ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Donovan McNabb Says Stafford Hasn't Earned His Contract (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274430)

Deberg_1990 07-10-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804231)
Let me get this straight, you propose that any QB that has had marginal success (Romo and Stafford) should get a block buster deal when the time comes because Oh shit what else are they going to do?

BTW did you not follow this offseason and draft? CP fully believes any young QB is a talented QB and could have been had in rounds 1 -4 this year and we ****ed up so why not Dallas, Baltimore or Detroit?

This thread is hilarious, its the exact opposite of the predraft threads.

No, I'm just saying Dallas and Detroit had to resign those guys because there wasn't a better alternative. Nothing proven. Of course they stay stagnant somewhat, but both these franchises have a lot bigger problems than QB.

O.city 07-10-2013 08:19 PM

Is detroit being bad all on Stafford?

There is some double standard going here. Look at the coaching the guy has had. I don't see how you can defend Alex smith and his early career then flip on Stafford who has more physical ability and has shown thus much

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9804290)
No, I'm just saying Dallas and Detroit had to resign those guys because there wasn't a better alternative. Nothing proven. Of course they stay stagnant somewhat, but both these franchises have a lot bigger problems than QB.

I will say this Detroit was smart enough to not make it a long term deal which tells you how much they believe in Stafford.

Mostly guaranteed so Stafford gets most of it locked up and they can get out soon if its a bust.

Mav 07-10-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804299)
I will say this Detroit was smart enough to not make it a long term deal which tells you how much they believe in Stafford.

Mostly guaranteed so Stafford gets most of it locked up and they can get out soon if its a bust.

I would have to believe that is more from Staffords agents. If the team doesn't improve, he can get out sooner and get to a franchise that has a clue. The lions are inept.

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9804293)
Is detroit being bad all on Stafford?

There is some double standard going here. Look at the coaching the guy has had. I don't see how you can defend Alex smith and his early career then flip on Stafford who has more physical ability and has shown thus much

Oh I agree, completely and said that earlier in this thread. People are apologizing for Stafford and saying think how good he would be with real coaching.

The same people bashing Smith early in his career.

The same people bashing Smith for being injury prone.

But hey, let Stafford be injury prone then throw it 45 times a game for under 60% completion to the best WR in football and he must be a complete stud who cant be turned lose.

Nope no double standard here.

And to be clear I have never said Smith needs a big contract he hasn't earned (AKA CAssel).

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804281)
Stafford is a prime example of CP lust for another QB no matter who it is.

I'd just like a QB who can make all the throws, please.

Stafford would get even more money on the open market.

And the Lions know this.

Years of "winning" with shit QBs have convinced our moronic fanbase that "overpaying" for someone like Stafford is stupid.

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804307)

And the Lions know this.

Years of "winning" with shit QBs have convinced our moronic fanbase that "overpaying" for someone like Stafford is stupid.

Someone like Stafford?

You mean Jeff George.

Mav 07-10-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804307)

And the Lions know this.

Not everyone. The chiefs may have overpaid with draft picks, a 2nd and 3rd in your eyes, but they certainly aren't over paying with the check book. 8 mil, is average. Perfect for a shitty no arm sorry sack of shit qb that you claim alex smith is.

Mav 07-10-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804305)
Oh I agree, completely and said that earlier in this thread. People are apologizing for Stafford and saying think how good he would be with real coaching.

The same people bashing Smith early in his career.

The same people bashing Smith for being injury prone.

But hey, let Stafford be injury prone then throw it 45 times a game for under 60% completion to the best WR in football and he must be a complete stud who cant be turned lose.

Nope no double standard here.

And to be clear I have never said Smith needs a big contract he hasn't earned (AKA CAssel).

that's a good point. People have pointed out his coaching, and talent surrounding him. But let me make that argument for alex, and im a dumb ass homer who needs to shut up. Hell he never even had a calvin to throw to.

O.city 07-10-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804309)
Someone like Stafford?

You mean Jeff George.

That's a terrible comparison.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 08:32 PM

Yeah, no shit.

Now just because a guy has a strong arm and underachieves a little bit early in his career he's Jeff George?

GMAFB

Sorter 07-10-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

He's under contract for the next 5 years. I wouldn't call that short term.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 08:34 PM

The Lions have had one winning season in 12 years, and it's because of Matt Stafford.

He's definitely overpaid though.

O.city 07-10-2013 08:35 PM

Had he hit free agency I'd have had to problems with the Chiefs giving him a huge deal.

Although I think he would be a perfect fit in a norv offense

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804317)
The Lions have had one winning season in 12 years, and it's because of Matt Stafford.

