ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFT take on Albert and his twitter account (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270849)

patteeu 03-08-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9476525)
Yes. Moving a player that's top 10 at the most important position on the line to the third most important position is really going to improve the team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top 10 sounds good until you realize there are only 32 teams in the league.

PFF rated Branden Albert as the 14th best LT overall last season, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and call him 10th.

But regardless of that, if you replace a Top 10 guy on the left with a Top 5 guy and then replace a lesser player on the right side with that Top 10 LT, you've certainly improved the team. Whether you've missed out on a way to make an even bigger improvement by doing something else is the question to ask.

htismaqe 03-08-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9476663)

PFF rated Branden Albert as the 14th best LT overall last season, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and call him 10th.

But regardless of that, if you replace a Top 10 guy on the left with a Top 5 guy and then replace a lesser player on the right side with that Top 10 LT, you've certainly improved the team. Whether you've missed out on a way to make an even bigger improvement by doing something else is the question to ask.

Who is that top 5 guy you're replacing him with?

patteeu 03-08-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9476545)
No it wasn't. The offense "as a whole" hasn't been broken for 4 ****ing years.

It's amazing how STUPID this fanbase is when it comes to quarterbacks.

Did the offense succeed last year or not? I don't want to hear excuses. It's a yes or no question.

patteeu 03-08-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9476666)
Who is that top 5 guy you're replacing him with?

It's a hypothetical. It helps illustrate how moving a successful LT to the right side can improve your team under the right circumstances.

htismaqe 03-08-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9476672)
It's a hypothetical. It helps illustrate how moving a successful LT to the right side can improve your team under the right circumstances.

ROFL

htismaqe 03-08-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9476670)
Did the offense succeed last year or not? I don't want to hear excuses. It's a yes or no question.

This isn't DC, dipshit.

Brock 03-08-2013 10:14 AM

Good grief. Case in point as to why the fans in this town will never get it.

patteeu 03-08-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9476684)
This isn't DC, dipshit.

This appears to be a place where you can't answer the question.

htismaqe 03-08-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9476694)
This appears to be a place where you can't answer the question.

ROFL

You can't even correctly FRAME the question.

Of course you want to make it a yes/no answer. By limiting the scope of the conversation, you limit other's ability to make you look like the complete ****ing moron you are.

EVERYBODY, outside of your dumb sheep ass, can see what was wrong with the Chiefs the last 4 years.

EVERYBODY.

Get your head out of your ass. I'm not interested in stupid semantic arguments with you.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-08-2013 10:19 AM

Reading Patt's football takes are like chewing on a piece of foil-covered skim-cheese.
Posted via Mobile Device

buddha 03-08-2013 10:20 AM

This is a team sport and if the Chiefs can improve the OL by moving Albert...move f'ing Albert. Some of you are as spineless as Albert. Albert has been a fine LT, but he hasn't been great IMO. If you disagree...fine. I've seen other LTs who were significantly better. If Albert doesn't want to play where he's asked to play, trade him. The inmates don't run the asylum.

htismaqe 03-08-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9476712)
This is a team sport and if the Chiefs can improve the OL by moving Albert...move f'ing Albert. Some of you are as spineless as Albert. Albert has been a fine LT, but he hasn't been great IMO. If you disagree...fine. I've seen other LTs who were significantly better. If Albert doesn't want to play where he's asked to play, trade him. The inmates don't run the asylum.

OK, so who is available that is significantly better?

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-08-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9476727)
OK, so who is available that is significantly better?

JOKER HERP-DERP!
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 03-08-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9476700)
ROFL

You can't even correctly FRAME the question.

Of course you want to make it a yes/no answer. By limiting the scope of the conversation, you limit other's ability to make you look like the complete ****ing moron you are.

EVERYBODY, outside of your dumb sheep ass, can see what was wrong with the Chiefs the last 4 years.

EVERYBODY.

Get your head out of your ass. I'm not interested in stupid semantic arguments with you.

That's strange. You seemed interested in a stupid semantic argument in post 77.

Brock 03-08-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

I'll bet you can't name 8 LTs better than Albert. You're one of the idiots who will defend every moronic move this team makes.

Rausch 03-08-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

No.

Never.

If you are successful at LT you don't draft another LT.

If you are successful at LT you don't get asked to move to RT.

HemiEd 03-08-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Patteau, you are embarrassing yourself, quit while you are behind.

BossChief 03-08-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

That would be the worst usage of a first overall pick in the history of not only the NFL, but quite possibly all of pro sports.

