ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Kaepernick pulls a Steve Bono (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274347)

Strongside 07-07-2013 11:42 AM

Hate to admit it, but there isn't a player I want to be a bust as a 2nd year starter more than this ****er. I can't stand guys that think their shit doesn't stink, but try to play themselves as humble to the public. I hope he throws 30 picks and rushes for under 300 yards.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796551)
The crock is people acting as if this is disrespecting his teammates - that it's going to affect what happens between the lines on Sunday afternoons.

It's a ****ing hat.

I guess maybe my standards for intelligence are higher than some. Its a dumbass move and shows he is in fact a dumbass. My wife who cares 0 about football when I asked her what she though about it said "what an idiot".

Not to mention if I were the guy writing his checks, the one with the Niner logo on them, I would be ****ing pissed.

Does the "hat" effect what happens on the field? No other than it brings his intelligence into question and if you dont understand that, dont know what to tell you.

And like I stated if Alex Smith did that you would have a ****ing field day with it.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9796549)
What does this have to do with my claim? If Kaepernick can't run, he would fall into the category of average QB. Yes, he's got a great arm, but he's never proven to be able to throw with exceptional touch or accuracy and he has never proven to be overly adept at reading defenses.

Jamarcus Russell was big and had a big arm, but it takes more than that. I'm not saying the Kaepernick would be Russell if he couldn't run, but he would definitely never be an elite QB without the ability to run.

First off, he's 23 years old. He's not 33 years old and on the verge of breaking down (like Rothlisberger). As big, fast and mobile as he is, it's going to take a helluva defense and an elite defender in order to knock him out permanently.

The guy isn't RGIII, who's only 6'2 210 pounds. He's 6'5, 240 and he's got plenty of room on his frame to grow. He's not Russell Wilson, who's 5'11.

BIG difference.

And you have no idea who good of a passer he'll become because he's only appeared in less than a dozen games and with crap wide receivers to boot.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9796559)
Hate to admit it, but there isn't a player I want to be a bust as a 2nd year starter more than this ****er. I can't stand guys that think their shit doesn't stink, but try to play themselves as humble to the public. I hope he throws 30 picks and rushes for under 300 yards.

You certainly have a dark outlook on life if that's what you get from a picture.

I'm sure you never did anything as evil as this when you were 23 years old.

The horror.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796575)

And you have no idea who good of a passer he'll become because he's only appeared in less than a dozen games and with crap wide receivers to boot.

This is true but I think he could also end up like a Vick type player and his passing never really develop once the wheels slow down.

I personally think he takes a big step backwards this year. Teams will figure out a way to make him pass and if he cant do that consistently he is going to have issues and he showed a big propensity to turn the ball over.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9796532)
There's a difference between ignorance and stupidity.

The guy went to the University of Nevada. He grew up in a small town which wasn't an NFL town. A lot of these guys coming from college to the NFL don't understand the fandom, don't understand the loyalty (and hate) and so on.

Personally, I think it's silly but obviously, others disagree and call him "stupid".

Really?

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796579)
You certainly have a dark outlook on life if that's what you get from a picture.

I'm sure you never did anything as evil as this when you were 23 years old.

The horror.

Nope, **** this guy, Dane.

Over a hat.

Pablo 07-07-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9796235)
I wish we had these problems.

ALEX SMITH WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

And by something like that; I mean lead a team to a SB appearance.

KCUnited 07-07-2013 11:54 AM

SF will know how we feel when they lose Kaep to Miami in free agency to fulfill a childhood dream.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796583)
The guy went to the University of Nevada. He grew up in a small town which wasn't an NFL town. A lot of these guys coming from college to the NFL don't understand the fandom, don't understand the loyalty (and hate) and so on.

Personally, I think it's silly but obviously, others disagree and call him "stupid".

Really?

Dane you dont have to be a member of MENSA to realize that you play QB for the Niners so you shouldn't wear a Dolphins hat.

That is unexplainable stupid really.

Its hilarious you are trying to spin this. Like I said let Alex Smith pull this and see what happens.

J Diddy 07-07-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796591)
Dane you dont have member of Mensa to realize that you play QB for the Niners so you shouldn't wear a Dolphins hat.

Its hilarious you are trying to spin this. Like I said let Alex Smith pull this and see what happens.

Maybe he just likes dolphins.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796586)
Nope, **** this guy, Dane.

Over a hat.

Its not about "the hat" its about the lack of situational awareness do you really not get that?

Then look at his response, I'm going to do what I want **** you.

