ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Ouch: PFW Evaluates Geno, Barkley (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271664)

AlexSmithDynasty 04-02-2013 02:57 PM

I don't think Geno is a great prospect but this dude's criticism is over the top. How can he say he's not respected by teammates, it just sounds ridiculous. The fact that he gives Barkley so much credit for leadership but none to Smith just makes him sound like a straight up racist.

Dayze 04-02-2013 02:58 PM

supposed to be something on NFLN tonight at 7CST; I didn't catch all of it, but it was Warner and Mooch meeting with all the guys, doing drills etc. Probably not a ton to evaulate on it, but it should be entertaining to watch.

TEX 04-02-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9550002)
I don't think Geno is a great prospect but this dude's criticism is over the top. How can he say he's not respected by teammates, it just sounds ridiculous. The fact that he gives Barkley so much credit for leadership but none to Smith just makes him sound like a straight up racist.

ROFL When in doubt, play the race card...:rolleyes:

AustinChief 04-02-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

I don't think he is actually racist. I think he is a "shock panderer" like Whitlock on occasion. This is his way of gaining notoriety. Fact is, we have no clue and neither does this guy ... so he makes some out of left field shocking statements and if they don't pan out they get mostly forgotten .. but if they do he benefits.

AustinChief 04-02-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9550005)
supposed to be something on NFLN tonight at 7CST; I didn't catch all of it, but it was Warner and Mooch meeting with all the guys, doing drills etc. Probably not a ton to evaulate on it, but it should be entertaining to watch.

And tomorrow on ESPN Gruden's camp with Geno is on.

Dayze 04-02-2013 03:05 PM

hmmm. didn't know that. Sweet. thanks.

AustinChief 04-02-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9550034)
hmmm. didn't know that. Sweet. thanks.

Oops I was wrong it's Thursday.

Priest31kc 04-02-2013 03:10 PM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7m
Full Gruden Camp TV schedule: http://bit.ly/QBCampTV . Next QB Camp show is WVU's Geno Smith - Thurs 4/4 at 830p et on ESPN2.

AlexSmithDynasty 04-02-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9550016)
I don't think he is actually racist. I think he is a "shock panderer" like Whitlock on occasion. This is his way of gaining notoriety. Fact is, we have no clue and neither does this guy ... so he makes some out of left field shocking statements and if they don't pan out they get mostly forgotten .. but if they do he benefits.

He may not be a blatant or overt racist but he has a history, he also ripped RG3 and Cam for similar stupid reasons. Seems like he holds black Qb's to a harsher standard. I guess he could just do it for the controversy and attention too.

Dave Lane 04-02-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9547844)
Still ****ing waiting on TEX.

Come on big boy, you think Geno's a "product of the system". Clearly you shouldn't have any problem in digging up some nice knowledge.

ROFL.

The welfare system? :shrug: Just reaching here

BlackHelicopters 04-02-2013 05:24 PM

#masturbate..........again

patteeu 04-02-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Almost everyone gives Barkley more credit for leadership than Geno Smith. It's not racist just because a black man is being criticized.

patteeu 04-02-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9550086)
He may not be a blatant or overt racist but he has a history, he also ripped RG3 and Cam for similar stupid reasons. Seems like he holds black Qb's to a harsher standard. I guess he could just do it for the controversy and attention too.

My bet is that you read that somewhere and that you aren't familiar with this guy's body of work. If you were, I think you'd find that he rips white QBs too.

Just Passin' By 04-02-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9550086)

Much of what he said about Newton was proven right, and Todd McShay agreed with some of what he said about G. Smith, so how is that racism?

He's not sugarcoating his takes. He'd be a perfect CP poster.

Chiefshrink 04-02-2013 10:15 PM

Yeah, this was the same guy last year that dissed on RGIII:rolleyes:

Tombstone RJ 04-02-2013 10:16 PM

face it, Geno is a second round pick QB at best and the only reason anyone is even considering him in the first round is because this is such a weak draft class. If Geno had come out last year he'd have been drafted in the 4th round.

Chiefshrink 04-02-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9550016)

This 1000X !!

Spicy McHaggis 04-02-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9546642)
What the **** does this even mean?

Is Geno going to disable the tractor beam in the QB room?

