ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

Bwana 09-26-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10020650)
It does beat losing, but wouldn't you like to beat mediocre teams like the Eagles/Cowboys a little more convincingly? That would make me feel better heading into the playoffs since winning in the playoffs is sort of what's it's all about.

I would be great if that were that were the case, but there is a lot of improvement from last year overall and I hope they keep improving and get better before the end of the year. The biggest concern IMHO is the OL and their inconsistency. Honest question, what did you expect out of this team before the beginning of the season?

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020651)
You play... but you can half-ass it to protect certain players in an obvious win.

You've obviously never played a down of football in your life.

You're told from an early age - that when you quit playing 100%, you're mor likely to get hurt.

Why would we let up in the Dallas or Philly game?

Both of them were close (on more than the other) throughout.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10020670)
Some people on here would bitch if we managed to win the Super Bowl 77-0.

No, they wouldn't.

We would bitch because some of us will be lucky to hit 77 and see us in a super bowl...

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

You look just as stupid as these Niner fans when you say things like this.

You're better than that.

Earthling 09-26-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020665)
Comp% will come with time. His 2nd WR didn't even become that until the preseason was about over. His main TE is injured. His O line is not exactly helping him out in pass protection.

I think his numbers will slowly bounce up to what they were the last 1.5 seasons in SF...

Agreed.

duncan_idaho 09-26-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10020611)
....and no new OL players? oh, that's right -- players aren't the deciding factor, coaches/schemes are...

Philly's line situation is remarkably similar to the Chiefs:

Rookie RT (who is the LTotF, they swear) in Lane Johnson
Veterans who have been with the team a while at the other four spots, including an underappreciated LT and a few guys who struggled with injuries last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020633)
Chicago has an entirely new OL. Only the center remains from last year's squad.

3/5 of the Chargers' line is new. Hardwick and Clary are the holdovers.

But our excuse is that we need time to "gel".

And this.

kcchiefsus 09-26-2013 08:01 AM

Just like it's too early to call the defense dominant, it's too early to say the offense sucks. 3 games is too small of a sample size.

dirk digler 09-26-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020648)
I do, I just don't agree with it...

Explain it to me then pretty please

Messier 09-26-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020639)
WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE HAPPY WITH 3-0?

Being a real fan must suck ass. Are you really just frustrated as can be right now? Wow. What a horrible feeling.

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10020671)
I would be great if that were that were the case, but there is a lot of improvement from last year overall and I hope they keep improving and get better before the end of the year. The biggest concern IMHO is the OL and their inconsistency. Honest question, what did you expect out of this team before the beginning of the season?

I don't know if I really had any expectations other than better than last year. However with results expectation can change (See Royals).

While I expected the D to improve with a comptetent coach I didn't expect this type of performance, but now I found myself stuck in 1993 with a solid coaching staff, top shelf defense and a QB that seems to be what will hold this team back.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Comp% will come with time. His 2nd WR didn't even become that until the preseason was about over. His main TE is injured. His O line is not exactly helping him out in pass protection.

I think his numbers will slowly bounce up to what they were the last 1.5 seasons in SF...

actually, the 53% is Bowe's target/catch ratio... pretty bad so far.

Dunerdr 09-26-2013 08:04 AM

I Am worried about the offense but **** its andy ****ing reid offensive guru. He will pull this shit fit together.

Ceej 09-26-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020677)
You look just as stupid as these Niner fans when you say things like this.

You're better than that.

Ehh, it gets old. Honestly.

I understand your points regarding offense inefficiency and lack of offense, I really do. I've never came out and said I liked how our offense is going, honestly. There are so many things that need improved. I believe any smart, realistic Chiefs fan on this board realizes this.

But, man, how many of us thought we'd realistically be 3-0 before the season started?

Mark me down for a guy who is "just enjoying the ride."

nychief 09-26-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10020485)
NO THATS JUST ALEX SMITH BEING EFFICIENT

IF THE DEFENDING IS GOOD THEN THE OFFENSE IS SUPPOSED TO SUCK

ANDY REID VANILLA OFFENSE DOESN'T WANT TO GIVE AWAY SUPER TOP SECRET PLAYS

/Smith Homer dumbasses

Hall of Fame QBs win Super Bowls!!!! Get one. /reeruns like you.