So you bashed Smith for 1.5 winning season in his career and its all his fault but Stafford has 1 and its not his fault.

Gotcha slick.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9804311)
But let me make that argument for alex, and im a dumb ass homer who needs to shut up. .

Yes, you are.

The 49ers had the #1 defense.

Stafford has never played with a defense ranked higher than 23rd.

He's never had any kind of running game to speak of.

So just shut your stupid homer mouth.

Mav 07-10-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804317)

You sure about that? They started off 5-0, because of their, wait for it, DEFENSE. Stafford had a great year, but most of his yards came later in the season when they were having shootouts and their defense slowed down....

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804322)
Yes, you are.

Excuses aren't made for franchise QB's Clay, that's why they are franchise.

I remember that time when Brees cried about his defense. Oh wait that never ****ing happened.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804321)
So you bashed Smith for 1.5 winning season in his career and its all his fault but Stafford has 1 and its not his fault.

Gotcha slick.

Stafford has only started three years in the league, nimrod.

Does everything have to be explained to you?

Put Alex Smith on the 2011 Detroit Lions. Do you think they come CLOSE to 10-6?

Mav 07-10-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804322)
Yes, you are.

He's never had any kind of running game to speak of.

The 49ers have not had the number one defense since their super bowl winning season of 2004. They were second in ppg to the ravens in 11, and about 4th overall. They were however first in TO differential.

Where do you get these facts? Oh, yeah, never mind.....

O.city 07-10-2013 08:37 PM

Stafford is most certainly not a game manager.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9804327)
The 49ers have not had the number one defense since their super bowl winning season of 2004. They were second in ppg to the ravens in 11, and about 4th overall. They were however first in TO differential.

Where do you get these facts? Oh, yeah, never mind.....

#1, #2, whatever.

Stafford's defenses suck ass.

Alex Smith's have been near the top of the league.

You have ZERO ground to stand on.

Mav 07-10-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804326)

Does everything have to be explained to you?

Put Alex Smith on the 2011 Detroit Lions. Do you think they come CLOSE to 10-6?

put Stafford on the 2011 49ers, they don't go 13-3. Stafford would of had no one to throw to. The 49ers since Nolan was coach, and gm, built the defense. And that continued until just recently with Harbaugh. Why are we doing this again?

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9804328)
Stafford is most certainly not a game manager.

Nor is he close to being an efficient passer.

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804330)
#1, #2, whatever.

Franchise Qb's dont need excuses Clay.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9804331)
put Stafford on the 2011 49ers, they don't go 13-3.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

You obtuse piece of flotsam.

They probably go 14-2.

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804334)
LMAO LMAO LMAO

You obtuse piece of flotsam.

They probably go 14-2.

So Stafford is worth 1 more win?

**** unload the Brinx truck!

LMAO

Saul Good 07-10-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

You have this completely backwards. Short contracts with a ton of guaranteed money are impossible to get out of.

You think that it's easier to cut a guy and have to eat a $30,000,000 cap hit just to save $5,000,000 in salary than it is to cut a guy who has a back-loaded deal and less guaranteed money (small cap hit)? That's insane.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 08:41 PM

There you have it, folks.

Alex Smith Homer Deluxe has declared that Alex Smith is a better QB than Matt Stafford.

God, I hope you get struck by lightning.

Mav 07-10-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804330)
#1, #2, whatever.

actually, I have a ton of ground to stand on.

You have to factor in a lot of factors. One, the 49ers rarely trail in the 4th quarter. the 49ers always win the field position battle, the 49ers under alex smith had the number one rushing attack in football. There is a reason the 49ers defense was so much better under alex smith, than Kaepernick. The 49ers under alex smith were mythodical chain movers. Kaepernicks 49ers were more up tempo, which exposed our defense more.

I have a TON of ground to stand on. I don't mind having these little sissy girl slap fights with you on the boards, but if you want to get real about the situation, just let me know. There are TONS of factors why alex smith only averaged about 170 yards passing in 2011. Just continue on ****ing with the non 49er fans who didn't watch every single down in 2011.

Boy, ill bury you on this board lol.

O.city 07-10-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804332)
Nor is he close to being an efficient passer.

Well, frankly he doesn't have to be in that type of offense. Same with flacco. They're guys who really aren't very accurate and would be shot in a timing wco.

But if you throw it deep the way they do, you don't really have to be efficient

O.city 07-10-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9804339)
actually, I have a ton of ground to stand on.

You have to factor in a lot of factors. One, the 49ers rarely trail in the 4th quarter. the 49ers always win the field position battle, the 49ers under alex smith had the number one rushing attack in football. There is a reason the 49ers defense was so much better under alex smith, than Kaepernick. The 49ers under alex smith were mythodical chain movers. Kaepernicks 49ers were more up tempo, which exposed our defense more.

