ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Dad Calls Cops on Son to Teach Him a Lesson, Cops Shoot Son Dead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278417)

hometeam 11-08-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 10169891)
Lotta speculation in your post.

Have you watched the dash cam vid?

I was replying to the post where he said they KNEW it was ONLY a stolen car. (speculation~)

The only speculation I did was that they didn't KNOW it was ONLY a stolen car. And that the guy would have run a cop down. Again, if you watch the dash cam, I think its an educated guess.

MOhillbilly 11-08-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10169892)
Right, they are pissed off he rammed them, endangered their lives or maybe hurt them. Basic human emotion.

The bad decision was to start the pursuit when it endangered innocent civilians over a stolen car that they knew was not a wanted violent criminal.

I'd like to read the 911 transcript.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10169892)
Right, they are pissed off he rammed them, endangered their lives or maybe hurt them. Basic human emotion.

The bad decision was to start the pursuit when it endangered innocent civilians over a stolen car that they knew was not a wanted violent criminal.

Really? How about the bad decision was the kid stealing the truck. Or maybe when the father got the cops involved.

ChiTown 11-08-2013 12:41 PM

You ram a cop in his car, multiple times, you are going to eat some lead. **** that stupid douche. One less moron walking the Earth and taking up Oxygen.

MOhillbilly 11-08-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10169894)
Have you watched the dash cam vid?

I was replying to the post where he said they KNEW it was ONLY a stolen car. (speculation~)

The only speculation I did was that they didn't KNOW it was ONLY a stolen car. And that the guy would have run a cop down. Again, if you watch the dash cam, I think its an educated guess.

Maybe he's just a kid that needs a hug.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 12:41 PM

Good to know that when a cop is aware of a stolen car......all he needs to do is not pursue.....you'll get him later.

BigRedChief 11-08-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169903)
Really? How about the bad decision was the kid stealing the truck. Or maybe when the father got the cops involved.

I was talking about what the cops could have done differently, to not endanger innocent civilians.

The fault lies with the dumbass kid and his decisions, not the cops.

But, I'd rather not die because some kid goes on a joy ride and the cops chasing him blindsides me in an intersection.

blaise 11-08-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169911)
Good to know that when a cop is aware of a stolen car......all he needs to do is not pursue.....you'll get him later.

Just pull over whenever you're done with the car and meet us down at the police station.

bricks 11-08-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10169354)
Why would something happen to the cop...?

I don't need to give an explanation as to why.

This is just flat out wrong. Cop kills the kid, this is murder. He will get away with it because he is an authority figure and can pull that type of shit. This is what bothers me. Its wrong he didn't have to take the kids life over such a minor issue.

The kid was stupid for refusing to not obey the officer, but did he really have to kill him? Why not just wrestle him down to the ground and arrest him?

*Something should happen to the cop because he committed murder. Protect and serve I understand but their should be conditions to that sort of stuff. It should only happen if that person is armed and the cop felt threatened and then I could understand the cop killing the kid out of the sake of self defense.
But this situation didn't exactly resemble that. Not to its full extent anyway.

ChiTown 11-08-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 10169910)
Maybe he's just a kid that needs a plug.

He got it.

ChiTown 11-08-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 10169918)

This is just flat out wrong. Cop kills the kid, this is murder. He will get away with it because he is an authority figure and can pull that type of shit. This is what bothers me. Its wrong he didn't have to take the kids life over such a minor issue.

The kid was stupid for refusing to not obey the officer, but did he really have to kill him? Why not just wrestle him down to the ground and arrest him?

*Something should happen to the cop because he committed murder. Protect and serve I understand but their should be conditions to that sort of stuff. It should only happen if that person is armed and the cop felt threatened and then I could understand the cop killing the kid out of the sake of self defense.

ROFL

You haven't apparently watched the dash cam vid.

blaise 11-08-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Yeah, no one could be killed by a car.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

So if the one cop goes in to take him down....and he's run over and killed. Is it ok for the other cop to kill the kid?

Seriously? You ****ing moron.

crazycoffey 11-08-2013 12:50 PM

I doubt I'd take a stolen vehicle report if the kid lived at home and has had access to the truck on a routine basis to start off with. But I know if I was about to get run over or saw anyone about to get run over, it would be a game changer.

