ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NFT: Jason Collins is teh ghey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272619)

Garcia Bronco 04-30-2013 07:41 AM

One thing I found interesting in this story is that Collins has a twin brother who is not gay.

Prison Bitch 04-30-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645559)
With the small exception of large swathes of morons that, for the sake of this discussion, I shall call "Christians". Other than that oppressed minority, you're right. There are non-christians that have a problem with homosexuality also, I suppose I shouldn't leave them out.

You'd think people that believe a sky fairy answers their prayers (and often times the prayers of people they know from internet, if what goes on here is any indication) would be more open minded. Alas, it is not so.

It does make you sorta laugh that the very people who demand "stay outta my bedroom!" are the first ones to blabber endlessly about what they do in their bedroom.

HMc 04-30-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9645562)
One thing I found interesting in this story is that Collins has a twin brother who is not gay.

That's almost as crazy as having a twin that was the opposite sex

TEX 04-30-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645552)
LOL, they have no interest in "peace". They want to force their agenda on people who frankly don't like it. Nobody cares if Collins is gay or not. But dammit, you WILL hear about it and you WILL accept it! If not? Then you're an awful evil person who should be executed or jailed. Even the NFL just issued a tolerance demand on their teams yesterday.

Soon they will be added in the protected class, i.e. affirmative action and quotas. You heard it here first. Remember me when Congress starts up the debate in about 10 years.

You nailed it!

MahiMike 04-30-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9644109)
What was wrong with his tweet? I don't see anything remotely offensive about that.

Me either. I love how when anyone goes against the PC crowd, he gets the 1st stone thrown his way. Like his opinion doesn't even count.

HMc 04-30-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645564)
It does make you sorta laugh that the very people who demand "stay outta my bedroom!" are the first ones to blabber endlessly about what they do in their bedroom.

Less so than the concept of a "prayer request thread", if I am to be entirely honest.

Carlota69 04-30-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645564)

He isn't talking about what he does in his bedroom, he is talking about who he is as a man. It's everyone else talking about what he does in his bedroom.

HMc 04-30-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9645569)
Me either. I love how when anyone goes against the PC crowd, he gets the 1st stone thrown his way. Like his opinion doesn't even count.

He's copping it because he's a category 10 moron and decided to publicise that fact without any real need to do so.

Prison Bitch 04-30-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9645569)

Eventually you're going to be unable to legally oppose gays. It will happen eventually. It'll be treated as a "hate crime" and even your religious views will be trumped by Federal laws. Chris Broussard at ESPN is in danger of losing his job now.

Prison Bitch 04-30-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9645571)
He isn't talking about what he does in his bedroom, he is talking about who he is as a man. It's everyone else talking about what he does in his bedroom.

:hump:

HMc 04-30-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645573)
Eventually you're going to be unable to legally oppose gays. It will happen eventually. It'll be treated as a "hate crime" and even your religious views will be trumped by Federal laws. Chris Broussard at ESPN is in danger of losing his job now.

:facepalm:

Carlota69 04-30-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645572)
He's copping it because he's a category 10 moron and decided to publicise that fact without any real need to do so.

In order for this conversation to be over, and for this to be a non issue, someone had to do what's he's doing. Someone has to break the ice so to speak. For whatever reason, he decided to be that guy. Its not becasue hes a moron. It had to be done regardless of what you think.

Now hopefully in time, these kinds of discussions will be irrelevant.

TEX 04-30-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Really? And just what do you think defines one as being gay? :rolleyes:

loochy 04-30-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

well in this case, it seems that who he is as a man stems from what he does in his bedroom

HMc 04-30-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9645580)
In order for this conversation to be over, and for this to be a non issue, someone had to do what's he's doing. Someone has to break the ice so to speak. For whatever reason, he decided to be that guy. Its not becasue hes a moron. It had to be done regardless of what you think.

I was referring to Wallace.

loochy 04-30-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

No, I think he was talking about the other guy that tweeted "hey how could you be gay when chicks are so hot?"

patteeu 04-30-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645552)
LOL, they have no interest in "peace". They want to force their agenda on people who frankly don't like it. Nobody cares if Collins is gay or not. But dammit, you WILL hear about it and you WILL accept it! If not? Then you're an awful evil person who should be executed or jailed. Even the NFL just issued a tolerance demand on their teams yesterday.

Soon they will be added in the protected class, i.e. affirmative action and quotas. You heard it here first. Remember me when Congress starts up the debate in about 10 years.

There's nothing "first" about this post.

TEX 04-30-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

No he didn't and no it didn't have to be this way and why does someone have to break the ice? It did not have to be done regardless of what you think.