Only if it's not just another drill.

patteeu 04-02-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9552058)
Yeah, this was the same guy last year that dissed on RGIII:rolleyes:

Did he? Here's what he said about RGIII in his April 2012 scouting report:

Quote:

2. Robert Griffin III, Baylor (Jr.)
Ht: 6-2 3⁄8, Wt: 223, Sp: 4.41, Arm: 32 1⁄4, Hand: 9 1⁄2

Notes: Engaged. In the fall of ’08, completed 160-of-267 passes for 2,091 yards (59.9 percent) with 15 touchdowns and three interceptions and rushed 173 times for 843 yards (4.9-yard average) and 13 scores in 12 games (11 starts). In ’09, had season cut short after three starts (torn right ACL), managing 45-69-481-4-0 (65.2) passing and 27-77-2 (2.9) rushing. Returned in ’10 and passed 304-454-3,501-22-8 (67.0) with 149-635-8 (4.3) rushing in 13 starts. Won the Heisman Trophy in ’11, totaling 291-406-4,293-37-6 (72.4) passing and 179-699-10 (3.9) rushing in 13 starts.

Bottom line: A playmaking weapon capable of carving defenses with his live arm or legs, Griffin made an immediate splash and emerged as a lethal big-play, vertical passer as a junior. Still must continue to hone his passing instincts from the pocket and prove he can stay healthy outside it. However, he proved he could catapult a doormat program to new heights and has game-changing prowess in a downfield passing attack.

NFL projection: Top-five cinch.
Terrible. Just terrible. And probably racist.

Molitoth 04-02-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9552060)
face it, Geno is a second round pick QB at best and the only reason anyone is even considering him in the first round is because this is such a weak draft class. If Geno had come out last year he'd have been drafted in the 4th round.

signed,

People who haven't studied him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-02-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9546642)
What the **** does this even mean?

Is Geno going to disable the tractor beam in the QB room?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6SBdf2ieG9..._211Pyxurz.jpg

lmaolmaolmao. He's certainly elusive and slippery enough! So.....PFW is as useful as a bag o' dickhammers and twice as valid. Got it.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic 04-02-2013 10:32 PM

Thought this was funny

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>It's one thing to not like a prospect. It's another to make things up about their character or work ethic. Looking at you, Nolan Nawrocki.</p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/318815766042509313">April 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RealSNR 04-02-2013 10:35 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...ism-Is-it-fair

Tombstone RJ 04-02-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9552107)
signed,

People who haven't studied him.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, if Geno was available last year for the draft where do you think he would have been taken? I'm thinking maybe sometime around the 4th round when Kirk Cousins was taken.

Just Passin' By 04-02-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9552172)

Casserly basically backed everything Nawrocki wrote, although he couched it in safer terms and did note that at least one issue has improved over time. I'm sure we'll hear about how racist Casserly is now, too.

RealSNR 04-02-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9552237)
Casserly basically backed everything Nawrocki wrote, although he couched it in safer terms and did note that at least one issue has improved over time. I'm sure we'll hear about how racist Casserly is now, too.

At what point did Casserly say, "I think Geno Smith is Akili Smith because I'm a ****ing idiot who doesn't back up my worthless opinions?"

Those are only ever the people who got called racists in the Geno Smith thread. Because they ****ing are.

Also, if you're going to put your eggs in the Casserly basket, you're too stupid to be any assistance. Casserly was Pioli before Pioli was Pioli.

Just Passin' By 04-02-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9552261)
At what point did Casserly say, "I think Geno Smith is Akili Smith because I'm a ****ing idiot who doesn't back up my worthless opinions?"

Those are only ever the people who got called racists in the Geno Smith thread. Because they ****ing are.

Also, if you're going to put your eggs in the Casserly basket, you're too stupid to be any assistance. Casserly was ***** before ***** was *****.

I was talking about his breakdown of the specific points. And that's not just Casserly. As I pointed out earlier, McShay has also backed up some of the points. There seems to be a pretty close consensus on his on-field stuff and a significant split on his off-field and character stuff. Calling it racism is just stupidity.

As for your comment regarding being called racist: from AlexSmithDynasty, earlier in this thread:

Quote:

Gravedigger 04-02-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9552281)
I was talking about his breakdown of the specific points. And that's not just Casserly. As I pointed out earlier, McShay has also backed up some of the points. There seems to be a pretty close consensus on his on-field stuff and a significant split on his off-field and character stuff. Calling it racism is just stupidity.

