ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football First openly gay NFL player to come out soon? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271468)

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-26-2013 09:34 AM

A couple of owners should come out first. To set an example. Green Bay isn't that small a town.

Dave Lane 03-26-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9529939)
I wouldn't have enjoyed being around an openly gay guy in my frat in college. It's possible one of the 100 was but it certainly wasn't known. I wouldn't shower in the common area with the possibility he'd show up in there. Anyone who can't understand the natural aversion straight males have to this, is a ****ing moron.

10 of your "brothers" were gay. Fact.

loochy 03-26-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9530189)
10 of your "brothers" were gay. Fact.

how is that a fact? you didn't know them

Prison Bitch 03-26-2013 09:40 AM

He's talking "libberish" again

Marco Polo 03-26-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9530146)
Looking at some of the comments in here, I would reluctantly offer an observation. What makes you think that a gay guy would find you attractive? Most women don't find me attractive, so I have to think the same dynamic would be at play with men.

On the NFL question, I don't necessarily see a player as being in "danger" from homophobic fans or discrimination or anything like that. I see the biggest problem being that he works in a jungle with some of the meanest and most aggressive people on earth. Anything you reveal that can potentially be used to distract you or upset you on the field will be used. If he comes out, he can expect to get about 8,000 anti-gay comments per game from his opponents, and it's not really a gay thing. It's a competitive thing.

+1

loochy 03-26-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9530199)
+1

why oh why does rain man always make so much sense?

Stanley Nickels 03-26-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530190)

It's estimated that 10% of the population is gay. Even if Prison Bitch was a member of a frat that was explicitly homophobic, it's likely that at least five of them were gay. Come to think of it, the percentage of vocally homophobic people who end up involved in gay scandals is probably well above 10%.

loochy 03-26-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9530206)
It's estimated that 10% of the population is gay. Even if Prison Bitch was a member of a frat that was explicitly homophobic, it's likely that at least five of them were gay. Come to think of it, the percentage of vocally homophobic people who end up involved in gay scandals is probably well above 10%.

you don't think that the distribution of that 10% might be skewed? i'd think that gay folks would try to avoid an environment like that...

Stanley Nickels 03-26-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

On the NFL question, I don't necessarily see a player as being in "danger" from homophobic fans or discrimination or anything like that. I see the biggest problem being that he works in a jungle with some of the meanest and most aggressive people on earth. Anything you reveal that can potentially be used to distract you or upset you on the field will be used. If he comes out, he can expect to get about 8,000 anti-gay comments per game from his opponents, and it's not really a gay thing. It's a competitive thing.

This is a really good point that I hadn't considered. If a team will target RGIII's legs because it offers a potentially huge competitive advantage, you can damn well bet that someone will disregard their own opinions, if it means affecting a player's performance. Whether it's Manti Te'o, The Unnamed Gay (good CP handle idea, there), or anyone else, there's a psychological battle that benefits the ones who have the least dirt that can be used against them.

WhawhaWhat 03-26-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530213)
you don't think that the distribution of that 10% might be skewed? i'd think that gay folks would try to avoid an environment like that...

I always thought frat guys all at least had gay tendencies. Hey-oooooo.

Stanley Nickels 03-26-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530213)

You're forgetting that much of the 10% are men and women who either live in denial or believe they can "change" their sexuality. There's a whole range of behavioral reactions to having feelings that parts of society believe are immoral and "unnatural". It's easy for you and I to say "if I were gay, I'd be open and proud", but we've never had to deal with anything remotely like that. (Sorry to speak for you, but I'm just making an assumption)

Dave Lane 03-26-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530190)

Statistically 10% are gay and in that large of a group its probably going to be close to the proper number.

loochy 03-26-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9530235)
Statistically 10% are gay and in that large of a group its probably going to be close to the proper number.

Like I said earlier, don't you think that that 10% might be skewed away from a group that acts and behaves in a manner consistent with what is expected of a fraternity (i.e. groupthink, hazing, etc)? Conventional viewpoints would think that would be a bad situation for a gay man.

