ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****THE OFFICIAL TYLER BRAY THREAD II***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285376)

John Dope 08-11-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10810636)
And yet Bray is the one running with the 2's and Reid considers to most improved player.

In practice. He hasn't done shit with the twos in a preseason game. He hasn't even played with the twos in a preseason game. Also Reid talked up Dezmon Moses last week or the week before to.

John Dope 08-11-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ricky Stanzi Will Be The Chiefs No. 2 QB Against The Rams
by Joel Thorman on Aug 15, 2012 12:33 PM CDT in Chiefs Training Camp

John Rieger-US PRESSWIRE - PresswireMore photos »
It's official: Ricky Stanzi will be the No. 2 quarterback in the Kansas City Chiefs second preseason game against the St. Louis Rams. Not the No. 2 for the entire season; just for this game. I said earlier today that I wouldn't be surprised if Stanzi gets the nod simply for the sake of giving him a fair chance with the second team.

Stanzi and Brady Quinn are battling for the No. 2 job and throughout camp there isn't a clear leader. Most would say Quinn has been better but it's not like he's lighting the world on fire.

As the KC Star's Adam Teicher notes, the fact that Stanzi gets the nod as the No. 2 in Saturday's game shows that this thing isn't over. Stanzi still has a shot. Maybe not a great one but still a shot.

Danny Parkins made a good point on 610 Sports today about this. Stanzi hasn't been given many opportunities to work with the second team in game action. If this is a true competition then Stanzi deserves time with the second team to show what he can do with better talent.

Put this one on your checklist for Saturday night. We'll be watching the backup battle closely.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262417
It looks like you guys have been here before. Do you have deja vu?

BigBeauford 08-11-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10810917)

You represent everything that is bad with this world.

John Dope 08-11-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 10810918)
You represent everything that is bad with this world.

LMAO

jd1020 08-11-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10810917)

Ricky Stanzi didn't win the #2 job, but he was still on the team after final cuts.

BigBeauford 08-11-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10810961)
LMAO

You're in pretty good company with all the other dipshits who opt out of rep. Way to go! :thumb:

beach tribe 08-11-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10810868)
I very clearly said SEC dumbass.

penguinz,

Every year there is a guy like Bray with the prototype arm and size. This year it was Logan Thomas. Last year it was Bray. The Year before last it was BJ Coleman. Thirty yards in the air looks real pretty but it doesn't mean shit.

I know what you said.

I've seen every game the guy has played. he's more than just a rocket.
He also ha that fire on and off the field. Being a young man he didn't always channel that fire correctly.
I'm banking on him growing up.
And I truly feel like I've seen him enough to make as realistic a judgement that a fan can.
I'm sure the scouting reports you read have you much more informed, though.

beach tribe 08-11-2014 05:11 PM

I keep getting this vision of Alex Smith being a great teammate on the side lines after he has a concussion and his back-up comes in and starts lighting it up.
Only It's not Kaepernick on the field.

Tribal Warfare 08-11-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10810891)
In practice. He hasn't done shit with the twos in a preseason game. He hasn't even played with the twos in a preseason game. Also Reid talked up Dezmon Moses last week or the week before to.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8...reseason-stats

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201308...6371&tab=recap

Quote:

Bray outshines Daniel as Chiefs rout Packers

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Tyler Bray threw for 169 yards and three touchdowns, and the Kansas City Chiefs beat the Green Bay Packers 30-8 on Thursday night in a preseason finale nearly devoid of starters.

Bray, an undrafted rookie out of Tennessee, outshined Chiefs backup Chase Daniel while giving starter Alex Smith the night off. Bray hit Junior Hemingway late in the first half for a touchdown, and then connected with Josh Bellamy and Frankie Hammond Jr. for TDs in the second half.

Vince Young had a rough game for the Packers in place of Aaron Rodgers, who likewise sat the game out. Young was just 13-of-29 passing for 121 yards and fumbled twice, losing one of them.

B.J. Coleman was 2-of-7 passing for 19 yards on the few series he played for Green Bay.

rico 08-11-2014 05:15 PM

Stanzi evidently looked sharp for the Jags a few days ago.. went 4-4 and led the Jags to score on the last/winning drive. Word is, he is likely not going to be on the Jags roster, but is being considered for another team's backup role... I dunno, read it on the Iowa board a couple hours ago...have no idea how legitimate this is, or who the mystery team that is interested in him being backup.