As for your comment regarding being called racist: from AlexSmithDynasty, earlier in this thread:

On Sportscenter earlier McShay only knocked Geno for his emotions. Everything else he said wasn't accurate according to 10 scouts he had spoken to. When a guy talks shit on you with 15+ different points and then someone says they only heard one or two of those things were true from a few of their 10 sources, it seems that the original report wants to besmirch Geno Smith. It comes off as a vendetta, when all major news outlets from major ESPN and NFL networks to local sports talk radio use the term scathing, that shows that alot of people don't put alot of truth into the report. Racism? A little bit of a stretch. Coming off as an asshole with an axe to grind? Most definetly.

Just Passin' By 04-02-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9552296)
On Sportscenter earlier McShay only knocked Geno for his emotions. Everything else he said wasn't accurate according to 10 scouts he had spoken to.

Incorrect. He acknowledge the on-field issues in passing as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9552296)
When a guy talks shit on you with 15+ different points and then someone says they only heard one or two of those things were true from a few of their 10 sources, it seems that the original report wants to besmirch Geno Smith. It comes off as a vendetta, when all major news outlets from major ESPN and NFL networks to local sports talk radio use the term scathing, that shows that alot of people don't put alot of truth into the report. Racism? A little bit of a stretch. Coming off as an asshole with an axe to grind? Most definetly.

It comes off as people with different sources and different interpretations. Responses like yours come off as people who can't think because they let their emotions get in the way. Hell, ESPN's big hang up was that the wording was "harsh", for crying out loud.

I'm not saying the guy's right, but he got a lot right about Newton. Instead of everyone jumping down the man's throat, perhaps some further investigation would be appropriate. Casserly seems to have done it, and he's found some similar reports.

notorious 04-02-2013 11:09 PM

I think Geno falls somewhere in between the two extremes of opinion.

Molitoth 04-02-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9552188)
:rolleyes:

Seriously, if Geno was available last year for the draft where do you think he would have been taken? I'm thinking maybe sometime around the 4th round when Kirk Cousins was taken.

I think the Dolphins would've taken him at #8 instead of Tannehill.

Gravedigger 04-02-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9552305)
Incorrect. He noted the on-field issues as well.

It comes off as people with different sources and different interpretations. Responses like yours come off as people who can't think because they let their emotions get in the way. Hell, ESPN's big hang up was that the wording was "harsh", for crying out loud.

Seems like you're on a mission to stand up for the report. If I don't agree with the report as you do, I'm a person who can't think because my emotions get in the way. Some of the on-field issues have been discussed many times before: people have said many times that he has an inability to read defenses quickly. Everyone has seen the pinstripe bowl reactions and how he fell apart against college's better defenses. You're not bringing any new information to the argument. We've discussed this, and you're hanging onto a few bits of information out of a massive scathing review.

You make up your own opinion obviously, and that's fine, but all your response was is the same drivel you've spouted for multiple posts. We get it, you agree with PFW's report of Geno over the many other reports out there. I choose to see it differently, but you can keep calling people names and saying they can't think, when if that's the best insult you have for my responses, you come off as the person who can't think. Next time just call someone a stupidhead and walk away like the immature child you come off as. You're a broken record like Blackmon is a broken record about the Chiefs taking Joeckel and how Pen*whatever the heck his name is* is pro Geno no matter what. It's boring, find some new material, then give us a reason why we should care about your responses based on intelligence, not just "You can't think, your emtions get in the way.!"

Gravedigger 04-02-2013 11:20 PM

Casserly is a terrible terrible person. This is why he's not even with any NFL franchises. He made the Houston Texans extremely mediocre and theres a reason he's been out of work for awhile. NFL network and ESPN collect these guys, call them experts, put them in front of a camera and let them talk till they get their point across. Herm did it when he was fired and Scott Pioli is doing it now. I don't even know how the hell Lombardi got a job again, but since it's with the Browns I understand it.

Just Passin' By 04-02-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9552332)
Seems like you're on a mission to stand up for the report.

Not at all.

Quote:

If I don't agree with the report as you do, I'm a person who can't think because my emotions get in the way.

I neither said, nor intended, any such interpretation of my words. It has nothing to do with agreement or disagreement. You tried to build a case around the word "scathing", for crying out loud.

Quote:

Some of the on-field issues have been discussed many times before: people have said many times that he has an inability to read defenses quickly. Everyone has seen the pinstripe bowl reactions and how he fell apart against college's better defenses. You're not bringing any new information to the argument. We've discussed this, and you're hanging onto a few bits of information out of a massive scathing review.

I didn't claim to be bringing in any new information, other than pointing out what Casserly and McShay have said.