I have a TON of ground to stand on. I don't mind having these little sissy girl slap fights with you on the boards, but if you want to get real about the situation, just let me know. There are TONS of factors why alex smith only averaged about 170 yards passing in 2011. Just continue on ****ing with the non 49er fans who didn't watch every single down in 2011.

Boy, ill bury you on this board lol.

And that's all good, but in a traditional Andy Reid offense, not sure

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9804337)
You have this completely backwards. Short contracts with a ton of guaranteed money are impossible to get out of.

You think that it's easier to cut a guy and have to eat a $30,000,000 cap hit just to save $5,000,000 in salary than it is to cut a guy who has a back-loaded deal and less guaranteed money (small cap hit)? That's insane.

Not really its a short deal and it has been reported that that is surprising. He was in line for an 8+ year deal dude.

O.city 07-10-2013 08:45 PM

And some of the reason he only did what he did, is because he is who he is

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804338)

Alex Smith Homer Deluxe has declared that Alex Smith is a better QB than Matt Stafford.

Dude you just declared Stafford was worth 1 more win then Smith, you need to STFU or give Alex a big extension.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804346)
Dude you just declared Stafford was worth 1 more win then Smith, you need to STFU or give Alex a big extension.

The 49ers are probably back to back Super Bowl champions with Matt Stafford.

GFY

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 08:48 PM

I'm actually rooting for Alex Smith to fail now.

I don't give a shit what Chiefs fans think of that.

That is how much I hate you, Alex Smith Fan.

I'm willing to cut my nose off to spite my face.

Mav 07-10-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804338)

Actually, Yes, Alex Smith, in a Jim Harbaugh offense, is much better than the sometimes wildly inaccurate and gunslinger type that is Matt Stafford. It takes a lot of discipline, to read a defense and decide that a run is better than a pass. It takes a lot of discipline to decide when not to throw a pass, and by the way. He wouldn't of had CALVIN JOHNSON to throw to.

is he more talented that Alex Smith, and this is the point I have tried to get across to you, and it just wont stick with you. A lot of qbs problems, are when they try to do too much, and end up with a crap load of turnovers and cost their teams. Especially when they have BAD DEFENSES, that aren't capable of rescuing them. IE the lions, Ie the chiefs last year.

You are such a little fish in a huge pond when it comes to actual knowledge. You have a very myopic view of football, and the nuances that go with it.

You always talk about this 49ers defense, but never in your tiny little mind, wonder why, and how they were that good. They just were.

The 49ers constantly won the time of possession battle, the turnover battle, and the field position battle. That's why the 49ers had a top 5 defense.

And alex smith, and their time eating, methodical offense, was part of that.

Alex Smiths efficiency on first down throws, having a rating of 112, was better than any qb in football. His penchance for taking care of the football and being risk adverse, taking a sack instead of a wild pick, (which Stafford is well known for) is a reason that the 49ers defense was so good. Also you dope, when you have the lead in the 4th quarter, you can run out the clock with your run game, and don't have to throw the ball.

These are just the bare minimums of WHY the 49ers were successful in 2011. I don't expect you to understand. Hell you are probably brain cramping right now at this. And your response will be typical gibberish. Duhhhh they didn't throw the ball because alex smiff sucks.

Which I wont sit here and say he is the greatest qb ever, or even great. But hes not nearly as shitty as you want people to believe, and your explanation for why he is, is always wrong and off base.

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804347)
The 49ers are probably back to back Super Bowl champions with Matt Stafford.

GFY

That's not what you said asshat and you have no way of knowing that.

I tell you what I bet you KC wins more games than SF this season.

What you want to bet? I will make it realistic like a new Chippendale blowup doll for you or a subscription to Playboy for me.

What you say?

Mav 07-10-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804349)

GMAFB.....

You were already rooting for this entire thing to blow up, so you didn't get caught in another Matt Cassel incident. Get over it. everyone understood why, now you just stated the obvious lol.

No one cares clay. No one does really. Come opening day, all the alex smith haters, all the alex smith lovers, all the chiefs fans will be pulling the same way. for the chiefs to win, and alex smith to succeed.

Even you. And if not, you are going to have a miserable ****ing season.

and furthermore. To show you just how full of shit you are. Look at my sig. that's the bet YOU WANTED. You already betted that alex smith was going to fail. So don't come with this, NOW I HOPE HE FAILS bullshit.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804353)

LMAO

Mav 07-10-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9804342)
And that's all good, but in a traditional Andy Reid offense, not sure

shrugs. Ive stated many times, that even I don't know how this is going to work..... Im with you.