HemiEd 03-08-2013 10:45 AM

Oh, and Brandon is back on FB after an extended absence.

patteeu 03-08-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9476793)
I'll bet you can't name 8 LTs better than Albert. You're one of the idiots who will defend every moronic move this team makes.

Here are the guys PFF rated higher than Branden Albert last year. Two of them were guys who played LT over Albert at UVA.

Joe Staley
Duane Brown
Michael Roos
Ryan Clady
Joe Thomas
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Andrew Whitworth
William Beatty
Jared Veldheer
Russell Okung
Eugene Monroe
Nate Solder
Trent Williams

patteeu 03-08-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9476810)
Patteau, you are embarrassing yourself, quit while you are behind.

Thanks for your concern.

Rausch 03-08-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9476844)
Here are the guys PFF rated higher than Branden Albert last year. Two of them were guys who played LT over Albert at UVA.

Joe Staley
Duane Brown
Michael Roos
Ryan Clady
Joe Thomas
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Andrew Whitworth
William Beatty
Jared Veldheer
Russell Okung
Eugene Monroe
Nate Solder
Trent Williams

So do we take out all the guys who missed time or just the amount of time Albert missed?

The Franchise 03-08-2013 10:53 AM

We need to leave Albert where he's at and go sign Gosder Cherilus to play RT.

patteeu 03-08-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9476851)
So do we take out all the guys who missed time or just the amount of time Albert missed?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but Albert missed more time than any of those guys last year. I'm not sure he deserves extra credit for being unavailable, but to avoid that argument I gave Albert credit for a 16 game season anyway and adjusted his rating accordingly. If I had ignored the injuries, Jordan Gross, Matt Kalil, and Donald Penn would have rated higher than him too.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-08-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9476862)

This. FART FTW!
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 03-08-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Bingo. I don't care if they overpay both he and Albert. That would be a damn good set of bookends for the next 5 years.

It's too bad that Alex Cassel will make them look bad.

Chiefnj2 03-08-2013 11:00 AM

Reid is bringing in his guy much like Vermeil brought in Green (and the plan worked) and Pioli brought in Cassel (plan didn't work). Part of the reason Green worked was because Vermeil quickly built a great OL. A part of the reason Cassel didn't work was because the OL wasn't anything special, or bad in certain circumstances. (Yes, Cassel was the largest problem, revolving OC's, lack of WR, etc., but RT and getting stuffed up the middle was also a contributing factor.)

It makes sense to me that Reid want's to build up the OL as quickly as possible. Even if that means using the 1.1 and having him play RT for a year or moving Albert around.

BossChief 03-08-2013 11:03 AM

Trent Green worked out because he had an extensive history in the offense Vermiel was installing and he had personal experiences coaching Trent and knew he would fit what he wanted to do on offense.

Andy hasn't ever had Alex Smith on his team and Alex will be learning another new offense.

patteeu 03-08-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9476910)
Trent Green worked out because he had an extensive history in the offense Vermiel was installing and he had personal experiences coaching Trent and knew he would fit what he wanted to do on offense.

Andy hasn't ever had Alex Smith on his team and Alex will be learning another new offense.

And because the Chiefs moved a middle of the road LT to the right side and replaced him with a top tier LT. Trent Green was horrible in year 1.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-08-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9476897)
Reid is bringing in his guy much like Vermeil brought in Green (and the plan worked) and Pioli brought in Cassel (plan didn't work). Part of the reason Green worked was because Vermeil quickly built a great OL. A part of the reason Cassel didn't work was because the OL wasn't anything special, or bad in certain circumstances. (Yes, Cassel was the largest problem, revolving OC's, lack of WR, etc., but RT and getting stuffed up the middle was also a contributing factor.)

It makes sense to me that Reid want's to build up the OL as quickly as possible. Even if that means using the 1.1 and having him play RT for a year or moving Albert around.

Dear RAID,

You make many fine pest products. I would like to contract the services of your fine lab technicians for a special project.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2 03-08-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9476910)

I'm not sure what you are arguing. Are you saying the OL didn't help Green and the offense? Are you saying that Smith wouldn't benefit from having a very good OL as he makes a transition into another offense?

Rausch 03-08-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9476884)
I'm not sure I understand your question, but Albert missed more time than any of those guys last year. I'm not sure he deserves extra credit for being unavailable, but to avoid that argument I gave Albert credit for a 16 game season anyway and adjusted his rating accordingly. If I had ignored the injuries, Jordan Gross, Matt Kalil, and Donald Penn would have rated higher than him too.

