mine still says Rock Chaulk Jayhawk from last March.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-03-2013 01:01 PM

Heading out for some food. Rocking my new short sleeved tee all tucked in. Gonna eat chinese and maybe a walk in the park. The dog will be excited!

threebag 03-03-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9460305)
Heading out for some food. Rocking my new short sleeved tee all tucked in. Gonna eat chinese and maybe a walk in the park. The dog will be excited!

threebag02 likes this