Sorter 07-10-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804353)
That's not what you said asshat and you have no way of knowing that.

What you want to bet? I will make it realistic like a new Chippendale blowup doll for you or a subscription to Playboy for me.

What you say?

I'm your huckleberry.

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804356)
LMAO

I know which part you are laughing at, nice edit.

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9804361)
I'm your huckleberry.

Really? You want a Chippendale blowup doll?

NTTIAWWT

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 08:55 PM

You can't be serious with that bet, can you?

I mean that's like stealing candy from a baby. A reeruned baby.

Sorter 07-10-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804363)
Really? You want a Chippendale blowup doll?

NTTIAWWT

I mean, free stuff is always nice.

Mav 07-10-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9804361)
I'm your huckleberry.

Not as easy as you would think.

The 49ers are going to have a hard time trying to finish second in that division.

The rams who went 4-1-1 against that division, got better, the Seahawks got better. The cardinals who always play the 49ers tough, got better coaching, and a better qb, and a better oline. The 49ers schedule is a lot tougher, Kaep has to prove he can play when people know what to expect, and has to prove he can play without crabtree.

I have the 49ers finishing at 9-7, and third in that division. Their schedule is BRUTAL.

Marcellus 07-10-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804364)
You can't be serious with that bet, can you?

I mean that's like stealing candy from a baby. A reeruned baby.

Sure what you want.

SF is about to crash. SB loser, tough division, QB is reeruned.

O.city 07-10-2013 08:58 PM

Iirc didnt this maverick guy say the other day that he actually hopes kaepernick fails?

Mav 07-10-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9804371)
Iirc didnt this maverick guy say the other day that he actually hopes kaepernick fails?

I did. I don't like him, not at all. Whats your point? Ive been very vocal about that. Its ultimately what got me banned from the 49er board, because I haven't liked him since he was drafted.

Big difference. my dislike of Kaep is very real, and very known.

and it was in the hat thread, where he basically told all the fans to eff off. Saying he doesn't care what people think.

Then, on sportscenter the very next day, hes telling them how he cares, and wants to be better, and wants to prove the doubters wrong, basically sticking his foot in his mouth. More contradiction. Hes a clown.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804367)
Sure what you want.

LMAO

Well, I need a new graphics card. How about, when you lose this bet, you pony up the dough for a Geforce GTX 680?

O.city 07-10-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9804377)
I did. I don't like him, not at all. Whats your point? Ive been very vocal about that. Its ultimately what got me banned from the 49er board, because I haven't liked him since he was drafted.

Big difference. my dislike of Kaep is very real, and very known.

Your obviously a terrible fan the. Or so I've been told.

And that's probably the stupidest shit I've ever heard

Mav 07-10-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804378)
LMAO

Well, I need a new graphics card. How about, when you lose this bet, you pony up the dough for a Geforce GTX 680?

you two should exchange email addresses, because clay wont be here once the chiefs win game 8.......

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-10-2013 09:05 PM

A new era of stupid on ChiefsPlanet.

Mav 07-10-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9804382)
Your obviously a terrible fan the. Or so I've been told.

And that's probably the stupidest shit I've ever heard

I am? Do you say this to all of the Chiefs fans who have done nothing but bash alex smith?

Its not okay to not like a player on your team? Since when? That makes me a terrible fan because I have been an Alex Smith fan forever, and didn't like the drafting of Kaep? Sheesh. I thought you knew I was an Alex Smith fan.

Missed that one did you?

Since I have been here. Not including Alex Smith players that are continually ripped on CP.

Dexter McCluster,
Tyson Jackson,
Jon Baldwin.

yet, im a terrible fan because I liked the qb we had, and didn't like the one they drafted. My bad.....

Marcellus 07-10-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804378)
LMAO

$500 is basically what we are talking?

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804389)
$500 is basically what we are talking?

Whatever you're comfortable with. I don't want to embarrass you too much on this.

O.city 07-10-2013 09:09 PM

So you come here and tell people they're shirty fans for hoping Alex smith fails, yet you hope your own qb fails?

Ok

Mav 07-10-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9804399)
So you come here and tell people they're shirty fans for hoping Alex smith fails, yet you hope your own qb fails?

Ok

Wait. First, find where I said someone was a shitty fan. I don't care what anyone thinks of Alex Smith failing. Its not going to happen. Im not the one taking bets on their qb failing. I may say I hate Kaep, but ask me to bet against my team. And I assume you think Clay is a great fan? Im not taking bets against the 49ers, or against the Browns. Period. Yes, I do not like Kaeps attitude, or the fact that he struggles with the simplest of passes. I will be pulling for the 49ers week one, no matter what I say about Kaep. I do not like Kaep. I wont bet against my team. But, remember, you were told I was a bad fan. Stick with that bro. Im fine with that.