ChiTown 11-08-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169924)
So if the one cop goes in to take him down....and he's run over and killed. Is it ok for the other cop to kill the kid?

I have to believe that "bricks" hasn't watched the dash cam vid. I didn't offer an opinion until I saw it. Once viewed, that was an easy decision to take that dumb **** down.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 12:53 PM

People need to watch the dash cam video. The article makes it sound like it's a medium speed chase where the kid pulls over at the end and then refuses to get out of the truck. That's not even close to what happened.

ChiTown 11-08-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169929)
People need to watch the dash cam video. The article makes it sound like it's a medium speed chase where the kid pulls over at the end and then refuses to get out of the truck. That's not even close to what happened.

Yep. The article really doesn't match up with the vid. It's a game-changer for sure.

Bugeater 11-08-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169929)

People don't want to mess around with silly things like facts when they are just going to get into the way of their cop-hating.

FRCDFED 11-08-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10169487)
Well, back in the day a cop also might worked a wife beater over with his fists or let a kid who'd been caught in trouble the first time go by dropping him off to his parents - without fear that if the car video gets looked at he'll be fired.

It seems like police used to have more latitude and opportunity to work with members of the community, and that they knew people in that community and had relationships with them. Things seem more beurocratic and black and white now.

And beyond that, our litigation society has made it so they have to worry so much more about getting sued or facing criminal charges for the details of the manner in which they do things. They have cameras and microphones watching them all the time. Doesn't it seem like police used to have more ability to be autonomous?

There are people of bad character in every profession, and we also can't always expect people to pause and evaluate with calm contemplation what they should do when someone who they have at gunpoint tries to hit them with their car.

Police today are being tasked with the jobs parents have not done, mopping up for all the messed up home environment kids who were never parented or disciplined or had any rules. It's not what police should be.

Post of the year!!

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 12:59 PM

The father of a friend of mine in college was the Chief of Police in Wichita. If cops pursued a high speed chase through a populated civilian area on his watch, he would have had their ass.

BIG_DADDY 11-08-2013 01:00 PM

You never call the cops on family unless you are in fear for your life. That being said the kid got what he deserved. If you think you can use a vehicle as a weapon and not get shot you are an idiot.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10169941)
The father of a friend of mine in college was the Chief of Police in Wichita. If cops pursued a high speed chase through a populated civilian area on his watch, he would have had their ass.

Not one single **** is given.

Question for you.....what would happen if the runner takes off and the cop stops following him? Do you think then that the criminal slows down to the required speed limit and drives safely? Maybe stops at stop signs and red lights?

hometeam 11-08-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Once again I refer to the dash cam video.

This 'kid' was all about crushing them with his truck (aka a weapon). He did it multiple times, backed up, ran over shit, almost hit a pedestrian, nearly t-boned people at an intersection, and oh yea, HE TRIED to kill them with his truck.

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169944)

Question for you.....what would happen if the runner takes off and the cop stops following him? Do you think then that the criminal slows down to the required speed limit and drives safely? Maybe stops at stop signs and red lights?

Actually, yes. Once confident he had escaped the cops, he most likely would have slowed down. Cops chasing a vehicle at high speed causes more danger than it prevents.

blaise 11-08-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169944)

The police statement actually says the officers backed off and slowed their speed down, but the kid kept driving like a kook.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10169950)
Actually, yes. Once confident he had escaped the cops, he most likely would have slowed down. Cops chasing a vehicle at high speed causes more danger than it prevents.

ROFL

So criminals when done being chased turn into law abiding citizens who follow the law.

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169955)
ROFL

So criminals when done being chased turn into law abiding citizens who follow the law.

Was the kid driving like a crazed lunatic BEFORE the cops started chasing him, or after? The dispatchers told them to abandon the chase, this is why.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10169957)
Was the kid driving like a crazed lunatic BEFORE the cops started chasing him, or after? The dispatchers told them to abandon the chase, this is why.

So from now on....cops should attempt to pull someone over and if they drive away....the cops should stop there. Got it.

FRCDFED 11-08-2013 01:19 PM

Where is the dash cam vid?

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169973)
So from now on....cops should attempt to pull someone over and if they drive away....the cops should stop there. Got it.

I'm saying that a dangerous high speed chase through the middle of town is likely to get an innocent killed. Is an innocent's life worth catching the bad boy who stole his daddy's truck? Especially when you already know who he is and where he lives?

