ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink America's 5 best BBQ hot spots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272916)

exterminator 05-09-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FD (Post 9671332)
Franklin at #1 is correct. I've been there at least 20 times and am blown away every time. I genuinely think its the best food you can eat on the planet.

Yeah what about Salt Lick in Driftwood???

exterminator 05-09-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9670822)
Now I really want some barbecue.

One of the two best places in Denver went out of business. Sad face. Our barbecue here teeters on the very brink of existence, and I don't understand why. We have 100 sandwich shops in downtown Denver, and there's one barbecue place. It's completely out of whack.

Is Wolgang Puck's still on 16th St?

Dayze 05-09-2013 04:05 PM

Zarda and their smoked deli meat, and a $4 order of fried mushrooms - where you usually get about 8 - are delightful.

XXXshogunXXX 05-09-2013 04:36 PM

Wow, I cant believe that little craphole 'the joint' made it on the list. I went there back in 2007 when my work sent me to work at the USN base for a few weeks. The joint is a little shack right outside of it, surrounded by homes'. I avoided eating at that place till my 2nd trip out there. I first thought it was a little shack that was abandoned. I finally manned up and went to eat there with my coworkers, but then realized I shouldn't haven't.

The inside is filthy, the kitchen had dirty pots everywhere and the food didn't look too appealing. The ambience reminded me of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, It had an old 70's look, and it appeared it was neglected for a long period of time. If you've ever been to New Orleans, you'll also notice they dont have a grading system. So who knows if they ever had health inspectors check up on the joint. I'm not sure if the place was suitable for eating/cooking. Till this day it was the one of the worst experiences eating I've ever had. Needless to say I didn't eat much of the food there. It wasn't good, I wasn't sure how it was prepared and what I was eating...it also felt like I was eating off the ground.

keg in kc 05-09-2013 04:42 PM

While Oklahoma Joe's is my personal favorite, Fiorella's is great from a national perspective because pretty much anybody can get it delivered to them. I've spent tons of money shipping stuff to family at various places in the US (including Hawaii), just so they can get a taste of what I enjoy locally here.

Baby Lee 05-09-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9670786)
Oklahoma Joes is one.

OK Joe's is THE one.

Though I must say, strictly for ribs, JackStack still somehow manages to transcend all others.

Brisket, Pork, Chicken and Sausage at OK Joes [with obligatory Night of the Living Sauce].

Lamb and Pork ribs at Fiorellas.

Pappy's here in St. Louis has great meat, though their sauces are pedestrian at best. I'm tempted to bring my own bottle of Gates and Sons Hot, or Bandana's Spicy Mustard based with me.

I don't care how much flack I get, Texas Roadhouse puts out one HELL of a slab of ribs, too. I have no idea how they pack so much smoke into them, but they're a cross between burnt ends and the fallingest off the bone ribs you'll ever find. I can pick the bones clean with a mere flick of my thumb and forefinger. And they smoke them so long that you can crack the rib bone with your teeth and scoop out heavenly smoked marrow from inside. And of all things, eating them, the thought of additional sauce never even entered my mind.

Baby Lee 05-09-2013 05:11 PM

I know people bag on Famous Dave's and I'm not here to defend them in the least [I went once and never went back after they plopped my salad in the middle of the meat on the plate, don't mess with my salad, bitches].

But has anyone tried their 'Wilbur's Revenge' sauce? They don't put it on the table, but you can request it. It may be the hottest substance offered in a chain restaurant anywhere. Mostly Habernero and derivatives/extracts, tempered with pineapple, molasses and honey. I buy it by the bottle from corporate. My mom tried it sight unseen at the restaurant last fall, and overdid it. Had to go to the hospital later that night as it split her tongue open down the middle, that's how potent its capsacin content is.

Literally 3 drops in a bowl of tomato soup, or 4 drops on a big bean burrito, and you have a thoroughly spicy meal.