Also, if you look at Kaep, here is my biggest problem. His turnovers, are HORRIBLE, his inability to if a play isn't there to not turn it into something horrific, is mind boggling. If you need proof, please feel free to go watch the @ st Louis game where he cost us that game period. Go watch the Seahawks game at Seattle, and rewatch the super bowl. All games we lost, that if not for stupid bone headed decisions by him, we would of won. Ill take a qb, NOT LOSIING THE GAME, rather than always having to try to win it.

Remember, most games are LOST, not won.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 09:14 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a bet. LMAO

Mav 07-10-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804411)
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a bet. LMAO

That's two that you are going to lose this year. you will be out of money, and will have to create a new account to post here. Shitty for you son.

O.city 07-10-2013 09:17 PM

I wasn't told you were a bad fan dumbshit, according to this thread and what we've been told by your 9er friends apparently we are terrible fans for thinking whatever it is we think.

So Alex smith won't fail, yet earlier you aid you have no idea how hell do here.

Do you read what you type?

O.city 07-10-2013 09:17 PM

It's become quite fun to watch some of the arrogant idiots around here these days

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-10-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9804367)
Sure what you want.

Not as reeruned as you, obviously. Clay is about to wipe the ****ing floor with you.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2013 09:49 PM

I'll offer him a plea bargain. I feel bad taking his money.

Titty Meat 07-10-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9804386)
A new era of stupid on ChiefsPlanet.

The whole site pretty much sucks now. Its like the same 2 football arguments over and over with shitty trolls sprinkled in.

O.city 07-10-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9804500)
The whole site pretty much sucks now. Its like the same 2 football arguments over and over with shitty trolls sprunkled in.

Pretty much so. Every thread gets turned into the same thing.

keg in kc 07-10-2013 10:03 PM

Romo's contract was a joke. Stafford's a bit more understandable to me.

RealSNR 07-10-2013 10:03 PM

The Lions could win far more games if they fired the entire ****ing coaching staff and replaced everybody with competent people.

houstonwhodat 07-10-2013 10:33 PM

JFC.

Can't we all get along?

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804159)
What should the Lions do, then? You know, since Stafford hasn't earned this big contract.

What is their other option?

Stafford was already under contract for this season with an option for 2014. There was absolutely no reason for the Lions to extend him, other the salary cap number of $20 million had if not for the extension.

Personally, I believe the jury is still out on him. He's hasn't shown that he's a Franchise QB anymore than Josh Freeman has shown he's a Franchise QB.

If Freeman were in Detroit with Megatron, he'd have similar numbers, yet Tampa hasn't extended Freeman. Detroit may come out smelling like a rose with this deal but when in history has that ever happened for the Lions?

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9804195)
It's excessive, but that's the market for a young, strong armed QB with that sort of potential. Any team in the same situation would have paid that.

Why hasn't Tampa extended Freeman?

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804228)
It's not really a difficult statement to stand behind.

Alex Smith has had 1.5 winning seasons in his entire career.

How many has Matt Stafford had? Would you be comfortable with the Chiefs giving Alex Smith half the contract that Stafford just received based on the the past four years?

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9804260)
I would have traded our first overall pick for Stafford gladly for Stafford. Hell, I'd have thrown in the draft picks we spent on Alex Smith.

:facepalm:

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9804267)
He has shown that he is capable of being a superstar. He has that in him. He has something that Alex Smith simply does not have in him.

So throwing for 4,000 plus yards equal superstar? So, Jon Kitna was a superstar? Marc Bulger was a superstar?

Need I go on?

Too many of you guys don't use your ****ing eyes and rely on stats to make decisions on QB's.

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9804271)
So you wouldn't have paid him?

Hell no.

If he won a playoff game with the Lions in 2013, I'd be far more interested in extending him. But to date, other than playing catch with Megatron, he hasn't shown much other than a propensity for injury and interceptions at inopportune moments.

Matthew Stafford hasn't begun to show he's in the same league as a Matt Ryan. He's more akin to Josh Freeman than elite QB's.

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9804312)
That's a terrible comparison.

Not really. Three out of four losing seasons, no playoff wins, "gaudy" stats.

Add to that, he's been injured frequently as well with shoulder issues and concussions.

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804326)

2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.

Is that three?

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9804349)

More proof of the False Narrative.

At least you're finally being honest.