Old Dog 09-26-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020644)
What ya got, BigMouth58? nothing to say?

Why would he argue? Hell, you're proving his point. The Chiefs are winning despite Alice, not because of him.

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10020693)

I understand your points regarding offense inefficiency and lack of offense, I really do. I've never came out and said I liked how our offense is going, honestly. There are so many things that need improved. I believe any smart, realistic Chiefs fan on this board realizes this.

But, man, how many of us thought we'd realistically be 3-0 before the season started?

<b>Mark me down for a guy who is "just enjoying the ride."</b>

And that's fine, but it's also fine if others want to take it to another level.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10020685)
Being a real fan must suck ass. Are you really just frustrated as can be right now? Wow. What a horrible feeling.

Hey look, another dimestore psychologist.

The defense and kicking game have been spectacular, and are winning games for us. I'm frustrated with the offense, of course.

But that's because I have two eyes and aren't willing to just ignore issues because we're 3-0.

You can be a fan and still be critical of pieces of the team that is underperforming. And the offense is woefully underperforming.

I'm driving 4 hours each way to go to the game Sunday.

But I'm a bad fan for stating facts, instead of burying my head in the sand and screaming "3-0" to the heavens?

dirk digler 09-26-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

I can't speak for OTW but for me I am tired of "enjoying the ride" and losing in the playoffs. I lived through the 90's and I don't want to repeat that. It is SB or bust for me.

Ceej 09-26-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10020705)
And that's fine, but it's also fine if others want to take it to another level.

Without a doubt.

Just as long as it isn't people trying to cram down our throats (which nobody has taken it to that level yet).

L.A. Chieffan 09-26-2013 08:09 AM

You play to win the game.

Points are overrated.

Bwana 09-26-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10020686)
I don't know if I really had any expectations other than better than last year. However with results expectation can change (See Royals).

While I expected the D to improve with a comptetent coach I didn't expect this type of performance, but now I found myself stuck in 1993 with a solid coaching staff, top shelf defense and a QB that seems to be what will hold this team back.

Fair enough, I still think the OL is a lot bigger problem than Smith at this point and they are obviously directly related, but I will concede there is room for improvement with both.

Old Dog 09-26-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020706)

The defense and kicking game have been spectacular, and are winning games for us. I'm frustrated with the offense, of course.

But that's because I have two eyes and aren't willing to just ignore issues because we're 3-0.

You can be a fan and still be critical of pieces of the team that is underperforming. And the offense is woefully underperforming.

But I'm a bad fan for stating facts, instead of burying my head in the sand and screaming "3-0" to the heavens?

+1

(I only drive 2 1/2 hours one way though)

Ceej 09-26-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10020707)
I can't speak for OTW but for me I am tired of "enjoying the ride" and losing in the playoffs. I lived through the 90's and I don't want to repeat that. It is SB or bust for me.

This defense is good enough to win this team one playoff game.

I'm a masochist -- Chiefs and Royals fan.

I know this might not be liked around these parts - but i would be pleased with a playoff win this year.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 10020697)
Why would he argue? Hell, you're proving his point. The Chiefs are winning despite Alice, not because of him.

What a stupid thing to say. I would accept you saying that the D and STs returns are greatly assisting Alex and the offense. That would be fair. But Alex is the one out there orchestrating 80 yard scoring drives when the team desperately needed it. Alex is the one throwing 4 TD passes, and then using his legs to extend drives on 3rd and long. Alex is the one throwing passes that KC needs to assist in winning KC games.

If you truly believe that shit you just typed, then you are a potato.

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10020711)
You play to win the game.

Points are overrated.

Yep, points and moving the ball is over rated/ Smiff ball washers

MagicHef 09-26-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020687)

A) No it isn't, it's 56%

B) If you limit it to passes that were on target, he's caught 82%

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Nothing wrong with that.