Genious.

LoneWolf 07-07-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796575)
First off, he's 23 years old. He's not 33 years old and on the verge of breaking down (like Rothlisberger). As big, fast and mobile as he is, it's going to take a helluva defense and an elite defender in order to knock him out permanently.

The guy isn't RGIII, who's only 6'2 210 pounds. He's 6'5, 240 and he's got plenty of room on his frame to grow. He's not Russell Wilson, who's 5'11.

BIG difference.

Again, Dane, I stated he would last as long as his legs held up and after that he would fall back into the average category. I never predicted his getting injured, but it does happen. Being big doesn't make you any less susceptible to a knee injury.

What about my initial claim do you disagree with? Do you think that if Kaepernick lost his exceptional running ability that he would ever be an upper echelon QB? If so, then we disagree, but neither one of us knows if the other is correct.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796581)
This is true but I think he could also end up like a Vick type player and his passing never really develop once the wheels slow down.

That's pure, unadulterated speculation.

Was Michael Vick 6'5, 240 pounds at age 23? Did Michael Vick just lead his team to the Super Bowl at age 23? Did Michael Vick throw for more than 1,800 yards, 10 TD's and 3 INT's in half a season, then lead his team to a Super Bowl?

The only comparison that should be made to Vick is skin color. Kaepernick is closer to Steve Young, although he's far more developed than Young. It took Young six years in the USFL and NFL to rival Kaepernick's half a season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796581)
I personally think he takes a big step backwards this year. Teams will figure out a way to make him pass and if he cant do that consistently he is going to have issues and he showed a big propensity to turn the ball over.

No way. If there's one team that can stop him, it's the Seattle Seahawks, because they have a truly elite defense. But teams aren't just going to make him look like Matt Cassel because game film exists. Game film existed last year and people couldn't stop him.

Rasputin 07-07-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796573)
I guess maybe my standards for intelligence are higher than some. Its a dumbass move and shows he is in fact a dumbass. My wife who cares 0 about football when I asked her what she though about it said "what an idiot".

Not to mention if I were the guy writing his checks, the one with the Niner logo on them, I would be ****ing pissed.

Does the "hat" effect what happens on the field? No other than it brings his intelligence into question and if you dont understand that, dont know what to tell you.

And like I stated if Alex Smith did that you would have a ****ing field day with it.

I agree that owner should be ****ing pissed. He should trade back for Alex Smith with Kaepernicky and give us their second round pick is how pissed off he should be. He should not stand for this any longer. Clark Hunt should feel sympathetic to that owner and make the deal happen. This should make the Alex Smith fans from San Fran be happy they get their quarterback back. I think this would teach Kaepernick a valuable lesson and would grind for the Chiefs.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796583)

Really?

Because they are professional athletes, and it's a business. In the FA era, a lot of these guys are friends off the field, vacation together, etc. Hell, you see them laughing and carrying on after games while still on the field.

"Rivalries" are for the fans. Nothing more.

KCUnited 07-07-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796600)
Because they are professional athletes, and it's a business. In the FA era, a lot of these guys are friends off the field, vacation together, etc. Hell, you see them laughing and carrying on after games while still on the field.

Like Bowe and Charles getting Manning's autograph after a loss, which 73% of The Planet had no problem with.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796600)

Yea we shouldn't expect him to know better. LMAO

You would defend any talented player who is not a Chief for just about anything.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9796602)
Like Bowe and Charles getting Manning's autograph after a loss, which 73% of The Planet had no problem with.

You really think those 2 things are similar? So Bowe wearing a Broncos hat would fly?

LMAO

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9796602)

But, they're Chiefs. It's OK.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9796597)
Again, Dane, I stated he would last as long as his legs held up and after that he would fall back into the average category. I never predicted his getting injured, but it does happen. Being big doesn't make you any less susceptible to a knee injury.

But that's just silly. "Well, if Aaron Rodgers has tears his shoulder, he'll never be the same".

We can do that all day.

Quote:

What about my initial claim do you disagree with? Do you think that if Kaepernick lost his exceptional running ability that he would ever be an upper echelon QB?

What about his exceptional arm? The dude is a BEAST. If he hadn't chosen the NFL, he'd be in AA ball right now for a MLB team and if it were a playoff team, it's likely that he'd be called up this year if he could help them.

Again, the guy walked out on the mound two weeks ago and threw an 87 mph strike. And you think the guy won't be an elite passer?

Quote:

If so, then we disagree, but neither one of us knows if the other is correct.