Quote:

You make up your own opinion obviously, and that's fine, but all your response was is the same drivel you've spouted for multiple posts. We get it, you agree with PFW's report of Geno over the many other reports out there. I choose to see it differently, but you can keep calling people names and saying they can't think, when if that's the best insult you have for my responses, you come off as the person who can't think. Next time just call someone a stupidhead and walk away like the immature child you come off as. You're a broken record like Blackmon is a broken record about the Chiefs taking Joeckel and how Pen*whatever the heck his name is* is pro Geno no matter what. It's boring, find some new material, then give us a reason why we should care about your responses based on intelligence, not just "You can't think, your emtions get in the way.!"

So, bottom line, you're a Geno fan and you can't accept that someone criticized him, so you're taking it out on me when I wasn't discussing Smith's talents, and you assume I agree with reports because I've noted that those reports weren't just from one person, even when I've noted that there's a significant split on some of the reports. Got it.

You're an idiot. Congratulations.

BryanBusby 04-03-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9552237)

Not really.

Casserly was more in-depth with his reasoning and formed his opinion in a way of questioning certain aspects of Geno Smith, which I believe is legitimate and perfectly fine (outside of his grades, as we really won't know unless someone decides to steal and post his transcript).

Nawrocki wrote his evaluation to completely belittle and dismiss Geno Smith as a prospect and came across as unprofessional and bigoted.

R8RFAN 04-03-2013 03:16 AM

I swear I wish everyone typed the name Geno on this website that this smiley would come up :whackit:

patteeu 04-03-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9552501)
Not really.

Casserly was more in-depth with his reasoning and formed his opinion in a way of questioning certain aspects of Geno Smith, which I believe is legitimate and perfectly fine (outside of his grades, as we really won't know unless someone decides to steal and post his transcript).

Nawrocki wrote his evaluation to completely belittle and dismiss Geno Smith as a prospect and came across as unprofessional and bigoted.

What are you talking about? It's pretty clear you didn't even read the report.

Quote:

Has a strong arm and can rifle the ball with good velocity into tight windows. Can throw with accuracy on the move and layer the deep ball. Good overall accuracy, ball placement and touch, especially on the fade route. Throws a very catchable ball — spins it tightly. Good escapability — can sidestep the rush, find an open throwing window and extend plays with his feet when needed. Outstanding straight-line speed — clocked the best 40-yard time (4.56 seconds) and broad jump (10-foot-4) of any quarterback at the Combine. Very durable, experienced, three-year starter — overcame an average offensive line, has never missed any time to injury and will play through pain.
Completely belittling and bigoted! :rolleyes:

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 08:33 AM

Just some follow up:

On NFL Live last night, McShay spoke about it some more. He acknowledged hearing things like those that Nawrocki was pointing out, and his area of complete disagreement was about the work effort. Mortensen agreed with McShay about the work effort aspect, and said that he felt Nawrocki was over the top with the way he worded things.

So, listening to the various analysts, what we may well have here is a guy (Nawrocki) who got it all/mostly/largely right, but was out of date with the work effort stuff (might have been right earlier in Smith's college career), and was harsh enough in his wording that sports shows desperate for something to talk about were able to use him to fill up the airwaves.

Chiefshrink 04-03-2013 08:39 AM

Like I said the same guy who did a hit piece last yr on RGIII:rolleyes:

Omaha 04-03-2013 08:51 AM

Negatives: Has short arms and average grip strength (student manager was fired for deflating balls). Does not snap it quickly and spiral is not tight. Heavy-footed and cannot improvise or create with his feet. Cannot easily manipulate his arm and throwing platform under duress and the ball dies when he can’t step into it. Does not drive the ball down the field with high RPMs. Not quick-eyed — many throws are pre-determined at the line, and he will hold the ball too long on some progressions. Can be streaky (see Washington).

Matt Barkley = Matt Cassel

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9552756)

Please feel free to quote this hit piece.

patteeu 04-03-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9552756)

Link? Did you read my response the first time you posted this?

ForeverChiefs58 04-03-2013 09:09 AM

http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?v...71&src=desktop

Coogs 04-03-2013 11:01 AM

Mike Mayock on Nolan Nawrocki:

"I know Nolan Nawrocki very, very well," Mayock said on ESPN's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" on Wednesday. "The guy has an unbelievable group of sources throughout the NFL. He works it tirelessly. I've been on the phone with the guy at midnight, 2 a.m., talking draft. The guy is crazy as far as his passion and love for the game."

