ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Why do I keep buying ribeyes when ... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276759)

DeezNutz 09-29-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10028597)
We got mother ****ing hamburgers, yo!

Thank you. That does sound good. Just took some beef out of the freezer. Incorporate a little cherry wood and a high-quality bun...and money.

Simply Red 09-29-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10028611)
Thank you. That does sound good. Just took some beef out of the freezer. Incorporate a little cherry wood and a high-quality bun...and money.

I agree DeezNutz. I like a little hardwood accent in a burger. Really helps the cause.

Pablo 09-29-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Spend a couple of minutes weeping for the world's water supply as you're cooking that bad boy.

DeezNutz 09-29-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10028621)
Spend a couple of minutes weeping for the world's water supply as you're cooking that bad boy.

I'll try to squeeze some of the excess water into my bourbon, just so it doesn't go to waste, and that's a ****ing sacrifice; I hate tainting perfectly good liquor.

BlackHelicopters 09-29-2013 10:26 AM

Blueberry pop tarts taste good.

Pablo 09-29-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10028626)
I'll try to squeeze some of the excess water into my bourbon, just so it doesn't go to waste, and that's a ****ing sacrifice; I hate tainting perfectly good liquor.

The things you do for the good of our planet and mankind, Deez.

I'm giving you a standing ovation. I had a good cry this morning when I woke up and found the woman was making a roast today. Such senseless indulgence in beef products always gets me right in the feels.

Simply Red 09-29-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 10028632)
Blueberry pop tarts taste good.

try the organic toaster pastries from Whole Foods. They'll arouse you.

Baby Lee 09-29-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10028643)
The things you do for the good of our planet and mankind, Deez.

I'm giving you a standing ovation. I had a good cry this morning when I woke up and found the woman was making a roast today. Such senseless indulgence in beef products always gets me right in the feels.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume you shed those tears over a rainwater reclamation barrel.

Saccopoo 09-29-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10028526)
I bought a grass-fed ribeye years ago at a farmer's market that tasted like someone rubbed my steak in a field... Mrs. FMB! and I ate out that night after cooking dinner.

Never again. Gimme grain-fed cows.

Just trying to help:

Quote:

Switching cows from grass to grain puts more money in the beef industry’s pockets and cheaper meat on the supermarket shelves. But at what price? The stomachs of cows are naturally pH neutral. A corn-based diet, however, creates an acidic environment that contributes to a host of health problems. Corn-fed cattle are prone to serious health conditions such as bloat, diarrhea, ulcers, liver disease, and a weakened immune system. To combat these health problems, cattle are continually fed antibiotics, which leads to the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria that increasingly render modern medicine ineffective.

Aside from posing the danger of E. coli, corn-fed beef contains far fewer nutrients than grass-fed beef. Prevention reports that a recent study by the USDA and researchers from Clemson University found grass-fed beef to be significantly higher in calcium, magnesium, beta-carotene, and potassium than corn-fed beef. In addition:
◾Meat from grass-fed cattle is lower in both overall fat and artery-clogging saturated fat.
◾Grass-fed meat is higher in healthy omega-3 fats. Meat from feedlot animals has been found to contain only 15-50 percent as much omega-3s as meat from grass-fed cattle.
◾Meat from grass-fed livestock is four times higher in vitamin E.
◾Grass-fed meat is higher in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a nutrient associated with lower cancer risk.

Pablo 09-29-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10028647)
I'm just going to go ahead and assume you shed those tears over a rainwater reclamation barrel.

Of course.

BlackHelicopters 09-29-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10028645)
try the organic toaster pastries from Whole Foods. They'll arouse you.

Arousal. Nice .

Saccopoo 09-29-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...3smo1_1280.gif

Pablo 09-29-2013 10:35 AM

Yeah, you're doing a fantastic job at swaying opinions here Sac.

After this you should venture into DC and change everyone's mind there as well.