Don't use the way that it went down to validate your opinion.

Al Bundy 04-30-2013 08:00 AM

Good for him, now it's time to move along. When is Tebow coming out?

Saul Good 04-30-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645559)
With the small exception of large swathes of morons that, for the sake of this discussion, I shall call "Christians". Other than that oppressed minority, you're right. There are non-christians that have a problem with homosexuality also, I suppose I shouldn't leave them out.

You'd think people that believe a sky fairy answers their prayers (and often times the prayers of people they know from internet, if what goes on here is any indication) would be more open minded. Alas, it is not so.

Help celebrate an historic day for gay rights by taking a big, runny dump all over 80% of the population! Grab your brushes...the broader the better!

I'm a 34 year old white male. I am straight. I am married. I have two young children. I am upper middle class. I am a man of faith. I live in Kansas. I support equality of rights. There are others like me.

Guess what? Without people like me, gay rights never would come as far as it has, and it will never get where it needs to go. At this point, gay rights zealots are the biggest enemies of gay rights. Instead of celebrating all of the many factors at play which have made yesterday's events possible, they have chosen to further marginalize themselves.

There's a reason that, while I support the cause at the ballot box, I'm not going out of my way to gin up support. I'm simply not going to stand shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of hateful pricks.

loochy 04-30-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9645596)
Good for him, now it's time to move along. When is Tebow coming out?

Sigh. Another attention whore is just what we need.

loochy 04-30-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645597)
Help celebrate an historic day for gay rights by taking a big, runny dump all over 80% of the population! Grab your brushes...the broader the better!

I'm a 34 year old white male. I am straight. I am married. I have two young children. I am upper middle class. I am a man of faith. I live in Kansas. I support equality of rights. There are others like me.

Guess what? Without people like me, gay rights never would come as far as it has, and it will never get where it needs to go. At this point, gay rights zealots are the biggest enemies of gay rights. Instead of celebrating all of the many factors at play which have made yesterday's events possible, they have chosen to further marginalize themselves.

There's a reason that, while I support the cause at the ballot box, I'm not going out of my way to gin up support. I'm simply not going to stand shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of hateful pricks.

:thumb: Good for you for being a reasonable person.

Al Bundy 04-30-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9645600)
Sigh. Another attention whore is just what we need.

Who? Tebow?

Saul Good 04-30-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9645585)
Really? And just what do you think defines one as being gay? :rolleyes:

Are you only straight while you're having sex with a woman? Are you only a Christian while in church?

loochy 04-30-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9645602)
Who? Tebow?

yes tebow

loochy 04-30-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645603)
Are you only straight while you're having sex with a woman?

Well that's when the definition of straight/not straight occurs (well that or when one is having naughty thoughts)

patteeu 04-30-2013 08:06 AM

Do the people who claim their only criticism of Jason Collins is that he's "making a big deal" out of his sexuality by coming out in such a public way have a problem with the guys (and occasional gal) in Buck's New Dating Megathread "making a big deal" about their dating escapades? Would you have a problem if a gay planeteer started chronicling his dates in a CP thread?

HMc 04-30-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Yes the Christian American theocracy is totally on board with rights equality. It's actually the gays' fault they aren't making faster progress. I need to start paying more attention, clearly.

loochy 04-30-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9645607)
Would you have a problem if a gay planeteer started chronicling his dates in a CP thread?

No, because that is a relevant topic to that thread.

However, if the planeteer started his or her own thread and it just said "HAY EVERYONE IM GAI SO EVERYONE POSIREP ME" I'd be a bit annoyed, as I am here.

HMc 04-30-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9645606)
Well that's when the definition of straight/not straight occurs (well that or when one is having naughty thoughts)

I do hope this is trolling.

loochy 04-30-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645612)
Yes the Christian American theocracy is totally on board with rights equality. It's actually the gays' fault they aren't making faster progress. I need to start paying more attention, clearly.

What RIGHTS are gay people lacking in the USA besides the marriage thing (which is in debate, but will probably fall soon)?

While uncomfortable and unfortunate, being mocked or ridiculed does not impede upon one's rights.

loochy 04-30-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645615)
I do hope this is trolling.

? How is that trolling?

The definition of sexual orientation is should be a non factor unless sexually orienting or otherwise conducting related activities.

Edit: I guess it IS a factor, but it annoys me that it is.

Donger 04-30-2013 08:19 AM

Homosexuals will never be "equal" with heterosexuals.

Al Bundy 04-30-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9645621)

Isn't there an oil well you can go masturbate in?

loochy 04-30-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9645625)

I think he's stating that matter of factly as an observation of inherent human nature. Differences will always be pointed out, despite acceptance or rejection of those differences.