"When he puts that out there, there's no agenda. He's not trying to bash Cam Newton or Geno Smith. This is the feedback he's getting from scouts and what he believes based on his tape study. Does that mean it's right or wrong? No. We have to minimize that a little bit because scouts can say a lot of things to get their opinions out there for their own vested reasons."

"I would bang the table for Nolan Nawrocki," Mayock said. "I couldn't take Geno Smith in the top 10, probably the top 20. I can't stand this whole quarterback class."

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-03-2013 11:04 AM

Oh go bang your old lady; she probably needs it.
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 04-03-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9553183)

"I know Nolan Nawrocki very, very well," Mayock said on ESPN's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" on Wednesday. "The guy has an unbelievable group of sources throughout the NFL. He works it tirelessly. I've been on the phone with the guy at midnight, 2 a.m., talking draft. The guy is crazy as far as his passion and love for the game."

"When he puts that out there, there's no agenda. He's not trying to bash Cam Newton or Geno Smith. This is the feedback he's getting from scouts and what he believes based on his tape study. Does that mean it's right or wrong? No. We have to minimize that a little bit because scouts can say a lot of things to get their opinions out there for their own vested reasons."

"I would bang the table for Nolan Nawrocki," Mayock said. "I couldn't take Geno Smith in the top 10, probably the top 20. I can't stand this whole quarterback class."

Ouch.

Buckweath 04-03-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

After his pro day, didn't Mayock say Geno is ''absolutely a top ten talent''??

RealSNR 04-03-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9552743)
Just some follow up:

On NFL Live last night, McShay spoke about it some more. He acknowledged hearing things like those that Nawrocki was pointing out, and his area of complete disagreement was about the work effort. Mortensen agreed with McShay about the work effort aspect, and said that he felt Nawrocki was over the top with the way he worded things.

So, listening to the various analysts, what we may well have here is a guy (Nawrocki) who got it all/mostly/largely right, but was out of date with the work effort stuff (might have been right earlier in Smith's college career), and was harsh enough in his wording that sports shows desperate for something to talk about were able to use him to fill up the airwaves.

You don't know that, and even if Todd McShay were the be all end all of all draft news/reports/analysis, to say he believes Nawrocki is even "largely right" is a huge stretch.

Right now you're just reacting to a forum that has an overall favorable impression of Geno Smith, so guys who are obtuse and way out in left field on this (Nawrocki) are the ones you're going to hang your hat on. THEY'RE the right ones, and everybody else is just making shit up to feel better about not getting a QB in the draft this year.

That's disingenuous garbage on your part.

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9553302)
You don't know that, and even if Todd McShay were the be all end all of all draft news/reports/analysis, to say he believes Nawrocki is even "largely right" is a huge stretch.

Right now you're just reacting to a forum that has an overall favorable impression of Geno Smith, so guys who are obtuse and way out in left field on this (Nawrocki) are the ones you're going to hang your hat on. THEY'RE the right ones, and everybody else is just making shit up to feel better about not getting a QB in the draft this year.

That's disingenuous garbage on your part.

There's nothing disingenuous about it. What was disingenuous was you highlighting what you did while ignoring what preceeded it:

Quote:

what we may well have here

Mav 04-03-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Holy Hell.........I mean, just effing wow.......Scorched.

Messier 04-03-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9553221)
After his pro day, didn't Mayock say Geno is ''absolutely a top ten talent''??

I think he said he could go in the top ten.

RealSNR 04-03-2013 12:19 PM

Stephen A. Smith nailed it. I didn't like his blubbering later on talking about "Affecting the lives and careers of young kids blah blah." Geno Smith will be fine, and Cam Newton certainly has turned out fine. Nolan Nawrocki hasn't destroyed any careers or dreams as far as I know.

The guy simply can't write that shit about the top QB in a draft class without investigating shit himself. He didn't even ****ing meet Cam Newton, and I have no idea if he met Geno Smith. If he didn't meet Geno Smith, the dude's a fraud and should be called out for the way he does these reports.

And knowing what we know about Cam Newton, it wouldn't surprise me to see Geno Smith have a successful NFL career. This Nawrocki clown can keep up with these psycho-analytical reports all he wants, but when he keeps getting them wrong and barely even touches the football side on the "Negatives" column, then he's a ****ing hack. I don't care how well respected he is or how many connections he has. He's not a real journalist.