Saccopoo 09-29-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10028673)
Yeah, you're doing a fantastic job at swaying opinions here Sac.

After this you should venture into DC and change everyone's mind there as well.

I prefer to stay out of politics. Political topics tend to create a dysfunctional, myopic and agitated frame of discourse.

R8RFAN 09-29-2013 10:39 AM

ribeye over any strip steak any day of the week

Coogs 09-29-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Exactly. It's why the vast majority of the rest of the world doesn't consume beef. But your thought process comes about from your societal immersion in the land of milk and honey, where four door dualie pickup trucks and aircraft carriers are the accepted norm. Who gives a flying **** if we are sucking up all the worlds fresh water? We got mother ****ing hamburgers, yo!

http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/environment.html

http://www.waterfootprint.org/?page=...y&product=beef

http://www.gracelinks.org/blog/1143/...ter-footprints

Sac,

I'm guessing we are talking corn fed beef, and how much water it takes to raise corn vs how many pounds of corn a cow has to eat before said cow is ready for market.

Most all of that water comes in the form of rain, and soaks right into the ground anyway, so it is not like our fresh water supply is being wasted at your rate stated for every single pound of beef produced.

Saccopoo 09-29-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 10028693)
Sac,

I'm guessing we are talking corn fed beef, and how much water it takes to raise corn vs how many pounds of corn a cow has to eat before said cow is ready for market.

Most all of that water comes in the form of rain, and soaks right into the ground anyway, so it is not like our fresh water supply is being wasted at your rate stated for every single pound of beef produced.

Oglallala aquifer. Cattle industry. Bad combination.

Quote:

Everywhere you look today, particularly in the western United States, people are seeking to conserve water. You see people washing their cars less often. People are installing low-flow showerheads and sink fixtures and low-flow toilets. You see people using drought-resistant landscaping. The vigilant turn off the water at the sink when brushing their teeth, except to rinse the brush, and when shaving, except to rinse the blade.
These measures are prudent and helpful, but all of them combined don't save anywhere near the amount of water you would save by shifting toward a plant-based diet.

The great Ogallala aquifer is the largest body of fresh water on Earth, and it lies underneath some of the richest farmland in the world -- the great American grain belt. But things are changing. The Ogallala is a fossil aquifer, which means the water in it is left from the melted glaciers of the last Ice Age. It's not like a reservoir or river, which are replenished regularly from rainfuall. When the water in the aquifer is gone, it's gone.

More than 13 trillion gallons of water are taken from the aquifer every year, with the vast majority used to produce beef. More water is withdrawn from the Ogallala aquifer every year for beef production than is used to grow all the fruits and vegetables in the entire country. If we continue pumping out the Ogallala at current rates, it's only a matter of time before most of the wells in Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Colorado, and New Mexico go dry, and portions of these states become scarcely habitable for human beings. This scenario is being predicted by many leading environmentalists.

Coogs 09-29-2013 10:55 AM

I live in North Central Kansas. I am totally aware of this situation. Not all corn grown is directly linked to Ogallala. Just the irrigated corn fields.

There is a whole lot of dry land corn raised in the United States that doesn't affect Ogallala.

WhiteWhale 09-29-2013 11:03 AM

I love how assholes on this forum are sanctimonious and hostile about food preferences as if there is some objective standard.

Just Passin' By 09-29-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 10028693)
Sac,

The whole gallon/pound argument used by the anti-meat crowd is based on misleading and manipulative data and claims, and they still can't agree on which made up number it is.

Saccopoo 09-29-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10028784)
I love how assholes on this forum are sanctimonious and hostile about food preferences as if there is some objective standard.

It's not about food preferences you insular, selfish prick, it's about long term global sustainability.

When your gaunt faced grandkids are standing in line for water rations while the world burns down around them, I hope that your soul feels their pain.

Fire Me Boy! 09-29-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10029097)
It's not about food preferences you insular, selfish prick, it's about long term global sustainability.