Rain Man 03-26-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9530223)
This is a really good point that I hadn't considered. If a team will target RGIII's legs because it offers a potentially huge competitive advantage, you can damn well bet that someone will disregard their own opinions, if it means affecting a player's performance. Whether it's Manti Te'o, The Unnamed Gay (good CP handle idea, there), or anyone else, there's a psychological battle that benefits the ones who have the least dirt that can be used against them.

DT's Monday Night meltdown is a perfect example of this in the most heterosexual context possible.

Brock 03-26-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530239)
Like I said earlier, don't you think that that 10% might be skewed away from a group that acts and behaves in a manner consistent with what is expected of a fraternity (i.e. groupthink, hazing, etc)? Conventional viewpoints would think that would be a bad situation for a gay man.

I would hazard a guess that the percentage is higher in frats, just based on their behavior and the desire to live in a house with a bunch of dudes.

Canofbier 03-26-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't have enjoyed being around an openly gay guy in my frat in college. It's possible one of the 100 was but it certainly wasn't known. I wouldn't shower in the common area with the possibility he'd show up in there. Anyone who can't understand the natural aversion straight males have to this, is a ****ing moron.

I'd imagine that the majority of people in this thread are straight males, and there isn't any lack of people lining up to argue against you. It's awfully presumptuous of you to assume that your experience is representative of straight men as a whole.

There is no doubt that there are some in the NFL that would be uncomfortable with a homosexual teammate. Based on what Fujita is saying, however, it sounds like most players are willing to accept a teammate for what or who he is. Given the other issues that the players have on their plates (keeping their spots on the depth chart, practicing for their next game), I doubt that having a few gay players on the team would alter the locker room dynamic much.

Tribal Warfare 03-26-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9529997)
I guess 'tribal' and suds' would have no problem and actually feel very comfortable in the locker room with a naked gay black guy on each side of them potentially wanting to play 'oreo cookie' or if the gay guys were white then they could play 'vanilla wafered'.

If they don't make a big issue out of it, I have no problem. One of my cousins is gay so I'm very tolerant .

Prison Bitch 03-26-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9530206)
It's estimated that 10% of the population is gay. %.

No it's not. It's 2-3%.

Prison Bitch 03-26-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9530251)
I'd imagine that the majority of people in this thread are straight males, and there isn't any lack of people lining up to argue against you. It's awfully presumptuous of you to assume that your experience is representative of straight men as a whole..

You can't be serious. What people say on a message board and what people would actually do when confronted with a situation are two completely different things.

boogblaster 03-26-2013 10:10 AM

tolerant .. thats the problem now .. go bak in the closets you unnatural sob's .....

scho63 03-26-2013 10:10 AM

I don't care if every Chiefs player were gay if they get us to the Super Bowl and win.

"Just win baby"

Brock 03-26-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9529997)
I guess 'tribal' and suds' would have no problem and actually feel very comfortable in the locker room with a naked gay black guy on each side of them potentially wanting to play 'oreo cookie' or if the gay guys were white then they could play 'vanilla wafered'.:

Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this. Really a lot. Like, way more than a normal straight guy would. Food for thought.

Canofbier 03-26-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9530264)
You can't be serious. What people say on a message board and what people would actually do when confronted with a situation are two completely different things.

Depends on the person, I guess. I have absolutely no incentive to put on a front here on CP; I say what I mean, and I don't exaggerate my opinions to try and make myself look better.

houstonwhodat 03-26-2013 10:13 AM

Should this be a sticky?

gblowfish 03-26-2013 10:14 AM

He's super, thanks for asking!
http://i49.tinypic.com/10s9lpl.jpg

Canofbier 03-26-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster (Post 9530266)
tolerant .. thats the problem now .. go bak in the closets you unnatural sob's .....

"Why are we so tolerant of obese people nowadays? Stop eating, you lazy, unnaturally fat sack of shit."

See what I did there?

RealSNR 03-26-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Looking at some of the comments in here, I would reluctantly offer an observation. What makes you think that a gay guy would find you attractive? Most women don't find me attractive, so I have to think the same dynamic would be at play with men.

Women only love you for your car.

I wonder what kind of car Scott Fujita finds attractive.

Brock 03-26-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Just pull your shades down and turn up the volume on price is right, grandpa.

gblowfish 03-26-2013 10:17 AM

I thought Johnnie Morton was the first outwardly gay player?

loochy 03-26-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9530292)

after his playing days

loochy 03-26-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9530280)
He's super, thanks for asking!

thickening

lostcause 03-26-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9530292)

I'm not sure he ever actually came out.