The Franchise 11-08-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10169976)
Where is the dash cam vid?

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vid.../2816267433001

The Franchise 11-08-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10169977)
I'm saying that a dangerous high speed chase through the middle of town is likely to get an innocent killed. Is an innocent's life worth catching the bad boy who stole his daddy's truck? Especially when you already know who he is and where he lives?

How about the Dad doesn't waste the police's time when the bad boy steals daddy's truck? The second he called the cops and reported his vehicle stolen....he opened up a can of worms.

What happens if they don't kill this kid? What do you think the Dad would say when they arrest the kid for attempted murder? Assault on a police officer? Grand theft auto?

FRCDFED 11-08-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10169977)

You don't get it...you are still trying to lay the blame on LE for this guy being an idiot.

Sure, not blazing through town after a potential felon could/would reduce the potential to injure bystanders. However, each case is unique. The cops are not in the wrong for attempting to take this guy into custody. He is in the wrong for running and in the end took his life into his own hands when he chose to use the truck as a weapon.

There has to be more "unknown" to this story. No dumbass attempts to ram cop cars because his dad didn't buy him a pack of cigarettes.

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169988)
How about the Dad doesn't waste the police's time when the bad boy steals daddy's truck? The second he called the cops and reported his vehicle stolen....he opened up a can of worms.

What happens if they don't kill this kid? What do you think the Dad would say when they arrest the kid for attempted murder? Assault on a police officer? Grand theft auto?

The dad shouldn't have called the cops. I really don't care what the dad would say when they arrested his kid. But the dad did call the cops. They chased him and the chase got dangerous. They should have backed off and let him go and picked him up later. Catching a car thief isn't worth endangering innocent lives just so the cops get to play Starsky and Hutch.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10169991)
The dad shouldn't have called the cops. I really don't care what the dad would say when they arrested his kid. But the dad did call the cops. They chased him and the chase got dangerous. They should have backed off and let him go and picked him up later. Catching a car thief isn't worth endangering innocent lives just so the cops get to play Starsky and Hutch.

Well as soon as that gets out.....every criminal will be driving through packed neighborhoods when the cops try and pull them over.

vailpass 11-08-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 10169926)
I doubt I'd take a stolen vehicle report if the kid lived at home and has had access to the truck on a routine basis to start off with. But I know if I was about to get run over or saw anyone about to get run over, it would be a game changer.

Honest question: do you get to refuse a call if you want to?

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169996)
Well as soon as that gets out.....every criminal will be driving through packed neighborhoods when the cops try and pull them over.

So i guess you wouldn't care if your wife or daughter got rammed and killed during the chase as long as they catch that car thief, or the guy with a half oz of weed in his car.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170013)
So i guess you wouldn't care if your wife or daughter got rammed and killed during the chase as long as they catch that car thief, or the guy with a half oz of weed in his car.

Yep....because that's where I was going with it.

But that's ok....because everyone is fully aware that when the cop backs off....the criminal goes back to following the traffic laws.

hometeam 11-08-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170013)

I don't think anyone would not care.

But it's not the cops fault. Its the ****ing dipshit acting like a madman.

FRCDFED 11-08-2013 01:36 PM

Watched the vid. This is a simple case. Guy rams cop car....guy gets shot.

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10170018)
Yep....because that's where I was going with it.

But that's ok....because everyone is fully aware that when the cop backs off....the criminal goes back to following the traffic laws.

Dude, I'm just telling you, that it's pretty standard policy not to pursue a high speed chase through a populated area. At least it used to be. I can't speak for how they do things these days.

Usually once people think they have escaped they chill out and quit driving crazy. Probably to avoid attracting further attention as much as anything. They may not be law abiding citizens, but they probably don't drive like a bat out of hell running red lights and stop signs if nobody is chasing them.

FRCDFED 11-08-2013 01:38 PM

Chief......watch the vid. After the cop car gets rammed with the trailer and blows the intersection then the police car backs off and uses caution trying the catch up. Most of the time the truck had a 2-3 block lead on the police car.

Your argument is going almost full reerun.

fan4ever 11-08-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 10169271)
This is just one of those stories that's bad for everyone involved.

kid is lucky he didn't get T-boned that first intersection he blew through. Two close calls, there could have been kids and moms, etc. in those cars going by, he could have ended lives.