Also nothing wrong with pointing out how and why this team should actually be better.

Sorry, but "better than last year" isn't a motivator for me. ANYTHING is better than last year.

Before the season, I figured 8-8 or 9-7.

Now that I've seen the defense for three games, all bets are off - IF the offense can pull their head out of their ass. This team COULD be special, but it absolutely won't be if they keep leaning on the defense week after week.

What's wrong with wanting better?

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10020710)
Without a doubt.

<b>Just as long as it isn't people trying to cram down our throats (which nobody has taken it to that level yet).</b>

Exactly. Yet some people bitch about Geno being crammed down their throat after clicking on the Alex vs Geno thread LMAO

Earthling 09-26-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 10020697)

Not sure if I agree that Smith shouldn't get credit too. What we know for a certainty is that the Chiefs are winning with him at qb. Hell, I'll take it.

vailpass 09-26-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Outsiders POV but damn that's a good post.

chuy49erfan 09-26-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10020560)
Anyone who has watched the games should know that the Chiefs are lucky to be 3-0. Last week the Eagles turned the ball over 4 times in the first half, yet we only had a 10 point lead. I was sure we were going to lose that game up until the 5:00 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

Having said all of that, I'm still pretty damn happy with the job Andy Reid has done with this team. I think the offense will get better, and I like wondering how the hell this team is 3-0 a hell of a lot better than the shit we've been fed for nearly a decade.

Funny that was 3:00 minutes after Alex Smith converted a 3rd and long from his own 5 yd line and took over and put the team on his back to seal the win, coincidence?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10020634)
I'd rather win pretty like Denver than win ugly, but hey why strive to do that huh?

So you'd rather win pretty like Denver and win zero games in the playoffs when the weather is tough and the teams are better and blowouts don't happen? Even Tebow won a game in the playoffs (it was ugly as hell but at least he won a game for the Broncos, more than we can say for Peyton).

tredadda 09-26-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10020650)
It does beat losing, but wouldn't you like to beat mediocre teams like the Eagles/Cowboys a little more convincingly? That would make me feel better heading into the playoffs since winning in the playoffs is sort of what's it's all about. I'd like to see a 14 point plus beatdown of the Giants this week.

You don't get extra points winning pretty or get less points for winning ugly. At the end of the day a win is a win. In the 90s we used to dominate teams in the regular season only to lose in the playoffs. How we win in the regular season means little as long as we win. Once the playoffs start then anything can happen.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10020719)
A) No it isn't, it's 56%

B) If you limit it to passes that were on target, he's caught 82%

link for the 82 ????

Here is the link for 53% catch ratio

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

now what you got? :hmmm:

warrior 09-26-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Yep, It's sad really there's about ten or so on here that bitch constantly you know like old women who have hit that age.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020687)

Actually, the 53% is Alex Smith completion percentage on 3rd down.

We're 27th in the league in 3rd down conversion percentage. Behind the ****ing JAGUARS.

I'll give you a few minutes to flip through your book and grab an excuse.

Old Dog 09-26-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020717)
What a stupid thing to say.

He's pure shit on 3rd down (or really any time he sees pressure) and as of now he's the 13th rated QB in the league throwing for a whopping 6.3 yards per attempt (26th in the league)....Hell 16 QBs right now have a higher completion percentage despite his unwillingness to throw down the field...

You can try to make yourself believe he's some kind of competent if you like, I'm not buying it.

dirk digler 09-26-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10020716)
This defense is good enough to win this team one playoff game.

I'm a masochist -- Chiefs and Royals fan.

I know this might not be liked around these parts - but i would be pleased with a playoff win this year.

For me I am just plain tired of mediocrity or worse. I would enjoy the ride if we had a franchise QB that we drafted, at least that would give me hope.

We know how the story will end with Alex Smith..been there done that.

Messier 09-26-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Didn't say you're a bad fan. I said you seem frustrated. This post doesn't help to disprove that.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuy49erfan (Post 10020728)
Funny that was 3:00 minutes after Alex Smith converted a 3rd and long from his own 5 yd line and took over and put the team on his back to seal the win, coincidence?