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:9125042&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

RealSNR 04-03-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9553323)
There's nothing disingenuous about it. What was disingenuous was you highlighting what you did while ignoring what preceeded it:

Fine. I missed those two words.

BryanBusby 04-03-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9552647)
What are you talking about? It's pretty clear you didn't even read the report.

Completely belittling and bigoted! :rolleyes:

You're a ****ing idiot Pat.

patteeu 04-03-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9553452)
Stephen A. Smith nailed it. I didn't like his blubbering later on talking about "Affecting the lives and careers of young kids blah blah." Geno Smith will be fine, and Cam Newton certainly has turned out fine. Nolan Nawrocki hasn't destroyed any careers or dreams as far as I know.

The guy simply can't write that shit about the top QB in a draft class without investigating shit himself. He didn't even ****ing meet Cam Newton, and I have no idea if he met Geno Smith. If he didn't meet Geno Smith, the dude's a fraud and should be called out for the way he does these reports.

And knowing what we know about Cam Newton, it wouldn't surprise me to see Geno Smith have a successful NFL career. This Nawrocki clown can keep up with these psycho-analytical reports all he wants, but when he keeps getting them wrong and barely even touches the football side on the "Negatives" column, then he's a ****ing hack. I don't care how well respected he is or how many connections he has. He's not a real journalist.

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:9125042&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

I don't know how much of this is from Stephen A. Smith and how much of it is yours, but either way, did you read the quote I posted from Nawrocki about RGIII? It looks like he nailed that one. None of these guys are going to get everything right, but it's ridiculous to say he got something wrong and therefore he's not a journalist. And so far, I haven't seen any strong evidence that he's gotten much wrong, even though I know he inevitably must miss on some of it.

patteeu 04-03-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9553495)
You're a ****ing idiot Pat.

I'm not the idiot that fell for this crap about bigotry like you did though, so I've got that going for me.

BryanBusby 04-03-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9553505)
I'm not the idiot that fell for this crap about bigotry like you did though, so I've got that going for me.

No you're just a ****ing idiot. Pointing out that Nolan thinks he's a good athlete that's lazy and a poor leader doesn't mean he's being fair, even though it's clear he's obviously wrong and has done this multiple times.

Go back to DC.

patteeu 04-03-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9553530)
No you're just a ****ing idiot. Pointing out that Nolan thinks he's a good athlete that's lazy and a poor leader doesn't mean he's being fair, even though it's clear he's obviously wrong and has done this multiple times.

Go back to DC.

It's clear that you don't know what you're talking about. I don't know whether he's being fair or not, but you certainly have no legitimate reason to believe he's being unfair. You're basing your entire case on your own prejudices.

What I have proven though, is that you were wrong when you said that he "completely belittle[d] and dismiss[ed] Geno Smith as a prospect." So at the very least, we know you're not being fair.

BryanBusby 04-03-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9553628)
It's clear that you don't know what you're talking about. I don't know whether he's being fair or not, but you certainly have no legitimate reason to believe he's being unfair. You're basing your entire case on your own prejudices.

What I have proven though, is that you were wrong when you said that he "completely belittle[d] and dismiss[ed] Geno Smith as a prospect." So at the very least, we know you're not being fair.

It's clear you're just talking out of your ****ing ass. I'm not the one that's writing a scouting report that's taking personal shots at a 22 year old kid with information that's unbelievably wrong. I'm also not the one that has a known history of doing this with other young QB's, who also happened to be black.

I do have a legitimate reason to believe he's being unfair when he's passing along information like it's gospel when he has no ****ing clue. Unless he was sitting in team meeting rooms in the combine, how does he know how Geno did in interviews and on the board? He doesn't. Where did he even get the idea that Geno isn't a hard worker, when everyone else knows it's ****ing bullshit and has called him out on it.

patteeu 04-03-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9553645)
It's clear you're just talking out of your ****ing ass. I'm not the one that's writing a scouting report that's taking personal shots at a 22 year old kid with information that's unbelievably wrong. I'm also not the one that has a known history of doing this with other young QB's, who also happened to be black.

I don't believe you know anything about his history. You're just repeating things you heard someone else say.

And no, you're not writing a scouting report. But everything I said about you was still true.

RealSNR 04-03-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9553503)
I don't know how much of this is from Stephen A. Smith and how much of it is yours, but either way, did you read the quote I posted from Nawrocki about RGIII? It looks like he nailed that one. None of these guys are going to get everything right, but it's ridiculous to say he got something wrong and therefore he's not a journalist. And so far, I haven't seen any strong evidence that he's gotten much wrong, even though I know he inevitably must miss on some of it.

