ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sandbox football is gearing up - room for new owners. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272980)

Kyle DeLexus 05-12-2013 09:30 PM

I'll take a team. Maybe that'll get me posting on CP more, I've turned into a lurker since the survivor game.

Rain Man 05-12-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrroandrro (Post 9677992)
Keep trying to get on but I'm at the screen where it says to name my team and its location. Now either I haven't been assigned a team or I'm doing it wrong. Help please.

You haven't been assigned a team yet. Hang on for a sec; I'm on the case now.

Rain Man 05-12-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9676717)
I'll do one as well.

I have a nice solid midwestern team for you that has great tailgating. You'll get the Topeka Tyrannicide in League 1. They went 5-11 last year, but they have some good talent.

Rain Man 05-12-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 9677682)
Thanks registered under dj56dt58

Good QB, good RB, good LT, you've got some building blocks. You will be taking over the Cedar Rapids Angry Clam Hammers in League 1.

cdcox 05-12-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678113)
Good QB, good RB, good LT, you've got some building blocks. You will be taking over the Cedar Rapids Angry Clam Hammers in League 1.

Done.

Rain Man 05-12-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrroandrro (Post 9676872)
I'd like to try this if you got an open spot.

We're at the point now where the teams that are not confirmed were owned by active and committed owners last year. However, I've sent messages where possible and haven't yet heard back in a week, and there are a few people where e-mails bounced or some such thing. I'll reassign those teams based on their past activity, starting with the team with the longest delay since last login.

For those getting teams from this point on, I'll ask you to keep an open mind if someone approaches you in the next couple of days and asks you to trade teams because you have their original team. But it'll be your call and it's your team.

Mrroandro, your team is ... the Chula Vista Cripplas! A League 1 team, Chula Vista went 6-10 last year, and their strength appears to be on the lines, along with a deep WR corps.

Rain Man 05-12-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9678119)
Done.

Didja get Post #83 before that?

cdcox 05-12-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678128)
Didja get Post #83 before that?

Still waiting for him to register, I believe.

cdcox 05-12-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678127)
We're at the point now where the teams that are not confirmed were owned by active and committed owners last year. However, I've sent messages where possible and haven't yet heard back in a week, and there are a few people where e-mails bounced or some such thing. I'll reassign those teams based on their past activity, starting with the team with the longest delay since last login.

For those getting teams from this point on, I'll ask you to keep an open mind if someone approaches you in the next couple of days and asks you to trade teams because you have their original team. But it'll be your call and it's your team.

Mrroandro, your team is ... the Chula Vista Cripplas! A League 1 team, Chula Vista went 6-10 last year, and their strength appears to be on the lines, along with a deep WR corps.

Done

Rain Man 05-12-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd (Post 9677311)
I am interested in a team.

Is it possible to move a team? I didn't see Los Angeles on the franchise list and everyone knows LA is a great sports town.

California is a big state, but you can go even bigger. Envision sweeping plains. Football factories. Massive waves of illegal migration. Think (sweeping arm gesture) Texas.

Your team is the Round Rock TambaTornados in League 2. A team run by a charismatic Texas quarterback who has a little bit of Hollywood in him.

Rain Man 05-12-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9677482)

Are you joining? You want a team?

cdcox 05-12-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678142)
California is a big state, but you can go even bigger. Envision sweeping plains. Football factories. Massive waves of illegal migration. Think (sweeping arm gesture) Texas.

Your team is the Round Rock TambaTornados in League 2. A team run by a charismatic Texas quarterback who has a little bit of Hollywood in him.

done

blazzin311 05-12-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9676857)
Current status:

Beavis Chiefs -- Springfield Attack -- process completed
Ebolapox -- Aurora Borealis -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
Blazin311 -- Independence Jokers -- process completed
EagleRob -- Lexington Akitas -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
allen_kcCard -- needs a team -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
dh56dt58 -- needs a team -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
Old Dog's Friend -- Columbia KC Hood Stars -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
Tambaberry -- St. Louis Spiders -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)

Someone by the handle of Jak2786 registered on Sandbox, but I don't know who they are or what team they are to be assigned.

Jak2786 would be me. The Independence Jokers were the team that Rain Man assigned to me. :thumb:

Rain Man 05-12-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsyou606 (Post 9677744)
I will play. My team is in bold

Sorry. Given the last activity date, your team was reassigned to EagleRob. You're welcome to approach him about a trade, but your new team is now the ... Wichita Shox in League 2! Wichita went 5-11 last year but has plenty of stars to thrill the Wichita fanbase, particularly in the passing game.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 9678008)
I'll take a team. Maybe that'll get me posting on CP more, I've turned into a lurker since the survivor game.