John Dope 08-11-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10810972)
I know what you said.

I've seen every game the guy has played. he's more than just a rocket.
He also ha that fire on and off the field. Being a young man he didn't always channel that fire correctly.
I'm banking on him growing up.
And I truly feel like I've seen him enough to make as realistic a judgement that a fan can.
I'm sure the scouting reports you read have you much more informed, though.

I watched him. I watched Rogers, Patterson, Hunter, Thomas, Rivera, Fulton and James to. All of those guys were in the extremely talented offense that he got to drive and he ****ing choked over and over. Why on earth would Tennessee fans be hanging around here? Most Vols fans hate the guy's guts. Do you guys live outside of Tennessee? He basically quit on his team.

beach tribe 08-11-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10811035)
Most Vols fans hate the guy's guts.

And your knowledge shines through again.
Most Vols fans wished he was still there this season.
The KID got discouraged after the WRs in that potent offenses dropped some huge passes. He didn't handle it well. That's true
If he hasn't grown up, he has no shot.
If he has, which , like I said, I'm banking on, he's gonna shine bright.
BTW
Chiefs #1

Vols #2

John Dope 08-11-2014 05:47 PM

They wished he was there last year and they are pissed that he quit on them. My knowledge does shine through. Oh well it is what it is and it will play itself out. I feel bad for pissing on your homer thread guys. Maybe he'll work out?

Tribal Warfare 08-11-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10811122)
And your knowledge shines through again.
Most Vols fans wished he was still there this season.
The KID got discouraged after the WRs in that potent offenses dropped some huge passes. He didn't handle it well. That's true
If he hasn't grown up, he has no shot.
If he has, which , like I said, I'm banking on, he's gonna shine bright.
BTW
Chiefs #1

Vols #2

like I said before, you were pimping him prior to his junior year. Then I checked him out and I definitely agreed with you that the kid has talent and if he took his craft seriously he'd be an elite QB.

beach tribe 08-11-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10811138)
They wished he was there last year and they are pissed that he quit on them. My knowledge does shine through. Oh well it is what it is and it will play itself out. I feel bad for pissing on your homer thread guys. Maybe he'll work out?

If you are nice from now on Tomahawk will let you wear his Bray Jersey when he blows up.

John Dope 08-11-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10811154)
If you are nice from now on Tomahawk will let you wear his Bray Jersey when he blows up.

If he blows up I will wear it and have it dry cleaned before I return it. :thumb:

beach tribe 08-11-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10811159)
If he blows up I will wear it and have it dry cleaned before I return it. :thumb:

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps69778fd4.gif

Tribal Warfare 08-11-2014 06:08 PM

One thing that he does need to correct is his setup before he delivers the ball. He holds it too low hence the strip sacks we've seen in last years preseason and this years. The kid doesn't have the lightning quick release like Marino to get away with that.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-12-2014 09:00 AM

WtF Is ThiS BullSHiT!??

ActiveShooter 08-12-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10808420)
I don't think it equals winning. He was never a winner in the SEC despite having three wide receivers and a bunch of o-linemen who are now playing in the pros. Did he win two or three SEC games in three years as the starter? He's been stepping into throws like for years. He's still a loser until he proves otherwise and is still a major longshot imo.

You're an idiot until you prove otherwise. Tennessee had a defense that was ranked like #116 in the country. That Could've had something to do with the won loss percentage. They also had Zero running game and Patterson while dynamic with the ball rarely ran the proper routes and Bray had to guess where he was going. Hunter dropped as many passes as he caught and played tentative on his repaired knee. Mychael Rivera became a Bray favorite, but make no mistake, Bray elevated his play and Denarious Moore's play. D MO wasn't even on the draft boards until Bray replaced Simms and lit it up.
You can't go into Alabama with a Stud QB, good receivers, decent ol, terrible run game, hideous defense and moronic coaching and expect to win. No QB can offset those deficiencies.

ActiveShooter 08-12-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10810623)
He'd have to win on some level before I'd even begin to compare him to Alex. Bray is a loser until he proves otherwise imo.