You can find out what Stephen A. Smith said. That's why I embedded the video for your convenience.

Also, you COMPLETELY whiffed on my point.

BryanBusby 04-03-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9553655)
I don't believe you know anything about his history. You're just repeating things you heard someone else say.

And no, you're not writing a scouting report. But everything I said about you was still true.

I've seen enough and heard enough to have no reason to not believe he's a hard worker.

Everything you've said about me is false.

patteeu 04-03-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9553657)
You can find out what Stephen A. Smith said. That's why I embedded the video for your convenience.

Also, you COMPLETELY whiffed on my point.

Feel free to clarify your point and help me out.

patteeu 04-03-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9553666)
I've seen enough and heard enough to have no reason to not believe he's a hard worker.

I'm sure that if I untangle that sentence, it makes sense and represents a valid opinion about Geno Smith. Maybe you're right and maybe you're wrong about him. That doesn't make your allegations about Nawrocki any more reasonable though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9553666)
Everything you've said about me is false.

I don't believe you.

BryanBusby 04-03-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9553688)
I'm sure that if I untangle that sentence, it makes sense and represents a valid opinion about Geno Smith. Maybe you're right and maybe you're wrong about him. That doesn't make your allegations about Nawrocki any more reasonable though.

I think it's perfectly reasonable when he has a history of doing this. You can question and try to play the What If card as much as you'd like, but you're clearly throwing out accusations when it's clear you're lacking understanding in what you're discussing. If he came with actual legitimate criticisms of Geno Smith (and there's plenty) and didn't take the tone of making his scouting report as slam article, nobody would be throwing out accusations against him.

In short, feel free to go back to the cesspool in D.C where you have a better shot at tricking others into thinking you have a clue. Really don't care if you believe me or not.

patteeu 04-03-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9553766)
I think it's perfectly reasonable when he has a history of doing this. You can question and try to play the What If card as much as you'd like, but you're clearly throwing out accusations when it's clear you're lacking understanding in what you're discussing. If he came with actual legitimate criticisms of Geno Smith (and there's plenty) and didn't take the tone of making his scouting report as slam article, nobody would be throwing out accusations against him.

In short, feel free to go back to the cesspool in D.C where you have a better shot at tricking others into thinking you have a clue. Really don't care if you believe me or not.

Link me to this history of his that you've personally read. I'm confident that I've seen more of his history than you have. And while you're at it, make sure you check out the context in which that history occurs. I'll wait.

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9553766)

You're talking out of your ass on this. Some of what the man said about Newton was shown to be true, and there have been several other reporter/draft geeks who've now stated that they have heard reports about a lot of what he's said regarding Smith.

AlexSmithDynasty 04-03-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9552026)
Almost everyone gives Barkley more credit for leadership than Geno Smith. It's not racist just because a black man is being criticized.

I'm the farthest thing from a Geno supporter, I just thought it was ridiculous the guy is saying outlandish things like Geno isn't respected by teammates. Seems like he's being overly critical about things he doesn't know about.

patteeu 04-03-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9554142)
I'm the farthest thing from a Geno supporter, I just thought it was ridiculous the guy is saying outlandish things like Geno isn't respected by teammates. Seems like he's being overly critical about things he doesn't know about.

But yet you're doing exactly the same thing by calling what he said outlandish without really knowing. All that either of you can do is base your opinion on what you've heard from other people. Do you honestly think he's just making this stuff up of do you think it's more likely that he has sources telling him these things?

Mecca 04-03-2013 03:19 PM

Yes, let's take what Mayock said like it means something.

I wonder if he's still busy trying to build a team around Aaron Curry and Robert Ayers you know they are future HOFers according to him.

RealSNR 04-03-2013 03:21 PM

Mayock's consistently been one of those guys who thinks offensive line is the way to go unless you get an Andrew Luck at QB. Why is his word gospel again?

Mecca 04-03-2013 03:23 PM

Mike Mayock basically comes off like a babbling boob unless he's pointing out DB technique and he played ****ing safety so I'd hope he understands that much.

The only thing he remotely has is good sources so he knows who teams are likely to pick but that doesn't make his personal opinions worth a shit.