Well, I have eleven games and a history of baseball to back me up. You're just speculating.

KCUnited 07-07-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796605)
You really think those 2 things are similar? So Bowe wearing a Broncos hat would fly?

LMAO

No Chiefs player owns any gear of any other NFL team.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Seriously, who cares? It's his private life.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

LMAO

As long as he produces on Sundays, I could give a shit.

It's a ****ing hat.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796591)
Dane you dont have to be a member of MENSA to realize that you play QB for the Niners so you shouldn't wear a Dolphins hat.

Spin? LMAO

This isn't the 1950's. Bears and Packers don't fight each other in real life. The NFL is a fraternity; a brotherhood. Do you really think that Aldon Smith is losing sleep or posting anonymously on a message board because he's pissed off that his QB wore a Dolphins hat?

Seriously? If so, you have absolutely zero understanding of these kids.

Nada.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 12:03 PM

Hell, I'd bet there are NFL players who have the logo of another team TATTOOED on their body.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796598)
That's pure, unadulterated speculation.

Was Michael Vick 6'5, 240 pounds at age 23? Did Michael Vick just lead his team to the Super Bowl at age 23? Did Michael Vick throw for more than 1,800 yards, 10 TD's and 3 INT's in half a season, then lead his team to a Super Bowl?

Not speculation, Kap is going to turn the ball over, wait and see.

I also find it interesting that the 49ers defense "led" the team to within 1 play of the SB but Kap "led" the team to the SB last year with that same if not better defense.

I know dude is mega talented no denying it but he just about ****ed himself into a corner before they made the SB and then probably cost them the SB.

Rather than compare him to Vick I would say he is more Cam Newton like. Not sure what the ceiling is there.

LoneWolf 07-07-2013 12:05 PM

What does his ability to throw a baseball have to do with anything in this thread? There have been countless QBs with great arms that weren't great passers in the NFL. His ability to throw a football a long distance and at a high rate of speed is a nice tool to have, but it doesn't guarantee success in the NFL.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796617)
Hell, I'd bet there are NFL players who have the logo of another team TATTOOED on their body.

Former teams or teams tats they got prior to the NFL, sure.

I deal with Coke and Pepsi both as clients at work, and we have done some product for DPSU (Dr Pepper/7Up).

These companies ****ing hate each other. At Pepsi's corporate office their front entrance has a floor mat with a Coke symbol in it and it says "Wipe Feet Here".

Its not difficult to understand.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796398)
Sorry dude, it's dumb and shows he is dumb. There is no way to spin it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9796418)
Pretty much. I am not inclined to overreact and crucify him for it, but it is unfortunate that he did this and more so that he responded the way he did about the criticism of it.

I have been worried that he turns into a massive douche over the years. Sure, he has the cocky swag going strong, but what obviously matters most is that he works hard and plays at a high level. I can still hope he matures quickly and the swag does not grow into something truly problematic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796535)
That's about the biggest crock of shit you have ever posted. Pure bullshit.

Look at the company you keep, Lil' Chiefy. LOOK AT IT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9796587)
ALEX SMITH WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

And by something like that; I mean lead a team to a SB appearance.

Finally; sanity.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796623)
Former teams or teams tats they got prior to the NFL, sure.

I deal with Coke and Pepsi both as clients at work, and we have dome some product for DPSU (Dr Pepper/7Up).

These companies ****ing hate each other. At Pepsi's corporate office their front entrance has a floor mat with a Coke symbol in it and it says "Wipe Feet Here".

Its not difficult to understand.

Pro athletes don't hate each other. It's no longer 1950. It's a business.

It's not difficult to understand.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9796625)
Look at the company you keep, Lil' Chiefy. LOOK AT IT.

Finally; sanity.

As soon as you disagree with my post its all the confirmation I need that I am correct.

LoneWolf 07-07-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796609)
But that's just silly. "Well, if Aaron Rodgers has tears his shoulder, he'll never be the same".

Are you seriously equating a knee injury to a throwing shoulder injury for an NFL quarterback? That would be like comparing a sprained ankle to Tommy John surgery for a MLB pitcher.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 12:10 PM

Pick an NFL player at random, and go to his home.

Chances are good that he has a basement/bar/etc covered in autographed jerseys from players on other teams.

OK to hang on the wall, but wear it and you're crucified?

It's ****ing laundry. Who gives a shit.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796626)

WTF do players relationships have to do with knowing you are a Niner and your fans dont want to see you wear Dolphins gear?