Not good for anyone.

I'm always kind of surprised at reactions like this; "could have been kids and moms" like a dad or male getting killed would be less significant/tragic. "Could have killed somebody" works just fine.

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10170030)
Chief......watch the vid. After the cop car gets rammed with the trailer and blows the intersection then the police car backs off and uses caution trying the catch up. Most of the time the truck had a 2-3 block lead on the police car.

Your argument is going almost full reerun.

A two to three block lead isn't enough for the guy to think he has escaped. And it's not an argument. I just stated that I know at least one former Chief of Police of a metropolitan area who would have had those cops ass in a sling for continuing to pursue a high speed chase through a heavily populated area.

bricks 11-08-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10169927)
I have to believe that "bricks" hasn't watched the dash cam vid. I didn't offer an opinion until I saw it. Once viewed, that was an easy decision to take that dumb **** down.

No I didn't watch the video.

All I did was read the article.

It looks like I missed out on some other info.

bricks 11-08-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10169924)

Chill the **** out.

I didn't even watch the video yet.

FRCDFED 11-08-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170037)
A two to three block lead isn't enough for the guy to think he has escaped. And it's not an argument. I just stated that I know at least one former Chief of Police of a metropolitan area who would have had those cops ass in a sling for continuing to pursue a high speed chase through a heavily populated area.

In some cases backing off because of "fear of the unknown" is a chickenshit call by any police chief. This guy chose his own fate.

The officer drove through congested areas with caution and handled the situation well.

FRCDFED 11-08-2013 01:49 PM

AMES, IA. — The officer who shot and killed a 19-year-old driver this week after a chase onto Iowa State University’s campus was cleared Thursday of wrongdoing, completing the investigation, officials said.

Ames Police Officer Adam McPherson “acted reasonably under very difficult circumstances and McPherson’s use of deadly force was justified,” wrote Story County Attorney Stephen Holmes in a letter to Ames Police Chief Charles Cychosz.

Holmes’ findings mean the case will not go to a grand jury, which would have heard evidence in secret and then would have decided whether prosecutors had presented enough evidence to file a criminal charge.

McPherson remains on paid administrative leave, standard procedure after a shooting.

The family of Tyler Comstock said unanswered questions remain, beyond why McPherson fired his weapon. They also want to know why McPherson, 32, continued the pursuit after a police supervisor twice suggested he back off.

Comstock, 19, led police on a chase that began around 10:25 a.m. Monday after his father reported that his work truck was stolen. Police said speeds reached nearly 70 miles per hour on city streets. Comstock’s truck, which rammed patrol cars, narrowly missed hitting other vehicles and pedestrians, according to dashboard camera videos released Thursday from two police cars.

Events unfoldedquickly. Less than four minutes passed from the time the chase began to when McPherson, just north of the Campanile on ISU’s campus, fired seven shots into the back of Comstock’s pickup cab. Comstock died from two gunshot wounds.

Holmes, the county attorney, wrote in a four-page statement that Comstock’s dangerous driving resulted in potentially five assaults with a dangerous weapon. The stolen truck, he wrote, was the dangerous weapon.

Among the evidence Holmes said he reviewed: a taped interview with McPherson, two dashboard camera videos, an independent video recording, and the results of an investigation by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

Holmes said McPherson and a second pursuing officer, ISU Police Officer Tony Atilano, showed restraint on a grassy area on Central Campus when they got out of their vehicles, ordering Comstock out of the truck without firing their weapons.

“Neither officer overreacts but they both try to order Comstock out,” Holmes wrote.

NEW: Click through key moments in the pursuit

But Comstock continued to flee. The officers got back into their cars and pursued Comstock to a wooded area. The officers tried to disable the truck by ramming it. McPherson fired only after both officers exited their disabled vehicles and found the truck’s engine revving even though it was stuck, Holmes wrote.

Holmes said officers “could not disengage” after Comstock backed a trailer he was hauling into McPherson’s car, pushing it sideways.
But twice during Monday’s chase, an unidentified police staffer suggested to McPherson that he back off the pursuit, according to dispatcher audio. The first time, McPherson is told, “If he’s that reckless coming into the college area, why don’t you back off?”