Based on the last activity date, we will award you the Kansas City Ball Busters in League 1. They went 7-9 last year despite having perhaps the deepest QB and TE positions in the league. Under your guidance, perhaps they can turn the corner.

ChiefAshhole20 05-13-2013 01:39 AM

I'd like to join if possible.

mrroandrro 05-13-2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678127)

Build from the inside and work your way out. I like it.

rtmike 05-13-2013 06:37 AM

Late to the thread but if a team is available I'd be willing to take it over please?

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-13-2013 07:20 AM

I'm game, if there are still openings.

Have registered (without choosing location or team name)

cdcox 05-13-2013 07:26 AM

Old Dog's Friend -- Columbia KC Hood Stars -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
Kyle Deluxes -- Kansas City Ball Busters -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
ChiefAshhole20 -- needs a team -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
rtmike -- needs a team -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
Zeke -- needs a team

I think these are the only outstanding issues.

allen_kcCard 05-13-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678111)
I have a nice solid midwestern team for you that has great tailgating. You'll get the Topeka Tyrannicide in League 1. They went 5-11 last year, but they have some good talent.

Thanks!

Rain Man 05-13-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9678192)
I'd like to join if possible.

I have a fine team for you. League 1's High Point Knob Hills. They went 7-9 last year, but have a Super Bowl MVP quarterback and I expect big things out of Jon Baldwin on the receiving end.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9678246)
Late to the thread but if a team is available I'd be willing to take it over please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9678284)

Your'e the next two up and you're definitely guaranteed teams. I just need to do a final call to be sure I'm not giving away someone's baby.

DJ's left nut 05-13-2013 09:56 AM

Kiss the ring, new League 1 owners...

Rain Man 05-13-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9678246)

I have an excellent team for you, the Kansas City Fubars of League 2. They had a rough year last year at 4-12, but quarterback David Garrard thinks he can take the team to new heights this year. Oh, and you might want to draft a quarterback.

The good news is that your running back, Jamaal Charles, is returning from his injury this season. He should be a great complement to Garrard.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 10:14 AM

Final call for the following teams. If you do not confirm your participation, your team is at risk of being reassigned:

League 1

Anchorage Roadkill - lostcause
Dallas K-Swiss Tubes - kstater
Fort Wayne Dukes - davidmu
Overland Park Chiefs - King of the Cassel
Ventura Highways - Rockchalk

League 2
Little Rock Nine - kstater
Oklahoma City Outlaws - jreid18
Pompano Beach Pandas - ozona
Rancho Cucamonga Redrage - dtforever
Seattle Undertakers - Andchiefs
Waco Compound Fires - sully

Some of these folks either had e-mail bounces or the don't accept pm's or we otherwise had trouble contacting them. So if you know any of these folks, send them here pronto or Ray Farmer may be talking to them.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9678284)

Let's go with League 1's Dallas K-Swiss Tubes. They went 7-9 this year, but are poised for success with stars like Clay Matthews and Patrick Peterson. And uh, starting halfback Brandon Jacobs. Halfback might be a draft priority for you.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-13-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678524)
Let's go with League 1's Dallas K-Swiss Tubes. They went 7-9 this year, but are poised for success with stars like Clay Matthews and Patrick Peterson. And uh, starting halfback Brandon Jacobs. Halfback might be a draft priority for you.

haha awesome, thanks. :)

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-13-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9678478)
Kiss the ring, new League 1 owners...

You sure? I've had this recurring lip fungus the last couple months...

cdcox 05-13-2013 10:25 AM

You can assign the Los Angeles Knights in league 2 to someone. With the coding issues I don't have time to properly manage two teams.

allen_kcCard 05-13-2013 10:35 AM

Looking over the Topeka Tyrannicide, and have started having Ray Farmer's distant cousin go to rip the playbook out of the hands of some guys that have been retired for a good while now.

Just to make sure, that is something we should be doing right? Releasing players that obviously won't be playing? (Ray's cousin had to visit the graveyard for Belcher's playbook). Wasn't sure on roster size limits and salaries and all that.