The tougher competition came late. Give the guy 4 sacks and I'd bet he's still top 10...

Rausch 03-08-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9476932)
Dear RAID,

You make many fine pest products. I would like to contract the services of your fine lab technicians for a special project.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Rausch 03-08-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

We need to leave Albert where he's at...

This...

Rasputin 03-08-2013 11:14 AM

If all the talk about Joekel is true then I think Dorsey and Andy Reid want him to be RTotf and leave Brandon Albert at LT. They can address long term with him during the season. If they can't work anything out long term with Brandon by end of season then they have their LTotf and can focus on another RT via FA or draft.

I think it's dumb to draft a RT with 1.1 but we are the Chiefs.

Rain Man 03-08-2013 11:17 AM

Has it been stated that Albert will be moved to right tackle, or are people making assumptions? There have been a few examples recently of high-ranked rookies starting out on the right and moving to the left later if I remember right. I see no reason why we wouldn't do that with Geno Smith when we draft him. Or whoever.

Or is the assumption that Donald Stephenson/Russell Wilson will play left?

patteeu 03-08-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9476974)
Has it been stated that Albert will be moved to right tackle, or are people making assumptions? There have been a few examples recently of high-ranked rookies starting out on the right and moving to the left later if I remember right. I see no reason why we wouldn't do that with Geno Smith when we draft him. Or whoever.

Or is the assumption that Donald Stephenson/Russell Wilson will play left?

It hasn't been stated. In fact, the last I heard, the Chiefs were saying that they consider Branden Albert their long term LT.

Your scenario makes more sense if they can't work out a deal with Albert and they decide to draft OT at 1.1.

FRCDFED 03-08-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

:clap: I would just like to add one comment. It doesn't matter what we think about how Albert has played LT. It is up to AR/JD. If "they" think it will upgrade the line by moving Albert then he gets moved. Period.

Brock 03-08-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9476996)
:clap: I would just like to add one comment. It doesn't matter what we think about how Albert has played LT. It is up to AR/JD. If "they" think it will upgrade the line by moving Albert then he gets moved. Period.

Thanks for the amazing insight. Are you seriously putting forth the idea that Reid isn't taking his cues from an internet message board? That's unbelievable!

FRCDFED 03-08-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9477008)
Thanks for the amazing insight. Are you seriously putting forth the idea that Reid isn't taking his cues from an internet message board? That's unbelievable!

WTF are you talking about. I'm saying that all this discussion is just that....discussion. We have entrusted AR to field the best team that he can. If that means moving a whiny ass LT to RT then so be it. He will play where he's told to play or get traded.

I suspect if he get's moved then some on here will raise hell until the offense starts to show significant improvement. Irregardless, the players don't dictate where they are going to play.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-08-2013 11:31 AM

Hey Adolph; stfu
Posted via Mobile Device

FRCDFED 03-08-2013 11:31 AM

Nice addition to the conversation.

Sassy Squatch 03-08-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9477008)

Haha. Nice delivery.

Brock 03-08-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9477044)
WTF are you talking about. I'm saying that all this discussion is just that....discussion. We have entrusted AR to field the best team that he can.

Again, thanks for the valuable information. It's earth-shattering news, truly.

Nightfyre 03-08-2013 01:45 PM

I don't have PFF, but I would be willing to bet that Albert was the 14th LT because he saw limited snaps compared to others due to his injury. Also, he is a better pass-blocker than run-blocker which will help in Andy Reid's offense. Also, Matt Cassel sucks BALLSACK. Matt Cassel routinely takes 45 sacks a year and Albert gave up what, one sack and one pressure this year?

patteeu 03-08-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9477369)
I don't have PFF, but I would be willing to bet that Albert was the 14th LT because he saw limited snaps compared to others due to his injury. Also, he is a better pass-blocker than run-blocker which will help in Andy Reid's offense. Also, Matt Cassel sucks BALLSACK. Matt Cassel routinely takes 45 sacks a year and Albert gave up what, one sack and one pressure this year?

You'd lose that bet. PFF's raw season-long ranking has him as the 17th best overall LT. If you adjust the overall score to a per game basis, Albert moves up to 14th.

I agree with the pass blocking point. FWIW, PFF has him as the 5th best pass blocking LT (9th best if you don't use the per game adjustment).