AlexSmithDynasty 04-03-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9554218)
But yet you're doing exactly the same thing by calling what he said outlandish without really knowing. All that either of you can do is base your opinion on what you've heard from other people. Do you honestly think he's just making this stuff up of do you think it's more likely that he has sources telling him these things?

Well he was ripping Geno's work ethic, but everything else I heard said Geno's not a great prospect but he is a hard worker. So that part of this guy's evaluation goes against everything else I had heard on him. McShay isn't that high on Geno but he went out of his way on nfl live to talk about how good Geno's work ethic is. The line about not commanding respect from teammates just seems like a low blow. I doubt Geno's teammates or coaches are going behind his back and ripping him like that. And again I'm not a Geno lover in the slightest, I think it's absurd how much people worship him on this site.

RealSNR 04-03-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9554311)
Well he was ripping Geno's work ethic, but everything else I heard said Geno's not a great prospect but he is a hard worker. So that part of this guy's evaluation goes against everything else I had heard on him. McShay isn't that high on Geno but he went out of his way on nfl live to talk about how good Geno's work ethic is. The line about not commanding respect from teammates just seems like a low blow. I doubt Geno's teammates or coaches are going behind his back and ripping him like that. And again I'm not a Geno lover in the slightest, I think it's absurd how much people worship him on this site.

Says the guy named "Alex Smith Dynasty"

Talk to me again about unwarranted worship, please.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-03-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9554324)
Says the guy named "Alex Smith Dynasty"

Talk to me again about unwarranted worship, please.

Now, now SNR; we could be looking at yet another Chiefs QB "Dynasty of Suck" lasting three to four years, so his username has validity, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 04-03-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9554311)

I think it's definitely fair to be skeptical of his take about work ethic and teammate respect based on other reports to the contrary, but I don't think it's fair to jump to any conclusions about his motives or that he's making things up. I think it's far more likely that he has sources telling him these things and that there are, in fact, mixed opinions about Geno's leadership qualities and work ethic.

And you're right. It is absurd how much people worship him here.

patteeu 04-03-2013 04:42 PM

More racist analysis and reporting about a black QB (that happens to corroborate what Nolan Nawrocki said about him before he was drafted): Cam Newton's Leadership Skills Questioned by Steve Smith After Loss to Giants

Still waiting, BryanBusby.

ThatRaceCardGuy 04-03-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9554412)
I think it's definitely fair to be skeptical of his take about work ethic and teammate respect based on other reports to the contrary, but I don't think it's fair to jump to any conclusions about his motives or that he's making things up. I think it's far more likely that he has sources telling him these things and that there are, in fact, mixed opinions about Geno's leadership qualities and work ethic.

And you're right. It is absurd how much people worship him here.

How can you be okay with people being skeptical about his take and at the same time not be okay with people "jumping to conclusions" about his motives ? It would seem obvious if the guy is making things up the next reason would be to ask why ? What are his motives? You cant be skeptical and not wonder about his motives.

patteeu 04-03-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy (Post 9554462)
How can you be okay with people being skeptical about his take and at the same time not be okay with people "jumping to conclusions" about his motives ? It would seem obvious if the guy is making things up the next reason would be to ask why ? What are his motives? You cant be skeptical and not wonder about his motives.

Because I don't think you can jump to the conclusion that he's making things up. I think it's fair to believe that someone else is getting better information from their sources than he is from his (although I don't necessarily think that's the right conclusion to draw), but I think you have to assume he's basing his takes on real information not on imagination. The guy isn't an internet nobody, he's a guy with a pretty long and solid track record.

I think his motives are to get it right so that when all is said and done and Geno Smith's career is over, people can look back at his scouting report and say Nawrocki really nailed that one.

ThatRaceCardGuy 04-03-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9554472)
Because I don't think you can jump to the conclusion that he's making things up. I think it's fair to believe that someone else is getting better information from their sources than he is from his (although I don't necessarily think that's the right conclusion to draw), but I think you have to assume he's basing his takes on real information not on imagination. The guy isn't an internet nobody, he's a guy with a pretty long and solid track record.

I think his motives are to get it right so that when all is said and done and Geno Smith's career is over, people can look back at his scouting report and say Nawrocki really nailed that one.

I get what you're saying. I dont know enough about the guy personally to assume his take was based on racial bias. The reason why people are asking that question is because NO ONE ELSE said these things about Geno. Nothing leaked out of WV, no coaches brought this up, no one who scouted him said that either. The guy offered no reference of were this information came from-it appears as if he made it up...and if he did the natural assumption is to ask why.