When your gaunt faced grandkids are standing in line for water rations while the world burns down around them, I hope that your soul feels their pain.

Jesus... vegans are worse than religious fanatics.

Pablo 09-29-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10029149)
Jesus... vegans are worse than religious fanatics.

I'm guessing Sac is both.

DeezNutz 09-29-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

LMAO.

I hope I at least have the memory of this ridiculous burger that I'm going to grill this evening.

Easy 6 09-29-2013 12:17 PM

I almost never buy ribeyes anymore, theres a cut called chuckeye that's just as good for about half the price.

Brock 09-29-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

ROFL good grief

Fire Me Boy! 09-29-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10029642)
I almost never buy ribeyes anymore, theres a cut called chuckeye that's just as good for about half the price.

I like chuck eye, but it's nowhere near as tender.

Easy 6 09-29-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10029780)

Truth, but that's what marinades are for.

vailpass 09-29-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

THAT'S IT. Calling the housekeeper over to cook fajitas. Carne asada, carnitas, and any other meat I can think of...

Fire Me Boy! 09-29-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10029789)
Truth, but that's what marinades are for.

If you have to use a marinade, then by the very definition it's not "just as good" as ribeye.

Easy 6 09-29-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10029802)
If you have to use a marinade, then by the very definition it's not "just as good" as ribeye.

I hear you, but for the money its close enough for me.

MOhillbilly 09-29-2013 02:10 PM

Ribeye is a better cut

BigMeatballDave 09-29-2013 02:16 PM

LMAO Epic meltdown.

Who knew SAC was a treehugger?

BigMeatballDave 09-29-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10028262)
Strip is the best steak beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Um, no.

Post a poll. Ribeye wins in a landslide.

Predarat 09-29-2013 02:33 PM

Ribeye is good for marinading, KC Strip is best on its own as long as its from a Kansas Farm.

BigMeatballDave 09-29-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10031483)
Ribeye is good for marinading, KC Strip is best on its own as long as its from a Kansas Farm.

MOST beef is not produced on farms.

Cargill
Tyson
National Beef

Those are your big 3. I know because I've been to just about all of their facilities from Friona, TX to Waterloo, IA.

BigMeatballDave 09-29-2013 02:39 PM

And why the hell would you marinate a ribeye?

Crazy.

Fire Me Boy! 09-29-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10031483)

If you marinate a ribeye, you should really stick with sirloins...

R8RFAN 09-29-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10029642)

Thats referred to as "The Poor Mans Ribeye" I buy them all the time...:clap:

Silock 09-29-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10031327)
Um, no.

Post a poll. Ribeye wins in a landslide.

Just because it may win a popularity contest doesn't make it better ;)

2bikemike 09-29-2013 05:03 PM

Personally for me I don't have any favorites when it comes to steaks or Beef in general. I like it all. I am not one for adding sauces. I like to taste just the flavor of the beef.

We smoke up Tri Tip that is mouth watering good. We typically only buy Rib Eyes and Porterhouse when they are on sale. Even a Sirloin can be good when cooked properly.

The only beef we cook indoors is ground beef for spaghetti or tacos. All other beef is cooked outdoors on the grill or the smoker. Even Meat Loaf is cooked on the smoker.

As far as Vegetarians and Vegans go. It would absolutely suck to go through life forgoing the goodness of meat only to die in a car wreck or something.

Easy 6 09-29-2013 05:22 PM

If people are going to argue about the very best cut of steak, naming anything other than a bone-in cut like porterhouse or t-bone isn't a winner.

No matter what kind of meat you're talking about, bone-in is ALWAYS more flavorful and juicier.

GloryDayz 09-29-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Exactly. It's why the vast majority of the rest of the world doesn't consume beef. But your thought process comes about from your societal immersion in the land of milk and honey, where four door dualie pickup trucks and aircraft carriers are the accepted norm. Who gives a flying **** if we are sucking up all the worlds fresh water? We got mother ****ing hamburgers, yo!

http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/environment.html

http://www.waterfootprint.org/?page=...y&product=beef

http://www.gracelinks.org/blog/1143/...ter-footprints

Well it's a good thing there's a water cycle and the only water that left earth has left on space ships... So, even it was a trillion gallons, as long as there's a water cycles, keep the ribeyes coming...