Hootie 05-09-2013 05:13 PM

If we're talking chain BBQ I thought Red, Hot and Blue in Texas was good. I'm a big fan of hot BBQ sauce and there's was good.

Baby Lee 05-09-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9671482)
If we're talking chain BBQ I thought Red, Hot and Blue in Texas was good. I'm a big fan of hot BBQ sauce and there's was good.

Have you had OK Joes Night of the Living? Is it similar, better, worse, apples/oranges?

Hootie 05-09-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9671484)
Have you had OK Joes Night of the Living? Is it similar, better, worse, apples/oranges?

Never had it. But now, I want to try it.

Baby Lee 05-09-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9671050)
Tried Brickyard BBQ at a 38th and Stuart? KC style, only local place (KC expat owner/chef) I've found that does burnt ends. The County Line location is closed on Sundays, but we'll stop in and grab a few pounds on a Saturday and reheat on game day at three times a season.

Haven't been there in years, but Sneads used to be KC's gold standard for burnt ends.

Hootie 05-09-2013 05:20 PM

I don't live in Kansas...the only ones I've tried are Gates, Jacks and Bryants. Jacks was the best but it was pricy. I tried everything in the Dallas area and it didn't compare...and I mean everything. I could never find a good hot sauce other than at Red, Hot and Blue...and even then the two spots I grew up with in Champaign, Urbana blew their BBQ away.

Strongside 05-09-2013 05:23 PM

This list makes baby Jesus cry. **** whoever created it. Jack Stack isn't even in the top 5 in Kansas City.

Oklahoma joes, bates city and the woodyard are my faves.

O.city 05-09-2013 05:25 PM

Joes and Jstack are probably my faves, the mutton from Gates is great, Ribs and rib tips from AB's are great.

But yeah, OKJoes, is def better than Jack Stack, IMO. Never had any of the others. Have had some good BBQ in Memphis too though.

Fire Me Boy! 05-09-2013 05:54 PM

KC Masterpiece didn't become a national brand by being crappy.

Strongside 05-09-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9671562)
KC Masterpiece didn't become a national brand by being crappy.

Nah, but they did it with corporate backing and a beefy marketing budget. They don't hold a candle to the smaller spots in KC.

TribalElder 05-09-2013 06:02 PM

The top 5 BBQ joints for people who have no clue about BBQ joints.

all 5 should have been in KC

lol

where are we

oh here we are

http://i.imgur.com/Gllry3e.jpg

Hammock Parties 05-09-2013 06:03 PM

No Austin Salt Lick, list is BS.

Tribal Warfare 05-09-2013 06:04 PM

1st time seeing Arthur Bryant's not on a best of the best BBQ list

Simply Red 05-09-2013 06:32 PM

Gates can't be denied. If skip were here - he'd mention that it's fast food bbq

Randallflagg 05-09-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9671495)
This list makes baby Jesus cry. **** whoever created it. Jack Stack isn't even in the top 5 in Kansas City.

Oklahoma joes, bates city and the woodyard are my faves.

DAMN!!! I forgot about Bates City!! Ate there a couple of times in the early 90s and it was great!. Haven't been back since then, though.

tomahawk kid 05-09-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9670764)
Meh,
I can name Five BBQ joints right here in KC that are better than Jack Stack.

These lists from "national" news services ain't worth spit.

This.

HonestChieffan 05-09-2013 07:12 PM

The Black Dog is simply terrible. Good lord somebody has to pay to get reviews like this. Their burnt ends are dogshit

Hootie 05-09-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9671816)
The Black Dog is simply terrible. Good lord somebody has to pay to get reviews like this. Their burnt ends are dogshit

when did you go there? how many times? You're on crack.

gblowfish 05-09-2013 07:26 PM

Of the "chain" BBQ places, Famous Dave's is probably best. I like that they have various sauces to try. Rib Crib is lame, so is Bandana's.