I will say that I look forward to the competition in the next two games. I still think Bray is going to have to really outplay Daniel in the next two games to get a spot on the roster. It will be fun to watch him go against the twos for the first time in a preseason game. The deck is definitely stacked against him. He's just not in the same mold as the other three quarterbacks at all. They are proven leaders who've won big games and can scramble. If he beats out Daniel he will earn it. If he doesn't people will bitch. I'm just not sure some really understand what it's going to take.

The only thing you said that's factual is that Bray can't scramble. You're a troll.

John Dope 08-12-2014 10:55 AM

Thanks, I forgot about Moore. That's another one.

As for the rest you don't know what you are talking about. Dooley was partially to blame for their failure to win but he shoulders the load with Bray. All that blaming the wide receivers and defense is a bunch of crap. That's the same old "I support the quarterback" argument you get here all the time. They were in games and he porked it at the end. That's a fact. You people are ****ing crazy. Why in the **** are you latching on to some undrafted third string wanna be pro quarterback like it's your mama's teet? I'lll try to stay away but I hate the homerism.

John Dope 08-12-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10812754)
WtF Is ThiS BullSHiT!??

A good debate through realistic criticism. He's far from perfect and not everyone is a homer.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-12-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10812999)
A good debate through realistic criticism. He's far from perfect and not everyone is a homer.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

Dumbass.

John Dope 08-12-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10813002)
Thanks for stating the obvious.

Dumbass.

My bad I thought you were sincerely bitching.

KC_Lee 08-12-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActiveShooter (Post 10812789)
You're an idiot until you prove otherwise. Tennessee had a defense that was ranked like #116 in the country. That Could've had something to do with the won loss percentage. They also had Zero running game and Patterson while dynamic with the ball rarely ran the proper routes and Bray had to guess where he was going. Hunter dropped as many passes as he caught and played tentative on his repaired knee. Mychael Rivera became a Bray favorite, but make no mistake, Bray elevated his play and Denarious Moore's play. D MO wasn't even on the draft boards until Bray replaced Simms and lit it up.
You can't go into Alabama with a Stud QB, good receivers, decent ol, terrible run game, hideous defense and moronic coaching and expect to win. No QB can offset those deficiencies.

Well that and the fact that Derek Dooley was the head coach. Have to factor that into the equation.

ActiveShooter 08-12-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10812991)
Thanks, I forgot about Moore. That's another one.

As for the rest you don't know what you are talking about. Dooley was partially to blame for their failure to win but he shoulders the load with Bray. All that blaming the wide receivers and defense is a bunch of crap. That's the same old "I support the quarterback" argument you get here all the time. They were in games and he porked it at the end. That's a fact. You people are ****ing crazy. Why in the **** are you latching on to some undrafted third string wanna be pro quarterback like it's your mama's teet? I'lll try to stay away but I hate the homerism.

Because I watched every game that he played since his sophomore year in HS. Oh and football is a team sport and you obviously can't grasp that. He broke many of Peyton's records at UT while the defense allowed 40+ a game. Even Peyton almighty couldn't win in that situation. Also, Denarious was a Senior when Bray took the UT reins at half time in South Carolina during Bray's true freshman year.
You can't see the potential of a 22 yr old that played just 3 years in college and dealt with horrid coaching and that really proves how ignorant you are. You also think a QB is solely responsible for wins and losses in a team sport with 53 players. Learn the game of football and stop regurgitating the stupidity that you hear on mindless sports talk radio.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-12-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActiveShooter (Post 10813203)
Because I watched every game that he played since his sophomore year in HS. Oh and football is a team sport and you obviously can't grasp that. He broke many of Peyton's records at UT while the defense allowed 40+ a game. Even Peyton almighty couldn't win in that situation. Also, Denarious was a Senior when Bray took the UT reins at half time in South Carolina during Bray's true freshman year.
You can't see the potential of a 22 yr old that played just 3 years in college and dealt with horrid coaching and that really proves how ignorant you are. You also think a QB is solely responsible for wins and losses in a team sport with 53 players. Learn the game of football and stop regurgitating the stupidity that you hear on mindless sports talk radio.

http://media.giphy.com/media/kS1aph1nPE1lm/giphy.gif

rico 08-12-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

How was it, watching him play in high school?