Donger 04-30-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9645625)

Probably, but what I stated is accurate, if unpleasant for some.

patteeu 04-30-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9645614)
No, because that is a relevant topic to that thread.

However, if the planeteer started his or her own thread and it just said "HAY EVERYONE IM GAI SO EVERYONE POSIREP ME" I'd be a bit annoyed, as I am here.

It's only relevant because Buck started the thread in the first place. Collins is starting a new public thread.

Collins public statement is noteworthy because it's such a rarity. When it becomes more commonplace, no one will be coming out in the pages of SI. I just don't see much reason to be annoyed by Collins' action. I agree with Saul Good that there is plenty to disagree with when it comes to other aspects of gay rights activism though.

loochy 04-30-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9645630)
It's only relevant because Buck started the thread in the first place. Collins is starting a new public thread.

Collins public statement is noteworthy because it's such a rarity. When it becomes more commonplace, no one will be coming out in the pages of SI. I just don't see much reason to be annoyed by Collins' action. I agree with Saul Good that there is plenty to disagree with when it comes to other aspects of gay rights activism though.

OK so Collins is the OP. :thumb:

Will his thread turn out to be one of the megathreads that has to be archived, closed, and continued in a new thread?

Al Bundy 04-30-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9645628)
Probably, but what I stated is accurate, if unpleasant for some.

Doesn't really matter to me. I'm straight... not sure how you come up with the "They will never be equal to us" thing though.

ChiefsLV 04-30-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645514)
Yeah, it's been just awful. Everyone is just gay bashing in this thread.

The most interesting thing to me about this whole story to me is that so many of the gay rights supporters seem pissed that there is so little outrage. I haven't seen anyone freak out over a gay athlete, but I've seen plenty of people bashing religious people for being hateful.

I support the cause, but the martyr complex is out of control. I would think that the narrative to come from this would be that a gay player came out and was almost universally accepted.

The most negative reactions so far seem to be people saying "who cares" or Mike Wallace saying that he doesn't get why a guy would want to get with another guy. I don't see anyone grabbing a rope. This is a perfect chance for gay rights activists to extend an olive branch, but it's just another occasion to throw stones, it seems. Keep wondering why the cause is progressing so slowly, though. It must be everyone else's fault, especially those piece of shit bigoted, hateful Christian mother****ers.

Funny, here I thought gay rights issues and acceptance were progressing faster than ever before. I need to check up on the monthly CP homosexuality threads more often and really get educated on the subject.

Donger 04-30-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9645633)
Doesn't really matter to me. I'm straight... not sure how you come up with the "They will never be equal to us" thing though.

I didn't come up with it.

patteeu 04-30-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9645632)
OK so Collins is the OP. :thumb:

Will his thread turn out to be one of the megathreads that has to be archived, closed, and continued in a new thread?

I hope not. :)

patteeu 04-30-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9645633)

TMI

nychief 04-30-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9645618)
What RIGHTS are gay people lacking in the USA besides the marriage thing (which is in debate, but will probably fall soon)?

While uncomfortable and unfortunate, being mocked or ridiculed does not impede upon one's rights.

Oh, I get it... you're slow. Totally. I was under the impression you were a dumb redneck, but it just hit me you are a full on reerun.

loochy 04-30-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9645645)
Oh, I get it... you're slow. Totally. I was under the impression you were a dumb redneck, but it just hit me you are a full on reerun.

Saul Good 04-30-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645612)

You sound like a PETA member screaming slurs at people walking into KFC. Most people who eat meat still object to animal cruelty, and the vast majority of Americans eat meat. Most people of faith still object to gays being discriminated against, and the vast majority of Americans identify with one religion or another.

It may feel good to throw red paint on someone wearing a fur coat, but nobody has ever watched that happen and decided to change their ways and support the activist. Nobody witnesses your histrionics and decides "that guy just trivialized my belief in God while calling me a piece of shit...I should deeply consider his point of view."

I guess, if you aren't catching any flies, add more vinegar.

Al Bundy 04-30-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9645636)
I didn't come up with it.

Well.. it did come out of your mouth.

loochy 04-30-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9645652)

I don't think you are seeing his point.

Donger, please explain your statement.

Saul Good 04-30-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9645621)

This seems to be an argument of semantics along the lines of "two dimes and a nickel will never equal a quarter". What purpose does it serve? I suppose you could argue that things can be equal without being identical, but that is just more semantics.

Donger 04-30-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9645652)

Technically, no, since I typed it.

Nature/God/whatever you want to call it dictates that homosexuals will never be equal to heterosexuals with regard to the only reason we have male and female.

