ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Game Consoles Are Already Dead — And Developers Know It (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270721)

lcarus 03-07-2013 12:32 PM

Also, if it weren't for exclusive games to the Xbox, PS, and Nintendo...it would be rather stupid to purchase a console when you could spend a little bit more and get a PC, which you can upgrade as years go by, and of course it's a PC which allows you to do so much more than gaming. I'm thinkin about bypassing consoles altogether next gen and just build me a good PC.

Deberg_1990 03-07-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9473771)
Also, if it weren't for exclusive games to the Xbox, PS, and Nintendo...it would be rather stupid to purchase a console when you could spend a little bit more and get a PC, which you can upgrade as years go by, and of course it's a PC which allows you to do so much more than gaming. I'm thinkin about bypassing consoles altogether next gen and just build me a good PC.

How many people just keep upgrading their PCs for 7 or 8 years? (The amount of time these consoles systems have lasted) Maybe for 3-5 years...but after that, usually people start talking about buying a whole new system.

lcarus 03-07-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9473776)
How many people just keep upgrading their PCs for 7 or 8 years? (The amount of time these consoles systems have lasted) Maybe for 3-5 years...but after that, usually people start talking about buying a whole new system.

That's true, but I have a relatively old PC with relatively old graphics card (in technology years I guess), but games still look incredible compared to consoles. Plus you know...I can do so many other things on my PC. I still own a PS3, 360, and Wii, but for most titles I'm trying to get them on PC. For instance, Arkham City, a great game on all consoles and systems, is just stunning on PC.

Imon Yourside 03-08-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9473784)
That's true, but I have a relatively old PC with relatively old graphics card (in technology years I guess), but games still look incredible compared to consoles. Plus you know...I can do so many other things on my PC. I still own a PS3, 360, and Wii, but for most titles I'm trying to get them on PC. For instance, Arkham City, a great game on all consoles and systems, is just stunning on PC.

I own a 360, PS3 and Wii and WII-U and I play them never..PC is the shiznitz!

Deberg_1990 03-08-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9475988)
I own a 360, PS3 and Wii and WII-U and I play them never

Then why did you buy them then?

007 03-08-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9476277)

Because he is a Chiefs fan.

Dayze 03-08-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9476280)
Because he is a Chiefs fan.

LMAO

Dayze 03-09-2013 10:33 PM

Did some looking to weekend at a dedicated gaming computer.
I was also able to get my hands on a throttle/yoke/pitch combo and switch panel for my flight sim.

I took a picture of the specs of the computer.

AMD A10 quad core
3.4Ghz
MS 8 64 bit
8GB DDR3'-1600 RAM
2TB 7,200 RPM Serial ATA hard drive
DVD etc
AMD 4G video memory
Wireless etc

I cleaned up my laptop and re-installed MS Flight Sim. My laptop is a 2MB and like a 1.7GHZ. It runs the sim pretty well, though I can't get the level of scenery and detail I'd like. Otherwise it gets really iffy.

Would a desktop like the one above run the sim a lot more smoothly? Allow me to run more detail etc?

hometeam 03-09-2013 10:46 PM

I wouldn't put any AMD in a gaming rig when I could pick an intel processor. I am also willing to spend money for the performance I want.

Also, when you say amd 4gb graphics that doesn't tell us a lot.

edit : a10 is an APU. Please dont.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fFCsWafmNi8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i...-AMD-A10-5800K

Dayze 03-09-2013 11:20 PM

Thanks. I really wanted to just get a rough ballpark since I know jack shit.
Definitely gonna hit you up when I'm ready.

lcarus 03-09-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9476277)

I'm guessing for the exact reasons I do. I seem to have an uncanny amount in common with him when it comes to entertainment and shit. But I originally had a PS3, then a hand-me-down 360 from my brother, then a Wii when I got a wild hair up my ass to play some of the old school franchises and what not, a Wii U (still don't know why I own the ****in thing...some god damn games better start coming out or get announced SOON). Then I discovered that nearly every game that is not a console exclusive is out on PC and looks incredible. So I game on it whenever I have the opportunity.

But I didn't really start gaming hard on PC until I hooked it up HDMI to my Vizio and most games have gamepad support so I can use my 360 controller. Now I do everything on it. Watch movies, shows, chat on CP like I am right now, game, listen to music, Netflix, whatever. I mean for ****s sake, the specs on the PS4 are as good as last years top of the line gaming PC. PC is always gonna be ahead of the consoles.

Also, the consoles are always gonna be one step ahead of the ****in Nintendo console it seems lol.

Setsuna 03-09-2013 11:51 PM

I was under the impression that a desktop was loads more powerful and practical as a gaming PC. Just for the build and rebuildability alone.