JFC this discussion is unbelievable.

I am convinced you would support any talented non Chiefs player in any situation.

You probably think Hernandez is not guilty as well.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796626)

Yeah, it's not like these guys see each other and hang out off the field either.

But, they should always put their goddamned, idiot true fans first in every aspect of their lives!

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796634)

Chances are good that he has a basement/bar/etc covered in autographed jerseys from players on other teams.

I'm pretty sure Jimmy Johnson has a Home Depot hat in his trophy room. LMAO

jd1020 07-07-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796635)
WTF do players relationships have to do with knowing you are a Niner and your fans dont want to see you wear Dolphins gear?

I am convinced you would support any talented non Chiefs player in any situation.

Bringing up a murder in a fashion discussion. Awesome!

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:12 PM

Since this is so common place why do we not see this all the time?

Oh I know why because the other 99.5% of the players are ****ing smarter than this.

The proof is right in front of you.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796635)

Funny, just a few posts ago I said I would support Dwayne Bowe in the exact same situation.

But you ignored that, so you could continue with your asinine argument that I'm defending Kap because he's NOT a Chief.

Childish.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9796638)
Bringing up a murder in a fashion discussion. Awesome!

I knew one of you would somehow miss the correlation.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796618)
Not speculation, Kap is going to turn the ball over, wait and see.

LMAO

That's not speculation? Good God, have you lost your mind?

Quote:

I also find it interesting that the 49ers defense "led" the team to within 1 play of the SB but Kap "led" the team to the SB last year with that same if not better defense.

?

Quote:

I know dude is mega talented no denying it but he just about ****ed himself into a corner before they made the SB and then probably cost them the SB.

What? Almost cost them the Super Bowl? Your football acumen, seriously, it like a 2 on a scale of 100.

:eek:

Quote:

Rather than compare him to Vick I would say he is more Cam Newton like. Not sure what the ceiling is there.

LMAO

The crazy thing is that Cam Newton hasn't even begun to reach his potential because like Kaep, he's had exactly ONE wide receiver, a broken down 32 year old, no TE, broken RB's and a bad head coach.

Yet, he's still provided 40 TD's through the air and another 22 TD's on the ground. If he played for Baltimore, they'd go 19-0. If he played for Seattle, they'd go 19-0. Instead, he plays for a shit team that's gone 7-9 in consecutive seasons.

His ceiling is so high it can't be seen.

jd1020 07-07-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796644)
I know one of you idiots would somehow miss the correlation.

There isn't a correlation.

KCUnited 07-07-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796634)

Get photographed wearing it and get crucified. No one knows what guys are wearing on a day to day basis.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9796621)
What does his ability to throw a baseball have to do with anything in this thread? There have been countless QBs with great arms that weren't great passers in the NFL. His ability to throw a football a long distance and at a high rate of speed is a nice tool to have, but it doesn't guarantee success in the NFL.

How about the fact that he's done both?

Are you kidding me or just yanking my chain?

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796643)
Funny, just a few posts ago I said I would support Dwayne Bowe in the exact same situation.

But you ignored that, so you could continue with your asinine argument that I'm defending Kap because he's NOT a Chief.

Childish.

If Bowe did it I would think he was a moron. Thing is Bowe who probably isn't a genious, is smarter than that.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9796633)
Are you seriously equating a knee injury to a throwing shoulder injury for an NFL quarterback? That would be like comparing a sprained ankle to Tommy John surgery for a MLB pitcher.

You're the one that stated that if Kaep's legs were injured, he'd be ineffective as a QB, which is complete speculation, but the same could be said for any QB.

Trent Green wasn't a "Running QB" and it took him the better part of three seasons to be able to plant his foot and throw effectively.

jd1020 07-07-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796651)
If Bowe did it I would think he was a moron. Thing is Bowe who probably isn't a genious, is smarter than that.

At least there is still a chance that he's a genius.

ARROW2 07-07-2013 12:20 PM

Het T-Post, get my mistress out of your avatar!!!! She fine as a mofo...

LoneWolf 07-07-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796657)
You're the one that stated that if Kaep's legs were injured, he'd be ineffective as a QB, which is complete speculation, but the same could be said for any QB.

Trent Green wasn't a "Running QB" and it took him the better part of three seasons to be able to plant his foot and throw effectively.

I said he'd be average, not ineffective. You're reaching here.