Had he put the team on his back and played worth a shit in the first 52 minutes of the game, while his defense was giving him ridiculous field position, the game wouldn't have come down to salting away a final drive.

Amazing how all it takes is one play for some of you to conveniently forget about all the others.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020736)
Actually, the 53% is Alex Smith completion percentage on 3rd down.

We're 27th in the league in 3rd down conversion percentage. Behind the ****ing JAGUARS.

I'll give you a few minutes to flip through your book and grab an excuse.

You are deflecting... the 53% in that link clearly shows that Bowe has caught 53% of the passes thrown his way. Now without deflecting, tell me if you think that is good of Bowe.

Ceej 09-26-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020721)
Nothing wrong with that.

Also nothing wrong with pointing out how and why this team should actually be better.

Sorry, but "better than last year" isn't a motivator for me. ANYTHING is better than last year.

Before the season, I figured 8-8 or 9-7.

Now that I've seen the defense for three games, all bets are off - IF the offense can pull their head out of their ass. This team COULD be special, but it absolutely won't be if they keep leaning on the defense week after week.

What's wrong with wanting better?

Nothing at all.

But, when it's all that's said it bugs me. It's no different than Susan Sunshine who is predicting a Super Bowl after our 3-0 start.

I don't get to every thread on this website, and typically I avoid game threads. I know you gave the defense some praise. I don't know. I don't mind people who want better and preach that the team needs improvements, but I also like positive people who commend the good things too.*

*Again, to reiterate - I don't follow every thread on this board. And I'm not single-handedly calling you out OTWP.

MagicHef 09-26-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020732)
link for the 82 ????

Here is the link for 53% catch ratio

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

now what you got? :hmmm:

PFF.

He's been thrown at 16 times, 11 times on target. He's caught 9, dropped 2.

Football Outsiders must have him being targeted 17 times instead of 16. That must have been quite a pass if two different organizations can't even agree on who the target was.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 10020739)
He's pure shit on 3rd down (or really any time he sees pressure) and as of now he's the 13th rated QB in the league throwing for a whopping 6.3 yards per attempt (26th in the league)....Hell 16 QBs right now have a higher completion percentage despite his unwillingness to throw down the field...

You can try to make yourself believe he's some kind of competent if you like, I'm not buying it.

Since you brought up ratings, do you know what he was the last 2 years? top 10 and top 5. Oh, but suddenly ratings don't matter when they work against your agenda, right? and just so we're clear... your agenda is in minimizing your own starting QB for your own team, right? :rolleyes:

RINGLEADER 09-26-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10020522)
I think you have to remove the 2nd half offense numbers in JAX when we clearly took our foot off the throttle.

You can do hypothetical things like removing certain stats, but the fact is that Alex Smith and the Chiefs have 1 great drive a game, a couple good ones, and about 10 where they just don't move the ball. There's a reason why Jamaal runs for 6+ yards in the fourth quarter and < 4 the other three. Run with some consistency and run to the edges and you see sustained drives instead of the constant pressure that Reid's pass happy attack yields.

Pablo 09-26-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10020596)
...and there are some cynical, jaded mother****ers on here. Rightfully so, in some cases. I just hope that some of you don't live your lives with the same pessimistic disposition that you practice in your Chiefs fandom...that is a shitty way to live your life.

LMAO

This is some of the dumbest shit I've read on this forum.

"If you're cynical about a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in two decades, a SB in over four decades, and just had the biggest failure of a season in franchise history LAST YEAR, then I just don't know what's wrong with you!"

It's safe to say that nobody's life on this board has been as much of a failure as the Chiefs organization. And there are some serious mouth breathing losers on this site.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10020749)
PFF.

He's been thrown at 16 times, 11 times on target. He's caught 9, dropped 2.

Football Outsiders must have him being targeted 17 times instead of 16. That must have been quite a pass if two different organizations can't even agree on who the target was.

oh nice link... such a nice link we must have missed it... well done.