Prison Bitch 03-26-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9530273)
Depends on the person, I guess. I have absolutely no incentive to put on a front here on CP; I say what I mean, and I don't exaggerate my opinions to try and make myself look better.

Cool, me too. Fist bump, brah!

Dayze 03-26-2013 10:28 AM

Ted Washington is pretty much gay, based on the way his wife looks.

tman 03-26-2013 10:31 AM

This thread is gay!

A man escapes from a prison where he’s been locked up for 15 years. He breaks into a house and inside, he finds a young couple in bed. He ties him to a chair. While tying the wife to the bed, the convict gets on top of her, kisses her neck, then gets up and goes into the bathroom. While he’s in there, the husband whispers over to his wife,
“Listen, this guy is an escaped convict. Look at his clothes! He’s probably spent a lot of time in jail and hasn’t seen a woman in years. I saw how he kissed your neck. If he wants sex, don’t resist, don’t complain. Do whatever he tells you. Satisfy him no matter how much he nauseates you. This guy is obviously very dangerous. If he gets angry, he’ll kill us both. Be strong, honey. I love you!”

She responds: “He wasn’t kissing my neck. He was whispering in my ear. He told me that he’s gay, thinks you’re cute, and asked if we had any Vaseline. I told him it was in the bathroom. Be strong honey. I love you, too.”

bevischief 03-26-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tman (Post 9530330)
This thread is gay!

A man escapes from a prison where he’s been locked up for 15 years. He breaks into a house and inside, he finds a young couple in bed. He ties him to a chair. While tying the wife to the bed, the convict gets on top of her, kisses her neck, then gets up and goes into the bathroom. While he’s in there, the husband whispers over to his wife,
“Listen, this guy is an escaped convict. Look at his clothes! He’s probably spent a lot of time in jail and hasn’t seen a woman in years. I saw how he kissed your neck. If he wants sex, don’t resist, don’t complain. Do whatever he tells you. Satisfy him no matter how much he nauseates you. This guy is obviously very dangerous. If he gets angry, he’ll kill us both. Be strong, honey. I love you!”

She responds: “He wasn’t kissing my neck. He was whispering in my ear. He told me that he’s gay, thinks you’re cute, and asked if we had any Vaseline. I told him it was in the bathroom. Be strong honey. I love you, too.”

LMAO

RealSNR 03-26-2013 10:39 AM

This gay joke is extremely vulgar, so I put it in the spoiler tag. Don't read this and complain:

Spoiler!

ThaVirus 03-26-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9530269)
Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this. Really a lot. Like, way more than a normal straight guy would. Food for thought.

LMAO

Its great reading some of people's views in this thread though. You never know quite how backward some people are until they open their mouths.

Strongside 03-26-2013 10:41 AM

Why does this article mention that the player will 'try to continue his career'? Jeff Garcia has been out of the league for some time now.

KC native 03-26-2013 10:41 AM

Hey, it's the monthly expose all the homophobes thread.

ToxSocks 03-26-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9530347)
This gay joke is extremely vulgar, so I put it in the spoiler tag. Don't read this and complain:

Spoiler!

That's the worst gay joke i've ever read.

loochy 03-26-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9530350)
Why does this article mention that the player will 'try to continue his career'? Jeff Garcia has been out of the league for some time now.

Dude have you SEEN his wife?

Strongside 03-26-2013 10:43 AM

I'm no homophobe. My girlfriend and I eat at Hamburger Mary's all the time. I like deh food.

RealSNR 03-26-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9530352)
That's the worst gay joke i've ever read.

Then it won't surprise you that I stole it from Gilbert Gottfried

Strongside 03-26-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530353)
Dude have you SEEN his wife?

Best looking tranny I've ever seen.

patteeu 03-26-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

If you went to KU, I've got news for you. ;)

KC native 03-26-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Spoiler!

I'm complaining because I was led to believe this would be an extremely awesome joke. It was only chuckle worthy. May the ghost of rape-mas past visit you in your sleep. BOO THIS MAN.

Dayze 03-26-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Spoiler!