John Dope 08-12-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

I can grasp all of it and I've heard it all before. Potential means he hasn't done anything where I come from. I question his heart and for good reason. He quit on his team a couple of times. There is a reason he didn't get drafted. All I am saying here is that he has a lot to prove. That's how all of this started. I still think he has a lot to prove on and off the field.

Yeah his coach sucked. Yeah his defense sucked. He is a stat complier who chokes at the end of games. Can you tell me how many times he choked on the final drive of games? If you watched every game you should know.

I can talk about how good he should have been and you can talk about how good he could have been but the bottom line is that he hasn't done shit on the college or pro levels.

John Dope 08-12-2014 04:59 PM

Bray Chokes

1. North Carolina 2010 - Interception in OT
2. Florida 2011 - Throws interception on final 4th quarter drive
3. Kentucky 2011 - Throws interception on final 4th quarter drive
4. Georgia 2012 - Throws interception on final 4th quarter drive
5. South Carolina 2012 - Throws interception on final 4th quarter drive. He fumbled on the drive before that.
6. Missouri 2012 - Throws three incomplete passes in OT to end game

Note that these are just the games they lost by seven or less. He had a chance in every one of them. This isn't including games like the 2011 South Carolina game where he threw 4th quarter interceptions and lost 14-3. If you like stats I guess Bray is your guy. If you need one drive at the end of the game you should run away from Bray.

ActiveShooter 08-12-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10813752)
Bray Chokes

1. North Carolina 2010 - Interception in OT
2. Florida 2011 - Throws interception on final 4th quarter drive
3. Kentucky 2011 - Throws interception on final 4th quarter drive
4. Georgia 2012 - Throws interception on final 4th quarter drive
5. South Carolina 2012 - Throws interception on final 4th quarter drive. He fumbled on the drive before that.
6. Missouri 2012 - Throws three incomplete passes in OT to end game

Note that these are just the games they lost by seven or less. He had a chance in every one of them. This isn't including games like the 2011 South Carolina game where he threw 4th quarter interceptions and lost 14-3. If you like stats I guess Bray is your guy. If you need one drive at the end of the game you should run away from Bray.

Damn. You put a lot of work on that. Only proves that you are indeed a troll. Please get back to me with the amount of times in those games that a ball hit mychael Rivera in the hands and it popped up for a pick or when a game winning td pass was dropped by Justin Hunter, or when a TD was taken off the board because Cordarelle Patterson chose to celebrate before the goal line. I remember those and a few others happening and if you can get the dates, you can troll the Raider, Viking and Titan boards too. Too bad you still haven't figured out that it's a team sport.

ActiveShooter 08-12-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10813660)
How was it, watching him play in high school?

I had just moved to Kingsburg and had no idea who he was. I was just there to watch my Brother in law play. He was a junior and Bray was a sophomore. After the first pass, I looked at my father in law and told him that "that QB will be in the NFL some day". It was bombs away. Kinda like watching Dan Fouts athe Chargers of the '80's. I didn't miss a game since. When we did get behind, everyone was calm because we had Bray and he was clutch.
He actually only got to play about two thirds of the time because it often was a blow out and they also had a back up QB named London Lacy(got a full ride to Uc Davis as a QB and is the starter this year for the Aggies) whom the coaches really liked. Bray and Lacy were competing against each other since pee wee. Lacy was really good, but Bray obviously was better and it was unfortunate that both were in the same class. Lacy would've gotten more attention if he was a couple years behind and we Could've used him.
This year Kingsburg has a stud LT named Isaiah Trevino and he's 6-6 330 and can flat out move. He's already got offers from 7 schools including 3 Pac 12 teams before his senior year even started. Fully expect the offers from the Pac 12 powerhouses to roll in once the season starts. Not as exciting as watching a bomb fest, but solid O line play is fun to watch in its own way. Sky's the limit for him.

ActiveShooter 08-12-2014 07:52 PM

2 exciting plays to finish games the year after Bray left. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g8mtrUfGL0&sns=em

Tribal Warfare 08-14-2014 10:12 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt7G2uPCEAAV6oc.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/JAWbats">@JAWbats</a> thanks for the sweet bat. <a href="http://t.co/B3YmJGg1HG">pic.twitter.com/B3YmJGg1HG</a></p>&mdash; Tyler Bray (@tbrayvol8) <a href="https://twitter.com/tbrayvol8/statuses/495051654341734401">August 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah mother****er! he's going deep, and bombing them in the park.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-14-2014 10:27 AM

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71·5 mins
Tyler Bray needs to see reps with the twos in preseason. It's time for him to take the next step.