And the added bonus.....I hear the polar caps are melting so that means more ribeyes.... woot!!!!!!!

DaFace 09-29-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 10028690)
ribeye over any strip steak any day of the week

Agree 100%. I understand that some people may have a preference for more pure "meat," but I love the extra flavoring that a good marbled ribeye has. Nothing beats it.

lewdog 09-29-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10029780)

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 10031697)
Thats referred to as "The Poor Mans Ribeye" I buy them all the time...:clap:

Chuckeye huh? Is that actually what it is called? If so, I haven't seen it.

I'd like something that's close to ribeye but more affordable.

And if I'm voting...ribeye over strip steak all day for me.

Brock 09-29-2013 06:22 PM

Why buy a strip when you get a strip and more in a t bone?

BigMeatballDave 09-29-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10032156)
Just because it may win a popularity contest doesn't make it better ;)

This is really a silly argument.

I love strip steak, too. I just prefer ribeye. Maybe because it's more tender.

Actually, as far as beef is concerned, a nice smoked brisket kicks the shit out of a steak anyway. :)

Saccopoo 09-29-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10032797)
This is really a silly argument.

I love strip steak, too. I just prefer ribeye. Maybe because it's more tender.

Actually, as far as beef is concerned, a nice smoked brisket kicks the shit out of a steak anyway. :)

I remember when they gave away a full brisket when you bought a pound of hamburger.

When the only people that will eat a particular cut of meat are the Irish, you know that piece of meat sucks.

GloryDayz 09-29-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10033225)
I remember when they gave away a full brisket when you bought a pound of hamburger.

When the only people that will eat a particular cut of meat are the Irish, you know that piece of meat sucks.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

threebag 09-29-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10032756)
Well it's a good thing there's a water cycle and the only water that left earth has left on space ships... So, even it was a trillion gallons, as long as there's a water cycles, keep the ribeyes coming...

And the added bonus.....I hear the polar caps are melting so that means more ribeyes.... woot!!!!!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9DBBpWepmE..._NZ01625_L.jpg

BigMeatballDave 09-30-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10033225)

Try some burnt ends, you Pussy!

LMAO

BryanBusby 09-30-2013 06:05 AM

Here are two life lessons for steaks:

1. **** hippies. I hope my grandkids enjoy sitting on line for water because steaks are good as hell YOLO
2. Never get the cheap ones. If you can't afford the good shit, put on a ski mask and earn them like a man.

GloryDayz 09-30-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10034272)
Try some burnt ends, you Pussy!

LMAO

He don't do no pussy, it's meat and he swore it off...

GloryDayz 09-30-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10034289)
Here are two life lessons for steaks:

1. **** hippies. I hope my grandkids enjoy sitting on line for water because steaks are good as hell YOLO
2. Never get the cheap ones. If you can't afford the good shit, put on a ski mask and earn them like a man.

ROFLROFLROFL Rep!

Frosty 09-30-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10032792)

I prefer the strip side of a T-bone by far, so I would just rather buy the strip by itself. I don't care for the texture of the tenderloin side of a T-bone.

Easy 6 09-30-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10032778)

Then chuckeye is the way to go, ask the meat guy at your grocer.

They tend to be smaller cuts than ribeye, but for the money they are very close in quality, my dad turned me onto them and i love'em.

GloryDayz 09-30-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10034951)

They tend to be smaller cuts than ribeye, but for the money they are very close in quality, my dad turned me onto them and i love'em.

I shall try this... I've used them as a poor-man's flank steak in the past, I'll just see what a tenderizer and some butter can do when I treat it like a steak..