LMAO

Stanley Nickels 03-26-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9530260)
No it's not. It's 2-3%.

The actual number is difficult to discern and will likely never be completely known, due to a number of factors, not the least of which is incidence vs prevalence (eg, does having ANY homosexual contact identify one as "gay"), but regardless, your estimate is very low.

Incidence rates tend to hover around 15%-- that is, 15% of people have had same-sex encounters during some pre-defined period (usually adolescence to young-adulthood); prevlance rates range from about 5-10%.

I'm not sure if you're behind a paywall, but here's one of many PubMed articles surveying a random community about this exact situation:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9736328
The abstract says most of the important stuff; if you're interested in the criteria, you'll need to have PM access.

RealSNR 03-26-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9530359)
I'm complaining because I was led to believe this would be an extremely awesome joke. It was only chuckle worthy. May the ghost of rape-mas past visit you in your sleep. BOO THIS MAN.

I guess I should just stick to Jovan Belcher jokes, then :(

Prison Bitch 03-26-2013 10:49 AM

It will be interesting to see if he's given the sexual harassment training. You see, I've been given it at all four of my companies and never once asked if I wanted to participate. Simple: it's mandatory. Sure I've never harassed anyone but tat doesn't exempt me from it. And now this guy will have to undergo it as well.

We cannot assume he will be turned on, but my companies could never assume I'd e turned on by my female co-workers. Same deal.

KC native 03-26-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9530366)

CHEER THIS MAN. HOORAY FOR KNOWING WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-26-2013 10:50 AM

Matt Cassel

I knew it !

Reaper16 03-26-2013 10:50 AM

Anyone who is all "who cares? I'm sick of hearing about gay issues" has very obviously never had to hide their fullest expression of themselves because of societal stigmas. There's nothing wrong with that -- you're fortunate and many people would love to trade experiences with you -- but one ought to be aware of how their own privilege informs their thinking on this issue.

teedubya 03-26-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9529936)
he'll most assuredly lead with his head.

LMAO... yeah, Gay players that lead with their helmet will be penile-ized.

Brock 03-26-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9530372)
It will be interesting to see if he's given the sexual harassment training. You see, I've been given it at all four of my companies and never once asked if I wanted to participate. Simple: it's mandatory. Sure I've never harassed anyone but tat doesn't exempt me from it. And now this guy will have to undergo it as well.

We cannot assume he will be turned on, but my companies could never assume I'd e turned on by my female co-workers. Same deal.

I love how you think this is some kind of salient point. If everybody has to take the training, everybody has to take the training. Jesus Christ.

KC native 03-26-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9530377)
Anyone who is all "who cares? I'm sick of hearing about gay issues" has very obviously never had to hide their fullest expression of themselves because of societal stigmas. There's nothing wrong with that -- you're fortunate and many people would love to trade experiences with you -- but one ought to be aware of how their own privilege informs their thinking on this issue.

Don't turn this into a serious discussion. I love these threads. They're like Jerry Springer shows.

gblowfish 03-26-2013 10:53 AM

Honestly, I could care less if a guy is in love with a girl, a guy, or a barnyard animal. Same as I don't care if he's Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, Muslim, or in love with a barnyard animal.

WhawhaWhat 03-26-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9530372)

Is there no sexual harassment training for NFL employees, even after the Brett Favre/Jenn Sterger stuff from a few years ago?

patteeu 03-26-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9530377)

We still love you. You can stop overcompensating with all that death metal now. :grouphug:

j/k

Frazod 03-26-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9530366)

My favorite is the one about the trucker who picks up the queer hitchhikers, but it wouldn't be nearly as funny in written form.

Dayze 03-26-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9530380)
LMAO... yeah, Gay players that lead with their helmet will be penile-ized.

BOOM! lol

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-26-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

lol
Posted via Mobile Device

WhawhaWhat 03-26-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9530397)
My favorite is the one about the trucker who picks up the queer hitchhikers, but it wouldn't be nearly as funny in written form.

You prefer pictures?

Frazod 03-26-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9530403)
You prefer pictures?

Uh, no.

TLO 03-26-2013 11:00 AM

Would there be some kind of procedure in the showers? Or is it like supermakret sweek for those guys in there?