Officers then pursued the truck into the heart of ISU’s campus, in the grassy area north of the Campanile.

The police staffer again, according to the audio, suggested McPherson cut off the pursuit. “We know the suspect. We can probably back it off.” However, at that point McPherson was getting out of his squad car and telling Comstock to turn off the truck’s engine, officials said.

It’s unclear if McPherson heard the supervisor over the dispatch, Ames Police Cmdr. Geoff Huff said.

Holmes, the county attorney, wrote it is impossible to know if Comstock would have stopped driving dangerously if officers had stopped the pursuit. A recent Ames police chase of someone who drove off without paying for gas was stopped out of safety concerns. The fleeing vehicle did not slow down, and the incident ended with one teenager dead and another driver seriously injured, Holmes wrote.
The investigative process into Monday’s shooting was completed sooner than usual, officials said. It can take weeks before an investigation into a police shooting is concluded, a DCI official said Wednesday.

However, the county attorney’s decision and patrol car videos were released Thursday because dispatch audio was made public Tuesday by The Des Moines Register, Huff said.

“That unfortunately forced our hand to move quicker than we normally would have,” Huff said.

The investigative process moved faster than usual, but officials said the results were clear. The officers, placed in an impossible situation, acted reasonably, wrote Holmes, the county attorney.

“In watching the videos I can’t help but express my concern that it was only by sheer luck that no one else was seriously injured or killed by Mr. Comstock,” Holmes wrote.

Bwana 11-08-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 10170053)
Chill the **** out.

I didn't even watch the video yet.

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...s&VID=25334928

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10170060)
In some cases backing off because of "fear of the unknown" is a chickenshit call by any police chief. This guy chose his own fate.

The officer drove through congested areas with caution and handled the situation well.

It isn't chickenshit, it's trying to avoid getting innocent people killed. The guy deserved the bullet, I'm not even arguing that point. I'm just saying that by continuing the chase they were putting innocent bystanders' lives in jeopardy. They knew who the kid was, they knew where he lived. Let him get away. Quit chasing him and he more than likely quits driving like a ****ing maniac. Then go pick him up at his house later.

The dispatchers told the cops to do exactly that, for exactly the reasons I just stated. They were causing more danger to innocent bystanders by chasing him than letting him go would cause.

bricks 11-08-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10170074)

Thanks Bwana

The Franchise 11-08-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170079)
It isn't chickenshit, it's trying to avoid getting innocent people killed. The guy deserved the bullet, I'm not even arguing that point. I'm just saying that by continuing the chase they were putting innocent bystanders' lives in jeopardy. They knew who the kid was, they knew where he lived. Let him get away. Quit chasing him and he more than likely quits driving like a ****ing maniac. Then go pick him up at his house later.

The dispatchers told the cops to do exactly that, for exactly the reasons I just stated. They were causing more danger to innocent bystanders by chasing him than letting him go would cause.

Which is fully assuming that's what the kid would do. They have no idea if he's going to go on a rampage and start killing people or if he was going to go back to his house.

How much trouble would the cops be in if they backed off and 5 minutes later the kid ran over a pedestrian because he was out of his mind?

FRCDFED 11-08-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170079)

According to the investigation once the guy (not kid) backed his truck into the police car they could no longer disengage.

The fact that the kid turned into a college campus IMO raised the stakes. Nobody wants someone like that running around on a college campus.

bricks 11-08-2013 02:03 PM

Well, I have to admit, this is a case situation of self defense.

Stupid move by the kid for trying to challenge the cops. I don't know why he didn't just surrender?

I never like to see people get killed though. But when that person is trying to kill you and you're a cop, I guess it forces your hand to be an eye for eye, tooth for tooth, nail to nail.

Could there have been an alternative option on how they could've handled this situation? I don't know.

FRCDFED 11-08-2013 02:09 PM

At about the 3:05 mark on the second dashcam vid (ISU unit) you see pedestrians trying to get out of the way when the douche is driving backwards across the grass and then through the wooden displays. This is just before he was shot. I'm sure that was also taken into consideration to fire. He had a total lack of regard for others.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10169950)

So if an A.P. shot someone in a residential neighborhood and then took off on the run, you'd prefer LE not pursue him because they might 'stoke' him up a little bit, making him more likely to shoot additional people???