Easy 6 09-30-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10035149)
I shall try this... I've used them as a poor-man's flank steak in the past, I'll just see what a tenderizer and some butter can do when I treat it like a steak..

If you cook'em right they don't need a tenderizer, but I do marinade them occasionally.

Rain Man 09-30-2013 12:58 PM

Ribeyes are overrated. They're too fatty. A good filet mignon is the way to go, and I'd pick a strip over a ribeye as well.

GloryDayz 09-30-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10035153)
If you cook'em right they don't need a tenderizer, but I do marinade them occasionally.

I'm talking one of these tenderizers:

http://mermaidsofthelake.com/photos/...Tenderizer.jpg

So no to this form of tenderizing?

When I do the Poor-Man's flank steak I don't use it, but I cut it on something like a 60-degree bias, and I use this for 20 minutes to marinade it (and it's pretty darn good):

http://digital.hammacher.com/Items/7..._1000x1000.jpg

And goddam you... Now I'm hungry!!!

AustinChief 09-30-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10035161)
Ribeyes are overrated. They're too fatty. A good filet mignon is the way to go, and I'd pick a strip over a ribeye as well.

Apparently we are in the "Jack Sprat" minority here. I'm with you on a filet or strip or go crazy and get a porterhouse.

Fire Me Boy! 09-30-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10034951)

I do like chuck eye, but I just really disagree with you on the bolded. They're nowhere near the quality of a ribeye, IYAM. They're pretty good on flavor (they do need some help), but they're not tender at all.

I just don't want anyone to expect one thing and get something else... I do like the chuck eye cut, though. If I want steak and don't want to spend much money, I'll almost always buy a chuck eye.

Fire Me Boy! 09-30-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10035172)
Apparently we are in the "Jack Sprat" minority here. I'm with you on a filet or strip or go crazy and get a porterhouse.

I'll not argue much with someone that prefers a strip steak, T-bone, or porterhouse. But filet just doesn't have much flavor. It needs a lot of help. It's very tender, yes. But it can't stand up on its own in flavor like ribeye or strips can. That's why filet is wrapped in bacon, covered in sauce, or used in a au poivre preparation (covered in cracked peppercorns AND sauce).

Easy 6 09-30-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10035166)
I'm talking one of these tenderizers:

http://mermaidsofthelake.com/photos/...Tenderizer.jpg

So no to this form of tenderizing?

I guess you can if you want, but I never use a manual tenderizer on steaks.

I have plenty of other chances to beat my meat :D

BigMeatballDave 09-30-2013 01:19 PM

FAT IS FLAVOR

Rain Man 09-30-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10035186)
I'll not argue much with someone that prefers a strip steak, T-bone, or porterhouse. But filet just doesn't have much flavor. It needs a lot of help. It's very tender, yes. But it can't stand up on its own in flavor like ribeye or strips can. That's why filet is wrapped in bacon, covered in sauce, or used in a au poivre preparation (covered in cracked peppercorns AND sauce).

I just hate to take a bite and get a mouthful of fat, or fat mixed with meat. It adds a lot of stress to my dining experience to not know what's in that next bite. The filet has plenty of flavor, in my opinion, and the fact that it supports such a broad array of accessory flavors like bacon or crab or whatever is only a plus. But one of its biggest advantages is that it brings consistency to my meal. I'm never going to take a bad bite of filet.

Fire Me Boy! 09-30-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10035217)
I just hate to take a bite and get a mouthful of fat, or fat mixed with meat. It adds a lot of stress to my dining experience to not know what's in that next bite. The filet has plenty of flavor, in my opinion, and the fact that it supports such a broad array of accessory flavors like bacon or crab or whatever is only a plus. But one of its biggest advantages is that it brings consistency to my meal. I'm never going to take a bad bite of filet.

Do you eat with your eyes closed?

And for me, it's not that the filet "supports" those flavors... it's that it needs accessories to be standout.