I don't wish for Kaepernick to get injured or that he plays poorly. It's just my opinion that he has less ability than other running QBs to be successful after he has lost the ability to be an elite runner.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796645)
LMAO

That's not speculation? Good God, have you lost your mind?

?

What? Almost cost them the Super Bowl? Your football acumen, seriously, it like a 2 on a scale of 100.

:eek:

LMAO

The crazy thing is that Cam Newton hasn't even begun to reach his potential because like Kaep, he's had exactly ONE wide receiver, a broken down 32 year old, no TE, broken RB's and a bad head coach.

Yet, he's still provided 40 TD's through the air and another 22 TD's on the ground. If he played for Baltimore, they'd go 19-0. If he played for Seattle, they'd go 19-0. Instead, he plays for a shit team that's gone 7-9 in consecutive seasons.

His ceiling is so high it can't be seen.

Since when are pick 6's good for winning games?

I was reffering to 2011 vs 2012 Niners. One team was led by the defense and magically the other was led by KAp. You understand that or are intentionally being obtuse.

I dont believe Cam Newton will ever sniff a SB.

Talent is huge, but the QB position is also very mental and I dont think Cam Newton and Kap will prepare or take it as seriously as Steve Young for example. I think they believe their talent will be enough.

Its not about race either, I think Warren Moon was a phenomenal QB.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796657)

Carson Palmer is far from a running QB, and he's struggled ever since he got Kimo von Oelhoffen'd.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9796658)
At least there is still a chance that he's a genius.

How long you been here?

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796668)
Carson Palmer is far from a running QB, and he's struggled ever since he got Kimo von Oelhoffen'd.

I really dont ever remember another QB dropping off that fast, he was arguably top 5 and rolling and then boom.

LoneWolf 07-07-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796668)

Tom Brady was Pollarded and he has been completely awful since then.

jd1020 07-07-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796673)
How long you been here?

Are you gonna claim CP lexicon on that one? Sure thing... you aren't an idiot :rolleyes:

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9796677)
Are you gonna claim CP lexicon on that one? Sure thing... you aren't an idiot :rolleyes:

Dude I use Firefox with spell check or else my spelling would probably be worse. I type like shit.

I know exactly what I'm posting genious.

Sandy Vagina 07-07-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796667)
Talent is huge, but the QB position is also very mental and I dont think Cam Newton and Kap will prepare or take it as seriously as Steve Young for example. I think they believe their talent will be enough.

You could end up being right, but Kaep hasn't done anything to suggest he won't prepare like the best of them. His work ethic was said to be very strong prior to being drafted and since.

Opinions on wearing the Dolphins hat can understandably vary... but much of what you have been saying is speculation. That's fine, as long as you accept it as just that.

jd1020 07-07-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796683)
Dude I use Firefox with spell check or else my spelling would probably be worse. I type like shit.

I know exactly what I'm posting genious.

So when you are saying that someone likely isn't a "genious" are you in fact saying that there is a chance that he is a genius?

Just want to clear this up.

Saul Good 07-07-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796398)
Sorry dude, it's dumb and shows he is dumb. There is no way to spin it.

You've convinced me. He's ****ed. His career is over.

Ming the Merciless 07-07-2013 12:35 PM

commence epic ****ing melt down in SF when the offense ****ing sputters this season....personally I am gonna LOL even though I dont hate the niners

Ming the Merciless 07-07-2013 12:39 PM

shit it might be a good time to grab some user names on the niner forums and get them vetted for a couple months prior to the shit hitting the fan

Crapper-nick?
Kap-tain Suck
CollinKrapper
KrapOnMyDik

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9796695)
You've convinced me. He's ****ed. His career is over.

Not saying that just saying its ****ing stupid. And it is.

Cannibal 07-07-2013 12:45 PM

It's certainly not a good way to ingratiate yourself to your fanbase which tend to value things like loyalty to the franchise.

jd1020 07-07-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9796720)
It's certainly not a good way to ingratiate yourself to your fanbase which tend to value things like loyalty to the franchise.

I hope their fans revolt until the team gets Smith back. SO9ers.

TheUte 07-07-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796708)
Not saying that just saying its ****ing stupid. And it is.

In theory it shouldn't be that big of deal, I get it.

But what It shows is how immature he truly is and that he makes bad decisions.

If you are an athlete getting set to make a ton money, why do stupid shit and just to be stupid.

Sometimes its not the act itself its the lack of thought that went into the act.

It ****ing asinine.

Cannibal 07-07-2013 12:52 PM

He's not stupid. He scored in the top 5 of all starting QB's with the Wonderlic, I believe. He's just hard headed and immature.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796667)
Since when are pick 6's good for winning games?