Fish 05-09-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9671484)

If you like spicy BBQ sauce, I recommend Firebug Hot. Phobia turned me on to the sauce, and the Hot version is phenomenal.. I don't think it's quite as hot as Night of the Living, but it's incredibly flavorful while packing the heat.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8...sauce79560.jpg

http://www.firebugkc.com/products.html#sauces

gblowfish 05-09-2013 07:44 PM

I haven't been able to find Firebug in the store for a long time. It's good stuff. Anybody here in KC carry it? Used to find it at Hy-Vee, but not lately.

Fish 05-09-2013 07:45 PM

McGonigles is where I buy my Firebug. It's at Smoke n' Fire too. Haven't seen it at Hyvee in a long time...

Kaepernick 05-09-2013 07:56 PM

Just another reason I hate living in California.

No doubt I'll never eat at one of these top 5, but the 3 best barbecue places I've ever eaten at were, The Hickory Hut in Salina Kansas, and Gates BBQ and Zarda BBQ in Independence, Missouri.'

California doesn't have jack squat for BBQ.

Although the best Texas chili I've ever eaten is from JR's Texas BBQ in Sacramento. It used to be A++ chili but it was too hot for most of the customers, and JR had to tone it down. It used to give me that nice internal burn. Such a shame, but I still haven't had better chili. If it's got beans, IT AIN'T CHILI!

gblowfish 05-09-2013 08:01 PM

Zarda is in Blue Springs, not Independence.

keg in kc 05-09-2013 08:05 PM

There's a zarda over my way too, on Quivira down past 95th street. It's not my favorite place, but OK Joe's isn't open on Sunday's and they have a drive thru, so occasionally during football season I'll be like "hmm, want some bbq for the game".

Not sure why but I do like their burnt ends with little pieces of ham.

gblowfish 05-09-2013 08:06 PM

I had lunch at Zarda's in Lenexa today.
My fries were cold. Bummed me out.

keg in kc 05-09-2013 08:09 PM

Their fries never seem to be all that good, unfortunately.

HonestChieffan 05-09-2013 08:21 PM

Anybody try Rod Grey's new product line? Rod is one hell of a BBQ man and Pellet Envy has won a ton of competitions. I need to get some of this and give it a go.

http://www.eatbarbecue.com

DeezNutz 05-09-2013 09:03 PM

Last times at Gates and OK Joes: mediocre at best.

Demonpenz 05-09-2013 09:06 PM

The only thing bad about OK JOES is the line.

Demonpenz 05-09-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9672096)
I had lunch at Zarda's in Lenexa today.
My fries were cold. Bummed me out.

tell them to take that shit back. They have a good sausage samwhich though... sliced sausage like pastrami...ohhh man

suzzer99 05-09-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 9670878)
Here in LA there's a "Kansas City BBQ" place.

It's ****ing ABYSMAL. :mad:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-e...-no/2012-08-26

Is this the place on Magnolia near Riverside? It's not bad. I like the burnt end sandwich, and the ribs are pretty good. I put it as about average in Kansas City, which makes it literally the best barbecue in LA.

It's also fun place to watch the Chiefs games, and the only place I've ever been able to eat decent barbecue and drink a Chimay at the same time.

RunKC 05-09-2013 10:04 PM

I love everything about OK Joe's. The fries are good, the Xi man is amazing.

Arthur Bryant's is a close 2nd though. Almost like 1B. I've never had Jack Stack though, so I can't comment.

There's gotta be like 10 great to solid (at worst) BBQ places in the KC area.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-09-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9670956)
Golden Corral is pretty good.

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-09-2013 10:28 PM

LC's for burnt ends. Gates mixed plate for all-around awesome. I need to try OKJ next time I go back, possibly "wood yard"( I think )too.
Posted via Mobile Device

CrazyPhuD 05-09-2013 11:15 PM

List fail....no McDonald's for the McRibb

CrazyPhuD 05-09-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 9670892)
Ill have to try the place in New Orleans. I've yet to find even a decent barbecue place in all of Louisiana. I'm a Texas transplant living here and I yearn for barbecue nonstop.