Old Dog 09-26-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020750)
Since you brought up ratings, do you know what he was the last 2 years? top 10 and top 5. Oh, but suddenly ratings don't matter when they work against your agenda, right? and just so we're clear... your agenda is in minimizing your own starting QB for your own team, right? :rolleyes:

Was he playing for the Chiefs last year? Does last year help determine the standings this season? No?

Then the amount of ****s I give about last year are ZERO.
Thank you for playing, now go the **** away

Pablo 09-26-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Jesus, OTWP.

I can't imagine what sort of miserable prick you are in real life. Do you hit your wife every time Alex throws short of the marker on third downs as well?

Oh, and you mean to tell me that you've probably spend more money(important investment) and time(important investment) on this franchise than half of these dumbshits that want to shout you down for your "pessimism"?

Sorry. You just aren't a real fan.

Messier 09-26-2013 08:23 AM

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with being critical of the team. I'm critical of the team. I also find a way to really enjoy a win. I don't begrudge optimism. What's the point?

Ceej 09-26-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10020757)
Jesus, OTWP.

I can't imagine what sort of miserable prick you are in real life. Do you hit your wife every time Alex throws short of the marker on third downs as well?

I just think he needs a prairie fire shot this AM.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 10020756)
Was he playing for the Chiefs last year? Does last year help determine the standings this season? No?

Then the amount of ****s I give about last year are ZERO.
Thank you for playing, now go the **** away

a trend is a trend... your attitude sucks, and your ability for in-depth thought is even worse. GFY lil bitch, if you can't communicate without crying "go away!" :deevee:

dirk digler 09-26-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10020752)
LMAO

"If you're cynical about a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in two decades, a SB in over four decades, and just had the biggest failure of a season in franchise history LAST YEAR, then I just don't know what's wrong with you!"

Absolutely Perfect

Old Dog 09-26-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10020758)
And there's absolutely nothing wrong with being critical of the team. I'm critical of the team. I also find a way to really enjoy a win. I don't begrudge optimism. What's the point?

I completely agree with this, I'm mainly tired of the 49er trolls telling us how great and wonderful Smith is. He's better than what we've had for a while, but he's not the second coming of Dawson.
Hell, I'm enjoying winning as much as anyone (maybe more than many....200 miles is a hell of a drive home when a team just shat all over themselves).

Pablo 09-26-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10020758)

It isn't that hard to be excited about the good things on this team.

Ex: Defense, Jamaal Charles

And pissed off about shitty things.

Ex: Our offense most of the time

People are wired in a pretty complex fashion and are able to have plenty of different emotions at once.

Crazy stuff!

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020642)
Smith is a logical guy.

He locates the easiest completion with lowest risk.

He completes the pass.

He moves on to the next down.

I'm sure that if Bowe was wide open by 10 or more yards he'd get thrown the ball. Honestly, that's not Bowe's game. You just have to trust Bowe to be Bowe and most of the time he'll make the play.

He also seems to be one of those WR's that's like a HB: the more he gets the ball the better he gets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020649)
actually, so far, he's made the play asked of him only 53% of the time... :(

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020745)
You are deflecting... the 53% in that link clearly shows that Bowe has caught 53% of the passes thrown his way. Now without deflecting, tell me if you think that is good of Bowe.

Now, who is deflecting?

Rausch is talking about Smith completing passes.

You say, he's only making the play 53% of the time. Which is accurate - as I've pointed out, and as Rausch alreay knows, because he saw me mention the 3rd down % yesterday.

Rausch replies, "the completion percentage will come with time"

Then you somehow drag Bowe into the conversation?

You can't even keep your arguments and excuses straight.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 10020766)
I completely agree with this, I'm mainly tired of the 49er trolls telling us how great and wonderful Smith is. He's better than what we've had for a while, but he's not the second coming of Dawson.
Hell, I'm enjoying winning as much as anyone (maybe more than many....200 miles is a hell of a drive home when a team just shat all over themselves).

nobody said he is wonderful, you dumb shit! Your strawman doesn't play here.