DJ's left nut 05-13-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678514)
Final call for the following teams. If you do not confirm your participation, your team is at risk of being reassigned:

League 1

Anchorage Roadkill - lostcause
Dallas K-Swiss Tubes - kstater
Fort Wayne Dukes - davidmu
Overland Park Chiefs - King of the Cassel
Ventura Highways - Rockchalk

League 2
Little Rock Nine - kstater
Oklahoma City Outlaws - jreid18
Pompano Beach Pandas - ozona
Rancho Cucamonga Redrage - dtforever
Seattle Undertakers - Andchiefs
Waco Compound Fires - sully

Some of these folks either had e-mail bounces or the don't accept pm's or we otherwise had trouble contacting them. So if you know any of these folks, send them here pronto or Ray Farmer may be talking to them.

Lostcause has sent a PM or two my way over trade discussions that never really materialized. I assume he'll want to stick around.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9678547)
You can assign the Los Angeles Knights in league 2 to someone. With the coding issues I don't have time to properly manage two teams.

Gotcha.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9678601)
Lostcause has sent a PM or two my way over trade discussions that never really materialized. I assume he'll want to stick around.

Cool, thanks. He seems a likely carryover, but I just haven't heard from him.

I'm a little more worried about some guys whose e-mails bounced that I can't reach, guys like jreid18 and ozona and davidmu. I'm not sure what else to do, though.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9678582)
Looking over the Topeka Tyrannicide, and have started having Ray Farmer's distant cousin go to rip the playbook out of the hands of some guys that have been retired for a good while now.

Just to make sure, that is something we should be doing right? Releasing players that obviously won't be playing? (Ray's cousin had to visit the graveyard for Belcher's playbook). Wasn't sure on roster size limits and salaries and all that.

Yeah, it's certainly fine to do that. It'll give you a more clear picture of draft needs, and if they're not playing, they're not playing.

Remember, though, that we're playing the 2012 season so if they played last year they're still active in this game.

allen_kcCard 05-13-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678636)
Yeah, it's certainly fine to do that. It'll give you a more clear picture of draft needs, and if they're not playing, they're not playing.

Remember, though, that we're playing the 2012 season so if they played last year they're still active in this game.

Hrm...hope I didn't F myself on some of those then. I'll have to re-check.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9678646)
Hrm...hope I didn't F myself on some of those then. I'll have to re-check.

cdcox may be able to help you out if you accidentally screwed yourself. It's the first time we've done this process.

allen_kcCard 05-13-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678650)
cdcox may be able to help you out if you accidentally screwed yourself. It's the first time we've done this process.

I think I am ok. Belcher is the only one of the ones I released that played, and I have a bad feeling for his year in 2012.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9678664)
I think I am ok. Belcher is the only one of the ones I released that played, and I have a bad feeling for his year in 2012.

Your public relations office will praise you for this offseason move in a few months.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9677461)
OH HEY I HAVE PICK TWO! I GET TO GO FROM PEYTON MANNING TO ANDREW LUCK/RG3/RUSSELL WILSON!

hell... anybody want to trade for peyton manning?!?!?

Trade offer sent.

As an FYI to all new owners, your players' injuries in 2012 correlate perfectly to their injuries in this game. So if a player missed Week X last year, they will miss Week X in this game. Remember that as you think about your rosters.

In my case, for example, Ray Lewis went down with an injury and missed ten weeks of the season. He will miss those same ten weeks for me.

allen_kcCard 05-13-2013 12:11 PM

Hey you lucky Hawkeye fans and general red blooded Americans....I am now fielding trade offers for Stanzi the Manzi.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9678807)
Hey you lucky Hawkeye fans and general red blooded Americans....I am now fielding trade offers for Stanzi the Manzi.

I'm looking at my roster, and I don't have enough to even make an offer.

allen_kcCard 05-13-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678922)
I'm looking at my roster, and I don't have enough to even make an offer.

Next few years draft picks might help, not sure.

mrroandrro 05-13-2013 03:50 PM

Just aquired Matt Stafford for the #30 overall pic!!!!! QB situation sewed up!! Time to get that ring!! Anyone looking for a player, or want to aquire #6 overall holler at me.

Kyle DeLexus 05-13-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9678295)
Kyle Deluxes -- Kansas City Ball Busters -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
Zeke -- needs a team

I'm registered now.

DJ's left nut 05-13-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrroandrro (Post 9679231)
Just aquired Matt Stafford for the #30 overall pic!!!!! QB situation sewed up!! Time to get that ring!! Anyone looking for a player, or want to aquire #6 overall holler at me.

Well I can't seem to offer trades at the moment and you aren't accepting PMs.

cdcox 05-13-2013 07:16 PM

Updated

Quote:

Old Dog's Friend -- Columbia KC Hood Stars -- process complete
Kyle Deluxes -- Kansas City Ball Busters -- process complete
Zeke -- Dallas K-Swiss Tubes -- process complete

mrroandrro 05-13-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9679460)
Well I can't seem to offer trades at the moment and you aren't accepting PMs.