Donger 04-30-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645659)
This seems to be an argument of semantics along the lines of "two dimes and a nickel will never equal a quarter". What purpose does it serve? I suppose you could argue that things can be equal without being identical, but that is just more semantics.

I'm not arguing for equality.

loochy 04-30-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645659)

Isn't that what Donger does?

Prison Bitch 04-30-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

I am a man of faith. I live in Kansas. I support equality of rights. There are others like me..

It is odd that you'd pick and choose what part of "faith" you'd want to accept. If one part of the bible is false, aren't they all?

Saul Good 04-30-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9645664)
I'm not arguing for equality.

I don't know that anyone is arguing for "equality" in the sense that they want gays and straights to be identical.

Garcia Bronco 04-30-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645565)
That's almost as crazy as having a twin that was the opposite sex

From a testing perspective, a researcher cannot really eliminate genetics in testings and as close as you can get is identical twins.

Saul Good 04-30-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645670)
It is odd that you'd pick and choose what part of "faith" you'd want to accept. If one part of the bible is false, aren't they all?

I don't think that having a belief that God exists requires a literal interpretation of the Old Testament, no.

Donger 04-30-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645671)
I don't know that anyone is arguing for "equality" in the sense that they want gays and straights to be identical.

Well, that's good.

Prison Bitch 04-30-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645676)
I don't think that having a belief that God exists requires a literal interpretation of the Old Testament, no.

Or the New?

patteeu 04-30-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645670)

What does the bible tell you to do about gays? What does it tell you to do about other groups that don't believe the same things you do, like Jews and Buddhists? Doesn't it allow you to let them live their lives without condoning their beliefs/practices and leave it for God to judge them?

I'm asking because I don't know.

jAZ 04-30-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9643607)
Not a very brave person. Waits until his 34 and a free agent currently out of the league, probably not ever to play again. Not sure why this is news, he's not really an "NBA player". He's a formber player. And that's the point of this coming-out stuff. Has to be someone with something to lose, else it's not bravery.

So easy he's the first. :rolleyes:

I get your point that it would have been *harder* if he did it on draft night 5 minutes before he was expected to be picked. But let's not be silly.

It was hard to do. And now that this has happened, soon enough no one will care enough about these things for the media to pay it any attention. If nothing else, this is a step in that direction that I imagine people will be happy about if not applaud.

Prison Bitch 04-30-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9645682)
What does the bible tell you to do about gays? What does it tell you to do about other groups that don't believe the same things you do, like Jews and Buddhists? Doesn't it allow you to let them live their lives without condoning their beliefs/practices and leave it for God to judge them?

I'm asking because I don't know.

I'm not sure it really matters what the Bible says, folks like Saul don't read it anyway.

Hootie 04-30-2013 08:55 AM

you guys are ****ing idiots

Saul Good 04-30-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645678)
Or the New?

I don't know that it requires either. As it pertains to Christianity, I see a lot more ink devoted to treating everyone with dignity and love than I do to ostracizing those who fall short of the standard Jesus set.

HMc 04-30-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645651)
You sound like a PETA member screaming slurs at people walking into KFC. Most people who eat meat still object to animal cruelty, and the vast majority of Americans eat meat. Most people of faith still object to gays being discriminated against, and the vast majority of Americans identify with one religion or another.

It may feel good to throw red paint on someone wearing a fur coat, but nobody has ever watched that happen and decided to change their ways and support the activist. Nobody witnesses your histrionics and decides "that guy just trivialized my belief in God while calling me a piece of shit...I should deeply consider his point of view."

I guess, if you aren't catching any flies, add more vinegar.

You act as if there isn't an awful lot of anti-gay noise coming from the christian right in absolutely every forum in which it could possibly originate. Holy shit there are members of congress who can't get with it and actively campaign for discrimination against gays. They inevitably rush to the bible as the authority for their claims.

Don't act like it's one or two bad seeds that make the christian brotherhood look bad when it comes to not accepting lifestyles that the bible (it seems) condemns.

And no, mocking christians is not the same as mocking gay people. Christians choose to believe that stuff.

Saul Good 04-30-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645685)
I'm not sure it really matters what the Bible says, folks like Saul don't read it anyway.

I think you're under the false assumption that belief in God means taking a literal interpretation of the Bible.

Saul Good 04-30-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645688)
You act as if there isn't an awful lot of anti-gay noise coming from the christian right in absolutely every forum in which it could possibly originate. Holy shit there are members of congress who can't get with it and actively campaign for discrimination against gays. They inevitably rush to the bible as the authority for their claims.