MagicHef 09-26-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020753)

Do you have a PFF subscription? If not, a link won't do you any good.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10020747)
Nothing at all.

But, when it's all that's said it bugs me. It's no different than Susan Sunshine who is predicting a Super Bowl after our 3-0 start.

I don't get to every thread on this website, and typically I avoid game threads. I know you gave the defense some praise. I don't know. I don't mind people who want better and preach that the team needs improvements, but I also like positive people who commend the good things too.*

*Again, to reiterate - I don't follow every thread on this board. And I'm not single-handedly calling you out OTWP.

No worries, Jizzles.

Pablo 09-26-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020770)
nobody said he is wonderful, you dumb shit! Your strawman doesn't play here.

Yeah, I know I'd follow a guy I thought was just 'meh' to another team's board and adopt said team as my second favorite.

Man, I can't wait to see where Anthony Fasano lands next!! Whoever it is, I'll be buying a jersey and signing up for their team's message board!!

Pablo 09-26-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10020760)
I just think he needs a prairie fire shot this AM.

Never a bad idea.

Old Dog 09-26-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020770)
nobody said he is wonderful,.........

I'm done with you....begone troll. You're dismissed and I will no longer respond to your ignorance.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020769)

You can't even keep your arguments and excuses straight.

I was never at any point discussing Smith's 3rd down %.

I responded to this part of his post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020642)
You just have to trust Bowe to be Bowe and most of the time he'll make the play.

... and that so far, most of the time for Bowe coming through? has in fact been 53%, according to the link posted earlier.

You understand yet? The misunderstanding was easy enough to do, but it was still not mine.

MagicHef 09-26-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020753)

Oops, I have to apologize. I can't follow a column down to Bowe's name, apparently. The 2 that I thought were drops are actually missed tackles forced. In the drop column for Bowe, there's a nice fat zero.

This means that Bowe has caught 100% of the catchable balls thrown to him. Alex has supplied a catchable ball to Bowe 56% of the time.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10020777)
Yeah, I know I'd follow a guy I thought was just 'meh' to another team's board and adopt said team as my second favorite.

Man, I can't wait to see where Anthony Fasano lands next!! Whoever it is, I'll be buying a jersey and signing up for their team's message board!!

and that is another dumb extreme used. You do know there is a large space between wonderful and meh, right? God, what is wrong with some of you people? :shake:

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10020757)
Jesus, OTWP.

Oh, and you mean to tell me that you've probably spend more money(important investment) and time(important investment) on this franchise than half of these dumbshits that want to shout you down for your "pessimism"?

Sorry. You just aren't a real fan.

You've met me in real life. You know I'm a raving lunatic.

And for the investment?

Over 30 years of time, and over $25,000 over a 5 year span of being a STH between travel, tickets, gas.

I love how some dipshits who are fans of another team are here for a few months and want to lecture us all on how to be a fan.

LMAO

Pablo 09-26-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10020788)
Oops, I have to apologize. I can't follow a column down to Bowe's name, apparently. The 2 that I thought were drops are actually missed tackles forced. In the drop column for Bowe, there's a nice fat zero.

This means that Bowe has caught 100% of the catchable balls thrown to him. Alex has supplied a catchable ball to Bowe 56% of the time.

Morons still want to act like Bowe is a terrible WR; or has an exceptionally high drop rate for some reason.

Do they really need a scapegoat for our QB's that badly?

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10020788)

zero drops? look at the FIRST pass play for KC vs Philly. JFC.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10020792)
Morons still want to act like Bowe is a terrible WR; or has an exceptionally high drop rate for some reason.

Do they really need a scapegoat for our QB's that badly?

no one said that Bowe was terrible... you people are just ****ing stupid with all these strawman comments.

Ceej 09-26-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020775)
No worries, Jizzles.

TO 4-0 and celebratory prairie fire shots after a victory Sunday! :thumb:

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10020777)

People on the board LOVED Jared Allen.

You know how many have moved on to a Vikings board?

Or how many moved to a Vikings board and then shit all over the place with arguments from here, turning every thread into a Jared Allen attention whoring circle jerk?