I was reffering to 2011 vs 2012 Niners. One team was led by the defense and magically the other was led by KAp. You understand that or are intentionally being obtuse.

I dont believe Cam Newton will ever sniff a SB.

Its not about race either, I think Warren Moon was a phenomenal QB.

More speculation. Let's hammer a 23 year old that broke existing rookie passing records because YOU happen to think he's dumb.

Your football I.Q. just went down a notch to 1 out of 100.

Cannibal 07-07-2013 12:57 PM

Blaine Gabbert – 42
Alex Smith – 40
Eli Manning – 39
Matt Flynn – 38
Colin Kaepernick – 38
Matt Stafford – 38
Andrew Luck – 37
Tony Romo – 37
Sam Bradford – 36
Christian Ponder – 35
Aaron Rodgers – 35

See more at: http://basketfootball.com/wonderlic-....q4J69Gu8.dpuf

Marcellus 07-07-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796749)
More speculation. Let's hammer a 23 year old that broke existing rookie passing records because YOU happen to think he's dumb.

Your football I.Q. just went down a notch to 1 out of 100.

LMAO I don't need to be a football genius to know its stupid to wear another teams hat.

Setsuna 07-07-2013 01:09 PM

Only on Chiefs Planet. I bet if Gabbert did something like this, this thread would get 25 responses. Envy makes you all look ridiculous. Dane and OTWP are the only sane ones that I've seen.

-King- 07-07-2013 01:10 PM

He went to a beach with a hat. It's not like he endorsed the Dolphins or anything. WTF?

Ming the Merciless 07-07-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9796759)
Blaine Gabbert – 42
Alex Smith – 40
Eli Manning – 39
Matt Flynn – 38
Colin Kaepernick – 38
Matt Stafford – 38
Andrew Luck – 37
Tony Romo – 37
Sam Bradford – 36
Christian Ponder – 35
Aaron Rodgers – 35

See more at: http://basketfootball.com/wonderlic-....q4J69Gu8.dpuf

Maybe you can OVER think shit instead of just reading and reacting? Ill take any of these "reeruns" over those guys (aside from Rodgers & Luck maybe), especially the 'genmiouses' at the top of the list

Brady - 33
Drew Brees - 28
Peyton Manning 28
Russel Wilson -28
Joe Flacco - 27
Rapist-Burger 25

jd1020 07-07-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9796802)
Maybe you can OVER think shit instead of just reading and reacting? Ill take any of these "reeruns" over those guys (aside from Rodgers & Luck maybe)

Drew Brees - 28
Peyton Manning 28
Russel Wilson -28
Joe Flacco - 27
Rapist-Burger 25

Don't like Rodgers, eh?

... Damn your edit.

Ming the Merciless 07-07-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9796810)

... Damn your edit.

was a work in progress....LOL sorry

Ming the Merciless 07-07-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9796810)
Don't like Rodgers, eh?

He barely 'makes the cut' of wonderlic geniouses. (i missed him on 1st glance, so had to edit it)...LOL! brady only scored 33....

Phobia 07-07-2013 01:30 PM

It is just a stupid hat. But it's bad form. It's especially bad form to act like a complete dick when called on it. The dude is under contract to the Niners. It's similar to endorsing Nike but wearing Adidas gear around town. It's not the right thing to do for the brand and for the fans. There's a reason why tens of thousands of NFL players have never really run into this problem before. They have a brain.

MahiMike 07-07-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9796532)
There's a difference between ignorance and stupidity.

Exactly. You are the face of the franchise. You just don't do that shit. Wearing the hat is one thing. Acting like it doesn't matter shows ignorance. His agent needs to talk to him pronto.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9796836)
It is just a stupid hat. But it's bad form. It's especially bad form to act like a complete dick when called on it. The dude is under contract to the Niners. It's similar to endorsing Nike but wearing Adidas gear around town. It's not the right thing to do for the brand and for the fans. There's a reason why tens of thousands of NFL players have never really run into this problem before. They have a brain.

Yea what I have been trying to explain to OTWP and Dane.

The proof it is stupid right in front of you. Nobody else is this stupid so it doesn't happen.

The Franchise 07-07-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796551)
The crock is people acting as if this is disrespecting his teammates - that it's going to affect what happens between the lines on Sunday afternoons.

It's a ****ing hat.

This.

Bunch of sandy ****ing vaginas getting worked up over nothing.