Not sure if I can get PMs here, post count and all. But try messaging me on the site and we can try and work something out. I may be able to make the offer if u can't.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9679651)
Updated

I'll pm the rtmike and Chiefashhole to remind them.

cdcox 05-13-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9679843)
I'll pm the rtmike and Chiefashhole to remind them.

Whoops, I missed that you had assigned them teams. But yes, they do need to register before I can connect them.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9679859)
Whoops, I missed that you had assigned them teams. But yes, they do need to register before I can connect them.

The Western Regional Headquarters of Sandbox Simulations strives for short customer turnaround times.

mrroandrro 05-13-2013 09:38 PM

Hey Rain Man or CD. I'd it possible to add a message board on the site so that we can communicate and run smack? I know we can send each other messages, but a message board is always fun.

cdcox 05-13-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrroandrro (Post 9680228)
Hey Rain Man or CD. I'd it possible to add a message board on the site so that we can communicate and run smack? I know we can send each other messages, but a message board is always fun.

It's in the works. I have VB running on our new server home, and if I remember correctly I've figured out how to switch back and forth between VB and Sandox. But we won't migrate until late summer at the earliest because I there are several more issues to figure out before we go commercial.

In the meantime, all of the cool Sandboxers hang out on this thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=9680160

rtmike 05-13-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Zeke -- needs a team

Done.

Rain Man bestowed upon me Kansas City Fubars of League 2.

I filed paperwork with the league to have my team name changed shortly after the relocation papers were signed. Any idea when the pw hits the desk?

cdcox 05-14-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9680773)
Done.

Rain Man bestowed upon me Kansas City Fubars of League 2.

I filed paperwork with the league to have my team name changed shortly after the relocation papers were signed. Any idea when the pw hits the desk?

Your team is fubar.

ChiefAshhole20 05-14-2013 12:55 AM

I'm registered and in a league, but I don't think this is ours...

cdcox 05-14-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9680845)

I just assigned you to High Point.

cdcox 05-14-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9680845)

I see that you made your own High Point Knob Hills in League 4.

Go to Account Management => My Teams and see if you can log into High Point Knob Hills in League 1.

Let me know what you find out.

Jerm 05-14-2013 01:13 AM

Is there any more openings? If so I'm interested...I'm game...

cdcox 05-14-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9680856)
Is there any more openings? If so I'm interested...I'm game...

Sign up according to post 29 in this thread. Rain Man will assign you a team and then I'll connect you by tomorrow evening.

Jerm 05-14-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9680859)
Sign up according to post 29 in this thread. Rain Man will assign you a team and then I'll connect you by tomorrow evening.

Cool will do...also can everything be accessed via mobile? I assumed yes but just wanted to make sure.

ChiefAshhole20 05-14-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9680851)
I see that you made your own High Point Knob Hills in League 4.

Go to Account Management => My Teams and see if you can log into High Point Knob Hills in League 1.

Let me know what you find out.

I'm good! Thanks man.

Jerm 05-14-2013 02:44 AM

Registered under Jerm411...

dj56dt58 05-14-2013 07:12 AM

Why can't I assign a position (lt) to okung?

Hammock Parties 05-14-2013 07:32 AM

Question: should I go ahead and release players that didn't play in 2012? Or is there some reason not to?

allen_kcCard 05-14-2013 07:42 AM

After the draft, are we going to be able to try to pick up free agents? I have more holes in this team than draft picks.

Rain Man 05-14-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9680869)

I've got you on the list and you'll get a team. I'm just trying to confirm a few of last year's players before I give away their team.

DJ's left nut 05-14-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9680996)
Question: should I go ahead and release players that didn't play in 2012? Or is there some reason not to?

2 words:

Ma'ake Kemoeatu

He didn't play in 2011, came into camp and won the starting gig in Baltimore as a NT. He ended up having a solid year and will be a nice rotational guy with Piouha in the middle of my defense. He was essentially found money.

That said, I still blasted 12 guys off my roster once the release feature went live. I may get burned here or there, but there is just so much dead weight on a lot of these teams.

Rain Man 05-14-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 9680951)

If there is a position change, one of three things will happen.

1. It'll update automatically when cdcox uploads the most recent data.

2. If it doesn't, you can petition for a change. In a case where it's obvious, we'll make the change across all leagues at once. (Wait - I've got Okung in League 2 and he's shown as an LT. Are you talking about someone else?)