Dayze 03-26-2013 11:00 AM

dicks, or GTFO / Clay

ToxSocks 03-26-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9530406)
dicks, or GTFO / Clay

LMAO

ping2000 03-26-2013 11:16 AM

I just hope it's not a Chief or former Chief. We don't need the distraction. I miss the old days when people kept their sexual preferences to themselves. Who you are banging or like to bang does not interest me.

burt 03-26-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 9530433)
I just hope it's not a Chief or former Chief. We don't need the distraction. I miss the old days when people kept their sexual preferences to themselves. Who you are banging or like to bang does not interest me.

THIS. TIMES EVEVENTY!!

ToxSocks 03-26-2013 11:19 AM

My 2cents:

I live about 5-10minutes from the Gay Epicenter of San Diego, so i'm fairly exposed to the openly gay man, unlike the closeted ones you guys have in the midwest.

I've had openly gay friends and co-workers, and it has in fact gotten weird before. I'm pretty tolerant about most things and gays don't bother me, but sometimes the gay males don't respect your boundaries.

When they cross the line, it does get uncomfortable.

I was a teacher's assistant to an openly Gay male Teacher. He would talk about a lot of gay shit with the rest of the staff, but it wasn't a big deal, although a little uncomfortable at times. He was constantly ridiculed by the students though.

When i was living in the group home, they hired a few gay staff members for "Cultural Diversity". One of them got fired when a student asked if he was attracted to some guy on T.V. He replied, "No, i'm into guys that look like (me)". I was 16 at the time. He was fired a few days later.

I've had other instances where gay men have hit on me as well. It's extremely awkward.

My point is, I don't care if you're gay, but in MY personal experiences with openly gay men, sometimes they can be a little too proud and forget to respect the boundaries of others. If you're gay, you should still have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

KC native 03-26-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9530440)
My 2cents:

I live about 5-10minutes from the Gay Epicenter of San Deigo, so i'm fairly exposed to the openly gay man, unlike the closeted ones you guys have in the midwest.

I've had openly gay friends and co-workers, and it has in fact gotten weird before. I'm pretty tolerant about most things and gays don't bother me, but sometimes the gay males don't respect your boundaries.

I was a teacher's assistant to an openly Gay male Teacher. He would talk about a lot of gay shit with the rest of the staff, but it wasn't a big deal, although a little uncomfortable at times. He was constantly ridiculed by the students though.

When i was living in the group home, they hired a few gay staff members for "Cultural Diversity". One of them got fired when a student asked if he was attracted to some guy on T.V. He replied, "No, i'm into guys that look like (me)". I was 16 at the time. He was fired a few days later.

I've had other instances where gay men have hit on me as well. It's extremely awkward.

My point is, I don't care if you're gay, but in MY personal experiences with openly gay men, sometimes they can be a little too proud and forget to respect the boundaries of others. If you're gay, you should still have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Well, maybe they wouldn't have hit on you if you A) weren't dressed like a whore and B) wiped the dried semen off your face before you talked woth them.

loochy 03-26-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

If you're gay, you should still have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Uhm that's discrimination, right?

loochy 03-26-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 9530433)

Nope. They'll announce it through public media and you'll like it.

Reaper16 03-26-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

My 2cents:

I live about 5-10minutes from the Gay Epicenter of San Diego, so i'm fairly exposed to the openly gay man, unlike the closeted ones you guys have in the midwest.

As if straight men don't have boundary issues. Congrats, Detoxing, you know know a little bit of what its like to be a woman walking down the street.

loochy 03-26-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9530459)
Congrats, Detoxing, you know know a little bit of what its like to be an attractive woman walking down the street.

fyp

Reaper16 03-26-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530461)
fyp

Hey, its hard times out here for a catcalling construction worker.

Dave Lane 03-26-2013 11:31 AM

So you are saying they are men? Ask any woman and they will give your story as a quote over and over.

Quote:

My 2cents:

loochy 03-26-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9530462)
Hey, its hard times out here for a catcalling construction worker.

i guess you could use the ugly ones for harassment practice

KC native 03-26-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530466)
i guess you could use the ugly ones for harassment practice

Not everyone can bag a 10. And if you can't get a 10, you can at least **** 5 2s.