Sounds like a good idea. :rolleyes:

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170120)
So if an A.P. shot someone in a residential neighborhood and then took off on the run, you'd prefer LE not pursue him because they might 'stoke' him up a little bit, making him more likely to shoot additional people???

Sounds like a good idea. :rolleyes:

Your synopsis of what I have said on this subject is so far off the mark I have to question your ability to comprehend English.

Strongside 11-08-2013 02:17 PM

No action will be taken against the officer because the kid's father is an officer and probably would have used the same, poor judgement. I have family in law-enforcement and in no way want to belittle the service that they provide to communities. But the fact remains that any person without a criminal record, sane or not, can become a police officer. When there is no one to police the police, lives are taken unnecessarily. Give power to men and let them feel like they are above the law and they'll murder a kid for not shutting a truck off.

There is a reason that we have a larger prison population than some countries' total population. Our justice system is broken, as is the police force enforcing it.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10169991)
Catching a car thief isn't worth endangering innocent lives just so the cops get to play Starsky and Hutch.

Yes, that is exactly what the officers we're doing here; trying to catch a car thief.

It's not like they were trying to protect other innocent citizens from this idiot going on a rampage with his dad's truck. :rolleyes:

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170128)
Your synopsis of what I have said on this subject is so far off the mark I have to question your ability to comprehend English.

Your synopsis of the legal system and criminal intent is so far off the mark I have to question YOUR ability to even form a rational thought.

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170134)
Yes, that is exactly what the officers we're doing here; trying to catch a car thief.

It's not like they were trying to protect other innocent citizens from this idiot going on a rampage with his dad's truck. :rolleyes:

He was on a rampage in his dad's truck because they were chasing him.

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170135)
Your synopsis of the legal system and criminal intent is so far off the mark I have to question YOUR ability to even form a rational thought.

If you say so. A former Chief of Police I know would agree with my assessment of this situation. But I guess you know better than him.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170136)
He was on a rampage in his dad's truck because they were chasing him.

Right. The officers MADE him irrational. It's their fault. I mean, the kid stole a truck and took off because someone wouldn't buy him some cigarettes.

Clearly, he was thinking rationally before the car chase ever happened.

Herp . . . . derp.

Omaha 11-08-2013 02:26 PM

Cigarettes are bad.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170142)
If you say so. A former Chief of Police I know would agree with my assessment of this situation. But I guess you know better than him.

I work in law enforcement, asshole.

Your FORMER chief or police friend is an idiot and doesn't follow what ANY current academy teaches.

This is not 30 years ago. Times have changed.

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170149)
Right. The officers MADE him irrational. It's their fault. I mean, the kid stole a truck and took off because someone wouldn't buy him some cigarettes.

Herp . . . . derp.

I'm not saying he wasn't at fault. He clearly was. But once the chase became a serious danger to civilians in the area, they should have stopped the pursuit. He wasn't endangering anyone until the cops started chasing him, he was just a car thief.

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170158)
I work in law enforcement, asshole.

Your FORMER chief or police friend is an idiot and doesn't follow what ANY current academy teaches.

This is not 30 years ago. Times have changed.

For the worse.

TheGuardian 11-08-2013 02:28 PM

stay down, bitch

Strongside 11-08-2013 02:29 PM

This is headed to DC pretty quick at this rate...

The Franchise 11-08-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170163)
For the worse.

Oh ****ing bullshit.

**** this kid. He was a dipshit....broke the law and then didn't pull over when he should have. Attack cops and you get shot....pretty simple. And **** the Dad for complaining. Guess what dipshit? Maybe if you had better control of your son....this wouldn't have happened.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170161)
I'm not saying he wasn't at fault. He clearly was. But once the chase became a serious danger to civilians in the area, they should have stopped the pursuit. He wasn't endangering anyone until the cops started chasing him, he was just a car thief.

If you really believe this, then I feel sorry for you and there's certainly nothing I can say to change your mind.

Wallcrawler 11-08-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170149)

Herp . . . . derp.

Are you seriously that ****ing obtuse?

1. He didn't "STEAL" anything. He drove off in his dad's truck, which Im sure he had driven plenty of times until that day. His dad was being a little bitch about the situation, and instead of handling his son when he next saw him, he dialed up the cops. You want to teach your kid a lesson, to take him to the woodshed. You don't send the ****ing cops after him unless you want this kind of shit to happen.