3. If you need to move a player out of his natural position, you can do so. There's a performance degradation that depends on the nature of the move. If you move a RG to LG, for example, the degradation is very mild. If you move a NT to FS, the degradation is quite large. You'll find that you need to do this during the season occasionally if injuries hit a position hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9680996)

I cut a few players myself, but have been careful about it. If a player still has a chance of getting signed to a roster, it probably makes sense to keep him as long as possible if you're otherwise just emptying a roster spot. I had a couple of guys who didn't latch onto a team in 2012, but they're still young enough that they might get back into the league this year. If not, I'll cut them when I need to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9681013)
After the draft, are we going to be able to try to pick up free agents? I have more holes in this team than draft picks.

Yep. After we do the rookie draft we'll have a free agent signing period where you pursue players who are not currently on teams. Since we had a delay, there are a few gems out there (Victor Cruz, anyone?) cdcox is working to get our permanent free agency system up and running, but if that doesn't work right now we'll do a draft.

cdcox 05-14-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 9680951)

Don't worry about this right now. You will be able to set positions in your lineup before we start simulations. Right now just focus on building your roster.

Hammock Parties 05-14-2013 10:55 AM

Just to make sure: we're using 2012 results to calculate this season's results right?

cdcox 05-14-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9680860)
Cool will do...also can everything be accessed via mobile? I assumed yes but just wanted to make sure.

You'll have to try it and see since mobile devices are so variable. I can do most things on my phone but scrolling windows isn't functional. Using the seach box can help access rows outside of the view screen. I don't see how some of you do all your web access through mobile. It feels like your brain is in a shoebox.

cdcox 05-14-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9681480)
Just to make sure: we're using 2012 results to calculate this season's results right?

Yes but 2013 is just around the corner. We'll do our 2013 rookie draft no later than August. If you think a good player might come back from injury in 2013 it might be worth keeping him on the roster to maintain your rights to him.

Rain Man 05-14-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9680869)

I have a nice team for you, the Fort Wayne Dukes from League 1. They won their division last year even though their quarterback was too short to be a first rounder.

cdcox 05-14-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9681634)
I have a nice team for you, the Fort Wayne Dukes from League 1. They won their division last year even though their quarterback was too short to be a first rounder.

Done.

mrroandrro 05-16-2013 04:11 AM

Anyone looking for a Defense End, I have Sammie Lee Hill who started 15 games last year. I need a dIme cornerback and could use all the linebacker help I can get. Don't mind swapping or trading some draft positions either.

dj56dt58 05-17-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9681413)
If there is a position change, one of three things will happen.

1. It'll update automatically when cdcox uploads the most recent data.

2. If it doesn't, you can petition for a change. In a case where it's obvious, we'll make the change across all leagues at once. (Wait - I've got Okung in League 2 and he's shown as an LT. Are you talking about someone else?)

3. If you need to move a player out of his natural position, you can do so. There's a performance degradation that depends on the nature of the move. If you move a RG to LG, for example, the degradation is very mild. If you move a NT to FS, the degradation is quite large. You'll find that you need to do this during the season occasionally if injuries hit a position hard.

I cut a few players myself, but have been careful about it. If a player still has a chance of getting signed to a roster, it probably makes sense to keep him as long as possible if you're otherwise just emptying a roster spot. I had a couple of guys who didn't latch onto a team in 2012, but they're still young enough that they might get back into the league this year. If not, I'll cut them when I need to.

Yep. After we do the rookie draft we'll have a free agent signing period where you pursue players who are not currently on teams. Since we had a delay, there are a few gems out there (Victor Cruz, anyone?) cdcox is working to get our permanent free agency system up and running, but if that doesn't work right now we'll do a draft.

Im not trying a position change, he isnt listed for a position at all..im basically trying to look at my depth chart to help determine my draft but for instance my left tackle isnt listed so I go to change it to Okung and he isnt there, nor is he under RT or any other position

Rain Man 05-17-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 9688633)
Im not trying a position change, he isnt listed for a position at all..im basically trying to look at my depth chart to help determine my draft but for instance my left tackle isnt listed so I go to change it to Okung and he isnt there, nor is he under RT or any other position

Hmm. Weird. If he's on your roster he should show up. It could be some glitch because I think he changed positions. If he's on your roster you'll have him, but after the flurry of the draft pm cdcox and he can look at it from the inside.

dj56dt58 05-18-2013 09:19 PM

Ok thanks

Hammock Parties 05-18-2013 09:37 PM

Just to make sure it's noticed, I'm petitioning for two position changes:

Michael Huff to CB and Ronde Barber to FS. They both played at those positions last season.