Being from Texas, I have to give KC a TON of credit. Overall I think it's better Barbecue than Texas, but we do brisket better down in Texas.

I grew up in KS and have a bunch of family in TX now. Honestly the texans have some great smoking talent and they have some excellent sauces too. The one area that I would say they fall short is beef quality. Too many times the texas cattle are chosen for the size of their damn horns not the quality of the beef!:cuss: Because of the rail lines going through and location KC cherry picks some of the best meat.

It would be a long, hard, and bloody battle to determine who has the better pitmasters between KC and TX, hell I'm still not sure a winner could be chosen. But I feel KC on average has the better quality beef and that's what puts it over the top to me.

Phobia 05-10-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exterminator (Post 9670859)
Lamb ribs?

WTF?

Jack Stack does a few things really, really well. Their lamb ribs are one of them. Their Cheesy corn, beans, and slaw are others.

Phobia 05-10-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9671976)
I haven't been able to find Firebug in the store for a long time. It's good stuff. Anybody here in KC carry it? Used to find it at Hy-Vee, but not lately.

Hy-Vee always had it. I think he's out of Price Chopper. They're slow payers. But yeah, McGonigles is a good source for it. Ask your boy, Doggity. He's buds with Shannon.

Dartgod 05-10-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9671673)
Gates can't be denied. If skip were here - he'd mention that it's fast food bbq

Gates sucks.

Ceej 05-10-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9672894)
Gates sucks.

WELCOME TO GATES MAY I TAKE YOUR ORDER?????!!!!

Uhhhhh......

*gets cut by 16 people*

gblowfish 05-10-2013 09:06 AM

Gates does not suck. Let's squash that right out of the gate. It's one of the best, most successful, and most tenured BBQ joints in the city.

The thing about Gates is, it's maddeningly inconsistent with both food quality and service.

When they are on their game, their ribs, brisket and turkey are wonderful. Sometimes you get a fatty beef sandwich, or grisly ribs. You just have to ask to see the ribs first, or ask for your sandwich "lean as possible".

The help can be anywhere from overly-attentive to clueless. Ollie Gates is famous for being a skin flint with counter help wages, so they constantly burn through people. Some of them aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Gates BBQ sauce is IMHO among the very best. It has a unique signature flavor. Bryant's sauce is also unique. The two sauces are different as night and day, but both are delicious and unmistakable.

KCUnited 05-10-2013 09:16 AM

My problem with Gates is no pp sandwich, I mean c'mon, **** ham.

Dartgod 05-10-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9672914)
Gates does not suck. Let's squash that right out of the gate. It's one of the best...

Wrong. How can it be when in the next paragraph, you say this:

Quote:

The thing about Gates is, it's maddeningly inconsistent with both food quality and service.

Sometimes you get a fatty beef sandwich, or grisly ribs. You just have to ask to see the ribs first, or ask for your sandwich "lean as possible".

If I have to deal with any of the above, then they are no where near "one of the best". And that's my biggest "beef" (pun intended) with them. The last time I ate there, several years ago, I got the nastiest, fatty, tough brisket sandwich. Couldn't eat it and I've never been back.

I don't need to ask to see the meat or ask for a lean sandwich at Jack Stack, OK Joe's. Arthur Bryants or a myriad of other BBQ restaurants in the city.

ndws 05-10-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9670782)
I like Fiorellas. The lamb ribs are great. I haven't eaten at the other places they mention, so I can't comment on them. I still like several joints in KC better than Fiorellas though. Smokin Guns, OK Joes, to name a couple.

I would even add Brobecks to that list. Jack Stack is good, and the freight house is pretty cool, but I would just as soon eat at any of the other mentioned places.

Ceej 05-10-2013 09:22 AM

I posted this in the Royals repository thread, which was a terrible idea.