Pablo 09-26-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020794)
no one said that Bowe was terrible... you people are just ****ing stupid with all these strawman comments.

You haven't been here more than six months you ****ing troll.

Bowe has been called every name under the sun and hated on for YEARS for no goddamn good reason.

You don't know shit about the dynamic of posters here and their hatred for Bowe.

Rausch 09-26-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020789)
and that is another dumb extreme used. You do know there is a large space between wonderful and meh, right?

Yes.

Rodgers/Brees/Brady would be wonderful and Smith/Palmer/Red Rocket would be "meh."

Old Dog 09-26-2013 08:36 AM

Damn you Rausch....I just damn near had coffee come out of my nose....rep

Pablo 09-26-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020789)
and that is another dumb extreme used. You do know there is a large space between wonderful and meh, right? God, what is wrong with some of you people? :shake:

'Meh' to me is average. Nothing less, nothing more. Which perfectly describes the entirety of Alex's career.

Marcellus 09-26-2013 08:36 AM

I find it interesting that all the blame is on Smith for the offensive issues when we cant convert 3rd and 1 yet we convert 3rd and long regularly.

His passer rating on 3rd and 8+ is 95.4 and his average completion is 10.4 yards.

3rd and 6 or less yards to go his passer rating is 92 and average completion is 7.7 yards.

Our running game is killing us on 3rd and short. We may as well throw it.

Yea we need more offense and yea Alex needs to push the ball more but its not all on Alex, not even close.

3rd and short is the drive killer. The OL needs to block better on 3rd and long as well. Even though he completed those crossing routes to Avery on 3rd and long he was getting pressure almost immediately.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10020772)
Do you have a PFF subscription? If not, a link won't do you any good.

fair enough... now did you not see the link I posted? That source is either wrong, or yours is, I guess. Either way, whatever... anyone watching these games has seen some drops from Bowe... not a ton.. but more than we should be seeing.

KC is 5th in drop % in the league. Do you deny this?

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/st...rcentage/2013/

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020784)
I was never at any point discussing Smith's 3rd down %.

I responded to this part of his post.

... and that so far, most of the time for Bowe coming through? has in fact been 53%, according to the link posted earlier.

You understand yet? The misunderstanding was easy enough to do, but it was still not mine.

He was, dipshit, as referenced by his "completion percentage will come up" comment.

Who gives a shit what you were talking about.

Pablo 09-26-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10020807)
I find it interesting that all the blame is on Smith for the offensive issues when we cant convert 3rd and 1 yet we convert 3rd and long regularly.

His passer rating on 3rd and 8+ is 95.4 and his average completion is 10.4 yards.

3rd and 6 or less yards to go his passer rating is 92 and average completion is 7.7 yards.

Our running game is killing us on 3rd and short. We may as well throw it.

Yea we need more offense and yea Alex needs to push the ball more but its not all on Alex, not even close.

3rd and short is the drive killer. The OL needs to block better on 3rd and long as well as even though completed those crossing routes to Avery on 3rd and long he was getting pressure almost immediately.

I really can't argue this. Our offensive woes aren't entirely resting on Alex's shoulders.

Our line IS garbage; and our 1.1 pick in particular IS garbage right now. I've seen Jamaal bottled up more in the first three games than I did all of last season. Do you know how hard it is for Charles to get bottled up? Give him a slit the size of an ant's pussy and he's sliding through there. Our line has been an embarrassment.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020810)
Who gives a shit what you were talking about.

That's fine.. but don't act like I was side-stepping a point that I was never even discussing... which is what you did. So **** you. :p

vailpass 09-26-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10020812)
I really can't argue this. Our offensive woes aren't entirely resting on Alex's shoulders.

Our line IS garbage; and our 1.1 pick in particular IS garbage right now. I've seen Jamaal bottled up more in the first three games than I did all of last season. Do you know how hard it is for Charles to get bottled up? Give him a slit the size of an ant's pussy and he's sliding through there. Our line has been an embarrassment.

An ant's pussy?LMAO