Tribal Warfare 08-14-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10817896)
Tyler Bray needs to see reps with the twos in preseason. It's time for him to take the next step.

yep like the playing time that was given to him during last years preseason game against the Packers.

Tribal Warfare 08-14-2014 10:41 AM

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...p-fan-club.jpg

**** Rex Grossman, this club belongs to Bray

In58men 08-14-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10817915)
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...p-fan-club.jpg

**** Rex Grossman, this club belongs to Bray

I take it Alex Smith got denied?

BigBeauford 08-14-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10817944)
I take it Alex Smith got denied?

His application came up short.

kepp 08-14-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10817896)

That's hard-hitting analysis. The Chiefs should get him on staff.

John Dope 08-14-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10817904)
yep like the playing time that was given to him during last years preseason game against the Packers.

I'd like to see him get his shot but it might not happen until the 4th preseason game. Was GB the 4th game last year?

Tribal Warfare 08-14-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10819148)
I'd like to see him get his shot but it might not happen until the 4th preseason game. Was GB the 4th game last year?

correct, I still have that game on my DVR

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-15-2014 09:21 AM

Still no Smith signing. Negotiations have cooled.

http://www.likecool.com/Body/Fragran...or%20Men/1.jpg

rico 08-15-2014 10:08 AM

So was Bray getting 2nd team reps all week or just that one practice? Should we expect him to be the #2 guy Sunday??

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-15-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10820290)
So was Bray getting 2nd team reps all week or just that one practice? Should we expect him to be the #2 guy Sunday??

They should test the waters.

John Dope 08-15-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10820457)
They should test the waters.

They won't.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-15-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10820593)
They won't.

Abort yourself.

ShowtimeSBMVP 08-20-2014 03:02 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tyler Bray will follow Alex Smith at QB for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> on Saturday against the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Vikings?src=hash">#Vikings</a>.</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/statuses/502198842922520576">August 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-21-2014 10:16 AM

w00t!

Tribal Warfare 08-21-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10835812)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tyler Bray will follow Alex Smith at QB for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> on Saturday against the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Vikings?src=hash">#Vikings</a>.</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/statuses/502198842922520576">August 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-YRfVv_8ePM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 08-21-2014 03:33 PM

Don't **** this up Tyler. Get your ass out there and make it so they HAVE to cut Daniel.

BigRedChief 08-25-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10838420)
Don't **** this up Tyler. Get your ass out there and make it so they HAVE to cut Daniel.

I think he did **** it up. He missed several wide open receivers, not even close on some throws. Chase Daniels stays and Bray is on the cut line now.

Easy 6 08-25-2014 05:01 PM

Outside of the one drive he didnt really do himself any favors, me worried.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-27-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 10848988)
Outside of the one drive he didnt really do himself any favors, me worried.

Who really did themselves any favors that game...?

He still has more TDs than Smith and I believe as many, if not more than Murray and DanielS.

John Dope 08-27-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10853483)

He still has more TDs than Smith and I believe as many, if not more than Murray and DanielS.

It's really never been about his play on the field imo. It's about his mental aptitude. He is sort of a Powe part deux. He can play football. He's just stupid. Well, that and he lost most of his college games and choked all the time.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-27-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10853522)
It's really never been about his play on the field imo. It's about his mental aptitude. He is sort of a Powe part deux. He can play football. He's just stupid. Well, that and he lost most of his college games and choked all the time.

wE SHoUld gO Get kelleN mOOre!11!!

Easy 6 08-27-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10853483)

Thats true, it was a stinker from the top of the roster to the bottom.

I still hope he can stick here, no matter what John "too much" Dope thinks about it.

John Dope 08-27-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 10853590)
Thats true, it was a stinker from the top of the roster to the bottom.

I still hope he can stick here, no matter what John "too much" Dope thinks about it.

He might get on the practice squad. I would be surprised if he didn't.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-28-2014 08:11 PM

Well, if these are his last stats....nothing to be ashamed of.