Are there any good Q joints open on Sundays?

Looking to put some down after the game.

KCUnited 05-10-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9672945)
I posted this in the Royals repository thread, which was a terrible idea.

Are there any good Q joints open on Sundays?

Looking to put some down after the game.

AB's on Brooklyn is open on Sunday, close to the Stadium.

gblowfish 05-10-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9672934)
My problem with Gates is no pp sandwich, I mean c'mon, **** ham.

Gates has both ham and pork as choices. But it's sliced, not pulled pork.

KCUnited 05-10-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9672953)
Gates has both ham and pork as choices. But it's sliced, not pulled pork.

That's what I'm saying, WTF??

Ceej 05-10-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9672952)
AB's on Brooklyn is open on Sunday, close to the Stadium.

You'll have to forgive my ignorance.

What's AB's? Or is that the actual name?

KCUnited 05-10-2013 09:27 AM

Arthur Bryants

Ceej 05-10-2013 09:27 AM

Arthur Bryant's.

Derp.

gblowfish 05-10-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9672938)
Wrong. How can it be when in the next paragraph, you say this:

If I have to deal with any of the above, then they are no where near "one of the best". And that's my biggest "beef" (pun intended) with them. The last time I ate there, several years ago, I got the nastiest, fatty, tough brisket sandwich. Couldn't eat it and I've never been back.

I don't need to ask to see the meat or ask for a lean sandwich at Jack Stack, OK Joe's. Arthur Bryants or a myriad of other BBQ restaurants in the city.

No I understand completely. Nothing is worse than paying good money for BBQ and getting a crappy sandwich. I won't eat at Wyandotte BBQ for just that reason. I've been there twice, and both times my food was total shit.

When Gates is on, it's on. When it's off, it's off. Plus it depends what location you eat at. 18th and Brooklyn has the most consistent food. The Gates out in the suburbs are the most inconsistent for some reason.

gblowfish 05-10-2013 09:28 AM

Gates in Independence on US 40 is open on Sunday. It's about three miles due east of the stadium.

gblowfish 05-10-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9672956)
That's what I'm saying, WTF??

They'll chop it up for you if you like. Just ask for a pork sandwich chopped.

This is the Gates at I-435 and State Line. If you're outside KC, this is what Gates looks like:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/67VDsF6BBoY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dartgod 05-10-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9672966)
No I understand completely. Nothing is worse than paying good money for BBQ and getting a crappy sandwich. I won't eat at Wyandotte BBQ for just that reason. I've been there twice, and both times my food was total shit.

When Gates is on, it's on. When it's off, it's off. Plus it depends what location you eat at. 18th and Brooklyn has the most consistent food. The Gates out in the suburbs are the most inconsistent for some reason.

I'll give you this, Gates used to be much better. But it's been a long time. They are living on their reputation from days gone by.

Dartgod 05-10-2013 09:56 AM

Anyone else tried The Rub, at K-10 and Ridgeview? I've been there a few times and it's pretty damn good.

suzzer99 05-10-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Gates does not suck. Let's squash that right out of the gate. It's one of the best, most successful, and most tenured BBQ joints in the city.

When they are on their game, their ribs, brisket and turkey are wonderful. Sometimes you get a fatty beef sandwich, or grisly ribs. You just have to ask to see the ribs first, or ask for your sandwich "lean as possible".

The help can be anywhere from overly-attentive to clueless. Ollie Gates is famous for being a skin flint with counter help wages, so they constantly burn through people. Some of them aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Gates BBQ sauce is IMHO among the very best. It has a unique signature flavor. Bryant's sauce is also unique. The two sauces are different as night and day, but both are delicious and unmistakable.

That's a very good summation. I would add that the fries are always good for whatever that's worth.

Gates has always been my favorite sauce, and nothing else I've tried has really come close. I can drink that stuff straight.