2. The dude had a heated discussion with someone close to him, got angry, and drove off. You act as if this never happens to thousands of people each and every single day. This is hardly maniacal behavior.

3. When the officer first acquires the truck on his dash cam, what is it doing?

Its sitting at a ****ing stoplight. Very erratic, psychotic behavior right there, let me tell you.

His behavior changed as soon as the sirens came on. Whether it was motivated by anger, fear, or psychosis, nobody is ever gonna know because Barney Fife and his sidekick filled the cab with bullets instead of disabling the truck and arresting him.

This is a good lesson for everyone. Don't involve the cops unless youre cool with someone getting killed. They don't handle shit like they used to.

Beef Supreme 11-08-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10170168)
Oh ****ing bullshit.

**** this kid. He was a dipshit....broke the law and then didn't pull over when he should have. Attack cops and you get shot....pretty simple. And **** the Dad for complaining. Guess what dipshit? Maybe if you had better control of your son....this wouldn't have happened.

I already told you, the kid deserved the bullet. I don't give a **** about the kid's fate. The dispatchers told them to stop pursuit because the chase had become a serious danger to innocent bystanders. I'm sure if your wife or kid died just so the cops could get their man at the end of an exciting chase you would be changing your tune. Especially since they knew where the kid lived.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10170178)
I already told you, the kid deserved the bullet. I don't give a **** about the kid's fate. The dispatchers told them to stop pursuit because the chase had become a serious danger to innocent bystanders. I'm sure if your wife or kid died just so the cops could get their man at the end of an exciting chase you would be changing your tune. Especially since they knew where the kid lived.

:rolleyes: Keep bringing my wife or kid up. It makes you look smart.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10170177)

1. He didn't "STEAL" anything. He drove off in his dad's truck, which Im sure he had driven plenty of times until that day. His dad was being a little bitch about the situation, and instead of handling his son when he next saw him, he dialed up the cops. You want to teach your kid a lesson, to take him to the woodshed. You don't send the ****ing cops after him unless you want this kind of shit to happen.

2. The dude had a heated discussion with someone close to him, got angry, and drove off. You act as if this never happens to thousands of people each and every single day. This is hardly maniacal behavior.

Its sitting at a ****ing stoplight. Very erratic, psychotic behavior right there, let me tell you.

His behavior changed as soon as the sirens came on. Whether it was motivated by anger, fear, or psychosis, nobody is ever gonna know because Barney Fife and his sidekick filled the cab with bullets instead of disabling the truck and arresting him.

This is a good lesson for everyone. Don't involve the cops unless youre cool with someone getting killed. They don't handle shit like they used to.

If he didn't steal anything....why did he run from the cops?

Wallcrawler 11-08-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10170171)
If you really believe this, then I feel sorry for you and there's certainly nothing I can say to change your mind.

Your and idiot.

Sitting patiently at a stoplight does not count as endangering the public. If youre going to post something this stupid, at least fake a stroke first.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10170177)

So LE officers shouldn't pull anyone over or pursue them for fear they might make the suspect act irrationally?

Brilliant conclusion.

Wallcrawler 11-08-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10170184)
If he didn't steal anything....why did he run from the cops?

I would guess because he didn't want to go to jail over a technicality involving his father being too big of a bitch to handle this situation himself and saying the kid "stole" his truck.

Why don't we read the interview about why he ran?

Oh wait, dead people don't answer questions. Mah bad.

The Franchise 11-08-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10170194)
I would guess because he didn't want to go to jail over a technicality involving his father being too big of a bitch to handle this situation himself and saying the kid "stole" his truck.

Why don't we read the interview about why he ran?

Oh wait, dead people don't answer questions. Mah bad.

Good....so blame the Dad for the death of his son then. Or how about you blame the dipshit kid who took something that wasn't his because he threw a temper tantrum about not getting cigarettes. As far as I'm concerned.....good ****ing riddance.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-08-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10170189)
Your and idiot.

Sitting patiently at a stoplight does not count as endangering the public. If youre going to post something this stupid, at least fake a stroke first.

It's "an" idiot, BTW.

Again, the prior behavior to the 'chase' was completely rational and I'm sure the suspect was exhibiting all the "patience" in the world.