For the 2nd straight week he was the only Chief to throw a TD pass...and had the most TD's of all 4 QBs.

But he is garbage.... /CP

T. Bray 8/15 116 7.7 1 1 1-10 73.2
A. Murray 5/10 39 3.9 0 0 0-0 60.0
C. Daniel 4/7 34 4.9 0 0 1-5 69.9

KC_Lee 08-28-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10858326)

For the 2nd straight week he was the only Chief to throw a TD pass...and had the most TD's of all 4 QBs.

But it was against scrubs!!! /Those that have failed to accept Tyler Bray as their savior.

Ragged Robin 08-28-2014 08:17 PM

He's not very accurate. Murray seems to have a good feel for a rookie but he displayed his noodle arm today, that "deep" ball was only like 25 yards in the air and was well underthrown with a lot of air under it, very fortunate it got called back. Tolzien > Bray+Murray+Daniels.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-28-2014 08:35 PM

Tyler Bray named Chiefs player of the game in post game.

Bray said to have out-performed Chase this preseason...

srvy 08-28-2014 08:47 PM

Bray outplayed Chase. Now the question is Andy confident enough in Tyler to kick Chase to the curb? Tough call but 3.3 mil vs a half mil you know how the Hunts think. This will be an interesting cut and I am very uncertain how it goes. I really would love to see a trade to get something out or Chase.

Perineum Ripper 08-28-2014 09:29 PM

Being player of the game in any of these preseason games is like being the candle and whip cream on top of a steaming pile of shit..doesn't mean anything

Mr_Tomahawk 08-28-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 10858762)
Being player of the game in any of these preseason games is like being the candle and whip cream on top of a steaming pile of shit..doesn't mean anything

Eh...

It's kind of sad for all the other players on the other hand...

Fat Elvis 08-28-2014 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Bowser 08-28-2014 09:55 PM

All four of our quarterbacks were crap this preseason.

Perineum Ripper 08-28-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10858799)
Eh...

It's kind of sad for all the other players on the other hand...

Yea true

John Dope 08-29-2014 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10858326)

Again, it's not going to be about his stats on the field.

SAUTO 08-29-2014 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10859394)
Again, it's not going to be about his stats on the field.

if its not about his play then what is it about?

John Dope 08-29-2014 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10859397)
if its not about his play then what is it about?

I've already been through this in great detail. It's about what it takes to be a back up QB. We won't be keeping two project QBs and that's what Bray is.

SAUTO 08-29-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10859403)
I've already been through this in great detail. It's about what it takes to be a back up QB. We won't be keeping two project QBs and that's what Bray is.

what does it take to be a backup qb? link to your great analysis...

John Dope 08-29-2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10859413)
what does it take to be a backup qb? link to your great analysis...

Find it yourself blackbob.

KC_Lee 08-29-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10859403)

Murray to IR, Bray gets 3 spot, Reid has two midget & two tower QBs.

John Dope 08-29-2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 10859423)
Murray to IR, Bray gets 3 spot, Reid has two midget & two tower QBs.

I don't think they can put Murray on IR. They would have had to put him on the PUP list before training camp. They can't put him on IR unless he is really hurt. The league will be looking at that closely.

SAUTO 08-29-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10859415)
Find it yourself blackbob.

im most definitely NOT blackbob, you should know that though bob.

and you are a ****ing idiot FTR.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-29-2014 10:13 AM

Herbie Teope‏@HerbieTeope·50 secs
Chiefs coach Andy Reid praised Tyler Bray's development and improvement from last year among the backup quarterbacks.

The Franchise 08-29-2014 10:14 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> QB Tyler Bray suffered knee and ankle injuries vs Green Bay .. Might that be a ticket to IR?</p>&mdash; Randy Covitz (@randycovitz) <a href="https://twitter.com/randycovitz/statuses/505387502187081728">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

KC_Lee 08-29-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10859862)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> QB Tyler Bray suffered knee and ankle injuries vs Green Bay .. Might that be a ticket to IR?</p>&mdash; Randy Covitz (@randycovitz) <a href="https://twitter.com/randycovitz/statuses/505387502187081728">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

Welp that answers that. Bray to IR, Murray to 3rd slot / practice squad.