Archie F. Swin 05-10-2013 10:18 AM

I've been to BBQ joints throughout OK and TX and have been to many well known KC establishments. If a noobie ever asks me a bout Jack Stack, I will quickly say "**** that place!"

petegz28 05-10-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9670764)
Meh,
I can name Five BBQ joints right here in KC that are better than Jack Stack.

These lists from "national" news services ain't worth spit.

No shit!

Gates
A.B.'s
OK Joes
Smokin' Joes
Rosedale BBQ was always one I liked
BB's when I am in the area and the mood

petegz28 05-10-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9672894)
Gates sucks.

Your whore mouth needs to shut! :cuss:

Dartgod 05-10-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9673123)
Your whore mouth needs to shut! :cuss:

GATES SUCKS!

Ceej 05-10-2013 11:15 AM

Taking my girlfriend to AB's Sunday after the game.

Her first legitimate BBQ experience. We'll see how the Wisconsinian enjoys it.

Archie F. Swin 05-10-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9673152)
GATES SUCKS!

their hot sauce is the bomb track

bettah axe sumbody

gblowfish 05-10-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9673164)
Taking my girlfriend to AB's Sunday after the game.

Her first legitimate BBQ experience. We'll see how the Wisconsinian enjoys it.

Here's a tip for you:

If you get a combo plate, ask for ribs as one of the two meats on the combo. The ribs are great, and you can try them without having to buy a big order of them.

Also, if it's to go, ask for the sauce on the side.

ABs original sauce is not for everyone. It's tart, and has a lot of paprika in it. I personally LOVE it. But not everyone does. They also make an excellent sweet sauce, which is dynamite on chicken and turkey. Both sauces are on the table, so ask them to NOT SAUCE the meat, then you can try both styles, and lather it up to your liking at the table.

If you order a sandwich or combo, get fries with it. A full sized sandwich will easily feed two people. So come very hungry, or be prepared to take some home.

Stewie 05-10-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9671430)
While Oklahoma Joe's is my personal favorite, Fiorella's is great from a national perspective because pretty much anybody can get it delivered to them. I've spent tons of money shipping stuff to family at various places in the US (including Hawaii), just so they can get a taste of what I enjoy locally here.

What you're sending isn't from their restaurants. It's illegal to ship any food that's not cooked in a USDA certified kitchen (restaurants aren't because it opens a whole bunch of regulations). Fiorella's uses a commercial kitchen for their distribution and processing of food.

Titty Meat 05-10-2013 11:34 AM

Just ate a Zman at Oklahoma Joes.

ChiefsCountry 05-10-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

I always eat at Gates on Paeso down by UMKC. Never had bad bbq there. Of course Gates is my #1 BBQ place in KC.

ChiefsCountry 05-10-2013 11:39 AM

The best bbq I have had outside of Kansas City
Jack's BBQ in Nashville
www.jacksbarbque.com

It could hold its own with the KC joints IMO.

HemiEd 05-10-2013 11:43 AM

This thread made me hungry for some BBQ. We went and had some pulled pork sandwiches for lunch with the beans. http://www.hickoryriversmokehouse.net/

Pretty darn tasty

PunkinDrublic 05-10-2013 11:43 AM

I've had a great week in KC. I've eaten at AB, Jack Stack and today joes. KC is head and shoulders above anything I've had in Texas. That includes anything I've had in Austin.

Ceej 05-10-2013 11:48 AM

It seems that there's a BBQ thread every couple of months.

And they never get old.

Mm BBQ.

Dartgod 05-10-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9673222)
I've had a great week in KC. I've eaten at AB, Jack Stack and today joes. KC is head and shoulders above anything I've had in Texas. That includes anything I've had in Austin.

So, now that you've had all three, how would you rank them?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-10-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Brooklyn location never lets me down, nor does 31st and Main. Now, there are western variations, but sloppy, salty-wet Carolina pulled pork can stay the **** in Carolina. Anyone who pines for that shit needs a ****ing overhaul in life.
Posted via Mobile Device