KCWolfman 03-08-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 9474014)
Twitter=bad

This.

Has anything good ever come of a sports figure using the forum?

Someone will eventually conduct a study showing how much average money a player loses by using Facebook and Twitter over the course of his career.

Fish 03-08-2013 02:39 PM

I still can't believe how many idiots think this team needs another LT.

Chiefnj2 03-08-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9477487)
I still can't believe how many idiots think this team needs another LT.

They need a LT with a long term deal.

-King- 04-12-2013 07:23 PM

Albert on Instagram

http://i.imgur.com/9E8Ahvx.jpg

Hammock Parties 04-12-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9476663)

He's a top 10 pass blocker at his position.

You don't replace those guys with 1.1 in the prime of their careers.

Period.

-King- 04-12-2013 07:26 PM

He's at Arrowhead? :hmmm:

http://i.imgur.com/f6EJFY7.jpg

-King- 04-12-2013 07:28 PM

Wtf Jason? LMAO

SAUTO 04-12-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9581725)
Wtf Jason? LMAO

On my phone I can't see the pictures. If I quote the post I can then click on it and see it. I can do it if someone else quotes it too.

I just didn't delete my posts like I usually do lol
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 04-12-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9581728)
On my phone I can't see the pictures. If I quote the post I can then click on it and see it. I can do it if someone else quits it too.

I just didn't delete my posts like I usually do lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yeah. I do that too.

BossChief 04-12-2013 07:38 PM

I usually click on the post # and it opens a new window and shows the pic.

Wouldn't it be sweet if they got a deal done! There have been a few LTs re-signed this offseason...his "fair market value" shouldn't be that hard to figure out at this point.

hometeam 04-12-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9581721)
He's at Arrowhead? :hmmm:

http://i.imgur.com/f6EJFY7.jpg

Prob at the royals game.

Mike in SW-MO 04-12-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9581760)

Wouldn't it be sweet if they got a deal done! There have been a few LTs re-signed this offseason...his "fair market value" shouldn't be that hard to figure out at this point.

I wondered about salary cap when I saw the post about the LB being signed. I was under the impression Chiefs were pretty tapped out pre-draft at this point.

Figured it meant Albert was going bye-bye or they had a long term deal to lower his cap number.

Hopefully the Chiefs and Albert have come together.

SAUTO 04-12-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9581760)

weird my phone doesn't show post numbers either
Posted via Mobile Device

jimw51 04-12-2013 08:44 PM

Show up and an play football

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2013 08:58 PM

Sign that deal!
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 04-12-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO (Post 9581952)
I wondered about salary cap when I saw the post about the LB being signed. I was under the impression Chiefs were pretty tapped out pre-draft at this point.

Figured it meant Albert was going bye-bye or they had a long term deal to lower his cap number.

Hopefully the Chiefs and Albert have come together.

The salary cap room is based on the highest 51 contracts we have...camp fodder signings don't effect that number.

Nice thought, though.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-15-2013 07:05 AM

Per PFT

Chiefs willing to trade Branden Albert for a high second-round pick

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 15, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT

AP
A month ago, the word out of Kansas City was that if the Chiefs were going to trade left tackle Branden Albert, they’d want more than just a second-round draft pick. But the Chiefs may be softening their stance on that.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated is hearing that the Chiefs would take a high second-round pick for Albert. So far, however, Kansas City has found no takers.

The Chiefs gave up their own high second-round pick to acquire quarterback Alex Smith, and they’d like to get a second-round pick back. The question, however, is whether any team would be willing to give up a second-round pick for Albert. This year Albert is guaranteed a base salary of $9.828 million, and he is looking for significant money on a long-term contract. So any team that acquires Albert for a second-round pick would have to spend a lot more money on (and devote a lot more cap space to) Albert than the second-round pick would cost.

The Chiefs are widely expected to draft a left tackle, either Luke Joeckel of Texas A&M or Eric Fisher of Central Michigan, with the first overall pick in next week’s draft.

O.city 04-15-2013 07:13 AM

He's good as gone.

Oh well, save some money and perhaps get a better player

tredadda 04-15-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9587570)
Per PFT

AP
A month ago, the word out of Kansas City was that if the Chiefs were going to trade left tackle Branden Albert, they’d want more than just a second-round draft pick. But the Chiefs may be softening their stance on that.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated is hearing that the Chiefs would take a high second-round pick for Albert. So far, however, Kansas City has found no takers.