Don't act like it's one or two bad seeds that make the christian brotherhood look bad when it comes to not accepting lifestyles that the bible (it seems) condemns.

And no, mocking christians is not the same as mocking gay people. Christians choose to believe that stuff.

I see a lot more posts attacking Christians today than I see attacking gays.

HMc 04-30-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645691)
I see a lot more posts attacking Christians today than I see attacking gays.

That poor minority, the christians that choose their faith. However shall they cope?

Prison Bitch 04-30-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9645690)
I think you're under the false assumption that belief in God means taking a literal interpretation of the Bible.

Yeah. 10 Commandments aren't really literal, do as you please. And Paul's NT writings were just his own personal thoughts, nothing really meant by any of them.

It would be really odd to justify the belief that a supreme being implanted his "son" into a woman in 4 BC and he was crucified and rose from teh dead. I mean, you believe that literally but not some benign everyday teachings. That blows me away.

patteeu 04-30-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645685)

I don't care what Saul does. I'm asking because I'd like to know. Your posts make it seem like you know, so how about filling me in?

And just for the sake of being upfront with you, I'll tell you that I'm skeptical that the bible tells you to single out homosexuals for special sanctions that go beyond the treatment you'd apply to Jews or atheists or Buddhists or anyone else that fails to accept Christ in the way you believe he should be accepted.

TEX 04-30-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Mocking is mocking no matter the group. You seemd to have lost that in your tidy explination. When one who thinks as you do mocks a group as you did - it's justified. So Typical. :rolleyes:

patteeu 04-30-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Does that make anti-Christian hate acceptable to you?

Saul Good 04-30-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645696)
Yeah. 10 Commandments aren't really literal, do as you please. And Paul's NT writings were just his own personal thoughts, nothing really meant by any of them.

It would be really odd to justify the belief that a supreme being implanted his "son" into a woman in 4 BC and he was crucified and rose from teh dead. I mean, you believe that literally but not some benign everyday teachings. That blows me away.

So you don't understand that there are people who believe that God exists but aren't fundamentalist Christians? You aren't aware that this is a thing?

HMc 04-30-2013 09:06 AM

[Not in relation to Saul] What's odd to me is that you can believe that a dude rose from the dead (and the rest of that narrative)....but not that people could be born with a primary attraction to the same sex. Because that's just implausible.

Dave Lane 04-30-2013 09:08 AM

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post...rent-worlds-he

HMc 04-30-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9645702)
Does that make anti-Christian hate acceptable to you?

Where did you get "hate" from?

Hatred is stupid. Calling homosexuality immoral because the bible said it is a sin is also stupid. Anyone that carries on with that caper deserves to be mocked, yes, much as you might mock someone that thinks 9/11 was an inside job and feels the need to tell you all about it on a regular basis.

Dave Lane 04-30-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9645696)

I don't believe in monsters. Hence I don't believe in Yahweh.

HMc 04-30-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9645700)
Mocking is mocking no matter the group. You seemd to have lost that in your tidy explination. When one who thinks as you do mocks a group as you did - it's justified. So Typical. :rolleyes:

Specifically I think that people that refute science on account of the bible and leverage that position to tell us that homosexuality is immoral deserve to be ridiculed, yes.

Of course, if someone walked down the street and told me that Thor or Zeus had just shown up and answered their prayers I would likely consider that person to batshit crazy also so it is not something saved for christians.

Bambi 04-30-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9645709)

I love it when dudes play the "persecuted white male angle". It always works out so well for them. LMAO

patteeu 04-30-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645711)
Where did you get "hate" from?

Hatred is stupid. Calling homosexuality immoral because the bible said it is a sin is also stupid. Anyone that carries on with that caper deserves to be mocked, yes, much as you might mock someone that thinks 9/11 was an inside job and feels the need to tell you all about it on a regular basis.

You can't just give a straight answer?

OK, let's forget the word "hate". Does it make it OK to level the same kinds of ridicule and criticism that gays experience toward Christians?

Saul Good 04-30-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9645694)
That poor minority, the christians that choose their faith. However shall they cope?

If you haven't noticed, I'm not having this discussion for their benefit; I'm having it for yours.

Christians don't need me to defend them. They aren't the ones trying to change the laws. I'm just letting you know that you sound like an idiot and serve only to hurt your own cause by being an extremist. I'm telling you this as someone on your side of this issue.

When someone on your own side tells you that you're an extremist, it's worth a listen. Yelling "hey you stupid mother****ing Christian pieces of shit...trade your beliefs for mine" may feel cathartic, but it's about as effective as Fred Phelps holding a "God hates (gays)" sign.