Anyway, it's your steak. If you want to eat something that costs more and tastes worse, that's your prerogative. ;)

Being totally serious, I won't turn down a filet. There's just several other cuts I'd order before that, and a few other entrees entirely. But if that's what's offered, I'll be happy.

BigMeatballDave 09-30-2013 01:26 PM

Filet isn't bad. When I want steak, I wanna taste beef.

Ribeye provides that.

Rain Man 09-30-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10035237)
Do you eat with your eyes closed?

And for me, it's not that the filet "supports" those flavors... it's that it needs accessories to be standout.

Anyway, it's your steak. If you want to eat something that costs more and tastes worse, that's your prerogative. ;)

Being totally serious, I won't turn down a filet. There's just several other cuts I'd order before that, and a few other entrees entirely. But if that's what's offered, I'll be happy.

I can't be expected to inspect every bite. That's why the food production industry is for. I'm busy at the table buttering my potato and drinking my Pibb Extra and chatting and figuring out what I'm going to have for dessert. My meat entree shouldn't be requiring my attention other than cutting and chewing.

Fire Me Boy! 09-30-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10035265)
I can't be expected to inspect every bite. That's why the food production industry is for. I'm busy at the table buttering my potato and drinking my Pibb Extra and chatting and figuring out what I'm going to have for dessert. My meat entree shouldn't be requiring my attention other than cutting and chewing.

I found the problem. Your taste buds are clearly ****ed.

vailpass 09-30-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10035271)

:D

Baby Lee 09-30-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Hey! Not RM's fault!! Golden Corral has an exclusive contract.

R8RFAN 09-30-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10032778)

And if I'm voting...ribeye over strip steak all day for me.

Chuck Eye Steaks

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...uck_steaks.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_steak

Usually Half the price of Ribeyes but damn near as tender

BigMeatballDave 09-30-2013 03:18 PM

Yeah, Chuckeye is pretty good.

Easy 6 09-30-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10035177)
I do like chuck eye, but I just really disagree with you on the bolded. They're nowhere near the quality of a ribeye, IYAM. They're pretty good on flavor (they do need some help), but they're not tender at all.

I just don't want anyone to expect one thing and get something else... I do like the chuck eye cut, though. If I want steak and don't want to spend much money, I'll almost always buy a chuck eye.

Gahhh, you're such a purist... for almost half the price, chuckeye IS close to the same quality when you balance out cost vs tenderness/texture, cook them right and its close enough.

Look at the pic R8ers posted, thats nice marbling, almost indistinguishable from a ribeye... and damn, wish my grocer cut them like that, those are some fatties.

Dartgod 09-30-2013 04:13 PM

Every time I read this thread title, I see it as "Why do I keep burning ribeyes when ..."

Rain Man 09-30-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

No, no. Pibb Extra is the natural pairing with filet and other red meats. The fruity taste of the peppery drinks matches well with the dense flavor of the red meats.

In contrast, the classic coke and pepsi products are best with pork dishes and the occasional dense, strongly flavored fish such as mahi mahi. Lighter fish pairs well with Sierra Mists and Sprites.

ghak99 09-30-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

ROFL

I quit drinking soda/pop about a year ago. Food tastes so much better after you quit flooding your system with that crap.

I did it a few years ago for about a year until a long period of traveling put me back on the stuff and after a few weeks I was back to using quite a bit more smoke, seasonings, and salt instead of being able to enjoy more of the natural flavor. If I could go ahead and quit the Gatorade this time around I think it would get even better.

R8RFAN 09-30-2013 05:08 PM

Just keep in mind it's a chuck eye steak and not a chuck steak

Big Difference

OnTheWarpath15 09-30-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10032792)

Can't help but think of Tommy Boy reading this thread.

Tommy: Hey, I’ll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher’s ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn’t you rather to take his word for it?

Mr. Brady, Customer: What? I’m failing to make the connection here.

Tommy: No, I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher’s ass… No, wait. It’s gotta be your bull.

Richard: Wow.