ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop I Just Watched The Wrestler And I.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279027)

Reaper16 11-30-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 10233492)
Just watched this for the first time tonight.

Spoiler!

Yes it does, but not on WWE programming. There's a few indy promotions that use the Japanese Death Match style form of sheer brutality. Not my favorite form of pro wrestling, as I don't watch wrestling to see people actually get really hurt.

Rausch 11-30-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10231289)
No matter what he does, Rourke will never top his performance as Stavros in Double Team.

I'm a huge fan of Angel Heart myself...

Mama Hip Rockets 11-30-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10233628)
Yes it does, but not on WWE programming. There's a few indy promotions that use the Japanese Death Match style form of sheer brutality. Not my favorite form of pro wrestling, as I don't watch wrestling to see people actually get really hurt.

Yeah, wrestling is supposed to be entertainment. Why the hell would anyone want to watch that garbage?

beach tribe 11-30-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson (Post 10231258)
Anybody wanting to see good scenes of Marisa Tomei without her clothes, go watch "Before the devil knows you're dead."

I was just about to post this.

And speaking of a Dark and twisted Fn flick. That's one of them.

beach tribe 11-30-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10233630)
I'm a huge fan of Angel Heart myself...

LMAO

Im pretty sure he was kidding.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S3qxgFbThIU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b5OijsIcT0k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tombstone RJ 11-30-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10230253)
want to blow my brains out.

why the hell did I watch this ? JFC, what a depressing movie. Could Mickey be more believable? Good lord, it was like the role he was born to play.

worse over, I think I may finally hang up my unitard and call it quits.

this was absolutely the best movie of 2008 and should have won Best Picture IMHO. Absolutely a brilliant movie.

Tombstone RJ 11-30-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10230303)
It ain't ever gonna happen. No interest in the subject matter, the character, anything. And I generally like Mickey Rourke.

But if I feel the need to watch a dark Mickey Rourke movie, I'll stick with Angel Heart.

dude, it's a great movie. And I hate the whole professional wrestling crap. However, this movie actually made me respect those guys who do it even though it's scripted. Plus, Marissa Tormei naked...

depressing, yes. But perhaps the most realistic movie produced in the last 30 years in that, it didn't try and hide how tragic our lives can be.

aturnis 11-30-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10234781)
this was absolutely the best movie of 2008 and should have won Best Picture IMHO. Absolutely a brilliant movie.

This.

Tombstone RJ 11-30-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 10230356)
A DRINK TO ALL MY FRIENDS!!!

another great movie by Rourke, and based on a true story too.

Tombstone RJ 11-30-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank (Post 10231234)
Rourke has done his share of bad acting and bad movies BUT...
he was robbed of the Oscar for Best Actor for "The Wrestler".
All I have to say..

he should have got best actor and movie should have got best picture. What movie won best picture that year??

I think it was Chicago, that crappy musical NO ONE WILL REMEMBER BECAUSE IT SUCKED.

This movie rocked. Full on rocked.

TimBone 11-30-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10234835)
he should have got best actor and movie should have got best picture. What movie won best picture that year??

I think it was Chicago, that crappy musical NO ONE WILL REMEMBER BECAUSE IT SUCKED.

This movie rocked. Full on rocked.

Slumdog Millionaire won best picture. I think it's a great movie, but I think I prefer The Wrestler over it. Sad part is, The Wrestler wasn't even nominated for best picture.

Nominees were: Slumdog Millionaire, The curious case of Benjamin Button, Frost/Nixon, Milk, and The Reader.

Fat Elvis 12-01-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson (Post 10235110)
Slumdog Millionaire won best picture. I think it's a great movie, but I think I prefer The Wrestler over it. Sad part is, The Wrestler wasn't even nominated for best picture.

Nominees were: Slumdog Millionaire, The curious case of Benjamin Button, Frost/Nixon, Milk, and The Reader.

Outside of Bejamin Button, that is a really solid slate of movies....

TimBone 12-01-2013 12:39 AM

I think so too. Swap out button with The Wrestler and its a great list.