The Chiefs gave up their own high second-round pick to acquire quarterback Alex Smith, and they’d like to get a second-round pick back. The question, however, is whether any team would be willing to give up a second-round pick for Albert. This year Albert is guaranteed a base salary of $9.828 million, and he is looking for significant money on a long-term contract. So any team that acquires Albert for a second-round pick would have to spend a lot more money on (and devote a lot more cap space to) Albert than the second-round pick would cost.

The Chiefs are widely expected to draft a left tackle, either Luke Joeckel of Texas A&M or Eric Fisher of Central Michigan, with the first overall pick in next week’s draft.

:facepalm:

They are determined to replace him with someone who is not any better than him if it means recouping the pick they blew on Alex Smith.

O.city 04-15-2013 07:15 AM

Why are we so sure fisher or joeckel won't be better? Maybe yet don't like Albert at lt in a pass happy offense.

Dante84 04-15-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9587570)
Per PFT

AP

So that is PFT quoting Peter King, and Peter King's article that this is taken from isn't really concrete. "I'm hearing..."

He's a Pioli fanboy, too, so I trust nothing he says.

Deberg_1990 04-15-2013 07:27 AM

It appears its more about getting a LT for cheaper. It doesnt appear the Chiefs or anyone else wants to pay Albert 9 mil per.

O.city 04-15-2013 07:29 AM

King might be a dipshit, but he has really solid sources in the nfl

BigRock 04-15-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9587592)
It doesnt appear the Chiefs or anyone else wants to pay Albert 9 mil per.

Perhaps this is the point they're hoping to get across to him.

Messier 04-15-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9587579)

They are determined to replace him with someone who is not any better than him if it means recouping the pick they blew on Alex Smith.

Wasted? I'll bet Alex Smith has more impact, in a good way, than whoever gets taken at that spot. And definitely any QB available there.

Messier 04-15-2013 08:01 AM

Besides, it doesn't sound like there will be any takers for Albert.

WV 04-15-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Exactly...They were so eager to create a market and over pay for Alex Smith, but now they certainly seem to be having some sort of buyers remorse or lack of confidence in their paying price.

Messier 04-15-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9587638)
Exactly...They were so eager to create a market and over pay for Alex Smith, but now they certainly seem to be having some sort of buyers remorse or lack of confidence in their paying price.

I think it's more to do with what they think Albert is worth. The fact they gave up a second for Smith, and are asking for a second for Albert have nothing to do with each other. I think they'd ask for a second for Albert even if they got Smith for a fourth.

TRR 04-15-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9587581)
Why are we so sure fisher or joeckel won't be better? Maybe yet don't like Albert at lt in a pass happy offense.

Completely agree with this. Truth? We don't know. Albert is a serviceable if not good Left Tackle. He isn't upper echelon in my opinion. We know what Albert is and isn't. Sometimes that is more comfortable. However, it doesn't make it right.

FWIW, the last thing I want is a Left Tackle at #1. However, we can't pretend to know what these draftees will become.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 04-15-2013 08:21 AM

SI's Peter King "hears" the Chiefs are willing to accept a "high second-round pick" for disgruntled LT Branden Albert.
The Chiefs had been seeking both a second-rounder and a late-round selection, but no one's bitten. Albert is a prime candidate to be traded before or during the draft, but a deal may not end up going down until the festivities in New York are over, and teams have a clearer idea of their needs. Albert hasn't been directly connected to any one team since going on the block.

Deberg_1990 04-15-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9587650)
Completely agree with this. Truth? We don't know. Albert is a serviceable if not good Left Tackle. He isn't upper echelon in my opinion. We know what Albert is and isn't. Sometimes that is more comfortable. However, it doesn't make it right.

FWIW, the last thing I want is a Left Tackle at #1. However, we can't pretend to know what these draftees will become.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its not about whos better or worse. Its about how much money the Chiefs are willing to commit to the LT position.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9587581)

Why are we so sure Fisher or Joeckel won't be worse?

There's a VERY good possibility that they will never play to the ability of Branden Albert. Albert's very good.

Ace Gunner 04-15-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

vaginal discharge reported

TRR 04-15-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9587659)
Why are we so sure Fisher or Joeckel won't be worse?

There's a VERY good possibility that they will never play to the ability of Branden Albert. Albert's very good.

...And the same possibility exists that Joeckel or Fisher become All-Pro.

Look I'm not saying they will. I'm just not as quick to dismiss the fact that it's absolutely possible.
Posted via Mobile Device